ROTS Yoda vs. Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
ROTS Yoda vs. Starkiller

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All Out

Vorpal Ruin
Yoda wins all three areas.

Faunus
Yoda ruins him in sabers, takes the Force-battle with difficulty, and firmly - but not easily - takes the all-out.

SIDIOUS 66
Yoda wins all three...

Mizukage Yoda
Yoda curbstomps all three Marek could not deflect the Emperor's lightning without killing himself lol. He did the exact same thing as Yoda did accept Yoda didn't blow himself up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Faunus
Yoda ruins him in sabers, takes the Force-battle with difficulty, and firmly - but not easily - takes the all-out.

My master is wise in the ways of the Force.

Jbill311
My master remains cloaked in shadow, but even he would be forced to agree with this evaluation.

Man of Christ
Yoda pwns him

Janus Marius
Yoda owns him.

I await the obligatory "nuh uh".

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Yoda owns him.

I await the obligatory "nuh uh".

Nuh uh.

Janus Marius
Oh noes!

... Yah huh!

</debate>

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jbill311
My master remains cloaked in shadow, but even he would be forced to agree with this evaluation. My master excessively uses hot wax and whips, and he says Yoda for the win.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Oh noes!

... Yah huh!

</debate>

HE WILL THROW A STAR DESTROYER AND CRUSH YODAS GREEN WRINKLED ASS LOLOLOL I WIN.

Janus Marius
YODA COUNTERS WITH EXP. AND SOOPER QUIK SABER AKSHUN!!!111

Tangible God
Do a saving throw!

Janus Marius
*EPIC FAIL

Damn! 2/20! Do I want high or low?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
HE WILL THROW A STAR DESTROYER AND CRUSH YODAS GREEN WRINKLED ASS LOLOLOL I WIN.

Pfft. Bane does a flow walk and drops a moon on both of them, making him the victor.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Enyalus
Pfft. Bane does a flow walk and drops a moon on both of them, making him the victor.
Yoda will throw the Death Star at him lol Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Yoda will throw the Death Star at him lol

As of ROTS?

EPIC FAIL

Jbill311
Originally posted by Tangible God
Do a saving throw!

Do a barrel roll!

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Enyalus
As of ROTS?

EPIC FAIL
NOOOOOOOO YODA IS TEH 1337est JEDI EVAZ HE IZ THE GREATEST FOE DARKNESS HAS KNOWN,AND IS BETTA DEN TEH GALN MERAK

Null ARC Avis
hahaha. wow, Janus, GV, since when have you guys returned to KMC?

master_padilla
I feel that Starkiller would take all three areas. Is it just me or does Master Yoda seem to struggle with force gripping heavy objects whereas Starkiller seems to have an easy time downing a Star Destroyer. In Ep. 2, Master Yoda struggles to get an X-Wing out of a swamp in Dagobah...

I just feel that Master Yoda, despite how powerful he is portrayed is not as powerful as how they portray Starkiller. I'm only speaking in terms how of Lucas Arts has illustrated the two characters. Anyone else at least give some credit to this theory?

-Master Padilla

"Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to.....suffering."

-Yoda

Lord Lucien
"Easy time downing a Star Destroyer". Riiiiight.

Lacan Grahf
I think a fight between Starkiller and Yoda would be epic and likely a very close one.

truejedi
Ridiculously epic: I think force would be almost a toss-up. Sabers, Yoda wins.

So yoda wins all out with his saber...

(I hope i didn't post this opinion already.... i've a lot going on recently...)

master_padilla
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"Easy time downing a Star Destroyer". Riiiiight.

Well regardless, Starkiller did it by himself. I find that to be pretty remarkable. And if we all agree that Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, is to bring balance to the force and also so happens to be the mentor to Starkiller.....yeah I'd say Starkiller has the upper hand against Yoda......sadly.

-Master Padilla

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by master_padilla
And if we all agree that Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, is to bring balance to the force and also so happens to be the mentor to Starkiller.....yeah I'd say Starkiller has the upper hand against Yoda That makes absolutely no sense.

truejedi
Well regardless, Starkiller did it by himself. I find that to be pretty remarkable. And if we all agree that Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, is to bring balance to the force and also so happens to be the mentor to Starkiller.....yeah I'd say Starkiller has the upper hand against Yoda......sadly.

-Master Padilla

You might want to recheck your TFU novelization... Gravity brought down a powerless star destroyer. Galen redirected it a little bit, so it didn't land on him.

However, he is a BEAST in the force. (based on TFU II trailer...)

Though... this is kinda breaking my own rule of Darth Maul and Darth Maul's clone.... Clones != to originals.... So we really should be discussing Galen or Gaalen. But not both as one....

I think Gaalen is more impressive.

Lacan Grahf
Yoda would definitely pull a win with his lightsaber, given that he's a master of all seven forms. Though if I'm not mistaken, Starkiller is a Juyo practitioner, which might suggest that the gap between the two is closer than one would think.

In a Force contest, it could definitely go either way.

master_padilla
That makes absolutely no sense.

Basically if Vader has more meta clorians (sp?) than Yoda himself, and if Vader was to mentor Starkiller, then Starkiller has one HELLUVA mentor and definitely has the potential to beat Yoda. Only because Vader is, according to Lucas, arguably more powerful than Yoda. So imagine learning from Vader who is more powerful than Yoda. That's my point.

truejedi
Basically if Vader has more meta clorians (sp?) than Yoda himself, and if Vader was to mentor Starkiller, then Starkiller has one HELLUVA mentor and definitely has the potential to beat Yoda. Only because Vader is, according to Lucas, arguably more powerful than Yoda. So imagine learning from Vader who is more powerful than Yoda. That's my point.

No, according to Lucas, Vader had the POTENTIAL to be more powerful than Yoda. He never achieved it.

Second, just because Vader MENTORED Starkiller means NOTHING in deciding how powerful starkiller was in relation to Yoda. In fact, address that again, that makes ZERO sense. Yoda mentored lots of people, but that didn't make all of them as powerful as he.

That said, I think Starkiller, through feat wars, has displayed every bit as much force power as Yoda.

Lord Lucien
Basically if Vader has more meta clorians (sp?) than Yoda himself, and if Vader was to mentor Starkiller, then Starkiller has one HELLUVA mentor and definitely has the potential to beat Yoda. Only because Vader is, according to Lucas, arguably more powerful than Yoda. So imagine learning from Vader who is more powerful than Yoda. That's my point. Potential =/= knowledge or power. I could potentially be a doctor, but that doesn't mean I can perform a brain biopsy.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by truejedi
He never achieved it.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure.

master_padilla
No, according to Lucas, Vader had the POTENTIAL to be more powerful than Yoda. He never achieved it.

Second, just because Vader MENTORED Starkiller means NOTHING in deciding how powerful starkiller was in relation to Yoda. In fact, address that again, that makes ZERO sense. Yoda mentored lots of people, but that didn't make all of them as powerful as he.

That said, I think Starkiller, through feat wars, has displayed every bit as much force power as Yoda.

I'll buy that...That's fair. big grin

truejedi
Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
Ehhh, I'm not so sure.

HIS full potential, which is Lucas's quote. He was maybe as powerful as Yoda. I don't think so. 80 percent of Sidious as of ROTJ... I don't think is more powerful than Yoda as of ROTS... perhaps not. We have no comparison. Yoda's feats are more impressive...

master_padilla
I will say that I really hope that they are close to completing TFU III since the 2nd one was way too short. I would like to see a game that illustrates Starkiller undergo the Jedi trials with the help of Yoda or someone to finalize Starkiller's cross over from the dark side into the light side of the force to make his Jedi Knighthood official.

truejedi
nah, cause then where did he go in ROTJ?

Lacan Grahf
HIS full potential, which is Lucas's quote. He was maybe as powerful as Yoda. I don't think so. 80 percent of Sidious as of ROTJ... I don't think is more powerful than Yoda as of ROTS... perhaps not. We have no comparison.

I've seen that quote by George and I'm not sure how to interpret it. The fact is that Vader has never exhibited anything approaching the same level of knowledge or skill in his use of the Force. It could very well have been raw, untapped power and not overall aptitude. Or not. I don't know.

But the Emperor had twenty years or so to study the Force, so I'd say he's definitely more powerful than Yoda by ROTJ.

Ehhh?

Lord Lucien
I will say that I really hope that they are close to completing TFU III since the 2nd one was way too short. I would like to see a game that illustrates Starkiller undergo the Jedi trials with the help of Yoda or someone to finalize Starkiller's cross over from the dark side into the light side of the force to make his Jedi Knighthood official. If they're close to completing TFU III now, then it will be the worst Star Wars game ever produced. And that's saying something, considering the last game sucked the hugest gorilla dick known to man.

truejedi

Ehhh?

Starkiller feats > Yoda's Feats > Vader's feats

Lacan Grahf
Starkiller feats > Yoda's Feats > Vader's feats

Ohh.

Well, uh, actually... I'm not sure. Vader's performance in TFU2 against Starkiller was actually pretty incredible. They were practically dead even.

Lord Lucien
Until he got his clone army ripped apart, his hand chopped off, and his body electrocuted to shit...

truejedi
guess so... i just saw the comic where Starkiller won in about a panel and half...

master_padilla
If they're close to completing TFU III now, then it will be the worst Star Wars game ever produced. And that's saying something, considering the last game sucked the hugest gorilla dick known to man.

lol. Well I guess I dont care if it takes them a few years to complete; as long as they complete the story. The way the 2nd game ended definitely left TFU fans hanging....I hate that.

truejedi
Um... KOTORII? you think they care?

Lacan Grahf
Until he got his clone army ripped apart,

They were just fodder anyway.

If memory serves, he still disarmed Starkiller and flogged him around like a ragdoll after losing the arm.

Did you see how much energy he tanked? Starkiller was practically channeling enough juice to power Coruscant's northern hemisphere and Vader endured it.

Not to mention the whole thing was implied to be a setup.

truejedi
link please?

master_padilla
They were just fodder anyway.

If memory serves, he still disarmed Starkiller and flogged him around like a ragdoll after losing the arm.

Did you see how much energy he tanked? Starkiller was practically channeling enough juice to power Coruscant's northern hemisphere and Vader endured it.

Not to mention the whole thing was implied to be a setup.

I LoL'd at this response IRL...

Lacan Grahf
Here.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hONkUjnuHw

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xBOwftt6I&feature=related

Lord Lucien
And one "torture" level session from Palpatine kills Vader. Either Maarek's just that weak, or the difference between him and Palpatine is just that great.

Lacan Grahf
And one "torture" level session from Palpatine kills Vader. Either Maarek's just that weak, or the difference between him and Palpatine is just that great.

I'm inclined to believe the latter. No way Starkiller's a wimp.

truejedi
is it all canon considering how much of it is game-play?

master_padilla
I'm inclined to believe the latter. No way Starkiller's a wimp.

I'm more inclined to believe that Anakin Skywalker is more of a wimp than Starkiller strictly based off of how Anakin is portrayed in the movies...lol.

Lacan Grahf
is it all canon considering how much of it is game-play?

I haven't really read the book, but given that a lot of what happens is in the form of mini-cutscenes (Vader gripping, breaking, and hurling the gear-like platforms surrounding the clone banks, etc.), I'd say so.

Lord Lucien
If Lucas' sentiments on the television shows are any indication... he hasn't said the same things about the TFU franchise as he has about them (that I know of). Vader's durability against Force Lightning might. Just. Be. Non-canon, when contrasting against RotJ.

truejedi
both are kinda whiners... why is that Star Wars writers got the idea that the dark side attracts Emos?

Lord Lucien
both are kinda whiners... why is that Star Wars writers got the idea that the dark side attracts Emos? Twilight.

Lacan Grahf
Speaking of the TV show, I'm really looking forward to January when the Savage Opress arc is explored.

truejedi
didn't we have a screaming fight over canon and noncanon started by Savage Opress and ended by Rex?

master_padilla
both are kinda whiners... why is that Star Wars writers got the idea that the dark side attracts Emos?

lol. But you know what? They both ended up with some hotties!

Lacan Grahf
didn't we have a screaming fight over canon and noncanon started by Savage Opress and ended by Rex?

I'm not sure. I wasn't there. But, then again, I've only been part of KMC since this morning, so....

The spoilers seem interesting and preliminary reviews of the limited screenings have been very positive.

Lord Lucien
didn't we have a screaming fight over canon and noncanon started by Savage Opress and ended by Rex? Yes. Yes we DID!

Lacan Grahf
lol. But you know what? They both ended up with some hotties!

Uh, Vader ended up with Palpatine. Who is most decidedly not a hottie.

So no.

Lord Lucien
No, stupid. He end up with Luke. And his dreamboat eyes... *sigh*

Jinsoku Takai

So no.

True, but portman, er uhm Padme sure as hell is.

truejedi
yeah, vader ended up without a wang.... starkiller ends up... dead.

Don't whine. Jacen ends up armless and killed by his sister... Its the subtle message behind Lucas's work.

has everyone here seen the Star Wars reviews on Youtube by some guy... and its funny? I forget the name, but definitly worth watching.

Lacan Grahf
No, stupid. He end up with Luke. And his dreamboat eyes... *sigh*

No, the nonsense with Luke was too short. The equivalent of a one night stand, really. He was with Palpatine for twenty years and we know which one was the catcher. devil

Lord Lucien
Marek could end up going like Ventress. Just high-tails outta the public light.

Lacan Grahf
Marek could end up going like Ventress. Just high-tails outta the public light.

I expect that Ventress's current status in the EU will change, given that Darth Sidious orders Dooku to kill her.

truejedi
"Yes, my master."

kinda takes on a whole new feel doesn't it?

master_padilla

So no.

lol. Oh. I thought we were still talking about ANAKIN (who ended up with Padme) and Starkiller (who digs Juno).

Lacan Grahf
"Yes, my master."

kinda takes on a whole new feel doesn't it?

New? Hardly. Or who could forget this gem:

The Emperor: You, like your father, are now... mine.

Lord Lucien
lol. Oh. I thought we were still talking about ANAKIN (who ended up with Padme) and Starkiller (who digs Juno). Juno's a b*tch in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. F*cking yelling in my ear while I'm climbing, making me perform unsavory acts.

master_padilla
New? Hardly. Or who could forget this gem:

The Emperor: You, like your father, are now... mine.

Ahhhh... PIMP DADDY PALPATINE!!

truejedi
"Now you will experience the true power of the dark side of the force...."

here i thought supervillian, Sidious was no better than Herbert, the WHOLE time.

Lacan Grahf
Ahhhh... PIMP DADDY PALPATINE!!

Pimpatine?

Lacan Grahf
"Now you will experience the true power of the dark side of the force...."

here i thought supervillian, Sidious was no better than Herbert, the WHOLE time.

Sometimes I feel as though he would have been a better choice to portray the Emperor than Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Nephthys
So......are we actually taking the trailers as canon now?

Because if so......

Lord Lucien
Domain not found, Neph?

Nephthys
Facepalm.

RkBiYpD3SDc

Lord Lucien
Nice. Showed him killing Stormies in daylight on Kashyyyk. Pfff, noobs.

truejedi
yep... pretty sure that was a bit of an exaggeration. we will have to wait and see though. can star destroyers even operate on planets like that one was?

darth radon
Galen Marek should win hands down.Yoda struggles to much,yes he gets the job finished but he would take alloooott of effort. Starkiller almost had sidous deafted yoda didnt stand a chaceshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZbcPotzIEk&feature=related

axel_jovan

Jinsoku Takai
yep... pretty sure that was a bit of an exaggeration. we will have to wait and see though. can star destroyers even operate on planets like that one was?

Yes they can.

Jinsoku Takai

Lord Lucien
yep... pretty sure that was a bit of an exaggeration. we will have to wait and see though. can star destroyers even operate on planets like that one was? "Like most other Star Destroyer models, the Imperial-class was capable of entering atmospheres and supporting ground operations directly."

Pparently.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Almost right. Yoda and Marek are very close as regarding Force power. However, Yoda's SKILL and intunement (new word?) with the Force is extremely fine tuned (redundant? maybe) and is well beyond that of Marek. Force = Yoda 85% chance of victory.

I agree with most what you've said but 85% chances for Yoda, hmm dunno, seems to me Marek is not going down that easily. Yoda is going to win no doubt though.

I concur. cool I gave Yoda 8/10 in sabers in case he trips and falls over his ignited lightsaber or fights using his cane. That said, I can see Yoda taking 10/10 in sabers.

plo koon 3745
Yoda murders that little punk!

Nebaris Is Back
I'll give this one to Starkiller, tbh. He basically defeated Sidious, a feat that even Yoda couldn't accomplish. I would expect a good fight from Yoda, but the big GM is the superior force here.

Nephthys
erm

Slash_KMC
It's a sad day when people pretend to be Neb.

Nebaris Is Back
I do not claim nor wish to be Nebaris. I could never be as powerful as him.

My username simply heralds the great master's return. Soon, KMC will once again be a dominion of Lord Nebaris. I am spreading his wisdom on these threads to remind you who the real master debater is around here. I am also here to warn you that, when he comes, you will be given an ultimatum: bow down to Nebaris and accept his arguments as law without question, or be utterly crushed by his logic. The choice is yours, KMC Star Wars section. The choice is yours.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nebaris Is Back
I do not claim nor wish to be Nebaris. I could never be as powerful as him.

My username simply heralds the great master's return. Soon, KMC will once again be a dominion of Lord Nebaris. I am spreading his wisdom on these threads to remind you who the real master debater is around here. I am also here to warn you that, when he comes, you will be given an ultimatum: bow down to Nebaris and accept his arguments as law without question, or be utterly crushed by his logic. The choice is yours, KMC Star Wars section. The choice is yours. Well that's, just, like... your opinion, man.

Slash_KMC
Yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

truejedi
I think if I were Neb I would pick a better kingdom for my 5 year in the making master plan... This place gets maybe 3 posts a day, tops?

Janus the Anus
yeah lol wat an idiot

Zack Fair
Galen needs to get retconned as an ewok getting slaughtered in ROTJ.

Stupid Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.