Wonder Woman vs Silver Surfer h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Diana has her standard eqipment and SS is off his board. Flight is banned so its a pure grounded h2h contest.

vansonbee
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Diana has her standard eqipment and SS is off his board. Flight is banned so its a pure grounded h2h contest. Wonder woman wins, she pretty much 80% brute lolz. While Silver Surfer is 95% cosmic power range* rolling on floor laughing

Mindship
SS gets happily dominated.

Enyalus
Is Surfer allowed to amp himself?

The Great Galen
He still has his cosmic powers, but both of them cant fly.

Darth Martin
Surfer is up there in strength but Diana would curbstomp him with her skills.

Can Surfer fly w/o the board?

AlmightyKfish
He can technically, the same way Morg and Stardust fly, just be using the PC.

Anyway, Surfer still has all his powers, just not flight.

Surfer ftw

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Can Surfer fly w/o the board? I've read some bios stating he can (and considering his powerset, he should be able to), but 99x outta 100, he tumbles like a girlie-man when knocked off of it.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Priest
Surfer wins because the thread creator likes to bait.

Really, I can't see Diana KO Norrin, so yea Norrin does win.

Bouboumaster
Surfer, if he can blast the shit out of Diana

Priest
He doesn't need to blast her, but he can charge is fist and knock the shit out of her.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Priest

Really, I can't see Diana KO Norrin, so yea Norrin does win.

Reported for bashing, U cant see her KO'ing him yet u think he can somehow tag her in h2h combat lol.

The Great Galen
He doesn't need to blast her, but he can charge is fist and knock the shit out of her.

Hmm to bad amping takes time and his brick like combat speed cant afford it.

snyper1982
Diana has her standard eqipment and SS is off his board. Flight is banned so its a pure grounded h2h contest.

SS via gender!

The Great Galen
Diana.

darthgoober
I say Surfer takes it in the end, but it'd probably take a while for him to pull it off. He's going to have a tough time dealing with her superior skill but she's going to have an even tougher time causing any actual damage to Norrin. And if he's only barred from using the Power Cosmic for flight and offensive purposes he'll be able to heal any damage she manages to inflict before any substantial amount accumulates. It would probably be comparible to a h2h fight between Spiderman and classic Cyber(except that Surfer's head is protected too).

ultimatethor
SS still takes it but barely. His durability and healing abilities will win out in the end if this is pure hand to hand no other offensive powers.

But if u mean that he can still use his power cosmic just not fly then he wins it in the usual stomp. Encase her in an energy field and then impale her with sharp constructs or trap her in a solidified cocoon of ethel energy..etc. If thats the case then this fight will be heavily one sided. Im assuming however that it is pure h2h( no other powers, no lasso,tiara etc) which means it will be very tough.

iceman24567
Surfer gets arm barred no expression.

Priest
Reported for bashing, U cant see her KO'ing him yet u think he can somehow tag her in h2h combat lol.
Report me son, its the truth and u know it roll eyes (sarcastic)

LOL..Surfer travels at FTL speeds in space, so when he flys he can't see?
If he can't follow objects moving at fast velocities then he wont be ably to go FLT.
Are u following?
Diana can't win the majority.

Hmm to bad amping takes time and his brick like combat speed cant afford it. lol, u know nothing, Read some of the Hulk and Surfer fights, he quickly can amp to Hulk strength easily.

Zack Fair
Didnt a cut off from the Power Cosmic Surfer stand up to Hulk during Planet Hulk? I dont remember the details but if I remember right that proves he can last and hold his own, and he has the PC in this so it is even better for him. Howevr Diana has Super Speed beyond anything Hulk can dream of and she has her tiara, lasso and bracelets.

I dunno. Diana definitely has what it takes to win and this is pretty much her playground.

The Great Galen
Report me son, its the truth and u know it roll eyes (sarcastic)

LOL..Surfer travels at FTL speeds in space, so when he flys he can't see?
If he can't follow objects moving at fast velocities then he wont be ably to go FLT.
Are u following?
Diana can't win the majority.

lol, u know nothing, Read some of the Hulk and Surfer fights, he quickly can amp to Hulk strength easily.

Technically that should be true, but untill any combat feats of him moving in "fTL"speed manifest then why assume. His MA skill and h2h speed did not help him avoid a armbar from BP or effortlessly avoid the 6 punchs from Thanos has KO'ed him.

kakuzu
WW pwns SS easily then.

CaptainStoic
I don't see how Surfers going to win this, I mean he really can't fight. All I see is Diana parrying every punch and giving it back, which will eventually knock him out. Just my opinion though.

kakuzu
I don't know about the knock out part. Thors hammer couldn't even do this at time. However I can see him getting mighty frustrated and going down. He probably won't even get a punch in. It be like Surfer VS Champion in the ring all over again.

The Great Galen
Diana could use her trinkets since she is equped with standard gear.

darthgoober
Diana could use her trinkets since she is equped with standard gear.
I thought it was H2H? Can Surfer create weapons like this...
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.th.jpg

The Great Galen
Meh why not, lasso is still better u know.

darthgoober
Why'd you put H2H then? If weapons are allowed then why not blast's?

Also, what about WW's Aegis shield and Surfer's Force Fields? This threads obviously evolved from it's original intent so we're going to need more exact specifications.

The Great Galen
nah lol its just h2h.

vansonbee
Diana could use her trinkets since she is equped with standard gear. Originally posted by The Great Galen
nah lol its just h2h.
erm

Red Hulk
Originally posted by darthgoober
I thought it was H2H? Can Surfer create weapons like this...
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.th.jpg Originally posted by The Great Galen

If Surfer hits her once with that...

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Red Hulk

evil face laughing out loud

darthgoober
Originally posted by Red Hulk

I know right...

joesdabest1
TS is stupid. Surfer 1 shots her with the PC.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by iceman24567
Surfer gets arm barred no expression.

Jesus Christ people are still using that joke.

Mindship
"H2H"

Doesn't that mean, basically, fisticuffs, martial arts, etc? Doesn't that mean punching, kicking, tossing, etc? Doesn't that mean no blasts or forcefields on Surfer's part? IMO, da! In which case, he's stepping right into Diana's domain, plus she has all her standard gear!

I agree that there probably isn't much Diana can do to actually hurt Norrin (would her tiara cut through galactic glaze?). But her h2h skill is so much better than his. She wins by points, not by KO. At least, this is how I'd write it out in a comic.

As for (forum) Surfer amping his strength and combat speed...I dunno. If we go that route, then one could argue for Surfer eventually dominating the likes of Superman, Juggernaut, Mangog, Doomsday, etc, all via h2h.

Do we really wanna go there? Where's the fun in that?

smokin'

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mindship
"H2H"

Doesn't that mean, basically, fisticuffs, martial arts, etc? Doesn't that mean punching, kicking, tossing, etc? Doesn't that mean no blasts or forcefields on Surfer's part? IMO, da! In which case, he's stepping right into Diana's domain, plus she has all her standard gear!

I agree that there probably isn't much Diana can do to actually hurt Norrin (would her tiara cut through galactic glaze?). But her h2h skill is so much better than his. She wins by points, not by KO. At least, this is how I'd write it out in a comic.

As for (forum) Surfer amping his strength and combat speed...I dunno. If we go that route, then one could argue for Surfer eventually dominating the likes of Superman, Juggernaut, Mangog, Doomsday, etc, all via h2h.

Do we really wanna go there? Where's the fun in that?

smokin'

A depowered Surfer did take on Abomination and beat him mostly with h2h skills. I think if he has to fight h2h he might pick his game up.

Avlon
Surfers h2h is laughable in comparison to Diana's. She should be able to discern his weak spots/pressure points and take him out in H2H.

Priest
Technically that should be true,
Thank you for Agreeing with me.

but untill any combat feats of him moving in "fTL"speed manifest then
why assume.
Why assume? Because it make sense no expression

His MA skill and h2h speed did not help him avoid a arm bar from Blacj Panther or effortlessly avoid the 6 punchs from Thanos has KO'ed him.
Ha, nice one, u talk about a PIS comic that Hudlin wrote, the same comic that in which Galactus reached "full power" by Gravity...Did u even read the comic? I'm pretty sure u saw a scan floating around the forums....
Anywayz, PIS is not involved in the forums.. so that "argument" is not valid.

Thanos is Thanos, and Diana would lose to Thanos 10/10...so ur comparison doesn't make sense and is dismissed smile

We're on the second page of the thread and your changing the rules around??
What next? are u gonna give Medusas head in a H2h fight???
Your just proving the following...
It dosen't matter what the stipulations you make but under normal power sets, Diana crumbles to Norrin, easilly..

The Great Galen
Thank you for Agreeing with me.

Why assume? Because it make sense no expression

Ha, nice one, u talk about a PIS comic that Hudlin wrote, the same comic that in which Galactus reached "full power" by Gravity...Did u even read the comic? I'm pretty sure u saw a scan floating around the forums....
Anywayz, PIS is not involved in the forums.. so that "argument" is not valid.

Thanos is Thanos, and Diana would lose to Thanos 10/10...so ur comparison doesn't make sense and is dismissed smile

We're on the second page of the thread and your changing the rules around??
What next? are u gonna give Medusas head in a H2h fight???
Your just proving the following...

It dosen't matter what the stipulations you make but under normal power sets, Diana crumbles to Norrin, easilly..

I wasnt agreeing with anything, I feel that SS should be able to fight at high speeds in combat situations but it doesnt change the fact that he cant. At the momment, SS only strength relies in verssatility but in terms of MA skill amd cobat speed SS he is basically a brick. There is nothing to suggest his h2h skill or comabt speed are even slighlty comparable to Diana.

starlock
Wonder Woman for the win..

I dont see Surfer winning this..i will also put it this way....if it was a contest that scored on hits and location..surfer has no chance i.m.o, but this is a fight to win...it will be tuff...but WW for the majority

darthgoober
I wasnt agreeing with anything, I feel that SS should be able to fight at high speeds in combat situations but it doesnt change the fact that he cant. At the momment, SS only strength relies in verssatility but in terms of MA skill amd cobat speed SS he is basically a brick. There is nothing to suggest his h2h skill or comabt speed are even slighlty comparable to Diana.
Stop claiming that Surfer has no combat speed. We've been over this before and I showed you no less than 5 instances of his using it in battle.

ultimatethor

SS has not displayed combat speed in direct physical confrontations but neither has Wonderwoman.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Avlon
Surfers h2h is laughable in comparison to Diana's.

.....I guess so but hes still not that bad and he can amp his power, durability and speed. Im not sure about Surfer ive only seen one impressive h2h showings, however he does tend to hold back alot the reason why the h2h showing was good was probably because he was depowered.

She should be able to discern his weak spots/pressure points and take him out in H2H.

Don't think its gonna be that easy.

Avlon
Stop claiming that Surfer has no combat speed. We've been over this before and I showed you no less than 5 instances of his using it in battle.

Look at the bright side...Diana won't be able to bite Norrins ears. cool

quanchi112
Surfers h2h is laughable in comparison to Diana's. She should be able to discern his weak spots/pressure points and take him out in H2H. Have you read any Silver Surfer? She was being physically dominated by Superman. She loses imo. Surfer is too durable for her imo.

Avlon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Have you read any Silver Surfer?

Read quite a bit of him. Have you?

She was being physically dominated by Superman.

LOL... and impacts this battle in what way?

She loses imo. Surfer is too durable for her imo.

That's nice. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

psycho gundam
spite thread.

wonder woman has no business being matched against the silver surfer.
the thread starter just wants to see you puppets dance......and it's working.... erm

quanchi112
Read quite a bit of him. Have you?

LOL... and impacts this battle in what way?

That's nice. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Ok,if you have then who has dominated the Surfer physically?

She cant hang with the big boys physically least of all someone like the Surfer.

Zack Fair
All right then. So we all agree that Diana will dominate, eventhough the Surfer will not go down easily?

Avlon
Ok,if you have then who has dominated the Surfer physically?

Who on Diana's strength/skill level has Surfer dominated in H2H?

She cant hang with the big boys physically least of all someone like the Surfer.

So you should have a ton of incredible H2H scenarios for SS then.

Avlon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
All right then. So we all agree that Diana will dominate, eventhough te Surfer wil not go down easily?

This sounds correct to me.

fangirl101
Wondy wins. She's going to block more of Surfer's punches, move out of the way more, and land more of her own. She's nearly at the top of the food chain when it comes to blunt force trauma. And even managed to hold her own line against the Strength of the last amazo. she's plentry strong and durable enough to tow the line in a hand to hand fight with surfer.

psycho gundam
diana > aegis & tenebreous right erm

she can't even hope to generate enough power to replicate half of what they did to him, and he was only out for a brief while.

fangirl101
Originally posted by psycho gundam
diana > aegis & tenebreous right erm

she can't even hope to generate enough power to replicate half of what they did to him, and he was only out for a brief while.
So that is the basis of your argument? The high end feat? So then Surfer can't hope to generate the power of Zeus or Ares to whom Diana has stood up to. Especially in hand to hand. And Thanos can't generate the power of T and A either, And yet, he somehow manages to one shot Surfer. With casual blast I might add.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by fangirl101
So that is the basis of your argument? The high end feat? So then Surfer can't hope to generate the power of Zeus or Ares to whom Diana has stood up to. Especially in hand to hand. And Thanos can't generate the power of T and A either, And yet, he somehow manages to one shot Surfer. With casual blast I might add.

Diana uses her shields and bracelets to block powerful attacks, physically she is NOT as durable as SS period. HE has way better feats. And thanos has not one shotted surfer before.

The Great Galen

Comparable to WW is the question though, there are tons of characters who have combat speed but to this date I dont really see SS being any faster then wolverine in close quarters.

The Great Galen
Have you read any Silver Surfer? She was being physically dominated by Superman. She loses imo. Surfer is too durable for her imo.

Then again Supes only has peak herald striking power,combat speed,MA skill and durability...I suppose by that logic I can say SS has been tagged before in battle by thanos of all people so.....

darthgoober
Comparable to WW is the question though, there are tons of characters who have combat speed but to this date I dont really see SS being any faster then wolverine in close quarters.
Has Wolverine ever blocked an energy blast from close range AFTER it was fired? Has Wolverine ever grabbed someone(who has actual Super Speed) by the throat and thrown them at such speed that they questioned whether or not they'd just been hit by an energy blast?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Diana uses her shields and bracelets to block powerful attacks, physically she is NOT as durable as SS period. HE has way better feats. And thanos has not one shotted surfer before.

No way is claiming she is as durable as him...althought what feats are you referring to. We are talking about a very specific match here involving only h2h abilites. Unless you are able to provide a scan of SS displaying WW level MA skill, combat speed then I dont really know what these"better feats"are?

darthgoober
Damn bottem of the page...
Has Wolverine ever blocked an energy blast from close range AFTER it was fired? Has Wolverine ever grabbed someone(who has actual Super Speed) by the throat and thrown them at such speed that they questioned whether or not they'd just been hit by an energy blast?

fangirl101
surfer wins in every thread. if he was depowered and had only his cosmic awareness and nothing else, he still wins. now all surfer fans be happy.

Bouboumaster

Thanos is skyfather. Maybe DC Zeus and Ares are not... no expression

The Great Galen

Hey you gotta take that with the wolverine fans...although it still doesnt change the fact that SS has never fought as fast as logan before.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos is skyfather. Maybe DC Zeus and Ares are not... no expression

You're so right, thanos is lower abstract and SS is skyfather and Diana is only street level roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Who on Diana's strength/skill level has Surfer dominated in H2H?

So you should have a ton of incredible H2H scenarios for SS then. So,you claim to have read a ton of the Surfer and cant give me one example. Really?

He fought the Hulk while being depowered. He looked very impressive and more than held his own.Originally posted by Avlon
This sounds correct to me. Based on?
Then again Supes only has peak herald striking power,combat speed,MA skill and durability...I suppose by that logic I can say SS has been tagged before in battle by thanos of all people so..... Who hasnt Thanos tagged? Thats like saying Solon Grundy tagged Superman. LOL.Originally posted by The Great Galen
Comparable to WW is the question though, there are tons of characters who have combat speed but to this date I dont really see SS being any faster then wolverine in close quarters. Did you really just compare the Surfer's speed to Wolverine's. sick

quanchi112
surfer wins in every thread. if he was depowered and had only his cosmic awareness and nothing else, he still wins. now all surfer fans be happy. Not in every thread. But he does win in this one imo.Originally posted by The Great Galen
Hey you gotta take that with the wolverine fans...although it still doesnt change the fact that SS has never fought as fast as logan before. Give me some speed feats of Wolverine that compare to the Surfer's.

darthgoober
Hey you gotta take that with the wolverine fans...although it still doesnt change the fact that SS has never fought as fast as logan before.
So you're now saying that you don't know what speed feats Wolverine's actually accomplished but you're just going to assume that his feats trump Surfer's?

Avlon
So,you claim to have read a ton of the Surfer and cant give me one example. Really?

So, you're backing up SS but can't come up with a plausible example? Really?

The Great Galen
So, you're backing up SS but can't come up with a plausible example? Really?

No way...that doesnt sound Quan at all big grin

Bouboumaster
You're so right, thanos is lower abstract and SS is skyfather and Diana is only street level roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos is skyfather, Silver Surfer is High-herald lvler and Wondy is High or Middle-Herald lvler.

Oh, and Surfer punch Diana in the face ftw.

Baiter.

The Great Galen
Thanos is high Trans, SS is peak herald id say while WW is high herald but on the lower end of it. Although WW MA skill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS MA skill.

vansonbee
Thanos is high Trans, SS is peak herald id say while WW is high herald but on the lower end of it. Although WW MA skill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS MA skill. Still that not a fact, still a god damn opinion lolz

She-Hulk might not be strong as WW, but SS didn't feel a thing.http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4889/silversurfer03603iy4kw6.th.jpghttp://img139.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

psycho gundam
wonder woman obviously has superior martial arts skills, i don't believe anyone is denying that fact, but it's the power/defense of the silver surfer that gives him the win always. he's a pacifist at heart after all, but if he gets riled he WILL put an end to his attacker.

people are erroneously equating a beating or over-powering from thanos to a beating ww gave some other character. =/=.

darthgoober
Thanos is high Trans, SS is peak herald id say while WW is high herald but on the lower end of it. Although WW MA skill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS MA skill.
Captain America's MA skills>>>>Cyber's/Slapstick's/Colossus's MA skills.

That doesn't mean that Cap can take any of them him in a H2H fight though.

Sasaraixx
Wondy wins. She's going to block more of Surfer's punches, move out of the way more, and land more of her own. She's nearly at the top of the food chain when it comes to blunt force trauma. And even managed to hold her own line against the Strength of the last amazo. she's plentry strong and durable enough to tow the line in a hand to hand fight with surfer.

This.

psycho gundam
is a lie

ultimatethor
No way is claiming she is as durable as him...althought what feats are you referring to. We are talking about a very specific match here involving only h2h abilites. Unless you are able to provide a scan of SS displaying WW level MA skill, combat speed then I dont really know what these"better feats"are?

What? You dont know that surfer has better durability feats than wonderwoman? Those were the feats i was referring to. I never claimed that he had better H2H skills than Wondy.

fangirl101
Is Surfer Stonger than Sun amped Superman? Or Amazo? Or Oblivion? This is the kind of strength it takes to put Wondy on the ropes physically. Konvict? Even then, She manages to sometimes overcome or last against these kinds of odds. Surfer Wont' be able to win in a hand to hand with Wondy.

ultimatethor
Is Surfer Stonger than Sun amped Superman? Or Amazo? Or Oblivion? This is the kind of strength it takes to put Wondy on the ropes physically. Konvict? Even then, She manages to sometimes overcome or last against these kinds of odds. Surfer Wont' be able to win in a hand to hand with Wondy.

This is going to be a very long fight. Surfer is much more durable than wonderwoman and she is going to get weak before he does. Not to mention he can heal himself from any damage inflicted.

quanchi112
So, you're backing up SS but can't come up with a plausible example? Really? Its obvious you havent read any Surfer and cant give me one example. You jus seem to know a fair amount about Superman. I already gave you an example of the Hulk. You havent given me one and you claimed you have read a lot about the Surfer.
Is Surfer Stonger than Sun amped Superman? Or Amazo? Or Oblivion? This is the kind of strength it takes to put Wondy on the ropes physically. Konvict? Even then, She manages to sometimes overcome or last against these kinds of odds. Surfer Wont' be able to win in a hand to hand with Wondy. Supes was wrecking her physically. It was plain to see she couldnt take him on physically and had to trick him and rely on her skills. he was tearing her apart. Surfer would tear her apart as well.

fangirl101
This is going to be a very long fight. Surfer is much more durable than wonderwoman and she is going to get weak before he does. Not to mention he can heal himself from any damage inflicted.
Healing himself wouldn't be a hand to hand would it. That would be adding in other powers. And Wondy can heal herself as well. Who says it would be that long of a fight if she's blocking all of his punches? It's not like surfer is some uber h2h fighter. He's probably one of the worst.

Avlon
Its obvious you havent read any Surfer and cant give me one example. You jus seem to know a fair amount about Superman. I already gave you an example of the Hulk. You havent given me one and you claimed you have read a lot about the Surfer.

It's obvious that you don't have anything substancial and that is why you want to bait me into a silly semantics war.

I'm still waiting for an example of Surfer besting someone comparable to WW h2h skill, speed, and strength in H2h.

Supes was wrecking her physically. It was plain to see she couldnt take him on physically and had to trick him and rely on her skills. he was tearing her apart. Surfer would tear her apart as well.

Except Surfer isn't Superman and this isn't a fight where he can use the PC to get out of a jam. Surfer's strength level isn't even on level to hurt WW.

fangirl101
It's obvious that you don't have anything substancial and that is why you want to bait me into a silly semantics war.

I'm still waiting for an example of Surfer besting someone comparable to WW h2h skill, speed, and strength in H2h.

Except Surfer isn't Superman and this isn't a fight where he can use the PC to get out of a jam. Surfer's strength level isn't even on level to hurt WW.
You should realize that Surfer supporters will give him the win no matter what. Hell, this thread could have said, Surfer has no arms or legs against wondy, and his supporters would still give him the win.

Sasaraixx
Doesn't WW's link with Gaea also heal her damage? Her bracelets' passive protective ability absorbs impact damage to her person as well. Her amazon training also allows her to overcome pain.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Doesn't WW's link with Gaea also heal her damage? Her bracelets' passive protective ability absorbs impact damage to her person as well. Her amazon training also allows her to overcome pain.
Yeah. She's got this healing power that allows her to heal at a molecular rate. Even over coming molecular disruption should she chose to use it. But you know how that goes. She's a warrior first. I did notice in the Recent Khund story line, she let the lantern beat her face to a pulp, and couple pages later, she was healed or nearly healed.

quanchi112

Except Surfer isn't Superman and this isn't a fight where he can use the PC to get out of a jam. Surfer's strength level isn't even on level to hurt WW. Here are his powers according to marvel's official website. Pay close attention.

Powers
The Silver Surfer wields "the power cosmic", absorbing and manipulating the universe's ambient cosmic energies. He can augment his strength to incalculable levels, and is almost totally indestructible. He can navigate space, hyperspace and dimensional barriers, and can fly at near-limitless speeds on his board, entering hyperspace when he exceeds light speed. He has even proven capable of time travel on occasion. The Surfer does not require food, drink, air or sleep, sustained entirely by converting matter into energy. He is immune to temperature extremes and most radiation, and can survive in vacuum environments such as outer space and hyperspace. He can analyze and manipulate matter and energy, and restructure or animate matter at will, even transmuting elements. He can heal living beings (though he cannot raise the dead), and has proven capable of revitalizing or evolving organic life on a planet wide scale. He can alter the size of himself or of other matter, cast illusions, fire energy blasts, form and manipulate energy constructs, manipulate gravity, absorb and discharge most forms of energy, and phase through solid matter. His senses enable him to detect objects and energies light years away, and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail; he can even see through time, and with concentration can achieve limited perception of past and future events in his general vicinity. The Surfer has demonstrated limited telepathic ability on occasion, and has proven able to influence human emotion and sensation.

Gamora has exceptional skill and is considered to the deadliest woman in the universe but she couldnt beat Ronan who isnt on par with Surfer. Her strength still isnt enough to be able to take Superman on in a matchup. She was getting annihilated. She cant handle someone like the Silver Surfer. you obviously arent as familiar with him as you thought you were.

Nice dodge by the way.

Avlon
Here are his powers according to marvel's official website. Pay close attention.

Powers
The Silver Surfer wields "the power cosmic", absorbing and manipulating the universe's ambient cosmic energies. He can augment his strength to incalculable levels, and is almost totally indestructible. He can navigate space, hyperspace and dimensional barriers, and can fly at near-limitless speeds on his board, entering hyperspace when he exceeds light speed. He has even proven capable of time travel on occasion. The Surfer does not require food, drink, air or sleep, sustained entirely by converting matter into energy. He is immune to temperature extremes and most radiation, and can survive in vacuum environments such as outer space and hyperspace. He can analyze and manipulate matter and energy, and restructure or animate matter at will, even transmuting elements. He can heal living beings (though he cannot raise the dead), and has proven capable of revitalizing or evolving organic life on a planet wide scale. He can alter the size of himself or of other matter, cast illusions, fire energy blasts, form and manipulate energy constructs, manipulate gravity, absorb and discharge most forms of energy, and phase through solid matter. His senses enable him to detect objects and energies light years away, and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail; he can even see through time, and with concentration can achieve limited perception of past and future events in his general vicinity. The Surfer has demonstrated limited telepathic ability on occasion, and has proven able to influence human emotion and sensation.

Gamora has exceptional skill and is considered to the deadliest woman in the universe but she couldnt beat Ronan who isnt on par with Surfer. Her strength still isnt enough to be able to take Superman on in a matchup. She was getting annihilated. She cant handle someone like the Silver Surfer. you obviously arent as familiar with him as you thought you were.

Nice dodge by the way.

Your reading comprehension is sorely in need of fine tuning. Let's go with the original post (although slightly modified later by the author) it still stands pretty well.

Nice bio by the way. Here's wonderwomans...godlike strength, speed, and invulnerability. Oh well, like a resume, everything sounds good on paper..including for Norrin and Wondy. smile

http://www.dccomics.com/media/_dcu/heroes_and_villains/origin_stories/wonder_woman/2.jpg

LOL at Ronan and Gamora.... we aren't talking about them. Guess you aren't familiar with the characters we actually are debating. Especially since Norrin doesn't hit or compare to Superman in the striking power and physical strength dept.

Nice try at a dodge and of course, your standard imflammatory comments meant to sidetrack the actual debate.

Still waiting on a real example of Surfer with incredible H2H against a Wonder Woman level opponent from you.

quanchi112
Your reading comprehension is sorely in need of fine tuning.

Nice bio by the way. Here's wonderwomans...godlike strength, speed, and invulnerability. Oh well, like a resume, everything sounds good on paper..including for Norrin and Wondy. smile

http://www.dccomics.com/media/_dcu/heroes_and_villains/origin_stories/wonder_woman/2.jpg

LOL at Ronan and Gamora.... we aren't talking about them. Guess you aren't familiar with the characters we actually are debating. Especially since Norrin doesn't hit or compare to Superman in the striking power and physical strength dept.

Nice try at a dodge and of course, your standard imflammatory comments meant to sidetrack the actual debate.

Still waiting on a real example of Surfer with incredible H2H against a Wonder Woman level opponent from you. Surfer has better feats though than WW. He hasnt been physically dominated like WW has before.

I am familiar with them but it seems you lack any knowledge about the Silver Surfer.

I dont think that the Surfer and Superman are that different when it comes to power punches. Both are above WW imo.

Surfer demonstrated excellent skill against the Hulk while weakened. Now who has WW hurt and beat hand to hand that is comparable to the Surfer.

fangirl101
Surfer has better feats though than WW. He hasnt been physically dominated like WW has before.

I am familiar with them but it seems you lack any knowledge about the Silver Surfer.

I dont think that the Surfer and Superman are that different when it comes to power punches. Both are above WW imo.

Surfer demonstrated excellent skill against the Hulk while weakened. Now who has WW hurt and beat hand to hand that is comparable to the Surfer.
Wonder Woman has beeb physically beaten by characters who are physically superior to Surfer. So how does your first statement have any merit? Aunt May hasn't been physically beaten either has she? Does that mean she can beat wonder Woman in a boxing match?

Your opinion of Surfer's punching power is backed up with what feats? How many times has surfer punched someone? Someone of high level durability and wondy's planet moving strength?

psycho gundam
quick question: whats wonder woman going to do to silver surfer that will strong enough to overcome his cosmic durability?

quanchi112
Wonder Woman has beeb physically beaten by characters who are physically superior to Surfer. So how does your first statement have any merit? Aunt May hasn't been physically beaten either has she? Does that mean she can beat wonder Woman in a boxing match?

Your opinion of Surfer's punching power is backed up with what feats? How many times has surfer punched someone? Someone of high level durability and wondy's planet moving strength? Ah the darthgoober tactic.

Which top tier has she beaten in combat?

Surfer has punched characters enough and can augment his strength to incalculable levels.

fangirl101
quick question: whats wonder woman going to do to silver surfer that will strong enough to overcome his cosmic durability?

What feats do silver surfer have that he's going to be able to get around her skyfather level bracers, her Sun amped Superman punching durability, and best in the dc world mele fighting skills?

quanchi112
What feats do silver surfer have that he's going to be able to get around her skyfather level bracers, her Sun amped Superman punching durability, and best in the dc world mele fighting skills? She was knocked out temporarily and was getting annihilated. She tricked and hid from Superman because she was getting her ass kicked. WW cant hang with the big boys imo. Surfer is one of them.

The Great Galen
Its obvious you havent read any Surfer and cant give me one example. You jus seem to know a fair amount about Superman. I already gave you an example of the Hulk. You havent given me one and you claimed you have read a lot about the Surfer.
Supes was wrecking her physically. It was plain to see she couldnt take him on physically and had to trick him and rely on her skills. he was tearing her apart. Surfer would tear her apart as well.

Except clark has peak herald striking power,physical strength,speed and durability. He has exceptional MA skill and has been known to use all of these incredible attributes in h2h situations at superspeed all at once.

quanchi112
Except clark has peak herald striking power,physical strength,speed and durability. He has exceptional MA skill and has been known to use all of these incredible attributes in h2h situations at superspeed all at once. yes and he pwned her easily. Surfer's durability is head and shoulders above hers imo. Either Supes or Surfer would beat her head in imo.

The Great Galen
She was knocked out temporarily and was getting annihilated. She tricked and hid from Superman because she was getting her ass kicked. WW cant hang with the big boys imo. Surfer is one of them.

For different reasons, SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities otherwise he would have avoided a armbar from BP.

Warrior18
yes and he pwned her easily. Surfer's durability is head and shoulders above hers imo. Either Supes or Surfer would beat her head in imo.

thumb up

The Great Galen
yes and he pwned her easily. Surfer's durability is head and shoulders above hers imo. Either Supes or Surfer would beat her head in imo.

Explain how he would win in a h2h situation...combat feats plz.

quanchi112
For different reasons, SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities otherwise he would have avoided a armbar from BP. So,you are going to judge the Surfer on his low showing alone. laughing out loud

Sasaraixx
She was knocked out temporarily and was getting annihilated. She tricked and hid from Superman because she was getting her ass kicked. WW cant hang with the big boys imo. Surfer is one of them.

Annihilated? You must have missed all of the beating that she threw Supes way. He was trying to kill her. She was merely trying to restrain him. If by tricked, you mean used her superior intellect and strategy to out think him, then yes she did. Defeating Clark wouldn't have solved anything, and Diana realized this. That is why she went after Maxwell.

That also wasn't a straight H2H confrontation. Had it been, I think Diana would have been fairly confident that she could take Clark. She is a warrior, and this is the kind of fight in which she shines.

The Great Galen
So,you are going to judge the Surfer on his low showing alone. laughing out loud

How is it low....ss doesnt have bp ma skill or combat speed so....

ultimatethor
How is it low....ss doesnt have bp ma skill or combat speed so....

Are u insane? A character like BP who has at best peak human strength being able to restrain a character like SS who is a high level class hundred and yet u think it is a usable feat? eek!

quanchi112
How is it low....ss doesnt have bp ma skill or combat speed so.... Its like your basing your entire argument off of that feat. Priceless. Yet you tell me he can beat Thanos. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Annihilated? You must have missed all of the beating that she threw Supes way. He was trying to kill her. She was merely trying to restrain him. If by tricked, you mean used her superior intellect and strategy to out think him, then yes she did. Defeating Clark wouldn't have solved anything, and Diana realized this. That is why she went after Maxwell.

That also wasn't a straight H2H confrontation. Had it been, I think Diana would have been fairly confident that she could take Clark. She is a warrior, and this is the kind of fight in which she shines. She avoided him and got some some moves in. He was breaking her. If she would have stayed and fought him to the death she would have been murdered.

ultimatethor
Healing himself wouldn't be a hand to hand would it. That would be adding in other powers. And Wondy can heal herself as well. Who says it would be that long of a fight if she's blocking all of his punches? It's not like surfer is some uber h2h fighter. He's probably one of the worst.

Wonderwoman wont be blocking all of surfers punches. She will definitely get more in and wud receive less but SS durability which is head and shoulders above hers wud help him soak up the damage.

Red Hulk
How is it low....ss doesnt have bp ma skill or combat speed so.... Reported for trolling.

I've seen you make this argument at least 3 times before, and everytime you've been proven wrong.

fangirl101
Wonderwoman wont be blocking all of surfers punches. She will definitely get more in and wud receive less but SS durability which is head and shoulders above hers wud help him soak up the damage.
I've never seen surfer's hands move fast enough to get past her defenses. I have seen her hands move fast enough to block every single one of his punches. He's not that skilled. I surmise in a hand to hand, she could simply side step most of his punches as he'd telegraph his moves. It's a reason why she's the best amazon ever. hand to hand is her thing. And her durability is right up there with the best of them in this particular arena.

Avlon
Are u insane? A character like BP who has at best peak human strength being able to restrain a character like SS who is a high level class hundred and yet u think it is a usable feat? eek!

I don't think he was going about the actual hold...more like how sad Norrin looked when he tried to take on BP in h2h. He was woefully inadequate in that area.

ultimatethor
I've never seen surfer's hands move fast enough to get past her defenses. I have seen her hands move fast enough to block every single one of his punches. He's not that skilled. I surmise in a hand to hand, she could simply side step most of his punches as he'd telegraph his moves. It's a reason why she's the best amazon ever. hand to hand is her thing. And her durability is right up there with the best of them in this particular arena.

Okay how often does she display this hand speed in direct physical confrontations? And her durability is pretty gud no doubt just not near SS'

darthgoober
For different reasons, SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities otherwise he would have avoided a armbar from BP.
Hasn't Bada already addressed your continuously bringing up that encounter as evidence in the past...
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm reopening the thread. Any more trouble and it's closed for good. I don't want to see any more low balling of feats, trolling, baiting, flaming or spamming. Supes and SS have high feats on a consistent basis. Any armbars or slower than bullet scans will be deleted and warnings dealt. Anyone I've spoken to or warned before will be subject to a temp ban. I can't be any more blunt.

Are you TRYING to get a warning or something?

A dependence upon low showings in discussion=Weak Debater.

psycho gundam
What feats do silver surfer have that he's going to be able to get around her skyfather level bracers, her Sun amped Superman punching durability, and best in the dc world mele fighting skills? i knew you would try to reverse the question in avoidance....

but seriously, yes she is a better fighter but his cosmic glaze and empowerment by the power cosmic render him immune to anything she can do to him. (green scar hulk pounded away at a depowered silver surfer and he was ok)

and surfer can still supplant his musculature with cosmic energy ala champion.

Badabing
How is it low....ss doesnt have bp ma skill or combat speed so.... Originally posted by Red Hulk
Reported for trolling.

I've seen you make this argument at least 3 times before, and everytime you've been proven wrong. Originally posted by darthgoober
Hasn't Bada already addressed your continuously citing that encounter in the past...

Are you TRYING to get a warning or something?

A dependence upon low showings in discussion=Weak Debater. Great Galan, consider this a warning. Thanks.

fangirl101
Okay how often does she display this hand speed in direct physical confrontations? And her durability is pretty gud no doubt just not near SS'
Just recently in JLA she blocked Ubermazo's heat vision enough effectively to cover the whole team. With her hands and wrist. So um yeah, Crazy hand speed.

fangirl101
i knew you would try to reverse the question in avoidance....

but seriously, yes she is a better fighter but his cosmic glaze and empowerment by the power cosmic render him immune to anything she can do to him. (green scar hulk pounded away at a depowered silver surfer and he was ok)

and surfer can still supplant his musculature with cosmic energy ala champion.

This is a hand to hand. Using his Cosmic anything to amp anything would be venturing outside of the h2h OP.

darthgoober
This is a hand to hand. Using his Cosmic anything to amp anything would be venturing outside of the h2h OP.
You should ask the thread starter just to be safe...
He still has his cosmic powers, but both of them cant fly.

ultimatethor
Just recently in JLA she blocked Ubermazo's heat vision enough effectively to cover the whole team. With her hands and wrist. So um yeah, Crazy hand speed.

As i suspected. A total misunderstanding of the posed question. HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HANDSPEED OF HERS APPEAR IN DIRECT PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH OTHER BEINGS? I dont mean her blocking energy blasts. Heck surfer has blocked energy beams AFTER they ere fired before as well.

Mindship
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.th.jpg Looks like Norrin would give Green Lantern a run for his money... shifty

fangirl101
As i suspected. A total misunderstanding of the posed question. HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HANDSPEED OF HERS APPEAR IN DIRECT PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS WITH OTHER BEINGS? I dont mean her blocking energy blasts. Heck surfer has blocked energy beams AFTER they ere fired before as well.
Multiple energy blast? At point blank range, or from an entirely different area and then gotten himself in the way of said blast to protect someone?

Like This http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/52/l_a41e897a23f44db89aa387beccb02b61.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/34/l_1110e3a7d09a4839b3d9f9687cbae0ce.jpg

Surfer has hand to hand feats like this?
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/1/l_2e70a018fef2454d962e63ba1050b8d8.jpg

Sasaraixx

I understand the desire to have direct panel evidence, but this is getting ridiculous. She has used her speed and reflexes on so many occasions. It is the exact type of movement she would use in a H2H encounter. It's not that she simply blocked "a" energy beam. Do you know the precision, dexterity, and speed it would take to perform these feats? This is how she would have to move if she were blocking someones physical attacks.

This is the type of fighting that Diana has extensive training in. This is HER element. Anyone would be hard pressed to beat her with their fists, unless they had somewhere near her skill level AND was a great deal stronger, faster and more durable.

And Quan, I think we were reading two different stories. "Got a few moves in?" lol He was going all out. She wasn't. He walked away just as badly beaten, if not worse.

fangirl101
I understand the desire to have direct panel evidence, but this is getting ridiculous. She has used her speed and reflexes on so many occasions. It is the exact type of movement she would use in a H2H encounter. It's not that she simply blocked "a" energy beam. Do you know the precision, dexterity, and speed it would take to perform these feats? This is how she would have to move if she were blocking someones physical attacks.

This is the type of fighting that Diana has extensive training in. This is HER element. Anyone would be hard pressed to beat her with their fists, unless they had somewhere near her skill level AND was a great deal stronger, faster and more durable.

And Quan, I think we were reading two different stories. "Got a few moves in?" lol He was going all out. She wasn't. He walked away just as badly beaten, if not worse.
Wondy has used her bracers to block Superman's punches before. She's blocked a minataur's physical assault as well.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Badabing
Great Galan, consider this a warning. Thanks.

Bads, I was not implying that any mere street level could defeat SS. As a matter of fact I know the basis of that particular incident is PIS on the account that it would be impossible for someone like BP to maintain a person with SS level of strength in a armbar hold. What I am questioning and what I'm implying is that there havn't been any situations before that have really tested SS MA level, especially agaisnt a foe of BP's h2h calibur. So with that said, what feats from SS past indicate that he could avoid a armbar if let's say the opponent was of equal or greater physical strength but with exceptional MA skill.

SS has a limited display of MA skill, and quite frankly we never see him using incredible combat speed,striking power or precise h2h ability like we do other top tiers. IMO while the BP incident is PIS due to BP maintaining the hold...I don't see anything wrong with someone of BP's h2h calibur applying it to something with Very shallow MA skill like SS.

darthgoober
Bads, I was not implying that any mere street level could defeat SS. As a matter of fact I know the basis of that particular incident is PIS on the account that it would be impossible for someone like BP to maintain a person with SS level of strength in a armbar hold. What I am questioning and what I'm implying is that there havn't been any situations before that have really tested SS MA level, especially agaisnt a foe of BP's h2h calibur. So with that said, what feats from SS past indicate that he could avoid a armbar if let's say the opponent was of equal or greater physical strength but with exceptional MA skill.

SS has a limited display of MA skill, and quite frankly we never see him using incredible combat speed,striking power or precise h2h ability like we do other top tiers. IMO while the BP incident is PIS due to BP maintaining the hold...I don't see anything wrong with someone of BP's h2h calibur applying it to something with Very shallow MA skill like SS.
Does BP move faster than an energy blast? Not just stay ahead of someone's aim, if it were a race between the two that started side by side do you think he could keep up with one?

The Great Galen

Well she did have to eventually resort to her trinkets, she realized the situation was futile and that outcome would certainly not be in her favor. The fight was more of a testament to her abilities but it did have a taint of PIS considering he has defeated more imposing foes with less effort in the past..althought I dont know why that matters because SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities.

The Great Galen
Does BP move faster than an energy blast? Not just stay ahead of it's aim, if it were a race between the two that started side by side do you think he could keep up with one?

When does travel feat=combat feet though, unless some feat of SS displaying superspeed in combat manifest then there's no reason to think he's even meta-fast in terms of combat speed.

fangirl101
Well she did have to eventually resort to her trinkets, she realized the situation was futile and that outcome would certainly not be in her favor. The fight was more of a testament to her abilities but it did have a taint of PIS considering he has defeated more imposing foes with less effort in the past..althought I dont know why that matters because SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities.
Her resorting to her trinkets is no different than other high level bricks resorting to thier powers to pull out an injuring attack. Such As thor using his hammer, or BB using his voice, or Superman using his heat vision or flash freeze breath, or BA using his magical lightning. It's still part of thier set.

vansonbee
Well she did have to eventually resort to her trinkets, she realized the situation was futile and that outcome would certainly not be in her favor. The fight was more of a testament to her abilities but it did have a taint of PIS considering he has defeated more imposing foes with less effort in the past..althought I dont know why that matters because SS doesnt have Supes combat abilities. Actually in long term of the fight, Silver Surfer still wins. Even if wonder woman tears his arm off or arm-lock. He can regenarate another with cosmic power. ( If she could tear it off) He very durable and could amp his strength way above her's.

He took a hit from She-Hulk(intent to kill) and didn't feel it and even reaction in the face* I understand ww is stronger then she-hulk, but they are close in strength terms

The Great Galen
Her resorting to her trinkets is no different than other high level bricks resorting to thier powers to pull out an injuring attack. Such As thor using his hammer, or BB using his voice, or Superman using his heat vision or flash freeze breath, or BA using his magical lightning. It's still part of thier set.

Right, but when she was holding back shs was intentionally hoping to stay clear of using her toys. The fight was pointless from the start, she knew all she had to do was hold him off long enough and when that plan almost folded into itself she was forced out of desperation to use her trinket. At any rate why does it matter...SS is not Supes in combat ability.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by vansonbee
Actually in long term of the fight, Silver Surfer still wins. Even if wonder woman tears his arm off or arm-lock. He can regenarate another with cosmic power. ( If she could tear it off) He very durable and could amp his strength way above her's.

He took a hit from She-Hulk(intent to kill) and didn't feel it and even reaction in the face* I understand ww is stronger then she-hulk, but they are close in strength terms

Oddly enough SS has been thrown around by Champion who was KO'ed by she-hulk...funny how that works.

vansonbee
Oddly enough SS has been thrown around by Champion who was KO'ed by she-hulk...funny how that works. That was in the old days. SS recently got upgrade rolling on floor laughing

She-hulk was hella huge when fighting Champion round 2, you to admit* We can say she was superior to SS back in the old days in strength terms.

1960's .....

Red Hulk
Oddly enough SS has been thrown around by Champion who was KO'ed by she-hulk...funny how that works. She-Hulk was amped up, and SS dropped Champion in two blasts...

Cavalier
Oddly enough SS has been thrown around by Champion who was KO'ed by she-hulk...funny how that works. Yeah, ABC logic makes me lol too.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Cavalier
Yeah, ABC logic makes me lol too.

Or how about flight=combat speed logic...thats always a blast.

kgkg
Or how about flight=combat speed logic...thats always a blast. Speed is speed.

If Norin can react and move that those speed it makes perfect sense, and combat speed for SS is on his board that how he does his battles.

Red Hulk
Or how about flight=combat speed logic...thats always a blast. Ya, I hate when that's used for Orion too.

See, me and you have some things in common.

darthgoober
When does travel feat=combat feet though, unless some feat of SS displaying superspeed in combat manifest then there's no reason to think he's even meta-fast in terms of combat speed.
Who said I was talking about Traveling speed? If you put BP in a mirrored room and fired off something like Supes's heat vision could BP bounce around the room and keep pace with the reflecting beam?

darthgoober
Oddly enough SS has been thrown around by Champion who was KO'ed by she-hulk...funny how that works.
And WW's been thrown around by Superman who was KO'd by an exploding gas station...

See why it's a bad idea to use low showings from before characters had upgrades?

ultimatethor
Multiple energy blast? At point blank range, or from an entirely different area and then gotten himself in the way of said blast to protect someone?

Like This http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/52/l_a41e897a23f44db89aa387beccb02b61.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/34/l_1110e3a7d09a4839b3d9f9687cbae0ce.jpg

Surfer has hand to hand feats like this?
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/1/l_2e70a018fef2454d962e63ba1050b8d8.jpg

Really,do u have nothing in actual physical confrontations? Cuz her showings in those confrontations are what wud be relevant to this fight. I mean, her blocking energy blasts is nice and all but if she has unable to replicate it in physical confrontations then i dont see why she will suddenly do so in this fight.

ultimatethor

No it is not ridiculous. Why do u think she willl suddenly do something she has not shown to be capable of ON Panel in this fight( If she has done then please post something at least)? YOu say she has extensive training in this type of fight right? Thats great then it shud be even easier for u to show her displaying that extensive training in situations similar to this one shouldnt it?

Sasaraixx

She only used her tiara at the VERY end while she was interrogating Lord. She just needed to temporarily subdue him, while she got the answers from Lord. She didn't want to let him out of the lasso, so the tiara was her best option. She tried to use the lasso and kryptonite dagger, but was unsuccessful. The situation was futile, but not for the reasons you are saying. She only had 3 options - (1) Use her lasso to break him from Lord's control; that didn't work (2) Kill him: something Diana didn't want to do and probably wasn't capabale of doing without prep; (3) distract him long enough to get to the source of the problem, Lord. When 1 didn't work, she went to the next best option, number 3.

And to ultimatethor, it is silly to assume she is not capable of doing something that is obviously in her skill set. Do you have any on panel evidence that would lead us to believe that she is NOT capable of combat at those speeds? If so, then I'll retract the point. If not, then given all of the other evidence of her speed and agility and her own belief that she is faster than Clark, I'm inclined to believe that she is capable of fighting at those speeds. She has to think and move just as fast to repel the attacks others have shown in this thread as she would for physical attacks. You just view her incredible reflex speeds and skill to be off point. I view them as being directly reflective of her COMBAT abilities. This is all part of her training as an Amazon.

ultimatethor
She only used her tiara at the VERY end while she was interrogating Lord. She just needed to temporarily subdue him, while she got the answers from Lord. She didn't want to let him out of the lasso, so the tiara was her best option. She tried to use the lasso and kryptonite dagger, but was unsuccessful. The situation was futile, but not for the reasons you are saying. She only had 3 options - (1) Use her lasso to break him from Lord's control; that didn't work (2) Kill him: something Diana didn't want to do and probably wasn't capabale of doing without prep; (3) distract him long enough to get to the source of the problem, Lord. When 1 didn't work, she went to the next best option, number 3.

And to ultimatethor, it is silly to assume she is not capable of doing something that is obviously in her skill set. Do you have any on panel evidence that would lead us to believe that she is NOT capable of combat at those speeds? If so, then I'll retract the point. If not, then given all of the other evidence of her speed and agility and her own belief that she is faster than Clark, I'm inclined to believe that she is capable of fighting at those speeds. She has to think and move just as fast to repel the attacks others have shown in this thread as she would for physical attacks. You just view her incredible reflex speeds and skill to be off point. I view them as being directly reflective of her COMBAT abilities. This is all part of her training as an Amazon.

Dude dont use asters cop out style on me. The only thing that is silly is u saying it is within her abilities and being unable to show her doing it. It is ur duty to prove she can do it with on panel evidence not mine to prove a negative. If she is capable of fighting( physical confrontations) at those speeds then she shud obviously have examples of her doing so in comics. Yes she does have to think and move at the same speeds to react to the other attacks shown as she wud in reaction to physical in this thread but if she has not been able to think at move at the same speeds in these situations then we cannot simply assume she can when she has failed to do so. Whether it is all partof her training as an Amazon is highly irrlevant if she continuously fails to show this when she gets into these type of situations.

What u are suggesting is something that few characters aside flash have ever shown in direct physical combat. If she is capable of doing the same thing in such a situation then im sure there are examples of her doing such which u can show. Its that simple. If u cant do that dont say that she is so skilled and fast SS wont land a hit when u cant show her displaying these skills in physical confrontations to such degrees

Sasaraixx
Dude dont use asters cop out style on me. The only thing that is silly is u saying it is within her abilities and being unable to show her doing it. It is ur duty to prove she can do it with on panel evidence not mine to prove a negative. If she is capable of fighting( physical confrontations) at those speeds then she shud obviously have examples of her doing so in comics. Yes she does have to think and move at the same speeds to react to the other attacks shown as she wud in reaction to physical in this thread but if she has not been able to think at move at the same speeds in these situations then we cannot simply assume she can when she has failed to do so. Whether it is all partof her training as an Amazon is highly irrlevant if she continuously fails to show this when she gets into these type of situations.

What u are suggesting is something that few characters aside flash have ever shown in direct physical combat. If she is capable of doing the same thing in such a situation then im sure there are examples of her doing such which u can show. Its that simple. If u cant do that dont say that she is so skilled and fast SS wont land a hit when u cant show her displaying these skills in physical confrontations to such degrees

You are speaking in hyperbole. I never once said that SS wouldn't be able to land a hit on her now did I? I'm not talking about Flash like level combat speed. That is something that is obviously unique to the Flash. I am merely pointing out that (1) it is obvious that she is fast enough to take on SS in a H2H combat and (2) the examples of her using her bracelets in this manner ARE examples of her combat speed. You and I obviously disagree on what is encompassed in the category of combat speed. If she has to think and move in the same manner, and just as quickly, why would she not be able to do so? Barring evidence to the contrary, I stand behind my view.

Where she gains the advantage is in her MA skill and that would allow her to dodge/block/and land more hits. There is PLENTY of evidence of her skill level. Just take a trip over to her respect thread to find those.

ultimatethor
You are speaking in hyperbole. I never once said that SS wouldn't be able to land a hit on her now did I? I'm not talking about Flash like level combat speed. That is something that is obviously unique to the Flash. I am merely pointing out that (1) it is obvious that she is fast enough to take on SS in a H2H combat and (2) the examples of her using her bracelets in this manner ARE examples of her combat speed. You and I obviously disagree on what is encompassed in the category of combat speed. If she has to think and move in the same manner, and just as quickly, why would she not be able to do so? Barring evidence to the contrary, I stand behind my view.

Where she gains the advantage is in her MA skill and that would allow her to dodge/block/and land more hits. There is PLENTY of evidence of her skill level. Just take a trip over to her respect thread to find those.

Okay i must have mixed u up with fangirl. Because what i was mainly arguing against was the erroneous belief that SS would not be able to land a hit on her as she wud block all of his attacks. I have alrady admitted earlier in this thread that she is certainly superior skillwise and speedwise in H2h. I even said that she would land more hits than him but i based my arguement on Ss durability helping him to overcome her skill and speed advantages.

Now for the next part i have to disagree there. Firstly the examples of her blocking lasers and stuff, while they are good examples and she shud technically be able to do the same in direct combat, her not having examples of doing such in actual physical confrontations takes precedence( hence the reason im asking for examples of her doing so) over rationalizations of what she shud and shud not be able to do.
Using these examples as evidence often leads people into arguing tactics that are inapplicable to wonderwoman. In the past ive heard arguements like wonderwoman wins by hitting the person thousands of times in a second or what not meanwhile she has never come close to doing such a thing on panel. Heck even in this thread some have said that because of wonderwomans hand speed(which she only seems to be able to use to blcok lasers) surfer wont even land a hit. Meanwhile her actual on panel experiences in physical confrontations tell a different strory.
'
I dont dispute that she has an advantage in MA skill and H2H speed. What im disputing is the wrong level to which some people believe her H2H speed advantage is, based on these examples, while her history in actual physical confrontations tells us it is nowhere near this.

Sasaraixx
I agree that trying to extrapolate from feats is dangerous business because it can lead to pointless arguments. I make the cardinal sin here because I think that the examples that we do have from her are so analogous to actual physical fighting speed that it is not much of an assumption to make. Diana has steadily been powered up in recent years (and will continue to be under Simone's pen) and I would not be surprised if we do receive definitive panel evidence in the near future. *crosses fingers*

Back to the topic at hand, assuming that this is purely H2H and SS isn't using his many other abilities, I give the majority to Diana.

ultimatethor
I agree that trying to extrapolate from feats is dangerous business because it can lead to pointless arguments. I make the cardinal sin here because I think that the examples that we do have from her are so analogous to actual physical fighting speed that it is not much of an assumption to make. Diana has steadily been powered up in recent years (and will continue to be under Simone's pen) and I would not be surprised if we do receive definitive panel evidence in the near future. *crosses fingers*

Back to the topic at hand, assuming that this is purely H2H and SS isn't using his many other abilities, I give the majority to Diana.

fair enough. It wud be a really gud fight anyways

The Great Galen

The fight was already beginning to turn agaisnt her, she needed to complete her objective before it got any worst. So yeah essentially as you said all she had was a couple of options, most of which were not viable for the reasons you stated.

The Great Galen
Okay i must have mixed u up with fangirl. Because what i was mainly arguing against was the erroneous belief that SS would not be able to land a hit on her as she wud block all of his attacks. I have alrady admitted earlier in this thread that she is certainly superior skillwise and speedwise in H2h. I even said that she would land more hits than him but i based my arguement on Ss durability helping him to overcome her skill and speed advantages.

Now for the next part i have to disagree there. Firstly the examples of her blocking lasers and stuff, while they are good examples and she shud technically be able to do the same in direct combat, her not having examples of doing such in actual physical confrontations takes precedence( hence the reason im asking for examples of her doing so) over rationalizations of what she shud and shud not be able to do.
Using these examples as evidence often leads people into arguing tactics that are inapplicable to wonderwoman. In the past ive heard arguements like wonderwoman wins by hitting the person thousands of times in a second or what not meanwhile she has never come close to doing such a thing on panel. Heck even in this thread some have said that because of wonderwomans hand speed(which she only seems to be able to use to blcok lasers) surfer wont even land a hit. Meanwhile her actual on panel experiences in physical confrontations tell a different strory.
'
I dont dispute that she has an advantage in MA skill and H2H speed. What im disputing is the wrong level to which some people believe her H2H speed advantage is, based on these examples, while her history in actual physical confrontations tells us it is nowhere near this.

I agree with you, which is why I have asked for direct examples of SS h2h ability and combat speed. Some people have decided to equate other examples of SS avoiding lasers/comets or even his flight speed to determine what he is capable of in a combat situation. The assumption is what bothers me and Untill some examples manifest of SS using superspeed in combat with a competent display of MA skill...there isnt any reason to believe he will be able to land a hit on a character with WW's h2h skill and combat speed.

horrorwolf
Surfer. Cosmic entities>>>>>Diana w Standard gear every time.

It is inevitable.

horrorwolf
I say Surfer takes it in the end, but it'd probably take a while for him to pull it off. He's going to have a tough time dealing with her superior skill but she's going to have an even tougher time causing any actual damage to Norrin. And if he's only barred from using the Power Cosmic for flight and offensive purposes he'll be able to heal any damage she manages to inflict before any substantial amount accumulates. It would probably be comparible to a h2h fight between Spiderman and classic Cyber(except that Surfer's head is protected too).

Pretty much.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>