Sentry vs Silver Surfer in Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Energy blasts are allowed, but matter or energy manipulation is not allowed.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/459/79909-71243-sentry_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/82645-147339-silver-surfer_super.jpg

Dark-Jaxx
I am pretty sure this thread was already made.

tkitna
Sentry again

LoboClone01
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry loses again

Bouboumaster
Surfer. btw, awesome pic of Sentry

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer. btw, awesome pic of Sentry

I was just about to say. Bearded Sentry kicks ass.

iceman24567
Surfer wins.

Endrict Nuul
Surfer 9/10

joshypooh
norrin for the mad L

Slaanesh
surfer

Starscream M
Is Sentry a better brawler than Surfer?

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Xplosive
Silver Surfer

Avlon
I haven't seen anything from either side h2h wise that would imply that they could hurt one another in a slugfest.

Stalemate.

CaptainStoic
Sentry wins.

id369
Sentry

The Great Galen
Sentry has striking power....SS cant seem to do anything up close.

CaptainStoic
Even if this weren't solely a slugfest Sentry would kick the Surfers can. What's to stop Sentry from ripping Norrin off of his board like the Runner did and kicking his butt?

Dark-Jaxx
Well, Sentry for one isn't as fast as Runner. no expression

Just sayin.

iceman24567
No Surfer would dominate Sentry in a one on one fullout no doubt. Sentry could do little to him now he's upgraded plus Runner >> Sentry in speed no expression.

CaptainStoic
It won't really matter how much faster the Runner is, because after the Sentry gives him a few heavy bombs to the noggin, it's lights out. Norrins just a super powered wuss, he can't really fight, while Sentry duked it out with a cybernetic organism with computer fast reflexes, and the ability to adapt to almost any given physical threat, and went blow for blow with King Hulk. The Surfer nearly got eaten by Ravenous' mutts, and if not for the power cosmic they would have chewed him up like they were doing to the Gabriel construct.

Dark-Jaxx
You forget.

Silver Surfer while weakened and unable to use Power Cosmic was beating all of Warbound until he let Hulk wail on him to destroy the Obediance Disk.

Just sayin.

iceman24567
Surfer can take way more than Sentry can not only that but current Surfer isn't playing games anymore right? Sentry would be lucky to get 2/10 in a all out fight against upgraded Surfer.

Allankles
Sentry. More physical than Norrin.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
You forget.

Silver Surfer while weakened and unable to use Power Cosmic was beating all of Warbound until he let Hulk wail on him to destroy the Obediance Disk.

Just sayin.

You forget that the Hulk was also weakened at that time as even Korg could beat him up at that time.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Surfer can take way more than Sentry can not only that but current Surfer isn't playing games anymore right? Sentry would be lucky to get 2/10 in a all out fight against upgraded Surfer.

Thor wasn't playing anymore either but that didn't save him from getting handled by Big Red did it.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
You forget that the Hulk was also weakened at that time as even Korg could beat him up at that time. Korg could beat him up? Funny, I vaguely recall Hulk having the better feats at the time and grabbing Korg and literally using him as a weapon.

And Surfer was also just as weakened as Hulk, moreso in fact.

Dark-Jaxx
Thor wasn't playing anymore either but that didn't save him from getting handled by Big Red did it. An irrelevant point.

And Red Hulk has shown to have feats beyond any Hulk, and above Sentry.

DeathKap
Surfur for the win.

CaptainStoic
An irrelevant point.

And Red Hulk has shown to have feats beyond any Hulk, and above Sentry.

Arguable, King Hulk still has better feats than Red, so until Red shakes the eastern seaboard and threatens to sink it with footfalls King Hulk is still Hulk Prime.

Korg grabbed Banner and made him submit, just because you grab someone that weighs far less than what you can lift means nothing. Banner at the time that he fought the Surfer was still in a weakened state, not that that is relevent either. The Sentry would push him around like an elementary school bully.

iceman24567
Essentially sink a seaboard what kind of battle feat is that? Strength feat sure but alot of characters can kill planets Red Hulks bull makes him more impressive sad to say.

Dark-Jaxx
Arguable, King Hulk still has better feats than Red, so until Red shakes the eastern seaboard and threatens to sink it with footfalls King Hulk is still Hulk Prime.

Korg grabbed Banner and made him submit, just because you grab someone that weighs far less than what you can lift means nothing. Banner at the time that he fought the Surfer was still in a weakened state, not that that is relevent either. The Sentry would push him around like an elementary school bully. Red beat Thor with the OdinForce and wielded Mjolnir, using lightning, and friggin flew with it. And Worldbreaker Hulk is not King Hulk at standard levels. And Sentry never fought that Hulk.

Korg punched Banner in the face while Banner was relatively calm and knocked him down. That is it.

Yet you haven't really provided any real evidence.

Granted, I am not saying Sufer wins, I really don't care, I am just saying man.

Capz-C
Sentry wins

quanchi112
An irrelevant point.

And Red Hulk has shown to have feats beyond any Hulk, and above Sentry. Red Hulk hasnt shown to be greater than WW Hulk imo.

Dark-Jaxx
Oh, so when it is Red Hulk vs. Superman, we can use his feats of KOing a Watcher as proof, which IS>>>Anything WWH has done, but when against a character you like, we can't? dur

quanchi112
Oh, so when it is Red Hulk vs. Superman, we can use his feats of KOing a Watcher as proof, which IS>>>Anything WWH has done, but when against a character you like, we can't? dur Who are you talking to?

Dark-Jaxx
You.

quanchi112
You. Koing the Watcher is cool but the watcher was taken off guard and didnt fight back at all. I think WW Hulk could have beaten him down in the same manner imo under the same circumstances.

Beating Thor's ass is very impressive but I think WW Hulk would have beaten him as well if he went up against him imo.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by quanchi112
Koing the Watcher is cool but the watcher was taken off guard and didnt fight back at all. I think WW Hulk could have beaten him down in the same manner imo under the same circumstances.

Beating Thor's ass is very impressive but I think WW Hulk would have beaten him as well if he went up against him imo. 1. Yet it is a legitimate feat when Red Hulk fights Superman right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Based on?

quanchi112
1. Yet it is a legitimate feat when Red Hulk fights Superman right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Based on? 1.Rulk doesnt need the watcher feat. his owning of thor makes me know he woul dalso own Superman without a shadow of a doubt imo.

2.Based on WW Hulk and his feats during that arc.

Dark-Jaxx
1.Rulk doesnt need the watcher feat. his owning of thor makes me know he woul dalso own Superman without a shadow of a doubt imo.

2.Based on WW Hulk and his feats during that arc. 1. A>B>C logic ftl.

2. Like what feats specifically make you think he can take Thor with the Odinforce?

quanchi112
1. A>B>C logic ftl.

2. Like what feats specifically make you think he can take Thor with the Odinforce? 1.I stated my opinion. Deal with it.

2.I dont think Thor is anywhere near odin or King Thor level based on what he has accomplished in his series. he is just a top tier imo. WW Hulk will physically maul him imo.

Dark-Jaxx
1.I stated my opinion. Deal with it.

2.I dont think Thor is anywhere near odin or King Thor level based on what he has accomplished in his series. he is just a top tier imo. WW Hulk will physically maul him imo. 1. And your opinion sucks and is illogical. smile

2. Who did WWH maul that was Thor's level? smile

CaptainStoic
Quasar beat a Watcher too though.

Sentry ftw

iceman24567
1. And your opinion sucks and is illogical. smile

2. Who did WWH maul that was Thor's level? smile You will be "debating" with Quan for ages and not get any rational posts out of him and you know this why not ignore him?

skygunner41
Oh and i thought that were odinforce thor ...if that were the case that version of thor clearly overated too much. big grin smile beer

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by skygunner41
Oh and i thought that were odinforce thor ...if that were the case that version of thor clearly overated too much. big grin smile beer

Well it's because he beat the Destroyer, but no one knew how powerful the construct was at the time, and he used Ironman as a baseball.

joesha28
Red beat Thor with the OdinForce and wielded Mjolnir, using lightning, and friggin flew with it. And Worldbreaker Hulk is not King Hulk at standard levels. And Sentry never fought that Hulk.

Korg punched Banner in the face while Banner was relatively calm and knocked him down. That is it.

Yet you haven't really provided any real evidence.

Granted, I am not saying Sufer wins, I really don't care, I am just saying man.

Anyway it seems Red Hulk has magic powers!

Mindship
Originally posted by Starscream M
Energy blasts are allowed, but matter or energy manipulation is not allowed. Surfer still wins...barely. M/E manip not allowed is not gonna hobble him.

btw, Sentry with a beard does rock. I never cared for the beard on Thor or Aquaman, but on Sentry it definitely works: it negates that yellow-spandex candyass look (sorry, but only Wolverine can get away with yellow spandex, and even he knew better than to wear it in the movies).

kakuzu
In a slugfest Surfer would pwn Sentry. What people keep neglecting to understand is Surfer and Sentry are not alike. Sentry is never and probably won't even be as strong as BRB, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Thor, or Hercules. He is on the earth level basis. He is with Hulk, Namor, Wonder Man. Sentry is weak compared to the others.

Could he beat Surfer in a slugfest? No way. Could he barely win? Hell no. Sentry hurt his fists hitting the likes of Hulk. Hitting a being who is nearly indestructible isn't going any better. To make matters even worse Silver Surfer won't get Tired because I don't believe his body can become tired anymore. Sentry on the other hand is able to get tired after fighting Hulk for just a little bit.

To say Sentry wins is simply overrated him because he can't beat Surfer in anything.

kakuzu
It won't really matter how much faster the Runner is, because after the Sentry gives him a few heavy bombs to the noggin, it's lights out. Norrins just a super powered wuss, he can't really fight, while Sentry duked it out with a cybernetic organism with computer fast reflexes, and the ability to adapt to almost any given physical threat, and went blow for blow with King Hulk. The Surfer nearly got eaten by Ravenous' mutts, and if not for the power cosmic they would have chewed him up like they were doing to the Gabriel construct.

There sees to be two very important things your forgetting. Three really.

1. Runner is indestructible.

2. Sentry is weak and could never possibly hope to touch Runner if he felt like it. If an enraged Surfer couldn't nobody can

3.Sentry could barely take hits from Hulk. Runner is way more then a threat then Hulk an way more stronger.

Also Sentry can't adapt to any situation. If this was the case he would have pwned Hulk(Which he didn't), He would have lifted that Hell carrier which any REAL marvel power house could have lifted alone.

tdazz
Surfer.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by kakuzu
In a slugfest Surfer would pwn Sentry. What people keep neglecting to understand is Surfer and Sentry are not alike. Sentry is never and probably won't even be as strong as BRB, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Thor, or Hercules. He is on the earth level basis. He is with Hulk, Namor, Wonder Man. Sentry is weak compared to the others.

Could he beat Surfer in a slugfest? No way. Could he barely win? Hell no. Sentry hurt his fists hitting the likes of Hulk. Hitting a being who is nearly indestructible isn't going any better. To make matters even worse Silver Surfer won't get Tired because I don't believe his body can become tired anymore. Sentry on the other hand is able to get tired after fighting Hulk for just a little bit.

To say Sentry wins is simply overrated him because he can't beat Surfer in anything.

Hulk? You have no idea of what you are speaking , King Hulk was stronger, than Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, and Thor by a country mile. Norrin Radd couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag if he didn't have the power cosmic, and even with it he still has no moves.

The Runner is stronger than the Hulk? based on what? he is immortal not invulnerable, or indestructible.

Sentry took hits from the strongest incarnation that there has ever been of the Hulk, and asked for more, and then went to work giving as good as he got.

It's funny becase I've read comics that the Surfer had to come and restrain Terrax, and not once did I ever see him handle him the way Sentry did. I've never seen Surfer stalemate a mega team buster the way that the Sentry stalemated the Collective.

The Sentry would put the Surfer in a headlock and punch his head into his ass cavity if he were in the state of mind that he was in when his wife was killed by Ultron.

Ironman back in the day gave the Surfer a hard time in a less sophisticated suit, yet in his new suit Sentry was beating on him the way a cat beats on a mouse.

Sentry is more than just an earth based hero his physiology make hiim more fit for extraterrestrial tasks than Thor, or Hercules, and I'd put money on Sentry punking the runner as well.

Genis Vell was every bit as powerful or moreso than the Surfer, and he wasn't able to do more than make the Sentry pause for a moment and say that the kid gloves are coming off.

Sentry overloaded the Absorbing Man the Surfer doesn't have that kind power.

As far as speed is concerned the Sentry has duplicated a few of the Surfers speed feats except breaking the time barrier, going to the sun and back in a matter of moments is more impressive than some would believe, and it would make him several times faster than light.

I'd love to see the Surfer beat up Namor, the Avengers, the Inhumans, the Fantastic, and the X-Men at once... the Void was kicking the crap out of all of them, and barely noticed their presence... Sentry beat the Void.

llagrok

2. Who did WWH maul that was Thor's level? smile

Good luck getting any sensible answers out of Quan.

Kudos for trying.

Philosophía
CaptainStoic's post made my head hurt.

kakuzu
Hulk? You have no idea of what you are speaking , King Hulk was stronger, than Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, and Thor by a country mile. Norrin Radd couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag if he didn't have the power cosmic, and even with it he still has no moves.

Okay your are obviously some one who loves Hulk way to much. For one if you had read one of Hulks comics this very special one Thor admits he is stronger then Hulk He even said that given enough time Hulk can surpass even me in strength. So what you said there was just plain stupid. Also seeing as how BRB is stronger then Thor that means he is thousands of times stronger then Hulk since you want to make up things on Hulk right? As for Hercules who has pulled Manhattan and the heaviest thing Hulk hauled was a pyramind.... Yeah Hercules is stronger. Why Herc never beats Hulk in a fight is stupid. However he almost killed him once.

The Runner is stronger than the Hulk? based on what? he is immortal not invulnerable, or indestructible.

Yes the Runner is stronger then Hulk are you okay? You are the only person who I've ever seen to say that. Runner is stronger then Silver Surfer who every one even Hulks writers admit he is stronger. Silver feels bad for Hulk just As Thors does. This was stated by both character and they explained why they always hold back on him.

Sentry took hits from the strongest incarnation that there has ever been of the Hulk, and asked for more, and then went to work giving as good as he got.

Wrong!! ?Sentry took hits from the second strongest. The strongest was War Hulk who made Juggernaut go all the way to a small crawl and even lifted a Pyramind putting him near or in Supermans class being able to lift millions of tons. That is the strongest. Sentry wasn't asking for more. He was dieing. He even turned back to a human. Did you even read the comic? Sentry even stated he wasn't holding back and lost horrible. Gladiator did more damage then what Sentry did to Hulk with Just his eye beams.

It's funny becase I've read comics that the Surfer had to come and restrain Terrax, and not once did I ever see him handle him the way Sentry did. I've never seen Surfer stalemate a mega team buster the way that the Sentry stalemated the Collective.

Yeah your right. Especially since when Surfer fought Terrax I believe he had been powered up right!?!?! When Sentry did it then all he did was brake his little axe. Go back a few years and see what Thanos did to Terrax. He did the same exact move that nobody nows about. Thanos did this while he was sitting down I think. So is Sentry stronger then Thanos now? Is he stronger then Galactus because he never broke the axe to? Oh yeah what about the time Surfer fought galactus, and all those other foes capable of destroying entire galaxaies. Yes you think Sentry is strong because he fought collective which wasn't even shown. It was just Captain America running away really.

The Sentry would put the Surfer in a headlock and punch his head into his ass cavity if he were in the state of mind that he was in when his wife was killed by Ultron.

Yeah the Sentry would put Surfer in a head lock and try and choke him when he doesn't breathe. I love the way you think lol. Thats how he is gong to win? Notice how Sentry only did that when his wife had died. He won't just do that again. He will loose to Surfer so fast it isn't even worth reading.

Ironman back in the day gave the Surfer a hard time in a less sophisticated suit, yet in his new suit Sentry was beating on him the way a cat beats on a mouse.

Notice How Ironmans suit back in the day was kind of amped up. Notice how Sentry did no damage and couldn't do any damage. Notice How Surfer didn't fire a blast capable of destroying a planet while Sentry used his full effort. Why even bring that fight up now when you think about it. You helped me.

Sentry is more than just an earth based hero his physiology make hiim more fit for extraterrestrial tasks than Thor, or Hercules, and I'd put money on Sentry punking the runner as well.

Yeah your so right. Lets look back at the time Thor pulled the Midgard serpent and the entire planet earth which was trillions of tons. Now lets look at Sentry who could barely stop a hellcarrier which made just over 100 tons. You give me your credit card number since you really want to beat. We can have a Sentry vs Thor whos stronger thread if you want. Trust me you don't want that. Sentry is way weaker then Thor.

Genis Vell was every bit as powerful or moreso than the Surfer, and he wasn't able to do more than make the Sentry pause for a moment and say that the kid gloves are coming off.

So..... Your point???

Sentry overloaded the Absorbing Man the Surfer doesn't have that kind power.

The Surfer does have that kind of power. If you actually read and comics with Absorbing man in it you would know he has a limit. He can't absorb even a small portion of and island, the ocean, planet earth. Sentry only had to have just enough to overload him. That again was stupid to bring up. Sentry barely has the power of a dead star yet he brags about 1,000,000. Surfer could have taken him out much easier. Plus that fight was so long. Thor took him out with one move after he annoyed him enough in blood oath.

As far as speed is concerned the Sentry has duplicated a few of the Surfers speed feats except breaking the time barrier, going to the sun and back in a matter of moments is more impressive than some would believe, and it would make him several times faster than light.

Surfer has flown from one end of the galaxy to another in seconds. That hundreds of times the speed of light. Surfer scanned the entire planet earth for Shanzar in a few seconds. Sentry can barely make it to the sun and back in speed light time. So don't even go there to speed. That is probably the top thing the Surfer is known for.

I'd love to see the Surfer beat up Namor, the Avengers, the Inhumans, the Fantastic, and the X-Men at once... the Void was kicking the crap out of all of them, and barely noticed their presence... Sentry beat the Void.

Okay you think the Surfer can't take those foes on. Honestly are you a Sentry fanboy? Surfer nearly destroyed the entire planet earth while he was having a nightmare. Sentry barely took on then and had gotten stopped by a girl. Surfer had to get woken up by the earths smartest man. Do the math which is more? Surfer nearly killed earth in his sleep. Sentry was wide awake and got taken out by a girl.

So far all you've done is show me that Sentry is a very weak character. Also you shown me he is so weak that you had to say the void just to make him sound strong. Sentry couldn't even beat the void by himself. He had help from others then Threw him in the sun. Why even bring that up? Surfer would have turned the void into a cupcake.

kakuzu
Can't believe I forgot to mention this. In Thors early years of the Jim it was firmly stated in the little print that he was earths strongest or most powerful hero. Last on it was changed to Thor being the most powerful in the galaxy. Soon that had been changed to Thor being Marvels strongest hero. So to say Sentry is stronger is just what you would like to believe.

Surfer was then counted as Marvels most powerful due to his amazing abilites an how he could pull them off.

Captain Marvel was protector of the universe for some odd reason.

Strange was the soccerr surpeme of the universe as well.

So yeah just let you know Hulk, Sentry are not stronger then BRB. SS, Gladiator,Hercules. and Thor.

Notice how Sentry was earths most powerful people when all I named above where no where near earth. Thats when Marvel started this. However in JIM it was Stated that Thor to be the top. They even had a comic where they answered the fans to see who had been Stronger Thor with no hammer vs Hulk. Thor almost killed him till he stopped to see whether he was okay and Hulk knocked him back. Thor gets up and uses so much force in a punch it destroyed the structure on the molecular level burying Hulk, or so we thought. Hulk ends up running away.

So since Sentry lost to Hulk, Hulk lost to Thor its safe to Say Sentry isn't in the high class yet.

Starscream M

So since Sentry lost to Hulk, Hulk lost to Thor its safe to Say Sentry isn't in the high class yet.

yeah, because the Hulk that Sentry faced was the same Hulk that Thor faced... roll eyes (sarcastic)

kakuzu
yeah, because the Hulk that Sentry faced was the same Hulk that Thor faced... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol I'm just using the same logic he used. He said Terrax lost to Sentry. Okay Terrax fought Thor when Terrax had been amped up. So he said Sentry must be more powerful.

darthgoober

Starscream M

kakuzu
darthgoober I bow down to youbeer

Starscream M
I have to say that my impression is that Sentry is a better melee brawler than Surfer. And they're pretty much equals in strength and speed.

tkitna

Officially the dumbest post i've ever read on KMC.

kakuzu
I have to say that my impression is that Sentry is a better melee brawler than Surfer. And they're pretty much equals in strength and speed.

There no way close to equals. Some one made of indestructible metal will always hit harder then some one who can barely take hits from Hulk.

In terms of speed. Sentry can just go over light speed. Surfer has gone thousands or just a little less then light speed.

Silver Surfer can do anything Sentry does but better.

kakuzu

Please show proof? If not then you just overrate Sentry.

darthgoober
What showings of skill does Sentry have that trump these skill showings of Surfer's...

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4535/incrediblehulk95010je9.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7499/incrediblehulk95011zw0.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3747/incrediblehulk95012gs9.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4056/incrediblehulk95013ao4.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4221/incrediblehulk95014kq6.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6994/silversurfer05910gg3.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6915/silversurfer05911hr8.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9651/silversurfer0591213qb4.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5686/silversurfer05914ui7.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1624/silversurfer05915iy9.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5687/silversurfer05916gz4.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/654/silversurfer05917kc9.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4827/silversurfer05918ur3.jpg

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
What showings of skill does Sentry have that trump these skill showings of Surfer's...

abom is not really a worthy challenger for someone as powerful as Surfer...he really should've decimated him far easier. (see for example how Sentry utterly humiliated Terrax)

for your second example, didn't Surfer end up getting the silver innards beaten outta him by an angry hulk?

Surfer's just not a fighter mindset...he's a pacificist. Sentry is a natural born brawler. Sentry's just a better melee combatant than Surfer imo.

Red Hulk

tkitna
Please show proof? If not then you just overrate Sentry.

Show proof of what? The earth based heros knocking the crap out of Thor, Herc, and Glads? Ask Wonder Man to tell the story of how he beat Thor. Maybe ask Hulk about the many times he's beaten down all of them (all at once a few times) and then come back with your earth based garbage (did you make that up by yourself?). Sure Thor, Herc, and Glads might start off stronger than base Hulks strength, but how well did that serve them? Thor not beating the Hulk because he felt sorry for him,,,,please. Warrior Madness Thor looked real forgiving as the Hulk still pounded on him.

As for Sentry, its hard to say if Surfer takes him. Theres a lot of feats that would say its surely possible and if he used every trick in his aresonal, i'd give him the mojority. In just a H2H matchup,,,,Nah. Sentry in the right frame of mind would put the boots to him.

CaptainStoic

Yea I didn't like that post myself, and it really made no sense whatsoever, WWHulk was Thor's superior in strength, as well as Gladiator, BRB. and Hercules.... The Hulk pummeled Herc after all. Kakuzu you need to go back and reread WWHulk, and while you're at it Planet Hulk as well. Thor can say many things I mean he was talking shyt as Red Hulk was busting his ass, but it was just talk.

In the history of comics Thor has never conclusively shown to be the Hulks superior in a fight, he's won a few and so has the Hulk, but Thor has never shown that he was stronger than the newer incarnations of the Hulk.

Red Hulk
abom is not really a worthy challenger for someone as powerful as Surfer...he really should've decimated him far easier. (see for example how Sentry utterly humiliated Terrax)

for your second example, didn't Surfer end up getting the silver innards beaten outta him by an angry hulk?

Surfer's just not a fighter mindset...he's a pacificist. Sentry is a natural born brawler. Sentry's just a better melee combatant than Surfer imo. Surfer was severely weakened when he started his fight with Abom.

Surfer was weakened by three different things in Planet Hulk, and Hulk attacked him when Surfer was apologizing.

Did you just ignore the scans in the same post you addressed them in? He just showed Surfer engaging in fisticuffs, and if this is a h2h battle, then why should pacifist even be brought up as they know they have to fight in this way...

Red Hulk
Show proof of what? The earth based heros knocking the crap out of Thor, Herc, and Glads? Ask Wonder Man to tell the story of how he beat Thor. Maybe ask Hulk about the many times he's beaten down all of them (all at once a few times) and then come back with your earth based garbage (did you make that up by yourself?). Sure Thor, Herc, and Glads might start off stronger than base Hulks strength, but how well did that serve them? Thor not beating the Hulk because he felt sorry for him,,,,please. Warrior Madness Thor looked real forgiving as the Hulk still pounded on him.
WM was punching Thor around using his explosiveness, but as soon as it got distance, Thor KO'ed him... so I don't see how he beat Thor...
Hulk has never beaten a fully equipped Thor without starting off with a massive cheapshot...

Alternate reality, and that was a pissed off Maestro. And no one won that fight anyway, unless you count Maestro punching him away a couple hundred yards as a victory...

tkitna
Originally posted by Red Hulk

Hulk has never beaten a fully equipped Thor without starting off with a massive cheapshot...

Really? In the 40 to 50 years they've been around and every fight they've had, Thor has been cheap shotted by the Hulk every single time? Wow, thats something else.

darthgoober
That was Abomination back in the day(before he became the Hulk's weekly b*tch) and Surfer was weakened both from his imprisonment on Earth and from some mystics draining of his power to summon the Abomination in the first place.

And Abominations abilities don't have any bearing on the skill Surfer showed in beating on him. You don't have to take it as proof that Surfer's got mad skillz if you don't want, but it trumps anything I've seen from Sentry in the skill department to date.

Nope. He whupped up on Hulk and then proceeded to whup up on Hulk's team mates until the Hulk nailed him with a sucker punch and destroyed the control disk. Hulk started pounding on Surfer when Surfer thanked him, but there was no definite indication of Surfer actually being KO'd and Surfer was up on his feat leading the others out moments later.

Surfer's just not a fighter mindset...he's a pacificist. Sentry is a natural born brawler. Sentry's just a better melee combatant than Surfer imo.
Surfer doesn't have to have a fighters mindset, some of the best fighters around are the types to try to avoid fighting whenever possible. Just because you don't enjoy doing something doesn't mean that you're not good at it. And you seem to be forgetting the alteration of Surfer's mindset in Annihilation(he's not really a pacifist anymore), why don't you try asking Ravenous or Nova if they think Surfer lacks the mindset to fight efficiently.

Mindship
Surfer has flown from one end of the galaxy to another in seconds. That hundreds of times the speed of light.
Surfer has feats that have him going THOUSANDS of times the speed of light...
Crossing galaxy in ten seconds > 300 billion cee.

I remember calculating once how fast the Surfer had to move to get to Thanos before Thanos could hit Cap (IIRC). While not as impressive as 300 gigacee, it was still over 300 megacee.

cool

Red Hulk
Really? In the 40 to 50 years they've been around and every fight they've had, Thor has been cheap shotted by the Hulk every single time? Wow, thats something else. Have you ever seen the fights they have, or are you just judging based on forumlore?

The closest Hulk has ever come off the top of my head to beating Thor is when he punched him into a mountain that collapsed on top of Thor... and if that isn't a plot device...

tkitna
Have you ever seen the fights they have, or are you just judging based on forumlore?

The closest Hulk has ever come off the top of my head to beating Thor is when he punched him into a mountain that collapsed on top of Thor... and if that isn't a plot device...

Has Thor ever beaten the Hulk? Of all the battles I have of them, I dont remember him ever doing it (though its possible. Its an honest question).

Not talking about RKT either.

Nihilist
surfer ftw convincingly

AlmightyKfish
Surfer should win.

Planet Hulk Surfer only got pounded on when he wasn't fighting back. And he was fine after all that.

When he was fighting back he was owning 6 near Hulk level beings (and the Hulk). Without the ability to amp his strength. =/

Red Hulk
Has Thor ever beaten the Hulk? Of all the battles I have of them, I dont remember him ever doing it (though its possible. Its an honest question).

Not talking about RKT either. Which battles did you look at?

He's dropped Hulk with lightning.
He basically beat absolutely insane Hulk (no KO however).
He beat Banner Hulk...

Starscream M

Just because you don't enjoy doing something doesn't mean that you're not good at it.

In most cases, it really does.

Ask anyone who's at the top of their game (athlete, actor, cook, businessman) why they're successful and they'll tell you its because they are passionate about what they do.

Now, Surfer may win DESPITE his lack of penchant for violence.

Red Hulk

Ask anyone who's at the top of their game (athlete, actor, cook, businessman) why they're successful and they'll tell you its because they are passionate about what they do.

Now, Surfer may win DESPITE his lack of penchant for violence. By the way, this thread has been done before.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=491254&pagenumber=1

Starscream M
By the way, this thread has been done before.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=491254&pagenumber=1 no that thread is different

that thread is a pure slugfest

this is not a pure slugfest (energy attacks are allowed)

darthgoober

Ask a hooker(doesn't matter how successful) how much she actually enjoys sleeping with people that she doesn't know and isn't attracted to. Now ask one of her John's how good she is in bed...

Now, Surfer may win DESPITE his lack of penchant for violence.
Which is pretty much what I was saying. Surfer doesn't LIKE to fight, but that doesn't mean he can't do it well if pressed. Hell, most MA masters will tell you that fighting should be a last resort and it should be avoided if at all possible, but that doesn't automatically mean that they're unable to beat the shit out of a random sadist who actually enjoys hurting others.

Red Hulk
no that thread is different

that thread is a pure slugfest

this is not a pure slugfest (energy attacks are allowed) Why did you call it a slugfest then? Anyway, so it's handi-capped Surfer vs Sentry?

I thought it was just another slugfest... but with energy attacks allowed... why are we even talking about Surfer's h2h skills then?

HandiSurfer ftw.

tkitna
Which battles did you look at?

He's dropped Hulk with lightning.
He basically beat absolutely insane Hulk (no KO however).
He beat Banner Hulk...

Eh, the ones I remember that I have (sorry, I dont have the issue numbers right now) was a Defenders/Avengers book where they fought, some Annual where I remember Hulk walking away as Thor is laying there, the Warrior Madness episode (its been a long time since i read that and you mentioned he might have been the Maestro then,,,I cant remember), the book where they fight with the adamantium statue, and a book where Hulk tries to lift Thors hammer. I dont remember Thor winning any of those, but as I said, if he did,,,,my fault.

I'm also sure theres probably many fights they've had that i've missed. If Thors won a few, i'd love to pick them up as I always hated it that Hulk would never lose when I was younger.

kakuzu
Yea I didn't like that post myself, and it really made no sense whatsoever, WWHulk was Thor's superior in strength, as well as Gladiator, BRB. and Hercules.... The Hulk pummeled Herc after all. Kakuzu you need to go back and reread WWHulk, and while you're at it Planet Hulk as well. Thor can say many things I mean he was talking shyt as Red Hulk was busting his ass, but it was just talk.

In the history of comics Thor has never conclusively shown to be the Hulks superior in a fight, he's won a few and so has the Hulk, but Thor has never shown that he was stronger than the newer incarnations of the Hulk.

Okay you have never read a Hulk or Thor comic its official.

First off Hulk and Thor have fought about 12 times if not more. Hulk has run away about 2 or 3 times. Thor has killed Hulk four times and the others he has beaten him down. Last fight Thor lost to Hulk once in the history of comics. Yet you state he isn't stronger then Hulk. Yeah you need to pick up a comic book. I can give you a site to download them. That was completely stupid. How you can you say Thor isn't superior when he's killed Hulk before and Hulk has never even come close to killing him but once.

Hercules loses to Hulk so what. Nobody ever agrees a guy thousands of years of age with amazing fighting abilities to should lose to Hulk. If you agree then that just shows what you really like Hulk not logic.

Also show me where Thor hasn't been shown to be stronger then current Hulk? What has he done? Last time I checked He's beaten people that Thor has beaten or can beat. Also even classic Thor has been shown to take a three and hit a tank so hard he destroyed it at the molecular level Some 10 hulks probably couldn't even do.

When did he talk shyt to Red Hulk? He just said some thing to him beat on him then Lost. Red Hulk pwned Green Hulk why would you even bring that up when your defending Green Hulk? At least name some one they both didn't lose to. Also Thor didn't and wasn't using his Odin force which has been said to be activated only when a serious threat was around. Surtur, and Destroyer count Red Hulk and Iron don't count which shows how weak they really are if he really tried.

kakuzu
Eh, the ones I remember that I have (sorry, I dont have the issue numbers right now) was a Defenders/Avengers book where they fought, some Annual where I remember Hulk walking away as Thor is laying there, the Warrior Madness episode (its been a long time since i read that and you mentioned he might have been the Maestro then,,,I cant remember), the book where they fight with the adamantium statue, and a book where Hulk tries to lift Thors hammer. I dont remember Thor winning any of those, but as I said, if he did,,,,my fault.

I'm also sure theres probably many fights they've had that i've missed. If Thors won a few, i'd love to pick them up as I always hated it that Hulk would never lose when I was younger.

Was the serious? That same issue with the Statue Hulk was getting his A$$ handed to him like never before. He even had to use the statue to save him self from Thor who would have killed him.

When Hulk tried to lift up Thors hammer the first fight Hulk lost that one. Thor took off the enchantment and Thor wanted to fight with no hammer he almost killed him.

Thor and Hulk fought yes when he was in Warriors madness. Hulk definitely didn't win this. I know you couldn't possibly think that. I think all Hulk got on Thor was holding his head while he had tried to run foward. People regarded that as a Hulk feat when truly anybody could have pulled that off.

Times Thor killed Hulk

Breaks his neck.
He hit him in the face with his hammer in the Mangaverse when Hulk was 70ft tall an mereged with Surtur.
He killed him when He fought Hulk and Thing at the same time and had no odin force because it had been suppressed.
One more moment I forgotten. He killed him.

Starscream M
Ask a hooker(doesn't matter how successful) how much she actually enjoys sleeping with people that she doesn't know and isn't attracted to. Now ask one of her John's how good she is in bed...

Which is pretty much what I was saying. Surfer doesn't LIKE to fight, but that doesn't mean he can't do it well if pressed. Hell, most MA masters will tell you that fighting should be a last resort and it should be avoided if at all possible, but that doesn't automatically mean that they're unable to beat the shit out of a random sadist who actually enjoys hurting others.

umm...the hooker example was a poor one. Sure, the hooker may be successful despite not really being into it. But my point was that if a hooker was into what she was doing, then she would be better than the hooker who was merely faking it.

Also, most MA fighters do like fighting...hence why they pursued mastering it. Just because they don't choose to beat up random folks don't mean they don't like fighting per say...just that they don't like to abuse others.

kakuzu

As for Sentry, its hard to say if Surfer takes him. Theres a lot of feats that would say its surely possible and if he used every trick in his aresonal, i'd give him the mojority. In just a H2H matchup,,,,Nah. Sentry in the right frame of mind would put the boots to him.

Didn't Wonder man get knocked to the middle of the earth by Gladiator? Didn't WM get hit so fast and Hard by Gladiator he didn't notice the punch till it hit him? Didn't Thor nearly kill Gladiator on their first encounter? Yeah ABC my friend.

As how many times Hulk has lost to Thor and died to Thor. Then ask how many times Hulk has killed Thor.

My earth based Garbage as you may call it is true. So you think Namor is as as strong as BRB then? You think Sentry is as strong as Gladiator who was seen moving planet sized Asteroids when Sentry couldn't even move one hellcarrier with out help from WM, and Ms.Marvel? That is the garbage there what you seem to believe.

Show me Sentrys best feat, and I can show you Surfers worst feat, and it can still look better then Sentrys own. Thats how badly Surfer would beat Sentry. Plus Hulk can't even Hurt Surfer. Hulk can kill Sentry.

Red Hulk

I'm also sure theres probably many fights they've had that i've missed. If Thors won a few, i'd love to pick them up as I always hated it that Hulk would never lose when I was younger. In the Defenders/Avengers issue, Thor almost knocked out Hulk, but paused...

In the Annual, they fought three times. The first is where Hulk punched him into a mountain. The second is where Thor KO'ed him. And the third is when Thor was carrying him and Hulk transformed and cheapshotted him repeatedly, and Thor got up a panel later and made it rain.

Maestro in an alternate timeline and was essentially a stalemate.

The adamantium statue is where we don't really see Hulk connect once, and Thor beats him around for a bunch of pages.

Is that where Thor is holding up the tunnel from collapsing?

You could check the respect thread of Thor (where it has all the pages...), where all of the fights are.

kakuzu
I don't think Maestro has ever met Thor. He met Abomination and she hulk and pwned them however lol.

Dark-Jaxx
So Red Hulk, why IS mommy moaning? mmm

Red Hulk
I don't think Maestro has ever met Thor. He met Abomination and she hulk and pwned them however lol. Which Hulk was it then?

So Red Hulk, why IS mommy moaning? mmm Because she's getting pounded.

tkitna
Cripes dude. Your wearing me out.

Okay you have never read a Hulk or Thor comic its official.

Lol, this is good. I've probably been reading Hulk and Thor comics before you were a gleam in some sailors eyes.

So Thor has had the upper hand in every fight? List the issues Einstein.

After reading this, i've come to the conclusion that your an idiot. So the Hulk couldnt have kept beating on an unconcious Thor to kill him? Oh I forgot, Thor has never been knocked out by hulk before. Good lord.

Your the one that brought Hercules up. I cant help it if you find fault in your own examples.

So now we're assuming 10 Hulks couldnt do something that Thor did? I'm losing interest in you very quickly.

I never once mentioned Red Hulk so again, nobody knows what your talking about, but please dont make excuses for the beating that Thor took to Rulk. Its Loeb, thers really nothing Thor could have done.

kakuzu
Thor has only met the following versions of Hulk

Mindless
Onslaught infested
Mangaverse version(70ft tall Hulk/Surtur one)
Banner controlled Hulk
I think Grey Hulk
That other Hulk whos always angry.

kakuzu
Cripes dude. Your wearing me out.

Lol, this is good. I've probably been reading Hulk and Thor comics before you were a gleam in some sailors eyes.

a)Yet you think Maestro has met Thor? I guess your right.

So Thor has had the upper hand in every fight? List the issues Einstein.

a)List the Issue? But you have just said above you have read them all. You should know them by heart.

After reading this, i've come to the conclusion that your an idiot. So the Hulk couldnt have kept beating on an unconcious Thor to kill him? Oh I forgot, Thor has never been knocked out by hulk before. Good lord.

a)This comes from the Man who was dumb enough to say three issues Hulk has lost to Thor and think that gave Hulk the upper hand. Didn't I state He beat him once? If you actually read the following coming as you claimed he koed Thor to beat him. He didn't proceed to beating on him but rather holding him up.

Your the one that brought Hercules up. I cant help it if you find fault in your own examples.

a)I said Hercules and many others. I only said one example of Hercules that was never directed towards you.

So now we're assuming 10 Hulks couldnt do something that Thor did? I'm losing interest in you very quickly.

a)Don't know if you were born with common sense or not but that was a joke. Its a debate people are aloud to joke. Common sense tells you when something like that is so fake the writer was obviously joking. I clearly stated Hulk can surpass Thor in strength if a fight lasted long enough.

I never once mentioned Red Hulk so again, nobody knows what your talking about, but please dont make excuses for the beating that Thor took to Rulk. Its Loeb, thers really nothing Thor could have done.

a)Funny how you say nobody when its just you.............. I'm not making excusses. Red Hulk could have won just as much as green Hulk however it wouldn't have happened in such a sad way.

Red Hulk
Thor has only met the following versions of Hulk

Mindless
Onslaught infested
Mangaverse version(70ft tall Hulk/Surtur one)
Banner controlled Hulk
I think Grey Hulk
That other Hulk whos always angry. Which one was the one that fought WM Thor then?

Bouboumaster
Which one was the one that fought WM Thor then?

Wasn't it Prof Hulk, who throw an uppercut in the face of WM Thor to saves him from a nuclear explosion or something? This Hulk had beard.

tkitna
Didn't Wonder man get knocked to the middle of the earth by Gladiator? Didn't WM get hit so fast and Hard by Gladiator he didn't notice the punch till it hit him? Didn't Thor nearly kill Gladiator on their first encounter? Yeah ABC my friend.

Didnt Hulk beat Gladiator? ABC logic.

Now i'm curious. How many times has the Hulk died at the hands of Thor?

No, Namor is not as strong as BRB.

Yes, I think Sentry is as strong as Gladiator. Glads moved planet sized Astroids and the Sentry was punching Genis with enough force to destroy planets. Sounds close to me. As for the helicarrier,,,,you would never understand.

Ummm, Karnak knocked the Surfer out with a brick once. Hell, I dont think I even have a feat that low let alone the Sentry,, but good luck with that genius.

Red Hulk
*Waiting*

Anyway...

He's even called Maestro in the fight.

darthgoober
umm...the hooker example was a poor one. Sure, the hooker may be successful despite not really being into it. But my point was that if a hooker was into what she was doing, then she would be better than the hooker who was merely faking it.
No the hooker example is the best one because it's a far more accurate reflection on Surfer's attitude and reasoning in regards to fighting than any of the examples you provided.

But I will agree that your assessment regarding a Hooker who for some reason enjoys what she does for a living LIKELY being better in bed than one who doesn't... but that still doesn't apply here. See you're point is that if two people are equal in their general skill at something the one who enjoys and is passionate about it will preform better, but that only applies if the two are equal in skill(and we haven't seen any actual melee skill from Sentry).

Also, most MA fighters do like fighting...hence why they pursued mastering it. Just because they don't choose to beat up random folks don't mean they don't like fighting per say...just that they don't like to abuse others.
Most, not necessarily all. Otherwise the idea of the cloistered Monks who try to avoid hurting bugs but can kick the shit out of anyone who climbs their mountain never would have came about.

And again, you're completely ignoring the fact that Surfer's mindset was altered as of Annihilation. He's no longer Marvel's head pacifist so even if the your opinion regarding his mindset crippling his abilities was correct it wouldn't hold any water here unless the thread's about Pre-Annihilation Surfer.

kakuzu

a)Thats not ABC logic. Gladiator had already been in a beaten up condition and Hulk attacked him while he was weak like he does to everybody else when they don't pay attention he sucker punches them. ABC logic means Thors beat Glads, Glads Beats Wonderman

Now i'm curious. How many times has the Hulk died at the hands of Thor?

a)He has died four times. From breaking Hulks next to Killing Hulk and Thing at the same time after hours of fighting

No, Namor is not as strong as BRB.

a)Of course he isn't. You say Sentry is as strong as people like Hercules who have pulled Manhattan. So why not just say Namor is.

Yes, I think Sentry is as strong as Gladiator. Glads moved planet sized Astroids and the Sentry was punching Genis with enough force to destroy planets. Sounds close to me. As for the helicarrier,,,,you would never understand.

a)Wrong. Sentry didn't punch with that much force. The energy being released was doing that. All that energy together was destroying the planets not the force of Sentrys weak punches. Please explain the Hellarrier? Sentry was in tiptop shape when this happened. BRB, Glads, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hercules would have lifted that with ease.

Ummm, Karnak knocked the Surfer out with a brick once. Hell, I dont think I even have a feat that low let alone the Sentry,, but good luck with that genius.
a)For one that wasn't a feat. I said Surfers low end feat. When I say this I mean only reconstructing millions of tons or and entire city with ease. Most of Sentrys feats are low end. They are usually with flaws. Him only stalemating a starved galactus, him only destroying terrax axe, him standing up to a very weak well or just a whisper from blackbolt, him overloading the Absorbing man who doesn't need that much energy and can't even absorb a storm. Its that simple. Sentry feats aren't that high. Give him a few more years then maybe he will be close to the rest.

Aster Phoenix
Shouldn't this be easy to settle? Which character has the more powerful punching feats on panel?

tkitna
a)For one that wasn't a feat. I said Surfers low end feat. When I say this I mean only reconstructing millions of tons or and entire city with ease. Most of Sentrys feats are low end. They are usually with flaws. Him only stalemating a starved galactus, him only destroying terrax axe, him standing up to a very weak well or just a whisper from blackbolt, him overloading the Absorbing man who doesn't need that much energy and can't even absorb a storm. Its that simple. Sentry feats aren't that high. Give him a few more years then maybe he will be close to the rest.

This post confirms what I thought from the beginning,,,you are just too unintelligent to debate with. That little world that you live in must be something else.

Red Hulk
Anyway, Surfer blasts the shit out of Sentry.

His blasts IMO would be devastating to Sentry.

ultimatethor
This is not a pure slugfest so the sentry has little or NO chance of winning. Surfer is far more durable than the sentry and has the far better blast feats. He is also far faster and more manoeverable. He simply blasts sentry to pieces.

Endrict Nuul

The only reason why Hulk kicked the crap outta Gladiator is because Glads is vulnerable to some types of radiation and that is what Hulk is.

tkitna
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
The only reason why Hulk kicked the crap outta Gladiator is because Glads is vulnerable to some types of radiation and that is what Hulk is.

Yeah, but the example still works.

quanchi112

2. Who did WWH maul that was Thor's level? smile 1.You are taking this personal,you shouldnt.

2.Thor has never beaten any version of Hulk without his hammer. WW Hulk is greater than any prior version of the Hulk. Id say the way he physically stood up to Juggs,his taking on of Sentry using more power than ever before shows he can get the job done.

Rulk also only beat a savage Hulk who is nowhere near WW Hulk levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.