Prime vs. his Achilles' heel(s)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Okay, we all know that Superman-Prime fears 2 things above all others. 1.) he fears speedsters, and 2.) he's shown a deep achluophobia .

That being said, how would the following team do against SC Superman-Prime?

The team consists of:

The Darkness
Shade
Flash (Wally)
Zoom

The team has the intimidation factor, that's for sure - but how would they really do?

Scoobless
Optimus or the guy from Malibu comics?

no expression

Galan007
edited for Scoobless.

Scoobless
shifty

Optimus FTW!!!

stick out tongue

Galan007
bat

Dark-Jaxx
Meh, IMO SMP, he has shown to despite have some fear of them, to be able to handle them in a fight.

Galan007
I didn't know of this before hand:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1305214_losh.jpg

But now that I do, I'd say the team has a huge advantage.

Batman-Prime
IHMO he still would stomp this team.

One of the worst mistakes DC made was to change Superboy into this dumb, insane monster..

PC Superboy was cool when he was good, IC should never happend. Kal-L and Lois should still be alive... f**k you DC!

sry *cough

big grin

quanchi112
Prime prevails though it wouldn't be easy imo.

jalek moye
prime wins but wally and zoom will give him hell. dont know about shade, but he will beat the shit out of darkness

Mindset
Physically damage can take Estacado down?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindset
Physically damage can take Estacado down?
yea hes not immune to physical damage

Mindset
Wasn't he blown apart by a bomb while severely weakened and still survived?

jalek moye
Wasn't he blown apart by a bomb while severely weakened and still survived?

if i remember the comic you're talking about then yes. But he has been put down before and has been hurt by physical attacks. Plus prime is more dangerous then any bomb

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay, we all know that Superman-Prime fears 2 things above all others. 1.) he fears speedsters, and 2.) he's shown a deep achluophobia .

That being said, how would the following team do against SC Superman-Prime?

The team consists of:

The Darkness
Shade
Flash (Wally)
Zoom

The team has the intimidation factor, that's for sure - but how would they really do? the void/sentry whoops his ass. shifty

guy222
team

Galan007
Originally posted by jalek moye
dont know about shade, but he will beat the shit out of darkness Shade is the most powerful darklands user there is in DC. Because of the fact that darkness apparently saps solar energy from Prime, Shade could simply BFR him to the dark dimension.

jalek moye
Shade is the most powerful darklands user there is in DC. Because of the fact that darkness apparently saps solar energy from Prime, he and Jackie would be hiuge factors in this battle.
well the problem with jackie is that prime will manhandle him if he gets even a brief opening

Mindset
Does this fight take place at night?

Galan007
well the problem with jackie is that prime will manhandle him if he gets even a brief opening Shade could simply BFR him to the dark dimension.

Galan007
Does this fight take place at night? It takes place during the day, but that doesn't matter much. Shade can generate his own darkness.

jalek moye
Shade could simply BFR him to the dark dimension.
then why didn't you just put shade against him without the others

Mindset
Well Shade will be powering up Jackie then.

Galan007
then why didn't you just put shade against him without the others If I'd known at the time I made this thread, that darkness actually removes powers from Prime - I wouldn't have put two extremely powerful darkforce users on the team, coupled with two uber speedsters.

Batman-Prime
Wasn't Crybaby-Prime imprisoned in the Speed Force on a world bathed in red sunlight? For some years? He escaped, though he shouldn't be able to...

TricksterPriest
Galan: Yep. Good ol' BFR. That awesome way to win a fight, that Prime gets out of.......by punching straight through. spliff

ThunderGodEneru

But now that I do, I'd say the team has a huge advantage. ...Wut.

That doesn't make any logical sense. no expression

Zack Fair

But now that I do, I'd say the team has a huge advantage.

WTF is that supposed to make sense?

Enyalus

I was going to mention this if you hadn't. That gives the team the win, IMO.

Zack Fair
But that is so fricking stupid.

If Darkness strips Prime of his solar energy(WTF...again)....how come he wasn't depowered/killed while he was rearranging the universe and all the other times he has been outer space?

xJLxKing
Legion of the 3 worlds(#3) was full of plot devices. First Prime can make a hole through Superman and the next second he is weak to darkness

Enyalus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
If Darkness strips Prime of his solar energy(WTF...again)....how come he wasn't depowered/killed every time he flew in outer space?

...Because he's flying past stars with no atmosphere to dampen the solar radiation he'd receive?

tjcoady
Shade could simply BFR him to the dark dimension.

Is Prime wearing his armor?

In my opinion, Clark could probably break his way out of the Dark Dimension; it's been done before by people much less powerful than him- Jim Rook, for instance.

If the time played it smart, and kept him off balance, say, fought him for a while, and then pulled something like shunting him into the Dark and then straight into the Speed Force if he does manage to succeed in getting back, yeah, they could beat him. Between Zoom and Wally, they should be able to distract him and frighten him long enough for Jackie and the Shade to take out big chunks of his powers.

Plus, two of the characters on this team are literally unkillable if this fight takes place at night time.

tjcoady
It takes place during the day, but that doesn't matter much. Shade can generate his own darkness.

He can, but his powers are generally weaker in bright lights. Starman has outright blasted them away, when Culp had the Shade's powers in addition to his own.

I'm Bran
Prime had his solar suit ripped off, hit with red sun energy (red flame as they called it), and was entrapped by Fagion and had the darkness sapping his energy, and still tore through the construct and out of the darkness.
Don't know how much bearing that's going to have...

Not too sure how the darkness would sap the cells from him though... make him use it up, yes, but meh.
Although it was kind of alluded to before when Bart trapped him, iirc.

Enyalus
Meh. Wally steals his speed. Darkness and Shade have their fun. And when Prime busts out, which is inevitable, he gets a few million punches to the dome from Zoom as a 'hello'.

Mindset
What happens when Flash drops a multiverse on his dome?

I'm Bran
What happens when Flash drops a multiverse on his dome? That's only Flash...

Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh. Wally steals his speed. Darkness and Shade have their fun. And when Prime busts out, which is inevitable, he gets a few million punches to the dome from Zoom as a 'hello'. Wally steals his speed... would that even work? I mean, Prime was able to fight in the speedforce at a level Wally had trouble with.
And then tells Zoom that he couldn't even KO or hurt Powergirl with a few million punches.

smile

Galan007
I was going to mention this if you hadn't. That gives the team the win, IMO. I agree. However, I still do agree with the people saying that instance doesn't really make sense. However, it's written there plain as day. *shrugs*

Enyalus
I agree. However, I still do agree with the people saying that instance doesn't really make sense. However, it's written there plain as day. *shrugs*

Well, I think it just proves the whole "Superman metabolizes his solar energy ultra-fast so there's nothing for anyone to suck out of him" argument is now non-existent. We have Prime and the Legion example, and prior to that Morrison having Superman expell the solar energy he had already taken in to power the miracle machine...

jalek moye
Well, I think it just proves the whole "Superman metabolizes his solar energy ultra-fast so there's nothing for anyone to suck out of him" argument is now non-existent. We have Prime and the Legion example, and prior to that Morrison having Superman expell the solar energy he had already taken in to power the miracle machine...

but darkness never has done that to normal supes has it?

Mindset
They absorb and retain their power differently.

Galan007
Well, I think it just proves the whole "Superman metabolizes his solar energy ultra-fast so there's nothing for anyone to suck out of him" argument is now non-existent. We have Prime and the Legion example, and prior to that Morrison having Superman expell the solar energy he had already taken in to power the miracle machine... Well, I can see how darkness would obviously hinder the rate at which Prime can absorb solar radiation - but how it "saps" power from his cells, is beyond me.

But like I said, it's right there in black&white.

Enyalus
Well, I can see how darkness would obviously hinder the rate at which Prime can absorb solar radiation - but how it "saps" power from his cells, is beyond me.

But like I said, it's right there in black&white.

If you're saying, "It's weird and I'd have never thought it would have that kind of affect," then I agree. thumb up

Galan007
thumb up thumb up

Doctor-Alvis
I don't think Shade can be killed and I don't think Prime is smart enough to go for a knockout.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
But that is so fricking stupid.

If Darkness strips Prime of his solar energy(WTF...again)....how come he wasn't depowered/killed while he was rearranging the universe and all the other times he has been outer space?
Because outer space is saturated in light/radiation?

Slaanesh
laughing he'll be scared..but he'll still stomp through this team..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.