Rank from most to least powerfull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
Who do you think is the most to least powerfull out of these guys?

current Thor
Superman
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Black Bolt
Orion
Current Nova
Quasar(Wendell)
Martian Manhunter

occultdestroyer
Silver Surfer
Orion
GL Hal
Superman
Ikaris
Martian Manhunter
GL Kyle
Wonder Woman
Black Bolt
Current Thor
Quasar(Wendell)
Current Nova

Scuzz2.0
i didn't think anyone would rate Thor that low

vansonbee
Silver Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Superman
current Thor
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Black Bolt
Orion
Wonder Woman
Quasar(Wendell)
Ikaris
Current Nova

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
i didn't think anyone would rate Thor that low
no expression
This is 'Current' Thor

Enyalus
Yes. And 'Current' Thor has the Odin Force.

My list:

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Ikaris
Current Nova
GL kyle
Quasar(Wendell)
Black Bolt

occultdestroyer
'Current' Thor was manhandled by Rulk..
Which means he isn't as powerful as you guys think he is.
God, you Marvel fanboys just overhype your faves.

llagrok
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Marvel fanboys?

We don't know how strong the Rulk is....Losing to him isn't really that big of a low feat. Want to start counting "low feats" for the other guys listed as well? laughing

Enyalus

Right. The same Rulk who was able to punch out the cosmic-level Watcher. Okay...

quanchi112

current Thor
Superman
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Black Bolt
Orion
Current Nova
Quasar(Wendell)
Martian Manhunter 1.Thor
2.Silver Surfer
3.Orion
4.Hal Jordan
5.Quasar
6.Black Bolt
7.Superman
8.Martian Manhunter
9.Kyle
10.WW
11.Nova

quanchi112
God, you Marvel fanboys just overhype your faves. Have you read Rulk? How could anyone have the audacity to call that a low showing. Classic Thor is still at number one imo.

Priest
1.Thor
2.Silver Surfer
3.Hal Jordan
4.Kyle
5.Superman
6.Black Bolt=Quasar
8.Orion
9.WW
10.Martian Manhunter
11.Nova

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by quanchi112
Classic Thor is still at number one imo.
Read the OP.
This isn't Classic Thor.
This is CURRENT Thor.

quanchi112
Read the OP.
This isn't Classic Thor.
This is CURRENT Thor. Either Thor is number 1. Thats my point. This Thor isnt any less powerful than the classic version.

Harbinger
I'd put current Thor down because of a relative lack of feats. He's still up the list, though.

Silver Surfer
Superman
Orion
Hal Jordan
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Kyle Rayner
Black Bolt
Quasar
Ikaris
Nova

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
I'd put current Thor down because of a relative lack of feats. He's still up the list, though.

Silver Surfer
Superman
Orion
Hal Jordan
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Kyle Rayner
Black Bolt
Quasar
Ikaris
Nova What has Superman done to be so high on this list?

Estacado

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by llagrok
Marvel fanboys?

Aren't we suppose to be DC fanboys?

Harbinger
What has Superman done to be so high on this list?
What have current Thor, Orion, and the friggin Black Bolt done to be above Supes?

Supes has done everything from surviving the explosion of a sun, to withstanding shots from Darkseid's Omega Effect, to punching a hole in Imperiex Prime (while amped). What are Thor's feats? Decapitating Desak?

quanchi112
What have current Thor, Orion, and the friggin Black Bolt done to be above Supes?

Supes has done everything from surviving the explosion of a sun, to withstanding shots from Darkseid's Omega Effect, to punching a hole in Imperiex Prime (while amped). What are Thor's feats? Decapitating Desak? What does thahave to do with power? You are talking about durability and bringing in amps to the ballgame.

Godblast nuff said.

ultimatethor

Supes has done everything from surviving the explosion of a sun, to withstanding shots from Darkseid's Omega Effect, to punching a hole in Imperiex Prime (while amped). What are Thor's feats? Decapitating Desak?

Well as u have said thor does not have very impressive feats. Breaking Exitars armour and chasing away galactus with a godblast are hardly impressive feats.

ultimatethor
silver surfer
Current thor
Gl hal
Superman
Quasar
Orion
GL kyle
Martian manhunter
Blacbolt
Wonderwoman
Current nova
Ikaris

Harbinger
What does thahave to do with power? You are talking about durability and bringing in amps to the ballgame.

Godblast nuff said.
We're going by feats, right? What are Thor's that you'd put him over Supes? Thor with the Odinforce really hasn't done that much, and definitely not enough to put him over the likes of Supes and Norrin. Again, what's his highest feat? Beating Desak? Ending Ragnarok? Those are nice, but I wouldn't put them over Superman--for example-- taking on Entropy Aegis Steel or being able to survive a supernova. Thor simply doesn't have enough feats to be first on this list, IMO.

Harbinger
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Well as u have said thor does not have very impressive feats. Breaking Exitars armour and chasing away galactus with a godblast are hardly impressive feats. I thought these were Classic Thor feats?

Endrict Nuul
1.Silver Surfer
2.Thor
3.Hal Jordan
4.Kyle
5.Superman
6.Black Bolt
7.Quasar
8.Orion
9.WW
10.Martian Manhunter
11.Nova

quanchi112
We're going by feats, right? What are Thor's that you'd put him over Supes? Thor with the Odinforce really hasn't done that much, and definitely not enough to put him over the likes of Supes and Norrin. Again, what's his highest feat? Beating Desak? Ending Ragnarok? Those are nice, but I wouldn't put them over Superman--for example-- taking on Entropy Aegis Steel or being able to survive a supernova. Thor simply doesn't have enough feats to be first on this list, IMO. Wait,are you claiming that Thor is weaker than his classic version and that he has lost abilities? Why?

Your entire post reeks of ignorance and a lack of Thor knowledge. There is a reason why most have him at the top of the list. He is number one without a doubt imo. smile

Harbinger
Wait,are you claiming that Thor is weaker than his classic version and that he has lost abilities? Why?

Your entire post reeks of ignorance and a lack of Thor knowledge. There is a reason why most have him at the top of the list. He is number one without a doubt imo. smile
Not what I said. I said current Thor has less impressive feats; I don't really doubt that he has more power, but Current Thor hasn't shown the extent of those powers at this point, at least not enough for me to put him over guys like Hal, Supes, and Surfer. Classic Thor has more impressive feats at this time, though I believe that this will change over time as current Thor gets more ink. That is the sole reason I put him 5th on my list.

snyper1982
1.Silver Surfer
2.Thor
3. Supes
4.Hal Jordan
5. Martian Manhunter
6.Kyle
7. WW

The rest I don't know enough about to make an opinion on.

quanchi112
Not what I said. I said current Thor has less impressive feats; I don't really doubt that he has more power, but Current Thor hasn't shown the extent of those powers at this point, at least not enough for me to put him over guys like Hal, Supes, and Surfer. Classic Thor has more impressive feats at this time, though I believe that this will change over time as current Thor gets more ink. That is the sole reason I put him 5th on my list. So,are you dismissing the fact he recreated asgard and all his classic feats? Just because his comic has started over why do you take away his classic feats?

snyper1982
So,are you dismissing the fact he recreated asgard and all his classic feats? Just because his comic has started over why do you take away his classic feats?

Because he follows the rules... I know that is a alien concept to you, but some people do follow the rules.

quanchi112
Originally posted by snyper1982
Because he follows the rules... I know that is a alien concept to you, but some people do follow the rules. Why dismiss he previous feats? Im asking for someone to answer me. You seem to come at me in every thread I post in. You yourself bumped a 6 month old post and tried to stir something up. Do you really think any of us are fooled?

snyper1982
Why dismiss he previous feats? Im asking for someone to answer me. You seem to come at me in every thread I post in. You yourself bumped a 6 month old post and tried to stir something up. Do you really think any of us are fooled?

I did not! That thread was already bumped. I suggest you look again. The reason we dismiss previous feats is because it is current thor. We wouldn't use PC superman feats for current superman would we?

Endrict Nuul
Why dismiss he previous feats? Im asking for someone to answer me. You seem to come at me in every thread I post in. You yourself bumped a 6 month old post and tried to stir something up. Do you really think any of us are fooled?

Yeah, hes probably a troll. Been registered since 06 and only has 114 post.

Scuzz2.0
the fact that rulk beat thor is complete PIS and CIS by one of the worst writers in comics! rulk is a joke of a character! i would say current thor is more powerfull than classic! it is not his feats but the ease in witch he does them that make me think this. and i think people are underrating BB! he does get beaten alot but that is coz he doesn't want to blow up the planet! its not about what they would do but what they could do! as for superman i dont think a character thats power is strength and invulnerability should be up there with energy manipulators! thor has those powers to the same degree(please dont turn this into another supes vs thor thread) but he is extremely powerfull in many other ways!
my list goes

Silver Surfer
Thor
Hal
Black Bolt
Quasar
Kyle
Supes
Orion
Nova
Ikaris
MM
WW

snyper1982
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Yup. I'm a troll. LOL

Endrict Nuul
Yup. I'm a troll. LOL

I knew it!!! anyways...J/K.....

snyper1982
I found it funny. Especially since I consider quan the biggest troll in this forum.

Endrict Nuul
I found it funny. Especially since I consider quan the biggest troll in this forum.

whistle wacko

quanchi112
I did not! That thread was already bumped. I suggest you look again. The reason we dismiss previous feats is because it is current thor. We wouldn't use PC superman feats for current superman would we? Thats completely different. Thor now has the Thorforce and to suggest he is weaker with this power is ignorant imo. Superman was depowered while Thor hasnt been. Big difference.Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Yeah, hes probably a troll. Been registered since 06 and only has 114 post. Yep. Came out of the woodwork after me. This wasnt the first time nor will it be the last time.

Estacado
WTF is the Thorforce?haermm

DigiMark007
Not that the list is important, but for clarification purposes, Classic feats are still valid for current Thor. So claims of lack of feats aren't really justified. Classic alone did enough to warrant a top 5 spot on the list.

And losing to Rulk isn't a bad showing. No one's beat him. He could be abstract level, for all we know.

Trolls are far more likely to accumulate a lot of posts in a short time, not the reverse. Accusing others of trolling isn't productive anyway, and just creates animosity. It's much better to confront the person respectfully and try to diffuse the situation. Common sense and decency would solve 99% of the reports we get on this forum...attacks, counter-attacks, and accusations do nothing but worsen things.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
WTF is the Thorforce?haermm Remember the odinforce. Its now called the thorforce. erm

Harbinger
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not that the list is important, but for clarification purposes, Classic feats are still valid for current Thor. So claims of lack of feats aren't really justified. Classic alone did enough to warrant a top 5 spot on the list.

And losing to Rulk isn't a bad showing. No one's beat him. He could be abstract level, for all we know.

Trolls are far more likely to accumulate a lot of posts in a short time, not the reverse. Accusing others of trolling isn't productive anyway, and just creates animosity. It's much better to confront the person respectfully and try to diffuse the situation. Common sense and decency would solve 99% of the reports we get on this forum...attacks, counter-attacks, and accusations do nothing but worsen things.

If Classic feats still apply, then I would elevate Thor to 2nd and possibly 1st given his fights against the likes of Arishem, Exitar, and Galactus.

Endrict Nuul

Didnt see my other post did you? "I knew it!!! anyways...J/K....." Hence the short form J/K aka joking.......confused

snyper1982
Thats completely different. Thor now has the Thorforce and to suggest he is weaker with this power is ignorant imo. Superman was depowered while Thor hasnt been. Big difference. Yep. Came out of the woodwork after me. This wasnt the first time nor will it be the last time.

Yup.

quanchi112
Yup. Well the classic feats still apply.

snyper1982
Well the classic feats still apply.

OK. But seeing as I ranked Thor only behind Surfer, I don't know why you are making this an issue with me. You asked why we couldn't use classic feats, I told you the my reasoning behind my point of view on the matter, turns out I was wrong in my assumption. Imagine that. I can actually admit it when I am wrong. Some sort of troll I am. I better work on my trolling technique.

vansonbee
God, you Marvel fanboys just overhype your faves. Go drown yourself in a river... seriouly calling people fanboys... We don't even know how strong Rulk is yet roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
I did not! That thread was already bumped. I suggest you look again. The reason we dismiss previous feats is because it is current thor. We wouldn't use PC superman feats for current superman would we?
OK. But seeing as I ranked Thor only behind Surfer, I don't know why you are making this an issue with me. You asked why we couldn't use classic feats, I told you the my reasoning behind my point of view on the matter, turns out I was wrong in my assumption. Imagine that. I can actually admit it when I am wrong. Some sort of troll I am. I better work on my trolling technique. I just wanted you to know his classic feats still apply. Just dont always accuse me of breaking the rules when I turned out to be correct. K.

Mindship
First impression...

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Superman
GL Hal
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Black Bolt
Orion

(I consider the margains of difference in power minute.)

Not sure about the others. As for Rulk utterly manhandling Thor: seems like Major PIS to me. Regardless, I think it's unfair to depreciate Thor w/o seeing how someone else would fair against Rulk.

Endrict Nuul
Rulk beating Thor is PIS..

vansonbee
Rulk beating Thor is PIS.. Shoot the Writer! Loeb! lolz Thor and Rulk should of been 3-4 issues itself O_O not just 3-4 pages

snyper1982
I just wanted you to know his classic feats still apply. Just dont always accuse me of breaking the rules when I turned out to be correct. K.

I don't always accuse you of it. Only when I believe you are.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by vansonbee
Shoot the Writer! Loeb! lolz Thor and Rulk should of been 3-4 issues itself O_O not just 3-4 pages

Loeb is PIS....

psycho gundam
remember: red hulk is a total unknown at this point, and add the loeb factor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
remember: red hulk is a total unknown at this point, and add the loeb factor. When is issue 6 out?

Thats the conclusion,right?

So all of our questions should be answered.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Enyalus

My list:

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Ikaris
Current Nova
GL kyle
Quasar(Wendell)
Black Bolt Hal below Diana?

Bouboumaster
silver surfer
Current thor
Gl hal
Superman
Orion
Quasar
GL kyle
Black Bolt
Martian manhunter
Wonderwoman
Current nova
Ikaris

tsscls
Silver Surfer
Orion
Superman
Thor
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Black Bolt
Quasar
Ikaris
Nova
Kyle Rayner

If this is Trinity Supes, he could overtake Orion. Although Orion's father is supreme when it comes to BH manipulation.

DigiMark007
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hal Jordan
Superman
Quasar
Kyle Rayner
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Black Bolt
Nova

There's ma list. It is the best one ( 313 ). Provided we're talking about Wendall (Quasar) and current versions of everyone else. If it's current Quasar, she's below everyone except maybe Nova.

iceman24567
Here you go
Rulkeek!

Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Superman
Current Thor
Kyle
Quasar
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Blackbolt
Nova

DigiMark007
Hrmph. Bumping bc of end of page.

Silver Surfer
Thor
Hal Jordan
Superman
Quasar
Kyle Rayner
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Black Bolt
Nova

There's ma list. It is the best one ( 313 ). Provided we're talking about Wendall (Quasar) and current versions of everyone else. If it's current Quasar, she's below everyone except maybe Nova.

Starscream M
Hrmph. Bumping bc of end of page. you have superman way too low

DestinyGuy678
Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Kyle Rayner
Wonder Woman
Nova
Black Bolt
Quasar

Cavalier
Really depends on the definition of "power" for this thread.

Black Bolt's being underestimated though.

Cavalier
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Kyle Rayner
Wonder Woman
Nova
Black Bolt
Quasar lolz

fangirl101

current Thor
Superman
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Ikaris
Black Bolt
Orion
Current Nova
Quasar(Wendell)
Martian Manhunter

Thor
Orion
Surfer
GL Hal
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Quasar
Ikaris
GL Kyle
Black Bolt
Nova

Cavalier
Originally posted by fangirl101
Thor
Orion
Surfer
GL Hal
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Quasar
Ikaris
GL Kyle
Black Bolt
Nova I like Ikaris and all... but why is he ranked as being more powerful than Black Bolt?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Cavalier
I like Ikaris and all... but why is he ranked as being more powerful than Black Bolt?
Isnt' he an eternal? I figure that most of them would pwn BB in a serious fight as thier durability was too high for BB to do anything. One matter manipulated adamntium mouth plate and his biggerst weapon is down.

Cavalier
Isnt' he an eternal? I figure that most of them would pwn BB in a serious fight as thier durability was too high for BB to do anything. One matter manipulated adamntium mouth plate and his biggerst weapon is down. But Black Bolt can matter manipulate too.

And to high durability for what? Black Bolt has consistently shown strength just below Savage Hulk, matter manipulation and his voice... which of those would have trouble hurting Ikaris?

And Black Bolt's put Ikaris down before in a couple of hits.

Cavalier
Originally posted by Enyalus

My list:

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Ikaris
Current Nova
GL kyle
Quasar(Wendell)
Black Bolt haermm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Starscream M
you have superman way too low

Fourth? Ok. That's your opinion. Others have him lower, a few have him higher. It's probably his average position in the thread so far.

Bentley
Blackbolt is clearly above Ikaris and Nova, he is likely to waste MM pretty bad too, but thats up to debate. Thor, Superman and Surfer are clearly in the top four.

Endrict Nuul
Supes is not that powerful.....Hes among the strongest, yes. But this is about power and not about physical attributes Whats the reason that some people are over rating him?

Bentley
I think that if you don't exploit his weaknesses Supes wrecks most of the list by sheer physical force, not even considering sundipping. Objectively that makes him powerful, just not versatile.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bentley
I think that if you don't exploit his weaknesses Supes wrecks most of the list by sheer physical force, not even considering sundipping. Objectively that makes him powerful, just not versatile.

Thats by using physical attributes and not powers like the God blast BBs scream, etc.... this is not a strength contest.

vansonbee
My rephrase list laughing

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Martian Man-hunter - Mind rapes with superman power.
Black Bolt
Orion
Superman
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Wonder Woman
Quasar(Wendell)
Ikaris
Current Nova

fangirl101
Originally posted by vansonbee
My rephrase list laughing

Silver Surfer
Current Thor
Martian Man-hunter - Mind rapes with superman power.
Black Bolt
Orion
Superman
Gl Hal
Gl kyle
Wonder Woman
Quasar(Wendell)
Ikaris
Current Nova
The AF>BB's scream Seriously. And Orion's stronger and faster than BB.
You have silver surfer so far above superman. without exploiting his weakness, surfer wouldn't be able to put superman down. this is about power. not versatility or weakness.

darthgoober
You have silver surfer so far above superman. without exploiting his weakness, surfer wouldn't be able to put superman down. this is about power. not versatility or weakness.
What makes you think Surfer can't put down Supes without exploiting his weaknesses? Has Supes ever been put down by less than Surfer's on panel "best"? If so, it seems a little unreasonable to act like he couldn't do it. Saying that he couldn't put him down for the majority is one thing(though I'd still be inclined to disagree), but acting like it could never happen is more than a little out there.

Endrict Nuul

Whatever you say Nvr...roll eyes (sarcastic)

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
What makes you think Surfer can't put down Supes without exploiting his weaknesses? Has Supes ever been put down by less than Surfer's on panel "best"? If so, it seems a little unreasonable to act like he couldn't do it. Saying that he couldn't put him down for the majority is one thing(though I'd still be inclined to disagree), but acting like it could never happen is more than a little out there.
Surfer at his best, and Supers at his best, I'd say Supers isn't going to be put down by Surfer. Surfer at his best is doing things like manipulating cosmic forces. Superman at his best does things like beating down actual beings who are mightier. Super's is faster in battle and that has to count. And he's far stronger. He's going to connect more blows by the sheer fact of his speed. Surfer's greatest powers happen to be blast. Which I just don't see doing as much harm to supers. especially since superman is far more mobile and faster in a one on one fight.

ultimatethor

Ridiculous. Surfer does not need to exploit supes weakness to put him down. Surfer can deal out more damage than supes can. Not only that but he has better defensive capabilities because he is more durable than supes and has uber forcefields as well which makes putting him down even harder. Superman is faster than SS in battle( SS can certainly avoid alot of supes attacks while on his board though) but certainly not to the degree where he can overcome SS superior defensive and offensive capabilities. Superman is simply the strongest on the list but NOT the most powerful. Power is not analogous with strength.

darthgoober
Surfer at his best, and Supers at his best, I'd say Supers isn't going to be put down by Surfer. Surfer at his best is doing things like manipulating cosmic forces. Superman at his best does things like beating down actual beings who are mightier.

Really cause from what I remember, Surfer at his best has taken down the Unilord, punked a Watcher, stalemated Mephisto, briefly stalemated Millinius, briefly stalemated Korvak, nearly killed Thor with a single blast, created a blackhole as a side effect of another energy blast, matched Thanos's power output while he was severely weakened, chumped Nova w/Worldmind, etc. So has Supes ever been put down by anything or anyone with less impressive displays of power than those?

Super's is faster in battle and that has to count.
Proof that Supes is definitely faster than Surfer in combat? Pretty much every feat of combat speed I've seen from both is unquantified so unless you're thinking of an instance I'm unaware of all that can really be said is that their speed is that they're both really fast in combat.

And he's far stronger.
Are you sure that he's FAR stronger than someone who's stronger than the Hulk, can amp his strength to a virtually unlimited degree, and traded shots with Krosakis after he absorbed the powers of both Gladiator and the Uniforce? If so, I'm going to need to see some evidence to support the claim.

He's going to connect more blows by the sheer fact of his speed.
Proof? Also, this isn't about how they match up in a fight.

Surfer's greatest powers happen to be blast. Which I just don't see doing as much harm to supers. especially since superman is far more mobile and faster in a one on one fight.
This isn't a battle thread, it's about who's more powerful. Supes's big thing is punching stuff with "planet busting" force, and he's never even actually done it. An energy blast from Surfer on the other hand has actually created a blackhole. So which would you say has a higher power output, a punch that MIGHT destroy a planet or a blast that WILL create a blackhole?

ultimatethor
Surfer at his best, and Supers at his best, I'd say Supers isn't going to be put down by Surfer. Surfer at his best is doing things like manipulating cosmic forces. Superman at his best does things like beating down actual beings who are mightier. Super's is faster in battle and that has to count. And he's far stronger. He's going to connect more blows by the sheer fact of his speed. Surfer's greatest powers happen to be blast. Which I just don't see doing as much harm to supers. especially since superman is far more mobile and faster in a one on one fight.

Supes speed advantage in battle while it will help him, will only give him the win if SS decides to go into an actual close quarter physical confrontation. This is easily avoidable as Ss himself is very fast and manoevrable on his board. Superman may be far stronger but that matters little as SS has a higher destructive output. Superman wont connect more blows because SS wont go into close quarter combat but can resort to blasting from a safe distance.

Superman primary method of defeating SS is through physical means, this however is not an efficient method considering SS already high durability level and his uber forcefields to supplement that durability. SS on the other hand has superior offensive attacks(blasts) which he wil be using on superman who has inferior defensive capabilities.

ultimatethor
Really the question of who is more powerful between superman or SS is a retarded one.

Versatility does not equal power but neither does brute strength. Overall power is an all round assesment of the range and level of a persons abilities. Hence a versatile character who cannot use his powers on a high level is less powerful than a character that is less versatile( not neccessarily one dimensional but just less versatile) but can use his powers on a very high level.

Superman is not as versatile as surfer but is at a very high level when it comes to the powers he has. He is one of the top dogs in Dc in strength speed and durability.

The thing is that surfer is very versatile but can use almost all of his powers at the highest level. He is one of the top dogs if not THE top dog in marvel among top tiers in speed, durability,energy projection, energy manipulation, energy absorption,Matter manipulation,Forcefields etc. He has a much wider range of powers than superman and can use all these powers at the highest level. So it is very safe to say that he is more powerful.

fangirl101
Really cause from what I remember, Surfer at his best has taken down the Unilord, punked a Watcher, stalemated Mephisto, briefly stalemated Millinius, briefly stalemated Korvak, nearly killed Thor with a single blast, created a blackhole as a side effect of another energy blast, matched Thanos's power output while he was severely weakened, chumped Nova w/Worldmind, etc. So has Supes ever been put down by anything or anyone with less impressive displays of power than those?

Proof that Supes is definitely faster than Surfer in combat? Pretty much every feat of combat speed I've seen from both is unquantified so unless you're thinking of an instance I'm unaware of all that can really be said is that their speed is that they're both really fast in combat.

Are you sure that he's FAR stronger than someone who's stronger than the Hulk, can amp his strength to a virtually unlimited degree, and traded shots with Krosakis after he absorbed the powers of both Gladiator and the Uniforce? If so, I'm going to need to see some evidence to support the claim.

Proof? Also, this isn't about how they match up in a fight.

This isn't a battle thread, it's about who's more powerful. Supes's big thing is punching stuff with "planet busting" force, and he's never even actually done it. An energy blast from Surfer on the other hand has actually created a blackhole. So which would you say has a higher power output, a punch that MIGHT destroy a planet or a blast that WILL create a blackhole?
surfer may have caused a chain reaction to create a black hole. But Super's has pulled himself out of a double black hole. Thanos had trouble with one black hole and he's always been>>>Surfer. Surfer has never moved his hands or blast in multiple attack speeds. So what ever you think of surfer's battle speed, it ain't flying with me. Superman has beaten Dominus with a legitimate part of his power set.

quanchi112
surfer may have caused a chain reaction to create a black hole. But Super's has pulled himself out of a double black hole. Thanos had trouble with one black hole and he's always been>>>Surfer. Surfer has never moved his hands or blast in multiple attack speeds. So what ever you think of surfer's battle speed, it ain't flying with me. Superman has beaten Dominus with a legitimate part of his power set. What does a black hole have to do with who is more powerful? Seriously,tell me.

Endrict Nuul
Some people just wont learn....or they are trolling.

quanchi112
Some people just wont learn....or they are trolling. Who are you talking about?

Endrict Nuul
Who are you talking about?

Not you in this thread.

quanchi112
Not you in this thread. K,I know who you are talking about.

darthgoober
surfer may have caused a chain reaction to create a black hole.
No chain reaction was ever mentioned. You're speculating.

But Super's has pulled himself out of a double black hole.
Surfer's fought another herald while inside a blackhole and not only had he just re-energized an advanced high tech suit of armor, he did it while navigating his board through hyperspace and sustaining a forcefield around it. And you know what? Despite all that he was completely unaffected by the Black Hole's energies while in combat.

Thanos had trouble with one black hole and he's always been>>>Surfer.
Then it's a good thing Surfer has as many feats featuring blackholes as he does to counter that kind of logic.

Surfer has never moved his hands or blast in multiple attack speeds. So what ever you think of surfer's battle speed, it ain't flying with me.
Supes has never tracked and reacted to someone in mid teleportation. So what ever you think of Surfer's combat speed, it ain't flying with me.

See how easy that was?

Superman has beaten Dominus with a legitimate part of his power set.
Sounds more like a low showing for Dominus than a high showing for Surfer. Hell, what high showings does Dominus have again aside from getting beaten by Supes?

And way to cherry pick what portions of my post to respond to so you don't have to admit how off your initial statement was wink .

psycho gundam
Supes has never tracked and reacted to someone in mid teleportation. So what ever you think of Surfer's combat speed, it ain't flying with me.

See how easy that was? ahhh, the classic nvr "retort".

^translation: "since i have never actually witnessed the feat you mentioned since i don't read the comic, i have to base what little i know against what i know best, superman/ww feats...you know, since he/she impresses me oh so much. at the end of the day, that's what decides fights".

fangirl101
No chain reaction was ever mentioned. You're speculating.

Surfer's fought another herald while inside a blackhole and not only had he just re-energized an advanced high tech suit of armor, he did it while navigating his board through hyperspace and sustaining a forcefield around it. And you know what? Despite all that he was completely unaffected by the Black Hole's energies while in combat.

Then it's a good thing Surfer has as many feats featuring blackholes as he does to counter that kind of logic.

See how easy that was?

Sounds more like a low showing for Dominus than a high showing for Surfer. Hell, what high showings does Dominus have again aside from getting beaten by Supes?

And way to cherry pick what portions of my post to respond to so you don't have to admit how off your initial statement was wink .
I don't cherry pick. I am just too lazy to answer every response. Don't you know that by now? I been here like months now. Surfer in My opinion doesn't seem to be more powerful than Superman. Just more versatile. The Amped Infinity Man was able to bust the heads of two pantheon's of Gods. Some of whom were truly mightier than surfer. Like Takion with highfather's staff. And Superman was able to effectively pound away at the IM and cause IM to have to bfr him. That tells me that Supers is at the very height of the Subtranstier level.

psycho gundam
I don't cherry pick. I am just too lazy to answer every response. Don't you know that by now? I been here like months now. Surfer in My opinion doesn't seem to be more powerful than Superman. Just more versatile. The Amped Infinity Man was able to bust the heads of two pantheon's of Gods. Some of whom were truly mightier than surfer. Like Takion with highfather's staff. And Superman was able to effectively pound away at the IM and cause IM to have to bfr him. That tells me that Supers is at the very height of the Subtranstier level. eek! that didn't take long at all. lol

nvr logic at it's "finest"

Endrict Nuul
eek! that didn't take long at all. lol

nvr logic at it's "finest"

Nvr for President!!!!! if Bush can do it, so can he.

quanchi112
I don't cherry pick. I am just too lazy to answer every response. Don't you know that by now? I been here like months now. Surfer in My opinion doesn't seem to be more powerful than Superman. Just more versatile. The Amped Infinity Man was able to bust the heads of two pantheon's of Gods. Some of whom were truly mightier than surfer. Like Takion with highfather's staff. And Superman was able to effectively pound away at the IM and cause IM to have to bfr him. That tells me that Supers is at the very height of the Subtranstier level. How isnt the Surfer more powerful? If you read dong youd realize that anyone with planet punching power would eventually hurt the Iman at that time. Surfer can destroy a planet and has on panel while Superman hasnt. Not saying he cant but we dont know how many punches it would take him. He wasnt bfr'd he was imprisoned in an energy field.

So according to the comic anyone will planet shattering power can eventually hurt that Infinity Man. I guess Glads could hurt him as well.

quanchi112
eek! that didn't take long at all. lol

nvr logic at it's "finest" laughing out loud

fangirl101
How isnt the Surfer more powerful? If you read dong youd realize that anyone with planet punching power would eventually hurt the Iman at that time. Surfer can destroy a planet and has on panel while Superman hasnt. Not saying he cant but we dont know how many punches it would take him. He wasnt bfr'd he was imprisoned in an energy field.

So according to the comic anyone will planet shattering power can eventually hurt that Infinity Man. I guess Glads could hurt him as well.
I remember surfer absorbing the power a star and getting all amped and crashing into a planet. he didn't destroy that planet. What happened?

darthgoober
I don't cherry pick. I am just too lazy to answer every response. Don't you know that by now? I been here like months now. Surfer in My opinion doesn't seem to be more powerful than Superman. Just more versatile. The Amped Infinity Man was able to bust the heads of two pantheon's of Gods. Some of whom were truly mightier than surfer. Like Takion with highfather's staff. And Superman was able to effectively pound away at the IM and cause IM to have to bfr him. That tells me that Supers is at the very height of the Subtranstier level.
So there's no solid evidence to prove it, that's just your theory based on the fact that IM BFR'd him?

fangirl101
So there's no solid evidence to prove it, that's just your theory based on the fact that IM BFR'd him?
I didn't write the comic. what do you mean my "theory"? I'm just going off of what was on the panel.

quanchi112
I remember surfer absorbing the power a star and getting all amped and crashing into a planet. he didn't destroy that planet. What happened? Again,you really dont even have a point anymore. When has Superman ever destroyed a planet on panel?

Like my one scan says learn from this.

Surfer has also been upgraded since the instance you have brought up. Its like me mentioning dos Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-010.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-011.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-017.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-018.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-019.jpg

Surfer is a lot more powerful than Superman.

fangirl101
Again,you really dont even have a point anymore. When has Superman ever destroyed a planet on panel?

Like my one scan says learn from this.

Surfer has also been upgraded since the instance you have brought up. Its like me mentioning dos Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-010.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-011.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-017.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-018.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-019.jpg

Surfer is a lot more powerful than Superman.
Superman was in the legion as a kid. His precrisis Days count as part of his history. learn from that.

Endrict Nuul
And yet he punched a planet and not by using his HV. This again.....is not a strength contest.

occultdestroyer
It's best for you to be silent and follow the rules of the OP.
And stop acting like a smartass mod, because you're NOT a Mod in this forum.

darthgoober
I didn't write the comic. what do you mean my "theory"? I'm just going off of what was on the panel.
I meant proof of Supes being more powerful than Surfer. It's not based on actual feats of accomplishment, it's based on IM BFRing Supes.

Endrict Nuul
And stop acting like a smartass mod, because you're NOT a Mod in this forum.

whistle

occultdestroyer
Rulk beating Thor is PIS..
Because you're a Thor fanboy??

quanchi112
Superman was in the legion as a kid. His precrisis Days count as part of his history. learn from that. He isnt currently anywhere near as powerful as precrisis Supes so whats your point? You dont seem to even have many points nowadays. This thread is about current Supes not precrisis. erm

ultimatethor
And yet he punched a planet and not by using his HV. This again.....is not a strength contest.

QFT. This is NOT a strength contest. I dont know why supes fanboys or shud i say fangirls cant understand that.

ultimatethor
He isnt currently anywhere near as powerful as precrisis Supes so whats your point? You dont seem to even have many points nowadays. This thread is about current Supes not precrisis. erm

lol at the pre crisis reference.

occultdestroyer
Thats by using physical attributes and not powers like the God blast BBs scream, etc.... this is not a strength contest.
blink
"Rank from most to least powerful"?
What part of that phrase do you not understand??

Endrict Nuul
QFT. This is NOT a strength contest. I dont know why supes fanboys or shud i say fangirls cant understand that.

Because its Nvr, thats why.

quanchi112
lol at the pre crisis reference. I know,believe me I know.Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Because its Nvr, thats why. I wish he would learn.

Avlon
blink
"Rank from most to least powerful"?
What part of that phrase do you not understand??

I think the issue here is that some people are going purely by versatility.
Spidey is a lot more versatile than the Hulk, but it doesn't make him more powerful.

While versatility factors in...it's definitely not all that things should be judged by.

Then against..we have a thread that takes care of this. It's called Comic book Tiers.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Avlon
I think the issue here is that some people are going purely by versatility.
Spidey is a lot more versatile than the Hulk, but it doesn't make him more powerful.

While versatility factors in...it's definitely not all that things should be judged by.

Then against..we have a thread that takes care of this. It's called Comic book Tiers.
Not all characters of the same tier are created equally. And the tier thread isn't based off power alone...

llagrok

I agree with what you're saying, but that's a bad example -.-

Avlon
Originally posted by llagrok
I agree with what you're saying, but that's a bad example -.-

Dang multi-tasking. Work got in the way! stick out tongue

Avlon
Not all characters of the same tier are created equally. And the tier thread isn't based off power alone...

I agree. It's an interesting character version of rock, paper, scissors which is why threads like this don't work. Include personal bias and these things rarely do anything productive.

Endrict Nuul
I agree. It's an interesting character version of rock, paper, scissors which is why threads like this don't work. Include personal bias and these things rarely do anything productive.

Agreed.

Badabing
Because you're a Thor fanboy??
And stop acting like a smartass mod, because you're NOT a Mod in this forum. I am the mod here and consider this a warning. Thanks.Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Because its Nvr, thats why. Let's not have any more of that. Originally posted by Avlon
I agree. It's an interesting character version of rock, paper, scissors which is why threads like this don't work. Include personal bias and these things rarely do anything productive. Agreed and closing....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.