Issues Downloading Private Messages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallen
its recently come to light that extremely dated PMs are automatically being deleted from the server. i've tried downloading the remaining ones that i have, but everytime i click on one of the options (any of them really), i recieve a "page cannot be displayed" error. i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue.

i'm using firefox as a web brower. i don't know if that makes a difference, but any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

Fallen
its recently come to light that extremely dated PMs are automatically being deleted from the server. i've tried downloading the remaining ones that i have, but everytime i click on one of the options (any of them really), i recieve a "page cannot be displayed" error. i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue.

i've tried using both firefox and internet explorer as web browers and i still have the same issue. any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

Fallen
aw, damn. placed this is the wrong section.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Fallen

i'm using firefox as a web brower. i don't know if that makes a difference, but any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

I was able to download mine as a .csv, but none of the other options worked for me.

Raz
Who said they are being deleted??

They aren't.

Regarding the downloading. This may be because you have just too many PMs!

Peach
I always thought PMs get deleted automatically after a certain time?

I know for a fact that I have a whole ton of old PMs that are no longer in my inbox or any of the folders, and more disappear each day. Something had to have happened to them, and I can count on one hand the number of PMs I've deleted myself.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Raz

They aren't.

Sorry to say, Razmeister...but they are being pruned after a certain amount of time.

Fallen
Originally posted by Raz

They aren't.

i did have over 2000 pages of PMs, now i only have about a tenth of that. regardless, the amount shouldn't matter.

PMs are being deleted. the issue should be investigated.

Raz
Its a bug in the forum software. They consider the "beginning" to be up to 1000 days (i.e. just under 3 years). I'll get onto a fix.

Use this link to see all your PMs until I fix the problem: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/private.php?folderid=0&daysprune=10000

Raz
Should be fixed now.

Peach
Ahhh thank you...

Still can't download them, but at least I still have them all!

Matt_Leonhart
I'm still missing some of mine from a ways back, but... It's okay. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Matt_Leonhart
I'm still missing some of mine from a ways back, but... It's okay. Just thought I'd bring it up.

If they are gone, they are gone.

Everything that's been pruned is deleted forever.

Matt_Leonhart
Point taken. Shoulda downloaded them years ago to save them for the memories and such. My bad. =)

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Matt_Leonhart
Point taken. Shoulda downloaded them years ago to save them for the memories and such. My bad. =)

Yeah, I should have too. I lost a couple years worth.

Raz
Originally posted by Peach
Ahhh thank you...

Still can't download them, but at least I still have them all! Yeah, the request gets killed because it uses too many server processes. I really need to look into a more efficient way of downloading them.Originally posted by Phucked Up
Yeah, I should have too. I lost a couple years worth. PMs have never been pruned (as far as I can remember). In fact, there is no limit on how many PMs you can have.

I have PMs back from 2002, and in the DB there are PMs from when we switched to vB back in 2001.

So either you've found a bug thats not showing PMs properly, or you may have deleted them yourself in the past, which I had done to my own prior to 2002.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Raz
Yeah, the request gets killed because it uses too many server processes. I really need to look into a more efficient way of downloading them. PMs have never been pruned (as far as I can remember). In fact, there is no limit on how many PMs you can have.

I have PMs back from 2002, and in the DB there are PMs from when we switched to vB back in 2001.

So either you've found a bug thats not showing PMs properly, or you may have deleted them yourself in the past, which I had done to my own prior to 2002.

I know I deleted some before, but I thought I had some more that disappeared. I'm not 100% on it though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.