Splice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Röland
"Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism. Named "Dren", the creature rapidly develops from a deformed female infant into a beautiful but dangerous winged human-chimera, who forges a bond with both of her creators - only to have that bond turn deadly."

Splice

Pics of the girl who is playing the creature. Warning: NSFW. LOL BOOBS.

I wasn't aware of this movie till a KMC member posted the movie poster. I checked it out on IMDB and I was instantly hooked. I thought it looked really interesting, thoughts?

MildPossession
Got a Species thing going on there with the poster. It does look interesting though from the creature images.

Röland
Originally posted by MildPossession
Got a Species thing going on there with the poster. It does look interesting though from the creature images.
I agree it is kind of Speciesesque, but I think it will be heaps better than Species, since the guy who directed Cube is directing. The cast is way above the cast in Species as well.

I thought the creature design was pretty cool and unique, based on those pics.

deathbycorn
If the bloke who directed Cube is directing, I'm watching for sure.

Splinter looks ok too. Another new creature feature coming out.

Röland
Originally posted by deathbycorn
If the bloke who directed Cube is directing, I'm watching for sure.

Just watched the trailer for Splinter. Looks like it is going to be pretty good, I'll have to make sure to check it out.

MildPossession
Splinter does look rather fun too!

steverules
Poster looks like species, I look forward to it

MildPossession
I did say that stick out tongue

steverules
Thought I'd try and put it into my own words as I to thought it had a species look stick out tongue

MildPossession
Just saw Splinter today and it was quite disappointing for me. The scene with the hand chasing the two leads in the petrol station was just TOOOOOOOO cheesy.

MildPossession
Some images that have been out for a while from the film Splice, effects look fantastic:

http://screencrave.com/2009-02-26/new-splice-photos-are-pretty-impressive/

BruceSkywalker
Some images that have been out for a while from the film Splice, effects look fantastic:

http://screencrave.com/2009-02-26/new-splice-photos-are-pretty-impressive/

good images,

i may see this

Kris Blaze
Beautiful?

Looked like a god damn freak.

jinXed by JaNx
Brody and Polley...,im on board.

jinXed by JaNx
Just saw Splinter today and it was quite disappointing for me. The scene with the hand chasing the two leads in the petrol station was just TOOOOOOOO cheesy.

laughing out loud I totally wasn't expecting the amount of humor that was in this movie either. I think the humor really hurt the movie because the acting was quite good and the scenario was interesting enough. What did you think about the actors?

MildPossession
Acting was okay from what I remember, but yep some of the humour did spoil it. Don't mind humour in Horror, but not cheesy humour when it's not suppose to be...

Toku King
After seeing those images, I'm sold. That is one of the freakiest looking creatures in a long time.

MildPossession
It looks like it has rather good effects in it. I really want to see the trailer!

BruceSkywalker
It looks like it has rather good effects in it. I really want to see the trailer!

so do i, hopefully their will be one soon

MildPossession
There is one that has been shown at special screenings, wish they would put it out. Couldn't even find a bootleg of it.

MildPossession
Does anyone know when the trailer will be released? taking a long time since one was shown months ago at a special screening.

Röland
Does anyone know when the trailer will be released? taking a long time since one was shown months ago at a special screening.
I keep waiting for something, hopefully later this month. sad

MildPossession
I hate waiting for trailers when it is a film I want to see a lot, especially when people have got to see the trailer already! it's currently one of two trailers I am waiting for soooooooo much.

MildPossession
http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14208677/splice/videos/splice_exclu_001.html;jsessionid=1c35ote0cmqja#

A clip from the film, at last!

The Nuul
Looks great!

MildPossession
Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVz0mkVphE8

SnakeEyes
Looking forward to this!

Robtard
Movie about two young scientist who mix human and various animal DNA to create a chimera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6RBRiCLY9c

http://www.splicethefilm.com/

Actually looks like it might be a decent horror flick.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/04/splice-brody-baby.jpg

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t494036.html

and was only a few topics down on the first page you ******* moronic ****. smile

Robtard
F U in your A hole.

Besides, my thread was presented far better, so that other shit should be done away with.

Blinky
Hahahaha.

A f*cking chimera? That's it, I'm f*cking watching this.

BTW, 'tard you are a ******* moronic ****... just sayin'.

FistOfThe North
looks like an anti-clone/anti-stem cell propaganda by the religious right.

ha, just kidd'n..

BackFire
This looks like it might be interesting. The trailer doesn't do a good job making it look like anything but a very generic horror/sci fi hybrid, with basic and simple jump scares. I do like Sarah Polley, though. And the premise is vaguely interesting. Looks like at its worst it could become some kinda new age version of Species, as the creature apparently becomes attractive as she ages.

MildPossession
There are pictures of her in adult form and Adrian Brody's character has sex with her .

The Nuul
Just saw the trailer before IM 2.

Still looks interesting.

Scythe
Wanna watch this, badly.

Mark Question
Creature is called Dren... Is there any significance in that being nerd spelled backwards?

Impediment
This looks interesting, to say the least.

Dr. Leg Kick
Watched it.

I can't tell if this was great or just another film that had no idea what direction to go for the ending. Definitley recommended just for the ending, other than that, I don't know what else to say about the film.

8/10? Probably? Maybe 6/10 Hahaha

Menetnashté
I watched this movie and felt a tad bit sick to my stomach. Like I can't believe I just spent 10 dollars to see that f'd up movie. It's getting good reviews but like that last half hour of that movie was awful. Well nevermind the whole thing was pretty bad.
Movie gets a 2/10 and only gets a 2 because of the plot originality, this movie isn't scary it's just awkward and disturbing. I mean anything good about the movie is clouded by how seriously messed up the ending of it was

MildPossession
I read the plot and it does indeed sound rather messed up sexually . If that's what you meant.

jaden101
This is looking more and more generic and boring as each clip or trailer comes out...I was genuinely interested in this when I 1st heard about it...Now I probably wont bother seeing it.

Menetnashté
I read the plot and it does indeed sound rather messed up sexually . If that's what you meant.
Well yeah, I mean Adrian Brody and the woman raise this thing like it's their daughter, despite it being part animal, and then he has sex with it, mind you in one of the most drawn out sex scenes I've seen in a long time. And then it turns into a male and rapes the female protagonist, despite them having the same DNA. And it impregnates her. The last 30 minutes of that movie just got significantly more f'd up with every scene.

BackFire
Movie was very meh. Very messy and all over the place. Wasn't generic, really. It being somewhat original in a genre filled with cliches was one if its strongpoints, but over all it felt more sloppy than anything.

Solid acting, though.

Myth
I actually really liked this, though I think it was misadvertised. Its more sci-fi than horror IMO. Its probably the psychologist in me, but I loved the movie for the moral/ethical debates and the psychological issues (primarily the female lead's issuse). Wrapping that around the idea of an ever evolving creature made the movie very fun for me. To me, it was like a smart version of Species.

8/10

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Myth
I actually really liked this, though I think it was misadvertised. Its more sci-fi than horror IMO. Its probably the psychologist in me, but I loved the movie for the moral/ethical debates and the psychological issues (primarily the female lead's issuse). Wrapping that around the idea of an ever evolving creature made the movie very fun for me. To me, it was like a smart version of Species.

8/10
lol well I suppose it did support some of Freud's theories if nothing else

Myth

Myth
Originally posted by deathbycorn

I decided to not start a whole new thread for this, but I just watched Splinter. I enjoyed it, though I liked Splice more (not really comparable though IMO).

lil bitchiness
I didn't like it at all. There has to be a point at which one goes ''this is really not a good idea'', but no.

Reminiscent of ''there is a creepy noise in a pitch black cellar, so lets split up and investigate it'' type logic and instinct, for scientists, those people lacked basic intelligence. Meh.

RedRum666
I really enjoyed this movie because it was well done and so disturbing. If they hadn't continued regardless of the moral and ethical dilemmas, there wouldn't have been a movie.

beatrixpoul
Film was very, very dirty and everywhere. Was not generic, really. Since it is quite original in a genre filled with cliches was one of its strengths, but overall it felt more rushed than anything else.

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I didn't like it at all. There has to be a point at which one goes ''this is really not a good idea'', but no.

Doesn't many(most?) a horror movie suffer from that very lack of common sense from the cannon-fodder all the way to the protagonist? Be it a sci-fi, slasher, supernatural etc. horror flick?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Terrible, terrible movie. The sex and rape were retarded.

Esau Cairn
I watched it lastnight & really enjoyed Splice.
But for me it's a difficult movie to put into a genre.

The moral ethics the film raises & then somehow contradicts itself in the end (when Men & Woman play God) makes it neither a horror nor a sci-fi flick.

The ending, although cliched, was the only way out of the story.The film asked alot of questions without the director or characters shoving their own answers/opinions down our throats.

MildPossession
It's a Horror/Science Fiction film, nothing hard about putting it into a genre mix. Or Body Horror if you want a more precise sub genre.

BruceSkywalker
this is one of the worst horror/sci fi films i have ever seen

Esau Cairn
Where was the horror aspects?

Would you classify Cronenberg's Naked Lunch & eXistenZ as horror too?

Juz wondering...

MildPossession
eXistenZ is a 'body' horror/science fiction film. Cronenberg more or less created the body horror film. Naked Lunch I can hardly remember, I was so bored with it I nodded off a lot. But remember, I didn't say Splice was just HORROR.

It's not that bad that it can be considered one of the worst...

Esau Cairn
I've never come across the term "Body" Horror.

What other films fit into this category?

MildPossession
Do you like Cronenberg films?

Esau Cairn
I've enjoyed The Fly, ExistenZ, Naked Lunch, History Of Violence, Eastern Promises, Dead Ringer, Dead Zone, Videodrome, Scanners.

Suffice to say, a couple of the above mentioned, I never knew Cronenberg did them until years after.

Soooo what's "Body" Horror?

MildPossession
Look up Cronenberg and body horror. I'm surprised someone who likes his films doesn't know the term.

Esau Cairn
Ok I Wiki-ed Body Horror & totally understand the term.

But no, not in all my readings have I ever come across that term.

Cheers.

K.Diddy
beer Seen this twice yesterday,Watched it in the afternoon then took it to my girlfriends at night to show it to her,quite enjoyed it,Definitely more of a science Fiction movie then a horror,I think it's a lot better then species which too me was never that good anyway,It did start to come apart in the last 40 minutes though,the ending felt a bit rushed,which was my main problem but apart from that I found it quite enjoyable 7.5/10

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Well yeah, I mean Adrian Brody and the woman raise this thing like it's their daughter, despite it being part animal, and then he has sex with it, mind you in one of the most drawn out sex scenes I've seen in a long time. And then it turns into a male and rapes the female protagonist, despite them having the same DNA. And it impregnates her. The last 30 minutes of that movie just got significantly more f'd up with every scene.

I thought that was nasty but I guess time can make a man do a lot of things, like dudes in prison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.