Darth Sidious runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sup3rman1521
ROTS Darth Sidious has a day of rest between fights.

1) ROTJ Luke Skywalker
2) AOTC Obi-Wan
3) General Grievous with two lightsabers (Sidious cannot use the Force against him)
4) 150 Superbattle droids surrounding him from everywhere around
5) Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Darth Revan

Gideon
He goes down at five, pretty hard.

Now, this might be attributed to my current fetish for General Grievous, but would it be a mistake to say that the Emperor would be hard pressed to defeat the cyborg? I have no doubt that he win, but I wonder to what degree of difficulty.

Master Crimzon
General Grievous with two lightsabers? Totally unfair. Sidious destroys him. Four lightsabers? Sidious wins, but with difficulty.

Jbill311
Force Lightning spam would be dangerous for Grievous- I see a Vaderesque electrocution in the works. Sabers, I think Sidious might not be able to move at more than 23 striker/second, and would have a bit of a problem. (damn keyboard- my brother dropped a soda in it and its been screwed up ever since. The letter 'P' sticks.) Should I start a Sidious/Grievous Saber battle thread?

Gideon
He can't use the Force against Grievous. It's one of the stipulations.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Jbill311
Should I start a Sidious/Grievous Saber battle thread?

I doubt that it's necessary. Grievous doesn't really have a chance.

Gideon
He's one of the very few characters who (if written correctly) is as badass or more badass than His Imperial Majesty. That counts for something.

Enyalus
Yeah. He's stopped at 5. Definitely.

Gideon
I was so dying to respond with:

"NOOEZ DO NOT BAIT ME!"

But I've made my point already. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Sidious would get beat by Johun Othone in sabers and the force badly. Man, Sidious sucks hard.

Gideon
Indeed.

See?

^ Very easy to type. Even easier to ignore, if you so choose. You needn't go "LOLZ LIGHTSNAKE STOP SAYING THAT I CANT TAKE IT!"

You'll learn, grasshopper.

Enyalus
But, but, but...you were expecting it! I was blindsided. Like, "What? Where the **** did that assinine crap come from?"

Faunus
HAHA GREEVUS SUX CIDEUS SUX PUBLIUS SUX

truejedi
I'm gonna throw out there that he loses at 4. 150 to 1? surrounding him? He better put up his very best lightning storm ever, even then... 150 to 1? Give a superbattle droid SOME credit.

Faunus
Can he use the Force in #4?

Lightsnake
I should damn well hope so.

truejedi
probably. If he can't, even more-so forget and goodnight for him. it goes to 0/10 in that scenario.

Enyalus
Yeah, but guys: Yoda and Obi-Wan took on 'thousands' of clone troopers - 'multiple battalions' - when attempting to get back into the Jedi Temple.

You really think Sidious taking on 150 super battle droids would be an issue, even only using a lightsaber?

truejedi
does it say the "thousands" part? cause i would love to see that. and as far as battalions go, i was under the impression they weren't that big. (the one outpost they slaughter in the novelization, and the skirmish in the movie are the only combatants i know of they fight) where does it say thousands?

Enyalus
*sigh* Dude...you're lucky I have the book open.

Hehe, kidding:

'Thousands of clone troops swarmed the Jedi Temple. Multiple battalions on each level were not just an occupying force, but engaged in the long, painstaking process of preparing dead bodies for positive identification. The Jedi dead were to be tallied against the rolls maintained in the Temple archives; the clone dead would be cross-checked with regimental rosters. All the dead had to be accounted for.'

So it's even worse than I recall - multiple battalions on each level.

Sup3rman1521
Yes Palpatine can use the Force in stage 4

truejedi
Originally posted by Enyalus
*sigh* Dude...you're lucky I have the book open.

Hehe, kidding:

'Thousands of clone troops swarmed the Jedi Temple. Multiple battalions on each level were not just an occupying force, but engaged in the long, painstaking process of preparing dead bodies for positive identification. The Jedi dead were to be tallied against the rolls maintained in the Temple archives; the clone dead would be cross-checked with regimental rosters. All the dead had to be accounted for.'

So it's even worse than I recall - multiple battalions on each level.

no, you made the statement that Yoda and obi-wan FOUGHT all of those clones. NOT that they were around them. lol, i got the book open too! yay! pg. 369: obi-wan and yoda kill 8 clones to get into a back entrance of the jedi temple. pg. 374, (my quoting time)
"Usually, small patrolling squads--five troopers or less--that still made random sweepts through the Temple hallways, checking every door and window, every desk and every closet. Sometimes when those closets were opened, what was found inside was five dead clones." ..... skip several paragraphs.... (note first that SOMETIMES squads of five died. (doesn't sound like a battle involving thousands) then:

"In the vast misty gloom of the Room of a Thousand Fountains, one of the clones on the cleanup squad caught a glimpse of someone moving beyond a stand of Hylaian marsh bamboo. "Halt!" He shouted. "you there! Don't move!" The shadowy figure darted off into the gloom, and the clone turned to his squad brothers. "Come on! Whatever that was, we can't let it get away!"
Clones pelted off into the mist. Behind them, at the spill of bodies they'd been working on, fog and gloom gave birth to a pair of Jedi Masters....."

They NEVER FOUGHT thousands of clones. Enyalus, if you were holding the book in your hand, you had access to what i just gave you. In fact, its the FIRST paragraph after your quote. So there is no way you can argue thousands of clones against Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, unless you want to concede that Old Ben fought every stormtrooper on the Death Star because they were there.

Tangible God
BEN: "Hold by robe Luke, I think I see some stormtroopers."

LUKE: "Damn it Ben, I really don't think a killing spree is gonna help us out here."

BEN: "'Killing spree...' I'm talking about divine justice here. Reigning down sabers and lasers, punishing the wicked. Yoda's all about this, I know he'd want this done."

Enyalus
Originally posted by Tangible God
BEN: "Hold by robe Luke, I think I see some stormtroopers."

LUKE: "Damn it Ben, I really don't think a killing spree is gonna help us out here."

BEN: "'Killing spree...' I'm talking about divine justice here. Reigning down sabers and lasers, punishing the wicked. Yoda's all about this, I know he'd want this done."

That would've been awesome. I think they need to redo the movie just to work that scene in.

And you're right, TJ. I had read the book a while ago, remembered the multiple battalions and figured they fought 'em all to get back to the temple. Heh. Ah well, I still say Sidious takes 150 SBDs with his saber. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.