Pre-Crisis Mr. Atom Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Who wins this?

Wei Phoenix
Who is Mr. Atom?

cloud102
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Who is Mr. Atom?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Atom

Wei Phoenix
Gonna go with the Thanos on this one.

cloud102
Gonna go with the Thanos on this one.

Why is that? Atom lifted The Rock of Eternity and damaged a Invulnerable Cap back when he had true invulnerablity.

Wei Phoenix
well going on pre-crisis like you said I didn't see many feats besides constant failure and his powerset isn't that awesome. Thanos has a wider variety of powers and is more durable.

When did he lift the rock of eternity?

occultdestroyer
Thanos

cloud102
well going on pre-crisis like you said I didn't see many feats besides constant failure and his powerset isn't that awesome. Thanos has a wider variety of powers and is more durable.

When did he lift the rock of eternity?

More durable? How do you figure? Atom is made up of indestructible metals that not even Cap can fully destroy. Don't have the issues in front of me, because I don't own any, but I hear he has lifted the Rock of Eternity, which weighs a freaken ton. If Atom gets in to a slugfest, I see Thanos going down hard.

Remember, Captain Marvel was on par with PC Superman in terms of strength. When Cap faced Black Adam, both couldn't feel a thing when they wailed on each other. And they could do that for HOURS on end.

Wei Phoenix
well I'm going off of that wiki page you gave me. It didn't say that he had any enhanced durability and it only talked about the rock of eternity post/during-crisis so that is moot in this topic

cloud102
well I'm going off of that wiki page you gave me. It didn't say that he had any enhanced durability and it only talked about the rock of eternity post/during-crisis so that is moot in this topic

No, he was virtually indestructible. He was nothing to sneeze at and actually killed. From what I hear (very formidable Captain Marvel expert), he had enough fire power to level the Rock of Eternity.

Having pre-crisis level strength and energy projection makes him an enough threat to even stand up to Thanos or any top tier, IMO. Cap felt that he was too dangerous to live, so he banished him in a lifeless reality.

I wish I had some classic captain marvel comics. I love this character.

vansonbee
Originally posted by cloud102
No, he was virtually indestructible. He was nothing to sneeze at and actually killed. From what I hear (very formidable Captain Marvel expert), he had enough fire power to level the Rock of Eternity.

Having pre-crisis level strength and energy projection makes him an enough threat to even stand up to Thanos or any top tier, IMO. Cap felt that he was too dangerous to live, so he banished him in a lifeless reality.

I wish I had some classic captain marvel comics. I love this character. Thanos

cloud102
Any reasons?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.