Hercules (Marvel) vs Achilles (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Achilles is invulnerable to everything exept gamma radiation it seems, while Hercules has been put through the wringer by a creature spawned of gamma radiation.

Who would win this battle?

Hercules vs Achilles

To the Death.

Bouboumaster
Hercules!

guy222
herc

CaptainStoic
Are you guys certain that Herc would win? How would he win against an invulnerable opponenet and better fighter, who is also superhumanly strong.

I think Achilles will cut him down piece by piece.

comicfan11
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Are you guys certain that Herc would win? How would he win against an invulnerable opponenet and better fighter, who is also superhumanly strong.

I have to agree but is Achilles strong enough to actually hurt Herc?
If he can grab a weapon or something then I give it to Achilles but Herc can always do a BFR.

Bouboumaster
Hercules isn't a slouch either in skillz department.

He's probably faster, cetainly stronger and tougher, and he's a formidable opponent. And how is Achille's invulnerability? On par with Juggernaut?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Hercules isn't a slouch either in skillz department.

He's probably faster, cetainly stronger and tougher, and he's a formidable opponent. And how is Achille's invulnerability? On par with Juggernaut?

Achilles is just as invulnerable as Cain except to gamma radiation.

CaptainStoic
there really isn't any way that Hercules could kill Achilles or hurt him for that matter, but Achilles can hurt Herc.

olympian

"Achilles" as in the one that used to hang out with the professor? Not strong enough. Not skilled enough.

He certainly was no Juggernaut. And Juggernaut, classic or not, is not someone who is absolute in his durability either.

CaptainStoic
Achilles has never lost a fight, outside of his loss to the Hulk, and at the beggining of the battle he was pretty sure of himself, his allegy to gamma radiation is what cost him the fight. Achilles was able to block the Hulk first high impact blow with ease in their first meeting.

Achilles took a full punch to the face fron a blood lusted, and jealous Ajax who is high class 100 without batting an eye, and was able to stop him, until Bruce showed up.

Ajax is easilly as strong as Hercules, he's faster, but that's besides the point. Hercules would not be able to hurt Achilles, or kill him.

Actually Achilles was arguably more durable than the Juggernaut if he was not exposed to gamma radiation.... there was nothing that could hurt him, and that's how he was written.

olympian
Achilles took a full punch to the face fron a blood lusted, and jealous Ajax who is high class 100 without batting an eye, and was able to stop him, until Bruce showed up.

Ajak is "cl 100 without batting an eye"?

You overistimate him. Under Pad, both Norvell and Hercules had more of an equal match against the Professor, than Ajak did.

Ajax is easilly as strong as Hercules, he's faster, but that's besides the point. Hercules would not be able to hurt Achilles, or kill him.

Faster too? What makes you think that?

Hercules doesnt need to kill "Achilles" to win. He can just simply restrain him.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by olympian
Ajak is "cl 100 without batting an eye"?

You overistimate him. Under Pad, both Norvell and Hercules had more of an equal match against the Professor, than Ajak did.

Faster too? What makes you think that?

Hercules doesnt need to kill "Achilles" to win. He can just simply restrain him.

Professor Hulk was stated as starting out at two times the strength of Savage Hulk.

I Meant that Achilles took a punch from Ajax, and Ajax was not holding back.... this in turn did not hurt Achilles even a little bit.

Both Red Norvell and Hercules are also smarter than Ajax, and are better fighters.

No I said that Hercules is faster than Ajax, but that is not the point, the point was that anything that Hercules would dish out Achilles would be able to take.

Originally posted by comicfan11
I have to agree but is Achilles strong enough to actually hurt Herc?
If he can grab a weapon or something then I give it to Achilles but Herc can always do a BFR.

I can get behind this statement, and Achilles is more than strong enough to injure Hercules, and because Achilles does not tire, eventually Hercules would be defeated, unless of course Hercules picks him up and throws him into another state.

Achilles like I said earlier was able to take a shot from Ajax, or Ajak... without flinching, and that guy is a powerhouse.

olympian
Both Red Norvell and Hercules are also smarter than Ajax, and are better fighters.

Ajak wasent simply outsmarted however, he was cleary overpowered by Hulk. In a manner that the Professor didnt do against Norvell or Hercules. He stopped the guy`s momentun and simply pushed him back to the bar.

The Professor, later end up letting "us" know, that he also played possum in the end of the same battle, to find out the identity of those guys.

No I said that Hercules is faster than Ajax, but that is not the point, the point was that anything that Hercules would dish out Achilles would be able to take.

Ah ok. The thing is, and this is a major key, the reason Juggernaut is such a big deal, is because hes got the strength chops to go along with his durability. This "Achilles" doesnt.

Even if he cant be hurt by mere punches, there are a number of ways to go around it. He can be stuck somewhere, outskilled, outperformed, restrained and removed from the battlefield. On the other way around, "Achilles" wont have means to defeat Hercules, when his big deal is that he just cant be hurt.

He wont outskilled him. He wont outmuscle him. He wont move faster than he does. All he can do, is literally "not get hurt".

I can get behind this statement, and Achilles is more than strong enough to injure Hercules, and because Achilles does not tire, eventually Hercules would be defeated, unless of course Hercules picks him up and throws him into another state.

Im just going to disagree. Nothing of what i have read of the guy, under Pad makes me belive that apart from his durability, he is that impressive.

beast1234
how skilled is achilles in the marvel unverise

BUSTER1
Achilles was completely invulnerable apart from when he was near gamma radiation (that Hulk was a low level source of) Although he was super strong (in his 1st fight against Hulk his punch resulted in Hulk saying "ow, not bad.That punch could dent titanium"wink he is nowhere near Herc in strength. If bfr in option to win Herc takes it easy. If its ko then the fight will be a stalemate, with neither combatant able to ko the other

srankmissingnin
Wasn't Achilles face messed up pretty badly in that Ares mini from a few years back? I doubt the Japanese pantheon was using gamma radiation - so it would seem his level of invulnerability was scaled back.

guy222
http://www.picstation.net/files3/fz88x091g130tm8ci8nx_thumb.jpg http://www.picstation.net/files3/tqkxk5ljb0h6zyjd1o9r_thumb.jpg http://www.picstation.net/files3/bk8k2j4232pv4lz1plrh_thumb.jpg

olympian
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wasn't Achilles face messed up pretty badly in that Ares mini from a few years back? I doubt the Japanese pantheon was using gamma radiation - so it would seem his level of invulnerability was scaled back.

Its not the same Achilles. The one you are talking about its the original, mythical greek hero. This one belonged to a superhuman group, that used to hang around with the Professor Hulk, back in the Pad days of his original run. That group took on the names of the mythical heroes, but they are modern folk.

That feat is marvelous (pun intended).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.