The Xmen vs The Incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
The Hulk has gone on a wild rampage, destroying everything in his path.

The X-men have been called in to bring him down. Magneto has agreed to help since Hulk's actions would only push forward the Mutant Registration act.

Team X-men and Magneto's Brotherhood

- Wolverine
- Cyclops
- Colossus
- Iceman
- Jean Grey
- Storm

- Magneto
- Victor Creed
- Pyro

The most powerful versions of the mutants are used from all three X-men films.

The most powerful version of the Hulk is used from any film that has featured him.

- Fight takes place in they city.
-------------------------------------------

Can the X-men and Brotherhood alliance bring down the green powerhouse?

Impediment
Jean could shut down the feeble mind of the Hulk, in my opinion.

Placidity
Really? I don't think she had any real TP feats though.

Master Crimzon
X-Men. EASILY.

Placidity
Lol, You know I was really expecting everyone to say Hulk.

Dark-Jaxx
Jean solos, and does it easily.

Robtard
Jean Grey isn't Dark Phoenix.

Ang Hulk took a gamma bomb blast, there's nothing any of the mutants could do to permanently bring Hulk down from a physical standpoint, just be a matter of time before Hulk picks them off one by one, including Dark Phoenix if she's included.

Edit: Does Jean have mind control abilities like Xavier? Also, does the Hulk have his mind control resistance like in the comics due to his dual personalities? He was never attacked this way in the movies, so?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Robtard

Ang Hulk took a gamma bomb blast, there's nothing any of the mutants could do to permanently bring Hulk down from a physical standpoint, just be a matter of time before Hulk picks them off one by one, including Dark Phoenix if she's included.

Edit: Does Jean have mind control abilities like Xavier? Also, does the Hulk have his mind control resistance like in the comics due to his dual personalities? He was never attacked this way in the movies, so?

"The most powerful versions of the mutants are used from all three X-men films."

Which leaves Hulk in some serious trouble from my point of view. Dark Phoenix can unless he has a regeneration capacity near Wolverines do absolutely nothing against her.

Robtard
Yes, he also specifically named Jean Grey; not Dark Phoenix, either way, ang Hulk healed completely within seconds after being bombed. So if she's going to win this, it will be if she has the ability to shut down the Hulk's mind.

Shalimar_fox
The rules stated the most powerful from all three movies.Jean is still Jean since in X3 she was called Jean time after time.

Master Crimzon
Yeah, how about Magneto traps Hulk in a metallic prison (this is a city. Lots of metal). He can bring skyscrapers on Hulk's head, or trap him in a jail made out of car-material.

Even if that won't put Hulk down permanently, Jean can just take advantage of the situation and mind-rape Hulk. I also have this feeling that Hulk won't withstand the combined power of Cyclops', Pyro's, and Storm's blasts. Especially if a skyscraper falls on his head while that happens.

Robtard
Hulk tears apart Abrams tanks and tosses them miles away, iron girders and cars aren't going to hold him.

Is it a stupid feeling? He survived a gamma bomb (looked like a nuclear explosion+), you think a few optic blast from Cyclops, some fire from Pyro and wind, lighting and rain from Storm are going to hurt him much? He had thousands and thousands of tons of rock fall on his head, yet he survived, a skyscraper falling on him won't put him down.

Again, the only thing that the mutants have is Jean and IF she has the ability to take him out with an attack to his mind. I don't recall her being able to control minds like Xavier?

ragesRemorse

you're insane. Dark Phoenix would erase the Hulk.

She's not in this face off so, thats neither here nor there, but i think Jean is powerful enough to shut off the Hulks mind.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
The rules stated the most powerful from all three movies.Jean is still Jean since in X3 she was called Jean time after time.

Jean WASN'T in X3 it was the Dark Phoenix from beginning to end.

Shalimar_fox
No I'm saying her TK can.(Even while in Phoenix she is still Jean)

About the telepathy it's funny.Remember in x1 when toad and sabetooth had rogue .(The scene when Magneto stop the bullet from hitting the cop)I don't know if it was only Pr.X's doing but Sabertooth and Toad we're being controled by either both Jean and Pr.X or just Pr.x(remember they both where in the cop car)

People either way it was Jean.What just becuase she go's under the name of Dark Phoenix you say it's not her.Well it was jean body so it's Jean.Even it was some clone of her it wasn't stated so we have no choice but to go by jean a.k.a Dark Phoenix

That's like saying MYSTIQUE isn't still mystique when see has shape shifted

ragesRemorse
I can't say that i remember that. It's been a few years since ive seen the first xmen movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you're insane. Dark Phoenix would erase the Hulk.

She's not in this face off so, thats neither here nor there, but i think Jean is powerful enough to shut off the Hulks mind.

You're silly. Physically, how would she? She turned people and other mutants into dust, they don't have Hulk's durability though, not even close and Hulk has a healing factor. If she's able to produce more heat and force than a gamma bomb explosion, sure. Can she?

I don't recall her having that ability, did she do it in the movies? If so and if Hulk is susceptable, this will be the way Hulk loses.

Master Crimzon
Hulk tears apart Abrams tanks and tosses them miles away, iron girders and cars aren't going to hold him.

When they're holding on to him with the power of one of the most powerful mutants in existence? Hell yeah. Long enough for him to either be mind-raped or hit with the focused energy of the concussion blasts, lightning bolts, fire, ice, and whatever. That'll at least slow him down long enough for his mind to be shut down by Jean. If it's Dark Phoenix, she can just disintergrate him with a wave of her hand.

Shalimar_fox
But we all must remember that it was never stated the (THE MOVIE)Phoenix was an entity but merely an part of Jeans personality that Pr.X had blocked.Thus make her Jean

ragesRemorse
You're silly. Physically, how would she? She turned people and other mutants into dust, they don't have Hulk's durability though, not even close and Hulk has a healing factor.

I don't recall her having that ability, did she do it in the movies?

She didn't just turn them to dust, she vaporized them instantaneously, effortlessly . The only reason she didn't disintegrate Wolverine is because Jean was fighting against the Phoenix. Hulks healing factor is useless and i don't even know why you believe it would defend against Jeans telekinesis and overall psychic abilities. How is the Hulks' healing factor going to defend against being thrown into space or having his mind shut off?

Robtard
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
She didn't just turn them to dust, she vaporized them instantaneously, effortlessly . The only reason she didn't disintegrate Wolverine is because Jean was fighting against the Phoenix. Hulks healing factor is useless and i don't even know why you believe it would defend against Jeans telekinesis and overall psychic abilities. How is the Hulks' healing factor going to defend against being thrown into space or having his mind shut off?

You're assuming she could produce enough heat and energy to completely burn the hulk away, may I remind you yet again that the Hulk withstood a gamma bomb. His healing factor just adds to the equation of him surviving her attacks. So, is there any indictation in the movies that her attacks are considerably more lethal than being hit by a gamma bomb at ground zero?

As far the mental assualts, I ask gain, can Jean destroy minds? I can't remember from the movies.

Robtard
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
When they're holding on to him with the power of one of the most powerful mutants in existence? Hell yeah. Long enough for him to either be mind-raped or hit with the focused energy of the concussion blasts, lightning bolts, fire, ice, and whatever. That'll at least slow him down long enough for his mind to be shut down by Jean. If it's Dark Phoenix, she can just disintergrate him with a wave of her hand.

Hulk is equally "one of the most powerful mutants in existance". Any attack the mutants can muster do not compare with what Hulk has been shown to withstand (a gamma bomb), so just stop with that nonsense, I already showed you above/other page.

Can Jean/DP destroy minds, I don't recall, can you give me an example from the movies of this? If so, this would be the way Hulk loses.

rox
in the comics jean split hulks mind from banners in order to fight onslaught

Placidity
Sorry guys, I should have made it clearer. I meant Jean Grey and not Dark Phoenix.

It's just that in the comics Phoenix was another entity so I didn't bother specifying it was Jean.

But I guess in the movie its just another personality.

Jean Grey guys, not the earth destroying Phoenix!

Placidity
I feel I need to apologize again lol, cause you guys have already got well into the debate with different assumptions/interpretations of who I meant by Jean.

Sorry sad

Vaiem
Without Phoenix, the Hulk would have to take the X-Men, but the X-Men could probably escape if they had to with minimal casualties. With Phoenix, its not even really a fight.

Master Crimzon
Hulk is equally "one of the most powerful mutants in existance". Any attack the mutants can muster do not compare with what Hulk has been shown to withstand (a gamma bomb), so just stop with that nonsense, I already showed you above/other page.

Can Jean/DP destroy minds, I don't recall, can you give me an example from the movies of this? If so, this would be the way Hulk loses.

No, I can't quite recall Jean actually destroying someone's mind within the films; she can, however, influence minds and use telekinesis. It's plausible that she can influence Hulk's mind to surpress his rage and cause him to revert back to the Bruce Banner form. I mean, really, we know she's a highly powerful telepath, so surpressing someone's rage shouldn't be -that- tough for her.

And you're right that Hulk withstood the force of a gamma bomb; however, that doesn't mean that he'll be able to break out of Magneto's metal-cage. Perhaps he rips a bridge apart and uses it to tie up the Hulk? He manipulated a bridge back in The Last Stand. You don't have to damage the Hulk in order to subdue him; if Magneto restricts his ability to move, that should give Jean the opening necessary to alter his mind.

NonSensi-Klown
No, I can't quite recall Jean actually destroying someone's mind within the films; she can, however, influence minds and use telekinesis. It's plausible that she can influence Hulk's mind to surpress his rage and cause him to revert back to the Bruce Banner form. I mean, really, we know she's a highly powerful telepath, so surpressing someone's rage shouldn't be -that- tough for her.

When Professor X tried to enter Huc's mind the feedback raped him. Certainly possible here.

Because Mr. "I can outrun attack helicopters and can jump miles" will be caught by Magneto's slow ass metal TK?

Please. Hulk wins without too much difficulty.

Shalimar_fox
Originally posted by Placidity
Sorry guys, I should have made it clearer. I meant Jean Grey and not Dark Phoenix.

It's just that in the comics Phoenix was another entity so I didn't bother specifying it was Jean.

But I guess in the movie its just another personality.

Jean Grey guys, not the earth destroying Phoenix!

Now you've just made the fight unfair.Everyone of knows that an rampaging Hulk could crush the X-men without the Phoenix helping them.So with that said why would you even make this thread with such an unfair advantage.We all are not sure if jean did or did not use telepathy in the movies.Now in this case it's useless to even post anymore.

NonSensi-Klown
Even Phoenix from the movie would lose based on feats. What's her best attack? Dissolving people the same she failed against Wolverine?

Shalimar_fox
What were the Hulks movie feats?

NonSensi-Klown
Surviving a nuclear bomb at ground zero. Catching missiles with his hands and throwing them back, hurling tanks literally miles.

There's a lot more.

Shalimar_fox
Yea.i'll have check it out.Though I hate Hulk just as I hate wolive and superman.(It takes the fun out when some of these charactors are to hard to beat)

NonSensi-Klown
Jean "I can disintegrate people with a thought" Gray isn't hard to beat?

Shalimar_fox
~I'm talking about the comics.not the movies.Also I like jean or some what like her.Yes she's to dang hard to beat also.~

Placidity
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Even Phoenix from the movie would lose based on feats. What's her best attack? Dissolving people the same she failed against Wolverine?

Come on...

This has been discussed many times now. Phoenix wasn't trying (or using full effort) to kill Wolverine.

Common sense should tell you that:

Earth-Destroying Mutant/Omega Level/ "Class 5" >>>>> Wolverine

But here is some solid evidence Phoenix could have raped him easily:

- As shown, Phoenix can disintegrate people INSTANTANEOUSLY.

- Over all 3 X-men movies, Wolverine cannot heal at a rate faster than she can disintegrate, i.e INSTANTANEOUSLY. All his healing feats show that his HF takes some time (at least several seconds).

- She blasted him with a few "telekinetic waves" from the front to slow him down. In her full attack, she disintegrates the whole body at once, not "waves blasts" in one direction.

- If she was really trying to kill him, and FAILED with her main disintegration attack (an impossible "IF" btw), she could have mind raped him, or more likely used her telekinesis to smash him around or at least push him back like she first did to him in the X-men basement/institute.

- As above, she could have raped him the way Magneto has raped him over the trilogy.

Magneto: I can control metal...but you (Phoenix) can do anything.

NonSensi-Klown
This has been discussed many times now. Phoenix wasn't trying (or using full effort) to kill Wolverine.

This has been canonically proven?

Common sense should tell you that:

Earth-Destroying Mutant/Omega Level/ "Class 5" >>>>> Wolverine

I honestly can't even remember where it was proven she was world destroying in the movie.

When? Every time I remember seeing her do it it happens gradually.

He also usually receives much more damage at a much sudden rate. It's not gradual like hers.

Don't remember. Sorry. I haven't seen the movie in years.

Can anyone post her stuff?

But I'm only talking about the disintegration. I'm quite aware she could have mind raped him.

Doesn't matter though. Hulk's taken a nuclear bomb, a force that is strong enough to instantly vaporize buildings, at it's strongest point, without being KO'd.

Placidity

I honestly can't even remember where it was proven she was world destroying in the movie.

- Given that she has shown to disintegrate instantaneously anything just with her mind, what causes you to think otherwise?

- It is based on Dark Phoenix in the comics, which is a world-destroyer. Arguably, in the movie, there is no evidence she is as powerful as her comic counterpart. But there's also no proof against it. So again, what causes you to think otherwise?

- Charles said she would have been too powerful if he hadn't placed the mental blocks.

- Magneto further describes her as a goddess, and she can do anything she could think of.

When? Every time I remember seeing her do it it happens gradually.

Watched it again just then. Charles dies instantaneously. Several other similar cases in the final fight scene as well. Some get disintegrated almost instantaneously from head to toe.

- That proves she is capable of instantaneous disintegration.

He also usually receives much more damage at a much sudden rate. It's not gradual like hers.

Edit: Her disintergration attack at full power is not gradual as proven above.

Doesn't matter though. Hulk's taken a nuclear bomb, a force that is strong enough to instantly vaporize buildings, at it's strongest point, without being KO'd.

While the word gamma bomb definitely sounds impressive, there's no evidence to suggest that it's more powerful than Phoenix's disintegration. They both work differently I believe. Phoenix uses telekinesis to rip atoms of the body apart.

Also, just if anyone is interested - In a deleted scene in X3, Phoenix was shown to be able to manipulate matter at the atomic level, and used it to almost kill the rebel mutants at Magneto's camp. She rearranged a tin can into a substance (?) that was emitting large amounts of radiation and she was blasting the mutants with it/ Or it was passively damaging them, not sure.

This was right after Magneto said she could do anything she could think of, and she proves his point.

Robtard
The people/mutants Phoenix turned to dust did not have Hulk's durability, not even within range. So was it stated or shown she can disintegrate anything no matter what, or are her destructive powers limited to what she's trying to destroy, i.e. could she disintegrate a tank as easily as she could disintegrate a squirrel?

Edit:

Didn't see this, if true, then there it is.

Hulk would (eventually) destroy all them though if Jean doesn't have her DP powers.

Placidity
This topic doesn't include DP anyway... But I just addressing the myth that Wolverine could withstand DP's full power.

ragesRemorse
You're assuming she could produce enough heat and energy to completely burn the hulk away, may I remind you yet again that the Hulk withstood a gamma bomb. His healing factor just adds to the equation of him surviving her attacks. So, is there any indictation in the movies that her attacks are considerably more lethal than being hit by a gamma bomb at ground zero?

As far the mental assualts, I ask gain, can Jean destroy minds? I can't remember from the movies.

I wasn't assuming that she was using heat to destroy her enemies in the first place. Heat doesn't implode the human body into a million floating particles. Jean never destroyed anyone's mind in X3 but in X2 it was said that Xavier had that ability. Also, in X2, Jason was able to overcome Xaviers mind and keep it stagnate. The Dark Phoenix is a more powerful telepath than both, jason and Xavier.

Master Crimzon
Actually, Hulk wouldn't destroy them even if Jean isn't there. Some of them can just fly away.

But they're not capable of launching sufficient damage to kill the Hulk by themselves; however, who's to say Jean can't- like I already said- surpress the Hulk's rage and cause him to revert back to Bruce Banner form?

Darth Martin
Magneto, Storm, and Cyclops can put him down.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Magneto, Storm, and Cyclops can put him down.

How exactly?

rox
How exactly?

dude cyclops can take of his visor and obliterate hulk because his optic blast would be at full power. look at how he made jean come out of her sleep in x3 when he blasted the water at full strenth. if storm loses her temper and her powers get out of control she would take out hulk and her team mates not to mention probably the whole damn planet. magneto could just cause him to have a heart attack or rip the iron out of his body.

Darth Martin
Hulk was being effected by grenades. Imagine Scott taking off his visor. In X2 Storm was creating multiple massive tornadoes........at the same time(Hulk is ****ed). Magneto can get enough debris if there in any metropolitan city to hold his own.

NonSensi-Klown
Hulk was being effected by grenades.

Uh-no. Hulk was tanking nuclear bombs.

Scott hasn't shown anything in the movies that rivals a nuclear bomb. No one has.

Hulk's taken... ya know. Nuclear bombs. And he's also fallen multiple kilometers. Hulk fell off that jet right before it started to reach the atmosphere. He fell all that distance and it only made him angrier. Tornados aren't hurting the Hulk.

Nah.

Robtard
Hulk was being effected by grenades. Imagine Scott taking off his visor. In X2 Storm was creating multiple massive tornadoes........at the same time(Hulk is ****ed). Magneto can get enough debris if there in any metropolitan city to hold his own.
Originally posted by rox
dude cyclops can take of his visor and obliterate hulk because his optic blast would be at full power. look at how he made jean come out of her sleep in x3 when he blasted the water at full strenth. if storm loses her temper and her powers get out of control she would take out hulk and her team mates not to mention probably the whole damn planet. magneto could just cause him to have a heart attack or rip the iron out of his body.

Did you watch the movie, seriously? They were a mild nuisance, those grenades

A)He took an (tank) amour piercing round to the chest and all he had to show for it was a grimace and some rubbing of the area.

B)He had thousands and thousands of tons of rock crash down on him.

C)He did a free-fall from the stratosphere-mesosphere into the SF bay.

D)He survived a gamma bomb (nuclear+) explosion.

Optic blast, storms and chunks of metal will be nothing more than a nuisance and only serve to make him angrier, stronger and bigger.

Edit: Just saw that the crazy negro above said what I said.

Master Crimzon
Sorry, Blax, didn't see your post 'till now.

When Professor X tried to enter Huc's mind the feedback raped him. Certainly possible here.

Possible. But Jean Grey possesses stamina and raw power vastly in access of Professor X's- while she isn't as masterful, it's plausible that she won't experience the same result.

If we're using comic feats, though, they utterly rape him. Most X-Men Characters are VASTLY superior in their comic book incarnations.

Because Mr. "I can outrun attack helicopters and can jump miles" will be caught by Magneto's slow ass metal TK?

RIGHT, because his TK is slow-ass. It's not.

Also, amount makes up for quality. Hulk isn't dodging cars, debris, and perhaps sharp objects coming at him from every angle.

POriginally posted by NonSensi-Klown
lease. Hulk wins without too much difficulty.

Doubt it. My money is still on Magneto (and perhaps Storm/Cyclops) restraining him and Jean Grey reverting him to Bruce Banner.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk from the movie isn't intensely less powerful than his comic incarnation.

The X-Men in the movie might as well be homeless people.

-AC

bakerboy
Wich feat from movie hulk was as powerful as his comic version??? none at all.

Xavier, magneto, storm and jean grey powers combinated are too much for the hulk.

Robtard
Originally posted by bakerboy
Wich feat from movie hulk was as powerful as his comic version??? none at all.

Xavier, magneto, storm and jean grey powers combinated are too much for the hulk.

Did you bother to either read any point that was stated and re-stated above or actually pay attention when watching the movie?

With the exception of Jean and her having the possibility of somehow bringing the Hulk down with a mental assault, the others have nothing to attack with that comes close to what the Ang-Hulk was shown to take.

bakerboy
Did you bother to either read any point that was stated and re-stated above or actually pay attention when watching the movie?

With the exception of Jean and her having the possibility of somehow bringing the Hulk down with a mental assault, the others have nothing to attack with that comes close to what the Ang-Hulk was shown to take.

First of all, wich hulk is this one??? The ang lee version or the leterrier version???

Second: magneto metal powers( he could atack with all the metal of the city against the hulk), xavier( his mental powers coud dominate the hulk as he did with toad and sabertooth or calm the hulk and becoming banner), storm( storms, rays, twisters, etc agains the hulk), and jean( same that xavier). Those guys togheter will beat the hulk .

And those guys arent army with normal weapons, they are mutans with superpowers. And not only one as abomination or absorbing man.

Alpha Centauri
Storms...rays...twisters?

What is wind and rain actually going to do? Cos I swear all Storm fans are idiots.

-AC

Robtard
First of all, wich hulk is this one??? The ang lee version or the leterrier version???

Second: magneto metal powers( he could atack with all the metal of the city against the hulk), xavier( his mental powers coud dominate the hulk as he did with toad and sabertooth or calm the hulk and becoming banner), storm( storms, rays, twisters, etc agains the hulk), and jean( same that xavier). Those guys togheter will beat the hulk .

And those guys arent army with normal weapons, they are mutans with superpowers. And not only one as abomination or absorbing man.

The most powerful versions of the movies are to be used, as per the thread starter, if you read it, you would know.

Xavier isn't included, if you read the thread, you'd know.

If you bothered to even glimpse through the thread, you'd see the Hulk survived far greater damage than anything Magneto, Storm, Cyclops or Sabretooth could dish-out.

Darth Martin
Uh-no. Hulk was tanking nuclear bombs. When? Are we talking Ang Lee or Ed Norton Hulk?

Robtard
When? Are we talking Ang Lee or Ed Norton Hulk?

The most powerful version of the Hulk is used from any film that has featured him.

Mairuzu
Easy battle, even wolverine can solo hulk

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Easy battle, even wolverine can solo hulk

Your mocking aside, I'll admit that debating these vs battles is equal parts sad and retarded, but that doesn't mean that logic has to be thrown out the ****ing window (which is common) because the topic is idiotic.

bakerboy
Ok, its the ang lee's hulk. Ok, Xavier isnt here. Clear things. Now, next question is: when some hulk fanboys like you and others will stop to act like total dumbasses and idiots and stop overrating hulk because is your favorite hero??' I mean, batman, iron man and spider-man are my favourite characters but im not saying that they would beat superman or thor or galactus or doctor strange or whoever. Please dudes, stop your crazy and silly fanboysm and post the things in a logic way. I know, its hard to do with fantasy characters, but come on.

We have here Jean Grey, she has telephaty and telekinesis. She is almost as great with her telepathic powers as Xavier, and better when she is phoenix. She could do the same with the hulk's mind as xavier did with sabertooth and toad. In fact, not sure but i think that jean was helping xavier to controll toad and sabertooth. She could calm and controll the hulk or damage his mind.

Next, we have storm with her rays, her twisters, etc. It couldnt kill the hulk, ok, but it could stop him for a while or for a long time and give him troubles.

Now, we have magneto, he is the master of magnetism. He has an entire city with bulidings, cars, buses, trucks, planes, helicopters, bombs, guns, tanks, bridges, etc, etc. Did you see what he did with that bridge in x-men 3??? He could use the iron in Hulk's body or trapp him in a metal prission or shoot him troubles with all the metal of the city. And there is the telekinesis of Jean Grey joining her forces with him. And storm.

And then , cyclops, wolverine, etc, who could give some problems to the hulk. Not beat him, but cause some troubles to him.

And in the other hand, there is the hulk. Hulk is one of the better guys talking about a phsichal fight. But he isnt in a phischal fight this time. He is dealing with people who doesnt need to touch him to hurt him. People who can fly, people very intelligent like magneto or jean grey. And a lot of people. The hulk is only a guy with a great strength, but a dumb giant with only incredible strenght and durabilty. He needs to touch his rivals to hurt them. Those people not, at least in jean grey, storm or magneto, doestn need to touch him to hurt him.

NonSensi-Klown
I was going to take your post seriously, but then I read the first paragraph and I realized that you're an idiot and not worth the time.

Thus, I will ignore it and move on.

I agree.

But... I think we're using the term "possible" too much for it to really matter. erm

Yeah, it is. How long did it take him to rip the bridge apart then levitate it over to Alcatraz? The idea that Magneto can "rip off a bridge then tie Huc up with it" is ridiculous.

Tell me again why he can dodge machine gun fire and dodge/ catch missles, but can't dodge/slap metal out of the way?

Show me Megneto's best levitation speed feat.

K-Dog
If Magneto can move the Golden Gate bridge then he could hurt the Hulk wil metal weapons I would think. He could suspend him in a metal prison while squezzing/stabbing him. Juggernaut could probably stun him with a running attack. Colossus may be able to trade a few blows and slow him down (Colossus was hit by a large flying rock in the head in the danger room). Tornadoes and optic blasts would keep him in range for the first three guys I mentioned.

Robtard
It's funny how people continuously ignore what (Ang) Hulk survived and claim he'd be taken down by something much weaker.

Master Crimzon
I agree.

But... I think we're using the term "possible" too much for it to really matter. erm

Hell, I know, but unfortunately, the source material- which is limited to three movies with no literary descriptions of the feats- is far more limited that what we could use in other debates. Speculation is our only option. no expression

Yeah, it is. How long did it take him to rip the bridge apart then levitate it over to Alcatraz? The idea that Magneto can "rip off a bridge then tie Huc up with it" is ridiculous.

It took him some time, but it was a very large object.

Still, like I've said before, quantity can make up for it. In a city, where metal basically everywhere, Magneto- who can exert limitless power over metal- can bring down the entire city on Hulk. 'Specially since he doesn't give a damn about hurting humans.

Tell me again why he can dodge machine gun fire and dodge/ catch missles, but can't dodge/slap metal out of the way?

Levitation speed feat? Well, we know that he used that iron in that dude's blood to move it at invisible speeds, but that was a small object. Nothing indicates that Hulk's blood is heavy on iron, anyway. If it was, Magneto could solo.

Again, Hulk isn't gonna dodge the whole city being thrown at him. That's more than enough time for Jean to mind-rape him.

The other X-Men are virtual non-factors.

Robtard
Still, like I've said before, quantity can make up for it. In a city, where metal basically everywhere, Magneto- who can exert limitless power over metal- can bring down the entire city on Hulk. 'Specially since he doesn't give a damn about hurting humans.

Again, Hulk isn't gonna dodge the whole city being thrown at him. That's more than enough time for Jean to mind-rape him.

Points you overlook:

1)Magneto has his limits as to how he can exert his power, as seen in the first movie, he couldn't bring an entire city down on Hulk's head in an instance (not that it would matter much, see #2); if he tried, he'd be severely exhausted or dead. You also assume Magneto will have free reign will trying this, it's safe to assume if a few cars and shit come crashing into Hulk, he will respond with an attack(s) on Magneto and Hulk only needs one hit to kill Magneto.

2)The Hulk had thousands upon thousands tons of rock come crashing down on his head(@3:20), he survived. He also survived a gamma bomb explosion at ground zero. Top that?

3) Can Jean "mind-rape"? I don't recall her doing this, there's also the factor of 'can Hulk be mind-raped', as he has a dual personality. This would be the mutants only chance and it is an uncertainty.

bakerboy
I was going to take your post seriously, but then I read the first paragraph and I realized that you're an idiot and not worth the time.

Thus, I will ignore it and move on.

I agree.

I dont know if you are talking to me, but if is in this way, i dont care.

By the way, people ignoring what hulk survived??? See what magneto or jean grey could do in the movies.

Robtard

See what magneto or jean grey could do in the movies.

That would be nothing more powerful than what the Hulk survived. (which iof course you'll just continue to ignore while ranting like an idiot)

The only chance the mutants have is Jean and the possibility of her doing something to his mind, which is inconclusive.

bakerboy
That would be nothing more powerful than what the Hulk survived. (which iof course you'll just continue to ignore while ranting like an idiot)

The only chance the mutants have is Jean and the possibility of her doing something to his mind, which is inconclusive.

Clearly, you are the idiot, only one little fanboy still overrating his favourite character, the hulk in this case.

The question is, what the hulk could do against magneto o jean grey???
Punching them??? throwing a car against them?? Dude, if you think it , you are an idiot. the hulk only has phsichal strength and endurance. That is a joke for someone as magneto or jean grey.

Master Crimzon
Points you overlook:

1)Magneto has his limits as to how he can exert his power, as seen in the first movie, he couldn't bring an entire city down on Hulk's head in an instance (not that it would matter much, see #2); if he tried, he'd be severely exhausted or dead. You also assume Magneto will have free reign will trying this, it's safe to assume if a few cars and shit come crashing into Hulk, he will respond with an attack(s) on Magneto and Hulk only needs one hit to kill Magneto.

Video, please?

And I'm not saying he'll actually hurt the Hulk. He most certainly won't be able to- he can restrain him to give Jean the opening she needs to mind-own him. I think Magneto can restrain him for considerable time.

2)The Hulk had thousands upon thousands tons of rock come crashing down on his head(@3:20), he survived. He also survived a gamma bomb explosion at ground zero. Top that?

Mind-rape. Magneto can restrain him, not hurt him physically.

3) Can Jean "mind-rape"? I don't recall her doing this, there's also the factor of 'can Hulk be mind-raped', as he has a dual personality. This would be the mutants only chance and it is an uncertainty.

Destroy minds? No. But can't she repress the Hulk's rage and personality, and cause him to revert back to Bruce Banner form? I think that should be very much within the limits of her abilities.

Robtard
Clearly, you are the idiot, only one little fanboy still overrating his favourite character, the hulk in this case.

The question is, what the hulk could do against magneto o jean grey???
Punching them??? throwing a car against them?? Dude, if you think it , you are an idiot. the hulk only has phsichal strength and endurance. That is a joke for someone as magneto or jean grey.

I'm going to spell it out simply for you, since you're a complete moron and will continue to argue from a moron's angle. Hulk CAN kill them, they can't kill Hulk, unless Jean's mind shit works that way, which as noted, is inconclusive.

Punching would kill them, as would being hit by a chunk of sidewalk coming at them at 100+ mph. Hulk can also run at around 300 mph, I'd think being trampled by the Hulk would kill someone of human physical endurance.

Repeat: So, what could they do now that is more powerful than what he was shown to survive in the movie?

Robtard
Video, please?

And I'm not saying he'll actually hurt the Hulk. He most certainly won't be able to- he can restrain him to give Jean the opening she needs to mind-own him. I think Magneto can restrain him for considerable time.

Mind-rape. Magneto can restrain him, not hurt him physically.

Destroy minds? No. But can't she repress the Hulk's rage and personality, and cause him to revert back to Bruce Banner form? I think that should be very much within the limits of her abilities.

In the first movie, he transferred his powers to Rogue, because exhausting that much of his powers would have killed him. Trying to bring down a city ontop of the Hulk would easily exert that much or more of his power. I.E. Using his powers puts a physical strain on him, the more power, the more the strain.

Hulk opened up Abrams tanks like they were tinfoil, he also was able to exert enough force to throw an Abrams tank (65 tons) several miles in a matter of seconds. Magneto isn't going to hold him for very long, if at all.

While I agree that this is the only way they could stop (not kill) the Hulk, it's unknown if she could.

Dark-Jaxx
Show me Megneto's best levitation speed feat. Stopping a bullet right as it was like a millimeter from a dude's head.

Blinky
I've been reading this whole thread and nobody has proven that either Magneto or Jean can do anything to restrain or "mind-rape" the Hulk. When push comes to shove these are the only two mutants who have a chance of stopping the Angs Hulk. As we all know Magneto in movies had limited power compared to that of the comics. Let's say that Magneto could throw a bridge at the Hulk , the Hulk would have NO PROBLEM ripping it to shreads and or dodging it as proven by the movie.

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk never ripped a bridge of that size to shreds.

Blinky
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Hulk never ripped a bridge of that size to shreds.

Even if he can't then like I said, he can EASILY jump over it or dodge it. As somebody pointed out Magneto, (in X3) was moving that bridge slower than Christ coming back . Hulk can easily jump over the bridge and punch off Mag's head.

Dark-Jaxx
Sure.

But when you said sumthin wrong or based on nothing, I'm gonna call ya out on it. wink

Blinky
Sure.

But when you said sumthin wrong or based on nothing, I'm gonna call ya out on it. wink

Well who said I still don't think he could rip the bridge to shreads? The way he ripps apart & throws around tanks/helis makes me believe he could easiler tear a bridge apart.

Lets put it this way... if Mags does throw a bridge at Hulk only a small percentage of the bridge's surface area would actually come into contact with the Hulk and the Hulk could easily smash through any single steel beam coming at him.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blinky
Well who said I still don't think he could rip the bridge to shreads? The way he ripps apart & throws around tanks/helis makes me believe he could easiler tear a bridge apart.

Lets put it this way... if Mags does throw a bridge at Hulk only a small percentage of the bridge's surface area would actually come into contact with the Hulk and the Hulk could easily smash through any single steel beam coming at him. Lol.

you said he could easily rip the ENTIRE bridge to shreds. Not that he could break a hole through one and be safe.

Oh and btw...If that bridge landed on Hulk, he WOULD be crushed. What with not having a single strength feat to say he could lift the bridge.

Blinky
Lol.

you said he could easily rip the ENTIRE bridge to shreds. Not that he could break a hole through one and be safe.

Oh and btw...If that bridge landed on Hulk, he WOULD be crushed. What with not having a single strength feat to say he could lift the bridge.

Well I still think he could ripp apart the bridge, but I doubt he would want to do that in a middle of a fight. So like I said, Hulk would just need to jump at the Bridge (the bridge would be moving reallllllly slow) and crush a hole in it and be safe. Either way Mag's skills in all the movies are weak Hulk would'nt need to worry about him too much.

Robtard

B)He had thousands and thousands of tons of rock crash down on him.

/repeat

He also dug his way through the SF streets like a ****ing badger, he'd have no problem punching and tearing a Hulk-sized hole in that bridge.

Oh, did you forget the survived a gamma bomb? I think that puts out considerable more force than a bridge falling on Hulk, taking into acocunt that the Hulk would just sit there and wait for a slow as bridge to hit him.

Dark-Jaxx
/repeat

He also dug his way through the SF streets like a ****ing badger, he'd have no problem punching and tearing a Hulk-sized hole in that bridge.

Oh, did you forget the survived a gamma bomb? I think that puts out considerable more force than a bridge falling on Hulk, taking into acocunt that the Hulk would just sit there and wait for a slow as bridge to hit him. Never said it would.

Sure, the bridge would not kill Hulk.

But under that much weight he would not be able to move. smile

Alpha Centauri
Man, a lot of terribly biased Hulkhaters here.

-AC

Robtard
Never said it would.

Sure, the bridge would not kill Hulk.

But under that much weight he would not be able to move. smile

Dig you miss the scenes that show just how strong he is? Like digging his way of out several tons and tons of rubble(I posted a link to it previously), or digging his way through the streets?

Now apply those feats to a bridge made of steel girders, concrete and asphalt. Hint:He'd just dig his way out. This is considering there is a bridge to be used and the Hulk is not able to avoid it despite his ability to jump several miles and run at 300+ mph. *some smilie posted to make me feel I'm right*

bakerboy
In the first movie, he transferred his powers to Rogue, because exhausting that much of his powers would have killed him. Trying to bring down a city ontop of the Hulk would easily exert that much or more of his power. I.E. Using his powers puts a physical strain on him, the more power, the more the strain.

Hulk opened up Abrams tanks like they were tinfoil, he also was able to exert enough force to throw an Abrams tank (65 tons) several miles in a matter of seconds. Magneto isn't going to hold him for very long, if at all.

While I agree that this is the only way they could stop (not kill) the Hulk, it's unknown if she could.

I see so many hulk fanboys here.

Lets see , Magneto was exhausted because he transfered his powers to rogue, and he prefered that the machine would kill rogue in stead of himself, not because the use of his powers could kill him. Not as in all the movies, he wasnt exhausted at any moment whe he is using his powers. See for instance the bridge scene, he wasnt exhausted at all.

Second, magneto also can fly. How on hell he could be that idiot and waits for the hulk catching him.

Third, jean grey mind powers are almost as powerful as xavier's. See in the car scene when xavier controlled toad and sabertooth. Jean was helping him to do it. Why she couldnt do it or even mind rape him, or even calm him and transform him in Banner again???

fourth, the hulk has only strenght and endurance, and he is DUMB. Magneto is very clever, jean grey also. The others arent stupid at all. They could use their powers combinated with a plan and beat the hulk in one of the many ways posted before. So many to choose.

To be the fan of a character doesnt mean to overrate him. In fact, i like more the hulk than the x-men, but the hulk couldnt beat someone with magneto's powers or jean grey's.

Robtard
First: If me or anyone else had countered with a "Hulk just wins", you'd have a point with your little "fanboy" rants, but everyone has used actual scenes/feats from the movie to debate on behalf of the Hulk. So you're an idiot.

Second: Magneto used Rogue because he knew that using that much power would have killed him, this was a key point of the story, Magneto was trying to be righteous on his war on humanity, but he wouldn't sacrifice himself, Wolverine even mentioned this, you stupid ****ing idiot.

Third: Jean is telepathic and telekinetic, that in of itself doesn't equate to "mind control" and it is inconclusive if she was helping Xavier or if she was, if she could do it alone. Repeat: Her mind powers would be the only way the mutants could win and it's inconclusive, you completely senseless moron.

Fourth: As noted, Magneto couldn't do anything to Hulk that he hasn't been shown to survive in the movie. Which of course you'll just continue to ignore and continue ranting about bridges and tornados, little chimp.

bakerboy
First: If me or anyone else had countered with a "Hulk just wins", you'd have a point with your little "fanboy" rants, but everyone has used actual scenes/feats from the movie to debate on behalf of the Hulk. So you're an idiot.

Second: Magneto used Rogue because he knew that using that much power would have killed him, this was a key point of the story, Magneto was trying to be righteous on his war on humanity, but he wouldn't sacrifice himself, Wolverine even mentioned this, you stupid ****ing idiot.

Third: Jean is telepathic and telekinetic, that in of itself doesn't equate to "mind control" and it is inconclusive if she was helping Xavier or if she was, if she could do it alone. Repeat: Her mind powers would be the only way the mutants could win and it's inconclusive, you completely senseless moron.

Fourth: As noted, Magneto couldn't do anything to Hulk that he hasn't been shown to survive in the movie. Which of course you'll just continue to ignore and continue ranting about bridges and tornados, little chimp.

First of all, i love your insults, it makes me to love you even more, dear honey. Because after all those insults, i really know that you love me.

About your crack staments:

the first one: All the people used arguments. Nobody said " he will win and thats all". Well, i think that one guy did it with wolverine, but i think that it was a joke.

Second one: You have to see the movie to understand it. Magneto use of his powers doesnt exhaustes him. The only moment that he was exhausted was because the contact for rogue. But you, with your amazing intelligence so many times prooved, didnt understand it. See it, my love, read it: ROGUE CONTACT HURT PEOPLE. MAGNETO'S USE OF HIS POWERS DOESNT EXHAUSTES HIM. THE MACHINE WAS FOR IMPROVE HIS POWERS, BUT THE MACHINE COULD KILL HIM, NOT THE USE OF HIS POWERS. FOR THAT REASON, HE TRANSLATED HIS POWERS TO ROGUE AND THEN, THE MACHINE USED IT AND COULD KILL HER. HE WAS EXHAUSTED BECAUSE ROGUE'S CONTACT AND BEFORE, FOR THE USE OF THE MACHINE, NOT FOR THE USE OF HIS POWERS. THAT WAS THE REASON BECAUSE WOLVERINE CALL HIM FALSE AND HYPOCRITE, FOR USE ROGUE'S LIFE IN HIS WAR AGAINST THE HUMANS, NOT HIMSELF. DID YOU NOTICE THAT HE NEVER WAS EXHAUSTED IN ANY OTHER MOMENT USING HIS POWERS, DID YOU UNDERSTAND IT, BIG BOY???

Third one: yes its inconclusive the mind control, but she could use her mind powers in another way, to calm the hulk and reverse him into Banner again.

Fourth one: again, the hulk is DUMB. he has only strenght. Magneto can fly, can create force fields. Can use his powers in many, many ways. And plus, he is pretty clever. Same with jean grey. The hulk is only a stupid monster who only wants to be alone and get some calm and food.

a kiss for your, darling.

Blinky
Bakerboy, if you were trying to make a logical point, I suggest you try again.

Everything you just said was said by mulitiple people pages ago.

You fail to accept that Mag's and the X-men have shown nothing in the movies that compare to a Gamma explosion (which Hulk survived). Regardless if Hulk is "dumb", nobody on the X-men team can match his strength speed or stamina.

Also give proof that Jean can actually "calm the hulk" or STFU up about that already.

Alpha Centauri
Wait, why ask Bakerboy to make a logical point?

Are you aware of his debate style?

-AC

bakerboy
Yeah, its almost as difficult as the centauri guy doesnt looking arrogant in one only post.

Also, my beloved robstad is now reported to the moderators because his childish behaving and his childish insults.

Blinky, doesnt pay atention to centauri because he doesnt deserves it. He thinks that he is an expert in every matter and at the end of the day, he is just arrogant.

Now, about your post, are we talking here about ang lee's hulk??? Because in that movie, i dont remember him suvirving to a gamma explosion. Remember me that part.

Now, the hulk is pretty good in a phisichal fight. But it isnt a phisichal fight. Magneto or jean greay wont give him a phisichal fight based in strenght. They have so many ways to win a battle, not just with punches and brute strenght. And the brute strenght, what the hulk is basically, isnt the most important thing in a battle. We are talking here about intelligence( the hulk is totally stupid, he only destroys what he sees and wants to be alone, and thats all), force fields, flying, mind control, magnetism powers, etc). The magneto power and jean grey mind power is just enough to beat the hulk.

The hulk isnt intelligent, he is only a monster full of rage and fury. If jean could penetrate in his dumb mind and talk to him and lies him, she could calm him) plus magneto who has his intelligence, his powers of controll all the metal around( including the enterly city), his force fields, his fly, etc.

What the hulk could do to magneto? He has to touch him to beat him, and that would be impossible to him because magneto is more intelligent, he can fly and he has force fields and could distract the hulk atacking him with all the metal around.

And then, we have storm, cyclops, iceman, etc who could distract the hulk. Also, magneto and jean and the others could plan something to lie the hulk and beat him. There are so many ways to beat a dumb monster who has only phisichal strenght.

Mairuzu
Stopping a bullet right as it was like a millimeter from a dude's head.

Robtard
The hulk isnt intelligent, he is only a monster full of rage and fury.

There are so many ways to beat a dumb monster who has only phisichal strenght.

He's also extremely cunning, as seen in the tank and gunship scenes. Obviously you failed to grasp this, no surprise there.

His physical strength combined with his god-like durability and speed, is what would make him outlast and take down any of the mutants, as it's been noted countless times, there's nothing they could do that is even close to what he already has been shown to survive. (With the exception of Jean and the possibility of doing something to his mind, that's inconclusive though)

The longer the fight goes on, the stronger (and bigger) Hulk becomes while the mutants do not have inexhaustible energy, maybe Wolverine, but he is irrelevant. Just a matter of time before they fall one by one.

Now it's time for you to ignore what the Hulk was shown to survive/do in the movie and continue ranting about bridges and rainstorms.

Edit:
Originally posted by bakerboy Now, about your post, are we talking here about ang lee's hulk??? Because in that movie, i dont remember him suvirving to a gamma explosion. Remember me that part.

The very end of the movie in the lake, when his father is draining his energy, yet the Hulk proves to be too much for him. Ross ordered a gamma bomb strike; it makes a direct hit. Hulk survives it, despite being simultaneously drained of power.

Did you pay attention at all during the movie?

K-Dog
This depends on how the fight is written I think. I say Magneto is still the big factor. Without him, Hulk can handle himself. I am thinking that Storm would be a big factor--Hulk can not run or jump around very well in a tornado no matter how strong he is. But then again neither can anybody else so they would not be able to touch him anyway. Colossus could probably take a few hits but would not be able to hurt Hulk. I am thinking the same with Juggernaut, although a momentum attack would probably knock Hulk off balance. Cyclops could stun and knock Hulk around but not seriously hurt him. The healing factor of Hulk would protect him even if they somehow got him cornered and were able to get several group hits in.

But I still say a creative Magneto could be a factor--he moved the Golden Gate Bridge, or the majority of it. Hulk has nowhere close to that ability, and if the same strength level were focused into a metal attack on Hulk, he may go down. Remember, Magneto can keep a sharp metal piece from deforming as it hits Hulk's skin. It's not like a bullet that will obliberate when it hits Hulk even if it is going fast.
And I believe Magneto manipulating metal could indeed exceed the forces of large rocks falling on Hulk. Hulk may not have been directly under a huge rock anyway, he may have been more or less between pieces since he was able to crawl out ok.
And I would tend to believe that a gamma bomb isn't going to hurt Hulk as much as it would other characters, since that's what actually gives him his powers.
P.S. if he reached a level of rage that went to what he threw at his old man at the end of the movie (which I basically see as hyperbole though, as they were basically becoming an abstract being together) then maybe he gets even bigger and greener and takes Magneto down like a chump.

Robtard
LoL, everything you said hangs on basically a "what if", instead of what is seen/shown in the movies.

Let's just say the gamma bomb (nuclear+) was only half as strong in regards to the Hulk, can Magneto attack at half (he'd need greater actually to take out, considering the Hulk survived, but we'll just ignore that too) the destructive force of a gamma bomb?

Edit: if you like, we can "what if" it and say it was at 1/3 the power, you know, for shits-n-giggles.

NonSensi-Klown
I cry for this thread.

Viritrilbia
Robtard, I congratulate you.

The ONLY way the X-Men would win is if Jean Grey uses mind powers. That may be what happens, or it may not. It was also stated that Dark Phoenix, and associated power, is not allowed.

Otherwise, fight goes like this:
Hulk jumps at opponent #1 and kills him with one punch.
Hulk jumps at opponent #2 and kills him with one punch.
Hulk jumps at opponent #3 and kills her with one punch.
Etc.

Hulk is not some stupid, clumsy, slow, lumbering beast that they can all chuck hits at. He's FAST.

carthage
Jean or Erik solo

FrothByte
Jean maybe. Erik takes too long to make his big attacks. Hulk would be all over him before he's able to launch something big enough to take out Hulk.

Kotor3
Unless Hulk is mind rape to calm down he stomps badly.

Nibedicus
Magneto could use Wolverine to slice at Hulk.

Wolverine claws + Magneto's brute power behind it would be pretty damned scary.

psycho gundam
Hulk caught that pilot trying to escape the plane showing some quick reflexes in Avengers, he also slapped away Hulkbuster parts in Age of Ultron. Imo he's too fast, strong and ferocious for all of them save the Phoenix plot device power and even that is iffy at best since Wolverine was able to advance on Jean due to his healing, Hulk would be on her in a split second

Phuck it, Hulk shitstomps

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Magneto could use Wolverine to slice at Hulk.

Wolverine claws + Magneto's brute power behind it would be pretty damned scary.

It's a valid tactic. But I'm pretty sure even with that kind of strength behind him it would take multiple slashes from Wolverine to take down Hulk, and there's a good chance Wolverine simply gets slapped away as soon as he gets in range.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.