The Matrix vs Skynet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Machine vs Machine.

One uses humans as batteries, while the other wants to exterminate them.

Each side has their respective forces.

Which side wins in the battle for machine supremacy?

Rogue Jedi

Darth Martin
This has been done a couple times..........Skynet murcs.

Placidity
Haven't seen any of the same threads...

On initial thoughts, I would go with the Matrix Sentinels.

AngryManatee
Skynet

Kazenji
Skynet

Utrigita
Matrix

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
..... Originally posted by AngryManatee
Skynet Originally posted by Kazenji
Skynet Originally posted by Utrigita
Matrix Well, this thread is a hive of intelligent conversation, isn't it?

AngryManatee
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Well, this thread is a hive of intelligent conversation, isn't it?

The topic's been argued on a couple other threads. Don't feel like restating any drawn out explanations.

Alpha Centauri
A sentient machine...Vs a program that designed and created all machines...hmm.

Skynet couldn't theoretically operate outside the real world anyway.

Conclusion: Stop using the Matrix you idiots.

-AC

Placidity
^ What?

Rogue Jedi
He is saying that any versus fight that happens inside the Matrix or involving the Matrix is bogus.

I think.

Placidity
^ Um ok. But it's not happening inside the matrix. OP stated Machines vs Machines, implying the Sentinels in Matrix vs Skynet Terminators.

Snafu, could you clarify by what you mean?

Rogue Jedi
But how can it be the Matrix outside the Matrix?

Placidity
The Machines that attacked Zion, not the agents inside the matrix.

Rogue Jedi
Doesnt matter. The Matrix is the Matrix. Outside the Matrix is is just another windows vista.

Alpha Centauri
It's either the machines from The Matrix series, or it's nothing.

The Matrix isn't a corporeal thing capable of fighting. Skynet is a computer system within the world, The Matrix IS the world, that's the point.

It's like saying "God Vs a Person".

-AC

ragesRemorse
The matrix.

The humans were actually able to destroy Skynet. Where as the Matrix machines were unopposed. Even with the aid of Jesus Christ the humans never conquered the Matrix.

NonSensi-Klown
The humans were able to destroy skynet?

That's news to me. Did this happen in a comic or something?

Kazenji
But how can they destroy Skynet complety the program will just keep escaping into satalites which it has made or wherever else.

AngryManatee
You can't really take into account whether humans defeated one or the other. The people that were fighting in the matrix world seemed like pussies by comparison to the tech-com resistance.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
The humans were able to destroy skynet?

That's news to me. Did this happen in a comic or something?

I guess they didn't destroy Skynet entirely, but the humans had Skynet on it's knee's. That's why Skynet sent Arnold back in time to destroy Sarah Conner.

Placidity
I'm talking about the MACHINES in the REAL WORLD of the Matrix movie.

As in the millions of machines that attacked Zion in Matrix Revolutions and they were about to wipe out all the unplugged humans. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Those machines were in fact real, and not connected to the Matrix, or inside the Matrix.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm talking about the MACHINES in the REAL WORLD of the Matrix movie.

As in the millions of machines that attacked Zion in Matrix Revolutions and they were about to wipe out all the unplugged humans. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Those machines were in fact real, and not connected to the Matrix, or inside the Matrix.

yeah, that's what i was talking about too. I think everyone got that

NonSensi-Klown
I'd say the Sentinels then on account of them being some fast mother ****ers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I guess they didn't destroy Skynet entirely, but the humans had Skynet on it's knee's. That's why Skynet sent Arnold back in time to destroy Sarah Conner.

In Terminator 2: Infinity the resistance ends up defeating skynets main base in it but of course skynet itself manages to escape to some bunker.

Rogue Jedi
Not in the movies?

Kazenji
Nope, Terminator 2: Infinity is a comic but still its a good series and fits into the movies.

RevoWution™©®
Skynet wins.

AngryManatee
Yeah not only did Skynet escape, but didn't it also set a lot of its combat units to "autonomous mode" in the process?

zingbat6
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Machine vs Machine.

One uses humans as batteries, while the other wants to exterminate them.

Each side has their respective forces.

Which side wins in the battle for machine supremacy?

I like The Matrix. I think Carrie Anne Moss is hot.

quanchi112
Matrix wins; hands down.

0mega Spawn
Laser shooting, bomb throwing, flying robots

Matrix stomps

Kazenji
Skynet wins

Skynet too has flying abilities

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/HK-Aerial

and laser shooting.

Impediment
I'm going with Skynet.

0mega Spawn
Sentinels have far more in numbers
And their maneuvering abilities were insane for flying machines More like swimming than flying actually.
But still id say one could easily latch on the to of most skynet machines and rip it to shreds

Mindship
Matrix. Skynet's only claim to superdupertech was the time machine; everything else (especially in terms of software and processing power) seems at least a century behind Matrix ability.

Imagine those swarms of sentinels, that were pouring into Zion, descending on a typically shown Skynet/humans battlefield. Neither side would know what hit 'em.

Omnibrine
A lot of people will think terminators and Skynet are going to win, since the terminator movie is more popular. But this is not the case.

Speaking as an en experienced debater in both fields, the Matrix system, 01, will absolutely destroy Skynet. Why? Allow me to explain.

The canon Animatrix explains it all. The Machines and humans had an all out war, and the humans struck first. They did a huge bombing of the main Machine City, 01. And keep in mind this happened decades upon decades in the future, with future nukes. The land of the Machine City "was lit from the light of the fire of a thousand suns".

Guess what? The machines survived. They started to battle with humanity, and started to win so badly that the humans came up with a desperate plan: Operation Darkstorm. We blotted out the

sun, since the machines relied on solar energy.

Nevertheless, the machines still crushed humanity, and this was a century in the future. Forget John Connor and laser guns, we're talking giant mechs, giant lightning cannons, huge lasers, massive nuclear planes. And we still lost. The Machines had lasers too, massive flying pyramids shooting lasers the size of small buildings. This was all shown in The Second Renaissance.

They captured humanity, absolutely crushed us, and put us into the Matrix, the absolute last word in sentient programming and simulations.

Zion only existed because the Machines needed it to. We were completely under their rule. The prophecy, Neo, and everything the humans had was just another method of control.

Sentinels are prison guards. They are not the Machine's main forces. Their main forces are giant hovering laser ships, massive spider like robots, and armies upon armies of sentinels and sentries and humanoids. Maybe they even have their own version of terminators.

A small glimpse of their main force was shown in Matrix Revolutions when Trinity and Neo got close to 01, their city. A huge armada of Titanic-sized ships came out of the ground and shot enough bombs at them to blow up a country.

So what if Skynet destroys one wave of sentinels and war forces? 01 will send another. And another. And another.

They will never stop.

Skynet is impressive, I will grant you that, but it does not match up to the power of 01, the Matrix, and the Machines. They have giant robots and hunter killer ships, but I have not seen a single Matrix machine the size of the spider keepers in the Matrix. The ones tending to the human growing fields used to be soldiers. And they were the smaller ones.

If you watch the animatrix, you will be completely awed by how the Machines dominated humanity, and would dominate Skynet. 01 is shielded from EMPS, and a full-out nuking didn't destroy it. It barely hurt the machine's forces.

01 is like the matrix. It will upgrade and update, finding new ways to survive. They are also centuries older then Skynet, giving them

a massive technical advantage.

Skynet has time travel, but this has been proven to be ineffective,

You can not change destiny, as it has been proven in the Terminator movies. They could not kill John Connor, and the humans killing Dyson did not impede the creation of Skynet. The future is set as soon as it happens. And unlike skynet, the Machines were the culminated effort of humanity to create AI after many centuries. The Machines understand emotion and feelings, unlike Skynet.

The machines will crush skynet under pure numbers, force, durability, experience and overwhelming force. It is a curb stomp.

Skynet was losing to humanity, and a small portion at that, a small Resistance. 01 went against the entire forces of humanity a century later then now, and it suffered a nuking first. And yet it still won.

Even the Sentinel, one of the lowliest of Machine forces, can still be compared to a Terminator. Granted, they are not as durable, but they can fly, have a hive mind, and can act as one giant hand/tentacle ripping apart everything in it's path, as shown the the last stand of Zion. They can fly at an outward of 100 miles per hour, have terminator strength and take multiple 30mm bullets at close range to take down, or several shots from a lightning gun. I am sure a Terminator will take damage from both, and will maybe survive it a bit better, but will still take massive damage, as evidenced in all the movies, from T1 to T4.

Skynet can manufacture incredibly powerful robots like the TX and T-1000 and T-Infinity at a tremendous rate, but that rate is not as fast as the planet-ruling Machines, and I'm pretty sure the TX will take a (sarcasm) teeeensy bit of damage if it got hit by a 8-million-volt lightning cannon. Hell, it was put down by a crashed helicopter and a small nuclear fuel cell.

Yes, Skynet was designed for war, and advances in technology extremely fast, but the Machines also did. They Machines weren't even designed for war and they still crushed humanity. They now have a huge repertoire of weapons and forces. People don't realize there is a lot more to the Machines then it was shown in the Matrix Trilogy.

In three decades after it started, Skynet used antimatter, lasers and time travel. In five decades after humanity lost, the Machines created a worldwide system using billions of humans as a power source, mass-produced their machines so there were billions of them, ended almost all organic life on Earth, forced all humans underground and nuked every city.

Skynet even started to lose to humans, while there is not a word in the English language strong enough to described how the Machines utterly destroyed humanity.

People are always making fun of how un-durable the Sentinels were, but the weapons used to kill them were actually extremely powerful and advanced, EMP bombs. 30mm rounds from a mech. Lightning guns. Futuristic double rocket launchers.

30mm rounds are explosive and are used to bust tanks wide open. I'm pretty sure the rocket launchers are much, much more powerful then anything we have today. After all, this is CENTURIES in the future. The lightning guns were super-tasers, made to kill machines.

I'm pretty sure any of them can do substantial damage to a Terminator as well.

At the very least, sentinels can pick up Terminators and drop them from several kilometers up, or cut them to ribbons with their laser, which was powerful enough to slice through a future ships hull. They also have terminator-like strength, as they were shown ripping metal and parts of a ship. They also have twice as much arms as the Terminators, more then twice as long and twice as flexible. They're tentacles.

The Machines are the "big brothers" to skynet. Skynet will be destroyed, period. This is like comparing a rifle to a tank, or the Enterprise to the Death Star.

Ergo, the Machines win. Many Terminator fans will have problems with this, but the simple truth is that Skynet has neither the power nor agility to take on the unbelievably overpowered forces of 01.

Thank you for reading.

~Omnibrine

LeonBuco666
If its even possible, The Machines win.

Omnibrine
Oh, and to address the fact that Alter can upgrade and evolve, the Machines can do too. Everything that Skynet does can be done by the machines, with the possible exception of time travel. So, the machines have a two century head start. Cybernetic curb stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.