Hardcore and Metal bands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tylerTOXICITY
Whats your favorite hardcore band?|

Mine:
Norma Jean.
I Killed The Prom Queen.
Haste The Day.
The Black Dahlia Murder.
Waking The Cadaver.
From First To Last.

XvampbenjiiX666
mine:

cradle of filth
dimmu borgir
gorgoroth
carpathian forest
old man's child
kult ov azazel
thornspawn
archgoat
bleeding through
alesana
all that remains...i think thats a wee bit more than i should have posted

RedAlertv2
Interesting interpretation of what hardcore is.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Interesting interpretation of what hardcore is. hardcore...bleeding through, old school avenged sevenfold, old school atreyu...damn, what other hardcore cds do i have?

Impediment
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
hardcore...bleeding through, old school avenged sevenfold, old school atreyu...damn, what other hardcore cds do i have?

Umm.......no. Not even close. Those bands are just plain terrible.

Black Flag, Bad Brains, D.O.A., Minor Threat, The Minutemen, SS Decontrol, Jerry's Kids, The Circle Jerks, Agnostic Front.

THOSE are hardcore bands.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Impediment
Umm.......no. Not even close. Those bands are just plain terrible.

Black Flag, Bad Brains, D.O.A., Minor Threat, The Minutemen, SS Decontrol, Jerry's Kids, The Circle Jerks, Agnostic Front.

THOSE are hardcore bands. not really...they're mostly punk...

Impediment
I thought we were discussing Hardcore? I mean, isn't Hardcore derived from punk? What other hardcore is there?

XvampbenjiiX666
I thought we were discussing Hardcore? I mean, isn't Hardcore derived from punk? What other hardcore is there? ahh...i was thinking of more on the lines of screamo hardcore

RedAlertv2
There is hardcore punk and thats it, as far as hardcore goes.

occultdestroyer
As I Lay Dying
Killswitch Engage
Heaven Shall Burn
Light This City
Herbrightskies
Sky Eats Airplane

Slay
hardcore...bleeding through, old school avenged sevenfold, old school atreyu...damn, what other hardcore cds do i have? Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
not really...they're mostly punk... Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
ahh...i was thinking of more on the lines of screamo hardcore
This, is why you'll never get a break.

MildPossession
<---- does not think much of 'screamo' stuff at all, and never has enjoyed music where most of it is some person REALLY screaming/shouting the lyrics. There are some good ones I've heard but it's rare for me to enjoy it. Same for Black Metal.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Slay
This, is why you'll never get a break. becaue i state the music i like?

Slay
becaue i state the music i like?
Because you arrogantly claim that bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu are hardcore, only to then state that bands like Minor Threat and Bad Brains aren't.

k1Lla441
Hardcore? half the bands you guys are naming are trash main stream bands that arent hardcore at all.

here are some hardcore and/or metal bands that are either ok or really good:

Hatebreed
throwdown
from first to last (eh, some of there old songs)
despised icon
slayer
korn
rolo tomassi
chimaira
slipknot (old stuff)
otep
bring me the horizon

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by k1Lla441
Hardcore? half the bands you guys are naming are trash main stream bands that arent hardcore at all.

Hatebreed
throwdown
despised icon
slayer
korn
rolo tomassi
chimaira
slipknot (old stuff)
otep
bring me the horizon
What the f**k?

Are you ****ing high??

Only retarded n00bs would classify KoRn and From First to Last as Hardcore or Metal bands

wicker_man
Way to many Metal bands to list, it's my life.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by k1Lla441

Hatebreed
throwdown
despised icon
slayer
korn
rolo tomassi
chimaira
slipknot (old stuff)
otep
bring me the horizon

slayer is thrash...chimaira is metalcore...hatebreed...yes along with bury your dead..

The Grey Fox
I saw Bury Your Dead, Parkway Drive, and Suicide Silence live with a friend

Not my kind of music at all, but it was alright live. The people at the concert were absolute nutters, though.

MildPossession
metalcore... ha ha.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What the f**k?

Are you ****ing high??

Only retarded n00bs would classify KoRn and From First to Last as Hardcore or Metal bands
no im not high. korn is classifed as NU METAL as in metal in the style of nu. look it up if you dont believe me.

and about from first to last, i said SOME of there old stuff, mainly a couple of there heavy songs. your way quick to judge.

deathbycorn
That punk hardcore stuff is just EMO to me, its pure shit. Stuff like Throwdown is proper Hardcore.

The metal bands I listen too the most are Sevendust, Mudvayne, and Hed (PE)

Impediment
Korn does not belong on this list. For that matter, Korn doesn't belong on ANY list.

k1Lla441
look it up, and report me to the moderators that i put a nu metal band in a hardcore and metal bands thread.
face it, there metal, whether you like it or not.

Barbarossa
Originally posted by deathbycorn
That punk hardcore stuff is just EMO to me, its pure shit. Stuff like Throwdown is proper Hardcore.

The metal bands I listen too the most are Sevendust, Mudvayne, and Hed (PE)

Are you serious? That is not an opinion. That statement doesn't even qualify as ignorant trash. For the sake of music lovers worldwide, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Please.

deathbycorn
For the sake of mankind, get over your addiction with The Joker.

You obviously think that Bleeding Through and stuff is hardcore, yeah?

Wrong.

IMO there is 3 types of hardcore in this world.

1. Electronic hardcore techno - (original hardcore, from Holland)
2. Hardcore punk - (punk bands who can't play or sing metal, trying too)
3. Hardcore metal - (proper hardcore)

Barbarossa
For the sake of mankind, get over your addiction with The Joker.

You obviously think that Bleeding Through and stuff is hardcore, yeah?

Wrong.

IMO there is 3 types of hardcore in this world.

1. Electronic hardcore techno - (original hardcore, from Holland)
2. Hardcore punk - (punk bands who can't play or sing metal, trying too)
3. Hardcore metal - (proper hardcore)

Addiction to The Joker? Honestly, where did that come from?

No, I do not think of "Bleeding Through" as Hard Core. Stop making ridiculous assumptions, please. All you are going to accomplish doing so, is insult my intelligence. And make it appear that you posses less.

And your list is as you stated, your opinion. Which in this case, is horribly inaccurate.

Hard Core, is Hard Core punk. It's as simple as that. Don't sully the name of the genre with the trash people like you keep slinging into it. It is the original, and it is the only.

deathbycorn
Take a look at your avatar and sig.

Go to a Fall Out Boy concert, emo. You make me laugh.

Barbarossa
Take a look at your avatar and sig.

Go to a Fall Out Boy concert, emo. You make me laugh.

What of them? Having a themed sig and avi from when the movie was released, makes me obsessed? That is ridiculous, and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Personal insults, eh? Well, for your information. I do enjoy emo. I like the occasional Fugazi, and love later Articles of Faith. However, Fall Out Boy is nothing of their sorts. And I am as far from a fan of theirs as humanly possible.

By the way, thank you for being so petty, immature, ignorant, unintelligent and obnoxious. People like you brighten my day.

Lastly, the fact that you "laugh" at me, and what I am saying, only further proves my original assumptions about you. Mainly, that you are at roughly the same level in appreciation and education of music as say, XvampbenjiiX666?

Have fun enjoying your Seven Dust. *Laughs*

Lara
Korn
Slipknot
S.O.A.D
Soil
Disturbed
Rammstein
Cradle of filth
Limp Biscuit
Linking Park
Drowning pool
Killswitch Engage

and various other stuff these are the ones I could remember, I need to hear new stuff I just dont get the chance.

Ooops I forgot Flyleaf

occultdestroyer
Otep
Walls of Jericho
Bloodlined Calligraphy
Arch Enemy
Nightwish
Light This City
The Agonist

VIVA LA FEMME!!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Barbarossa
Personal insults, eh?...

By the way, thank you for being so petty, immature, ignorant, unintelligent and obnoxious. People like you brighten my day.

Really...?

Honestly, you're gonna have the two-faced gall to actually sit there and say that, considering how you conduct yourself on here?

-AC

jaden101
all the bickering in this thread is a definite reason why the huge numbers, and some of them quite frankly ridiculous, sub genres of metal should just be scrapped....who gives a shit what they're pigeon-holed as...if you like them you like them...if someone else doesn't...big deal...it's called personal taste

Barbarossa
I actually have been behaving myself, for quite some time. I never really insulted him, not attempted any low-blows.

Stop attempting to be so damn abrasive, honestly.

jaden101
is "abrasive" your word of the week?...out of curiousity...you seem to like it

Barbarossa
Originally posted by jaden101
is "abrasive" your word of the week?...out of curiousity...you seem to like it

IIRC, I've used it twice.

jaden101
can't say i've ever had the call to use it except when talking about sand paper or brillo pads...

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Barbarossa
What of them? Having a themed sig and avi from when the movie was released, makes me obsessed? That is ridiculous, and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Personal insults, eh? Well, for your information. I do enjoy emo. I like the occasional Fugazi, and love later Articles of Faith. However, Fall Out Boy is nothing of their sorts. And I am as far from a fan of theirs as humanly possible.

Lastly, the fact that you "laugh" at me, and what I am saying, only further proves my original assumptions about you. Mainly, that you are at roughly the same level in appreciation and education of music as say, XvampbenjiiX666?

Have fun enjoying your Seven Dust. *Laughs*

Dude, I was a DJ at Raves in Sydney for 6 years, I played real hardcore; Dutch hardcore techno. I have plenty of education in music.

And I'm sorry to say it, but your still making me laugh. I'll enjoy Sevendust over a bunch of little emo Marilyn Manson wannabes anyday.

The Grey Fox
My favourite 'hardcore' bands are probably Black Flag and Minor Threat.

Death Metal and Screamo do not count as hardcore, imo. They just use the name because it makes them sound like rebels against the system or something stupid like that.

MildPossession
Hey leave Marilyn Manson alone! stick out tongue

occultdestroyer
Dude, I was a DJ at Raves in Sydney for 6 years, I played real hardcore; Dutch hardcore techno. I have plenty of education in music.

And I'm sorry to say it, but your still making me laugh. I'll enjoy Sevendust over a bunch of little emo Marilyn Manson wannabes anyday.
no expression

Marilyn Manson >>> Sevendust

xknowmahcshitx
OK, it's sickening to me to hear what bands are being called Hardcore. Some of the best current hardcore bands:
-For the Fallen Dreams
-Emmure
-The Acacia Strain
-Bury Your Dead
-Liferuiner
-Stick to Your Guns

If anyone has a question about a type of genre, throw it here.

Impediment
Dead Kennedys. Minor Threat, DRI, Black Flag

These are hardcore bands.

Wolverine2006
ETID
BMTH
Underoath
TDWP
ADTR
August Burns Red
Norma Jean
Silverstein
The Bled

Eon Blue
Originally posted by jaden101
all the bickering in this thread is a definite reason why the huge numbers, and some of them quite frankly ridiculous, sub genres of metal should just be scrapped....who gives a shit what they're pigeon-holed as...if you like them you like them...if someone else doesn't...big deal...it's called personal taste

Yeah, this is the single post that I've agreed with most in this entire thread.

I'll just say that my favorite metal band is Opeth and my favorite hardcore band is Converge. There's much else to know, but I don't feel inclined to post them.

occultdestroyer
The ones I currently listen to:

ZAO
As I Lay Dying
A Thousand Times Repent
Demon Hunter
Slechtvalk
Holy Blood
With Blood Comes Cleansing
A Hope For Home
Norma Jean
A Plea For Purging
Crimson Thorn
Vomitorial Corpulence (most intense I've heard so far)
August Burns Red
Living Sacrifice
ESO-Charis
Extol
Antestor
Frost Like Ashes

NoCountry
holy roller yall, the topic is hardcore and METAL bands. why is everyone freaking out about just hardcore? i dont even like metal or hardcore and i can tell i know more about this stuff then you bickerers do. we got...oh, sleeper, everytime i die, whitechapel, eluveitie, august burns red, as i lay dying, and lastly between the buried and me.

NoCountry
Originally posted by xknowmahcshitx
OK, it's sickening to me to hear what bands are being called Hardcore. Some of the best current hardcore bands:
-For the Fallen Dreams
-Emmure
-The Acacia Strain
-Bury Your Dead
-Liferuiner
-Stick to Your Guns

If anyone has a question about a type of genre, throw it here.

acacia strain and emmure are good. but dude, liferuiner is just the absolute worst band in existence

lord xyz
Does Motorhead count?

Slayer is awesome too.

All I can think of right now.

Tptmanno1
I don't like "Hardcore" stuff, just not my style. I have some Converge and Bad Brains, but its not really my thing.
Metal however, is more my liking,

Opeth
Mastodon
Behemoth
Nile
Gorjia
Krallace
Katatonia
Amophis
Pelican

Stuff like that...

Tattoos N Scars
Type O Negative
Lamb of God
Cannibal Corpse
God Forbid
Oceano
Sepultura
Entombed
Obituary
Suffocation
I'll throw in Classic Ozzy, Alice Cooper..and Rob Zombie

I don't like black metal, so..I'll ignore those bands.

AsbestosFlaygon
Dude, I thought you're just an average Southerner who listens to country music 24/7.

Oceano is a personal fave of mine

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Dude, I thought you're just an average Southerner who listens to country music 24/7.

Oceano is a personal fave of mine

I love country and metal...weird..but true..lol

GrandDaddyPurp
Im gonna have to say

Lamb Of God
Mastodon
Behemoth
Dimmu Borgir
Oceano
Winds of Plague
3 Inches of Blood
Cannibal Corpse
Whitechapel
I could go on forever but ill stop there

Tattoos N Scars
Why hasn't anyone mentioned

Motley Crue
Warrant
Skid Row
Poison
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
Def Leppard
Kiss
White Lion
Guns n Roses
Quiet Riot
Tesla

Those types of bands..lol

RedAlertv2
Prolly cause they arent hardcore or metal

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Why hasn't anyone mentioned

Motley Crue
Warrant
Skid Row
Poison
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
Def Leppard
Kiss
White Lion
Guns n Roses
Quiet Riot
Tesla

Those types of bands..lol
Hah, most of those guys are on my playlist.

KTM
Abandon All Ships
Addison
Adept
After The Burial
Agraceful
Alesana
All That Remains
The Amity Affliction
Antagonist AD
Architects
As Cities Burn
Asking Alexandra
Atlanta Takes State
Atreyu
August Burns Red
Avenged Sevenfold
Before Their Eyes
Behind Crimson Eyes
Between The Buried And Me
The Black Dehlia Murder
The Blackout
Blessthefall
Boysetsfire
Bring Me The Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine
Burdon Of The Day
Carpathian
Change Your Ways
City Escape
Coheed And Cambria
Confession
Confide
Crown Us Theives
Curse At 27
Dance Gavin Dance
A Day To Remember
A Death Among Heroes
Deez Nuts
The Devil Wears Prada
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Dream On Dreamer
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Drowning Pool
Emarosa
Emery
Enter Shikari
Eyes Set To Kill
Fall Of Autumn Skies
Falling For Beloved
Flood Of Red
For The Fallen Dreams
From First To Last
House Vs. Hurricane
I Explode Like
I Killed The Prom Queen
In Fear And Faith
In Trenches
Job For A Cowboy
LoveHateHero
Mary Jane Kelly
Memphis May Fire
Metallica
Miles Away
Miss May I
Missouri Breaks
One Morning Left
Of Machines
Of Mice And Men
Our Last Night
Parkway Drive
Protest The Hero
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
The Red Shore
Rise And Fall
Senses Fail
Sienna Skies
A Skylit Drive
Slipknot
State Of Severance
A Static Lullaby
Suicide Silence
This Hotel Is Insane!
We Came As Romans
Whitechapel
With Wings
Your Demise

Why havent I seen Parkway Drive mentioned.. They are hands down the best metalcore band out there.. If you listened to hardcore then I'm ****ing disgusted you have not heard them.. And now I highly reconmned you listen to them.. songs like Black Out, Romance Is Dead, Guns For Show Knives For A Pro, Home Is For The Heartless, Boneyards, A Cold Day In Hell, Don't Close Your Eyes, Mutiny and Picture Perfect Pathetic.. You will not regret it.

And the bands I have mentioned are like half of what i listen to.
And they are all big favs of mine.. so i know my music..

And i will like to say .. hardcore is not emo.. ****ing screamo which is different from hardcore. screamo is emo..

and there is another type of hardcore its post-hardcore and its probally the best,, that techno hardcore bullshit is called crunkcore and maybe apart from like 2 bands.. is complete shit!
metal core will probably be 2nd best and hardcore punk and yes i agree is shit most of the time.. but there have been a couple bands i really like , like a day to remember and dance Gavin dance..

and if you listen to post-hardcore

recommend.. Dream On Dreamer.. they are a small band from Melbourne.. and i think they have the potential to go far.

AsbestosFlaygon
HORSE The Band is quite good.

I recommend listening to some of their songs like "Anti-Pizza" and "Bunnies".

Sadako of Girth
Dead Kennedys. Minor Threat, DRI, Black Flag

These are hardcore bands.

FTW

LLLLLink
You know what pisses me off more than those emo "my life sucks; I must punish myself" songs? The 9001 songs written every band known to man about relationships. I mean, some songs like that are fine. I'm merely talking about bands who comprise 90% of their song listing with that stuff. I'm tired of listening to them sing about wanting to touch their girlfriend. Nothing wrong with it, but there is too much, imo. New topic, please.

XvampbenjiiX666
its funny how i read this now and realise that i barely listen to some of the bands i posted. now its more like:

Kult ov Azazel (who i met)
Lizzy Borden (met and worked for)
Archgoat
Vision of Mara
Vital Remains
Tenebrous
Trident
Dissection
Bloodfeast (met)
Goreaphobia (met)
Suffocation
Deicide
Cannibal Corpse
Testament
Dark Funeral
Sacrofago
Anal Blasphemy
Blasphemy
Black Witchery
Inquinok
Bloodstained Dusk
Aeon
Immolith (friends band)
Dead Mountain (another friend's band)
Watain
Behemoth
Neldoreth (yet another friend's band)

ok i'll stop for now

njhxc
i had to create an account after i saw this... the only one of you who knows what hardcore is is xknowmahcshitx... the rest of you are naming metal, metalcore, deathmetal and even emo bands among whatever else you think is actually hardcore... WTF... especially whoever said that techno bs is hardcore, whoever that was should delete their account and prolly set all their music on fire...

NemeBro
Never been a fan of Hardcore. Am a big fan of Heavy Metal and many of the subgenres lying in there.

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Candlemass, Ihsahn and by extension his work in Emperor, Nile, the big four of Thrash (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax), Testament, Opeth, Strapping Young Lad (By extension anything Devin Townsend does, though not all qualifies as Metal), Alestorm, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, of course one can't forget Black Sabbath, those are some awesome Metal bands, though there are many more.

Ascendancy
It seems some people don't get that this is a thread for both Metal AND Hardcore. Anyway, a few of my favorites:

August Burns Red
Boy Sets Fire
Underoath
As I Lay Dying
Emmure
Megadeth
Pantera
Trophy Scars
Mudvayne
As Cities Burn (before they completely changed their sound and went to sucking)

Ascendancy
I'm going to tack Gojira and Periphery onto my list. I've heard a lot more of both lately and have yet to be disappointed.

XvampbenjiiX666

Jim Colyer
The only metal song I like is "Figured You Out" by Nickelback.

Deathblow
Nickelback are many things. Metal is most certainly not one of them.

XvampbenjiiX666
I hope he wasn't serious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.