Superman runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Yes I know the order's messed up and yes I meant for it to be that way. Supes gets a 2 minute break between each match to catch his breath and the's no BFR allowed. How far does he make it...

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Apollo
3. The Flash I (Jay)
4. Ikaris
5. Red Tornado
6. Nova(current)
7. Jade

Endrict Nuul
PIS off or on and same for CIS?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
PIS off or on and same for CIS?
PIS is off, CIS is on.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by darthgoober
PIS is off, CIS is on.

In that case... Superman clears it.

Endrict Nuul
Is Supes running or can he fly also?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Is Supes running or can he fly also?
We'll ground him for his fight with Jay, but other than that he's allowed to fly.

fangirl101
I don't see how two minutes rest is enough. after MM gives him a good fight, He'll get a couple lumps in with Apollo and then Jay will tap the speed force like he did against Black Adam and Supers May be worn down by then. Ikaris would surely finish the job.

Avlon
Clears it. He dealt with far more in "endgame."

Harbinger
Clears.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by darthgoober
We'll ground him for his fight with Jay, but other than that he's allowed to fly.

I know......just pulling yer leg man...

carver9
Martian at his best is> supes, he stops at 1. If martian dont want superman touching him then it aint happening.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
Martian at his best is> supes, he stops at 1. If martian dont want superman touching him then it aint happening.
Superman would just alternate his heat vision to match the phase frequency of MM. Or Vibrate and scatter MM's intagible molecules all over the place.

iceman24567
Clears it.

carver9
Originally posted by fangirl101
Superman would just alternate his heat vision to match the phase frequency of MM. Or Vibrate and scatter MM's intagible molecules all over the place.

and I guess that martian manhunter is just going to stand there and let that happen since he IS physically everything superman is.

fangirl101
and I guess that martian manhunter is just going to stand there and let that happen since he IS physically everything superman is.
I'm guessing that you haven't read too many DC books have you? martian's have to concentrate in order to keep up the level of strength it takes to take on superman. That is why Protex had to resort to shape changing to keep up with Supers.

Endless Mike
For once I actually agree with carver, J'onn has the potential to be much stronger than Superman but usually isn't written that way due to Supes' jobber aura

I think in a straight fight based on their abilities and with them both bloodlusted I would give the nod to the Martian

iceman24567
I always and forever will say Superman > Martian Manhunter. Superman has the upper hand in the strength department, speed and durability but the Martian is more versatile, smarter and his regenerative abilities could even it out but Clark would wear him down pound him until he's puddy.

carver9
I'm guessing that you haven't read too many DC books have you? martian's have to concentrate in order to keep up the level of strength it takes to take on superman. That is why Protex had to resort to shape changing to keep up with Supers.

I know that but overrall martian manhunter just possess much more power then superman. He can physically boost his stats, he is already as strong as superman, turn intangible, grow, shrink, can basically create four arms that have the same strength as superman. Martian manhunter is a amped plastic man but he is downplayed just like everyone else on the jla is downplayed to make a character look good. Physically martian manhunter is superman but with other more exotic and powerful abilities. Even superman admitted that the martian is more powerful then him.

fangirl101
I know that but overrall martian manhunter just possess much more power then superman. He can physically boost his stats, he is already as strong as superman, turn intangible, grow, shrink, can basically create four arms that have the same strength as superman. Martian manhunter is a amped plastic man but he is downplayed just like everyone else on the jla is downplayed to make a character look good. Physically martian manhunter is superman but with other more exotic and powerful abilities. Even superman admitted that the martian is more powerful then him.
The Martian Manhunter can amp himself to superman level stats. But he doesn't start out that way. And he can't keep it up. Too much pounding and he goes puddy.
He has more powers than Superman. But Superman has far more uses and versatile ways of using his powers than MM.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
I always and forever will say Superman > Martian Manhunter. Superman has the upper hand in the strength department, speed and durability but the Martian is more versatile, smarter and his regenerative abilities could even it out but Clark would wear him down pound him until he's puddy.

You do know that it was stated that martian manhunter was the only person that could keep up with super girl when she flew off and super girl= superman. Durability, I agree, I give a very small edge but its not enough to change the outcome of this fight since martial have the ability to hurt superman.

I hate the martian but he get downplayed so much on the forum. If there is anyone on the jla that has the ability to give surfer a fight I would choose martian manhunter.

iceman24567
Sure more powerful but Superman uses what he has better than the Martian if you ask me.

carver9
The Martian Manhunter can amp himself to superman level stats. But he doesn't start out that way. And he can't keep it up. Too much pounding and he goes puddy.
He has more powers than Superman. But Superman has far more uses and versatile ways of using his powers than MM.

Show me one scan where martian manhunter went down due to him not keeping his stats up and how is superman going to pound on someone that he cant touch and even if martian didnt go intagible he still have the ability to go fist to fist with superman.

fangirl101
You do know that it was stated that martian manhunter was the only person that could keep up with super girl when she flew off and super girl= superman. Durability, I agree, I give a very small edge but its not enough to change the outcome of this fight since martial have the ability to hurt superman.

I hate the martian but he get downplayed so much on the forum. If there is anyone on the jla that has the ability to give surfer a fight I would choose martian manhunter.
MM was the only one left who could fly that fast. It's not like she had any chance of winning with Superman and Wonder Woman ready to kick her ass.

fangirl101
Show me one scan where martian manhunter went down due to him not keeping his stats up and how is superman going to pound on someone that he cant touch and even if martian didnt go intagible he still have the ability to go fist to fist with superman.
No. You dont' like Superman and that is pretty evident. MM can't beat Superman. Can't even go toe to toe for an extended period of Time. He has many ways to fight Superman, but mostly on the defensive end.

carver9
Sure more powerful but Superman uses what he has better than the Martian if you ask me.

So lets say if martian decides to go intagible and stick his hand in supermans chest and become back tangible gripping supermans heart, do you think that fight would be over with?

Priest
MM>Supes
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic158.jpg
shifty

fangirl101
So lets say if martian decides to go intagible and stick his hand in supermans chest and become back tangible gripping supermans heart, do you think that fight would be over with?
No. Superman would match the intangibility with vibrations.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
MM>Supes
messedhifty:
Um. That's Ultraman. Not Superman.

carver9
MM>Supes
messedhifty:

laughing

pure versatility.

iceman24567
Like Superman would get pwned like Ultraman did.

carver9
No. Superman would match the intangibility with vibrations.

Fan girl, youre so difficult. Martian manhunter has 100's of ways to defeat superman a better match up would have been surfer. How about this, how about martian manhunter reading superman mind knowing every move that he is going to make before he do it and dont say that martian cant penetrate supermans mind because he did it and still is doing it throughout jla.

carver9
Like Superman would get pwned like Ultraman did.

So you cant see that happening to superman?

Priest
Um. That's Ultraman. Not Superman.
No, Its Superman but with less experience shifty

Avlon
So you cant see that happening to superman?

Nope. Especially considered that Ultraman was already weakened there. laughing

fangirl101
No, Its Superman but with less experience shifty
Um no. They don't even have the exact same powers. Thought you knew.

carver9
No. You dont' like Superman and that is pretty evident. MM can't beat Superman. Can't even go toe to toe for an extended period of Time. He has many ways to fight Superman, but mostly on the defensive end.

So since I'm not like you and think that superman can beat odin I must hate him. Do you want to know something, the same arguments that I have used against superman I have also used it against martian manhunter, wonder woman, supergirl, gladiator, sentry, hyperion, etc... Its not the hate for the characters, its there showings that gives me my judgement. You think that wonderwoman can walk over hulk due to her being so fast. Her showings have her getting stomped by hulk like beings, so since hulk strength and durability is>>almost any brick that wonder woman has fought, I would give him the majority. That dont mean I hate her but her showings gave me my answer.

emporerpants
superman would stomp mm all day long.

iceman24567
Not sure if the Martian could read his mind as easily as you say he has some resistance you know. Plus even Batman with straight will power tricked the Martian when he was trying to read his mind.

fangirl101
So since I'm not like you and think that superman can beat odin I must hate him. Do you want to know something, the same arguments that I have used against superman I have also used it against martian manhunter, wonder woman, supergirl, gladiator, sentry, hyperion, etc... Its not the hate for the characters, its there showings that gives me my judgement. You think that wonderwoman can walk over hulk due to her being so fast. Her showings have her getting stomped by hulk like beings, so since hulk strength and durability is>>almost any brick that wonder woman has fought, I would give him the majority. That dont mean I hate her but her showings gave me my answer.
what the hell are you talking about? I've never given Superman a win over Odin? Are you high? Wondy gets stomped by Hulk like beings? Who? With her at full capacity? She's held her own against Amazo who pwns Any and ALL hulk like beings. Get a grip.

carver9
Originally posted by Avlon
Nope. Especially considered that Ultraman was already weakened there. laughing

Show me where ultraman was depowered and didnt ultraman stalemate superman and has also defeated superman. He is superman= due to there encounter but going by showings superman>ultraman but who in comics has more feats then superman, he has about 10 comics that presents him a month.

Avlon
Show me where ultraman was depowered and didnt ultraman stalemate superman and has also defeated superman. He is superman= due to there encounter but going by showings superman>ultraman but who in comics has more feats then superman, he has about 10 comics that presents him a month.

Translation: I don't want to believe it, and don't know any better so do the work for me and that will give me time to try and dispute it anyway.

How about you do your own research. I know both characters well (a lot better than you do for sure) and know that Superman pwns the Martian.

carver9
Not sure if the Martian could read his mind as easily as you say he has some resistance you know. Plus even Batman with straight will power tricked the Martian when he was trying to read his mind.

Martian does it on a daily basis in jla. He can easily tap into supermans mind. Despero has even shown the ability to do this and despero tp=mm

carver9
Originally posted by Avlon
How about you do your own research. I know both characters well (a lot better than you do for sure) and know that Superman pwns the Martian.

how about you provide proof to back up your statement and on kmc martian>supes. Ultraman is superman equal ON PANEL, thats plane and clear since superman has stated this on numerous of occasions and since ultraman has defeated/stalemated superman.

emporerpants
carver, when do you provide proof of anything YOU say? anytime anyone shows you a scan, especially about superman, you always ignore or try to unsuccessfully refute it.

fangirl101
Martian does it on a daily basis in jla. He can easily tap into supermans mind. Despero has even shown the ability to do this and despero tp=mm
Are you crazy? Despero's Tp is far stronger than MM's. Are you kidding me? Lulz.

iceman24567
Martian does it on a daily basis in jla. He can easily tap into supermans mind. Despero has even shown the ability to do this and despero tp=mm He does it to communicate with him when have you seen J'onn trying to attack Superman with tp? Superman is very resistant to telepathy and no Despero > J'onn. You would be mistaken saying J'onn would be reading Superman's mind in their fight not happening.

carver9
what the hell are you talking about? I've never given Superman a win over Odin? Are you high? Wondy gets stomped by Hulk like beings? Who? With her at full capacity? She's held her own against Amazo who pwns Any and ALL hulk like beings. Get a grip.

so you dont remember saying that superman would blitz odin?

carver9
He does it to communicate with him when have you seen J'onn trying to attack Superman with tp? Superman is very resistant to telepathy and no Despero > J'onn. You would be mistaken saying J'onn would be reading Superman's mind in their fight not happening.

So you honestly think that superman can resist one of the highest order of telepath in dc? confused

carver9
Originally posted by emporerpants
carver, when do you provide proof of anything YOU say? anytime anyone shows you a scan, especially about superman, you always ignore or try to unsuccessfully refute it.

emporerpants, I dont even know who you are, I guess youre referring to my thoughts on the superman vs goku thread. Let me make you more madder then you currently are,

Goku 10/10 against supes and easily, very easy. smile

emporerpants
if you don't know who i am than how did you know what thread we talked in? way to contradict yourself in the same post, and way to go totally off topic. superman crushes mm. what do you have to prove that mm would win? oh, and provide scans, since you always ask everyone else for them.

iceman24567
So you honestly think that superman can resist one of the highest order of telepath in dc? confused One of the highest sure but Superman has uber resistance it would take some serious concentration for J'onn to enter his mind unwanted Superman actually fights telepathy.

carver9
if you don't know who i am than how did you know what thread we talked in? way to contradict yourself in the same post, and way to go totally off topic. superman crushes mm. what do you have to prove that mm would win? oh, and provide scans, since you always ask everyone else for them.

I just seen the superman punching goku picture on your logo, thats where I got the idea of you viewing my post. I never said anything about mm for me to need to provide a scan. Everything that I have said is within his ability. What is it that you need a scan for?

Juntai
Don't bother arguing with him about Superman.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431399& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Superman%29+userid%3A2866

Wolverine AOA vs Superman.

I just cant see superman winning this fight alone

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7685788& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Superman%29+userid%3A2866
4#post7685788

Superman vs Cannonball.

cannonball wins this. Superman dont have a way of harming him

There's page after page of examples. He enters every Superman thread, or creates them, just to reply and say he loses.

iceman24567
Ok i see your point i will ignore all of his posts in any Superman vs thread.

Endrict Nuul
Ok i see your point i will ignore all of his posts in any Superman vs thread.

Just do what I do and thats put him on the ignore list. This way I dont see any of his crap.

Wei Phoenix
Tahaha he thinks that Supes can't beat Wolverine?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juntai

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431399& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Superman%29+userid%3A2866

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7685788& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Superman%29+userid%3A2866
4#post7685788

Superman vs Cannonball.

There's page after page of examples. He enters every Superman thread, or creates them, just to reply and say he loses.
I'm glad you showed us these. And the list grows.

Wei Phoenix
Wait a minute AoA Wolverine can beat Supes. I mean it's not like Supes has invuln...well Supes can be affected by magic and Wolverine is a mutant and mutant powers aren't magical...wait, well Supes can't really hurt Wolverine due to his healing factor I mean he only breaks planets and adamantium is the hardest substance known to man. Uh maybe he'll coat his claws with kryptonite? wacko

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wait a minute AoA Wolverine can beat Supes. I mean it's not like Supes has invuln...well Supes can be affected by magic and Wolverine is a mutant and mutant powers aren't magical...wait, well Supes can't really hurt Wolverine due to his healing factor I mean he only breaks planets and adamantium is the hardest substance known to man. Uh maybe he'll coat his claws with kryptonite? wacko

And God forbid Superman bfring Wolverine, God knows that wont happen. roll eyes (sarcastic) Or Logan wont even come close to touching Supes. roll eyes (sarcastic) that guy is a joke.

Redlineshifter
Anyway... The scan showing MM beating Ultraman with TP is invalid. Ultraman is human with no more mental defense than a regular human. It has been stated on panel several times that Superman's Kryptonian brain can resist telepathy.

Can MM use it? Probably. Will it be an easy win? No.

Zack Fair
Didn't Supes state that he could catch Kara if he wanted to after he schooled her by telling her that not everything they say is true while punching her ass?

And Superman has schooled Ultraman too in Trinity which is pretty much the KMC Supes.

carver9
you all are some idiots wolverine from age of apocalypse worked for apocalypse. He was 10 feet tall, invulnerable, with unlimited strength, super speed, can control people and take over there body and was physically stronger then anyone in the entire saga and was stated as being more powerful then juggernaut. He defeated the entire xmen in one panel that also included magneto with nothing but physical might. The wolverine in aoa was referred to as wolverine, they called him weapon x and yes superman would beat weapon x in half a panel.

Two different wolveirnes

Adult cannonball stalemated fury, is invulnerable and can absorb everything kinetic. How can you beat someone that can basically absorb your attacks and send it back at you.

ultimatethor
Superman clears it.

carver9
Originally posted by Juntai

4#post7685788

Superman vs Cannonball.

Read on the characters before passing judgement, I even put a scan of the character up in the threads.

iceman24567
you all are some idiots wolverine from age of apocalypse worked for apocalypse. He was 10 feet tall, invulnerable, with unlimited strength, super speed, can control people and take over there body and was physically stronger then anyone in the entire saga and was stated as being more powerful then juggernaut. He defeated the entire xmen in one panel that also included magneto with nothing but physical might. The wolverine in aoa was referred to as wolverine, they called him weapon x and yes superman would beat weapon x in half a panel.

Two different wolveirnes

Adult cannonball stalemated fury, is invulnerable and can absorb everything kinetic. How can you beat someone that can basically absorb your attacks and send it back at you. Ok so now we are all idiots because we dont believe the garbage you type? Thats cool with as long as this ignore function works properly I will be a happy idiot Superman clears this and one shots Aoa Wolverine with one finger.

Wei Phoenix

Two different wolveirnes

Adult cannonball stalemated fury, is invulnerable and can absorb everything kinetic. How can you beat someone that can basically absorb your attacks and send it back at you.

Unlimted strength? No and Juggernaut would stomp him, strength means nothing when you have durability counter said strength. Didn't Cyclops take his hand? If cyclops concussive force beams can do that then Supes laser vision can do the same. If wolverine was so powerful in AoA then why didn't he kill Apocalypse? Superman is faster, stronger, smarter, more powerful. Superman can beat the X-Men in one panel.

snyper1982
I like superman more, but I would say MM would take at least 5/10 with Clark. So he may or may not make it past 1. If he does the next shouldn't be as tough.

iceman24567
Unlimted strength? No and Juggernaut would stomp him, strength means nothing when you have durability counter said strength. Didn't Cyclops take his hand? If cyclops concussive force beams can do that then Supes laser vision can do the same. If wolverine was so powerful in AoA then why didn't he kill Apocalypse? Superman is faster, stronger, smarter, more powerful. Superman can beat the X-Men in one panel. Half a panel is all he needs to be honest.

carver9
Unlimted strength? No and Juggernaut would stomp him, strength means nothing when you have durability counter said strength. Didn't Cyclops take his hand? If cyclops concussive force beams can do that then Supes laser vision can do the same. If wolverine was so powerful in AoA then why didn't he kill Apocalypse? Superman is faster, stronger, smarter, more powerful. Superman can beat the X-Men in one panel.

Did you not read my post THAT IS A DIFFERENT WOLVERINE, the wolverine that youre talking about is named weapon x, WOLVERINE worked for apocalypse.

Wei Phoenix
yeah agreed, because mutant powers does not equal magic. "Oooh you have claws, ooh you have eye beams, oooh you're a telepath, oooh you can charge kinetic energy"

Wei Phoenix
Did you not read my post THAT IS A DIFFERENT WOLVERINE, the wolverine that youre talking about is named weapon x, WOLVERINE worked for apocalypse.

Well if he was the strongest then why did he serve Apocalypse? Both versions get stomped by Supes and Juggernaut.

snyper1982
LULZ at supes fighting ANY version of wolverine. He could beat every version of wolverine at the same time, and still have time to please Lois before the end of the first panel.

Wei Phoenix
it's so funny that his avatar is a pic of superman but he has so little faith in him.

Enyalus
Superman gets stopped at #3, the Flash. Not because he's Flash and its KMC, but because four minutes isn't enough time to recover from Manhunter and Apollo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by snyper1982
I like superman more, but I would say MM would take at least 5/10 with Clark. So he may or may not make it past 1. If he does the next shouldn't be as tough. It is pretty close. People underrate MM and I think unjustly. I give it to Superman 6 out of ten but basically agree with you.

Ok so now we are all idiots because we dont believe the garbage you type? Thats cool with as long as this ignore function works properly I will be a happy idiot Superman clears this and one shots Aoa Wolverine with one finger. Quit bashing him and respond to his points not him directly.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by quanchi112

Quit bashing him and respond to his points not him directly.

Well he did bash us first tbh.

quanchi112
Well he did bash us first tbh. Oh,didnt read that far back. Bada put me in charge. Just everyone stop. Thanks.

Wei Phoenix
no problem....wait Quan's in charge?! Everyone who hates Thanos better run! Judgment is coming!!! It's 1984 all over again!

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
It is pretty close. People underrate MM and I think unjustly. I give it to Superman 6 out of ten but basically agree with you.

Quit bashing him and respond to his points not him directly. No how about you try reading the thread before targeting me i could care less what you or Carver think because for one he called all of us idiots probably you too eek! and i never bashed him so future apology not accepted.

Wei Phoenix
No how about you try reading the thread before targeting me i could care less what you or Carver think because for one he called all of us idiots probably you too eek! and i never bashed him so future apology not accepted.

dude he already corrected himself, no need to jump on him.

iceman24567
dude he already corrected himself, no need to jump on him. Only if you knew how many times this guy has targeted my posts from out of nowhere to tell me i am wrong because i don't have scans no expression. Yeah anyways Carver tried to make some points but he really doesn't know that much about Superman so we all ignore him then he calls us idiots? Whatever whatever Superman clears it i am hungry laters for this thread.

Batman-Prime
MM is Supes Equal, 50-50 there, if Supes makes it past 1 he clears it.

Wei Phoenix
oh well nevermind, I'm gonna remain neutral and not get in that. Do me a favor though and bring me back something to eat. It must taste better than whatever you eat.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Endless Mike
For once I actually agree with carver, J'onn has the potential to be much stronger than Superman but usually isn't written that way due to Supes' jobber aura

I think in a straight fight based on their abilities and with them both bloodlusted I would give the nod to the Martian how is martian manhunter greater?

quanchi112
No how about you try reading the thread before targeting me i could care less what you or Carver think because for one he called all of us idiots probably you too eek! and i never bashed him so future apology not accepted. I was obviously joking. Chill iceman.

iceman24567
I'm always chilled no expression.

emporerpants
supes beats mm and clears it.

Avlon
how about you provide proof to back up your statement and on kmc martian>supes. Ultraman is superman equal ON PANEL, thats plane and clear since superman has stated this on numerous of occasions and since ultraman has defeated/stalemated superman.

thumb down fail.

thumb up smart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.