Weapons of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
In the not too distant future, a cold war has arisen. A new Axis of Evil threatens global war. The fate of humanity is uncertain, as the inevitable apocalyptic war draws nearer.

There have been rumors that the Axis of Evil have plotted their battle plans and strategies for many years. Increasingly disturbing is that they have acquired advanced technology that has never been seen. Also feared are their apparent development of Super Soldiers.

You, as the leader of the Technological Weapons department of the United Nations, must prepare for the deciding battle. All nations of this alliance has poured all resources and efforts into developing technology to compete with their enemies. Your budget allows you to complete one major project.

Here is a list of possible projects you can undertake:

Biological

* Rage Virus (28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later)
- One-time Airborne release
- Spreads up to at least 1 million square kilometers (may increase depending on wind and temperature)
- Infection method same as in the film.

*T-Virus (Resident Evil)
- One-time Airborne release
- Spreads up to at least 1 million square kilometers (may increase depending on wind and temperature)
- Infection method same as in the film.

Technological - Robotics

* Matrix Sentinels (The Matrix Trilogy)
- Army of 100

*Terminators (The Terminator Trilogy)
- Model T101 (Arnold)
- Army of 300

* Omnidroid (The Incredibles)
- Army of 200

* Robocop (Robocop Series/Movies)
- Army of 600

Technological - Human Operated

* Ironman (Ironman)
- Collaboration with Stark Industries to develop the Armor
- Wearer is Tony Stark.

* Lightsaber (Starwars)
- Production of 1000 Lightsabers to be used by elite soldiers.

* Predator Technology (Predator)
- 500 Soldiers to be outfitted with this technology.

Adamantium

* Adamantium Ammunition (Xmen)
- 7 months supply of small arms munitions to 300 elite special forces troopers.

* Lightweight Adamantium-Armored Vehicles (X-men)
- 200 Heavy Tanks
- 200 Attack Helicopters
- 50 F22 Raptors (In Scenario II - Increased to 200)

* Lightweight Adamantium Body Armor
- Supply for 2000 Soldiers

Physiological

* Goblin Super Soldier Serum (Spider-man Trilogy)
- Army of 250 (In Scenario II - Increased to 2000)
- Includes Goblin Gliders and technology
- Does not include disintegration bombs.

Alien

* Transformers (Transformers)
- All the Autobots in the film.
- In Scenario II - Includes all (reprogrammed) Decepticons.

* Alien Queen (Alien vs Predator)
- Alien Queen recovered from the ocean depths is released behind enemy lines.
- No control over alien.
- In Scenario II - includes 10 Alien Queen clones.

------------------------------------------

Which project would you choose?

SCENARIO I

- Choose only one (not a category). E.g "Adamantium Ammunition", NOT "Adamantium".

SCENARIO II

- Your budget has had a massive boost. You are now allowed to develop all the technologies of one category (E.g Biological or Techonogical-Robotics etc).

----------------------------------------

Things to remember:

- Any technology lost in the field may be used by the enemy against you (E.g Lightsaber, seized Adamantium technology, Viruses released back into your population etc).

- Assume enemy will also have impressive technologies available to them (E.g Don't assume choosing Terminators would result in a curb stomp).

---------------------------------------

Godspeed wink

Placidity
I think this topic deserves some posts at least for effort points.

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
The different scenarios makes it a bit too much.

Placidity
Hmm... there's only two though. Or you can just answer whichever one you want.

Placidity
If its confusing, heres the basic no bull summary:

Scenario I:
Pick any ONE weapon you would use in a war as described in OP.

Scenario II:
Same thing, except you pick one CATEGORY.

Rogue Jedi
Scenario one

*Terminators (The Terminator Trilogy)
- Model T101 (Arnold)
- Army of 300

Scenario two

* Ironman (Ironman)
- Collaboration with Stark Industries to develop the Armor
- Wearer is Tony Stark.

* Lightsaber (Starwars)
- Production of 1000 Lightsabers to be used by elite soldiers.

* Predator Technology (Predator)
- 500 Soldiers to be outfitted with this technology.

ragesRemorse
In Scenario 1 i'm definitely going with Alien. The only class i see opposing the Autobots is the Adamantium. considering that Adamantium is indestructible i would have to put my faith in Alien technology to oppose that armor. Although, i suppose you wouldn't have to destroy the adamantium armor itself, just the people inside.

Placidity
Ok for me...

Scenario I

I think maybe the Goblin SSS, because not only does it give an aerial advantage it also gives soldiers superhuman stats.

Scenario II

Most likely "Technological - Human Operated". Can't give a real reason, since I must admit some other options are just as good. But 500 invisible units with plasma cannons sounds cool. Obviously light sabers can do a lot of damage but at the same time the operators have to get up close which leaves themselves vulnerable.
Ironman seals the deal for me though.

Rogue Jedi
Scenario I has to be the Terminators, man.

Placidity
^ I think Omnidroids may be a better choice if you're going with a Robotics, since the T101's don't really have any damage output, and the Omnidroids are easily as durable as them.

On another note, Matrix Sentinels have an aerial advantage, but the downside is the much smaller army size.

NonSensi-Klown
For Scenario 1 I'd choose Iron Man.

For scenario 2 I'd choose Adamantium. There is nothing in any of the categories tha can defeat 200 adamantium encased F-22's (Though realstically an F-22 covered in Adamantium would be too heavy to take off and if able to take off would be very slow). The F-22's have top-notch firepower as well as speed. Add in the choppers and it's virtually overkill. Even the transformers were shown to have a vulnerability to 50 cal. bullets, adamantium bullets would be a pretty fast KO.

EDIT- Scratch that, for the 1st scenario 200 Heavy Tanks, 200 Attack Helicopters and 50 F22 Raptors all covered in Adamantium would destroy everything else.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
For Scenario 1 I'd choose Iron Man.

For scenario 2 I'd choose Adamantium. There is nothing in any of the categories tha can defeat 200 adamantium encased F-22's (Though realstically an F-22 covered in Adamantium would be too heavy to take off and if able to take off would be very slow). The F-22's have top-notch firepower as well as speed. Add in the choppers and it's virtually overkill. Even the transformers were shown to have a vulnerability to 50 cal. bullets, adamantium bullets would be a pretty fast KO.

EDIT- Scratch that, for the 1st scenario 200 Heavy Tanks, 200 Attack Helicopters and 50 F22 Raptors all covered in Adamantium would destroy everything else. You said "realistically." haermm

This is the movie versus forum.

NonSensi-Klown
Well... I know. That's why I didn't use it as a factor in my choosing.

Placidity
^ Klown, about being too heavy, that's why I specified "light weight" adamantium (even though there's no such thing).

The other thing is that while the armor is impenetrable, it doesn't mean the vehicle can't be downed. For example a concussive force by means of a missle will knock an air craft out of its flight pattern and possibly cause it to crash. Tanks are less vulnerable to this type of attack, but I guess it still can be flipped or affected by terrain.

Edit: I guessed I could have used Vibranium to counter the above problem, but the Captain America film won't be out till next year or the year after...

Rogue Jedi
Lightsabers FTW. They cut through ANYTHING. How well trained will the saber wielders be in the art of sword?

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Placidity
^ Klown, about being too heavy, that's why I specified "light weight" adamantium (even though there's no such thing).

Any metal thick enough to withstand being cut through by a steak-knife would be too heavy for most planes. But it doesn't matter; I was just making a small note, I know that this isn't based on reality.

The object in question would have to be hit with an incredibly powerful force in order for it to be knocked away so hard that it can't recover in the 30,000 feet of space the pilot has at his disposal. A jet fighter in particular... wouldn't have a whole lot to worry about.

Irregardless, none of the other forces can move fast enough, or don't have attacks fast enough and powerful enough, to do that. F-22's move twice as fast as sound (mach 2). Iron Man might be the only possible cotender ,but there's only one of him.

This is of course based on he hope that whatever object is doing the flipping isn't blown in half first. no expression

Placidity
^ Of course. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows they aren't invincible, or else there wouldn't be much of a discussion at all...

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lightsabers FTW. They cut through ANYTHING. How well trained will the saber wielders be in the art of sword?

Well, I don't remember if I mentioned it. But first of all Soldiers getting any equipment are going to be Special Forces troopers, meaning they are already the most elite. Secondly, I'll add now that they will receive all necessary training for effective use of their equipment and weapons.

On another note, Adamantium ammunition IMO could possibly be more potent than a lightsaber. I guess it'll depend on the scenario, but imagine badasses with miniguns just mowing down everything in its path.

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, I get you.

But, seriously. Out of the forces that you have listed, there is no one that can tag the F-22's with their weaponry... and even the helicopters are pretty badass. You didn't specify what type of helicopter so I just looked for the most generic copter and the one that I found is the Cobra... which has a top speed of 352 km/h, though a copter can get taken out pretty easily even with Adamantium.

Consdering adamantium is supposedly indestructible if a bullet were to hit a lightsaber it could theoretically go right through it...

Placidity
Yeah, I get you.

But, seriously. Out of the forces that you have listed, there is no one that can tag the F-22's with their weaponry... and even the helicopters are pretty badass. You didn't specify what type of helicopter so I just looked for the most generic copter and the one that I found is the Cobra... which has a top speed of 352 km/h, though a copter can get taken out pretty easily even with Adamantium.

Consdering adamantium is supposedly indestructible if a bullet were to hit a lightsaber it could theoretically go right through it...

One thing you forgot is that the Axis of Evil have high tech stuff too, so it wouldn't be wise to assume they won't have some sort of counter-measure for most things.

And btw, Soldiers won't be able to deflect/block any types of bullets with Lightsabers because that skill requires the force, which they don't have.

EDIT: BTW The enemy forces don't get whatever you don't pick. The list is just a list of possible projects that you can choose to develop. What the enemy has is unknown.

But anyway, Klown I think there are a few on the list that can match a Raptor's speed, such as Ironman, Megatron or Starscream (in scenario II, Starscream IS a F22 raptor btw) and MAYBE the Matrix Sentinels, I dunno.

Darth Martin
If the 600 RoboCop's had adamantium bullets.............

NonSensi-Klown
Well... feel free to tell me what kind of high-tech counter measure their is for an indestructible
plane that moves faster than any weapon can really target... only thing I can think of is EMP's to drop the computer system, but that would screw everything.

As for Robocop. They would get mowed down because they can't possibly manage to tag a jet moving faster than sound.

AngryManatee
Well... feel free to tell me what kind of high-tech counter measure their is for an indestructible
plane that moves faster than any weapon can really target... only thing I can think of is EMP's to drop the computer system, but that would screw everything.

As for Robocop. They would get mowed down because they can't possibly manage to tag a jet moving faster than sound.

You have to factor in though that the F-22 does not fly at Mach 2 exclusively. Only with afterburner, which is not often, and only occurs at high altitudes. More often it's only supercruising at Mach 1.8 and is subsonic for maneuvering and weapons deployment. Not to mention They still have a noticeable heat signature so you can still stick a heatseaker up its tailpipe (unless adamantium plane includes adamantium turbofan engines I suppose), or you could even use radar-guided if you have something that's the equivalent of the old F-14D Tomcat's APG-71 radar/ IRST combo.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by AngryManatee
You have to factor in though that the F-22 does not fly at Mach 2 exclusively. Only with afterburner, which is not often, and only occurs at high altitudes. More often it's only supercruising at Mach 1.8 and is subsonic for maneuvering and weapons deployment.

I'm not referring to attack speed, only flight speed.

I'm assuming all of the metal is replaced with Adamantium.

AngryManatee

I'm assuming all of the metal is replaced with Adamantium.

Even then, I'm sure if you hit it with a big enough missile, you can scramble whoever's inside the plane with the impact.

NonSensi-Klown
Big enough, yeah. Maybe.. not sure.

Placidity
Well... feel free to tell me what kind of high-tech counter measure their is ...

Um, advanced fictional tech that you've never heard of? stick out tongue That is one point of the topic.

And btw, the Vehicles are only armored with Adamantium, not made of it. Not sure if that should include the "fans" or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.