Who is the hardest puncher in comics (on average)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Only characters who have punched over 10 opponents on-panel are eligible.

AlmightyKfish
Galactus.

psycho gundam
hulk. see onslaught.

DigiMark007
Am I the only one that thinks a punch at maybe x10 the speed of light from someone like Surfer would be > a Hulk punch, regardless of his strength? Velocity is an important component of total force.

Standing still, I agree that it's probably Hulk. Maybe someone like Thanos, Mangog, Despero, SBP, etc. Excluding the abstracts, of course.

guy222
Hulk

Red Hulk
Prime I guess.

Either that or Igor Vovchanchyn.

Starscream M
How about Flash's IMP?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
How about Flash's IMP? yuck, i hate that word.

how does it even work exactly? objects at 99% lightspeed gain "infinite mass", but since the speed force allows that, shouldn't the "for every action, there is an opposite and equal re-action" law come into play?

i mean, he makes contact with the object he intends to hit but only the object receives the kinetic energy transfer? wtf?

way to cherry pick dc

Mr. Funtastic
Herc and Wonder Man should be mentioned.

Standing punches that is.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yuck, i hate that word.

how does it even work exactly? objects at 99% lightspeed gain "infinite mass", but since the speed force allows that, shouldn't the "for every action, there is an opposite and equal re-action" law come into play?

i mean, he makes contact with the object he intends to hit but only the object receives the kinetic energy transfer? wtf?

way to cherry pick dc dood, you know better than to expect actual physics to be applied in comics

CaptainStoic
There would be different degrees of punching power, and a whole lot would do with the speed of the punch (like Digi mentioned above) the solidity of the punch would also have to be factored in as well.

Superman, and Juggernaut would have a similar punch, if measured in pounds per square foot, because of how tough their body armor is, as compared to someone with less body armor like let's say the Hulk.

Where Superman trumps Juggernaut is in the velocity department Jugernaut's mystic nature should make up for his lack of speed though but this is arguable.

The Hulks thing, is that rarely does he deliver the same strength punch, because he is never the same strength level.

I'm going with guys like, Superman, Sentry, Gladiator for this one, because although the Hulk has surpassed them and can surpass them on any given day, we have to go with the median (average) as this thread asked.

Superman ftw.

Val-E-Doosh
yuck, i hate that word.

way to cherry pick dc
http://i38.tinypic.com/28u42l2.gif

kakuzu
Mangog and Trion Juggernaut. Simple. Superboy prime doesn't count he hit the source wall.

fangirl101
Despero
Super Angry hulk
Superman
Flash
Zoom
Mangog
Rulk

Starscream M

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
There would be different degrees of punching power, and a whole lot would do with the speed of the punch (like Digi mentioned above) the solidity of the punch would also have to be factored in as well.

Superman, and Juggernaut would have a similar punch, if measured in pounds per square foot, because of how tough their body armor is, as compared to someone with less body armor like let's say the Hulk.

Where Superman trumps Juggernaut is in the velocity department Jugernaut's mystic nature should make up for his lack of speed though but this is arguable.

The Hulks thing, is that rarely does he deliver the same strength punch, because he is never the same strength level.

I'm going with guys like, Superman, Sentry, Gladiator for this one, because although the Hulk has surpassed them and can surpass them on any given day, we have to go with the median (average) as this thread asked.

Superman ftw.

QFT

Dark-Jaxx
I am not sure why people are saying Superman when we have a Kryptonian running around who is everything he is and more...

Superman Prime and Trion Juggernaut I guess

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut would rank up there. At classic levels he collapsed a mountain from punching a guy in the face. (8th Day) and the aforementioned Trion Juggernaut punching through dimensional barriers.

Symmetric Chaos
On average it's likely Hulk or Superman.

Best individual hits probably are from someone like Surfer or Flash.

yuck, i hate that word.

way to cherry pick dc

Speedforce compensates for all those little problems.

Aster Phoenix
Superman Prime, have you forgotten the retcon punch?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/146283-193242-retcon_large.PNG

occultdestroyer
WW said that Zoom can punch harder than Supes.

Trion Juggernaut was punching through space and time barriers lol

Black Adam beating the entire JSA and JLA

Supes-Prime punching through hyperspace/time

These are some of the strongest punchers in comics

Knowsbleed33
^^^He only LOL's the Marvel one.

hmmmm

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
^^^He only LOL's the Marvel one.

hmmmm
Supes-Prime punching through hyperspace/time was also lol

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Supes-Prime punching through hyperspace/time was also lol

No it was sad and nauseating.

Bouboumaster
What about Mohamed Ali when he ko'ed Sups like a little girl?

(... Bait time! :P)

DestinyGuy678
superman:
hit wonderwoman back to earth faster than light
him and zod punching each other was destroying a planet
him and earth-2 superman exchanging punches was ripping thorugh reality then destroyed earth-2
he hit black racer so hard it cracked the entire planet

hes probably one of if not the best

AlmightyKfish
Galactus punching Tyrant. Galaxies went BOOM.

ultimatethor
Either hulk or trion jugs or SBP. Hulks got the best punching feats overall( Punching through time storm, Asteroid destroying punch,Onslaught punch, Punch at the crossroads that shook dimensions) but his strength level varies. Trion jugs and SBP though also have uber feats

Mindship
yuck, i hate that word.

way to cherry pick dc
dood, you know better than to expect actual physics to be applied in comics

It's one thing to not expect actual physics; it's another thing to see no internal consistency with whatever rules are being set. If the speedforce protects the Flash from relativistic effects (throwing real physics out the window), that's fine. But then--as a matter of internal consistency, something the best fantasy epics like LOTR respect--he should not be gaining in mass.

Of course, one could say (though I've never seen it said) that the Flash can exempt part of his body from the speedforce, allowing his fist to gain mass, but then his fist should also undergo Lorentz contraction and time dilation...unless, of course, the Flash can allow only those relativistic effects he actually wants.

Again, I've never seen this indicated in anyway. So it isn't just real physics being ignored, but the very set of rules regarding the speedforce.

Yeah, I agree: cherry-picking of the worst kind.

In any event: strongest puncher would be enraged Hulk or Superman.

llagrok
Superman usually holds back and fights a lot of weaker villains, so naturally his average wouldn't be all that powerful.

I would give Black Adam and Zod a better average than Superman, seeing as they rarely hold back.

Endrict Nuul
PC Mongul
PC Supes

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindship
It's one thing to not expect actual physics; it's another thing to see no internal consistency with whatever rules are being set. If the speedforce protects the Flash from relativistic effects (throwing real physics out the window), that's fine. But then--as a matter of internal consistency, something the best fantasy epics like LOTR respect--he should not be gaining in mass.

Of course, one could say (though I've never seen it said) that the Flash can exempt part of his body from the speedforce, allowing his fist to gain mass, but then his fist should also undergo Lorentz contraction and time dilation...unless, of course, the Flash can allow only those relativistic effects he actually wants.

Again, I've never seen this indicated in anyway. So it isn't just real physics being ignored, but the very set of rules regarding the speedforce.

Yeah, I agree: cherry-picking of the worst kind.

In any event: strongest puncher would be enraged Hulk or Superman. it's all PIS

Sin I AM
meh, both marvel and d.c. base durability feats off being able 2 go toe to toe with the Hulk n Clark so um there u go..

Blackagar Boltagon ftw MASTER BLOW !!!

Galan007
i'd say prime is easily one of the hardest hitting characters. if someone/thing is in front of him, and he throws a punch, it usually crumbles.

fangirl101
Omega ( The Legion Villian)
PC Validus
PC Mongul
Superboy Prime
Triune Juggernaut all top my list.

Going at herald level, No one can punch harder than Flash or Zoom. Thor can hit harder with that hammer's uru components but that is of course, not a punch.

psycho gundam
average is the key word.

Newjak
Popeye is the best puncher in comics period.

no expression

rougeredmage
you have asked for Average punching strengh and not for charcters that have had special extraodrdinary punching feats that are either out of charcters or wll above of average.

thus we should only consider the base punching feats thus hulk will be high on the list he may not be the top of the list.

anyway random listing?

hyperion
Thor
submariner
Captain Britain

you are saying juggernaught but are you sure he has that many punching feats i would say that he had more charging feats?

i would also say that the eternals probibly have some high level punching feats

iceman24567
What about Mangog? Didn't he make Masterson Thor float in the sky?
Oh and Captain Marvel has a one hitter quitter on Supes just some mention i know their not at the top.

Endless Mike
PC Validus

Endless Mike
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Am I the only one that thinks a punch at maybe x10 the speed of light from someone like Surfer would be > a Hulk punch, regardless of his strength? Velocity is an important component of total force.

Standing still, I agree that it's probably Hulk. Maybe someone like Thanos, Mangog, Despero, SBP, etc. Excluding the abstracts, of course.

If you want to get technical, kinetic energy becomes irrelevant once you go past the speed of light (it's actually an imaginary/complex number, since FTL is impossible in the real world).

occultdestroyer
H/P Doomsday.

tsscls
PC Mongul or PC Superman

spidey-dude
8th day juggy

kgkg
Batman (for a human)

Sado22
hysterical

Metalmanx
Flash (not holding anything back), in my opinion.

King KAM
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Prime I guess.

Either that or Igor Vovchanchyn. Igor used to hit like he had Lead shot hidden in his gloves.....

but Melvin Guillard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.