What is better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MizuRyu
Think about how far these elements can be pushed and what is more your style. Waterbending is my choice and its cuz it is defensive and can be pushed to control someones blood.

Black Adam

Becci
Originally posted by Black Adam

Yes it is. Get fact straight before giving statements.

Becci
Originally posted by MizuRyu
Think about how far these elements can be pushed and what is more your style. Waterbending is my choice and its cuz it is defensive and can be pushed to control someones blood.

Earth and/or Fire. Water is limited to the access of water in the area. Blood bending is limited to full moon. Earth benders can alter regions of a field to their liking, completely adapting the battle to their liking. A fire bender can reach intense heat and can launch up to five beams at the same time. Heat which we have seen competent to destroy stone.

It has a lot to do with the bender, of course. A talented air bender would put up a more than good enough fight against a talented fire bender.

dvampire
Water bending would be my last choice, since I have to be around water to bend. I'll choose fire, it's more versatile than the rest.

Becci
Earth is the most versatile, but fire has more firepower. A creative mind would have larger use of earth bending.

Wil7
I like firebending the best.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Becci
Yes it is. Get fact straight before giving statements.

it really isn't.

Dark-Jaxx
Yes it is. Get fact straight before giving statements. Um, Becci, TECHNICALLY it isn't. stick out tongue

It is an American cartoon drawn in a Japanese anime style.

None are more powerful, all are equal, it is the skill that counts.

But I would say Firebending. Earthbending and Waterbending are limited in the way that without the respective elements nearby, you won't be able to bend, and Airbending is too peaceful, whereas Firebending is more useful for real combat IMO.

MizuRyu
Earth and/or Fire. Water is limited to the access of water in the area. Blood bending is limited to full moon. Earth benders can alter regions of a field to their liking, completely adapting the battle to their liking. A fire bender can reach intense heat and can launch up to five beams at the same time. Heat which we have seen competent to destroy stone.

It has a lot to do with the bender, of course. A talented air bender would put up a more than good enough fight against a talented fire bender. Well Fire does his its limits as well. Your breathing is important to friebending. and If you think about how much water is around alot of stuff. THe air has water and the water in your body. THey also carry around a Water Skin to hold water. So I get your point but Water benders always find water. and IF you fight them in their Element. Fire and Earth Stand no chance, water can cut though stone as well.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Black Adam
avatar isn't anime or manga. offtopicstupid

MizuRyu
Originally posted by dvampire
Water bending would be my last choice, since I have to be around water to bend. I'll choose fire, it's more versatile than the rest. Fire is good for fighting and not good for anything elts. With fir you can only attack, water can defend and counter attack and heal. Yeah fire is cool but I see what you mean. it does suck about the Water element not being as abundant as the other elements.

MizuRyu
Earth Connection: An Earthbender's powers are firmly rooted to the ground they stand on. Removing them any substantial distance from the earth, such as in the air or on the ocean, strips them of their ability to bend. Earthbending would be my second power.

Dark-Jaxx
Fire is good for fighting and not good for anything elts. With fir you can only attack, water can defend and counter attack and heal. Yeah fire is cool but I see what you mean. it does suck about the Water element not being as abundant as the other elements. Not true. A skilled Firebender like Jeong Jeong or Azula can easily block with fire.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Not true. A skilled Firebender like Jeong Jeong or Azula can easily block with fire. No what you see is them useing fire with fire. or if they are fighting there own they just move the fire out of the way.. water has moves just for defensive moves.. Look at 1:12- 1:17. What Firebending moves are just defensive... and and props for Katara owning fire. lol. plus Fire is just a destructive power. This thread is about looking at all the Elements aspects. What elts is the elements good for.

Dark-Jaxx
It is called a fire wall. no expression

they are Firebending defensive moves, creating sheets of fire to block attacks.

MizuRyu
It is called a fire wall. no expression

they are Firebending defensive moves, creating sheets of fire to block attacks. Thats it... one?

Dark-Jaxx
There are more advanced versions of it as well.

MizuRyu
There are more advanced versions of it as well. Water has ice shield (it encases the attacker in ice) and ice wall (puts a large wall of ice in front to the waterbender), and Tsunami (creates a huge wave that can be used for offence and defense.). and you can also throw ice spikes around the person and trapping them. but firewall sounds.. good. laughing

Dark-Jaxx
Well Firebending is the most offensive art.

But you said Firebending has no defense powers. Which was wrong.

MizuRyu
Well Firebending is the most offensive art.

But you said Firebending has no defense powers. Which was wrong. well.. basically no defense.. witch is another reason it isn't the best. Earth has a Better balance. But thats just my opinon

Becci
Fire is good for fighting and not good for anything elts. With fir you can only attack, water can defend and counter attack and heal. Yeah fire is cool but I see what you mean. it does suck about the Water element not being as abundant as the other elements.

Only fighting?

Ozai used firebending to fly.
Azula used firebending to save herself from falling down an abyss.
Zuko used firebending to keep himself warm at the north pole.
Iroh used firebending for cooking as well as tea making.

Oh and there are PLENTY of defensive actions in the serie.

There is more if you want.

TKM
Waterbending

Reasons:

With bloodbending you can control others bodies and prevent them from using their own bending abilities.

There are three different states of water you can use; all with their benefits.

Dark-Jaxx
Well Bloodbending is only able to be used during a full moon.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
Waterbending

Reasons:

With bloodbending you can control others bodies and prevent them from using their own bending abilities.

There are three different states of water you can use; all with their benefits.

Bloodbending is obviously the most efficient way of combat, but it only works at rare occasions (Full moon). So I would much rather be an earth or firebender.

Vampire Savior
Air, its every where.

MizuRyu
Only fighting?

Ozai used firebending to fly.
Azula used firebending to save herself from falling down an abyss.
Zuko used firebending to keep himself warm at the north pole.
Iroh used firebending for cooking as well as tea making.

Oh and there are PLENTY of defensive actions in the serie.

There is more if you want. Well waterbenders can boil water to coo food. and Zuko was pretty weak in the North pole and barely survived. And point made bro. lol

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Air, its every where. Enclosed Spaces: Though rarely exhibited, an Airbender would be significantly disadvantaged in an enclosed space, restricting their movement and ability to dodge attacks. Though it is difficult to separate an Airbender from their element, if one was submerged under water or trapped in a vacuum, their ability to bend would likely be compromised.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by TKM
Waterbending

Reasons:

There are three different states of water you can use; all with their benefits. clapclap another sane person in this world. lol

Dark-Jaxx
Bloodbending is totally useless when not in a full moon.

Has...ANY Waterbender shown the ability to control Water Vapor?

I don't think so.

TKM
Bloodbending is totally useless when not in a full moon.

Has...ANY Waterbender shown the ability to control Water Vapor?

I don't think so.

Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it isn't resourceful. It's water so it can be pulled and bent as well as plants which harbors water.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by TKM
Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it isn't resourceful. It's water so it can be pulled and bent as well as plants which harbors water. Prove it.

Goin by that every Earthbender should be abl;e to bend metal...When they can't.

TKM
I didn't say every waterbender can do such. The old hag on the show said she was being resourceful in her new surroundings so she discovered that ability.

There are certain abilities that only strong-willed or crazy people can pull off like:

water=bloodbending

fire=electricity

earth=metalbending

air= I don't know

But the point is they never said that it can't be done or only certain benders can do it so I'm assuming because it's water it can be done by those who know of it.

Dark-Jaxx
So we assume they can bend water vapor?

TKM
Isn't that what I said?

However, those who know of it.

Becci
clapclap another sane person in this world. lol

Full Moon? What, are you going to hide in a cave while waiting for each Full Moon? Without the full moon, a water bender is not much to the world.

This would be like me saying I vote for firebending because it can melt rock. It has only done this during Sozin's Comet, so saying it is most powerful because of what it has done during a rare occasion is not quite proper thinking.

Becci
Well waterbenders can boil water to coo food. and Zuko was pretty weak in the North pole and barely survived. And point made bro. lol

I have not seen any waterbender boil water. Where did this happen?

And Zuko was not weak at the north pole. You need to consider that he swimmed trough icy water, fought Katara during full moon and walked trough massive wastes of snow. Anything other than a firebender would have been dead a long time ago.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, Zuko is badass, even with his embarassing crying in the rain scene.

Waterbending's bloodbending only works during full moons, and that is also the only time it gets a boost, whereas Firebending gets a boost from the sun itself, if there is daylight Firebenders are getting a boost.

TKM
Yeah, Zuko is badass, even with his embarassing crying in the rain scene.

Waterbending's bloodbending only works during full moons, and that is also the only time it gets a boost, whereas Firebending gets a boost from the sun itself, if there is daylight Firebenders are getting a boost.

I know bloodbending is only useful during the full moon that doesn't mean waterbenders don't have the advantage at night because of the moon itself. Bloodbending is just one of the many reasons waterbenders are very resourceful benders.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
I know bloodbending is only useful during the full moon that doesn't mean waterbenders don't have the advantage at night because of the moon itself. Bloodbending is just one of the many reasons waterbenders are very resourceful benders.

All benders are resourceful. Every art of bending has a fair amount of various ways to use their bending.

TKM
All benders are resourceful. Every art of bending has a fair amount of various ways to use their bending.

I know as much. I'm saying waterbenders are more resourceful than other benders.

Becci
And why do you say that? Give me some examples to why they are more resourceful than other elements.

TKM
Well first off water has three different states that all benders are able to use unlike the specialty bloodbending. A liquid attack can transform into defense or a gaseous get away if necessary. In the solid form the ice can be morphed into various useful items with definite shape. You can't say any other benders can do the same except for an earth bender who can create shelter.

Notice i didn't mention sanitary uses because water is essential for all but unlike the other benders they have healing powers which can serve as a quite useful technique for advanced restoration.

Dark-Jaxx
Name one time water vapor has ever been used.

The closest we have seen to water vapor was Katara's frost breath.

MizuRyu
Name one time water vapor has ever been used.

The closest we have seen to water vapor was Katara's frost breath. Cloudbending: In, "The Fortuneteller", it's shown that (because clouds are made with water and air), a skilled Waterbender or Airbender can manipulate them easily to create various shapes (used in that instance to provide a message to nearby villagers). It was later used as a defense by Aang and his friends to disguise their flights on Appa while moving about the Fire Nation. It is unknown if a Waterbender can perform this technique without an Airbender and vice versa.

Condensation: Not only can skilled Waterbenders condense clouds into a usable source of water ("The Desert"wink, but they also can condense invisible water vapor right out of the air ("The Puppetmaster"wink. Katara made good use of this technique during her fight with Hama, being able to use the moisture from the air to attack her from both sides at once, making her spin and fall to the ground.

MizuRyu
I have not seen any waterbender boil water. Where did this happen?

And Zuko was not weak at the north pole. You need to consider that he swimmed trough icy water, fought Katara during full moon and walked trough massive wastes of snow. Anything other than a firebender would have been dead a long time ago. Just cuz they didnt show is doesnt mean you cant do it. The waterbenders can heat up the water with waterbending without fire. Well he is Prince Zuko.. lol

MizuRyu
All benders are resourceful. Every art of bending has a fair amount of various ways to use their bending. clapping

Becci
Condensation: Not only can skilled Waterbenders condense clouds into a usable source of water ("The Desert"wink, but they also can condense invisible water vapor right out of the air ("The Puppetmaster"wink. Katara made good use of this technique during her fight with Hama, being able to use the moisture from the air to attack her from both sides at once, making her spin and fall to the ground.

When Katara fought Hama, it was Full Moon. It is an incredibly rare occassion and should not be in the evaluation of which element is the best. Just like how firebending should not use feats used during Sozin's Comet.

Just cuz they didnt show is doesnt mean you cant do it. The waterbenders can heat up the water with waterbending without fire. Well he is Prince Zuko.. lol

Just because they did not show it, gives me the right to question the capability to do it. I have never seen a waterbender heat up water. Nothing I can remember at the moment at least. So either you bring up some slight proof that this is possible, or you drop the point.

Innocent until proven guilty logic. If you can not prove the capability, then for now, there is no such thing.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
Well first off water has three different states that all benders are able to use unlike the specialty bloodbending. A liquid attack can transform into defense or a gaseous get away if necessary. In the solid form the ice can be morphed into various useful items with definite shape. You can't say any other benders can do the same except for an earth bender who can create shelter.

Notice i didn't mention sanitary uses because water is essential for all but unlike the other benders they have healing powers which can serve as a quite useful technique for advanced restoration.

- Funny. All the examples you brought up in the first paragraph I can bring up firebending examples for.

- Waterbending healing is very basic healing. Not 'advanced restoration'. Katara could only go advanced with the enhanced water from the north pole, so unless all of a sudden all waterbenders have that water, going advanced is no option for being the 'best' element.

MizuRyu
When Katara fought Hama, it was Full Moon. It is an incredibly rare occassion and should not be in the evaluation of which element is the best. Just like how firebending should not use feats used during Sozin's Comet Okay when this was shown it was Daylight.

MizuRyu
Without the full moon, a water bender is not much to the world. WTF are you talking about? Water doesnt need the moon all the time. And if waterbenders were taken off the earth then everything would be out of balance and the Avatar even said that. So sorry you cant just take away an element cuz its "not much to the world."

Becci
WTF are you talking about? Water doesnt need the moon all the time. And if waterbenders were taken off the earth then everything would be out of balance and the Avatar even said that. So sorry you cant just take away an element cuz its "not much to the world."

Massive missinterpretion.

Dark-Jaxx
She means that without the full moon waterbending is limited compared to other benders.

But seriously, name a single other element you actually have to haul around to use most of the time.

If there is no available water, most waterbenders are screwed.

There is usually Earth and air available, and a Firebender should always be able to bend fire(except on really rare occurences like when Zuko lost his "inner fire"wink.

TKM
- Funny. All the examples you brought up in the first paragraph I can bring up firebending examples for.

- Waterbending healing is very basic healing. Not 'advanced restoration'. Katara could only go advanced with the enhanced water from the north pole, so unless all of a sudden all waterbenders have that water, going advanced is no option for being the 'best' element.

Well then do it. Give me some examples that counter each of the ones I brought up in the first paragraph. I'm curious, I really want to know.

TKM
She means that without the full moon waterbending is limited compared to other benders.

But seriously, name a single other element you actually have to haul around to use most of the time.

If there is no available water, most waterbenders are screwed.

There is usually Earth and air available, and a Firebender should always be able to bend fire(except on really rare occurences like when Zuko lost his "inner fire"wink.

How are they limited without the full moon? The moon is an advantage just because it's out at night. They're bending advances above it's regular limits when the moon is full. Unlike the sun which is always full the fire benders have to wait years for a comet to have advanced abilities which is a great deal longer than a waterbender has to wait for a full moon to enable them to bloodbend.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
Well then do it. Give me some examples that counter each of the ones I brought up in the first paragraph. I'm curious, I really want to know.

Originally posted by TKM

The obvious exception is the blood bending:

- Azula created a gaseous curtain, permiting an escape.
- Firebenders has at more than one occasions formed fire into a shield, having successfully blocked water, air, fire and earthbending.
- Zuko used firebending to form daggers (items) with which he fought Azula, proving that fire can be held at a constant solid shape.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
How are they limited without the full moon? The moon is an advantage just because it's out at night. They're bending advances above it's regular limits when the moon is full. Unlike the sun which is always full the fire benders have to wait years for a comet to have advanced abilities which is a great deal longer than a waterbender has to wait for a full moon to enable them to bloodbend.

Only two waterbenders has even mastered bloodbending. The point is not how long one has to wait for an enhancement, but that they have to wait. While the comet pass more rarely than the full moon, they are both periods of waiting. Are the benders going to hide in isolation until a full moon rises or a comet passes? You have to consider that probably 99/100 fights take place without a full moon. Probably 90/100 fights take place during daytime since people have a tendency of sleeping during the night.

Every bending art is limited to certain degrees. While a waterbender can not achieve full efficiency without full moon and not usable without water, a firebender can not achieve full efficiency without daylight. An earthbender can not reach complete efficiency without sufficient amounts of earth, much like how an airbender is limited at areas with tight airsupply such as heated areas, high places, deep underground and narrow passages.

Every bending art has flaws. Waterbending require water, which is the greatest of flaws among all bending arts. Fire and earth can both disable water completely. This is seen during Aang's early visits to the earth kingdom, and the obvious vaporizing by fire.

TKM
Just because they did not show it, gives me the right to question the capability to do it. I have never seen a waterbender heat up water. Nothing I can remember at the moment at least. So either you bring up some slight proof that this is possible, or you drop the point.

Innocent until proven guilty logic. If you can not prove the capability, then for now, there is no such thing.

Waterbenders also possessive thermokinetic abilities because in order to freeze water the temperature goes down and in order to melt the ice the temperature goes up and to turn to a mist or water vapor the temperature goes up even more.

So you've seen it you just didn't know it.

Every bending art has flaws. Waterbending require water, which is the greatest of flaws among all bending arts. Fire and earth can both disable water completely. This is seen during Aang's early visits to the earth kingdom, and the obvious vaporizing by fire.

Anything that contains water can be bent. Katara bent the perfume, clouds can be condense to make it rain, and plants are everywhere and contain water. So if it came down to it a waterbender can use these other maybe not so obvious techniques in case a good source of water is not avaliable.

With all the benders and their weaknesses it really depends on the bender's will and level of mastery to determine if they can over power their opponent or not.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by TKM
How are they limited without the full moon? The moon is an advantage just because it's out at night. They're bending advances above it's regular limits when the moon is full. Unlike the sun which is always full the fire benders have to wait years for a comet to have advanced abilities which is a great deal longer than a waterbender has to wait for a full moon to enable them to bloodbend. Lies.

The effect of the full moon is equivelant to the effect of the sun for Firebenders.

Sozin's Comet amped Firebending 100 fold, the average Firebender was capable of doing master levels of Firebending destruction with a casual fire blast, Sozin's Comet is honestly an unfair amp, no one short of an Avatar can fvck with a Firebending Master amped by Sozin's Comet.

TKM
Lies.

The effect of the full moon is equivelant to the effect of the sun for Firebenders.

Sozin's Comet amped Firebending 100 fold, the average Firebender was capable of doing master levels of Firebending destruction with a casual fire blast, Sozin's Comet is honestly an unfair amp, no one short of an Avatar can fvck with a Firebending Master amped by Sozin's Comet.

Yeah sure, but still against a firebender when the moon is out they clearly have the advantage. When it's full, that advances their abilities against a firebender even more.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by TKM
Yeah sure, but still against a firebender when the moon is out they clearly have the advantage. When it's full, that advances their abilities against a firebender even more. Proof?

Has it ever been said that the normal moon enhances their abilities?

TKM
Well apparently it does because they are not up to par when the moon is not full.

If they are a threat to firebenders with it just being night than they are a triple threat with the moon being full.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by TKM
Well apparently it does because they are not up to par when the moon is not full.

If they are a threat to firebenders with it just being night than they are a triple threat with the moon being full. No, I mean does night-time amp a Waterbender at all when it is not a full moon?

Or is this just an assumption?

Becci
Proof?

Has it ever been said that the normal moon enhances their abilities?

During Aang and Katara's training at the North Pole, I believe it was mentioned that waterbenders are more efficient during night time. I even think Iroh was the one who said it.

Dark-Jaxx
During Aang and Katara's training at the North Pole, I believe it was mentioned that waterbenders are more efficient during night time. I even think Iroh was the one who said it. Are you sure? The full moon yeah, but I do not remember night.

Becci
I think Iroh compared the waterbenders to the firebenders. That he said 'much like how firebenders draw their strength from the sun, waterbenders draw theirs from the moon'.

Dark-Jaxx
So any moon at all?

Well actually, I guess it would make sense, since without the moon they could not waterbend at all.

MizuRyu
I am starting to regret i ever made this thread.. lol You guys are getting way to specific about stuff. and taking it all personal and shiv. confused

Dark-Jaxx
Well, we have to get specific.

Saying,"FIRE CAUSE IT BURNS SHIT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!" Isn't a good argument.

Becci
I am starting to regret i ever made this thread.. lol You guys are getting way to specific about stuff. and taking it all personal and shiv. confused

You regret making the thread because we go into detail? no expression

MizuRyu
Well, we have to get specific.

Saying,"FIRE CAUSE IT BURNS SHIT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!" Isn't a good argument. roll eyes (sarcastic) .... laughing Thank you. lol

MizuRyu
You regret making the thread because we go into detail? no expression can you not read? Thats what I wrote. Your guys are fighting about a cartoon and its funny.. So what ever keep at it. wink

Dark-Jaxx
Shut up.

MizuRyu
Shut up. stick out tongue offtopic

yungz22
Are you sure? The full moon yeah, but I do not remember night.

i THOUGHT IT WAS MORE A LUNAR ECLIPSE RATHER THAN JUST A FULL MOON

leonheartmm
why does no1 go for airbending?

MizuRyu
Originally posted by leonheartmm
why does no1 go for airbending? Read this whole thread. Someone already said Air.

Becci
can you not read? Thats what I wrote. Your guys are fighting about a cartoon and its funny.. So what ever keep at it. wink

Trust me. Asking me if I can read as an half intended insult makes you look a lot more sad than me, given the fact that I have proven reading skills troughout this entire thread and all you do is jump at someone blindly, hoping to score thumbs up from members.

But to stick to the point: Since when was debating considered fighting?

Originally posted by leonheartmm
why does no1 go for airbending?

Some probably would, but airbending does not have the firepower or the usefulness of other bending arts. I imagine that the reason why it is not brought up as much, given the fact that this is a thread about which bending art is better.

Better is of course a matter of definition. Better at what? Airbending is better at obtaining speed, but earth and firebending has both proven useful at speedy movement as well. The one ability that would make airbending better, is flight.

NonSensi-Klown
Becci, I can't see anything...

MizuRyu
Trust me. Asking me if I can read as an half intended insult makes you look a lot more sad than me, given the fact that I have proven reading skills troughout this entire thread and all you do is jump at someone blindly, hoping to score thumbs up from members.

But to stick to the point: Since when was debating considered fighting? I wasnt talking to you i was talking to leonheartmm.. so wtf are you ranting about?

Dark-Jaxx
I wasnt talking to you i was talking to leonheartmm.. so wtf are you ranting about? no expression

Becci
I wasnt talking to you i was talking to leonheartmm.. so wtf are you ranting about?

You are not aware that you did quote me when you said what you did and gave absolutely no implication that leonheartmm was the central subject of discussion? It is impossible for me to know what you mean, and I can only interpret it as if you were talking to me since you quoted me and involved nothing else in the post to imply a different intent. Had you mentioned leonheartmm or not quoted me, I would have looked at your post differently.

MizuRyu
You are not aware that you did quote me when you said what you did and gave absolutely no implication that leonheartmm was the central subject of discussion? It is impossible for me to know what you mean, and I can only interpret it as if you were talking to me since you quoted me and involved nothing else in the post to imply a different intent. Had you mentioned leonheartmm or not quoted me, I would have looked at your post differently. What? blowup

Becci
What? blowup

You quote me, speak of no one else and expect me to somehow realise you are talking about leonheartmm.

No matter. Irrelevant to the thread. I say that the 'best' title stands between Earth and Fire.

Dark-Jaxx
You quote me, speak of no one else and expect me to somehow realise you are talking about leonheartmm.

No matter. Irrelevant to the thread. I say that the 'best' title stands between Earth and Fire. Agreed I guess. erm

MizuRyu
Agreed I guess. erm I agree with the earth part. but water is the better one.. then earth.

And on a seperate note.. If Airbenders well bend air the can they take the breath out of you.. If so.. its like a darker side of that element like bloodbending.

Wei Phoenix
I chose air because wind/air is the element that I define myself with even though I'm big as an ox. It's always been a cool element to me. Like the above poster said, technically you should be able to drain the oxygen out of people granted that it is an evil move.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I chose air because wind/air is the element that I define myself with even though I'm big as an ox. It's always been a cool element to me. Like the above poster said, technically you should be able to drain the oxygen out of people granted that it is an evil move. That guy would be me... lol And I like water cuz its like i am as well. I am adaptive and I can just go with what comes and i can deal with it. I am passive aggressive and easy to get along with and helpful......(i say that is the most non-gayest way ever...shock)

Becci
"Technically" does not mean "Factually". It is true that the airbender can draw air to herself, just like how firebenders can absorb fire and earthbenders can compress earth. However, given the extreme level of oxygen in air, it is unlikely that anyone less than the Avatar could preform such a feat in an open area. Even if this feat was preformable, you would not drop down and die instantly. This feat would also require a constant absorption from the airbenders side, given the more or less unlimited supply of air that exist.

Not to mention that earthbenders could escape this scenario with ease. Fire does not function without oxygen, but earthbending does. An earthbender would just go below ground and appear elsewhere, or perhaps even remain underground and attack the opponent from there. Besides, fire uses oxygen, so a firebender could just draw the oxygen from an area as well by bending at extreme rate if you want to speculate things like that in theory. An earthbender could just create a cage without walls and holes and slowly compress it to the point of no oxygen. In fact, the only bender that can not do this in theory is the waterbender.

I can not see how you consider waterbending the best art, since earth and fire both beats water. At least if the earthbender or firebendeer is above average talented with the art. There are a lot of flaws with waterbending. Much more flaws than fire and earth has.

I do not think an element should be determined 'best' or 'worse' by what their best offensive and defensive feats are, but also by what flaws they have. If an element has a lot of flaws, it should not deserve the 'best' title. Especially not an element as limited as water.

MizuRyu
"Technically" does not mean "Factually". It is true that the airbender can draw air to herself, just like how firebenders can absorb fire and earthbenders can compress earth. However, given the extreme level of oxygen in air, it is unlikely that anyone less than the Avatar could preform such a feat in an open area. Even if this feat was preformable, you would not drop down and die instantly. This feat would also require a constant absorption from the airbenders side, given the more or less unlimited supply of air that exist.

Not to mention that earthbenders could escape this scenario with ease. Fire does not function without oxygen, but earthbending does. An earthbender would just go below ground and appear elsewhere, or perhaps even remain underground and attack the opponent from there. Besides, fire uses oxygen, so a firebender could just draw the oxygen from an area as well by bending at extreme rate if you want to speculate things like that in theory. An earthbender could just create a cage without walls and holes and slowly compress it to the point of no oxygen. In fact, the only bender that can not do this in theory is the waterbender.

I can not see how you consider waterbending the best art, since earth and fire both beats water. At least if the earthbender or firebendeer is above average talented with the art. There are a lot of flaws with waterbending. Much more flaws than fire and earth has.

I do not think an element should be determined 'best' or 'worse' by what their best offensive and defensive feats are, but also by what flaws they have. If an element has a lot of flaws, it should not deserve the 'best' title. Especially not an element as limited as water. Water puts out fires and Cuts through earth Hamma gathered the water in the flowers and cut through a bolder like butter. So what are you talking about? Katara defeated Azula with water, she froze the water around her and rendered her lighting useless with chaining her. and earth is a strong element but water erodes earth everywhere. I think your wrong on that one my friend. and like I said water really isnt that limited as you think. You fight a water bender in a forest... there are trees and grass with tons of water in them. A real waterbender master can take it from the trees and grass and use it. They can also change the weather to make it rain. making it really hard to fight a waterbender after this is achieved. Source: Some of the standard Waterbending weaknesses can be overcome by skilled Waterbending masters. In environments without water, a master can pull water particles out of clouds or air, and even out of living organisms such as plants and trees. The drawback is that if water is removed from a living organism, it will wither and die. Water can also be obtained from a master's own bodies if need be, from sweat or saliva.

Becci
Waterbending weaknesses
- Water is limited by the limited supply
- Water in contact with earth turns into mud
- Water in contact with fire vaporizes
- Water in contact with air budges
- Water is weakened during heat
- Water is only brought to full efficiency during night (and full moon)
- Water is requireing movement and and gestures to be bent
- Water is only efficient in certain areas
- Water is frail even while being solid

I can think of more if you want.

Water puts out fires and Cuts through earth Hamma gathered the water in the flowers and cut through a bolder like butter. So what are you talking about? Katara defeated Azula with water, she froze the water around her and rendered her lighting useless with chaining her. and earth is a strong element but water erodes earth everywhere. I think your wrong on that one my friend. and like I said water really isnt that limited as you think. You fight a water bender in a forest... there are trees and grass with tons of water in them. A real waterbender master can take it from the trees and grass and use it. They can also change the weather to make it rain. making it really hard to fight a waterbender after this is achieved. Source: Some of the standard Waterbending weaknesses can be overcome by skilled Waterbending masters. In environments without water, a master can pull water particles out of clouds or air, and even out of living organisms such as plants and trees. The drawback is that if water is removed from a living organism, it will wither and die. Water can also be obtained from a master's own bodies if need be, from sweat or saliva.

In matter of fact, you could be little more wrong. Water indeed puts out fire, but what then? The water vaporizes and the waterbender loses some of her 'ammo', while the firebender can just keep on producing. Fire can also kill grass, trees, flowers and such water providing sources. This can be done to massive areas in very short amounts of time and once the waterbender has spent what little water she has, her life is running out roughly as quickly as her water against a firebender.

Well sure, Hamma could cut trough a boulder like it was butter, but this boulder was not being earthbent. An earthbender can provide a far larger obstacle than some rock and can close in on the advesary from more than one angle at the time. Sure, a waterbender can do so as well, IF the area on which they fight has such access points. We already know that water in contact with earth turns into mud and that ice is frail. It is also not strong enough to penetrate constantly onrushing walls from all directions. It most certainly lack the requirements to pursue an earthbender that has gone below ground.

For now, those points will have to do. If you want more views on how fire and earth surpass water, I am more than willing enough to help you out.

Oh and about your final point in your post: Do you expect our beloved waterbenders in question to start jogging at place like Katara to create sweat when they are out of water? Or start spitting wildly in their hands? Because a pinch of spit is nothing more than perhaps one or two spikes.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Avatar Kuruk
Water puts out fires and Cuts through earth Hamma gathered the water in the flowers and cut through a bolder like butter. So what are you talking about? Katara defeated Azula with water, she froze the water around her and rendered her lighting useless with chaining her. and earth is a strong element but water erodes earth everywhere. I think your wrong on that one my friend. and like I said water really isnt that limited as you think. You fight a water bender in a forest... there are trees and grass with tons of water in them. A real waterbender master can take it from the trees and grass and use it. They can also change the weather to make it rain. making it really hard to fight a waterbender after this is achieved. Source: Some of the standard Waterbending weaknesses can be overcome by skilled Waterbending masters. In environments without water, a master can pull water particles out of clouds or air, and even out of living organisms such as plants and trees. The drawback is that if water is removed from a living organism, it will wither and die. Water can also be obtained from a master's own bodies if need be, from sweat or saliva. Water does put out fires. But a flames evaporate water, and try as hard as you can, you could never bring up a time water has put out a blue flame, which Azula uses. Cuts through Earth? True, but that really depends on the Earth. Not all Earth is so easily cut. And erosion...Is not usually very fast. Katara defeated Azula by outsmarting her, which was not hard at the time, Azula at the time was mentally very unstable and not thinking clearly, and had just got done fighting a losing battle with Zuko, she was visibly very tired from it. Also, it was a sneak attack, Azula could not see the water.

Like I said, erosion is usually slow, and Earth is nearly everywhere. Water IS limited. Sure, a master Waterbender can do those things, but most of the Avatarverse are not master Waterbenders...In fact, there are only like 4 that have been shown.

An average or even a sub-par Firebender does not need any source at all to bend his element.

On average, Waterbending IS more limited.

Water does put out fires. But a flames evaporate water, and try as hard as you can, you could never bring up a time water has put out a blue flame, which Azula uses. Cuts through Earth? True, but that really depends on the Earth. Not all Earth is so easily cut. And erosion...Is not usually very fast. Katara defeated Azula by outsmarting her, which was not hard at the time, Azula at the time was mentally very unstable and not thinking clearly, and had just got done fighting a losing battle with Zuko, she was visibly very tired from it. Also, it was a sneak attack, Azula could not see the water.

Like I said, erosion is usually slow, and Earth is nearly everywhere. Water IS limited. Sure, a master Waterbender can do those things, but most of the Avatarverse are not master Waterbenders...In fact, there are only like 4 that have been shown.

An average or even a sub-par Firebender does not need any source at all to bend his element.

On average, Waterbending IS more limited. ok.

Waterbending weaknesses
- Water is limited by the limited supply
- Water in contact with earth turns into mud
- Water in contact with fire vaporizes
- Water in contact with air budges
- Water is weakened during heat
- Water is only brought to full efficiency during night (and full moon)
- Water is requireing movement and and gestures to be bent
- Water is only efficient in certain areas
- Water is frail even while being solid

I can think of more if you want.

In matter of fact, you could be little more wrong. Water indeed puts out fire, but what then? The water vaporizes and the waterbender loses some of her 'ammo', while the firebender can just keep on producing. Fire can also kill grass, trees, flowers and such water providing sources. This can be done to massive areas in very short amounts of time and once the waterbender has spent what little water she has, her life is running out roughly as quickly as her water against a firebender.

Well sure, Hamma could cut trough a boulder like it was butter, but this boulder was not being earthbent. An earthbender can provide a far larger obstacle than some rock and can close in on the advesary from more than one angle at the time. Sure, a waterbender can do so as well, IF the area on which they fight has such access points. We already know that water in contact with earth turns into mud and that ice is frail. It is also not strong enough to penetrate constantly onrushing walls from all directions. It most certainly lack the requirements to pursue an earthbender that has gone below ground.

For now, those points will have to do. If you want more views on how fire and earth surpass water, I am more than willing enough to help you out.

Oh and about your final point in your post: Do you expect our beloved waterbenders in question to start jogging at place like Katara to create sweat when they are out of water? Or start spitting wildly in their hands? Because a pinch of spit is nothing more than perhaps one or two spikes. Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Water does put out fires. But a flames evaporate water, and try as hard as you can, you could never bring up a time water has put out a blue flame, which Azula uses. Cuts through Earth? True, but that really depends on the Earth. Not all Earth is so easily cut. And erosion...Is not usually very fast. Katara defeated Azula by outsmarting her, which was not hard at the time, Azula at the time was mentally very unstable and not thinking clearly, and had just got done fighting a losing battle with Zuko, she was visibly very tired from it. Also, it was a sneak attack, Azula could not see the water.

On average, Waterbending IS more limited. Wtf tag teaming me.. is there no one else that has an opinion on water... or earth...

Becci
Wtf tag teaming me.. is there no one else that has an opinion on water... or earth...
Tag teaming? We are two people not sharing your opinion. If you expect to ever only debate one person if you bring up a debatable point in a questionable matter, then I suggest an early retirement stick out tongue

Tag teaming? We are two people not sharing your opinion. If you expect to ever only debate one person if you bring up a debatable point in a questionable matter, then I suggest an early retirement stick out tongue retirement ? never. *surrounds you with water and turning you into ice. thus killing you.

Dark-Jaxx
retirement ? never. *surrounds you with water and turning you into ice. thus killing you. Hey sexy.

Hey sexy. confused I got a girl....

Becci
Your girl do not let you appreciate compliments?

Dark-Jaxx
confused I got a girl.... Play your cards right and you just might get a guy. 131

Play your cards right and you just might get a guy. 131 offtopic

Dark-Jaxx
Homophobe.

Homophobe. offtopic

Dark-Jaxx
Prove it.

Prove it. offtopic

Who is Bleach could take Aang? Any ideas?

llagrok

Wat u talkin' bout? Water covers 72% of the earth's surface D:

WrathfulDwarf
Yes..please...keep it on topic.

Becci
Originally posted by llagrok

Avatar does not take place on our Earth wink

Avatar does not take place on our Earth wink There is still alot of Water. lol

Wat u talkin' bout? Water covers 72% of the earth's surface D: clap

Becci
There is still alot of Water. lol

Your point would be?

TKM
Avatar does not take place on our Earth wink
Your point would be?

And you claim they are not on Earth therefore you are saying their alternate universe doesn't have as much water as Earth. He showed the map making his point. Dur roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark-Jaxx
That water may not actually cover 72% of Earth's surface in the world of Avatar maybe?

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
And you claim they are not on Earth therefore you are saying their alternate universe doesn't have as much water as Earth. He showed the map making his point. Dur roll eyes (sarcastic)

I would like you to quote me where I said they do not have as much water. Please do, because I have no recolleciton of saying so.

TKM
What you said was an allusion- an indirect reference to something. llagrok said there is 72% of water that covers Earth. He made that point to counter who ever said water is limited. You say they are not on Earth. With a response like that, I get that you are saying 72% of water does not cover the Avatar alternate universe, and that's why Avatar Kuruk answer you by saying, there is still a lot of water. This made it pointless to ask about the point of what was said because the point was made.

You didn't notice it because you didn't realize what people were getting from what you stated. So, you didn't directly state that.

Dark-Jaxx
...I hate to tell you this, but llagrok was joking, hence the (failed) smilie. no expression

Same with Becci.

Becci
Originally posted by TKM
What you said was an allusion- an indirect reference to something. llagrok said there is 72% of water that covers Earth. He made that point to counter who ever said water is limited. You say they are not on Earth. With a response like that, I get that you are saying 72% of water does not cover the Avatar alternate universe, and that's why Avatar Kuruk answer you by saying, there is still a lot of water. This made it pointless to ask about the point of what was said because the point was made.

You didn't notice it because you didn't realize what people were getting from what you stated. So, you didn't directly state that.

1. You think too little of me.

Originally posted by TKM
I get that you are saying

2. You get wrong shrug

TKM
1. You think too little of me.

2. You get wrong shrug

Well sorry if my perception of things are different from yours. What you stated can be deciphered in more than one way. So what I get, is right. If you don't want me to 'think so little of you' then you should be careful what you type. But, that's a little extreme, don't you think?

Originally posted by TKM
And you claim they are not on Earth therefore you are saying their alternate universe doesn't have as much water as Earth. He showed the map making his point. Dur roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Mark Chung
Waterbenders can heal. That means you can recover after most fights. This is a HUGE advantage. Waterbenders can draw water from many sources, like water, plants, moisture in the air, sweat, saliva etc. They even carry a water skin with them. Thus, waterbenders does not rely on 100% on the external source of water. For combat, they can turn their opponent's force on themselves.

Powers - max 100/100

Offensive power - 50 + opponent's power/100
Defensive Power - 80/100

Mark Chung
Earthbenders have their powers balanced. That means they have equal offensive and defensive powers. Earthbenders totally depend on the earth and minerals like crystal, metal etc. Once they are not in contact with earth, like when Toph is on Appa, and on icy paths in The Serpent's Pass as their powers are completely negated as they have nothing to bend at all.

Powers - max 100/100

Offensive power - 75/100
Defensive Power - 75/100

Mark Chung
Firebenders only focus on their offensive powers. Throughout the series, Firebenders have shown numerous types of attacks. But, they are really weak on defensive powers as they can only use Fire Wall as their shield. They seldom use them though, as firebenders rely on their agility like Azula, Zuko and Ozai to evade most attacks.

Powers - max 100/100

Offensive power - 80/100
Defensive Power - 10/100

Mark Chung
Airbenders, the complete opposite of firebenders (although stated in the series that the opposite is Earthbenders) in powers, has magnificent defensive powers. Airbenders can create air barriers, wind shields etc. to block most attacks. They can also evade most attacks by their super speed, with or without the Air Scooter. However, they lack fatal moves. They don't have deadly strikes, only normal ones. This is maybe because they are harmonious and never started war. They view life as sacred and rarely kills. Thus, they only concentrate in defensive powers to defend themselves.

Powers - max 100/100

Offensive power - 10/100
Defensive Power - 80/100

Mark Chung
Waterbenders - Bloodbending, Plantbending, Mudbending, Healing
Earthbenders - Metalbending, Lie Detection
Firebenders - Lightning Generation, Lightning Redirection
Airbenders - Super Speed, Air Scooter

Mark Chung
I choose to be a Waterbender!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.