Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faunus
The Skywalkers (RotS, RotJ, respectively) fight the coolest Jedi Masters in the saga (RotS, TPM, respectively).

All-out battle on Naboo, where Darth Maul died so miserably. Who wins?

Lightsnake
Hmm...this is a tough one...I'd give it to team one but by a hair, because of Anakin himself who could probably make some viciously short work of Qui-Gon or Obi-wan

DarkSerpent
Nice match...

Skywalkers by maybe 5.5/10

I'll wait for others to join before I put more in.

Enyalus
Qui-Gon wasn't able to use his Ataru effectively before...same area, same problem.

Team One wins, 8/10.

Faunus
I disagree.

Qui-Gon was skilled enough to contend well with Darth Maul - who decimated Anoon Bondara - and was certainly one of the better swordsman of his time, even at the age of sixty. He's surprisingly aggressive, too, so I can definitely see him knocking Luke aside like he did to Maul, and then going to assist Obi-Wan. Maybe.

Anakin is hands-down the most dangerous individual here, but he isn't far enough above Kenobi to be guaranteed a win by any means. As the RotS novel reveals, his former Master had him at his mercy at one point, which implies some degree of parity between the two in overall combat effectiveness. The original Skywalker would make short work of Qui-Gon, but provided he's kept busy (he will be) he'll face danger enough at the hands of Obi-Wan.

Overall, I'm definitely leaning towards the Skywalkers, but the other team has a shot.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Faunus
I disagree.

Qui-Gon was skilled enough to contend well with Darth Maul - who decimated Anoon Bondara - and was certainly one of the better swordsman of his time, even at the age of sixty. He's surprisingly aggressive, too, so I can definitely see him knocking Luke aside like he did to Maul, and then going to assist Obi-Wan. Maybe.

Anakin is hands-down the most dangerous individual here, but he isn't far enough above Kenobi to be guaranteed a win by any means. As the RotS novel reveals, his former Master had him at his mercy at one point, which implies some degree of parity between the two in overall combat effectiveness. The original Skywalker would make short work of Qui-Gon, but provided he's kept busy (he will be) he'll face danger enough at the hands of Obi-Wan.

Overall, I'm definitely leaning towards the Skywalkers, but the other team has a shot.

You see, I'm of somewhat similar thought. I think they'll all be great battles and very close, but that 8/10 times, the Skywalkers pull it out. I would put ROTJ Luke above Qui-Gon dueling wise, although barely. Likewise for Anakin over Kenobi, especially if it's his much lauded 'in the zone' state.

Lightsnake
Well, IIRC, the TPM novel has Maul's victory over Qui-gon as rather onesided on Maul's end, with Maul being described as younger and more powerful.

And Obi-wan's main draw is that he knows Ani inside and out coupled with his incredible Soresu. As Luke certainly isn't a weakling given some of the things he's done by ROTJ, he definitely won't be the weak link..
Also assumedly Obi-wan won't have the 'high ground' advantage here

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Well, IIRC, the TPM novel has Maul's victory over Qui-gon as rather onesided on Maul's end, with Maul being described as younger and more powerful.He's certainly not Maul's equal, and Luke himself is probably a more forceful combatant. But he can fight smart, and considering Luke's complete lack of true form, he should be able to hold his own well.

It's not like Obi-Wan started out with the high ground on Mustafar. He worked for it, he got it, and he won. This arena in particular offers many, many opportunities for strategy, although since this isn't apeshit Darth Vader I don't see Anakin making such a mistake so easily.

Besides, Obi-Wan didn't need the high ground to disarm Anakin and have him at his mercy. That was all skill.

Lightsnake
He's certainly not Maul's equal, and Luke himself is probably a more forceful combatant. But he can fight smart, and considering Luke's complete lack of true form, he should be able to hold his own well.
Lack of orthodoxy can be occasionally a strength and Luke's got some good experience fighting Dark Jedi...he killed Magistrix Kharys, for one. and fought Celeste Morne

Well, environment played a HUGE part in the prolonged duel, don't forget

True, but don't forget Anakin recovered...else Obi-wan would've killed him.

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Lack of orthodoxy can be occasionally a strength and Luke's got some good experience fighting Dark Jedi...he killed Magistrix Kharys, for one. and fought Celeste MorneBefore RotJ? And do they compare to Qui-Gon Jinn or Darth Vader?

Yes, but the novel makes it very clear that there's more to it than that.

Kenobi hesitated. He had both weapons, and then he simply did nothing. Anakin mocked him for his "compassion," and then Force-pushes him back and proceeds to nearly break his arms.

Lightsnake
Before RotJ? And do they compare to Qui-Gon Jinn or Darth Vader?
Hard to say, but I know Celeste at least fights Vader once and Kharys was trained by him...below them, yes, but still, impressive for Luke.

And yeah, long before ROTJ.

Of course. But it was Obi-wan who was generally giving ground. He was just the smarter fighter there

We talking about the same scene? In the movie I recall he has Anakin down and snatches his saber before chopping down.

DarkSerpent
Anakin rapes Qui-gon, then procedes to help his son finish off obi-wan.

Gaevus Mesias
team 2 dies quickly in my opinion, Qui-Gon dies first and easily. I agree with serpent.

Darth Martin
Team 2

skywalker833
Close match. I'd say Obi Wan takes out anakin , while Luke takes out Qui Gon after a long battle. Then, Obi wan beats Luke.
So... Team 2. Very close.

Lucien A
I'm sorry, but it's still boggling my mind that RotJ Luke is considered more powerful and skilled than Qui-Gon. WTFOMFG.

Man of Christ
i have anakin rushing qui-gon and decimating him, while luke tries to tackle obi wan, whereupon obi wan will slay him like he did his father then anakin will charge obi wan and lose again

Mizukage Yoda
team two. No way could Luke hold a candle to Mace Windu, any form. I can't see Luke above many of the upper tier PT duelists. Qui-Gon will make a fool out of Luke, and Obi-Wan will take Anakin after a long duel, Anakin dieing like a moron, in spite of his greater skill. Why? because Anakin would target Kenobi first, because he has an obsession with killing him. I cannot see Qui-Gon losing to Luke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXcCH3Ypjc
not after that

Lucien A
Luke wouldn't be able to bring himself to face Kenobi, so he'd be killed by Qui-Gon---quickly. Anakin wouldn't be able to bring himself to face Qui-Gon, so he'd take a long time to fight Kenobi, giving Qui-Gon enough time to jump in and help Obi-Wan defeat him.

BruceSkywalker
This comes down to Luke v. Qui-Gon which I see Qui-Gon winning after a decent battle

xxxpoppunker182
Lucien I agree

Darth Storm
first luke is pumped by qui-gon, then anakin with all his sorrow kills qui-gon and obi one wins

CadoAngelus
Although i don't like this particular EU story, Luke fought a solid+immortal force ghost/hologram of Darth Maul and won, i don't know if it was just after RotJ or what but that gives him the upper over Qui-Gon first off...

Anakin, RotS, non-Vader or Vader? assuming he's non-Vader he's gonna be smarter and more mindful of the fight, so he won't try and get the upper hand on anyone before he knows he can. Though, Obi-Wan could break Anakins strategy pretty quickly, considering Obi-Wan taught Anakin most of what he knows.

Qui-Gon, though in the TPM novelisation suggested Maul was better, was on the verge of Jedi Master Council level, he only didn't become a Master because of his recklessness (and no doubt some other things that people may have said already). Qui-Gon could observe Lukes sloppy/untrained saber skill and possibly get the upper hand over him...

It's a toughy, but i think Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan could get this one, not indefinatly, but it would be close...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Although i don't like this particular EU story, Luke fought a solid+immortal force ghost/hologram of Darth Maul and won, i don't know if it was just after RotJ or what but that gives him the upper over Qui-Gon first off...

Well then you will be happy to know that particular comic is not canon.

Hewhoknowsall
Anakin and Obi Wan fight for a LONG time...

Qui Gon beats Luke (he's a jedi MASTER that rivaled Mace, and Luke isn't really a jedi yet, or at least according to the anti luke fanboyism around here)

Qui Gon and Obi Wan beat Anakin

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Qui Gon beats Luke (he's a jedi MASTER that rivaled Mace, and Luke isn't really a jedi yet, or at least according to the anti luke fanboyism around here)

How is there anti Luke fanboyism when we all acknowledge him of being the most powerful jedi ever and not to mention he is a beast from DE and beyond.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
How is there anti Luke fanboyism when we all acknowledge him of being the most powerful jedi ever and not to mention he is a beast from DE and beyond.

OT Luke I mean.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Well then you will be happy to know that particular comic is not canon.

I am very happy you've cleared that up for me...but it shits on my theory about Luke against Qui-Gon though lol

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Eminence
Before RotJ? And do they compare to Qui-Gon Jinn or Darth Vader?

Yes, but the novel makes it very clear that there's more to it than that.

Kenobi hesitated. He had both weapons, and then he simply did nothing. Anakin mocked him for his "compassion," and then Force-pushes him back and proceeds to nearly break his arms.

Was that in the revenge of the sith novel? (when Anakin mocked him)
i havent read it and it sounds pretty interesting.

Eminence
Yep.

You can read most of them right here. Good site.

kamikasiwill
It depends how the battle is sectioned.
Anakin & ObiWan in one location
and Luke and quigon in another

if they are seperated then i believe kenobi and quigon would win because they are a distinguished team so they have startegies

but i think if anakin keeps a cool head he is the strongest jedi in that battle

luke and qui gon i think are roughly equal because they are both good saber duelests but hey both have poor force skills

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by kamikasiwill
It depends how the battle is sectioned.
Anakin & ObiWan in one location
and Luke and quigon in another

if they are seperated then i believe kenobi and quigon would win because they are a distinguished team so they have startegies

but i think if anakin keeps a cool head he is the strongest jedi in that battle

luke and qui gon i think are roughly equal because they are both good saber duelests but hey both have poor force skills ****in Necro.

I call first dibs on its rotted orifices. eek! Happy Dance sick

REXXXX
That warrants a warning, Letum...

Letum Lettow
Why? Lock plz.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How does team 1 win? Obi deals with either Anakin or Luke and goes to help Jinn with the other. Simply really imo

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How does team 1 win? Obi deals with either Anakin or Luke and goes to help Jinn with the other. Simply really imo I doubt very much that Obi-Wan could defeat Anakin. But as I said in yesteryears, their fight would take long enough to give Qui-Gon time to jump in.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Nice match...

Skywalkers by maybe 5.5/10

I'll wait for others to join before I put more in. What is with this guys sig and avatar?

Lord Lucien
DarkSerpent? What, can't you see it?

Nephthys
The guy was a troll. His sig is suitably unpleasant.

truejedi
what are you talking about?

ares834
WOW! Three posts within 15 minutes in a single thread! That has got to be the record for the year!

truejedi
heck, you make 4 and i make 5. these aren't exactly on topic though... more like my counting game...

Lord Lucien
I was thoroughly weirded out by Being John Malkovich.

truejedi
kind sir, what are you talking about?

Lord Lucien
Malkovich? Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich!

truejedi
what does this have to do with your babble on the first page? !?!?

Slash_KMC
Yeah Canadian, this isn't the Battle Bar. You can't just post something unrelated to the topic at hand.

truejedi
well the topic at hand was just as confusing: Who is dark serpent, and what are they talking about?

Slash_KMC
Dark serpent just had a disturbing sig and avy. I'll ask him two years ago why he did it.

truejedi
what? your words are normal, but your language is wrong.

Slash_KMC
No, my words are normal, but my language is awesomely radically wickedly spectacular.

3 fishys
DArth maul rapes anakin

truejedi
the trolling is at an abnormally high level right now.

Slash_KMC
Worst. Use of Paint. Ever.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by 3 fishys
DArth maul rapes anakin

Epic fail.

mnat801
Qui gon would easily defeat luke, because luke had only little training from yoda and anh kenobi. and seeing obi won defeated anakin in rots, team 2 wins.

im suprised heaps of you say the skywalkers would take this one...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mnat801
and seeing obi won defeated anakin in rots No he didn't.

mnat801
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No he didn't. umm.. yes he did.

Lord Lucien
umm.. yes he did. I really hope you're not a sock.

I refer you to this thread, and the long, tedious back-and-forth I had with what's-his-face. And you, apparently, who never returned to the discussion.

mnat801
I really hope you're not a sock.

I refer you to this thread, and the long, tedious back-and-forth I had with what's-his-face. And you, apparently, who never returned to the discussion. I really hope your not a sook. kenobi clearly defeated anakin in the rots film - whether anakin was troubled or not. just accept it.

and, apparently, i dont spend my everyday life reading every single comment.

Jinsoku Takai
I really hope your not a sook.

I have to agree Lucien; I hope you're not a sook either. I have no idea what a sook is, but I don't think it's good.

WARChaelSonnen!
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
I have to agree Lucien; I hope you're not a sook either. I have no idea what a sook is, but I don't think it's good.

I see your MMA knowledge hasn't improved much btw.

BTW Art of War is now outdated and no longer very effective. Read a proper book like http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Voice-Reason-V-I-P-Enlightenment/dp/1936608545

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by WARChaelSonnen!
I see your MMA knowledge hasn't improved much btw.

BTW Art of War is now outdated and no longer very effective. Read a proper book like http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Voice-Reason-V-I-P-Enlightenment/dp/1936608545

My MMA knowledge is more than sufficient and that's all you need to know. As for the Art of War; it will NEVER be outdated.

And it was ***king hilarious watching Sonnen get K'dTFO by Silva and then denied by Bones...

mnat801
I have to agree Lucien; I hope you're not a sook either. I have no idea what a sook is, but I don't think it's good. a sook is a cry baby .

WARChaelSonnen!
My MMA knowledge is more than sufficient and that's all you need to know. As for the Art of War; it will NEVER be outdated.

And it was ***king hilarious watching Sonnen get K'dTFO by Silva and then denied by Bones...

lol laughing out loud

Silva had to cheat his way to that win and if you look at just rounds Chael is still 5-2 against him. In the rematch Chael wins easily as long as Silva fights fair.

According to Dana as long as he gets through Forrest (which he def will) he will get shit shot at Jones... and he could very well take it. Also lol at Jones running to Dana and telling on Chael, and asking Dana to make Chael stop trash talking him. If they do fight Chael will win the mental game no problem.

Out of curiosity what are your thoughts on the Vitor Jones fight?

Lord Lucien
a sook is a cry baby . You must be British.

Go read the damn novelization. If you refuse to just because you want to keep saying "No I'm right, shut up I don't want to be told I'm wrong" then there's no point discussing anything with you. For that matter, go read The Phantom Menace novelization and see why Qui-Gon isn't as great as you think he is.

Arhael
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
he's a jedi MASTER that rivaled Mace
Prove it.

Lord Lucien
Rudy's dead and gone. Let him stay that way.

mnat801
I'm sorry, but it's still boggling my mind that RotJ Luke is considered more powerful and skilled than Qui-Gon. WTFOMFG.

mnat801
You must be British.

Go read the damn novelization. If you refuse to just because you want to keep saying "No I'm right, shut up I don't want to be told I'm wrong" then there's no point discussing anything with you. For that matter, go read The Phantom Menace novelization and see why Qui-Gon isn't as great as you think he is. shutup you. Im from nz. i dont need to read the damn novelization because it clearly shows in the films that qui gon is a powerful jedi knight and that vader is almost an old robot that swings a sword like a kid. thats the best it gets in terms of proof, mate. go watch the damn film. your quote sounds more like you, and it seems like anakin/vader is your fav character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.