Majestic vs. Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cavalier
Both get 1 day of prep, and knowledge of each others powers.

They fight on an abandoned Earth.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/100088-93834-mr-majestic_super.jpg

vs.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/981/87144-143796-silver-surfer_large.jpg

DigiMark007
Majestic can't be weakness-ed around like Surfer could do with Superman or Gladiator, or others like them. He's a shade under Supes' total offensive output, but has none of his weaknesses, and is arguably more skilled.

No clue. But it would be a great fight.

Scuzz2.0
Surfer stomps! it doesn't matter if he doesn't have a weakness surfer could exploit! surfer has a huge offensive advantage and is more durable! when amped he can become far stronger! majestic dies in 10 seconds!!!

Cavalier
But Majestros is, IMO, the superior prepper... by far.

kakuzu
Surfer has the ability to sense weaknesses in his opponents. He did this to Gladiator.

As for the statement with Majestic not being able to get weakened is false. When he fought a a amped up Atom man he showed signs of getting tired and hurt. So that was false.

Also Majestic lost to Raven of the Teen Titans. So I think Surfer can take him. However Majestic I think wins this.

Cavalier
Originally posted by kakuzu
Surfer has the ability to sense weaknesses in his opponents. He did this to Gladiator.

As for the statement with Majestic not being able to get weakened is false. When he fought a a amped up Atom man he showed signs of getting tired and hurt. So that was false.

Also Majestic lost to Raven of the Teen Titans. So I think Surfer can take him. However Majestic I think wins this. Wha?

darthgoober

Also Majestic lost to Raven of the Teen Titans. So I think Surfer can take him. However Majestic I think wins this.
Digi didn't mean that Majestic can't be weakened, he meant that Majestic doesn't have any inherent weaknesses built into him way Supes does.

kakuzu
Originally posted by darthgoober
Digi didn't mean that Majestic can't be weakened, he meant that Majestic doesn't have any inherent weaknesses built into him way Supes does.

I see. I wouldn't compare Majestic to Superman however I would do it the other way around. Majestic is Superman but just better really. So to compare Majestic to Superman kind of confused me. Either way Surfer won't try and make radiation to any being who has similar like Superman powers.

Red Hulk
Surfer sense that his weakness is the heat of the sun... shifty

Scuzz2.0
there is no limit to how much surfer would destroy majestic

kakuzu
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Surfer sense that his weakness is the heat of the sun... shifty

Lol that would work but I think Majestic spent a few weeks inside the sun one time.

Cavalier
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
there is no limit to how much surfer would destroy majestic With prep, Majestic wins by quite a bit.

Without prep, he'd probably lose, but could still win some of the time.

Red Hulk
Lol that would work but I think Majestic spent a few weeks inside the sun one time. With a suit I believe...

kakuzu
With a suit I believe...
Lol I think your right.

Also I forgot this involves prep. Thats the case the Majestic might have this.

Is there a Majestic respect thread?

Cavalier
With a suit I believe... No. He altered his body to be even denser... but, to be fair, he was spending weeks straight in there.

Avlon
With prep...Majestic destroys Surfer.

Bouboumaster
That picture of Surfer is simply bad ass

DigiMark007
Lol I think your right.

Also I forgot this involves prep. Thats the case the Majestic might have this.

Is there a Majestic respect thread?

There is, but it's not spectacular.

General stuff:
Yes, Majestros wins with lots of prep. He actually once made a matter manipulator in about 2 fast-moving pages of prep (i.e. a matter of seconds), among other things. And yes, he could throw down with Surfer for a long time in normal mode. Both are legit planet-busters. And when I said he doesn't have Supes' weaknesses, I meant you couldn't drain him of a solar charge, or hit him with K-nite or red sun energy, or magic-based attack or telepathy. For all his power, Kal has some fairly well-documented weaknesses.

So no loophole wins with Majestros. Surfer would have to straight out-fight him. Do-able, but not assured.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Cavalier
No. He altered his body to be even denser... but, to be fair, he was spending weeks straight in there. Meh, I just remembered him wearing a suit... but either way he wasn't the same...

UniOmni
With prep Majestic can likely pull something off, but with Surfer, prep is a shaky thing, just because of what he can do off rip.

And Majestic turned his skin into diamond when he changed the sun.

Surfer vs Majestic mano y mano is Surfers fight to lose, since Majestic isn't as durable as he'd need to be to get it done like that.

Prep....Surfer can open a singularity behind the eye.

No prep, Surfer can blast him into submission.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by UniOmni
No prep, Surfer can blast him into submission.

He'd be taking as much as he'd be dishing out. Like I said, both legit planet-busters. So yeah, he could do this and win some. But he might also lose this way too.

I'd say Surfer's offensive output is > Majestic but his durability before KO is slightly less.

kgkg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He'd be taking as much as he'd be dishing out. Like I said, both legit planet-busters. So yeah, he could do this and win some. But he might also lose this way too.

I'd say Surfer's offensive output is > Majestic but his durability before KO is slightly less. What Majestic best durability feat?

Priest
With prep, Surfer takes the UN from Galactus shifty

Cavalier
Originally posted by DigiMark007
General stuff:
Yes, Majestros wins with lots of prep. He actually once made a matter manipulator in about 2 fast-moving pages of prep (i.e. a matter of seconds) Seconds? He timed it by the nanosecond.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4688/majesticbuilding18drdn0.th.jpghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3388/majesticbuilding25rrcf2.th.jpghttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1824/majesticbuilding38occu2.th.jpg

Ambient
Actually Majestros does have a rad weakness Surfer can exploit and its up in his ally too to produce, Chronal radiation.. Im thinking a day of prep would be enough to amass near infinite supply of energy for him to manipulate into pure chronal.. Still its not a sure beat win against a prep Majestic, the tech this guy can produce in so little time is uncanny.. Surfer 6-7/10 ftw..

Cavalier
Originally posted by Ambient
Actually Majestros does have a rad weakness Surfer can exploit and its up in his ally too to produce, Chronal radiation.. Im thinking a day of prep would be enough to amass near infinite supply of energy for him to manipulate into pure chronal.. Still its not a sure beat win against a prep Majestic, the tech this guy can produce in so little time is uncanny.. Surfer 6-7/10 ftw.. I've never seen Surfer manip chronal radiation before... any proof?

And when Majestic DID get thrashed by chronal radiation, it was only because he was unprotected, and it still took months to actually kill him. He was still at his peak enough to near stalemate Spartan, along with all the other feats he pulled off...

Ambient
I've never seen Surfer manip chronal radiation before... any proof?

And when Majestic DID get thrashed by chronal radiation, it was only because he was unprotected, and it still took months to actually kill him. He was still at his peak enough to near stalemate Spartan, along with all the other feats he pulled off...
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_129_04.jpg

This feat was done by his clone which he made and gave a portion of his powers and himself ( refers to exp.. )

Right it was a good showing against V3 Spartan w/ Void upgrade still the diff. between that fight and well the rest is the constants bombardment of said so energy (speed up chronal poisoning), and any body protection ala armor/forcefield would fall short to matter/energy conversions..

Chronal manipulation can also be used as a bfr tactics for a quick win, an uncharacteristic way for Surfer to win..

Avlon
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_129_04.jpg

This feat was done by his clone which he made and gave a portion of his powers and himself ( refers to exp.. )

Right it was a good showing against V3 Spartan w/ Void upgrade still the diff. between that fight and well the rest is the constants bombardment of said so energy (speed up chronal poisoning), and any body protection ala armor/forcefield would fall short to matter/energy conversions..

Chronal manipulation can also be used as a bfr tactics for a quick win, an uncharacteristic way for Surfer to win..

Links broken dude. mad

Ambient

guy222
surfer

quanchi112
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_129_04.jpg This link is also broken.

psycho gundam
majestic can create a devise that could de-power norrin + his amazing power for 1-x wins.

but if experience carries over in the other 9 fights, it could be different since norrin will see it coming, and recognizing the threat to his life since his opponent can in fact kill him if he gets de-powered, surfer would logically bust out his most devastating attacks for the rest. but since he can create tech and he is very powerful, id say... for now:

majestic 5-6/10 only due to his smarts.

ultimatethor

This one broken too. What comic is it from?

darthgoober
It's cool Roldz I got it...

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3995/silversurferv3129p04qg6.th.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

DigiMark007
I've always been ok with Surfer for the majority (though I've been a Majestic-backer in the thread thus far). Surfer's the class of his division, as it were. One of the few that both defines a tier (along with Superman, I suppose) and provides it with its paragon of power.

But the point was always that it wouldn't be an easy fight. Prep helps Majestic more than Norrin as well. As others have been saying, with prep I'd favor Majestros in an initial confrontation, and by the 3rd/4th one I'd favor Norrin because he could account for the prep stuff. Straight up, it's Norrin's fight to lose. 8/10 imo, but he can be put down by people in his class. Just not often.

Ambient
Awesome Darth..

There you go..

Prep is a big advantage to Maj..

DigiMark007
Is chronal energy really a "weakness" to Maj. like K-nite is to Kal? Or is it simply powerful enough to work on most people at this power level (Surfer himself, it seems, among them)?

Cavalier
Meh... I doubt it's often depicted at the same strength level. It seems to be something of a plot device in two seperate cross-company comics... that's all.

Point being, that we don't really know if Surfer could manipulate the same stuff that killed Majestros.

But, eh... energy manipulators. Maybe. I hate arguing either way on their powersets.

quanchi112
Meh... I doubt it's often depicted at the same strength level. It seems to be something of a plot device in two seperate cross-company comics... that's all.

Point being, that we don't really know if Surfer could manipulate the same stuff that killed Majestros.

But, eh... energy manipulators. Maybe. I hate arguing either way on their powersets. What good reason do you have why he cant manipulate it?

Cavalier
Originally posted by quanchi112
What good reason do you have why he cant manipulate it? That it wasn't shown (iirc) to be tangible, visible waves of energy like our normal comic conception of energy?

It just seemed like an entirely different concept from what's shown in the scans. I really don't even know if he can tap the energy, as Majestic was only pelted with it because he was using specific machines to launch himself through the time.

quanchi112
That it wasn't shown (iirc) to be tangible, visible waves of energy like our normal comic conception of energy?

It just seemed like an entirely different concept from what's shown in the scans. I really don't even know if he can tap the energy, as Majestic was only pelted with it because he was using specific machines to launch himself through the time. Im just saying there are scans it seems of everything out there and I have never seen Surfer fail to tap into something. Its the power cosmic and he can pretty much do almost anything with it in terms of manipulation.

Just sayin.

Like I told you I dont know jack about Majestic at this point but wanted to hear your opinion of why the Surfer could not do this.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by UniOmni
With prep Majestic can likely pull something off, but with Surfer, prep is a shaky thing, just because of what he can do off rip.

And Majestic turned his skin into diamond when he changed the sun.

Surfer vs Majestic mano y mano is Surfers fight to lose, since Majestic isn't as durable as he'd need to be to get it done like that.

Prep....Surfer can open a singularity behind the eye.

No prep, Surfer can blast him into submission. As far as I see it, Majestic's durability is the problem here. It actually took him seven days of sitting inside a transubstantiation tube to transmute his entire body into proto-neutronium to survive working in the sun's core. And let's face it, a star's power isn't even close to having a black hole being opened in his face. But if he can utilize some of that odd equation reality manipulation power of his... he could have a shot.

Superman XX5
bump

Enyalus
Apollo, Majestic, and Superman kill Doomsday:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_DreamWar6003.jpg

With prep, I would think Majestros should take 6-7 out of 10. He uses his intelligence much better. Without that, Surfer 9/10.

Endrict Nuul
With prep Majestic without SS.

complexbrother
I think Surfer could pull a win even with prep.

iceman24567
Majestic with prep wins

Superman XX5
bump

Superman XX5
I'd say Surfer without prep.

SoulDevourer
both have superspeed superstrength & invulnerability without any particular weaknesses

however iirc Majestic's invumnerability is only to "physical" attacks (physical & energy) whereas Silver Surfer also possesses magical invulnerability & can launch magic attacks. in this respect I'd lean toward the Surfer

Superman XX5
lol

Mindset
Surfer knows magic?

Superman XX5
LMAO that guy is dumb.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
both have superspeed superstrength & invulnerability without any particular weaknesses

however iirc Majestic's invumnerability is only to "physical" attacks (physical & energy) whereas Silver Surfer also possesses magical invulnerability & can launch magic attacks. in this respect I'd lean toward the Surfer

Surfer isnt magical in nature.

SoulDevourer
ok ok guyz it's power cosmic whatever (I dunno why I mixed up with Captain Marvel (duh)
my bad

Originally posted by Superman XX5
I'd say Surfer without prep. Originally posted by Superman XX5
lol ? hey make up your fkcn mind will u. first you say SS wins then you say he loses, so which is it ??

ok I change my mind then, Majestic wins ^__^

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Enyalus
Apollo, Majestic, and Superman kill Doomsday:

With prep, I would think Majestros should take 6-7 out of 10. He uses his intelligence much better. Without that, Surfer 9/10. Is that supposed to be a good feat?

Enyalus
Is that supposed to be a good feat?

Naw, I was just attempting to rip off Guy222's trademark. big grin

It was totally irrelevant.

Red Hulk

It was totally irrelevant. Right.

Enyalus
Right.

sad ...Five dorrah?

psycho gundam

It was totally irrelevant. and a half-assed attempt at that *face palm*

it goes:

*name of character* eg. majestic followed by pic(s) of him fighting and doing well.

without any commentary from guy 70% of the time.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and a half-assed attempt at that *face palm*

it goes:

*name of character* eg. majestic followed by pic(s) of him fighting and doing well.

without any commentary from guy 70% of the time.
thumb up

Majestic

psycho gundam
^ see, he gets it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ see, he gets it.

I'm gonna go cry now and play with my dolls in the corner.

Superman XX5
Dude I was just laughing because you said he'd shoot magic at majestic.

Superman XX5
Good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.