Milk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
Looks really gay! I think it will be Oscar worthy, at least for Sean Penn, that's my prediction. I read he and James Franco have a long kiss scene as well, what fun! eek!

w3iuuqcFxYk

Robtard
Does look like a decent movie and Sean Penn can impress. I plan on pinning my junk down with duct-tape, so I won't embarrass myself in the movie during the gay scenes, don't want to go through another BBM moment.

ragesRemorse
Gus Vant Sant and Sean Penn...,i'm in.

Selphie
I'm really ****ing excited for this, I'm hoping I can go see this with my GSA group.

Robtard
Originally posted by Selphie
I'm really ****ing excited for this, I'm hoping I can go see this with my GSA group.

"Girls Sucking Ass"?

moviebuff1084
Another movie about gay's?
I smell an Oscar.

MildPossession
It's Gus Van Sant, so I am there.

SnakeEyes
Looks like it might be a "good" movie. Doesn't look like something I'll want to watch, however.

Selphie
Originally posted by Robtard
"Girls Sucking Ass"?

Gay Straight Alliance.

Close enough.

=Tired Hiker=
Does look like a decent movie and Sean Penn can impress. I plan on pinning my junk down with duct-tape, so I won't embarrass myself in the movie during the gay scenes, don't want to go through another BBM moment.

Use painters tape, it's easy on the pubes when you pull it off.Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Looks like it might be a "good" movie. Doesn't look like something I'll want to watch, however. Really, cuz I heard it was highly influenced by the um G.I. Joe cartoon series and comic books.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Really, cuz I heard it was highly influenced by the um G.I. Joe cartoon series and comic books.

that's such a gay statement.

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
that's such a gay statement.

Yeah about a gay movie so it works. laughing

Robtard
Use painters tape, it's easy on the pubes when you pull it off.

Thanks for the tip, I don't mind the pulling effect of the duct-tape; in fact, I sort of like it, the residue it leaves is a pain to remove though.

Robtard
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Yeah about a gay movie so it works. laughing

Is any movie that has a gay character(s) a "gay movie" to you?

SnakeEyes
Really, cuz I heard it was highly influenced by the um G.I. Joe cartoon series and comic books.

Guess I might need to reconsider then! wink

Nah, but honestly, I know the story of Harvey Milk and his impact on politics, the gay culture, etc. and I have nothing against gays, but to me the movie seems like it's a lot more appealing to gay people. He's a hero to the gay community, which is cool, but he's no hero to me. That said, I do like Gus Van Sant and Sean Penn, so we'll see.

=Tired Hiker=
I'll probably wait for it to come out on dvd if I ever do see it.

moviebuff1084
Is any movie that has a gay character(s) a "gay movie" to you?

No, just movies where the sole reason is to say, we are gay and are proud, and if you don't like it oh well. I mean didn't gay people get their point across in BBM? Must we have this shit too?

Mr Parker
I saw this film a couple weeks ago.great flick.

Robtard
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
No, just movies where the sole reason is to say, we are gay and are proud, and if you don't like it oh well. I mean didn't gay people get their point across in BBM? Must we have this shit too?

Actually, the movie deals with the gay-rights movement, read up a little on American history BEFORE you spout off, less you don't mind sounding like a cretin.

fruits
This movie was amazing. One of the best all year, and that I've ever seen. I saw it twice and it moved me so much both times. Such an amazing story, I'm glad it got told with great actors, minus Diego Luna in my opinion, a great director, Gus Van Sant, and a great writer, Dustin Lance Black. Amazing movie I think everyone needs to see. It's incredibly relevant.

Altar[1stONE]
He got the gay shot outta him. smokin' ..........im going to hell........

like a fox

fruits
Originally posted by Altar

like a fox
Wow....you probably are.

Selphie
Originally posted by Altar

like a fox

No, you're going to hell like a homophobe.

Howard Beale
What a great film! Nothing too special from VanSant sort of just let the story tell itself, although he did a great job with narrative jumps though. An acting piece through and through with terrific performances from literally every actor in the film, not a single one disappoints. Emile Hirsch in particular was impressive, and Sean Penn was even more thorough and powerful here than in "Mystic River". Truly the best film of the year through and through.

fruits
Howard Beale I've got to say I agree with you completely. You've taken what's in my head and made a post out of it.

I'm also a fan of all the movies in your sig, although I have not gotten a chance to see The Fall or Rachel Getting Married.

I gave Milk and Dark Knight 10s, Button and In Bruges 9s and Doubt an 8.5. My only 9.5 went to Slumdog Millionaire

Howard Beale
Originally posted by fruits
Howard Beale I've got to say I agree with you completely. You've taken what's in my head and made a post out of it.

I'm also a fan of all the movies in your sig, although I have not gotten a chance to see The Fall or Rachel Getting Married.

I gave Milk and Dark Knight 10s, Button and In Bruges 9s and Doubt an 8.5. My only 9.5 went to Slumdog Millionaire

Boy, we match up scarily well. haha, the only big picking point is Slumdog which I gave a measly 8, and only that much due to Boyle's considerable success behind the camera, and the actors heartfelt attempts. But yeah, Milk is not one of my top of all time but is certainly close. Great great film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.