Top Female Bricks - DC & Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Seeing the upcoming Lady Liberators stories relating to Hulk, it makes me think about who's got the better female brawlers - power, skills, character or other.

I have a top six in mind for each company.

DC
Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Mary Marvel, Big Barda, Grace Choi

Marvel
Thor Girl, Miss Marvel, She Hulk, Valkyrie, Thundra, Rogue

Not a versus thread per se. But you could imagine how a head to head could go.

Doctor-Alvis
I can imagine how fast it would end.

DigiMark007
A few of those are more than "bricks." By common KMC definition, a brick is someone who has only strength and durability powers. Healing and/or flight can be included, but as soon as you get anything more exotic (energy attacks, extra equipment, magical anything, etc.) they cease to be "brick-ish" by any standard.

Endrict Nuul
Fairchild <<< shes the perfect example of a female brick.

llagrok
Thor Girl used to be a million times more versatile than Thor.

Priest
Wonder Woman is the worst on the list.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider
Seeing the upcoming Lady Liberators stories relating to Hulk, it makes me think about who's got the better female brawlers - power, skills, character or other.

I have a top six in mind for each company.

DC
Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Mary Marvel, Big Barda, Grace Choi

Marvel
Thor Girl, Miss Marvel, She Hulk, Valkyrie, Thundra, Rogue

Not a versus thread per se. But you could imagine how a head to head could go.

I would substitude Mary for Knockout...she is more a brick than Mary.

Endrict Nuul
I thought bricks dont fly....thats what makes them bricks.

roughrider
A just think of someone who is a brick, has high-tier superhuman strength and whose first mode of attack is to knock you out.
Storm is powerful in her way, but she has no super strength so is not a brick.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
I thought bricks dont fly....thats what makes them bricks.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
By common KMC definition, a brick is someone who has only strength and durability powers. Healing and/or flight can be included, but as soon as you get anything more exotic (energy attacks, extra equipment, magical anything, etc.) they cease to be "brick-ish" by any standard.

...it's not a concrete definition. But yeah, essentially, you're right.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...it's not a concrete definition. But yeah, essentially, you're right.

In a nutshell....

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I would substitude Mary for Knockout...she is more a brick than Mary.

Trying to limit this to heroic characters. Knockout barely made antihero before doing something disgraceful again.

As for Fairchild - she's in the Wildstorm Universe. How many sub dimensions to go into?
If I did that, I would have put in Power Princess/Princess Zarda.

Endrict Nuul
Trying to limit this to heroic characters. Knockout barely made antihero before doing something disgraceful again.

As for Fairchild - she's in the Wildstorm Universe. How many sub dimensions to go into?
If I did that, I would have put in Power Princess/Princess Zarda.

And thats part of DC, anyways....She Hulk is the best female brick.

fangirl101
Best Bricks In DC for girls would be
Barda, Monstress, Donna troy, Knock out, Grace, Fairchild
(I tried to go for those with less versatility)

Marvel has

She- Hulk, Classic Rogue, Sabra, Namorita, Xenith, Magdelene

roughrider
Trying to limit this to non-flyers is tough, since there are so many fliers at DC.
But if so, that leaves my first DC list with only Barda & Grace Choi. So, if you add Fairchild & Knockout...

My Marvel list, that leaves She-Hulk, Thundra and Valkyrie(the liberators.) If Knockout is on the former team, maybe I bring in Titania.

Endrict Nuul
Giganta??? she can be a really big brick.....

Stoic
DC's Rampage is a prime example for a female brick, Mongal was too before they killed her off.

Rewmac
I'm a Marvel chick type my special ability to love Carol Danvers prevents me from saying DC, so Marvel big grin

roughrider
Talk of Giganta & Rampage...we're getting too far into the villains. I'd like to keep it to heroes.

Endrict Nuul
Talk of Giganta & Rampage...we're getting too far into the villains. I'd like to keep it to heroes.

Didnt say heroes only, sorry.

roughrider
Need to pull Rogue off this list. Just got reminded she lost the Miss Marvel powers a long time ago.

DC is a measuring stick, because besides Wonder Woman they have two copies of Superman - Power Girl & Supergirl - plus Mary Marvel. That's four women near Superman & Captain Marvel's weight class.

For Marvel, how many female heroes have superhuman strength and can fly, below someone of skyfather level?
Miss Marvel, Thor Girl, Ultra Girl - that's all I come up with. I wouldn't put them quite near Superman/Captain Marvel level.

jalek moye
marvel
Lyra, She-Hulk, Ms marvel, Namora, Thundra

Q99
Well there is the subcategory of brick, the 'flying brick'.

Thunder's another grounded one, though. And Barda's flight comes from aero-disk, she's naturally a groundpounder.

Originally posted by Priest
Wonder Woman is the worst on the list.

Not when written well. She and Captain Marvel are pretty much the only two heroes who regularly get to stalemate Superman (and they stalemate each other too. Both are fairly similar in overall strength being godly champions).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.