Can't believe it..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
After 26 years of marriage, two kids and a buying a house together my parents (mom, actually) have decided to seperate. My Mom will be moving in with her mother and my Dad and I will be staying here trying to cope. I shouldn't have to rely on these anti-depressants that I was just prescribed today to take care of me and keep me sane but I have to. Let's just hope it works.

I could go on for days about the situation and I'd really like to, actually, to get it out in the open and ask for more thorough advice. erm

I just took an Ambien. I hope it kicks in soon. I've slept maybe 7-9 hours in 3 or so days.
Yes, what killed Heath Ledger with a mix of other stuff.

And please don't judge me because I don't think I'd ever really do it but since finding out about this all and what I'll lose forever, I've felt like I really shouldn't be living anymore. erm I'd be a lot better off.

=Tired Hiker=
Go talk to a counselor and try to refrain from posting stuff like this here, that's my only advice.

apoc001
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
After 26 years of marriage, two kids and a buying a house together my parents (mom, actually) have decided to seperate. My Mom will be moving in with her mother and my Dad and I will be staying here trying to cope. I shouldn't have to rely on these anti-depressants that I was just prescribed today to take care of me and keep me sane but I have to. Let's just hope it works.

I could go on for days about the situation and I'd really like to, actually, to get it out in the open and ask for more thorough advice. erm

I just took an Ambien. I hope it kicks in soon. I've slept maybe 7-9 hours in 3 or so days.

And please don't judge me because I don't think I'd ever really do it but since finding out about this all and what I'll lose forever, I've felt like I really shouldn't be living anymore. erm I'd be a lot better off.
Well, who can say, really? My parents divorced, although I was only a baby at the time, and it's had no impact on me (aside from me not knowing my dad and having an annoying step-dad), and I'm fine with it, because I know that it was their problem, and it couldn't have possibly had anything to do with me. Ah, I'm probably not helping much. Any specific reason for them realizing they want to split?

FoxMeister
My parents divorced when i was 8

Messy one too

BruceSkywalker

Sorry to hear this, Kels..

If you wanna talk more about it someplace else let me know..

You will be ok in time and stay away from ambien, make sure that is the first and only time you take it.. What you need is some time away from things to refresh your mind and your heart. I'm here if you choose to talk..

Mairuzu
"YAY! TWO CHRISTMASES!"

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
"YAY! TWO CHRISTMASES!" She's too old, they won't compete in buying her love anymore.

Divorces are really just good for children between 6 and 14 ...

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Bardock42
Divorces are really just good for children between 6 and 14 ... lol

Dark-Jaxx
I am sorry to hear that.

My parents have been divorced for years, since I was five, and yes, it does indeed suck.

But it is no reason to end your own life. You are still pretty young, you have many more years left, don't waste them lamenting on how much it sucks that your parents are divorced/fighting. I did that for years, and I was miserable.

XvampbenjiiX666
its not worth it in the end...i feel bad but i dont know what else to say. i had a crappy day too...

Selphie
Mine divorced when I was 12, after 21 years of marriage. Of course it hurts, but it happens. Your parents have a life too, and passion fades as you get older, you really can't help that. It took me more than a few years to even get along with my dad again, and I really regret that it took that long, because I love him very much.

I don't see why you pointed out that you are taking the same things as Heath Ledger, he's just another person that's committed suicide... But you shouldn't feel any of this is your fault, your parents have lives too, and unfortunately for the rest of us, they make decisions we don't exactly agree with.

Strangelove
Originally posted by FoxMeister
My parents divorced when i was 8

Messy one too same here.

My dad is an unmitigated jackass though, haven't talked to him in about 3 years

Mairuzu
Parents were never married.

Now-a-days they just bone once and a while

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Selphie
Mine divorced when I was 12, after 21 years of marriage. Of course it hurts, but it happens. Your parents have a life too, and passion fades as you get older, you really can't help that. It took me more than a few years to even get along with my dad again, and I really regret that it took that long, because I love him very much.

I don't see why you pointed out that you are taking the same things as Heath Ledger, he's just another person that's committed suicide... But you shouldn't feel any of this is your fault, your parents have lives too, and unfortunately for the rest of us, they make decisions we don't exactly agree with.

Ledger didn't commit suicide.

Mairuzu
I don't see why you pointed out that you are taking the same things as Heath Ledger, he's just another person that's committed suicide.. false

Selphie
OH MY GOD.

Nice fan base he has now, after his death. Jesus.

Mairuzu
...?

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Go talk to a counselor and try to refrain from posting stuff like this here, that's my only advice.
Counseling wouldn't help.
Originally posted by apoc001
Well, who can say, really? My parents divorced, although I was only a baby at the time, and it's had no impact on me (aside from me not knowing my dad and having an annoying step-dad), and I'm fine with it, because I know that it was their problem, and it couldn't have possibly had anything to do with me. Ah, I'm probably not helping much. Any specific reason for them realizing they want to split?
That's different though. I've lived a specific way with both parents for nearly 20 years and now it's all going to be different. It didn't just happen when I was a baby. Mom decided that she just isn't happy and wants something different in life. I don't know what it is and I don't think she does either.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sorry to hear this, Kels..

If you wanna talk more about it someplace else let me know..

You will be ok in time and stay away from ambien, make sure that is the first and only time you take it.. What you need is some time away from things to refresh your mind and your heart. I'm here if you choose to talk..
Thank you.
I've got a whole prescription of Ambien so I will take it until it runs out. Then I'll just have to go back to not sleeping. erm

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I am sorry to hear that.

My parents have been divorced for years, since I was five, and yes, it does indeed suck.

But it is no reason to end your own life. You are still pretty young, you have many more years left, don't waste them lamenting on how much it sucks that your parents are divorced/fighting. I did that for years, and I was miserable.
It's very hard though, very very.

Thanks.
I just hope it's not going to be that way with my Mom when she moves out because she's who I am closest to but I'm going to be living with my Dad when she does leave.

chillmeistergen
This is actually very, very similar to what I went through less than a year ago. My parents both ended up deciding to give it another go and they're doing well, but I know what you're going through - I also know that none of this "do this do that" shit will do **** all for you right now, there is no right way to cope with these sort of things; I coped with it with drug use, if you do the same, then be safe.

I know it's really hard and you probably can't get it off your mind, no matter what. I don't really have any advice, just stay yourself and try not to take it out on your parents (which is massively hard).

Anyway, I've been through what you're going through now and it's ****ing horrible. As much as we've argued in the past and that, don't hesitate to PM about it, better out than in and all that.

Rogue Jedi
My parents divorced when I was 9, lucky for me I was too young to understand what was going on.

Dark-Jaxx
Mine when I was like 6. I always blamed my father for it, never my mother though.

Rogue Jedi
My Mother couldnt conform to the rules my family imposed on her. My Dad always tells me I am her through and through.

Scythe

And please don't judge me because I don't think I'd ever really do it but since finding out about this all and what I'll lose forever, I've felt like I really shouldn't be living anymore. erm I'd be a lot better off. I'm sorry Kelly. I'm here if you wanna talk.

Ahsoka Tano

Sorry to hear that. Try to stay in a positive state of mind.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
My Mother couldnt conform to the rules my family imposed on her. My Dad always tells me I am her through and through.

Sorry to hear that.

Peach
Ugh, divorce sucks so bad. My parents split up when I was 8, so it's been 14 years.

14 years. And we're STILL having issues because my dad is a classic deadbeat jackass who won't do a ****ing thing he's supposed to do until he gets dragged into court. He's also an abusive compulsive lying alcoholic who does not ever think of anyone but himself, even though he's nearing 50.

Haven't spoken to my dad in over 5 years now, and while we've had a lot of problems since my mom and dad split up, I am SO glad they didn't try to stay together or anything. Things are a lot better without him in our lives. Walking out of his house at 3am on a Saturday when I was 17 was one of the best decisions I ever made.

But I know first-hand how much something like this can mess up a family, and while we tend to be at odds, I'm really sorry that you're dealing with this right now, Kelly.

dadudemon
1. Kelly, it happens. You're an adult now and you shouldn't let this type of shit affect you like this. Learn from your parents mistakes. My parent's should have been divorced well over 20 years ago. Their marriage is worse than most people's who get divorced. If your parents couldn't get along, you should welcome a divorce.

However, it can be hard to deal with a divorce when you love both your parents a lot and you just want a fantasy "everybody's" happy. I wanted and still want that for my parents...but it'd be better if they got divorced. What about our parents? Do you think it's better off if they get divorced? (Do NOT include yourself as part of the picture when you think about that, especially since you're an adult.)

2. Ledger practically committed suicide. Ambien and the benzodiazepines he was taking modulate the same cell site complex. Once they are full (because it takes a few days to free up those sites if you stop taking them), you don't feel the effect as well. Heath didn't die from the sleeping pills and benzodiazepines. He died because he was a drug addict and wanted to "feel" the drugs so he took some heavy shit. My guess is he either took a down-regulator like flumazenil to clear himself up so he could "feel" those drugs again and then took a similar amount of drugs BEFORE the he flushed out with flumazenil, or he simply popped a shit load of pills all at once. (How is that not suicide?) This shit you hear about "oh, the timing, and he was a little off on his cycle and it killed him." Is complete and utter bullshit. It takes DAYS to free up those receptors in order for him to screw up some sort of "timing". Again, how is not taking a shit load of pills all at once suicide?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ledger was an great actor and a nice dude. However, stop with this blind fanaticism, peeps.

Because I can
my dad gambled all our money away and was depressed. He hit her once. I'm just happy he didnt do it more than. I still count myself as lucky that he wasnt worse. It was a messy divorce. I was 12. I understood what was going on and didnt care only that my dad started stalkin my mum and we had to move house/ change phone number/ sell the car and change schools. My life story youpi

count yourself lucky that both parents still want you.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. Kelly, it happens. You're an adult now and you shouldn't let this type of shit affect you like this. Learn from your parents mistakes. My parent's should have been divorced well over 20 years ago. Their marriage is worse than most people's who get divorced. If your parents couldn't get along, you should welcome a divorce.

However, it can be hard to deal with a divorce when you love both your parents a lot and you just want a fantasy "everybody's" happy. I wanted and still want that for my parents...but it'd be better if they got divorced. What about our parents? Do you think it's better off if they get divorced? (Do NOT include yourself as part of the picture when you think about that, especially since you're an adult.)

2. Ledger practically committed suicide. Ambien and the benzodiazepines he was taking modulate the same cell site complex. Once they are full (because it takes a few days to free up those sites if you stop taking them), you don't feel the effect as well. Heath didn't die from the sleeping pills and benzodiazepines. He died because he was a drug addict and wanted to "feel" the drugs so he took some heavy shit. My guess is he either took a down-regulator like flumazenil to clear himself up so he could "feel" those drugs again and then took a similar amount of drugs BEFORE the he flushed out with flumazenil, or he simply popped a shit load of pills all at once. (How is that not suicide?) This shit you hear about "oh, the timing, and he was a little off on his cycle and it killed him." Is complete and utter bullshit. It takes DAYS to free up those receptors in order for him to screw up some sort of "timing". Again, how is not taking a shit load of pills all at once suicide?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ledger was an great actor and a nice dude. However, stop with this blind fanaticism, peeps.

Lol, you must not see daylight much.

Piggle Humsy
Well at least both your parents are alive and well.

my mum died.

I'd much prefer she was alive and my parents were separated if I had a choice.

You need to look at the bright side.

Outbound
he's just another person that's committed suicide...

He died because he was a drug addict and wanted to "feel" the drugs so he took some heavy shit.

You guys live in a cave or something? What the f**k?

However, stop with this blind fanaticism, peeps.

OH MY GOD.

Nice fan base he has now, after his death. Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_ledger#Autopsy_and_toxicological_analysis

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident"

From the official coroner report. You guys saying you know more than the coroner?

Peach
You are a damn idiot if you think that age has anything to do with the effect that someone's family breaking to pieces should have on them.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Peach
Ugh, divorce sucks so bad. My parents split up when I was 8, so it's been 14 years.

14 years. And we're STILL having issues because my dad is a classic deadbeat jackass who won't do a ****ing thing he's supposed to do until he gets dragged into court. He's also an abusive compulsive lying alcoholic who does not ever think of anyone but himself, even though he's nearing 50. ...Yeah, mine too, only I live with him. no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Ledger didn't commit suicide. Is that a fact?

Bardock42
You are a damn idiot if you think that age has anything to do with the effect that someone's family breaking to pieces should have on them. He is a damn idiot, but I'd assume that the age does have some effect on how you take it.

DeathKap
My parents divorced when i was a toddler so i dont know how it feels to go through this. I hate my dad, an dislike my mom. Im sorry.. I have no advice, but hope u feel better.

TRH
I'm very sorry to hear that, its more tough the older you get, it must be a shock

Originally posted by Mairuzu
"YAY! TWO CHRISTMASES!"
Unless one of them is an ass and dosent buy you anything.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Outbound
You guys live in a cave or something? What the f**k?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_ledger#Autopsy_and_toxicological_analysis

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident"

From the official coroner report. You guys saying you know more than the coroner?

Wow, look, someone can quote a wiki article. Dude, right after the autopsy, they were saying it was "inconclusive" and now we have "accident". So, Heath accidentally swallowed a shit load of pills after being on them for months?

I'm not saying the Heath wanted to end his life, I'm saying that he took a calculated risk of death and ended up dying. For all intents and purposes, if he did that willingly, how is it not suicide? When he was swallowing a wad of pills, you don't think that he though, "Gee, this shit is gonna kill me." If he did, then that's suicide. Why do people usually wig out on drugs? Escape? Why do people commit suicide? Heath just got to the point a little more abruptly. Maybe he didn't want to die so soon, or maybe he fully intended to kill himself. "Accident" my ass.

You are a damn idiot if you think that age has anything to do with the effect that someone's family breaking to pieces should have on them.

You are a damn idiot of you think that age has nothing to do with the affect that someone's family breaking to pieces should have on them.

Peach
I'm not the one who is so callous as to tell someone that their reaction to what is a big deal is inappropriate for their age.

Rogue Jedi
You are a damn idiot if you think that age has anything to do with the effect that someone's family breaking to pieces should have on them. Not really. If someone is where I was, too young to really grasp what is going on, or a mature adult, capable of dealing with it easier, it can have a far more severe effect on them.

For example, if someone is in their early teens, old enough to realize whats going on, but also not mature enough to deal with it like an adult, it could be harder on them.

It really all depends on the person though.

dadudemon
I'm not the one who is so callous as to tell someone that their reaction to what is a big deal is inappropriate for their age.

I know you are but what am I? laughing

There's I reason I worded it like this:

You're an adult now and you shouldn't let this type of shit affect you like this.

OBVIOUSLY it will adversely affect her. That's only natural. She SHOULD be affected by it. But do you really think she should be talking about "Heath"esque drugging like it will solve her problems? That's what I was referring to when I said "affect you like this".

Drowning your problems with drugs is usually not a good thing, unless you know something I don't. They are there to be used for situations like hers...but I just hope she doesn't get stuck in the depressants storm.

Maybe you mistook a frightened friends words for callous?

Meh...

This divorce probably wouldn't have affected her as much if she hadn't been living with them for like 5 years. I've been out my toxic parents nest for 5+ years now and it's been great. Maybe Kelly will look back and think the same.

NonSensi-Klown

erm... he's actually kind of right, to an extent.

Kelly_Bean
I know you are but what am I? laughing

There's I reason I worded it like this:

OBVIOUSLY it will adversely affect her. That's only natural. She SHOULD be affected by it. But do you really think she should be talking about "Heath"esque drugging like it will solve her problems? That's what I was referring to when I said "affect you like this".

Drowning your problems with drugs is usually not a good thing, unless you know something I don't. They are there to be used for situations like hers...but I just hope she doesn't get stuck in the depressants storm.

Maybe you mistook a frightened friends words for callous?

Meh...

This divorce probably wouldn't have affected her as much if she hadn't been living with them for like 5 years. I've been out my toxic parents nest for 5+ years now and it's been great. Maybe Kelly will look back and think the same.
Drowning my problem with drugs is in no way, shape, or form what I am doing. Ambien is a sleep aid that I have not and will not mix with anything else. I work a 3rd shift job and with all of the issues that have been happening here at my house lately it isn't bad or stupid that I take one pill that helps me fall asleep in 20-40 minutes tops, otherwise I'd be going into work with MAYBE an hour's sleep and falling asleep on the job. Some people can actually be smart about taking so called "drugs." If Ledger was a druggie, so be it, I am not.

And anyway, I'm on a new anti-depressant so I'm okay. awesome

And I've read everyone elses responses, so don't think I'm ignoring any of you, dude's response just stuck out most.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.