How long have you been a SW fan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
How long have you been a SW fan? smile

MasterAshenVor
ever since i was like 3 and now im 16 so thats like 13 years o.o AND I WONT STOP TILL DAH LAST CLONE HAS DIED!!! O.O

Lt. Valerian
Since I was like ten or something like that.

SpaceMonkey
Since 1983 when I was 6. It's been a long while.

sweersa
When i was 6-7.

JediRobin23
13 years I think

Jaeh.is.Awesome
since SW 3...

sweersa
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
since SW 3...

Really? I thought I remember seeing you here well before that.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Nope, SW 3 was released in May. I joined KMC September. so like, yeah.

curiosly, I didn't even want to watch SW in the first place. But my dad pushed me to go because everyone else was going, and started it all.

I don't remember watching TPm when I was younger. I reember AOTC a bit, but it didn't have the same impact on me like ROTS did.

*shrug*

NonSensi-Klown
After I watched the Trench Run in ANH for the first time. I was like, three.

Lord Knightfa11
since it was my destiny to become one since time became, i'd say... forever.

sweersa
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Nope, SW 3 was released in May. I joined KMC September. so like, yeah.

curiosly, I didn't even want to watch SW in the first place. But my dad pushed me to go because everyone else was going, and started it all.

I don't remember watching TPm when I was younger. I reember AOTC a bit, but it didn't have the same impact on me like ROTS did.

*shrug*

Cool. You must be pretty young then.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
Cool. You must be pretty young then.

maybe. I dunno... guess? *shrug*

steverules
Since I was 8 or 9

Sadako of Girth
Can barely remember a world without it.... I definitely remember seeing Empire in 1980 when I was 5. And I already had a few figures/toys from ANH (or simply 'Star Wars' as we called it back then)

(My folks tell me I was taken to see ANH when it first came out, but I honestly don't remember it. I would have been like 2 or just about 3.)

queeq
Saw ANH when I was eight. Hooked for life.

Blinky
I must have been really little. The reason I know this is because the only thing I remember about watching ANH was being in awe when Luke first turned on his fathers old lightlaber.

steverules
I remember when there was all this hype for episode 1 and I went for a bday party, I remember reading in a magazine about ep 1 and how anakin was Darth Vader which was when I first found out Anakin was Darth and I was quite shocked. Anyways after seeing ep 1 I wanted to see other eps so I saw ROTJ and then after that ESB and then a new hope when I got the video box set of the PT for my bday I think

sweersa
Originally posted by Blinky
I must have been really little. The reason I know this is because the only thing I remember about watching ANH was being in awe when Luke first turned on his fathers old lightlaber.

I remember when I was a kid I was watching that scene and my mom was in the other room and asked "what is that noise?"

She was talking about the lightsaber, lol.

queeq
Not you munching popcorn?

Viper2c
Since I moved to the States in 1978, and my friend Rogue-Jedi, introduced me to it.

I remember him telling me that he'd seen it 10 times already...

Then we got the Star Wars figures, and figured out how to use them as weapons to shoot down other figures that we threw into the air, with a parachute attatched.

Man, those were the days...easily entertained, and no computers to be seen anywhere. haha

Nactous
age 5

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Not you munching popcorn?

lol Nope.

coolmovies
I first saw a new hope last year (2007)

queeq
WHAAAT?!

sweersa
Hahaha. We all had to have a first time. I lost my Star Wars virginity when I was about 6-7.

queeq
So you're 8 years old now? wink

coolmovies
WHAAAT?!

yes i watched it last year big grin

sweersa
So you're 8 years old now? wink

Naww.

queeq
Ah.

vintageSW77
since 77
after seeing a preview clip on a uk show called the Krypton Factor
sadly my interest in SW is dwindling
im exited by rare images of the OT and purchasing vintage figures but thats it nowadays

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
since 77
after seeing a preview clip on a uk show called the Krypton Factor
sadly my interest in SW is dwindling
im exited by rare images of the OT and purchasing vintage figures but thats it nowadays

Collecting definitely continues to fuel my interest in Star Wars. For me I like the figures and store displays which become pretty rare.

I just recently landed a nice Indiana Jones theme display from my work and a Clone Wars book display from a Books store.

It is a good feeling getting your hands on these, grab the ones you can, ask the managers if you can have them becuase they either destroy them or send them back to Uncle George. It is unfortunate, a Wal*Mart SW display is floating around in most stores with BEAUTIFUL OT art...but unfortunately they won't let me have it, it must be destroyed. What a shame.

Displays look wonderful in homes and most can even hold Star Wars items for display.

queeq
Destroyed? Really??? Damn shame.

sweersa
Destroyed? Really??? Damn shame.

It really is. Yes, a lot of the employees or managers I ask either tell me they have to destroy it or send it back becuase it is a licensed product.

Jedireaper
I have been a Star Wars fan for the last 8 years

queeq
A PT fan?

sweersa
A PT fan?

He said Star Wars fan, that should include the PT if he is a serious fan like me. smile

Chewy07
Since 1980 and the release of The Empire Strikes Back.

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
He said Star Wars fan, that should include the PT if he is a serious fan like me. smile

A what?

sweersa
A what?

Star Wars fan. smile

queeq
No.... you mentioned an S-word.

sweersa
No.... you mentioned an S-word.

Oh shi*!

SnakeEyes
Since I can remember.

queeq
How far back can you remember?

SnakeEyes
To about when I was 5 or so.

sweersa
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
To about when I was 5 or so.

Phew, good thing, becuase I knew you when you were three.

queeq
laughing out loud

ChokeOnEm
Since the day the first film opened...saw it 22 times that first summer...more since. No telling how many times on tape/dvd.

Ordo
2002. Attack of the Clones.

Jack Daniels
umm since ANH came out wheelchair I was a youngin then though so Im not real real old...

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
umm since ANH came out wheelchair I was a youngin then though so Im not real real old...

lol

BruceSkywalker
I've been a fan since I was eight years old

sweersa
Once on an online first person shooter a guy was being a jerk and told me he has been playing online games for 18 years. I asked him how that was possible becuase the internet was -2 years old 18 years ago.

He was like....ummm...well they had Windows back then! lol

Jack Daniels
I think I had windows 3.1 the games on that sucked..

Clonetrooper
I am fan since I saw Episode I: The Phantom Menace when it came out. It was for a birthday party. I never understood why all the star wars fans hated The Phantom Menace. But maybe that is because it has a special value for me.

sweersa
Originally posted by Clonetrooper
I am fan since I saw Episode I: The Phantom Menace when it came out. It was for a birthday party. I never understood why all the star wars fans hated The Phantom Menace. But maybe that is because it has a special value for me.

I loved TPM.

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I think I had windows 3.1 the games on that sucked..

Hehehe, DOOM rulez!

Slash_KMC
I remember Doom, and just like Wolf 3D it was gameplay magic. I wasted months on those games.

queeq
LOved TPM???????

coolmovies
I remember seeing so many toys lunch boxes and other stuff about TPM it was crazy !!

sweersa
LOved TPM???????

Yes, I love all Star Wars movies. I was a child when I saw all six of them for the first time, with ROTS maybe an exception (I was like 14-15)

I still value them all as treasures to this day. In some aspects I do literally by collecting Star Wars items, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.