Super Smash Bros Soccer (Teams)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Becci
Alright. Imagine there is a soccer game with the following characters:

Team 1:
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Peach
Donkey Kong
Snake

Team 2:
Pikachu
Samus
Ganondorf
Bowser
Fox

Rules:
- The ball is indestructable, as is the goals and the field. Everything is also inside a stadium with roof (Also indestructable)
- Powers are allowed, but not to fight. Yellow and red cards will be executed in case of foul play.
- The duration of the game is 3*90 minutes.
- The character are as they appear in SSB(1/M/B), and not how they appear in other games.
- The thread is about which team be the best soccer team, not which team that has the character that can 'solo' everything. Which TEAM would work the best on the field. I am talking about team-work, as well as attributes and combined usage of it.

Yes, this is an experimental thread because I am tired and bored.

NonSensi-Klown
Team 2 loses, but Ganondorf vaporizes the stadium. So in the end he wins.

Peach
Ganondorf and Bowser don't really strike me as the teamwork type. They'd probably both try and boss about their team and end up fighting with each other.

So Team 1 would probably end up winning.

Dark-Jaxx
Putting Ganon AND Bowser on the same team?

No one is blocking their kicks.

Becci
I imagined that Captain Falcon and Donkey Kong could get a few blocks between kicks. After further consideration though, I imagine putting the two in the same team would cause some conflicts revolving team leadership and such, and in the end, resulting in bad teamwork and a loss. Strength in kicks is not everything wink

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Putting Ganon AND Bowser on the same team?

No one is blocking their kicks.

Ganon and Bowser would never get to the ball. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Nigga it's a TEAM SPORT.

It's called PASSING.

Peach
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Ganon and Bowser would never get to the ball. no expression

This is true. Pikachu would be the dangerous one on that team, he's so fast.

NonSensi-Klown
Nigga it's a TEAM SPORT.

crylaugh

General Kaliero
I imagine Sheik would make a pretty scary soccer player, too. She could ninja the ball all over the field.

I'd give it to Team 1 because partway through the game Ganondorf and Bowser start fighting each other, get carded, and Team 2 doesn't stand a chance with two men down.

Becci
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I imagine Sheik would make a pretty scary soccer player, too. She could ninja the ball all over the field.

I'd give it to Team 1 because partway through the game Ganondorf and Bowser start fighting each other, get carded, and Team 2 doesn't stand a chance with two men down.

This is true, but Pikachu and Fox are both very fast. Probably fastest on the field, followed by Cap. Falcon on third. Even with two members out of the team, they could probably still prove dangerous.

Dark-Jaxx
Actually, I have already tested this.

Captain Falcon is faster than Pikachu and Fox.

NonSensi-Klown
Via gameplay mechanics?

Fox moves so fast he leaves after images.

Becci
Pikachu and Fox both have abilities where they move at such speed that they are nothing but a line. Falcon is fast, but he is no 'speedblitzer' wink His movement doesnt go about saying 'zip' everytime he puts his back into it.

Becci
Via gameplay mechanics?

Fox moves so fast he leaves after images.

It is not mechanics. They are gameplay moves.

Dark-Jaxx
Captain Falcon as far as pure running goes is faster.

His reflexes are top knotch as well.

Only his specials are slow, for some weird reason.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Becci
It is not mechanics. They are gameplay moves.

no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Well dude...WTF else are we gonna go by? no expression

NonSensi-Klown
... the cutscenes?

Dark-Jaxx
...SSB has cutscenes? no expression

NonSensi-Klown
Brawl does.

Awesome ones at that.

Rn0F-w4wii4

Nothing helpful though, least not for Falcon.

One showing Marth and Meta-Knight convince me they can hang with Jedi in a swordfight, though.

Becci
Captain Falcon as far as pure running goes is faster.

His reflexes are top knotch as well.

Only his specials are slow, for some weird reason.

I imagine Sheik and Captain Falcon to be the biggest threat in Team 1, but I seriously believe Fox is fast enough to keep on toe with Captain Falcon, while Pikachu would be the king of the ball on the field. Samus is not that slow either and could probably deliver quite the kicks.

NonSensi-Klown
Fox is pretty crazy.

hR8CExko1io

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Becci
I imagine Sheik and Captain Falcon to be the biggest threat in Team 1, but I seriously believe Fox is fast enough to keep on toe with Captain Falcon, while Pikachu would be the king of the ball on the field. Samus is not that slow either and could probably deliver quite the kicks. If Bowser is goalie, no one is getting the ball past him.

Pikachi is small, he can dribble the ball and no one could catch him due to size, once passed to Ganon, a single kick will send it flying, and no one could stop it.

NonSensi-Klown
If Bowser is goalie, no one is getting the ball past him.

Bowser is slow and fat and can't maneuver well. Being big has nothing to do with ebing a goalie. Only thing that matetrs is reflexes and speed.

Pikachi is small, he can dribble the ball and no one could catch him due to size,

Size doesn't matter in soccer... this isn't football.

... why?

Becci
If Bowser is goalie, no one is getting the ball past him.

Pikachi is small, he can dribble the ball and no one could catch him due to size, once passed to Ganon, a single kick will send it flying, and no one could stop it.

This is all assuming that the team could be held intact with Ganon and Bowser side by side. They both would be rather bossy and I do not imagine either one would settle with not being leader, resulting in team disorientation.

But yes, Ganondorf's kick would be devestating, but I imagine Donkey Kong and perhaps Peach capable of blocking them.

NonSensi-Klown
Anyone with speed could block it.

Becci
I think Sheik and Snake might be too light to block a kick by Ganondorf. He is quite the powerhouse.

NonSensi-Klown
I don't think people realize that if extreme power really meant anything there would be more big guys in Soccer. There aren't really all that much.

Speed, aim, and handling matter much more then power does. Ganon has not shown that he is really all that excellent at any of those three...

Dark-Jaxx
Bowser is slow and fat and can't maneuver well. Being big has nothing to do with ebing a goalie. Only thing that matetrs is reflexes and speed.

Pikachi is small, he can dribble the ball and no one could catch him due to size,

Size doesn't matter in soccer... this isn't football.

... why? 1. Bowser is as big as the net. no expression What moving would he have to do?

2. Sure it does, if he can maneuver around the field and even go through people's legs, why not?

3. Because Ganon in SSB can kick people that easily weigh 1,000 pounds flying 1000s of feet. no expression

And no one on the other team except maybe Kong is that strong.

Sure, power doesn't mean much in real Soccer.

But this isn't real soccer is it? no expression

Ganon is so physically powerful he can probably kick the ball over 200 miles an hour. no expression

NonSensi-Klown
Really? Bower is 24 feet wide? eek!

Because they're trained to kick an object that's about a foot in diameter? Pikachu can't even move that fast because he doesn't have feet to kick the ball while he moves, meaning he has to balance it on his nose or mouth while running. You can't do that while moving fast, and because he doesn't have hands he'd have to stop to turn. He can't juke and jive.

Never thousands. The stages aren't even thousands of feet long. And mechanics. Going by that Pikachu with a fan in his hand can stun enemies and knock them just as far with a head butt.

Doesn't matter.

Right into the audience, thus making it an out.

Dark-Jaxx
Really? Bower is 24 feet wide? eek!

Because they're trained to kick an object that's about a foot in diameter? Pikachu can't even move that fast because he doesn't have feet to kick the ball while he moves, meaning he has to balance it on his nose or mouth while running. You can't do that while moving fast, and because he doesn't have hands he'd have to stop to turn. He can't juke and jive.

Never thousands. The stages aren't even thousands of feet long. And mechanics. Going by that Pikachu with a fan in his hand can stun enemies and knock them just as far with a head butt.

Doesn't matter.

Right into the audience, thus making it an out. 1. In Super Mario Sunshine he was. 131

2. They are!? eek! I didn't know ANY of these characters were actually TRAINED to play Soccer! Though the Pika being small thing is a valid point. Fine then. But then I choose Fox. no expression

3. Typo, meant 100s. Mechanics are all we have to go by, and Ganon next to Bowser is the strongest character in the game.

4. Yes it does.

5. Nope. Into the net.

NonSensi-Klown
2. They are!? eek! I didn't know ANY of these characters were actually TRAINED to play Soccer!

Technically just about everyone associated with Mario knows how to play soccer. They play in offical tourny's and everything.

Who knew? no expression

Well, Fox rapes.

Going by those same mechanics Pikachu and just about everyone can launch people just as far as he can. Ike can kill someone who has 60% damage with one regular attack. Not smash or special, just regular Up-A.

Nah.

He'll never get the chance.

k1Lla441
Team 2 loses, but Ganondorf vaporizes the stadium. So in the end he wins. the stadium is indestructible. team 1 wins.

NonSensi-Klown
The stadium is indestructible.

The audience isn't. no expression

k1Lla441
Actually, I have already tested this.

Captain Falcon is faster than Pikachu and Fox.
thank you, thank you, thank you. no one even noticed. i tested this out many times, and in smash brothers c. falcon is the fastest.

NonSensi-Klown
He also has the worst traction.

So being all that fast won't help him much when's sliding up and down the field.

Dark-Jaxx
Technically just about everyone associated with Mario knows how to play soccer. They play in offical tourny's and everything.

Who knew? no expression

Well, Fox rapes.

Going by those same mechanics Pikachu and just about everyone can launch people just as far as he can. Ike can kill someone who has 60% damage with one regular attack. Not smash or special, just regular Up-A.

Nah.

He'll never get the chance. 1. Not in SSB, which is all that counts in this thread.

2. Of course, he's friggin Star Fox.

3. Ike is one of the strongest people in the game. Ganon can do similar with the elbow attack, one of my faves.

4. Yeah.

5. Why not? Hell, why doesn't Ganon just go demon and headbutt the ball into the net, knocking any in his way flying? no expression

NonSensi-Klown
1. Not in SSB, which is all that counts in this thread.

touche.'

Which is a smash attack. And like I said Pikachu can do the same thing. Every character can.

You can prove he can aim the ball that well? If they have no soccer training then they don't know how to properly even hit the ball.

C. C. Cowgirl!
1. In Super Mario Sunshine he was. 131

But this is SSB Bowser 313 The best looking version on top of all things wink

I would say team 1 wins. Sheik is a really badass kicker and Captain Falcon is a really badass runner. If the two work together, they should make it as the winners. When I play SSBM, Sheik is my favorite due to the awesome kicks and teleport wink

Becci
Originally posted by k1Lla441
thank you, thank you, thank you. no one even noticed. i tested this out many times, and in smash brothers c. falcon is the fastest.

What do you mean, no one even noticed? Captain Falcon runs the fastest, this is a fact, but he would not be able to keep up with characters such as Fox and Pikachu.

MadMel
if this plays out anything like mario strikers charged, then team 1 wins erm
going by SSBB, team 1 still wins due to sheiks tele..

Dark-Jaxx
touche.'

Which is a smash attack. And like I said Pikachu can do the same thing. Every character can.

You can prove he can aim the ball that well? If they have no soccer training then they don't know how to properly even hit the ball. 1. Rofl win.

2. Not if you don't hold it. 131 Ganon's up and A kick can do the same thing, and that is not a smash attack. Sure, every character can do it if you get their health % high enough, but Ganon is factually among the strongest characters, up there with Bowser, and is moreso than DK.

3. Can you prove anyone on either team can aim the ball well? no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.