Nick Fury or Tony Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Which one did a better job as Director of SHIELD? Well IM is still in the position but based on what he's done so far, compare these two.

willRules
Nick Fury

I'm typing this on itouch.

So we've established me = win. smile

roughrider
Fury has the longer track record. And all he wanted to do was keep things in order.
But there's something wrong about Tony Stark with all this power. He wants to help the world, but that smooth smile has the feeling of a benevolent dictator, shaping things to his satisfaction. Like Carol Danvers remarked at the end of the recent Ultron storyline (finding out Tony has secret satellites to control weather) - "You're not the King of the World, Tony. And they'll hang you out one day for going too far."

Disappear
stark's technology has made s.h.i.e.l.d. better, by leaps and bounds. fury had cool shit working, but stark's got teams of iron commandos who can detect micro-nukes. he's keeping s.h.i.e.l.d. in step with, if not well ahead of, the terrorist aggressions they fight. that's good.

i still like nick fury better and think of s.h.i.e.l.d. as his baby, but stark's doing a good job. engineering the hijacking of the U.N. or whatever in order to complete a mission? bad-to-the-ass.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
stark's technology has made s.h.i.e.l.d. better, by leaps and bounds. fury had cool shit working, but stark's got teams of iron commandos who can detect micro-nukes. he's keeping s.h.i.e.l.d. in step with, if not well ahead of, the terrorist aggressions they fight. that's good.

i still like nick fury better and think of s.h.i.e.l.d. as his baby, but stark's doing a good job. engineering the hijacking of the U.N. or whatever in order to complete a mission? bad-to-the-ass.

Agreed and I think (like you pretty much said) There's something about Fury. He's meant to be head of SHIELD. Stark is a genius and he adds soo much to SHIELD, but he's not in the same league as Fury in terms of planning and organising a worldwide police taskforce. A good example of this is the subsequent appearances of Iron-man in Cap's title after Cap's death. Tony appears to be struggling to maintain the organization and Dr Faustus along with several rogue SHIELD agents are able operate under Stark's nose. Even Bucky manages to get onto the Helicarrier and stalemates Stark.

Plus in Mighty Avengers #12 Nick Fury easily invades and escapes from the Helicarrier. Sure Maria Hill, not Stark, was Director at the time, but there's something sooo badass about that makes Fury more James-Bond-esque than the Billionaire playboy, Tony Stark. I loved it when Maria Hill took over for a change of pace and I loved Civil War so it was cool to see Stark in charge, but in my mind Nick Fury's meant to be in charge of SHIELD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.