If you could re-do the PT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
If you could change any or all of episodes 1-3 what would you change?

I would re-do all 3 movies.

episode one
1.same basic plot as TPM only yoda would be training obi-wan like obi had eluded to at the beginning of ESB.
2.anakins mom would have died during episode.
3. maul wouldn't have died

episode two
1.Palpatine would have used a different pawn in place of dooku to lead the CIS and start the clone wars.
2.anakin and padme would be secretly married towards the begining
3. obi-wan would kill maul towards the beginning
4. Anakin would fall to the darkside the same way (thinkin padme will die in child birth)
5. the end would be Obi-wan and anakin's (now vader) duel putting vader in his suit and taking luke to dagobah with yoda(thats why luke remember dagobah a little bit when he lands there in ESB)
6. padme would live in hiding from vader on alderran.

episode 3
1. clone wars would end
2. the empire would emerge
3. vader would be hunting down and killing all the jedi with the 501st.
4.padme would die and leia would go to bail
5.obi wan would take luke to tattooine
6.the death star would begin construction/or the plans for the death star would be invented. or somethin like that

Enyalus
You do realize that...your episode 3 "changes" are exactly how episode 3 happened?

Lord Knightfa11
In episode 1, anakin would have been aotc anakin; he would have been a teenager.
http://www.comeawayohumanchild.net/SecondHandLions/images/interview01.jpg
This is the kid I would have used.

He would have been a highly force sensetive punk on coruscaunt participitating in illegal street races. When busted, he has his blood tested for death sticks, and they find a midichlorian count of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

the jedi would have seen to his discipline and faced with the alternative of working in the spice mines of kessel, he woul have gladly joined the jedi.

2. He would have been at about the age that he was in episode III. He would be played by http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/02/92/89/image_5289922.jpg
This would center around the begining of the clone wars.
At some point he would get down to the killing of dooku instead of all of those sandmen. this would show incredible power on his part, instead of the lameness we see all the time. It would also alienate padme way less and thus save a considerable story loop.
3. at this point, anakin would be played by http://www.daemonstv.com/images/bbc/richard_armitage_interview.jpg he would be less angst, and after order 66 (and yoda's exile) when padme refused to join him, he would have her placed under house arrest in the name of the empire. Then Obi Wan would rescue her, and she would give birth to her babies on dantooine. After three or four years of hiding on ren var, anakin finds her, and obi wan (who has been living with her this whole time) is even more incriminated with anakins suspicions. The final duel ensues, and in the end, anakin lies with all four limbs left on the ground freezing to death. After The emperor gets defeated by yoda on kashyyk (thats where yoda thought he would be safe), he comes to anakins rescue, unfortunately, all of anakins limbs are dead due to frostbite, and they must amputate. He is also put in a suit, because he is so cold and scarred from the duel and the exposure. yoda escapes to degobah and obi wan makes it to tatooine and the end credits ensue the same way they did in rots.

Gideon
Personally, I find the occurances of The Phantom Menace to be the product of the Expanded Universe's biggest problem: minimalism. Though we like to credit Karen Traviss and Timothy Zahn with it, Mr. Lucas has interlaced his saga with minimalist proportions for a tragicomedy that is supposed to be set on a galactic scale. Though the events of the plot are cogent enough, I have a hard time believing or accepting the idea that the extraordinarily brief horrors of one backwater planet would be enough to be the focus of an entire movie. Yes, I realize all too well that it was basically a set up to introduce Anakin and elevate Palpatine to the status of Chancellor, but that's it. I can understand this story being the personal tale of Skywalker and, in the big picture, Palpatine's rise to power, but the entire movie shouldn't be a basic set up for just that. For example, in Revenge of the Sith, we had enough action and conflicts of other characters to deal with, numerous battles on numerous planets. That is what Star Wars should be about: the trials and tribulations of multiple characters in multiple theaters all working to drive the plot of the larger characters; it needs more background noise, in essence. The Phantom Menace lacked that, big time. And the pod racing, Jesus Christ, for a superscene that was designed to depict groundbreaking special effects, I was unmoved. I have only watched that scene in its entirety once, I believe. Everything should have a purpose to the narrative.

So, to that end:

a.) My first suggestion would be to have the first movie take place when Skywalker was a teenager or young adult, akin to when we were first introduced to Luke Skywalker. Perhaps we could have flashbacks of his discovery by the Jedi and his enslavement, but nothing to focus the entire exposition of a movie about. Though his background is important, his future is far moreso.

b.) No Naboo. Or if you're absolutely determined to keep it in, don't make it the center focus of the entire first movie. It's farfetched that Palpatine could springboard to ascendance based off of the whining of one misbegotten planet. Design a better springboard for him to leap off of.

c.) No Maul. Honestly, I like the idea of Sidious's silent and unstoppable minion, but he wasn't necessary at all. For all intents and purposes, his position as the assassin of Sidious's potential rivals and enemies was undefined in the movies, so he is not necessary. Bring in Count Dooku much earlier, perhaps in the twilight of his Jedi career, or before he was seduced by the Emperor, or in the process of. For an interesting character who is very essential (a Jedi dynasty of sorts between him, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin is very deep, in my opinion), he needs more screentime.

d.) General Grievous, as written by Matthew Stover, is a more badass character than anyone this side of Gilad Pellaeon, Turr Phennir, or Moff Tarkin. Use the movies to flesh out his tactical brilliance and his proficiency in dueling.

e.) Keep Qui-Gon Jinn. Liam Neeson is amazing. Perhaps he can die in the first or second movie, but his presence can be still used as the guiding focus between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Since Qui-Gon outranks Obi-Wan, we could keep the rapport between him and Anakin, and Qui-Gon would be a great excuse for Anakin to model himself off of: reckless and all that, instead of spontaneously being an ass like he is in Episode II. Perhaps Dooku could kill him as a test by the Emperor?

f.) NO MINIMALISM. Make it clear that the Republic vs. Separatist movement takes place in a galaxy with millions of worlds with tens of thousands of ships. We might not have the budget to see them all, but make it obvious. Clone Army must constitute billions of soldiers.

g.) Place Jedi in a healthy light. These guys are reputed to be demi-gods. We don't need you to wankify their feats, but cement their reputation as feared warriors by the opposition that only great numbers of the strongest enemies can face.

h.) No droids. Based on early EU, the Clone Wars were intended to be clone on clone warfare, used by both sides. Clones versus machines really don't add that humanizing light to the Separatists. Lucas states in the opening crawl of Episode III that "heroes are on both sides." The Confederacy, as a whole, should be no more or less evil than the Republic. Their soldiers should be flesh and blood as well, to remove the feeling that they are all unambiguously evil. It was a popular movement for a reason.

i.) Tarkin, Pellaeon, Sate Pestage. Those are major EU characters who need movie time. Mas Amedda and Sly Moore? Not so much.

j.) Skywalker is the main character. Get an actor who can actually... um... act.

k.) No half-assed ideas. Such as Palpatine's disfigurement. Even as Episode II commences, we see Palpatine slowly being aged and withered by the dark side. The idea that Windu's electrocution somehow "ruined" his mask is ridiculous, nor is it clear cut for anyone who doesn't bury themselves in EU.

l.) George Lucas can supervise and direct the storytelling and narrative. But in no uncertain terms is he to direct or write the script.

That is all for now.

Lt. Valerian
Honestly, I agree with you in all your points.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Honestly, I agree with you in all your points.

You rightly fear my wrath.

I mean, honestly, the Clone Wars need six times the coverage than what they actually got. Lucas realized he ****ed up and tried to cram eight billion battles in the twilight of the war (in the real time span of five minutes).

Lt. Valerian
Well... Yes, but Lucas focused especially on the battles in which Skywalker and the other main characters were involved in. The Jedi Order, as everyone knows, consists of thousands. Of course there were a thousand other battles which we did not even get a glimpse at, and even though it may not seem so, many other 'secondary' Jedi were instrumental during the war. But you already know that, so, I'm just talking to myself here.

Lord Knightfa11
nobody likes my Ideas? sad i thought it was rather good. much like a pt "infinities"

Jbill311
I liked your Ideas. A lot. Gideon's post was longer though, so if you give up all your free time, someday you can be him. smile eek!

Gideon
Originally posted by Jbill311
I liked your Ideas. A lot. Gideon's post was longer though, so if you give up all your free time, someday you can be him. smile eek!

I'm not sure if that's a compliment to me or not...

Lt. Valerian
I don't think so...

BruceSkywalker
I wouldn't change a thing except the script

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I wouldn't change a thing except the script that would be changing a lot...

I personally would like to see more of mechanical Darth Vader kicking ass and more giant ships blowing each other to pieces. More brilliance from generals, and a MUCH bigger galaxy. I agree completely with Gideon, they make the galaxy seem very very small. But what made the original movies so great, in my opinion, was darth vader and the emperor, the traditional "evil-doers", the most evil of the most evil. They were both great. And the huge demonstrations of power: giant battle station destroying planets, huge armadas assembled in space, evil looking ships with the power to turn whole cities into rubble, that stuff. The PT didn't have any of that.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
that would be changing a lot...

Really? stick out tongue

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon

e.) Keep Qui-Gon Jinn. Liam Neeson is amazing.WURD.

Keeping them as a secondary force would make sense.

Christensen did good things in pieces of RotS. He's demonstrated solid acting chops in other works, and while it's certainly partially his fault, GL's writing isn't exactly great.

Srsly.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
WURD.

Well, if you agree, then I disagree.

No.

It seems apparent that the original intent was to pit clones against clones, creating human lives solely for the purpose of killing each other and themselves, hence the horror that Leia Organa Solo and the others express when Grand Admiral Thrawn captures the Emperor's Spaarti clone cylinders from Wayland. Having droids in support roles? Sure.

Like the scene where he confronts Windu about the Chancellor's identity? Holy ****. In the novelization, he's reduced to tears and gibberish. In the movie, it's wooden. Completely wooden. Like a talking ****ing tree. Like my crotch in the morning.

I disagree, now.

Tangible God
Personally, I find the occurances of The Phantom Menace to be the product of the Expanded Universe's biggest problem: minimalism. Though we like to credit Karen Traviss and Timothy Zahn with it, Mr. Lucas has interlaced his saga with minimalist proportions for a tragicomedy that is supposed to be set on a galactic scale. Though the events of the plot are cogent enough, I have a hard time believing or accepting the idea that the extraordinarily brief horrors of one backwater planet would be enough to be the focus of an entire movie. Yes, I realize all too well that it was basically a set up to introduce Anakin and elevate Palpatine to the status of Chancellor, but that's it. I can understand this story being the personal tale of Skywalker and, in the big picture, Palpatine's rise to power, but the entire movie shouldn't be a basic set up for just that. For example, in Revenge of the Sith, we had enough action and conflicts of other characters to deal with, numerous battles on numerous planets. That is what Star Wars should be about: the trials and tribulations of multiple characters in multiple theaters all working to drive the plot of the larger characters; it needs more background noise, in essence. The Phantom Menace lacked that, big time. And the pod racing, Jesus Christ, for a superscene that was designed to depict groundbreaking special effects, I was unmoved. I have only watched that scene in its entirety once, I believe. Everything should have a purpose to the narrative.

So, to that end:

a.) My first suggestion would be to have the first movie take place when Skywalker was a teenager or young adult, akin to when we were first introduced to Luke Skywalker. Perhaps we could have flashbacks of his discovery by the Jedi and his enslavement, but nothing to focus the entire exposition of a movie about. Though his background is important, his future is far moreso.

b.) No Naboo. Or if you're absolutely determined to keep it in, don't make it the center focus of the entire first movie. It's farfetched that Palpatine could springboard to ascendance based off of the whining of one misbegotten planet. Design a better springboard for him to leap off of.

c.) No Maul. Honestly, I like the idea of Sidious's silent and unstoppable minion, but he wasn't necessary at all. For all intents and purposes, his position as the assassin of Sidious's potential rivals and enemies was undefined in the movies, so he is not necessary. Bring in Count Dooku much earlier, perhaps in the twilight of his Jedi career, or before he was seduced by the Emperor, or in the process of. For an interesting character who is very essential (a Jedi dynasty of sorts between him, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin is very deep, in my opinion), he needs more screentime.

d.) General Grievous, as written by Matthew Stover, is a more badass character than anyone this side of Gilad Pellaeon, Turr Phennir, or Moff Tarkin. Use the movies to flesh out his tactical brilliance and his proficiency in dueling.

e.) Keep Qui-Gon Jinn. Liam Neeson is amazing. Perhaps he can die in the first or second movie, but his presence can be still used as the guiding focus between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Since Qui-Gon outranks Obi-Wan, we could keep the rapport between him and Anakin, and Qui-Gon would be a great excuse for Anakin to model himself off of: reckless and all that, instead of spontaneously being an ass like he is in Episode II. Perhaps Dooku could kill him as a test by the Emperor?

f.) NO MINIMALISM. Make it clear that the Republic vs. Separatist movement takes place in a galaxy with millions of worlds with tens of thousands of ships. We might not have the budget to see them all, but make it obvious. Clone Army must constitute billions of soldiers.

g.) Place Jedi in a healthy light. These guys are reputed to be demi-gods. We don't need you to wankify their feats, but cement their reputation as feared warriors by the opposition that only great numbers of the strongest enemies can face.

h.) No droids. Based on early EU, the Clone Wars were intended to be clone on clone warfare, used by both sides. Clones versus machines really don't add that humanizing light to the Separatists. Lucas states in the opening crawl of Episode III that "heroes are on both sides." The Confederacy, as a whole, should be no more or less evil than the Republic. Their soldiers should be flesh and blood as well, to remove the feeling that they are all unambiguously evil. It was a popular movement for a reason.

i.) Tarkin, Pellaeon, Sate Pestage. Those are major EU characters who need movie time. Mas Amedda and Sly Moore? Not so much.

j.) Skywalker is the main character. Get an actor who can actually... um... act.

k.) No half-assed ideas. Such as Palpatine's disfigurement. Even as Episode II commences, we see Palpatine slowly being aged and withered by the dark side. The idea that Windu's electrocution somehow "ruined" his mask is ridiculous, nor is it clear cut for anyone who doesn't bury themselves in EU.

l.) George Lucas can supervise and direct the storytelling and narrative. But in no uncertain terms is he to direct or write the script.

That is all for now. Very... very, well said.

I'd like to propose that it be a disillusioned Qui-Gon who places the order for a clone army (or something) instead of the random existence of Mr. Ambiguous himself, Sifo-Dyas.

Tangible God
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
episode 3
1. clone wars would end
2. the empire would emerge
3. vader would be hunting down and killing all the jedi with the 501st.
4.padme would die and leia would go to bail
5.obi wan would take luke to tattooine
6.the death star would begin construction/or the plans for the death star would be invented. or somethin like that Have you ever even watched Revenge of the Sith? You just outlined the basic premise of the movie.

Gideon
Very nice idea.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Tangible God
Have you ever even watched Revenge of the Sith? You just outlined the basic premise of the movie.

thats funny i honestly just thought up this thread and posted what i thought in like 15 minutes. I guess i just was relying on the changes i made in episodes one and two to be obvious that it would change episode three but what ended up happening is i just summarized it.

man do i feel sheepish.

Lord Knightfa11
a.) My first suggestion would be to have the first movie take place when Skywalker was a teenager or young adult, akin to when we were first introduced to Luke Skywalker. Perhaps we could have flashbacks of his discovery by the Jedi and his enslavement, but nothing to focus the entire exposition of a movie about. Though his background is important, his future is far moreso. I like my idea of him being a rebel street racer a little better, but if you wanted to keep george lucas's story intact while making it somewhat better, this would be the way to go.

Yes, maybe the actual start of the CIS's rise to power for instance?

I would like to have maul be anakin's first kill, and really what marks him as prodigious. Instead we see anakin get his ass kicked in 2 fights and only win one.

Ya, from the movie we got "grievous is a coward, he will run and hide" and he got curbstomped by one jedi >.> when he had taken on four at a time. I would have liked to see him use each saber individually, which i expected when i sat down to watch the movie.

Replace mace with qui gon jinn. Same character, just different actor and name.

/agree. Millions is way to small, which is what she said in aotc.

/agree.

I agree with the tarkin thing, but i am not sure who the rest are >.<

Or some descent writing. writing is what made heath ledger's role as the joker so epic. Acting... Not as much. they gave him natural lines.

Ya. that was retarded. Emerald judgement didn't make luke look like a zombie, why should basic rots lightning?

or he should get a team of professional writers and actually LISTEN to their advice.

Lord Knightfa11

Darth Angel
Lord Knightfa11, I mean, come on lol

He PHONES him? At least makes him contact anakin with the force lol.

Also, If anakin was that powerfull already, being able to kill EVERYONE in the jedi temple, being stronger then the emperor, then why wouldn't he kill the emperor himself and take his place? Also, how would obi-wan be able to beat him if he was that powerful (the guy single handed killed tons of jedis after all...)? Also, it was clearly stated in ANH that anakin never reached the rank of master, so he souldn't surpass the rank of jedi knight before his fall to the dark side.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Darth Angel
Lord Knightfa11, I mean, come on lol

He PHONES him? At least makes him contact anakin with the force lol.
idk i kinda liked the idea of.... NO NO YOU WILL DIE!! *pulls out his sidekick and texts anakin*
Actually i was overpowering him based on the fact that at this point its a older, more experienced "In teh zone1!11one" anakin. Also all of the strongest jedi are away at war. the best jedi he would have to fight would be windu. the rest would probably be cake for even George Lucas's anakin... His power and saber skills before his fall would rival those of mace windu, and he doesnt want to just kill the emperor, as this would be his strongest opponent, and he doesnt want to be fighting the emperor and have the jedi, (cis, dooku (etc)) walk in... He wants to take out all of the jedi, all of the cis, then go and take out sideous. And there is also the question of "I am the one who can save the one you love. in my version, palpatine elaborates that he studied under griegor the wise, and thus anakin has the impression that he already knows something about force heal, so he doesn't want to kill him until he gleans such vital information. He also wants to get padme, explain to her wtf is going on (etc.) there are alot of reasons that he doesn't want to kill the emperor yet.

And yet again,

it does? where? I was not aware of such >.>

Oh, and the thing of obi wan beating him, most people here hold the opinion that obi wan's superior form III fighting style kept anakin's power at bay until he made the fatal mistake. Even a superlatatively empowered anakin isn't going to get through his defenses, and my anakin is still overconfident enough to try and jump over obi wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.