Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nanami_XIV
Well, I don't know if I'll see any of these..but I'm sure many of you are happy! big grin

Any Alice in Wonderland Fans? Depp will also be playing the Mad Hatter in Burton's take on Alice in Wonderland.

"LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Superstar actor Johnny Depp has signed on to three new Disney projects, including the fourth installment of the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, the entertainment industry newspaper Variety confirmed Thursday.

If this wasn't enough for the 45-year-old actor, Depp will also play the Mad Hatter in director Tim Burton's adaptation of the classic "Alice in Wonderland," using a mix of 3D animation and performance capture technology similar to that used for 2007's "Beowulf."

The "Pirates 4" confirmation arrived early Thursday through the actor's representatives in Variety."

IheartPocky
Originally posted by Nanami_XIV
Well, I don't know if I'll see any of these..but I'm sure many of you are happy! big grin

I find you to be a very negative person, Nanami. haha!

ANYHOO!

Ew, like Beowolf? Weird. I don't like that. That stuff is too much like a video game. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to watch a movie. I want to see Johnny's skin, mmkay? blech!

The P4 confirmation still isn't real in my head. I just don't believe it. It is quite certain though, isn't it? Blaahhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'm happy.

WE'LL SEE!!!!! eek!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by IheartPocky

ANYHOO!

Ew, like Beowolf? Weird. I don't like that. That stuff is too much like a video game. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to watch a movie. I want to see Johnny's skin, mmkay? blech!

The P4 confirmation still isn't real in my head. I just don't believe it. It is quite certain though, isn't it? Blaahhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'm happy.

WE'LL SEE!!!!! eek!

OH DITTO. I wasn't so fond of Beowulf either, I like real people better.

P4, happy for it, and really bummed at the same time. I'm just not sure how it would turn out! But trusting Johnny, it'll work out because.. well, it's johnny, and he'll only get good stuff. although, i totally hope it ain't gonna be as bad as IJ 4..

IheartPocky
UGH IJ4 was soooooooooooooooooooo bad. I hope it isnt like that either.

Tramps Lady
P4 is confirmed, its in the Herald Sun today, my dad showed me and i screamed alot alot:P

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, but I hope that they don't ruin it!!!

Nanami_XIV

Been called negative before. XD But I'm just a down to earth type person that doesn't like to joke around alot. smile

But I'll see PotC 4 if I think the trailer is good..If it's just about Jack though,I may not see it..yes,Jack is amazing and all..but still. Wouldn't really be a story line if it was just him.

PirateDiva
Traaaaamps!!!! So good to see ya!! Jumpy eek! OMG!!! Even if Pirates 4 turns out to suck....im just excited that the news is bringing ppl back!! That alone makes my heart burst with Joy!! big grin

Capt. Jack!!! Omg...i aint gonna lie...im excited!!! Like Johnny...im not ready to let go of Capt. Jack!!!

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Traaaaamps!!!! So good to see ya!! Jumpy eek! OMG!!! Even if Pirates 4 turns out to suck....im just excited that the news is bringing ppl back!! That alone makes my heart burst with Joy!! big grin

Capt. Jack!!! Omg...i aint gonna lie...im excited!!! Like Johnny...im not ready to let go of Capt. Jack!!!

LOL, I didn't think ya missed me that much:P i come on every now and then, but the forums are so quiet nowadays, but pirates 4 should bring everyone backsmile

The article's on my wall now. although, as much as I want a pirates 4, i kind of think it will ruin it. unless they stick with the "fountain of youth" storyline, otherwise, i don't know where it will go and how they will get to the end of it.
It's all really interesting in a way, because you wonder - "should they make another pirates?" - "will it ruin the franchise?" - "what storyline will they use?" - "Will they go 'fountain of youth'?" - "What about the other characters? Are they returning?" How does everyone else feel about this?
Firstly, I am just plain excited and can't wait to see if it is official or even if they do make it at all - and i just want it to come out - Secondly, I feel excited but like this whole post is mainly about, i feel it could ruin the movie for me.

Has anyone at all thought that its so exciting they're most probably going to make a new pirates? Or that its going to suck? Most likely not. Most people i have seen are exactly like me, excited, yet concerned.What about the characters? Will any of them reprise their roles? Does anyone feel concerned about this if they do make a new one (besides those Will fans wink). This is yet another reason I feel that it won't succeed, basically, because since 2003, we've learnt to live with the Will and Elizabeth ship, although some of us never wanted that to happen. We first saw Keira in Bend it Like Beckham, and since 2003 when COTBP came out, we've seen Keira grow up and become a lovely young lady (I know I'm only 14, but hey). And Orlando, too, we have seen grow up, and we are used to Pirates having these two wonderful people, Geoffery Rush, too.

What if they don't reprise their roles? I'm almost certain Geoffery Rush will, but having no lead woman or no Will? Where's the point in that? Because that's what we've learnt to love and we've lived through it for 5-6 years, we've fantasised, we've been obsessed, with what? Johnny Depp? Captain Jack Sparrow? Most people may think they are obsessed with these two in the movie franchise, but yet, they are wrong, the three people who we have not yet seen have confirmed, have made Captain Sparrow what he is.

Okay, enough of my rambling, this is probably the longest post I've written in my time here, unless its an RP. So, what do people think on this?

IheartPocky
My thoughts! The movie should be no more than 2 and a half hours. A new HOT male should be cast. Also, a female. Perhaps. Not a Jack love interest though. I don't know. I think it would seem a little too fan fiction to me. Although, I do love the idea of Kate Beckinsale in the movie.

They need to take their time and not rush things like they did with the other sequels. No filming until the script is complete and revised and revised haha

To Freedom
An all-male movie would be too boring!! After all, bodice-ripping scenes are common in pirate stories so a female should also helm the movie. A female pirate in the lovely form of Kate Beckinsale would add an interesting tension. We're not talking about good girl-gone-bad Lizzy-type pirate wannabe but a real, tough-talking, bitchy and sly female pirate. And please, no Angelina Jolie.

I would want a really tight script and the special effects stuff should not overshadow it. I'm looking forward to more back stories about Jack and Barbossa. I also hope there's referencing to POTC 1, 2 and 3 with Jack thinking of Lizzy. I would hate it if POTC 4 is a standalone movie with no relation to 1, 2 and 3.

IheartPocky
Yeah, I just don't like the thought of Jack and some new girl! big grin No romance!!!! I'm all for tension though, I suppose. I just keep thinking it will end up like some teenage girls fanfiction story. It probably won't but that's all that keeps popping in my head.

siriuswriter
Mad Hatter? YESSSSSS! *pictures Willy Wonka only with bigger hat.*

Pirates four? uggh. isn't the trilogy over already?

IheartPocky
zomg Its Sirius. HI! stick out tongue

I think Tim Burton needs another friend. He uses Johnny in movies too much.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
..............I DO HOPE IT'S GONNA BE ABOUT FOY. but it SHOULD'NT go as far as something geting Sci-fi-ish. that's what happened to IJ4 and i HATED THAT.

OH NOES, guys, there are rumours about NT3 would be about the FOY too... THAT CAN'T BE! I want the NT team go after another AWESOME treasure and Captain J after teh FOY!

IheartPocky
oh my Well Ted and terry are writers and stuff for both movies so that shouldn't happen. Maybe. big grin

siriuswriter
zomg Its Sirius. HI! stick out tongue

I think Tim Burton needs another friend. He uses Johnny in movies too much.

Hoy there! big grin big grin

Well Burton could always use Helena Bonha...

wait.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Hoy there! big grin big grin

Well Burton could always use Helena Bonha...

wait.

lol! stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
It's been announced... Based on Jack Sparrow with no Orlando Bloom and No Keira. I'd write more, but I'm bloody tired right now.

Discuss..

vincent

moviebuff1084
WHY!?!?!?

Mairuzu
1 was enough

and btw

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t493624.html

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
WHY!?!?!?

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!

Studios: "Let's continue to rape the film industry and take advantage of teeny bopper obsessions!"

sick

Wolfie
Being Disney, this doesn't surprise me.

But I think the third one left it at a good spot. It wrapped up all three movies quite nicely which is rare in trilogies.

Usually, trilogies are made for the sake of having the nice "trilogy" title to it. Like making a series of three makes it a prestigious series. And in those, typically the first one is a nice rounded movie, the second leaves it open-ended, and the third is more of a sequel to the second than a third chapter.

POTC had those elements in it, but I found the end of Davey Jones's locker and Barbossa reclaiming the Black Pearl gave a nice ending to the entire trilogy.

If anything, the next POTC should be a Jack Sparrow spinoff, like what X-Men is doing with Wolverine.

Rogue Jedi
Man this is BULLSHIT.

Kazenji
Whats wrong with a 4th one ?

They had plans for more long before the third movie come out.

T.M
Hated the 1st, didn't see 2nd or 3rd, won't watch 4th.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Mairuzu
1 was enough

and btw

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t493624.html

ragesRemorse
no knightliness, pfft there is no point for me to get interested then.

Rogue Jedi
Leave POTC alone man.

Dark-Jaxx
The fact that it revolves around Captain Jack Sparrow is enough for me.

The first POTC CHANGED MY LIFE. no expression

chillmeistergen
Every one since the first one have been utter shit. The first wasn't great, either.

Robtard
I concur with the Englishman.

H. S. 6
I thoroughly enjoyed the first, thought the second was "meh," and thought the third was shit.

According to this pattern, the fourth should fall somewhere between "shit" and "painful-to-watch."

ragesRemorse
I too feel that they should leave this series alone. The last movie, although forty minutes to long, achieved a good ending for a decent series. I can see reason to make a jack sparrow spin off movie. His character is fun and the actor is credible but they should give it another five years before picking up again.

MildPossession
Saw the first one when it came out, didn't think it was anything special and therefore haven't gone near the others yet...

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

The first POTC CHANGED MY LIFE. no expression

Ummm, why? Did you become a Pirate?

WrathfulDwarf
Right after they finish with the fourth installment there will be a fifth film.

Pirates of The Caribbean 5: Space Pirates from the Galaxy Beyond The Realm of the Senses.

Jack Sparrow fights Aliens.

(Why not? they did it with Indiana Jones....)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Pirates of The Caribbean 5: Space Pirates from the Galaxy Beyond The Realm of the Senses.

see, that actually sounds good though.

filmart
I went cause people dragged me. I don't know what or why I didn't have the interest. Can't really put my finger on it. Just rather watch a horror movie and I don't like them at all. X-files was good. BUT it was a thinking movie not a horror movie.

Bwa Ha Ha
TIM BURTON and SACHA BARON COHEN rumors! Look:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0056187/news

AudioHeart
I do hope they pull through with Pirates 4, but I wonder what'll happen next...

Bwa Ha Ha
If it's successful, they'll keep makin' them, Rocky style.

ibd4eva
uugghhh never compare pirates to rocky.

Tramps Lady
well.. technically... she never compared Pirates to Rocky... she just said that if it is successful, they would do what the people of Rocky did... :P

Bwa Ha Ha
YAY I HAZ A DEFENSE!

stick out tongue

Tramps Lady
defense to the rescue!! wink

Bwa Ha Ha
YAY I HAZ A DEFENSE!

ibd4eva
YAY I HAZ...........people ganging up on me..........*holds up white flag*

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

You ALMOST quoted RvB right then....

ibd4eva
Oooohhh boy....FIND!!

Bwa Ha Ha
"I think I FOUND something!"

Tramps Lady
That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.

PirateofOslo
Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders.

Tramps Lady
What the HELL if a Hufflepuff?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
hufflepuffs - one of the.. um. groups? sections? that thing in HP - with the gryffindors and the slytherins and the ravenclaws...

oh! HOUSES!

Tramps Lady
I know what a Hufflepuff is :P
I was quoting smile

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL That was EPIC.

RvB quote, then AVPM ones, and someone helping out.

ninja

PirateofOslo
And what purpose do you have on Mars?

ibd4eva
Well, let's just say, pigfarts, pigfarts here I come! Pigfarts, pigfarts, yum yum yum!

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

ibd4eva
WELSH GREENBACKS CANT STAND THE TASTE OF HUNTS TOMATO KETCHUP!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
"But I'm not fighting a Welsh Greenback, I'm fighting a Hungarian Hoirntail."

Tramps Lady
i finished watching it!!! hehe big grin

ibd4eva
oh, well silly me! hunts tomato ketchup is what hungarian horntails love best of all!

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

So, what did ya' think?!?

"If this home-made Dark Mark won't convince you...."

Tramps Lady
hahah

it was totally awesome!!

Bwa Ha Ha
W00T!

Favorite song/character/joke/line/pairing/scene change?

Tramps Lady
Favorite song: The Dumbledore's Army one

Character: Ron and Draco

Joke: Not sure about this one; maybe Draco rolling on the floor?... or the totally awesome lines... I dunno.

Line: I dont know... but if I had to choose one straight away... i would reluctantly (becoz its a hard decision) say "What the HELL is a Hufflepuff?"

Pairing: Snape and Dumbledore wink

Scene change: I dunno, man.

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL

For me, it's:

Song: I dunno.... I love 'Voldemort Is Going Down', but I catch myself singing 'Get Back To Hogwarts' and 'Granger Danger' throughout the day....

Character: Draco

Joke: The rolling on floor thing, definately.

Line: It's SO HARD to choose one, but off the top o' my head, it's 'If this homemade Dark Mark won't convince you....'

Scene Change: It was kinda cool how they did the return to the Yule Ball after graveyard thing.... And of course the epic 'Floo Powder Power, Floo Powder Power' thing.

ibd4eva
Hmm now I wanna do this. *might take 40 years to decide. please wait.*
........................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................
*40 years later*

Favorite song: Cho Chang (unedited version sung to Cho stick out tongue) and Goin' Back

Character: Harry and Draco smile...and Quirrell....dang it...

Joke: I'd have to go with Draco rolling around also. its just pure genius.

Line: AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Too hard!! mine is from the unedited version. (well one of them is.) It's after Harry sings the Cho song to Ginny after he says "...in my immediate group of friends. And if this song is as awesome as I KNOW it is, *in sing song voice* she's gonna have to make some room in those robes of heerrrss! *Ginny cringes*....if you get what I'm saying, cause it's an innuendo.*cringes more* I wanna have sex with her. *more cringing*...or at least get an hj...*aaannnd cue Everybody Loves Raymond music and Ron's entrance*" so dirty, yet so good...

Pairing: Quirrellmort forever <3

Scene change: I love the portkey transfers, especially the first one cause there are people in the background screaming "PORTKEY! PORTKEY! PORTKEY!!"

PirateofOslo
Maaaan I can't choose! But I'll try...

Song: Missing you, Not Alone, V is going down, Goin' back, Dance again... lol, and the rest.....

Character: Cedric big grin

Joke: FIND! and "Am I bleeding??"

Line: That one's so hard! Off the top of my head; "I can't GO to Pigfarts. It's on MARS!" and the rest of it, like on Bwa's avvie smile ooh, and "I am the boy who lived, not DIED..." and "Quirrel... Maaan... LISTEN!" There are too many!! I could go on forever!

Pairing: Harry/Zefron smilesmile teehee, and Quirrelmort ofcourse

Scene change: FLOO POWDER POWER

ibd4eva
Ohh man I change my mind. I think FIND is my favorite joke!

PirateofOslo
How can you not love Cedric.. smile Harry, I think I FOUND something!

Bwa Ha Ha
>.<

I forgot pairing....

Hmmmm....

Well, I can honestly say that I thought Draco/Hermione was cute for the first time in my life, but Quirrelmort is EPIC WIN.

This should be a new internet meme.

Bwa Ha Ha
ON-TOPIC

From Entertainment Weekly:

"A longtime Disney chief leaves. What does it mean for the future of the studio-- and for Pirates of the Caribbean 4?"

....Both the film's producer, Bruckheimer, and its star, Johnny Depp, have made it clear how dissapointed they are over Cook's departure. Depp told the L. A. Times, "There's a fissure, a crack in my enthusiasm," for returning to the role of Jack Sparrow.....

Tramps Lady
WHAT!??!?

Bwa Ha Ha
Mhmm.

Tramps Lady
uhuh.... wink

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

Tramps Lady
hahahaha

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

ibd4eva
yeeaaahhh this whole "Pirates 4 isn't gonna happen" this isn't flying with me. If it does, I'm gathering up the kmc girls and were gonna go all DMC Bloopers on them. It will happen.

Tramps Lady

PirateofOslo
WOW.

My heart just skipped a beat.

Could he be any more awesome?

Bwa Ha Ha
XD That TOTALLY (awesome) SUCKS.

I should draw that: Her waking up and people being like, "Johnny Depp gave ya' CPR but you kinda were unconscious through it." And her being like: *.* Then: -_- And then: O\/O

ibd4eva
Ahh I wouldve been SO pissed if I missed that!

Bwa Ha Ha
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.