Team Doom vs team Kang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Dr Doom
Dr. Light
Ultron
Apocalypse
Vandal Savage

vs

Kang
Magneto
Iron Man
Ronan the Accuser
Mr Sinister

With Prep

Who wins?

Bentley
How much prep?

Endrict Nuul
Ummm.... thinking of a fair enough time so stuff like beating Galactus is not apart of this fight.

Bentley
If you can use external characters Ultron could control the Phallanx again anyways.

Endrict Nuul
No outside help, team has to use their stuff. So no calling Reed to make a UN....etc...

guy222
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4544/xmenspiderman024kx2.th.jpg

carnage52
doom team ftw

redhotrash
I hate to rule against Doom, but I think Kang gets more support from his team.

Bentley
Team Kang, they have a better name biscuits

HueyFreeman
Dooms team. There is a problem in that there are too many back stabbers on team one. They win only if they can properly work together.

Bentley
Team 1 has more gas, but Kang's time manipulation and superior tech will take Ultron and Apoc. The rest get handled afterwards.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Bentley
Team 1 has more gas, but Kang's time manipulation and superior tech will take Ultron and Apoc. The rest get handled afterwards. I think Doom is a perfect counter to kang screwing with time for the win. Also magic never hurts. Giving Doom access to ultron tech is dangerous for everybody. Apocalypse and light are really just grunts for the other masterminds.

Bentley
Kang has shown much more time manipulation than Doom despite having much less showings. Doom's most dangerous adition against team two is his magic, but against Kang near limitless resources from the get to go -there is prep-, this fight is loopsided.

Mindset
Kang has shown much more time manipulation than Doom despite having much less showings. Doom's most dangerous adition against team two is his magic, but against Kang near limitless resources from the get to go -there is prep-, this fight is loopsided.
Doom's most dangerous addition to the team is being all around better than everyone else in the thread, with the addition of prep

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom's most dangerous addition to the team is being all around better than everyone else in the thread, with the addition of prep

Thats... Mostly true sad

Until you put Kang in the mix smile

Mindset
And then it's absolutely true. smile

HueyFreeman
Kang has shown much more time manipulation than Doom despite having much less showings. Doom's most dangerous adition against team two is his magic, but against Kang near limitless resources from the get to go -there is prep-, this fight is loopsided. The only difference I have noticed between both in regards to time travel is that Doom seems to have issues with time paradoxes when he time travels. Kangs travels seem to already be etched in history, so it never really alters anything. I think hes only caused time issues 2 times. One was the destiny war and the other was the whole issue with iron lad being kang as a child. The whole issue with paradoxes is really the only reason why Doom regulates what he does when he time travels.

Bentley
And then it's absolutely true. smile

uhuh

amnesia
Doom >>>>>>>>> Kang

We all know this is true.

Bentley
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
The only difference I have noticed between both in regards to time travel is that Doom seems to have issues with time paradoxes when he time travels. Kangs travels seem to already be etched in history, so it never really alters anything. I think hes only caused time issues 2 times. One was the destiny war and the other was the whole issue with iron lad being kang as a child. The whole issue with paradoxes is really the only reason why Doom regulates what he does when he time travels.

Kang has done pretty much every time manipulation feat in the book. He can erase time-lines, stop time, make time baubles, step into a time-line covered in a relative-timefield (timeshifted), make temporal dupes of himself, making himself respawn in other timelines.

JakeTheBank
Team Kang. He has less fail on his team.

iceman24567
What he did in the last GOTG was pretty bloody impressive is it in his respect thread?

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
What he did in the last GOTG was pretty bloody impressive is it in his respect thread?

He doesn't has an actual respect thread, I'm obviously the one in charge of doing one but I lost my scans with my computer.

(I also have to finish my damn book, but that's another story)

iceman24567
He doesn't has an actual respect thread, I'm obviously the one in charge of doing one but I lost my scans with my computer.

(I also have to finish my damn book, but that's another story) erm

Bentley
erm

If I'm lucky the back up file has all the scans, but they won't be ordered at all.

iceman24567
You don't seem like the lucky type sad

HueyFreeman
Kang has done pretty much every time manipulation feat in the book. He can erase time-lines, stop time, make time baubles, step into a time-line covered in a relative-timefield (timeshifted), make temporal dupes of himself, making himself respawn in other timelines.
- Doom has stopped time as well as the timeshift trick in which he could remain invisible until he shifted into whatever particular timeline he was in. Spiderman did it that time he stole dooms tech. Also hes used centuries to study magic, rebuild his body and put himself on a comparative level with the Master of Doom, giving himself a power boost and able to fry a watcher. Hes also used the time well to view scenarios of battles that have happened in alternate timelines and judge accordingly to whatever his current conditions were. Not sure how a time line can be erased. When a timeline is drastically altered from time travel doesn't it branch off into its own alternate universe? Actually nevermind, I am starting to remember why its futile to argue about time travel since the rules change all the time.

Bentley
You don't seem like the lucky type sad

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand indeed I didn't have them eek!

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
- Doom has stopped time as well as the timeshift trick in which he could remain invisible until he shifted into whatever particular timeline he was in. Spiderman did it that time he stole dooms tech. Also hes used centuries to study magic, rebuild his body and put himself on a comparative level with the Master of Doom, giving himself a power boost and able to fry a watcher. Hes also used the time well to view scenarios of battles that have happened in alternate timelines and judge accordingly to whatever his current conditions were. Not sure how a time line can be erased. When a timeline is drastically altered from time travel doesn't it branch off into its own alternate universe? Actually nevermind, I am starting to remember why its futile to argue about time travel since the rules change all the time.

Kang has done both, being time-shifted invisible and being able to affect the time-line while he cannot be affected. Kang has obviously seen several timelines, destroying a time-line is of course very messy and its linked precisely with Kang's ability to evade creating divergence future.

Regarding the rest I was just citing feats related with time-tech, Doom is an accomplished sorcerer and has a range of feats unmatched by Kang since their powersets/abilities don't overlap. Kang's use of time travel is probably unmatched by any character in the Marvel universe though, because that's "his thing". (And yes, its a mess)

Unrelated question: Has someone addressed the Millar upgrade outside the Marquis of Death storyline?

iceman24567
crybaby

TheTyrant
Team Apocalypse easily. Apoc has technopathy and the best tech. Apocalypse also made Sinister, proving once again that he is not a failure.

iceman24567
team kang because Apoc is a failure

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Team Apocalypse easily. Apoc has technopathy and the best tech. Apocalypse also made Sinister, proving once again that he is not a failure.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Team Kang. He has less fail on his team.

team kang because Apoc is a failure

iceman24567
thumb up

Mindset
Doom solos.

Deadline
Team 1 has more gas, but Kang's time manipulation and superior tech will take Ultron and Apoc. The rest get handled afterwards.

Time manip aint allowed i dont think. I was going to give it to Kang but there are too many serious heavy hitters on Dooms team. Vandal savage is a beast I think he even manged to punk Alex Luther and hes been a universal threat. Ultron also has a very serious control over tech...but then again Kang has a big advantage over Doom in tech. Doom has stated that he needed Kangs help because his tech was more advanced. Really I can't see anything that makes Doom tactically superior to kang in general.

Mindset
Doom can and has used better tech or at least equivalent tech than/to Kang's.

Deadline
Doom can and has used better tech or at least equivalent tech than/to Kang's.

Yeah but he doesn't have Kang level tech at his disposal 24/7.

Mindset
Until he makes it, which is what the prep is for.

His usual tech isn't that far behind Kang's anyway, his suit had a friggin temporal cube built in.

Deadline
Until he makes it, which is what the prep is for.

His usual tech isn't that far behind Kang's anyway.

That true but the reason why Doom joined force with Kang was to make things easier for himself. Instead of going to the hassle of creating it he could have it all ready made. Kang has that advantage.

To be fair I think we might actually be able to see on average that Kang has more impressive tech. In one of his earlier apperances Kang had a screen that could see through time that was no big deal.

Bentley
Why is it not allowed (time manipulation)? This is not a tourney setting.

Also I'm currently trying to get Kang's scans because I don't surrender that easily!!!

The Nuul
I didnt rule out time manip.

Deadline
Why is it not allowed (time manipulation)? This is not a tourney setting.

Also I'm currently trying to get Kang's scans because I don't surrender that easily!!!

I hope you don't. I'd love to do a Kang respect thread.

Originally posted by The Nuul
I didnt rule out time manip.

You mean using time travel to extend prep time? The forum rules state thats not allowed unless you decide it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.