New Bane novel announced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lightsnake
Drew Karpyshyn, whose fans are under the misconception he can write a novel, has revealed a third Bane novel:

http://blogs.starwars.com/DrewK/18

Place your bets people. I predict in this issue, Bane gets eaten by a sarlaac and teleports out, defeats the entire Jedi Order at once and only spares their lives and wipes their minds because he CAN! Oh, and he's gotta save something for the poor Sith of the future.

DarkSerpent
5lololhysterical2

According to this guysuperpokeplzis what Bane could do.

Schwarzenegger
GDI, bane bane bane novels, can't we have a novel about andeddu , nadd, nihilus or sidious master?

THAT would be far more interesting. I want them to turn nihilus into a lovable character.

NonSensi-Klown
I say in this novel Bane finds a way to travel through time and whoops Sideous and Vader's asses simultaneously, but spares their lives because he sees them as the future of the Sith.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I say in this novel Bane finds a way to travel through time and whoops Sideous and Vader's asses simultaneously, but spares their lives because he sees them as the future of the Sith. No, he goes back in time to sex with Revan's mom...

No wait, he appears before Zannah butt naked and doesn't even want to touch after she strips because she looks so freakish. Then Zannah obliterates him and jumps through time to get some from Maul, and that is why his teeth look so filthy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I say in this novel Bane finds a way to travel through time and whoops Sideous and Vader's asses simultaneously, but spares their lives because he sees them as the future of the Sith.

Hahaha, I'd so love that. Maybe we'll even get to see some kickass displays which surpass Sidious in an area or two, so people will stop using the logic "Sidious the most powerful Sith Lord ever. Therefore Sidious can do every single Dark Side ability better than anyone."

*crosses fingers*

DarkSerpent
No.

Lightsnake
More than likely, I predict there'll be scenes of Bane:

1. Doing amazing displays of the Force just because he CAN
2. Lying in bed with about five breathless, satisfied women...proving he's not just one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos, he's the best LOVER, too!
3. Showing Bane kicking back with a large pile of books by him. He's not just strong and virile...he's SMART!
4. Showing Bane attending a party on Coruscant as a one-man conga line. He may be the Dark Lord of the Sith, but he knows how to PARTY! He's best at that, too.
5. Bane will SHOOT FIRST.
6. Bane will travel through time, train Darth Sidious to destroy the Jedi and become the most powerful...then, as Palpatine, mystified by this stranger who has appeared to impart wisdom to him turns to leave, Bane calls out: "Hey kid....catch!" And throws him his black hooded robe. This accomplished, Bane will nod sagely and reply. "By the way....watch out for Ewoks." before vanishing into the night.
Never say Darth Bane ain't generous
7. This accomplished, Bane will travel through time to speak to Revan and get this whole Rule of Two thing down...thus giving Revan the idea and being the progenitor of the entire line!
8. This done, Bane travels back even further to talk to the Jedi Exiles and lets it slip how restrictive the Jedi code is. War follows the next week
9. Upon returning home, Bane realizes nothing remains to him and he decides to let Zannah kill him out of kindness...he knows she'll never surpass his total awesome pwnsomeness and thinks she needs a chance in the matter.
10. Now that he's dead, Bane returns to Chaos, whereupon he reunites with Githany in a tearful scene where Githany has seen the light-or dark- in what a fool she was and the novel ends with them kissing passionately, together forever.
The Brotherhood of darkness all spend the epilogue talking about how AWESOME Bane is and how they should have listened.
Kas'im and Bane embrace and Kas'im tells him he's proud of him.

Enyalus
Yes. And that time-traveling ability alone would prove that Bane is more powerful than Sidious. wink

DarkSerpent
Bane is starting to sound like Chuck Norris.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Lightsnake

6. Bane will travel through time, train Darth Sidious to destroy the Jedi and become the most powerful...then, as Palpatine, mystified by this stranger who has appeared to impart wisdom to him turns to leave, Bane calls out: "Hey kid....catch!" And throws him his black hooded robe. This accomplished, Bane will nod sagely and reply. "By the way....watch out for Ewoks." before vanishing into the night.

LOL I wont lie this was hilarious.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yes. And that time-traveling ability alone would prove that Bane is more powerful than Sidious. wink

It's called 'flow walking.'

A few people can already do it. That includes Caedus

Captain REX
I forget, can they interact with what they 'flow walk' to?

In any case, as far as I'm concerned, if I can read it and enjoy it like I did the last two books, I'm satisfied. Though perhaps the story should have stopped at the end of the second book...

Let's let Karp prove me wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't find a book about Andeddu or Nihilus or some of the others interesting... plus, I'm thinking anything about Traya or Nihilus or Sion will be coming out of the KOTOR comics. That seems to be the route being taken with anything related to the games and their background.

Schwarzenegger
Or if DK somehow made bane the ancestor of sidious.

sweersa
I love both of the Bane books! This is the kind of EU I don't make fun of. I had a feeling they would make a new one. Let it come!

Darth Exodus
I don't see what you guys are getting so annoyed about. If you start something you have to finish it. Plus it'll be good for Zannah to become uber and thus become pretty much the only uber female (Traya doesn't count) in the mythos and stop the horribly sexist showings (Leia should have been better!)

P.S. Any Idea on the name yet?

Lightsnake
It was 'finished' with the last book...anything else will be a retread or anticlimactic. Exposure of the Sith to the Jedi? Done. Fight with the most powerful people in the galaxy? Done.

Sometimes you need subtlety. The Bane books have none of that.

Oh and remember the Haazen/Sion theory? Read the new issue and see the scene where Haazen is bald.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Captain REX
I forget, can they interact with what they 'flow walk' to?

In any case, as far as I'm concerned, if I can read it and enjoy it like I did the last two books, I'm satisfied. Though perhaps the story should have stopped at the end of the second book...

Let's let Karp prove me wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't find a book about Andeddu or Nihilus or some of the others interesting... plus, I'm thinking anything about Traya or Nihilus or Sion will be coming out of the KOTOR comics. That seems to be the route being taken with anything related to the games and their background.

I'm pretty sure that you can interact...usually, you're smart enough not to.

Darth Sexy

1. Doing amazing displays of the Force just because he CAN
2. Lying in bed with about five breathless, satisfied women...proving he's not just one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos, he's the best LOVER, too!
3. Showing Bane kicking back with a large pile of books by him. He's not just strong and virile...he's SMART!
4. Showing Bane attending a party on Coruscant as a one-man conga line. He may be the Dark Lord of the Sith, but he knows how to PARTY! He's best at that, too.
5. Bane will SHOOT FIRST.
7. This accomplished, Bane will travel through time to speak to Revan and get this whole Rule of Two thing down...thus giving Revan the idea and being the progenitor of the entire line!
8. This done, Bane travels back even further to talk to the Jedi Exiles and lets it slip how restrictive the Jedi code is. War follows the next week
9. Upon returning home, Bane realizes nothing remains to him and he decides to let Zannah kill him out of kindness...he knows she'll never surpass his total awesome pwnsomeness and thinks she needs a chance in the matter.
10. Now that he's dead, Bane returns to Chaos, whereupon he reunites with Githany in a tearful scene where Githany has seen the light-or dark- in what a fool she was and the novel ends with them kissing passionately, together forever.
The Brotherhood of darkness all spend the epilogue talking about how AWESOME Bane is and how they should have listened.
Kas'im and Bane embrace and Kas'im tells him he's proud of him.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read on this forum. Good going LS. Also, has the new issue about Haazen/Sion been uploaded yet?

Enyalus
Oh and remember the Haazen/Sion theory? Read the new issue and see the scene where Haazen is bald.

Sweetness. Time to drop by Waldenbooks on my way home.

Elite Hunter
Lol at Lightsnake's post. I look forward to reading (not really) Zannah becoming uberly powerful.

BruceSkywalker
Sounds interesting.. I'll buy a copy

truejedi
I'm pretty sure that you can interact...usually, you're smart enough not to.

no. they can't change a thing. it all snaps back to how it was before they flow-walked. Tahira was furious at Caedus because he kept that information from her and let her believe she could change the past and make it better for anakin, remember? she wanted to kiss him, and she did, but then it changed back to as if she didn't.

Lightsnake
Ok, so you CAN interact, but then the timestream just wipes it out.

It might explain Anakin's being curiously not being weirded out by his best friend ten years older showing up to suck his face off

Bardock42
He was awesome in Jedi vs. Sith. Not even crazily overpowered I feel...just awesome.

Haven't read the novels though.

Elite Hunter
Ok, so you CAN interact, but then the timestream just wipes it out.

It might explain Anakin's being curiously not being weirded out by his best friend ten years older showing up to suck his face off

I thought that it sort of leaves a ripple in the past(he explains it like a river to Tahiri). I remember that Jacen said he didn't wan to be seen by someone because that person would remember him being somewhere(maybe a battle) where he was not during the vong war. And if I recall correctly he was worried about one of the clone troopers seeing him(or one did see him but he left the past before they shot idk for sure i'd have to go back and check) during his flow walk back to the jedi temple raid.

Null ARC Avis
I dont see what you dont like about the bane series. I love them! great books, both.

truejedi
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I thought that it sort of leaves a ripple in the past(he explains it like a river to Tahiri). I remember that Jacen said he didn't wan to be seen by someone because that person would remember him being somewhere(maybe a battle) where he was not during the vong war. And if I recall correctly he was worried about one of the clone troopers seeing him(or one did see him but he left the past before they shot idk for sure i'd have to go back and check) during his flow walk back to the jedi temple raid.

i thought that he was lying to her though. (or was he lying to her the time he told her she COULDN'T change anything to keep her from still wanting to flowwalk back to see Anakin more)

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
i thought that he was lying to her though. (or was he lying to her the time he told her she COULDN'T change anything to keep her from still wanting to flowwalk back to see Anakin more)

From what I understand(which i might be totally wrong about) they can't change anything but they can be seen. IDK for sure I'd have to go back and read, it is a little confusing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.