FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aliies

boiled_egg
Slinging the megre sized personal bag over her shoulder, Maggie glanced around her.
Being in the same atmosphere that was common to her; eg. drunkards, homeless, drug addicts...and the like, she slowly made her way toward a delapidated bar where she was sure to find a particular gentleman that had been advertising the need of a 'crew' for his ship for just over a month now.

Not much to her surprise, when asked about said gentleman, she was referred to the gutter outside of the establishment. Nodding in thanks, she turned and left only to find the very man she was looking for asleep in the gutter. Lowering herself down into a squat she looked the man over once and smiled slightly and poked the man to see if he was at all lucid or knocked out for the count.

Wavemaninawe
The bar was quite lively this day. People had been moving in and out of the doors non-stop. Unfortunately, none of them looked even remotely like a skipper. None of them asked questions about pilots or seemed to be looking for someone.

Goins was pretty good at judging people's appearances and the fact that his appointment appeared to be late annoyed him. He had arrived early... both to make a good impression and to have time to pick a table close to the rear exit in case the meeting turned sour. Goins had chosen this particular location since he had known the barkeeper for some time and trusted the lady. He felt it comforting to have her eyes and her hidden auto-shotgun watching over his shoulder.

"15 more minutes, then I'm gone", he thought before nearly retching at another sip of the vile beverage. Nyamko was a highly admirable woman in many ways, but she never did have a grasp of the finer varieties in alcohol... "This is supposed to be ale? I've been to Reaver ravaged settlements that brew better than this!"

Persephone was a gray zone between civilization and 'the wild' as he liked to call border planets. Probably outright pleasant if you could find the sense to settle down with a mundane job and aspirations to raise a family. The problem was that Goins didn't have that amount of sense, seeing how he was an unemployed sky-jock sitting inside a pub at noon, waiting for a potential employer who didn't seem to know what day of the week it was.

None the less, Goins needed to eat and preferred to earn his bread from people who didn't ask too many uncomfortable questions. Hence his current predicament. "8 minutes..."

Blockhead
Redge stumbled down the grimy street. He had been drinking again. He had been out of a job, and out of luck, for 3 weeks now; his pockets growing ever so lighter every day. He had spotted an ad for a crew about a week ago, but had had no luck in finding the Captain of said ad.

He went to take another swig of the whiskey bottle he held in his hand, but no bitter taste passed his mouth. It was empty. Grumbling, he put the bottle down on the path and was about to walk into a nearby bar when he tripped over something in the gutter. Picking himself up and squinting hard he could just make out the form of a man, laying in the gutter and a woman seemingly checking on the man's health. He mumbled an apology.

boiled_egg
Looking up at the man a small smile again creeped across Maggie's features, "I don't think he'll mind much, seems to be out cold." Glancing back at the man in the gutter a thought crossed her mind as she stood up and turned to the second man, "Would you mind helping me carry him to my lodgings? It's not far and I'll compensate you for your effort."
Hoping that the man would take the offer as her 'position' required she had a tendency to help everyone, especially the unfortunate.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom had heard talk of someone needing a crew.
After hanging in the bar a bit, he overheard some chatter about a man in the gutter outside. So...bored and and wanting some air, Dom headed out to look around.

Stepping onto the sidewalk, he saw a woman, a drunk, and a sleeping drunk...
He chuckled and looked towards the woman... "Hey lady, need a hand?"

boiled_egg
Maggie's eyes turned to the stranger who addressed her, nodding she replied, "That'd be appreciated, can you help me carry this man to my accomodation?" She motioned with a hand toward the unconcious drunk in the gutter.

Shad0w_Frost
"Sure thing..."
Dominic walked over, crouched down, and slowly lifted the man up.

"Ok, Lead the way..."

boiled_egg
Maggie had taken 'the other side' as she nodded down the alley, hoping that the second drunk would follow suit as she had a feeling that he too needed aid.

Shad0w_Frost
Walking along with the woman.

"Say...I've been hearin gossip of someone 'round these parts lookin for a crew... you by chance know where i can start lookin? "

boiled_egg
Maggie shook her head slightly, "I haven't found the man yet, I'm looking also. But I have a charitable heart so this man caught my eye and the ship will have to wait." She smiled as she spoke.

Shad0w_Frost
"Ah, i see hehe"

"Well, My name is Dominic, but most folks call me Dom... Maybe we will be workin together if we can ever find this guy..." He smiled and chuckled.

boiled_egg
"I'm Magdelene, or Maggie..." She paused, "Or Shepherd..." She waited for his reaction, as many people had a negative reaction to her personal 'path' in life.

Shad0w_Frost
"Ah Pleasure ta meet ya... Shepherd."

Smiling as he walked.

For a change he enjoyed meeting Maggie, He had mostly dealt with the scum of the 'verse in his past.

boiled_egg
Chuckling slightly, she made the indication to turn to their left, most Shepherds took up more professional lodgings that where by right provided to them when on a planet, but Maggie was different, she liked to be among the people, there was no use in the 'position' in the first place if not to serve and guide.

Several metres later she slowed to a stop and dug in her pocket for a swipe key, it was just as battered as the door...but it worked none-the-less.
"Welcome...please, I want to get him inside as soon as physically possible so that I can clean him up and make sure he's rested."

Wavemaninawe
There was no shortage of shady characters in Nyamko's pub. Despite his safety measure, Goins still sat with his back to the wall and attentively scanned the crowd. Partially out of habit but there was also the slight chance that the person he was waiting for would still show up.

One of the hardcases, a pale scarred man caught Goins' interest. He had seen him standing alone at the bar for quite some time. Certainly, he was there to meet someone but he didn't look right... not likely to be recruiting for a boat. When the scarred man was about to leave and stopped outside the door, Goins felt uneasy. A crowd had started to build up on the sidewalk, apparently someone had fallen. It was probably nothing but still left an exit obstructed and too many people that could see his face up close. It was time to move.

Nyamko and Goins exchanged knowing glances as Goins moved fluently from his table and out the back door. Not much of a loss... the mark was obviously not going to show up anyway. "2 hours of my day totally wasted" he thought. "I would have been better off trying that postal run, despite the lousy pay". He strolled out into the street and headed for the ship yard. As much as it would hurt his pride, he decided to go beg for the postal run. Now it would pay even less than if he had taken the first offer.

Goins turned around to see the pale scarred man from the bar in the company of an odd looking shepherd, fishing two drunks out of the gutter. "What do you know... the man is a Samaritan." The older drunk was a grease monkey... a ships mechanic by the looks of it. "A fellow boatshand who is also down on his luck..." Goins felt a sudden jolt of pity but shook it off. He had his own problems to worry about.

He began walking towards the shipyards while cursing under his breath. With divine luck, he might stumble over a rich companion shopping for hand-me-down boats who could use a skilled helmsman. "Sure... and the Alliance will start handing out legal pardons any day now".

Outbound
Khang strolled leisurely through the streets, nodding towards a group of monks as they passed him by. He noticed the usual crowds of people going about their business, some of them glancing up at him with a slight wave, which he returned. It was just another day on Persephone, everyone had somewhere to go, someone to meet, which was why Khang chose to live here when he wasn't offworld - you never knew what you might run into down on Persephone.

No sooner had the thought entered his mind, he saw the bulky shape of the old Firefly-class ship that had been docked the last few weeks. Khang had noticed the ship a few days after it had landed, but hadn't seen any crew or passengers leave or arrive. At first he thought the ship had just simply been abandoned, or perhaps the owner had been quietly killed after a job deal gone wrong - Persephone was known to harbor some rough characters. Khang had heard of a...'businessman'...by the name Badger, who some folk seemed to keep a fair distance from, couldn't blame 'em.

But it seemed whoever owned the boat was apparently alive and well, and looking for a crew to join him. Khang came across the advertisement a couple of days ago and was curious to find this 'Captain Cobb' and see what kind of man flew a ship like that, Khang had traveled on Firefly ships before but there was something different about this one.

He decided to sit on a crate next to the ship, hoping whoever owned it turned up sometime. Khang pulled out his bible and read silently to himself to pass the time.

KingDubya
Lee Chao Zhi had recently shut down his local office. It was on a simple whim, as many of his actions were these days. He had seen a tattered, old advertisement that reminded him a lot of a certain tattered, old Chinese man asking for crew members for a ship. Deciding it would be fun, exploring the black and all the known and unknown places out there, he set out for the ship's location.

On his arrival, he saw a man sitting on a crate, reading a bible. Lee quickly assumed the man was the captain of the ship, seeing as he was the only one in the ship's proximity, and proceeded to ask, "You are the one looking for crew members, yes?" He felt that he looked perfectly presentable, with his gnarled wooden cane that he only kept to make him look slightly more dignified and his tropical shirt that contrasted completely with the drab metal and shipping crates around him.

Shad0w_Frost
Originally posted by boiled_egg
Chuckling slightly, she made the indication to turn to their left, most Shepherds took up more professional lodgings that where by right provided to them when on a planet, but Maggie was different, she liked to be among the people, there was no use in the 'position' in the first place if not to serve and guide.

Several metres later she slowed to a stop and dug in her pocket for a swipe key, it was just as battered as the door...but it worked none-the-less.
"Welcome...please, I want to get him inside as soon as physically possible so that I can clean him up and make sure he's rested."

Dom nodded and headed through the door, however being as clumsy as he was sometimes... he accidentally bonked the man's head on the doorway. "oops!... hope he didn't feel that one, Heh sorry Ma'am i can be clumsy at times.."

Walking in, Dom looked around and gently placed the man in a nearby chair.

Outbound
Originally posted by KingDubya
Lee Chao Zhi had recently shut down his local office. It was on a simple whim, as many of his actions were these days. He had seen a tattered, old advertisement that reminded him a lot of a certain tattered, old Chinese man asking for crew members for a ship. Deciding it would be fun, exploring the black and all the known and unknown places out there, he set out for the ship's location.

On his arrival, he saw a man sitting on a crate, reading a bible. Lee quickly assumed the man was the captain of the ship, seeing as he was the only one in the ship's proximity, and proceeded to ask, "You are the one looking for crew members, yes?" He felt that he looked perfectly presentable, with his gnarled wooden cane that he only kept to make him look slightly more dignified and his tropical shirt that contrasted completely with the drab metal and shipping crates around him.

Khang looked up from his bible as a strange old man approached him. The man seemed harmless enough, although Khang thought he looked slightly odd in his colorful shirt, given the surroundings.

"Ah...no, I'm sorry, I don't own the ship. I'm not sure who does, haven't seen anyone 'round here for weeks now. Thought I'd stop by in case someone actually turned up."

He stood up slowly and placed his bible back within his robes.

"I don't think I've seen you 'round here before. Name's Khang", he reached his arm out to greet the stranger.

Blockhead
Redge knocked at the door frame to which the young man and woman were carrying the mess of a drunk man. Redge had begun to sober up.

'Excuse me Miss, Sir. I hear you were on the lookout for a crew. Please forgive my drunken state, I too am looking for a crew to serve. I may not seem like it, but I'm quite handy with the technical and mechanical aspects of any boat I can get my oily hands on. I figure we've got more luck of finding a crew together. I'd shake you both by the hand, but with my hands and in this state I wouldn't recommend it.'

Aliies
A loud obnoxious snore reminded everyone around him that he hadn't died just jet, Jacques shifted his position and fell soundly off the chair, landing head first on the floor.

"Ohharrrii'll doeetlater..." he mumbled with a start, lifting his head and looking around at all the curious blurs that stood around him.
Having no clue as to where he was, the hungover man asked without a pause and in quite a commanding tone (Or for at least how commanding a drunkard can be) "What are you doing on my ship?"

He then snarled in pain to feel his neck on fire again, letting his head slump back down to the ground, trying to stay awake while furiously trying to get his eyes to work...

The Captain was never any good at multitasking...

boiled_egg
Moving over toward the now semi-lucid drunkard sprawled on the floor, Maggie spoke over her shoulder at the man in her doorway, "I agree with you there, and as soon as this man is back to health I'll be happy to join you too in persuit of the Captain." She kneeled beside the man with a small bottle in her hand, taking a cloth from the back of the chair and applying some of the ointment to the small bump on his head, "Take it easy my friend, you're not on your ship. You're at my lodgings..." She paused, "I'm Magdelene..." She smiled slightly, hoping that he could atleast register that much.

Shad0w_Frost
"Aye.. "
Dom Smiled and took a step back, Awaiting the response of the drunkard on the floor.

Aliies
"Buh..." was his response as he feebly attempted at finding his feet, failing miserably and falling heavily onto Mag as he tried to lean on her.

"I believe that another drink is in order..." he mumbled, looking at the blur of a woman he was currently smothering with a dumbass smile.

boiled_egg
Maggie propped herself with one leg to help support the extra weight, her brow furrowed but her mouth formed into a smile, "Perhaps not..." She replied with a slick tone to her voice as she glanced at Dom, "Help me get him to the bed will you?"

Shad0w_Frost
Dom rushed to help lift the man up off of Maggie and get him into bed.
"Yes Ma'am"

boiled_egg
Maggie's smile resounded to her eyes, everyone here seemed to show some sort of respect toward her, even a drunkard who couldn't stand straight. In her heart she knew this' where she was needed and all the 'signs' pointed to the same direction which almost bought a tear to her eye.

Moving with Dom and the drunkard to the bed, she helped to set the man down, covering him with a thin blanket and glancing at the two lucid men, "Hungry?"

Shad0w_Frost
"Why yes ma'am, i wouldn't mind a bite"

He couldn't remember the last time he had a good meal.

Blockhead
'Why, thank you kindly miss! Money's been tight ever since my old ship stopped flying. Captain's son died. He was heart-broken, couldn't command another ship in his life. So everyone just left, including me. Hey, um, you wouldn't happen to have any whiskey would you?' Said Redge, slowly pacing around the room.

boiled_egg
Maggie shook her head at the question, "I don't drink...alcohol that is." She replied as she made her way through the small corridor and ushered the two to follow her, "Come on."

Blockhead
Redge stumbled through the small corridor, propping himself up against the wall with his hand for support. There was now a series of faint, dark handprints now running along the side of one of Maggie's walls. The pattern was quite interesting, but Redge hadn't noticed at all.

'Ah, that's ok, miss. I should stop drinking for the night anyway. Thanks again for the hospitality.' He said.

boiled_egg
Maggie smiled over her shoulder as she entered the small kitchen which had a small table and two chairs, "Take a seat." She offered as she moved around the kitchen collecting what she had to offer and turning on the gas, lighting it and placing a pan over the small lot of fire burning from the plate.

Blockhead
Redge sat down one of the seats slowly, the chair creaking under his weight.

'Cozy place you have here, miss. Have you been here long?' He said. He seemed to be sobering up pretty fast, the sign of a frequent and heavy drinker, but not the kind that passed out.... At least most of the time. 'Oh, I forgot to mention my name! Redge, Redge Smith is my name, boat sinking? I'm to blame! Heh, that's my little joke I have with my name and my job and.... I'm sorry, I'm getting carried away.'

boiled_egg
Maggie smiled and chuckled a little, glancing over from the stove-top to Redge, "Im Madgeline...or better known as Shepherd around this little area. I've been here close to 7 months now I think and I have a feeling I'll be leaving as soon as this Captain's located."

Shad0w_Frost
Dom walked in quietly and took a seat. Nodding at the 2

Blockhead
'Shepard you say? A woman of God? I've seen my fair share of belief and what it can do. It can be a powerful ally or a dangerous foe.' He sighed, leaning back on the chair slightly and stroking his beard. 'As for me, I've been out of a job for 3 weeks now. Like I said, Captain's son died and his crew died out with him.'

Redge noticed the other man sit in the adjacent chair. 'And what about you, Sir? You haven't said much. Tell us about yourself.'

boiled_egg
Maggie nodded and added a small pinch of unmarked spices to the ingredients in the pan, setting the small pouch aside and turning down the heat before adding a liquid to the mix and wiping her hands on a small cloth dangling from the back of her belt.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom Paused for a moment, feeling the scar on his face.

"...I used to be somewhat of a soldier, fought in a few wars here and there. Then i got into some interesting... *grinning slyly* import, export, trade deals at times. I'm an opportunist, so to speak."

Wavemaninawe
Originally posted by KingDubya

On his arrival, he saw a man sitting on a crate, reading a bible. Lee quickly assumed the man was the captain of the ship, seeing as he was the only one in the ship's proximity, and proceeded to ask, "You are the one looking for crew members, yes?" He felt that he looked perfectly presentable, with his gnarled wooden cane that he only kept to make him look slightly more dignified and his tropical shirt that contrasted completely with the drab metal and shipping crates around him. Originally posted by Outbound
Khang looked up from his bible as a strange old man approached him. The man seemed harmless enough, although Khang thought he looked slightly odd in his colorful shirt, given the surroundings.

"Ah...no, I'm sorry, I don't own the ship. I'm not sure who does, haven't seen anyone 'round here for weeks now. Thought I'd stop by in case someone actually turned up."

He stood up slowly and placed his bible back within his robes.

"I don't think I've seen you 'round here before. Name's Khang", he reached his arm out to greet the stranger.

The shipyard was a fascinating collage of mechanical constructs. Romantic pilots and mechanics could often be found here, wandering around while admiring the inherent beauty of the ships that only they could see. Goins felt that it helped to put his mind at ease... at least for the moment.

The post run was already settled. It had gone to another hungry skyjock and the next wasn't due until the following month. There was still a slight chance to find someone hiring crew. A helmsman's position was out of the question. The pilot would usually be the first crew member a captain went looking for. With at least a passing knowledge of engines, Goins hoped that he could hustle a job as a mechanic from someone gullible enough. By the time his lacking competence became obvious he should have earned the first pay. Enough to keep him floating for another month if planned well.

At the moment, things didn't look very comforting. Most ships were locked down. The few that were open were taking passengers and cargo which meant that their crews were full. One recruiter stood in front of a boat with a clip board. Goins recognized him as a gangland strong arm who frequented Nyamko's pub. "Wrong boat... his people 're bad news". Goins changed lines.

A Firefly class was locked but had 2 people sitting in front, talking. By the looks of their body language they were discussing the boat. "Crew would've access to the interior... passengers wouldn't bother come here unless was time for departure... recruits?" Goins decided to listen in on their conversation and made a wide turn behind the Firefly with enough distance to remain inconspicuous.

Aliies
Somewhat unexpectedly, the drunkard, in all his shaggy-glory opened his eyes and stood up straight as if this was normal routine.

A loud yawn, a stretch that sounded a crack in his shoulders and the man reopened his eyes and looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings with a slight air of confusion. According to the captain, he felt as if he had been sleeping, remembering ordering his first drink and practically nothing afterwards.

"Something smells good, I could do with a cook on my ship." he stretched again as he walked into the crappy little kitchen, having no clue as to who these others were, he merely strolled in as if he was meant to be there.

--------

The feds were IDing every ship in port, an anonymous tip led that an infamous freighter bearing illegal salvage was in dock, in total two dozen armored federals checked everything falling within the Firefly classification, there were quite a few tonight and the officials looked up at the sky in irritation as rain began to pepper their uniforms.

Four of them walked up to the lorinda, hopeful that this was the one as to end the tiring search in the cold, wet night. They noticed Khang and Lee moving closer to the ship to stay under her forward sections, out of the increasing rain.
The cargobay doors were half opened, normally open for anyone to walk in and claim but port security was tight on trespassing here, offenders were usually thrown straight in jail.

"This your junker?" a snide female officer spoke up, looking at Khang, passing the elderly asian man off as a lackey, of sorts. She looked to be in a rather miserably-irritated state; seven hours searching dock, checking papers and registrations in the East-Down docks was not her idea of a good time.
Before either of them could answer, her hand flew up to her ear as she looked away and spoke through her communicator.

"Yessir, seventy-three done so far, on the seventy-fourth. No not all of them were Fireflys, searched for suspicious behaiviors. Yessir that is correct... No sir...
Only eleven were actually Fireflys, i was just about to... I see, very well this will be our last" she shook her head as if she had just been scolded.

"License and registrations of vessel, sir?" she asked Khang again.

Blockhead
Noticing the only just a few moments ago unconscience drunk enter the small kitchen Redge turned his head and said, in a less polite manner than he had currently been speaking:

'So yer the drunk fella this kind lady's been taking care of. Whatadya gots to say fer yerself?'

boiled_egg
Maggie turned around and smiled slightly, "Nice to see you up and about...hungry?" She asked just after the old man's very abrupt question.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom Simply smiled.

Wavemaninawe
Originally posted by Aliies
Somewhat unexpectedly, the drunkard, in all his shaggy-glory opened his eyes and stood up straight as if this was normal routine.

A loud yawn, a stretch that sounded a crack in his shoulders and the man reopened his eyes and looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings with a slight air of confusion. According to the captain, he felt as if he had been sleeping, remembering ordering his first drink and practically nothing afterwards.

"Something smells good, I could do with a cook on my ship." he stretched again as he walked into the crappy little kitchen, having no clue as to who these others were, he merely strolled in as if he was meant to be there.

--------

The feds were IDing every ship in port, an anonymous tip led that an infamous freighter bearing illegal salvage was in dock, in total two dozen armored federals checked everything falling within the Firefly classification, there were quite a few tonight and the officials looked up at the sky in irritation as rain began to pepper their uniforms.

Four of them walked up to the lorinda, hopeful that this was the one as to end the tiring search in the cold, wet night. They noticed Khang and Lee moving closer to the ship to stay under her forward sections, out of the increasing rain.
The cargobay doors were half opened, normally open for anyone to walk in and claim but port security was tight on trespassing here, offenders were usually thrown straight in jail.

"This your junker?" a snide female officer spoke up, looking at Khang, passing the elderly asian man off as a lackey, of sorts. She looked to be in a rather miserably-irritated state; seven hours searching dock, checking papers and registrations in the East-Down docks was not her idea of a good time.
Before either of them could answer, her hand flew up to her ear as she looked away and spoke through her communicator.

"Yessir, seventy-three done so far, on the seventy-fourth. No not all of them were Fireflys, searched for suspicious behaiviors. Yessir that is correct... No sir...
Only eleven were actually Fireflys, i was just about to... I see, very well this will be our last" she shook her head as if she had just been scolded.

Goins was a bit startled by the Fed troopers. Sloppy. Admitted... the heavy rain had done a pretty good job of blanketing the world. Blocking out the sounds of people and grounds vehicles but the quartet was almost close enough to see him before he noticed them. "Too much attention paid t'that pointless chatter of those two, not enough for my surroundings... very sloppy".

There was likely to be more Feds around, certain even. They never came to the yards unless they were looking for something or someone in particular. When they did, it was usually a rather systematic affair. Either they knew their target in advance, or they turned the whole place upside down until they were content. Trying to sneak back out now would be dangerous.

The radio conversation was reassuring since it seemed like they were ordered to focus their attention elsewhere. Goins glanced to his side and saw 2 more coming down his lane... "Ai ya, huai le!" It would only be seconds before they saw him and he didn't really have an explanation to what he was doing out there in the rain. No documents... it looked like it was time to play a wild card. Sometimes, the best solution is to simply hide in plain view...

Goins moved alongside lorinda's port side and walked straight up to the first patrol. "'Scuse me officers... canna have moment uv your time?"

Aliies
The officials stopped harsh in their tracks, the lead woman grew increasingly irritated by the second, this strange man asking questions would only slow her progress to a warm bed down.

"So long as it is a moment, we have work to do" there were no pleasantries in her voice, she wasn't normally cold and harsh, just that the rain gave everything those aspects in her opinion. She flinched slightly as a bolt of white lightning pierced the sky, sending a shiver down her spine as the resulting thunder rolled in moments afterwards.

--------

"Excuse? No excuse, didn't realize I was a drunkard under anyone's care. I don't drink that much..." he lied blatantly, turning to Mag, "And a man such as myself can never turn a free meal down, darling!"

He proceeded to further contradict himself by extracting a hip flask and slamming down more alcohol, still not realizing he had just recovered from near-poisoning in such a manner.

"Speaking of cooking, my ship could do with a wok-jockey, ma'am. I'll pay you for your troubles." he said it with a smile that beamed a certain tone of limitless confidence, either a flimsy veneer of his character or just a natural way with words, it was impossible to tell one from the other with him.

Blockhead
'Is this how yer hire yer crew? Gettin' drunk and takin' advantage of others kindness? Bah! Back in the day when I used to work fer decent folk they were respectful... and handled their drink much more than you sonny boy! And yer haven't even told us yer name and what yer doing here yet! Ungrateful...*mumble* *grumble*'

The last few words of the old man's were mumbled and made little sense anyway.

boiled_egg
Maggie smiled and moved to take several bowls out of a nearby cupboard, "Ah so you're the Captain we've all been searching for?" She commented as she moved about, dishing up the meals into bowls before speaking again, "I'm not much of a cook by my own standards...Im a better with a bible in my hand rather than a pan."

Outbound

Originally posted by Wavemaninawe
Goins was a bit startled by the Fed troopers. Sloppy. Admitted... the heavy rain had done a pretty good job of blanketing the world. Blocking out the sounds of people and grounds vehicles but the quartet was almost close enough to see him before he noticed them. "Too much attention paid t'that pointless chatter of those two, not enough for my surroundings... very sloppy".

There was likely to be more Feds around, certain even. They never came to the yards unless they were looking for something or someone in particular. When they did, it was usually a rather systematic affair. Either they knew their target in advance, or they turned the whole place upside down until they were content. Trying to sneak back out now would be dangerous.

The radio conversation was reassuring since it seemed like they were ordered to focus their attention elsewhere. Goins glanced to his side and saw 2 more coming down his lane... "Ai ya, huai le!" It would only be seconds before they saw him and he didn't really have an explanation to what he was doing out there in the rain. No documents... it looked like it was time to play a wild card. Sometimes, the best solution is to simply hide in plain view...

Goins moved alongside lorinda's port side and walked straight up to the first patrol. "'Scuse me officers... canna have moment uv your time?"

It had started to rain and Khang moved closer to the ship. He was interrupted by what looked like the local feds. He hadn't noticed them until now, as he looked around he could see more of them inspecting ships along the port. One of the female officers approached him asking for ID. His eye twitched out of annoyance; damn Alliance had no manners, one of the reasons he disliked them. Couldn't she see he didn't look like a captain? Still, she was part of the local authority, and Khang didn't want to start any unnecessary trouble.

"Uhh...sorry ma'am, just a passerby, ain't my boat", he spoke to her. Before he could say anything further, a man approached from the street. The way he was dressed, he definitely wasn't Alliance. Possibly the captain of the ship? The woman turned to face the newcomer, giving Khang a chance to survey the other man.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom was suprised that this was the Captain he had been searching for.

However he didnt show it. He was waiting for the right time to mention he would like to be on the crew aswell.

Wavemaninawe
The officials stopped harsh in their tracks, the lead woman grew increasingly irritated by the second, this strange man asking questions would only slow her progress to a warm bed down.

"So long as it is a moment, we have work to do" there were no pleasantries in her voice, she wasn't normally cold and harsh, just that the rain gave everything those aspects in her opinion. She flinched slightly as a bolt of white lightning pierced the sky, sending a shiver down her spine as the resulting thunder rolled in moments afterwards.

It didn't take much to understand that the troopers preferred to be somewhere else than out in the open with a flash flood dropped down on their heads. Goins hoped that the delay would get the squad leader bothered enough by the rain to simply leave, rather than play 20 questions.

"Sorry to bother... not particularly fond of this kinna weather myself. Things is... how to put it delicately... I was supposed to embark on a ship and I can't not seem to find it... horribly embarrasin'. It is wunna them Regent Rovers. If you could be so kind to help me?"

Goins knew well enough that the Regents were commercial charter ships. Too large and much too expensive to set down in a seedy port like this. With any luck she would pass him off as an idiot, hurt his pride with a patronising remark and finally be gone.

Aliies
Unfortunately she wasn't much for misjudging, eyeing him suspiciously after his comment on the Regent class ships, "Ok, stop there..." she momentarily stopped worrying about her current placing in the downpour to do her job, "Don't think me an idiot sir, it is a criminal offense to mislead federal officers and if you think for a moment that I would believe that load of goserh-drivel, you've got another thing coming... Now, what are you doing here and I'm gonna want to see some ID!" the others seemed to get her meaning, a crack of knuckles on the grips of their stun weapons could be heard over the rain, adding to the tense moment as they too were unsure of this man's intent.

-----

"Lady, if your food is firstly not black and charred and secondly enough to put down large pet dogs on contact then you are an amazing cook by my standards, that and i may not be overtly... religious... its nice to have the reasoning thoughts and suggestions that most shepherds tend to bring with them. If you're willing I'd be happy to set you up with a room, a kitchen and whatever you may need to be all... shepherd-y around my ship, just no converting or preaching, please."

He stopped for a moment then turned to Redge and looked at him for a moment, "Jacques Cobb, captain Jacques Cobb... The last person who I mentioned my last name to hit me in the jaw with the butt of a shotgun, I hope you aren't going to do that to me... Are you?" eying him for a moment, tossing up whether or not to duck, run or hold his ground for a moment, passing it off and turning to the third man, "Come on, don't be scared, you haven't said a thing..."

This 'captain' seemed the kind of person who couldn't stand a moment's silence, a slight insecurity about him that made him weird enough to be interesting... that and as sober as he now appeared he smelled from high heavens like powerful yet cheap alcohol.

"Anyone else want a spot on my ship, going cheap... Well, free actually, I'll be paying you"

Blockhead
'Heh, I'm not gonna to hit you sonny. Too old fer that kinda rough and tumble. Although if you're offering a place on yer ship, you'll be needing my mechanical expertise. If it's got cogs, wires and an engine I can fix it. Redge Smith's the name.' Redge stood up and extended a hand.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom nodded with a sly smirk on his face.

"Nice ta meet ya Cap'n... i'd be interested in a spot on yer ship if you'll have me. I can handle certain tasks around the ship, and... I'm good with a gun...Real good, if ya be needing help in that department."

Dom Chuckled.

"My name's Dominic, ya can call me Dom if ya like."

Wavemaninawe
Unfortunately she wasn't much for misjudging, eyeing him suspiciously after his comment on the Regent class ships, "Ok, stop there..." she momentarily stopped worrying about her current placing in the downpour to do her job, "Don't think me an idiot sir, it is a criminal offense to mislead federal officers and if you think for a moment that I would believe that load of goserh-drivel, you've got another thing coming... Now, what are you doing here and I'm gonna want to see some ID!" the others seemed to get her meaning, a crack of knuckles on the grips of their stun weapons could be heard over the rain, adding to the tense moment as they too were unsure of this man's intent.

Goins gave the quartet a quick glance. They were still grouped quite closely together. The leader was within reach and he knew that gunslingers habitually overestimated their weapons. He could easily get hold of her before she could bring her weapon to a firing position. Shake her up a bit with a quick strike and seize her as a human shield.... and then what? Hope that all the remaining 3 would somehow fail to react in the 2 seconds necessary to accomplish this? That perhaps the other patrol decided to leave early? That nobody considered calling for reinforcements? It would be a certain death sentence. As would running.

His expression changed quickly as he stared the squad leader straight in the eyes with his best attempt at portraying disbelief and irritation.

"Mislead? Officer... my ship supposed to cast off within next 15 minutes and I can't miss it. Mustn't. My luggage already stored onboard. It's name 's Spotted Owl... booking agent, fellow by the name of Earl Johansen standing over at the southern entrance all day up until now. Has my identification for confirmation. Please, I don't have no time for this."

Aliies
Her eyes narrowed, nodding slightly, but that wasn't the end of it.
"You know its law to carry your Idents on you at all times, especially at the docks."

"Either way, allow me to escort you to your ship then, sir... To verify your story, if anything" the woman had stopped completely in her concern for the rain, the others weren't so willing but followed orders as the drench intensified.

------

There was a shrill beeping emintating from the Captain's wrist, a small comm bracelet, quite expensive one too began to wail a warning.

"Feds are doing their rounds, I'm a rather popular person so i won't be hanging around for autographs, if you catch my meaning. Ok, Dom... A sling jockey is always welcome, you sir with the gruff demeanor and the non-hitting of me are welcome as I need a mechanic and i already invited the lovely shepherd here..." he seemed to be rushing things along, just as well a loud thud from the hallway sounded what the alarm was for.

"Captain Jacques Cobb, we know you're in here somewhere, the building is surrounded!" a voice called out over the sudden screaming of fleeing commoners.

"Eh? What did I do this time" he immediately began inspecting the tiny window of the room for an escape rout, "Must be for that Uranium pull a few months back..." he muttered to himself, stripping the curtains off of the mountings and tearing at the locking mechanism.

Another sharp crash as another door was kicked down nearby, by the sounds of footsteps roughly five federals, or so Jax thought.

"They won't be after you unless you come with me, you ready to put your foot in it? No better way to test your mettle than against disgruntled Feds" the window finally broke free as the thumping reached the room's door, the gaunt shape of Jax turned and drew on a pistol, gesturing for the others to move and just as the barrier was brought down he pulled off a few rounds, not hitting anything, just to startle them into cover.

A tear gas grenade bounced off of the door frame, "Oh dear, things are about to get dicey" he said quickly, darting out the window onto the fire escape and contrary to what was said there was no one waiting outside for them.

Blockhead
'Hey, wait fer me sonny!' Cried Redge as he half-dashed and hopped through the window.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the door, He nodded at Maggie *smiling* and glanced at the window.
"Ladies First"

boiled_egg
Maggie glanced back at the cupboard, darted to it, pulled out a small satchel and a large 'pole-looking-thing', smiled over her shoulder at Dom as the intruders crashed through her door.

She spun on her toes, launched for the pan on the stove and piffed it at the two first through the door only to receive surprised screams in return as they where covered from head to neck in boiling stew. Then looking to Dom she quickly said, "Shall we?" As she dove with a roll outside and landed gracefully turning back to the window which was now several feet behind her and awaiting her new friend.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom grinned at the stew covered men. "Later Fellas!"

He then leaped out the window and landed near Maggie.

boiled_egg
Maggie smiled and nodded, looking to the two other men and then around her for the most direct exit as she questioned her new Captain, "So I'm guessing we're making our way to the docks?" It just occured to her then that it was pouring with rain and that she still had her half apron on.
Stripping off the apron, she then she ripped off the sleeves of her now slightly clinging shirt, thrusting one peice of torn fabric into her belt so that it was hanging unceremoniously from her side and the other; wrapped around her forehead as she pushed the hair out of her eyes.

Outbound
"You know its law to carry your Idents on you at all times, especially at the docks."

"Either way, allow me to escort you to your ship then, sir... To verify your story, if anything" the woman had stopped completely in her concern for the rain, the others weren't so willing but followed orders as the drench intensified.

------

Khang stood idly by, not quite sure what this strange newcomer was up to exactly, but the Feds had turned their attention away at least. The rain was coming down pretty hard, and it was a fair walk back to his home. He dragged one of the smaller crates up near the docking ramp, the nose of the ship was far enough to keep him out of the rain for now. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable place to be, but it was better than being escorted away by the Feds.

Wavemaninawe

"Thank you officer and apologies for the trouble. Might have been a touch foolish of me to hand over my documents. Seemed such an upstanding fellow. Thought I could manage without them for a few hours. Sorry, I'm rambling...please, lead the way"

It seemed like she at least partially bought his bluff, which was good. On the other hand she was now trying to trick him, which was bad. Either way, there was still time for a miracle.

Goins followed.

Aliies
As a testament to his sheer resiliance, the captain tripped and fell as he tried to unceremoniously climb down on the escape railings, falling two stories into a large pile of something best left undescribed. (Hint: a form of natural fertilizer))

The rain masked the smell he now wore, getting up and giggling madly as he heard his surprise blow up literally in the pursuing officer's faces; a nice primed can of tear gas...

"It is my opinion, and I could be drastically wrong here but I feel that Persephone is not the best place for me at the moment..." he called over the rain hoping that the others could keep up even in the torrential downpour, it was a fair hike and the mud of the dirt path wasn't helping..

--------

Two of the officers, the ones with the itchy trigger fingers walked in line behind Goins after the Federal whipsered a few quick orders to her associates. It was her full intention to allow Goins as much leeway as a lion in a cage at the moment, she had a strong hunch that his cocky accented voice along with the attempted suave manner meant that he was an illegal immigrant here, or an unlisted smuggler. Either way with two stun-rifle barrels mere inches from his back he would have to think rather fast considering her two assigned men were jumpy recruits.

"Which ship did you say sir?" gesturing towards the open port, in the darkness and the pouring rain there was nothing but the bleak sihllouettes of the numerous vessels as they approched.

Here we'll see just how prepared he is, she thought wickedly to herself.

boiled_egg
Maggie's eyebrow rose slightly, "Then where do you suggest we go?" She replied over the increasing downpour and as she spoke her mind began to run over the limited possibilites that she knew of in the immediate vicinity.

Aliies
"How else does one get off of a planet..." he said in the midst of another sporadic giggle, still thinking of how much it hurt landing in that dung pile, it made him laugh, "My ship, in the docks!"

Federal hovercar sirens wailed in the distance, growing closer.

"Aww gimme a break... It was only a few reactor rods, not like I... killed the crew, geez" he muttered to himself as he continued to run.

Blockhead
Redge followed the rather unlucky Captain's lead, still grumbling to himself and completely ignoring the mud and squelching through it without a care in the world.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom grinned as he quietly followed them and kept an eye out for the feds.
He enjoyed this heavy rain, figured where he was goin he probably wouldn't feel it again anytime soon.

boiled_egg
Maggie continued along with the rest of the men, dodging a few sleeping characters and numerous stumbling drunks as the small group weaved through the back streets, making their way as quickly as physically possible toward the docks and their escape.

Wavemaninawe

Two of the officers, the ones with the itchy trigger fingers walked in line behind Goins after the Federal whipsered a few quick orders to her associates. It was her full intention to allow Goins as much leeway as a lion in a cage at the moment, she had a strong hunch that his cocky accented voice along with the attempted suave manner meant that he was an illegal immigrant here, or an unlisted smuggler. Either way with two stun-rifle barrels mere inches from his back he would have to think rather fast considering her two assigned men were jumpy recruits.

"Which ship did you say sir?" gesturing towards the open port, in the darkness and the pouring rain there was nothing but the bleak sihllouettes of the numerous vessels as they approched.

Here we'll see just how prepared he is, she thought wickedly to herself.

Goins didn't need to track the 2 officers with his eyes as they dropped behind. The exchanged glances with the commander and the distance they kept was enough tell him that they moved into firing positions. There was still too much open space to attempt running. He would somehow need to get the commander between himself and those guns in order to make a break for it. With her still beside him there wasn't really any options.

Instead he glanced through the port for an instant. The shadows were thick and the rows of ships were parked quite close to each other. The troopers would have to consider the risk of friendly fire in the dark. An issue he himself had no concern with. "If only I hadn't done pawned my gorram pistol... if only I'd bothered learn to use it properly" Goins thought and then caught himself "still 4 them and 1 you, stupid... just run".

He looked back at the Fed stoically and curled a faint smile. "Spotted Owl's the name. Please, lead the way."

Aliies
The officer was about to scoff, believing that 'spotted owl' was the worst example of an improvised nick name until the dead of night was broken by a shrill gunshot and wailing sirens in the distance.

Her comms and those of her fellow officers sounded in for the arrest of a tall, gaunt man wanted for illegal salvage and inspection-dodging, now for the attack of two Federal marshals.
They decided to ignore Goins and leave him to the drenching rain all alone, moving in towards the entry-ramps a couple of hundred meters away at a sprint.

-----------

Jacques was already clear of the ramps, the marshalls ran straight passed him and the others without realizing as the captain closed the distance to his ship, skidding to a halt to see the two others taking refuge in the shade of his ship's forward section.

"New recruits? get onboard!" at that moment he didnt really care who or what they were, it was obvious they were waiting for him by the entrance of his ship which still lay open.

Inside the Lorinda it was dank, smelly and dark; at least a few many months of use and no cleaning despite being opened all this time, a few items from the hangar bay had been stolen by oppourunists but nothing truly of value was gone...

Aside from one the two mule-bikes that had lain dormant.
As everyone scrambled on board, Jax turned and hit the controls to seal the doors; a hideous squeal of poorly lubricated slides made the operation painfully slow, it would take a minute that he might not have seeign as the sirens drew closer.

boiled_egg
Maggie straightened up and allowed her breath to calm itself before turning to glance at each of her new 'crew-mates' before undoing her hair and letting it fall around her face.
She turned to Jacques, "Probably a good idea for us to leave...don't you think so?" Her tone was suggesting that of almost sarcasm, what with the hasty boarding of the dingy ship.

Blockhead
Redge said nothing and proceeded immediatly to see the state the engine was in.

"Wo bu shin wo dah yan jing! It's a wonder this boat can even take off!" He announced as he took in an eyeful of the patched up, shakey engine. Redge walked up to a mic in the engine room and spoke into it. "I'll be tryin' to keep us from explodin', don't ya be mindin' my own." He spoke, as he took out a spanner and began fully inspecting the engine.

Wavemaninawe
Goins blew a sigh of relief. This was hardly the first time he had been faced with bad company but locking horns with the Feds was usually quite a suicidal past time. At least unless you had a personal army to present your point of view.

He studied the familiar motley crew that scrambled on board the raggedy Firefly and considered the option. "Know nothing about those people... might actually be worse than the feds. Although they did help that drunk, suggests they're decent folks. Then again... same drunk is now leading them. Goins sighed again... turned his head one last time towards the town, listened to the approaching sirens and then walked up the ramp at a swift pace. "Any chance no matter how small... Persephone is too hot at the moment and I don't have the means to cover my hide here."

Goins in his usual subtle fashion came in from the rain and straight up to Jax face. "We seem to have a common interest..."

Shad0w_Frost
Dom rushed aboard the ship with the others.

MIŠT
Khang could see now was no time for questions, as the bizarre mix of people hurried into the ship. He followed them in and prepared himself for what seemed like another interesting adventure.

Aliies
"If that common interest is running gorram-heck outta here then by all means!" the squeal of the door finally closing pierced his ears, forcing him to stick a finger in one to deaden the sound.

"Awwright, lets get moiving!" he raced up to the bridge, bouncing off the rails and walls as he went, settling down into the chair and strapping up, the engines began to vibrate hazardously into life.

"ETA to takeoff, two minutes thirty! Can you speed that up a little?" he called in to Redge.

boiled_egg
Maggie jogged behind the captain and glanced about, "You need some that can read a map?" She asked just after he'd raised his voice at the mechanic.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom strolled about,perfectly relaxed and memorizing the ship's layout.
He pulled half assembled gun parts out of his pack as he walked, Snapping them together without even looking, He assembled his assault rifle and loaded it with ammo.

boiled_egg
Maggie glanced back at Dom and a small smile graced her features.

Blockhead
"I can try Cap'n.... Gorram piece of...." Replied Redge. Moving over to a small console built into the wall, Redge typed in some technical commands and began to rewire a few coloured wires beneath the main engine. For a moment the engine appears as if it would die on them, but suddenly a whoose noise was heard the the hum of the engine grew louder.

"That be as fast as she'll go Cap'n." He said back to the bridge.

Wavemaninawe
"If that common interest is running gorram-heck outta here then by all means!" the squeal of the door finally closing pierced his ears, forcing him to stick a finger in one to deaden the sound.

"Awwright, lets get moiving!" he raced up to the bridge, bouncing off the rails and walls as he went, settling down into the chair and strapping up, the engines began to vibrate hazardously into life.

"ETA to takeoff, two minutes thirty! Can you speed that up a little?" he called in to Redge.

All the people moving with fluidity and focus was a comforting sight. Backgrounds was an issue to worry about later. Seeing that nobody but Jax headed for the cockpit, Goins stuck to habit and took seat in the pilot chair. "Where to, Skipper?"

boiled_egg
Maggie stepped out of the way for the man to pass her and gave up trying to address the captain at such a pressing time so she walked out of the cockpit and toward Dom, steadying herself as the ship rocked slightly to her right, "You've been on a ship before?" She asked the equally calm man infront of her.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom smiled and replied to Maggie. "Heh, a few times here and there... I've been shuttled all throughout the 'verse doin all sorts of crazy jobs."

Dom then handed Maggie a handful of spare random bolts and gun parts.
"heh, i always seem to have leftover's ...Ah well! " *he smirked*

"What about you? you been on a ship before?"

boiled_egg
Maggie put the spares into a compartment in her satchel and looked back to Dom, nodding slightly.

"Uh huh, I'm an ex mercenary...I took to the life of a shepherd after a life of violence almost literally put me to death both physically and mentally. Though it's been a few years since I've been on a ship."

Aliies
"Its nice that you can find the time to sit around and chat!" Jax called over the shrill beeping of a dozen warning buzzers telling him that to take off so suddenly was a mistake, naturally he ignored them, all but one...

The ship's docking clamps had been engaged, meaning they had I.D'ed the ship and had impounded it right from underneath them, there was only one option... He had to call in a favor.

Punching in a few commands here and there, shimmying between the flight sticks, the navi-comp and the communication relay, Jacques called up the officer in the control tower.

"Firefly Lorinda stand down all engine activity and proceed to open your cargo bay doors for inspection in suspicion of harboring a known fugitive, non-compliance will result in the immediate decommision of your vessel, do you respond." the man said it like clockwork, the video feed showed him looking away at a control panel and not at Jax.

"Thre words; Wild-Flamingo-I.O.U's" Jax said simply, he chuckled as the officer sighed heavily into the microphone.
"Consider us even then, you old bastard..." the control tower replied, moments after the ship's clamps disengaged and the Lorinda hovered gracefully off of the landing platform with dozens of Alliance federals scurrying around the base, firing light arms at the hull like shooting a rhino with a BB gun.

Just to mix things up, the giggling captain kicked the vectors into full drive, sending a non-lethal blast of hot air down at the men and women, knocking them all off their feet before he kicked in the drive and broke atmo.

Naturally, the controll tower fed half-hearted directions to the gunships that searched for the Lorinda; by the time they had found her trail, she was already at full burn and into the black.

-------

He spent a few minutes in silence, lewaning back in the chair and mulling over just how slow his response time was getting, and that these favors he had earned in earlier years were beginnning to run dry, seeing as persephone was hostile ground for him his career outlook was drastically bleak for the forseeable future.

As suddenly as anything, Jax spun around and faced the other two who had stood behind him during all of that.

"Who's hungry?" he leapt up quickly and passed them, down the stair before anyone could reply, busying himself with alliance ration-bars in the kitchen, of course they were obviously stolen.

boiled_egg
Maggie raised an eyebrow after all the commotion and shook her head slightly, "I think I might locate suitable quarters while I have the chance..." She commented idly out aloud for anyone within earshot to hear and walked slowly toward one of the hatches.

MIŠT
Khang walked into the kitchen and sat down, wasn't much for him to be doing at the moment. Seemed like the captain had a few tricks up his sleeve to get away from the Feds, men like that usually led....interesting...lives. He decided to get a feel for the man.

"So, was that what you'd call a 'usual' departure, if you don't mind me askin'?" he said.

Aliies
"Yeah, last time they sent postcards, tryign to get me to come back in a straght jacket..." he said idly, not really caring if he made sense or not.

Usinga mortar, he ground the ration slabs into a powder and reconstitued them into a rich nutrient soup; not the best flavor around but it had everything you need in it. He made enough for everyone, so long as he had counted right... In a moment he felt that it might be proper to actually explore his own ship and find out just who the heck had joined him.

MIŠT
"Safe to say you're not on their side at the least. So, you a Browncoat or somethin'? You talk like one, act like one...", Khang paused, not sure if he was entering into a touchy subject or not.

Blockhead
Redge waltzed into the kitchen, his face amuck with grease and dust. He took a cloth from a pocket and wiped his face. This did nothing except smudge the grease and take off a thin layer of dust. He stood by the door. "We'll be needin' some new parts fer that engine of yers, Cap'n. If you intend to keep flyin' straight 'n' true that is. I can tell you the technical side of it, if yer wantin' to hear it." He said.

boiled_egg
Maggie had by now moved onto the third room and glanced over at the now semi-empty walkway, sighing and joining the others in the kitchen. As she entered she noticed all the faces of the 'new' crew then the 'interesting' smell of the nutrient bar soup...or whatever it was.

Wavemaninawe
Goins was a bit surprised by a captain who piloted his own boat. Most people in that position whom he had encountered considered themselves above such a menial task and tended to hire jocks for the purpose.

Even more surprising was Jax's impulse to rush off the bridge and leave a total stranger at the helm of his boat... to cook?

Goins remained seated and took his time to study any controls that he could find.

Aliies
Jax paused at the question, looking blankly at Khang.

"I'd rather not talk about it... Let's leave it at that" he said grimly, then turning to the greasy-mess of a man known as Redge, he put up a finger each time he made a point, counting; "Women, booze, money... Technical information doesn't even equate enough of an interest on my part."

He took one of the bowls of richly-smelling protien soup, adding a mountain of paprika and salt before taking a slurp from a ladle, the twitch in his eye was not very assuring of it's taste.

"Not bad..."

MIŠT
Khang gave a slight nod, accepting the man's privacy. In his experience, everyone had their own stories, not many liked to share.

He looked up and noticed the woman who had gotten on board earlier enter the room. A thought occurred that he wasn't actually sure how many people were on the boat, guess that would come later.

Blockhead
Redge sighed. "Damn youngins and their... *grumble grumble*" He mumbled to himself, grabbing himself a loaf of bread that appeared stale he bit into it, its crust crunching under the power of his surprisingly intact teeth. "Wouldn't hap'n to have a hammock I could up in the engine room do ya? I feel most at home near a noisy engine and I wouldn't be wantin' everyone to go without quarters or nuthin'." Said Redge.

Shad0w_Frost
Dom had now entered the room with the others and took a seat.

boiled_egg
Maggie had since let her nerves calm somewhat as she noticed a pair of eyes wander across her form. She in turn took in the man's appearance and made a note to speak to him later as she walked over to the stove and a very unconvincing 'cook'.
She unslung her satchel and let it fall to the bench next to the grotty stove as she looked to the man, "May I?"

Aliies
"By all means!" he said to both Redge and to Maggie, "A hammock for you and a kitchen for you" he smiled stupidly, the rich nutrient soup dribbled down his chin, he didn't even seem to notice.

As his makeshift goatee dripped the last of his recent take of the shoddy meal Jax leant his neck to the side, issuing a bone-sickening series of crunch and pop noises; remnants from his miraculous escape from the fire ladders, though that kind of thing seemed natural for this man as it didn't bother him any further.

As soon as Maggie drew near the grimy stove, as if it had a sentient presence it's front grill broke free and a pile of rust and dried grease poured out.

"Uhh, yeah... It does that..." he muttered idly, cringing again as he slurped his sickly creation.

boiled_egg
Maggie's eyebrow rose and she stepped over the mess to crane her somewhat elegant yet muscular frame over the pot, she sniffed it and didnt even blink as the 'interesting' scent hit her nostrils. Her left hand; seemingly with a mind of its own, dove swiftly into the open satchel to retreive two small vials and a small pouch. Maggie then emptied small amounts from each of the three containers into the 'stew'. She then replaced the stoppers nimbly with her right hand and tied up the string on the satchel as her left hand shot back into the satchel and produced an airtight container.
Maggie very quickly emptied half of the containers contents into the stew and gave it a good stir. Within less than a minute the 'interesting' smell became quite a pleasant one.
She turned back to Jax and smiled slightly, "Give that a try." She suggested.

Aliies
Dipping some of the mouldy bread into the mix, he gave it a good whiff before landing it on his tongue and tearing the soaked piece off.

It took a few moments and a couple of grunts for his expression to change, leaning back and stroking his chin, finally realizing it was also soaked.

"Little lady, I hope you came on board this boat to cook because that's your job from now on" he said rather formally, turning away from everyone to wipe his chin before trotting off down towards the engine bay, turning right into the common room to see who else he had picked up.

boiled_egg
Maggie smiled slightly and nodded before the man left the room. She turned slightly to the group, "If anyone's hungry I suggest you eat now while we all have the time." She said before turning her attention to the mess made by the stove, "Hmmmmm, I have a feeling this will be one interesting ride." She muttered to herself.

Blockhead
"Yer tellin' me ma'am." Replied Redge. "I'll have a look at that stove later if yer wantin'. He said, while approaching the stew and dunking some bread into it. He quickly wolfed down the food without much thought.

boiled_egg
Maggie looked to Redge and smiled a little with a slight nod before stepping aside and retreiving her satchel. "That'd be much appreciated." She replied smoothly and slung the satchel over her shoulder while lifting her mass of dreadlocks so they wouldnt get caught in the strap.

Wavemaninawe
Goins harbored a habitual discomfort around strangers but realised that he couldn't stay holed up in the 'pit or in some cabin for the duration of the ride. Eventually people would begin to ask questions and decide to make his stay unpleasantly short.

Having studied the helm's layout to satisfaction, he engaged the autopilot, locking the boat on it's current course and walked off towards the mess room.

MIŠT
Khang noticed the man who had distracted the feds earlier come into the room from the bridge. "Must be the pilot then", he thought.

"So where are we headed now?", he asked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.