S03E01-02 - The Second Coming / The Butterfly Effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J

S_D_J
6 clips from the season premiere:

1) Future Claire and Future Peter Confrontation
2) Hiro and Ando
3) Nathan taken to the hospital
4) Sylar finds Claire
5) Mohinder and Maya
6) Hiro Meets Daphne

XxH2tOIpY2Q

better, bigger quality:
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html

Early IGN review:

Heroes: "The Second Coming" Review
Volume Three begins. Is it worth tuning in?

S_D_J
Originally posted by S_D_J

Season 3 Trailer
Beware of Spoiler

hfhKtEA8QeI
NOTE: the video above reveals Nathan's shooter in the first frame

It's been known who shot Nathan for quite some time now, NBC has been showing this preview since Sept. 10th, so you might have seen it already.

For those who don't know Nikki is dead there's a new character called Tracy who looks just like Nikki

Mohinder gets superpowers of his own

and there's a new terrible, dark future that needs to be stopped.... yet again

love the Sylar/Claire bit

and finally we'll see Sylar eat a brain eek!

Clarie: You're gonna eat it?
Sylar: Eat your brains?
Sylar: Claire that's disgusting!

big grin

Mairuzu
wait.. so there is a 1 hour episode right before the premier?

S_D_J
yep, there was a one hour episode... but no really an episode, more like a clip show... haven't seen it yet...

I'll have to watch the season premiere tomorrow... I don't live in the States...

Shalimar_fox
I can't belive Mohinder is an feral

ragesRemorse
The first episode was some of the dumbest shit. I almost wished the writers were still on strike. Second episode wasn't as bad though.

Shalimar_fox
I kinda liked it just wish I understood alot of the stuff.There is nothing but an bunch of question.Like how the did sykler find claire(I don't remember) or how did peter get the abilty to put people into other people bodies.What the hell happen to my favorite charactor Nikki.Did she die or did she escape?I tell you if they get rid of Nikki I just might stop watching it

Ordained
what was that that Elle did. i want to say an EMP blast or a electric malestrom? it was neat, though. she ko'd Sylar *major yays*

Shalimar_fox
The malestorm cuase an emp would have just turned off elecrital equpiment

Mairuzu
WoW, lots of questions and few answers

but it was some good tv...

Did anyone else get tricked by the bit where parkman was talking to the turtle? it fooled me.

Angela Sylars mother? Hmm?

Future peter transporting peter into someone elses body?

More bad guys.. and yes.. that flame guy is evil.. probably more so than syler

so many questions

Bespin Bart
I liked the whole 'this is what you get for ****ing with time and events!' aspect of things. I didn't find anything out of place or stupid about the fresh start of the season.

Future Peter seems to be able to change appearances, of himself and others. Might explain that a bit. Highly possible for Future Peter to have a great number of powers that he has picked up along the way.

starlock
I found the first episodes to be somewhat lacking....i dont want a set-up that mimics the first 2 seasons...here we go with characters being sent away and on numerous plots.. and there are way too many out of character moments....when we thought that we knew most of the characters motivations and way of thinking...it seems all of the buildup and growth we have seen over 2 seasons...just goes out the window to advance plot......other than some good moments here and there...i find it lacking in certain aspects...i am in for the long run and i am hoping for lots of improvements over the season

ragesRemorse
It was just poorly written. It was full of cheese. I like cheese as much as the next guy but these episodes were bursting at the seems with cheese wiz. I'm predicting now that this season is going to be a train wreck. The first two episodes were filled with nothing but novelties. I'm thinking the writers strike has killed any chances of this season being refreshing and original like the first season.

MildPossession
I'll find out about the cheese factor next week, starts on Wednesday(I think) in England, yay! don't have to wait for ages this time around at least.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by starlock
I found the first episodes to be somewhat lacking....i dont want a set-up that mimics the first 2 seasons...here we go with characters being sent away and on numerous plots.. and there are way too many out of character moments....when we thought that we knew most of the characters motivations and way of thinking...it seems all of the buildup and growth we have seen over 2 seasons...just goes out the window to advance plot......other than some good moments here and there...i find it lacking in certain aspects...i am in for the long run and i am hoping for lots of improvements over the season

QFT

celestialdemon
I was somewhat disappointed with the new episodes. Mrs. Petrelli being Sylar's mom is just plain stupid. I also didn't like Nikki's new personality. It's going to make an already confusing character even moreso, which is just dumb. I also didn't like the whole "Hiro on a mission to save the world" storyline again. That's old. We need something new.

Some things I did like were a few of the new characters. I love the new speedster girl. Great power and personality. I'm also looking forward to seeing the "Magneto" character in action. He can be a far greater threat than Sylar is.

Mairuzu
That flame guy is just pure evil... burning an innocent lady and enjoying every second

i wonder what that hispanic guys power is? Apparently HRG told Claire "You dont wanna know."

the show will redeem itself with the villains i believe, hopefully the whole "saving the world from exploding" is just a minor part...

Where is West?

Where is Micah? Or his cousin?

celestialdemon
According to the profile on screen, the hispanic guy's power is sound manipulation.

Mairuzu
Why is that so bad where Noah couldn't tell Claire?

celestialdemon
I have no idea. That's what I was wondering. Maybe he's seen that guy do some pretty crazy things using that power.

Mairuzu
maybe a few flashbacks here and there of the new baddies

Shalimar_fox
atleast we know he dosn't eat the brains.LOL.I would like to know how is it that when he put claires scalpe on she healed but couldn't heal after being cut by an peice of glass.Whats up with that?

celestialdemon
Because the glass was still in her hand. That's always been the case with her. Once it was removed, her hand healed.

Sasaraixx
I am not as pessimistic about the premier. I think this season does have the potential to reach season 1 highs, but that will depend on how the plot proceeds.

A few things,

I am sick of Mohindir. His behavior in the first episodes was idiotic and I just find him annoying now. Even his voice overs are obnoxious. To be honest, having him killed off would be a welcomed treat.

Hiro was a bit ridiculous, but he usually is. It seems that his story is being recycled a bit (teleports into the future and sees the destruction, etc.) but the exchange between him and Ando was interesting.

I LOVE the Petrelli family story line. Angela is one of my favorite characters, and I hope a great deal of the story remains on them.

The Level 5 breakouts was a great idea. I would like this, along with the Petrelli stories to drive the plot. I'm interested to see how Sylar and Elle(hopefully she will be brought back into the fold) will work with Noah.

While I think the actress who plays Maya is beautiful, her character really doesn't have a place anymore. She should have been killed last season.

Nikki/Tracy/Jessica . . . I just want to know what is going on there and I'll reserve my judgment until I know exactly who that is.

Parkman in Africa . . . this feels like Hiro in ancient Japan.

I thought there were some great moments in the premier and they generally outnumbered the duds. I think there's a lot of potential here!

Shalimar_fox
I must have not seen that part cuase I was look on the internet for something also.

Mairuzu
You must not have see what part?

Shalimar_fox
when claire healed from the glass,unless they didn't show that part.

Mairuzu
It was stuck in her hand, and she couldn't feel it, i think sylar messed with her brain too much to where she can feel pain.. the only thing that kept her "sane"...

She took the glass out and it healed normally

celestialdemon
Sylar didn't do anything to her. Didn't she ask him how come it didn't hurt, and he said there are no nerve endings in the brain?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Sylar didn't do anything to her. Didn't she ask him how come it didn't hurt, and he said there are no nerve endings in the brain?

Okay so let me get this straight...

1. Claire use to feel pain and recovered fast

2. Sylar Visits claire and takes off her scalp.. messes with her brain a bit, studies the piece of the brain that holds her power.

3. Claire can no longer feel pain, the only thing that kept her from feeling 'human'.

And you are trying to say sylar had nothing to do with it?

celestialdemon
What could Sylar have possibly done to alter her feeling pain? All he was doing was feeling for where her powers were. There is no indication that he did anything else.

Shalimar_fox
that it's did it i belive.If our mind is very complex than just think of what somes brian that is like claire

Mairuzu
What could Sylar have possibly done to alter her feeling pain? All he was doing was feeling for where her powers were. There is no indication that he did anything else. Who knows what he did, he obviously did something

she can no longer feel anything... this happened RIGHT AFTER sylar messed with her brain

he was poking around her whole brain, you should watch it again

celestialdemon
I did watch it again. 3 times. Sylar in no way shows any indication that he did anything to her other than learn how her power worked. Until you can prove that he actually did something else, it's just pure speculation.

Mairuzu
You can't be serious...

Well, if this clears anything up...

I'm saying he did it 'purposely'.. im saying it just happened

celestialdemon
Why can't I be serious? Claire's always been highly resistant to pain. Could Sylar have done something to make it so she can't feel pain at all? It's possible. However, nothing is shown or stated that he did, so until it is, logic dictates that he didn't cause it to happen, both on purpose or accidentally.

If you want to speculate that he did, that's your opinion. But it's not a fact right now.

Quincy
I think heroes is way cheeseball.

but its entertaining for sure. And I'll watch all of it.

Sylar is Angela's son?

Thats stupid.

Why did in the end of S2 finale, Angela was like "It was the only way, I understand." and now this season was like "OH YOU IDIOT!"

Why is Peter once again immobilized?

What the **** is up with all the "Oh and Hiro meets his nemesis finally!" Adam Monroe was his nemesis wasn't he? Much more interesting story there.

The whole Tracy thing is lame.

And Sylar is just completely un-interesting.

Shalimar_fox
Why can't I be serious? Claire's always been highly resistant to pain. Could Sylar have done something to make it so she can't feel pain at all? It's possible. However, nothing is shown or stated that he did, so until it is, logic dictates that he didn't cause it to happen, both on purpose or accidentally.

If you want to speculate that he did, that's your opinion. But it's not a fact right now.

Really it is almost an fact. She stated that she could alway feel pain and right after he mess with her brain she can't.What are the chances of an second mutantion kicking in at that point. very slim. untill they explaine how clair has now got this new "I can't feel pain" thing it points to Skyler doing something.

Knowing Heroes i could be wrong

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
Really it is almost an fact. She stated that she could alway feel pain and right after he mess with her brain she can't.What are the chances of an second mutantion kicking in at that point. very slim. untill they explaine how clair has now got this new "I can't feel pain" thing it points to Skyler doing something.

Knowing Heroes i could be wrong

Something can't almost be a fact. It either is or it isn't. Until it's proven that Sylar actually did something to her to make her not feel pain, it's only speculation. That's my point.

If it turns out that he did end up doing something to cause it, that's great. But at this point in time, we don't know for sure.

Ordained
i think he did do something. when he was observing her brain, he made little move and a lite "click" could be heard. idk what it was, but i'm banking her change on this.

Wolfie
I agree. Sylar is the master tinker after all. He sees how the mind works so he can imitate the same things. It's very possible that he can tinker with Claire's mind to make her not feel pain.

Mairuzu

If you want to speculate that he did, that's your opinion. But it's not a fact right now. Sorry, i meant to say he didn't do it purposely

but it happened right after, almost EXACTLY after he messed with her brain

i mean... come on.. i know there is no proof but put two and two together

it could also be the fact that shes traumatized from the attack? maybe?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Sorry, i meant to say he didn't do it purposely

but it happened right after, almost EXACTLY after he messed with her brain

i mean... come on.. i know there is no proof but put two and two together

it could also be the fact that shes traumatized from the attack? maybe?

It could very well be that. It could be that her body decided enough is enough and shut out all pain. That's a different possibility than Sylar actually altering her brain to make her not feel pain anymore. See? You yourself acknowledge two different possibilities. Therefore, we don't know for sure why Claire can no longer feel pain.

Mairuzu
I just used the more reasonable possibility at first.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Wolfie
I agree. Sylar is the master tinker after all. He sees how the mind works so he can imitate the same things. It's very possible that he can tinker with Claire's mind to make her not feel pain.

He can see how her mind works, but he never did anything to her brain besides touch it with his fingertips. If he could change the way her brain works, he could have simply shut down her power and killed her.

Mairuzu
Week went by fast, its just a matter of time for episode 3

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I just used the more reasonable possibility at first.

But it's still just a possibility, not a fact.

Mairuzu
Hence me using the word "possibility"

celestialdemon
Correct. Now you say possibly, which is fine. Earlier, you were coming off as "definitely".

Mairuzu
Well, you're kinda right

i was thinking more like... its definitely the highest possibility of what actually happened

2nd would be, shes traumatized

3rd would be, she manifested even more

Kovacs86
In seen the first episode. It was bollocks. After series 2 was pretty crap too, I've decided to give up on Heroes...

Captain REX
I don't think it was that he altered her brain, just that he poked around in it. There was a moment where he kinda said something like 'Aha, there it is...' and did some poking...

I am assuming that the lack of pain is related to Sylar's cranial poke-around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.