Mace Windu (ROTS) Vs Kyle Katarn (NJO)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who wins here?

1.Saber
2.Force
3.All out

Location-Palpatine's office

Enyalus
1. Sabers, Mace - 6/10.
2. Force, Kyle - 6-7/10.
3. All Out, Split - 5/10.

I know, the all out score's so melodramatic. But I think they're too well evenly matched.

Jbill311
Care to share some of Kyle's feats? I don't have much on him. I'll be happy to play the part of a Windu Fanboy.

Janus Marius
Wait, is this Kyle "I learned to be a Jedi overnight" Katarn versus Mace "I mutha****in' made mah own lightsaber style and has teh shatterpoint" Windu fighting?

I vote on the bookie. That guy wins this round.

Tangible God
I'd call JK Kyle the "overnight" one. By NJO, apparently he's good. Good.

Janus Marius
Yeah, but by NJO good is relative to the era. No matter how many Vong he kills, or how many snot-nosed brats he's trained, he's still a younger, less educated master than Mace Windu. Mace, in particular, sports the Shatterpoint ability and an array of completely lost fighting styles at his disposal.

Tangible God
I'm mostly judging by Kyle's relation to Luke at the time. I've heard the Battlemaster is the one left in charge while Luke's away on a merry romp. That and some quote or another placing Kyle on the top tier. Don't get me wrong though, I don't like the idea of any NJO Jedi sans Luke being able to defeat Mace.

Janus Marius
Luke for sure. He's even got Shatterpoint now, if I'm not mistaken. I can't think of anyone else, but then I tend to treat NJO like it's radioactive.

Kudos to anyone who can shed some light on Kyle's abilities.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Tangible God
I'm mostly judging by Kyle's relation to Luke at the time. I've heard the Battlemaster is the one left in charge while Luke's away on a merry romp. That and some quote or another placing Kyle on the top tier. Don't get me wrong though, I don't like the idea of any NJO Jedi sans Luke being able to defeat Mace.

Actually im pretty sure Corran Horn is in charge when Luke is away.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Actually im pretty sure Corran Horn is in charge when Luke is away. You sure? I think Gideon or Lightsnake said Kyle.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Tangible God
You sure? I think Gideon or Lightsnake said Kyle.

Well i know that in DN Cal Omas appoints Corran the temporary leader while Luke is at one of the nests(he only appoints him to cause a devide in the order though). I thought i remember Corran being in charge in LOTF after Mara was killed and Luke was too grief-stricken to act on anything.

"When Jade Skywalker, who was tracking Lumiya, went missing, there was concern; when Luke Skywalker sensed her death in the Force, there was an outpouring of grief. Skywalker was in the Hapes Cluster tracking her; distraught, he handed over control of the Council to Horn."
Thats only from wookipedia, i know its not the best source, but i dont want to read through the book again.

Tangible God
Yeah that's in charge. I meant Kyle as a babysitter. Like Shaak Ti's position in the PT.

truejedi
i said kyle awhile back, but it was a slip, i caught it the next day. It is horn. srry bout that. Kyle's great, sure, but on Mace's Level? i dunno about that. I think Kyp Durron would give mace a pretty good fight.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Luke for sure. He's even got Shatterpoint now, if I'm not mistaken. I can't think of anyone else, but then I tend to treat NJO like it's radioactive.

Skywalker and Jacen Solo both possess affinity for the shatterpoint charism according to Invincible. And I think Luke teaches it to Jaina, right?

Well, as Advent is fond of pointing out, he kicked the shit out of seven of the Empire's most dangerous and highly trained Dark Jedi when he was an "overnight" Jedi. You might have to face her wrath on this one, Janus. Tread lightly.

truejedi
i don't know what kyle actually accomplishes in NJO though. Anyone want to name any feats SINCE JK and JA? I wish there was more, I love his character, and i could be nudged into hardcore fanboyism pretty easily i think, but i just don't recall one other impressive thing he's done (or unimpressive thing for that matter, i just don't remember him in combat since (other than the short fight with caedus))

Gideon
IMO, JK: JA was pretty much the best SW game ever.

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon

definitly agreed. i never liked the multi-player much, and the story line in JA wasn't great, but it was just so much fun to play. JK had a great story line as well as great gameplay. Maybe even a little better game-play, because you didn't fight quite so many jedi all the time, and you had to profieciient with a blaster and sniper rifle as well..

Gideon
The storyline was pretty much amazing. Anything with the Imperial Remnant in it is... glorious.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon

Offtopic: I've got it on my computer. big grin Downloading the 'Knights of the Force' unofficial expansion/mod though.

'Tis great.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by truejedi
i don't know what kyle actually accomplishes in NJO though. Anyone want to name any feats SINCE JK and JA? I wish there was more, I love his character, and i could be nudged into hardcore fanboyism pretty easily i think, but i just don't recall one other impressive thing he's done (or unimpressive thing for that matter, i just don't remember him in combat since (other than the short fight with caedus))

Kyle is never really in the NJO, only mentioned(i think). Hes just behind the scenes killing Vong. He fights Jacen in LOTF and loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.