Spider-man VS. Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
who wins?

SPIDER-MAN
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x255/mythicalmommy/Comic%20Favs/Spider-man/spidey1.jpg

VS.

CYCLOPS
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k358/a_poet_of_sorts/Cyclops.jpg

vansonbee
Spiderman wins this. He has agility, strength, and spider senses to match*

9/10 Spiderman

* Cyclop is moving up on the ladder :P from Bats to Spider

emporerpants
if cyke is allowed to take off his visor, than cyke wins easily. if not, then spiderman 7/10 due to his spider sense.

namorsubby
you think cyke could get it off before spidey can react?

sure, he can take his visor off.

Cavalier
Scott wins, if the starting distance is decent

redhotrash
Well, Cyclops can create a massively wide beam. Someone put a scan up of him taking out a forest, the blast damage looked like it was about 200+ feet long. So really this can depend on how far apart they are from each other. If Spider-Man can be hit by Shocker's beams, Cyclops should be able to as well. I'd give this 6/10 to Scott.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Cavalier
Scott wins, if the starting distance is decent

Co-signed...Current Cyclops would most definitely have no qualms about using lethal force so there goes the CIS.

namorsubby
Scott wins, if the starting distance is decent agreed. except less like "decent" and more like "far"

Cavalier
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Co-signed...Current Cyclops would most definitely have no qualms about using lethal force so there goes the CIS. The only wins that Parker gets are using webbing right off the bat, IMO.

Starscream M
where's this fight taking place?

in a city, Spiderman is likely to take majority imo

namorsubby
spidey wins is they start close. he wins if cyke doesn't take off the visor before he gets close. at long range though, he still has impact webbing.

Metalmanx
Distance is the key factor in this fight.

Badabing
Originally posted by namorsubby
who wins?

SPIDER-MAN
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x255/mythicalmommy/Comic%20Favs/Spider-man/spidey1.jpg

VS.

CYCLOPS
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k358/a_poet_of_sorts/Cyclops.jpg Originally posted by DigiMark007
Concerning the Battlefield
Unless otherwise stated by the thread originator, the standard distance between combatants will be .5 kilometers in line of sight at the onset of battle, and there will be an implied "buzz" to signify the onset of battle. It will be assumed combatants are primed to go at the gun.
Scott wins, if the starting distance is decent Originally posted by Starscream M
where's this fight taking place?

in a city, Spiderman is likely to take majority imo Originally posted by namorsubby
spidey wins is they start close. he wins if cyke doesn't take off the visor before he gets close. at long range though, he still has impact webbing. Originally posted by Metalmanx
Distance is the key factor in this fight.

namorsubby
fine.

new york city. they start 10 yards away from each other.

edit:

for some reason........i thought you were coming to close this. smile

Metalmanx
fine.

new york city. they start 10 yards away from each other.

edit:

for some reason........i thought you were coming to close this. smile

30 feet away AND in NYC? Spidey wins.

Starscream M
In NYC, I think Spidey wins majority.

Scott wouldnt unleash an omega beam in an area with so many civilians. He would be hard pressed to use his beams too much at all in fear of collateral damage. So Spidey will be fighting a disadvantaged Cyclops.

namorsubby
spidey was disadvantaged at .5 kilometers in his line of sight.

Wei Phoenix
Cyclops.

namorsubby
if magneto can dodge the beam.......spidey can.laughing

Cavalier
spidey was disadvantaged at .5 kilometers in his line of sight. And now Cyclops is disadvantaged at .009 (ish) kilometers.

Funny how that works.

namorsubby
you weren't complaining before.

Badabing
Originally posted by Starscream M
Scott wouldnt unleash an omega beam in an area with so many civilians. dur

psycho gundam
spider-man knows a lot about cyclops to begin with, and vise-versa.it's not like batman or some other guy who only has very basic knowledge.

spider-man might not even need his spidey-sense for long knowing his opponent is the leader of the x-men, and the fight is in his own turf.

but it gets tricky because of that.

------------------------------------------

imo this is how it goes down.....

*bell goes off*

pete preemptively dodges the quick draw beam he "knows" cyclops will fire at him, but he realizes he didn't fire since his ss didn't go off. cyclops knows he can predict attacks so he lets spider-man get airborne to isolate him.

he fires a beam and the ss kicks in and spider-man takes a shot to the chest or back that knocks him into some trash cans. cyclops going for an end run heads over to where SM landed ready to fire off the ko shot, he moves the trash with his feet but he finds nothing, he then starts to realize SM is still active and starts scanning the area.

meanwhile, spider-man is hiding behind a nearby building feeling for broken bones. he uses the time to create a strategy to trap scott in a web without taking or dealing too much damage.

cyclops wanting to cover his back strafes against a wall in the area where SM fell, he moves over to a corner of the building and sees a part of SM's costume near some cans, and quickly ambushes him with his eyes ready to fire.

cyke says: "what the..?" as it was only SM's costume behind the cans, and just as that registers, peter parker knocks him into a pre made web he quickly put together then promptly wraps the rest of him in webbing making sure to secure his head out of firing range.

a near naked peter parker says some snide remark then puts his shit back on.

spidey for the win.

big grin

Cavalier
you weren't complaining before. I'm not complaining...

namorsubby
good.

edit:

why do i always get a "screw namorsubby"? i just can't imagine why laughing

psycho gundam
sorry, had to vote for it.....it was too tempting. embarrasment ........... laughing

evil face

namorsubby
you agree.......that's good enough for me.big grin

Stoic
this seems like a whoever gets the first hit in type of scenario.

peejayd
* without PIS & CIS: Cyke's problem is the spider-sense... and if Spidey can maneuver his body (sans his super agility, speed & reflexes) to evade continuous (non-stop) barrage of optic blasts, then Spidey wins, smile

Bentley
There is CIS in this scenario. I like the fact Cyclops may win this one. Someone bump one against Wolverine.

emporerpants
spidey in this scenario. cyke won't use his omni blast in a crowded city. also, with the short distance, spidey will probably tag cyke.

guy222
S-M

Raoul
Cyclops.

d3str0ya10
In a crowded city me thinks not broh.

cloud102
It all depends on where they're fighting.

Spire
Cyclops blasts the city forcing Spider man to rescue civilians.

After, Cyclops beams him in the neck.

Badabing
Since no location was mentioned in the OP, it defaults to a featureless arena and they're a half kilometer/quarter mile apart. Don't see many options for Splidey...

Spire
So no NYC then.

Cyclops for a majority.

Raoul
Originally posted by d3str0ya10
In a crowded city me thinks not broh.

he's fought in cities before. the only thing he needs is distance.

Mindset
Cyclops wont get past Spiderman's web shield. smile

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindset
Cyclops wont get past Spiderman's web shield. smile

laughing out loud

gogogadgetgo
cyclops. scots no regular joe with eye beams. he's a battle hardened soldier. well trained and skilled in h2h and tactical operations hence his role as leader of the x-men.

cyclops gets no love in kmc

d3str0ya10
YEAH but peter aint no push over he can get down in some H2H also you saw the way he was fkn sandman up in that subway lol.
even if we are talkn bout the comic version spiderman FTW.

gogogadgetgo
YEAH but peter aint no push over he can get down in some H2H also you saw the way he was fkn sandman up in that subway lol.
even if we are talkn bout the comic version spiderman FTW.

dude! that's a lame example. if anything, that was a pathetic showing of spiderman with the symbiot (spelling?)

Kinkin
even if we are talkn bout the comic version spiderman FTW. laughing out loud

Oh dear lord.

Mindset
laughing out loud

Survivor19
I don't really think battle in NYC adds that much to SM's advantage.
That's just more surfaces for Scott to make his beam reflect from.
Scott can and will tag Parker with refleccted blast, throwing him off-balance, then KO/kill him.
Also, Summers can deflect webbing poured at him... Or shoot and destroy web cartridge ))))

Wild Shadow
spidey ftw, gunk in the visor will make it useless. either way scott isnt fast enough to keep up with spidey he has admitted in the past that he has had trouble hitting a blind prime sentinel. :P

rotiart
And yet has disarmed a room full of enemies with his eye blasts with such speed it made wolverine surprised.

As for spiderman knowing cyclops it would work the other way also cyclops knowing nightcrawler knows his reaction to a boas is to dodge a certain way. Same idea with spiderman. If dyke shoots left he knows spidey will go right...

The fight starts at 30 feet and in ny. Just cause they there doesn't mean anything other than no "lawn" blasts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.