Favorite comic issue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Whats your favorite Comic issue?
Mine would be Captain Marvel v3 #26
http://www.comicvine.com/captain-marvel-/37-80564/

guy222
Strange Tales #158
Thor 190
Thor 300
Eternals #6 Gaiman

jalek moye
every issue of Cable and Deadpool

steverules

Priest
Originally posted by guy222
Strange Tales #158
Thor 190
Thor 300
Eternals #6 Gaiman
Thor 300 was good, It shows how even the all powerful Odin is nothing to the Celestials, especially Arishem.
One of my Favorites big grin
Originally posted by jalek moye
Check out the solo Deadpool ongoing, i think its better than C/DP, so far...
Originally posted by steverules
Amazing spider-man #300, first fight spider-man had with Venom, cost me a little over £20 for that piece of spider-man history smile
Nice issue, that book is worth a lot of money i bet now.
Any ASM with Eddie is a classic.
I would safe that..

Priest
edit.

llagrok
Any comic where Thor, the Celestials or Guy Gardner kicks ass is a personal favourite. I also dig the New x-men issues with Kid Omega.

Entity
The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1, #121 & #122

It showed what being a hero really meant. And why anyone who really understood what the cost was wouldn't want it. To me that will always be the single greatest moment in comics & by far the most real.

IMO Thats how the movie should've went too. Just imagine the difference that version would have made! Keep her hair blond, call her Gwen like you should have and let history run its course.

It really showed for the first time in comics that being a hero wasn't about powers and good deeds but about sacrifice and what doing the right thing can cost you.

willRules
Umm any issue of Ultimates vol 1+2 yes

steverules
Originally posted by willRules
Umm any issue of Ultimates vol 1+2 yes

Have you been getting the issues from vol.3?

Endless Mike
Swamp Thing v3 #50

fangirl101
Grant Morrison's JLA Martian Run 1-4
Grant Morrison's Rock of Ages

Anything where Batman makes everyone else look like Lil Kids

steverules
The first series of batman vs Predator was good, I got the issues with the cardboard covers big grin

jumpmann
Kingdome Come #1
DKR #3
Watchmen #6
Sinestro Corps Special

DigiMark007
I'm gonna be a sap and say Amazing Spider-Man 500. Everything I love about the character, and very little that I don't.

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
Have you been getting the issues from vol.3?

I was gonna but I read the first issue and decided to drop it. It destroyed everything the first two volumes set up. It was like watching Jeph Loeb take a crap on Millar's artistic masterpiece.

uMrZ7lChK-g

Fortunately after vol4 Millar returns for vol 5 so that might be good yes

As for favourite comics, it's still early days but I'm loving the new Captain Britain series (issue 1 was sooo good). Scott Pilgrim is fantastic (vol/issue/whatever 4 was the best so far).

Probably the series that has been consistently fantastic and everyone should be reading is Brubaker's run on Captain America. It's amazing. (best issue? maybe #25)

DigiMark007
Also, whatever issue was coolest from the Sinestro Corps War. It's the only arc in recent memory where I was noticeably excited when new issues would come out. Just the right mix of good writing and old-fashioned cosmic superhero punchin'

BUSTER1
Hulk#377 the merging of Bruces 3 personalities

steverules
Originally posted by willRules
I was gonna but I read the first issue and decided to drop it. It destroyed everything the first two volumes set up. It was like watching Jeph Loeb take a crap on Millar's artistic masterpiece.

uMrZ7lChK-g

Fortunately after vol4 Millar returns for vol 5 so that might be good yes

As for favourite comics, it's still early days but I'm loving the new Captain Britain series (issue 1 was sooo good). Scott Pilgrim is fantastic (vol/issue/whatever 4 was the best so far).

Probably the series that has been consistently fantastic and everyone should be reading is Brubaker's run on Captain America. It's amazing. (best issue? maybe #25)

So Bucky makes a good cap then?

Darth Vicious
X-men # 25. My jaw dropped when Magneto ripped Wolvie's adamantium from his bones.

Disappear
Originally posted by jalek moye

agreed

Originally posted by Priest
Check out the solo Deadpool ongoing, i think its better than C/DP, so far...

i preferred deadpool's appearance in wolverine: origins more than a story in which he fights then apparently joins skrulls. he already teamed with the bad guys during civil war. the mascot body armor was cool, though. who knows how the series will turn out?

but yeah. C&DP fo' life.

HueyFreeman
Planet X issue two under Morrison for new X-men. That image of Magneto(later retconned) walking through manhattan while hes demolishing it reminds me of the apocalyptic issue of Miracle man 15

llagrok
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Planet X issue two under Morrison for new X-men. That image of Magneto(later retconned) walking through manhattan while hes demolishing it reminds me of the apocalyptic issue of Miracle man 15

That was awesome.

New X-men 151 was pretty epic too when Xorneto said "Give me death, make me immortal"

Philosophía
Originally posted by llagrok
That was awesome.

New X-men 151 was pretty epic too when Xorneto said "Give me death, make me immortal"

That is one of my all time favorite lines.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by HueyFreeman

I'm currently reading Alan Moore's Miracleman series.... nice to see other people have read it

llagrok

HueyFreeman
**** Xorn, we both know that was all Magneto 131 thumb up

ragesRemorse
I forget the issue numbers but i liked the two issues of the x-men which were apart of the fatal attraction series where Wolverine had his adamantium ripped out by Magneto. The following issue was aces too. Xavier went nuts on magneto and shut his mind off, turning him into a vegetable. Collosus then stayed with Magneto. That was a great series.

Juntai
I don't know what my top pick might be, but one that quickly comes to mind is Action 775 - What's so funny about truth justice and the American way?. One of the best Superman issues ever.

Spectre Year One is one of my personal favorites.

Archangel Studios -- of 'Red Star' fame for those of you in-the-know -- had a title called Assassin, only had 1 issue unless you include the limited 0 half issue deal, and it was absolutely incredible.

Civil War issue one, and Civil War The Confessions were both real good.

Obviously the Death of Superman.

Gimme some time and I'll pop up a few more probably.

Philosophía
**** Xorn, we both know that was all Magneto 131

If only things would have been different.

No drug/nazi Magneto, just him going crazy because of someone possibly killing Wanda/Pietro or something, and the X-Men coming to stop him. Similar to Black Adam.

Funny thing is, I still love reading that arc, despite Magneto being pretty much totally out of character. It was totally epic.

Anyway, as for the thread ...

The Killing Joke

Detecive Comics 826 - The Joker & Robin issue.

Detective Comics 741 - Joker kills Sarah

X-Men 1-3 - The entire storyline. The ending was made of awesome.

Spectre 12 - A great ending to a great arc.

And many more, but I don't have the time to list them all. smile

Stoic
Any comic where Thor, the Celestials or Guy Gardner kicks ass is a personal favourite. I also dig the New x-men issues with Kid Omega.

thumb up

Yeah I agree, Thor's run with the Celestials was truly epic, I wish they would come up with more stories like that. It was a great time to buy comics. Walt Simonson's run on Thor was good as well, that was when Beta Ray Bill was at his peak.

Stormbreaker was also amazing, the art was a little better than the story but overall a great read.

llagrok
Originally posted by Stoic
thumb up

Yeah I agree, Thor's run with the Celestials was truly epic, I wish they would come up with more stories like that. It was a great time to buy comics. Walt Simonson's run on Thor was good as well, that was when Beta Ray Bill was at his peak.

Stormbreaker was also amazing, the art was a little better than the story but overall a great read.

Co-sign.

Wish I had been alive when the Celestial arc with Thor was released smile

Philosophía
Co-sign.

Child ..

Stoic
Co-sign.

Don't feel bad I was really young at the time I think I was about 6 or 7, because those were the nearly the first comics I'd ever bought.

willRules
Originally posted by Juntai
Civil War issue one

thumb up yes

llagrok

psycho gundam
Co-sign.

Wish I had been alive when the Celestial arc with Thor was released smile i'd like to see superman take those shots thor dished out.

Galan007
all-star superman #6, #12
amazing spider-man vol. 2 #36 (the black issue)
v for vendetta #1

just a few that come to mind...

guy222
Ghost Rider Vol 1 #47, 81
Hulk #300
FF #257, 400
Amazing Spider Man #298-300

Kovacs86
Well, it's pretty much impossible for me to pick a favourite issue of Watchmen. Issue 6 was pretty awesome...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.