Superboy vs Matrix Supergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Conner

vs

Matrix(no Earth Angel)

Who takes it?

darthgoober
Anyone?

fangirl101
matrix supergirl.

She's got more tricks.

Avlon
Matrix Supergirl in general had better feats though by the time he matured somewhat, he may have had a speed advantage.

Still, with things like basic matter manip (in the form of TK), shape shifting, invisibility, and TK blasts, she wasn fairly powerful and yet underated.

Add to that she was actually able to one shot pre crisis Supergirl (thought she hurt hurtself immensely doing so) and I would give this to Matrix.

guy222
matrix supergirl

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Avlon
Add to that she was actually able to one shot pre crisis Supergirl (thought she hurt hurtself immensely doing so) and I would give this to Matrix.

How could she one-shot a dead character? Didn't Matrix Supergirl come to be after COIE and Supergirl's death?

Avlon
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
How could she one-shot a dead character? Didn't Matrix Supergirl come to be after COIE and Supergirl's death?

Some kind of temporal breach allowed that Supergirl to end up in the present with Matrix.

Zack Fair
I am just curious...how well do you guys think Matrix Supergirl fare against Superboy Prime?

Pyron_Knight
Cool. What issue was this in?

Apart from beating PC Supergirl, I don't know of any feat she has that would give her good odds on EmoPrime. May be mistaken though.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I am just curious...how well do you guys think Matrix Supergirl fare against Superboy Prime?
She got turned into goo with one shot from DOS Superman. She's no where near that level of power.

Zack Fair
I was thinking about that too. I think Conner has her beat in raw power, but she does have the better of him when it comes to versatility.

Avlon
Originally posted by Zack Fair

She would get stomped.

Cool. What issue was this in?

Apart from beating PC Supergirl, I don't know of any feat she has that would give her good odds on EmoPrime. May be mistaken though.

Wish I could tell you. That series is pretty old by now. While she did get to KO PC Supergirl, I wouldn't say that she could beat her in a head on battle by any means.

She was definitely in the same level as Connor, if not higher though.

Avlon
Originally posted by fangirl101
She got turned into goo with one shot from DOS Superman. She's no where near that level of power.

When was this? Did you mean Doomsday?

Conner is nowhere near any Doomsdays level.

fangirl101
She would get stomped.

Wish I could tell you. That series is pretty old by now. While she did get to KO PC Supergirl, I wouldn't say that she could beat her in a head on battle by any means.

She was definitely in the same level as Connor, if not higher though.
No way she was in the same level as Conner and she got punked by Knock out.

Avlon
No way she was in the same level as Conner and she got punked by Knock out.

Connor had had issues with Knock Out as well.

Let me know when Connor can last more than 4 seconds with a roomful of Doomsdays.

fangirl101
Connor had had issues with Knock Out as well.

Let me know when Connor can last more than 4 seconds with a roomful of Doomsdays.
Matrix couldn't. And Conner had issues with knock out when he was like far less powerful. His powers grew and he became far superior to knock out.

Zack Fair
Too bad Conner was killed.

Pyron_Knight
Connor sucked balls.
Supergirl did too but it's a good thing for her.
smile

But seriously I liked Matrix Supergirl. I'm getting some issues with her now.

Eel O'Brien
Matrix meeting PC Supergirl happened at the end of her series, Issues #75-80.

Matrix could probably beat the early version of Superboy, but not the later version.

Matrix wouldn't do as well against SBP as Conner did.

Avlon
Matrix couldn't. And Conner had issues with knock out when he was like far less powerful. His powers grew and he became far superior to knock out.

Then again, Connor never ko'd a pc kryptonian.

fangirl101
Then again, Connor never ko'd a pc kryptonian.
That had to be a one time showing for matrix. She was doing terrible against knock out. She got burned by a plasma canon. She was pwned by DOS doomsday. With ONE HIT.

Eel O'Brien
That had to be a one time showing for matrix. She was doing terrible against knock out. She got burned by a plasma canon. She was pwned by DOS doomsday. With ONE HIT.

I agree on the one time showing.

Linda sucker-punched Kara, hurting her hand in the process. Kara didn't even lose consciousness.

That Linda was able to have any effect on her was likely due to liberal writing, much like how the Byrne Superman was able to fight Pocket Dimension Superboy.

Avlon

Knock out has given Connor an extremely tough time.
Fire was a bane for Connor for years.
DOS Doomsday would 1 shot Connor too...

Connor wouldn't be able to knock around even Byrne Superman the way Matrix has.

fangirl101
Knock out has given Connor an extremely tough time.
Fire was a bane for Connor for years.
DOS Doomsday would 1 shot Connor too...

Connor wouldn't be able to knock around even Byrne Superman the way Matrix has.
Um. There are at least two or three occasions where matrix has been hit so hard that she turns to goo. So um yeah. She's pretty much done in any fight where she gets hit too hard. And knock out wasn't even as strong as lashina in the furies. She's no where near colossus who is high meta.

Avlon
Um. There are at least two or three occasions where matrix has been hit so hard that she turns to goo. So um yeah. She's pretty much done in any fight where she gets hit too hard. And knock out wasn't even as strong as lashina in the furies. She's no where near colossus who is high meta.

OK, so Connor can hit as hard as Doomsday then? Connor can turn completely invisible to even kryptonian senses, manipulate matter, and hit with pure tk force?

Connor has been held in check by Steel.

fangirl101
OK, so Connor can hit as hard as Doomsday then? Connor can turn completely invisible to even kryptonian senses, manipulate matter, and hit with pure tk force?

Connor has been held in check by Steel.
conner is far more powerful than when he first debuted. Knock out gave conner and SG problems then. She wouldn't be a bother at his last stage of power. Which means he more powerful than her. is he more versatile. No.

Avlon
conner is far more powerful than when he first debuted. Knock out gave conner and SG problems then. She wouldn't be a bother at his last stage of power. Which means he more powerful than her. is he more versatile. No.

Conner still wasn't anywhere near as powerful as even Byrne Superman...who Matrix did quite respectfully against.

Considering he can't see her, she's at least as strong as he is, and has superior TK to him, exactly how is he beating her?

batdude123
Superboy.

fangirl101
Conner still wasn't anywhere near as powerful as even Byrne Superman...who Matrix did quite respectfully against.

Considering he can't see her, she's at least as strong as he is, and has superior TK to him, exactly how is he beating her?
she's more versatile. She's no where near his strength level. I stand by that. She doesn't even really have super strength. it's her tk that allows her to simulate it. knock out made her bleed by punching her into a rock. come on now.

Avlon
she's more versatile. She's no where near his strength level. I stand by that. She doesn't even really have super strength. it's her tk that allows her to simulate it. knock out made her bleed by punching her into a rock. come on now.

So TK let her KO PC Kara? Seriously...

It's no different with Connor. She still has comparable strength, a cloak that Connor in which Connor can't see/hear her, superior TK and speed.

So where is Connors advantage?

fangirl101
So TK let her KO PC Kara? Seriously...

It's no different with Connor. She still has comparable strength, a cloak that Connor in which Connor can't see/hear her, superior TK and speed.

So where is Connors advantage?
Conner is more powerful. I could do a whole thing but I"ll lay it down real quick.

Wonder Girl and Conner both have feats against SBP.
Matrix didn't get stronger until she merged with linda Danvers.
Then she got an energy boost when she got an angel.
Matrix got pwned by post crisis kryptonians.
Pwned By Doomsday.

Avlon
Conner is more powerful. I could do a whole thing but I"ll lay it down real quick.

Wonder Girl and Conner both have feats against SBP.

OK, by this time Matrix has been retired. Connor did well before dying....Kara still got to KO a pc kryptonian...which Connor wouldn't have been able to do even if he caught SBP by surprise.

Matrix didn't get stronger until she merged with linda Danvers.

Not particularly until she became Earth Angel.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/448/supermanv20210809rz8.th.jpghttp://img293.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gifhttp://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7302/supermanv20211011xd6.th.jpghttp://img293.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Connor would have no way to deal with this as his senses aren't even developed to the level of Byrne Supes.

Then she got an energy boost when she got an angel.

Agreed.

Matrix got pwned by post crisis kryptonians.

So has Connor. She had to deal with 3 simultaneously in her universe.

Pwned By Doomsday.

So would Connor. LOL

Pyron_Knight
Was Kara really KO'ed? O'Brian said she wasn't.

Avlon

I remember her carrying PC supergirl and putting her into the rocket that would send her back to her proper timeline.

tsscls
supergirl

Eel O'Brien

Linda stated on panel that she wasn't quite unconscious.

While Linda was carrying Kara to the rocket, Kara was still awake and coherent enough to ask if she could stay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.