Gears of War Role Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaggs
A shrill wind whistled through the cracks of the mostly dilapidated building, as Jacob watched the horizon. It was sunrise, and still no sign of the locust, but he knew that the second he let his guard down it could spell out the end for him. The red-orange sun slowly started to rise in the sky to reveal a now gray field. Emergence holes layed spread out across the field like a battle field. No locust had ever come out, they were just making sure that they had a quick way up, when they did decide to. Any attempts to seal them had taken the lives of many soldiers.Rubbing his eyes, he pressed the comm on his ear. "This is Lieutenant Book. No notable movement detected. Post eight, out." He stretched and looked at the other members of his squad.

Mando' Ade
devin stepped over a sleeping squadmate, approaching jacob quietly. "allright buddy, you need to get some rest, it's my turn anyway." he crouched down next to jacob with a small candy bar in his hand. he had his helmet off and was chewing delightedly on the rare find. their squad had come upon a hole crateful when they had decided to use this building. he sat down in the camper stool set in front of the window, putting his hands over the mounted sniper rifle. "how long has it been since they stopped comin' up?"

Shaggs
Jacob thumped back against the wall and scratched his head. "Two, maybe three days now. None of them ever fire a shot, and they never seem to do anything but look around." He thought that they might be relaying their position back to the other locust, but quickly shook the thought off. "No way in hell they are that smart.."

Menetnashté
Myers' eyes shot open as the sun rose. He seemed to do that every night, worried the Locust were coming. He had his revolver in hand as always, keeping the safety on due to his twitchy nature. He saw Forrester talking with the Lieutenant. It gave him some bit of comfort knowing he had them watching out for him. Myers got to his feet, bending down only to pick up his Lancer. He slowly made his way over to the two, stumbling a bit as he went. He would've saluted his superior officer but it seemed anymore that people had thrown the rule book right out the window. He didn't say anything, instead just stood and listened in on the current conversation.

Shaggs
Jacob looked over as Myers approuched himself and Forrester. His eyes slowly started to close and he leaned back against the stone wall. It had been a few days since he had slept, and it would be bad if he was caught while exhausted. His eyes darted open as he heard a deafening roar filled the air. By the time his eyes were open, the locust were already firing into the building from all sides. Watching in horror, he attempted to rise but couldn't seem too. He tried to fire at the locust but was only able to watch on in horror as the rest of his squad was brutally killed off as they fought off the locust. Just as Forrester and Myers dropped to the ground, he attempted to move, but a long jagged blade came from the wall he was leaning against and straight through him. Jacob jerked forwards breathing heavily to see that everyone was just fine, and that his mind was messing with him. "This is... hell."

Mando' Ade
"dude, you allright?" devin was standing next to him, his hand on his shoulder.

Shaggs
"It's that same dream I keep having. The dream feels just like being in those tunnels all those years back.. we lost a lot of good men." Jacob cocked his Longshot and laid it next to him. "It's going to be a long fours days til the next shift gets here."

Mando' Ade
something caught devins eye and he put his eye back to the scope. "wait a minute, we've got movement, a scout, running across the field." he slowly turned the rifle to follow the locust's path. it stopped at a brick walkl seperating a small park from the battlefield. in the park was a cog camp containing lots of weapons and soldiers. the locust pressed something on its belt than hugged against the wall. "c'mon, jhon doe, whatchga doin this time?" suddenly, a squad of locust warriors clambered out of an emergence hole. then another, then another. soon all of the holes were pouring out locust. eventually 200 locust stood deathly quit on one side of the wall while a bomb technician placed a charge on the brick. "$#!+, they're gonna raid the camp!" the rifle made a loud bang sound as the bomb tech went down, his head exploding in a shower of gore. the other locust looked on in shock, confused at what had happened.

Matroshka
Klutch sitting in a broken down building waiting to see what the orders were. He heard the other soldiers talking about somthing. He just stood alone watching the sky. He looked at his Torque Bow and took a deep breath * i remember the guy who died with this. He was missing his chest armor. In fact he barley had a chest left. Like he was torn to pieces. Probably from those damn kyrle* He walked over to Jacob. " Lieutenant Jacob. Whats the plan for today ?" He said standing at attention.

Shaggs
Jacob motioned for Klutch to look at the field, as he unclipped a grenade from his belt. Spinning it as fast as he could he stepped to the back of the building and ran forward as fast as he could. With all of his might, he flung the grenade towards the locust, landing just in the outer edge of them. Chunks were sent flying from some of the locust and some were just flung to the ground. It was just enough to alert of few at the camp.

Matroshka
Klutch smiled " o my favorite !" He got behind a wall and tuned around and aimed for a little while. With his torque bow set he shot it hit a locust in the leg blowing its leg off killing it. " guess its just one of those days !" He reved up his torque bow for another shot.

Mando' Ade
the sniper rifle banged off a few more shots. locust began to run back to their emergence holes. grenades and artillery went flying over the wall, detonating in the battlefield. eventually the locust were gone, retreating back down their holes. "hoo-hah!"

Shaggs
Jacob jumped onto the ledge of a hole in the wall, and started shouting. "That's right! Run away, like always the Cogs whoop your asses again! You can't handle this! Whoever's with me, gimme a Hoorah!" In his most pumped moment, he fired his lancer into the air irrationally.

Menetnashté
Myers sat with his back still against the wall. The sudden excitement had made his twitch go a bit haywire. But he slowly got control of himself, or as much as was possible for him. He stood up giving a weak "Hoorah..." Myers peered down where the still fresh emergence hole was and began to wonder.
"O-Odd..." He said with a twitch. "...Why would the locust retreat? We should all be dead, all of us." Myers tapped his head with his revolver for a second and then looked back at Book. "They're not gonna s-stay down there...We need to move."

Shaggs
Jacob stepped down and looked at Myers. "Wish it was that easy, but we can't move from here unless we get word from Command, or that camp down there is overrun. " Reloading his Lancer, he looked out over the field and then in the spur of the moment leapt over the wall with his weapon raised. He crept silently through the tall grass for a moment. "The locust never just retreat... Found ya!" He opened fire on a locust that was crouched down in the grass, and revcieved fire from two other in the distance.

Mando' Ade
the sniper rifle swiveled, searching for them. an attached computer changed the scope from normal to thermal vision to aid in this. devin spotted jacob, then a faint signature symbolising the two locust. "hey jacob, need a little help?" the rifle slammed off another two shots and downed the remaining locust. "allright, area clear. jacob, see if you can't sprint to the wall and retrtieve that explosive charge. i'll cover you."

Shaggs
Jacob prepared himself for the long run, and taking in a deep breath, sprinted forward as fast as he could. He lept of over an open emergence hole, releasing a primed grenade from his grip. Still sprinting, he made his way to the wall and jerked the explosive charge off the wall, and turned around.

Zalindrana
=A Locust came out from hidding appearing just as Jacob turned around. However before anyone could react the Locusts side just exploded and it fell to the ground in gorey bits. Freeman slowly walked up reloading his Gnasher Shotgun and looked up at the fellow C.O.G. Freeman eyed the Lieutenant insignia on his gear before speaking.=

...I always like them better in peices... I would bother to salute you Lieutenant and tell you where the heck I just came from but wouldnt you rather we run back to your hole so we dont get religious?.... Hole-y Sir.

=Freeman didnt even crack a smile. He just turned and ran to where Jacobs team was.=

Shaggs
"Don't salute. Plenty of Locust would love to kill an officer. Get over here and hunker down." Jacob raised his weapon and scanned the area.

Mando' Ade
((what are the little ones that attack you up close called? i forgots.))

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Mando' Ade
((what are the little ones that attack you up close called? i forgots.)) Wretches

Mando' Ade
thx))

two wretches crawled out of an emergence hole, sniffing the air intently but stayng low to the ground, out of devins view. he touced his radio transmitter and spoke. "uhh, hey jay, do you see anything down there, i think something just came up?"

Zalindrana
=Freeman bunkered down with the rest of the gears in the squad. He didnt know any of them but he had a feeling he would before they got picked up. When ever that was going to be. He nodded lightly to the other gears and then looked over to the grass. He put his hand to his transmitter....=

I dont see anything. But if its something its going to be Wretchs. Little bastards are so small you dont know they are there until they dig their claws into your back..... And with this tall grass its going to be harder to spot them.

Mando' Ade
((or it could be tickers, small explosive crawley things. also if your with shaggs char, their is no squad around you. just so you know. also, a note, because the standard cog helmet is supposed to give low visibility and make it hard to aim accurately, devin has the right eyehole punched out of his so that his eye connects to the longshot scope.))

devin paused for a moment, staring through his scope at the grass below. "who is this, who am i talkin' to?" he searched the area for the newcomer.

Zalindrana
((I went back to the building where "Jacob" came from before he grabbed the charge. I might be wrong but arent Devin, Myers, and Klutch in the building? I may have read the previous posts wrong. If so I am sorry and could ppl tell me EXACTLY where they are??))

Shaggs
((My guy is back with the squad))
Jacob pulled up his Lancer and monitered the area.

Zalindrana
((So I was right? So Devin is like... nearby right??))

Zalindrana
=Freeman put a hand to his transmitter=

Names Freeman. Jason Freeman. As for where I am I am in the building with the Liuetenant.

=He dropped his hand and went over to Jacob, holding his Gnasher shotgun in both hands.=

My squad got ambushed earlier by a Locust patrol a few clicks from here to the south east. =Four C.O.G. tags were looped on his belt.= Me and another guy made it but he had serious wounds and only lasted for about another hour..... When the Locust find out their patrol was wiped out they will send a larger force this way Sir. Figured you might wana be informed of that.

=After speaking he looked out over the tall grass ahead.=

The ones we got looked fresh. Like they just started their patrol. My guess is the bodies will be found and reinforcments sent within 24 hours.... but I might be wrong.

=Looks to Jacob= It could be sooner.

Mando' Ade
devin pulled up the longshot, removing it from the bipod mount. "allright, we need to find a better spot, fore something else comes. im headin for the roof to get a better view."

Shaggs
"We're not allowed to move until that camp is overrun by locust. Hoffman's orders." Jacob lowered his Lancer and looked at the tall grass rustling. Just as he realized what they were, locust started to sprout from everywhere.

Mando' Ade
devin sighed loudly over the comms. "i'll only be up there for a few minutes then, allright." he began to mumble below his breath. "man i wish i was stationed at jacinto."

Zalindrana
=Freeman put a hand to his transmitter.=

And I wish my squad was still kicking. But wishs are a little short these days.

=Freeman sighed lightly and walked over to look out at the field. He narrowed his eyes at the shapes emerging and then his eyes widened. He put his hand to his transmitter.=

We have locust emerging in the field!! Do we engage!?

=Last statement said to Jacob as he pulled out his Lancer and aimed in the Emerging Locust direction.=

Shaggs
Jacob shook his head and pressed on his comm. "Negative. Negative. Do NOT engage the targest. We're too undermanned to take on a force that large. Private Freeman, Sergeant Forrester, you're both going to hold position here with me. Everyone else, fall back."

Mando' Ade
EDIT: nevermind))

Shaggs
"Forrester! Disengage the enemy. Stand Down. I'm the ranking officer of this situation!" Jacob loaded his weapon and looked out of a hole in the wall. "They know where we are!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman lowered his lancer briefly acknowledging the Stand Down order, but then cursed as he heard the sniper fire. He checked all his weapons, Gnasher, Lancer, and Pistol, loading each.=

Thanks to your man on the roof they know where we are now! New orders? Or does the Stand Down still hold?

=He spoke directly to Jacob, not over the comm.=

((Okay. If Shaggs still goes with the post then the above post. If he goes with the edit then below.))

Roger that.

=Freeman lowered his Lancer and watched the Locust as they emerged. There was quite a few.=

What do you want us to do sir?

Mando' Ade
i edited my post, seeOriginally posted by Mando' Ade
EDIT: nevermind)) ))

Zalindrana
I edited mine a bit then. smile cover all the bases))

Shaggs
"We won't engage until they know where we are. We're here as scouts, not as heroes." Jacob lowered his weapon and say back.

Zalindrana
So were just going to it here?

=Anger was heard in his voice. But he took in a deep breath and spoke again.=

Sorry. My squad was mainly offensive. Im not used to the "sit and wait" thing.

Shaggs
Jacob looked out at the camp in a bloody stale mate with the locust. Just as he was watching, the ground slowly collapsed, pulling the whole camp with it. "Fall back!" Just as the words left his mouth, the entire hillside infront of them lit up, firing at their position.

Mando' Ade
devins eyes widened and hepulled backwards, tearing down the stairwell. as he rounded a corner, pushing througha door that revealed the first floor a wave of wretches and drones came towards the building. "fuc*" he slammed the door shut and ran back up the stairs. "we've gotta jump out from a second floor window or something, those things are everywhere!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman Grit his teeth as the Locust found them.=

Son of a Bi...

=He didnt even finish his words when Devin yelled about jumping out the second story window. He double checked his Lancer and looked to Jacob.=

Sir?!

Shaggs
Jacob closed his eyes and thought for a moment. "Scatter! Everyone, meet up at the ammo dump! Just head directly behind this place, five building down! No doubt that this place is swarming with locusts!" Jacob shot out a window and motioned for the others to move out first. "I'll cover your backs!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman began to protest but held it back. He just grit his teeth then looked to Devin.=

You heard him lets get the heck out of here!

=Freeman then began to make his way out of the building, but before tht he looked to Jacob.=

Good luck Sir!

Mando' Ade
devin jumped from the window, falling down into an open dumpster filled with old refuse. he climbed out and sprinted forward, heading towards the next building. as he ran he began to hear gunfire from all around him and realized he had ran straight through a firefight.

Shaggs
An explosion launched Jacob out of the window, throwing him into the first floor window of a slightly bomb out building. His eyes slid open and he looked at two other Cogs that were hunkered down, one severly injured. Before he could say anything, the uninjured Cog pulled his hand across his own throat. Jacob knew to be quiet and slowly stepped over. From behind the door he could hear Wretches and Grubs outside.

Zalindrana
=Freeman had jumped out of the window just before the explosion, landing on a pile of garbage bags that had been sitting there a good while.=

Ehh.. just my luck...

=He got to his feet and looked around not seeing any of the other Cogs. He cursed to himself as he realized he had jumped into an alley. He looked to the only way out and saw two locust walking out of the alley.=

Got to get past them....

=Freeman put away his lancer and grabbed a grenade. He then ran forward towards the two and as he ran between them he stuck the grenade onto one of the locusts back. Freeman stepped it up as he ran faster, He heard the locust yell out to fire at him, heard the bullets fly by him and also the grenade beeping, and then the resulting explosion. Freeman ran to another building and with his Gnasher shotgun he smashed out the window and jumped in. He put a hand to his transmiter=

Where the heck are you guys?!!

Shaggs
Where the heck are you guys?!! Blared through Jacob's comm alerting the locust outside. Before the cog could move, gunfire tore the door and him apart. He landed with a hard thud as Jacob raised his lancer sprayed two locust grubs with his bullets. They both fell, and Jacob ran to the door, raising his lancer to fire covering fire for six cogs across the street.

Zalindrana
=Almost as soon as he spoke into his comm he heard gunfire. Not only on the comm but also nearby. He ran to the other side of the building he was in and looked out the window. He saw two locust fall and then spotted Jacob briefly. He put a hand to his transmitter=

Sir! Freeman here. Coming in on your left. Watch the fire!

=He waited until Jacob acknowledged if he did at all before running out the building he was in and rushing into the door Jacob was firing from. If he didnt acknowledge he would just sit there and provide fire support with his lancer.=

Shaggs
"Freeman! Make your way here and bunker down, we've got a Brumak headed our way!" Jacob ducked down, trying to reach command to send a King Raven.

Zalindrana
=Freeman ran into the building and got into cover just as Jacob had said . His eyes widened slightly at the mention of a Brumak.=

Seriously? With just the gear we have how are we going to take that thing down? If one of your team has a Mortar that I dont know about perhaps now is a good time to get him into position. Hell a Grinders gun would work too.

=After a moments pause Freeman added..= .... Sir.

Shaggs
Jacob paused for a moment. "Cut the sir crap, we're all soldiers here, Jason. What we're gunna do is run a distraction for big and ugly.. and well run him into the fire of another Brumak six block away.."

Zalindrana
=Freeman was a bit surprised by that. His old CO always made them call him Sir. He liked this guy more and more. Freeman smirked a bit.=

Well if we are not doing the formal thing..... There is also the option of getting on the roof and highjacking one of them. Use it to kill off the other Brumak and then finish off the rest of the locust here. Then after that put a charge on the... as you say "Big and ugly= and blow its head apart.... Just a thought.

=He thought for a moment.= Then again if the Brumak rider saw us on the roof he wouldnt hesitate to bring the building down from under us....

Shaggs
"You can attempt that, but if we just piss it off, be sure to tell it that it was your idea." Jacob grabbed his long shot, and pushed a round into the chamber. "But that rider won't see a thing."

Zalindrana
=Freeman grinned. He always wanted to ride one of those things. He never spoke about it of course but still. He got to his feet and looked towards the stairs. He then turned back to Jacob.=

Hey. Dont forget there are two riders. One of them controls the guns on that thing.... But if you can just take out the driver and get that thing stationary I can just pop the gunner.

=He spoke as he pulled out his Gnasher shotgun.=

Mando' Ade
devin pushed himself over and through a windowsill just as an explosion ripped a hole in the dumpster he had been hiding behind moments earliear. "guys, could use some help here!" just as he finished the sentence a reaver crashed to the ground outside, shooting rockets and machine gun fire into the surrounding gear and grub filled shops. devin pulled himself up and fired his locust rifle into the beast, watching as the bullets barely penetrated the thick hide.

((just a mention, gears aren't even supposed to know that it's possible for them to control a brumak, and it wouldn't just stop moving if the driver was killed, it would start rampaging until the other driver got control of it. just a thought.))

Zalindrana
=Freeman heard the plea of Devin. He cursed to himself.=

Guess the high jack is not gona happen. We need to get him over here.

=Without being given an order he got to his feet and looked out to the reaver. Freeman pulled out his Lancer and fired upon the massive creature.=

Shaggs
Jacob jumped up, running across the street at a Grub hiding behind a fallen pillar. It rose up pointing it's Hammer burst at Jacob, but screamed in agony as Jacob revved his Lancer and sawed through the Grub's arm. Taking a strong punch to the jaw, Jacob shot back a little, and the grub wrapped it's remaining hand around his throat. In a heavy struggle, Jacob pulled his pistol out and put it under it's chin. "See you in hell!" Pulling the trigger, the grub fell back in a gruesome spray of blood, letting Jacob up. Springing into the building, Jacob was met by the gaze of a Boomer, still holding a loaded Boomshot. Jacob revved his Lancer again and slung it across the Boomer's hand, cutting off the fingers. With a shriek, it slammed it's other hand into Jacob, launching him across the room and into a wall. Staggering to his feet, a Flame Boomer charged into the room, accidently spraying the Boomer. In pain, it yelled and Jacob took his chance and removed his pistol, and fired on the tank of the Flamer. As it detonated, it killed the Boomer and the Flame Boomer. Picking up the Boomshot, Jacob raced outside, firing it in the direction of the Reaver.

Zalindrana
=Freeman emptied his clip into the reaver and cursed softly at the persistence of the ugly thing. He got into cover, reloaded, and aimed again. However before he could shoot Explosions from a boomshot rained on the Reaver causing it to finally fall. He looked to where the shots came from to see Jacob. He put his hand to his transmitter.=

Bout time you got serious.

Mando' Ade
devin stood up from cover. "hey guys, sup?" he climbed over into the street, approaching jacob and jason. just as he stepped past the body of the reaver someone yelled. "nemacysts!" devin turned and watched as large black things flew through the sky, heading for the town. "ah, $#!t!"

Shaggs
Jacob motioned for them to follow him into a small smashed building, sitting on top of a half-formed sink hole.

Zalindrana
=Freeman looked up as Devin spoke of Nemacysts. He cursed to himself then followed Jacob into the building.=

Well this is just FUBAR man..... Reavers now Nemacysts... and oh yeah! the Brumak we still havent killed yet!!

Shaggs
"This is Super-six 4, we have been hit, and we are going down. I repeat, we have been hit and are going down!" The King Raven spun in the air, a hard right spin pulling the chopper along. Both pilots attempted to brace themselves, but could not. A corner of a building caught the tail, smashing it to pieces, and throwing the cockpit against the side of the building. Smashing into the ground, and dragging about thirty feet, the radio was silent, and a decision had to be made. "If we don't get them now, the Locust will be on top of them!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman nodded his head.=

Cover me!

=Without even being cleared he jumped from the building and ran to the next as he made his way to the Downed KR=

Shaggs
Jacob rushed to the closest cover, turning to watch the Nemacysts come down on the city, bringing more Raven's down. "We need to do this fast!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman took cover as he was fired upon. He waited until the fire stopped then little by little made his way up until he was right up to a few Locust. He pulled out his Gnasher shotgun and fire a few times sending chunks flying from their bodies. He kept running to the KR which was right around the corner and flattened against the wall looking around said corner. He put a hand to his transmitter=

Im at the Raven, We have a Grinder here. Pilot and company pinned down.

Mando' Ade
devin fired his hammer burst into the wave of oncoming locust as he backed towards the building. "man, this is the $#!*, where do they keep coming from?" he hopped backwards into the building, crouching behind a piece of a fallen pillar. "we need air support, where are those reinforcements command promised?!"

Shaggs
Jacob hunkered down next to Devin, holding up in his Lancer, calculating what to do. Freeman was up against huge odds, and locust were barreling in from all directions. "You can't take this!" Jacob's eyes looked up to a group of locust that were hunkered down. He recognized the voice but didn't see anything. In a split second, a very large Gear ran up, slamming a locust into the wall. "Ha ha ha! Take that bitches!" A grub ran up behind him, but was cut down by fully automatic lancer to his chest. A mauler slammed his weapon were the Gear was, only to kill the locust on the wall. It's weapon was stuck, allowing the Gear to rev his Lancer and cut through the arm, covering him in blood. With a shriek it growled and lifted the cog in the air, who just simply cut a hole in the Mauler's chest. Forcing a grenade into it's chest, he cut it's fingers off and took cover. With a gorey explosion, the mauler was gone, and the soldier stood up removing his helmet.

Zalindrana
=Freeman heard the hollering and put his hand on his transmitter.=

Who is that?!

Shaggs
Jacob stood, opening fire long enough for Ben to arrive safely. "This is Private Benjamin Sappington! Ready to kick some Locust ass!"

Shaggs
Jacob and Ben rushed behind covers once more, now utilizing their longshots to neutralize the oncoming Nemacysts.

Mando' Ade
"cover me!" devin jumped out and blsted down drone, running towards jason to help him out. "come on! we've gotta get that pilot!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman nodded quickly at Devin and then got to his feet.=

Then lets hurry!

=He pulled a grenade out and threw it towards the locust still firing on the KR=

Shaggs
Jacob and Ben both ran to catch up with the other, an entusiastic Ben shouting excitedly. "Ah yeah, let's play the game and bring the pain!" He opened fire, still standing on the cover, rather than behind it.

Zalindrana
=Freeman looked up at Ben just as the grenade went off and smirked before looking back towards the KR=

Well.. Lets play then. Cover me.

=Freeman jumped out from behind the cover and ran towards the KR. He ran past a locust, reved his Lancer and sawed through the back of its neck. He continued onward and spoted a group of locust. He pulled out his last grenade and tossed it. One saw it and dove out of the way only being downed to his hands and kness, finished off by a few shots of his lancer, while the other fly up in bits. He reached the Raven and jumped over a barrier. He looked over the barrier and started cover fire for the others.=

Shaggs
Ben jumped off the cover and charged to the Raven, firing at every single locust he saw. "It's party time bitches! Haha!" Ben opened fire, holding the trigger down, while Jacob took off aim shots with his lonshot.

Zalindrana
=Freeman noticed a large gas tank in the corner of his eye by the building where the locust were firing down on them. He grinned and put a hand to his transmitter=

All gears fall back from the building.

=Right after he said it the ones who next to the building fell back. After they did Freeman took aim and fired upon the tank. The resulting explosion destroyed half of the building and finishing off what locust were left at that position. He put his hand to the transmitter again=

Now that the fireworks have ended, suggest we take these guys into actual cover!

Shaggs
Jacob ran to a large pillar and used it as cover, crouching beside it and peering out from the side. "Everyone! Fall back and get behind cover. We're soldiers, and it's high time we started acting like it!" Ben nodded and slammed up to a pillar next to Jacob. "Yes, Lieutenant!"

Mando' Ade
devin came over the barrier next to the king raven, ducking in just as hammerburst shots came chasing after him. he ran into the cockpit, staring at the dead copilot before turning and picking up the wounded pilot. "jacob, ben, the pilot's secured, we need cover fire if we're gonna get him out of here." he crouched down next to jason, setting the pilot down against the barrier.

Zalindrana
=Freeman looked to Devin and nodded. He raised his Lancer up and provided cover fire for him and the pilot.=

Shaggs
Jacob pointed behind the crash, over where six cog where holding position. "Alright Gears! You guys get the pilot and injured out of hear, while Sappington and myself provide cover. That's an order soldiers!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman nodded lightly to Jacobs orders. He smacks Devin lightly on the shoulder=

Lets go man!

=He grabbed the Pilot up letting Devin help carry him if he wanted and made his way out to better cover. He did this after Jacob and Ben provided cover support.=

Shaggs
Jacob and Ben both took a position against many, many grubs. A group of nine drones started to push their way up towards them. Jake pushed himself up and fired his lancer, along with Ben. Most of the drones fell, but three fired their hammerbursts, pushing Jacob and Ben back. When all seemed lost, a Cog jumped from a second story window, landing next to them, with a Boltek in hand. Grabbing Jacob's Boltek, the man stood and fired them both, tearing down the drones. More and more grubs and drones started to charge, almost thrity. "This is Sergeant Major Dalson, now lets teach this sons of bitches how to fight!"

Mando' Ade
devin rounded a corner, firing behind him with his rifle to provide cover. as he turned he heard the revving of a lancer chainsaw. he pulled up his hammerburst as it came down, clashing into the rifle. he pushed away the locust, flinging away the useless weapon. he pulled out his pistol and, as the lancer came down again, dodged, grabbing the top of the weapon to hold it down and pushing his weapons barrel under the drones chin. he fired the entire clip into the beasts head, holstering the weapon and taking the lancer. as he ducked into ccover with jason, a grinder and two more drones with lancers rounded the corner, chasing him. he chucked his standard issue grenade over the sandbags blindly as they began firing at us. 4 gears were torn apart before it exploded, sending the two drones flying but only knocking the grinder down. he jumped back over his cover and ran to it, stabbing the chainsaw into its unprotected head and revving it. he placed the rifle on his back and picked up the machine gun, lugging it back to safe cover. "hey guys, look what i found."

Shaggs
Jacob, Ben, and Sergeant Dalson all fell back to where the other were holding down, now being overwhelmed by the Locust. Jacob and Ben both made it behind cover, Jacob behind a broken pillar, and Ben behind a indented doorway. They both fired the best that they could, knowing that they would be overrun, and would be killed in the process. Dalson grabbed a Boomshot from the ground, and neutralized a butcher that was coming straight at him. Once it hit the ground he grabbed it's blade and heaved it onto his back. Just as he did, he was charged by a Mauler that knocked him onto his back. Ben instinctively jumped up and ran for the Mauler, firing all of his Lancer rounds at it. It pulled back, swinging it's mace on the ground, and throwing Ben into a wall. Dalson got to his feet and slammed the blade into the Mauler, killing it instantly. Grabbing up it's shield, he slammed it into the ground, creating a temporary barrier. Jake did his best to pull Ben back to safety, as too more Maulers trudged forward, with Grinders starting to back them up. Just as Jacob and ben were within safety, a huge section of the city collapsed inward. Jacob's eyes were hazy as he saw Dalson get hit twice with Hammerburst rounds as he fell down after them.

Mando' Ade
devin pulled himself up and fired the minigun into the retreating locust. "cowards!... fuc-" the earth in front of them began to give and fall as something large rose from the earth, its eight thin legs pulling it up. "$#!*, $#!* $#!*, bloody $#!*, CORPSER!" the enormous creature screech furiously as gears fired futiley into its hard armor. they began to run as it lurched forward, several other corpsers emerging throught the city. kr's scrambbled frantically as one, fitted with some sort of assault deck pulled itself up, covered in drones. troika machine guns and what appeared to be a commandeered centaur tank cannon began to fire down at the fleeing gears. a king raven flew down to where devin and the others were, the door opening for them. a single gear yelled over the surrounding noise, waving towards the heli. "get in now!" devin climbed in, helping jason with the pilot. "jacob, ben, c'mon!" a king raven was shot down by the tank cannon, falling towards the ground near jacob and ben and exploding violently.

Zalindrana
=Freemans eyes widened at the sight of the corpser. He felt the ground rumble more signaling that more had popped up nearby. He looked up to see one of the ravens shot down and he cursed. When the KR came down he got the pilot in and secured. However he didnt get on the Raven. He hunkered down and provided cover fire for other gears who needed to get there.=

Come on guys.... Get to the Choppa!!!!

(( Visual Aid. http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k11/tony8393/get-to-the-choppa.jpg hahaha ))

Shaggs
((Jacob and Ben fell to the underground))

Jacob opened his eyes to see Dalson propped against the wall with a Lancer in hand. "Jake.. you and Ben gotta get outta here.." Jacob looked confused. "No, we can get you out of-" Dalson scowled. "Book, that's an order!" Jacob frowned. "With all do respect, shut up and get behind me.. sir!" Jacob and Ben both heaved Dalson onto their shoulders, his blood starting to drip.

Mando' Ade
"freeman, let's go!" devin yelled, helping the two remaining gears into the kr. as other helis took off they were shot at by the locust assault corpser. one that had visibly filled to the brim with troops exploded into a bright fireball, fueled by the very flammable flesh packed into it.

Shaggs
Jacob heard the explosion along with Ben and Dalson as the wreckage from the King Raven fell into the hole. "Can anyone hear me? This is Lieutenant Jacob Book, and we are trapped inside of the underground."

Zalindrana
=Freeman cursed and looked to Devin.=

We cant go yet! We have to get them out of that hole!

=Freeman started to fire upon the locust franticly. He lost his entire squad. He didnt want to lose another.=

Shaggs
Jacob looked up, seeing no way to go, but through the tunnels. "Leave us! I'm the current ranking officer, and I order you to get to a safe zone!" Jacob took his hand off his comm, turning it off to signify that he wasn't going to negotiate with them.

Zalindrana
=Freeman was about to argue but he heard the comm cut out. He cursed loudly. He jumped on the chopper and buckled in.=

This is insane!

Mando' Ade
the king raven took off, flying between the remains of several buildings to put them between it and the corpsers. below, several centaur tanks and two assault derricks , one equipped with drill pods and one equipped with tank cannons, were moving towards the battlefield along with a large group of soldiers packed onto the rig's platforms. devin whistled at the sight as the chopper rose, giving a better view. "look at that. i can't imagine what they think is going o-" the chopper shook as once again nemacyst began to fill the skys. one had just barely missed them, flying by releasing its inky poison into the cabin. devin coughed for a moment, pulling himself towards the cockpit. "pilot! land us down their with that assault group. we need to get out of the skies!"

Shaggs
Jacob and Ben, carrying Dalson, made their way deeper into the tunnels. Along the way, there had been little to no resistance. Finally they emerged into a large open area that was dark, except for a pool of immulsion. A small outpost had been established, but there were no cogs currently there. Knowing it was their only chance, they made their way inside, shutting the doors and barricading the windows.

Mr.Alex
Drake gripped down on his lancer, hearing footsteps inside the outpost. He slowly moved from his seat, his lancer aiming infront of him.
Drake moved down the doorway, hiding beside it. He jumped out ready to fire off his lancer, suddenly stopping to see the C.O.G soilders.

"Well,its about time some of you guys showed up." He said to the men

Drake lowered his lancer down to his side, looking down at the two men.

Mando' Ade
um, there are currently corpsers trashing the city so unless your dead your in a helicopter or part of the approaching assault group.))

Shaggs
((He means he's trapped in the underground like my characters))

Jacob and Ben rushed Dalson over to a corner, shutting the final door behind them. Jacob approached Drake, looking over at him, exhausted. "What's the status, private?"

Mr.Alex
"Not good." Drake said, "my whole squad is dead."
Drake pushed out his arm, holding three sets of C.O.G tags
"Bunkered myself here, My radio Aint workin."

Zalindrana
=The pilot went down to the group on the ground and Freeman jumped out. He grabbed a bit of ammo from the chopper and put it in his bags. He checked his ammo and looked to Devin for him to jump out and join him and the rest of the assualt force.=

Come on we got to move!

Mando' Ade
the kr landed on the deck of an assault derrick before devin hopped out. "you go get on the other one, help them out!" he turned and walked up to one of the gears who appeared to be in charge. "hey, you the co of this group?" the soldier turned and suddenly the large bandage covering half of his head was more visible.
"na, you want him he's down below the deck with everyone else."
"allright." devin stepped over to the door below the pod deck. he opened it and stepped in, looking around the room at the group of gears packed in. he stepped over to the one in the center who was giving some sort of morale boosting speech.
"...and we're gonna send these grubs back down into their caves, crying to their momm-!" devin tapped the mans shoulder and he turned, an annoyed look on the face. "the F*** do you want, your not in my company." devin grinned. "nice to meet you too, anyway, part of my squad got lost on the way out of the city and i was hoping youd be able to help me find them."
"no can do, we have strict orders to take back this city, level anything larger than our rigs thats moving and drill down so deep up the locust's @$$ that they need a friggin tank sized supposatory just to loosen us up." a few chuckles came from the group of shoulders, who seemed to shake like jello. devins grin grew. "you know, you got a funny way with words, but i think that youll be able to help us." his hand raisewd up to his commlink," jason, how're things on your rig?"

Shaggs
Jacob sighed and put his hand on his head for a moment, trying to think. "Round up as many weapons as you can find, and as much ammo too. We'll need them, but not for too long. If the locust attack, I'll need you to hold them off while I fix my commlink."

Zalindrana
=Jason nodded and hopped onto the other rig. He looked around at the gears approached one.=

Hey. Whos in charge on this rust bucket?

=The gear pointed behind him to a fairly large man talking to two other COGS. Jason nodded to the gear and went over. As soon as he came up to the man he looked at Jason and glared.= "Your not part of my group kid."

Figured you guys could use a hand.

=The man spit at Jasons foot and turned around.= " My unit is one of the bests. If you slow us down I will use you as a meat shield. " =He walked away to speak with the rest of his group. Just t hen Devin spoke over the comm asking how it was going. He put a hand to his transmitter and spoke with a very sarcastic tone.=

Its F***ing christmas over here... But im on and they seem ready to go.

Mr.Alex
Ye..Yes sir. Drake said, he seemed a little scared. Drake looked around the room, only find 5 or so small clips. While drake was looking, a wrench fell from the ceiling, landing on top of drake. As he fell, drake accidently reved his chainsaw, cutting down the wrench. Drake stood covered in blood and guts. Drake started to rub the blood of his face when he looked out a small gap in the blocked window. Drake could swear he swear he saw atleast 100 drone marching past the outpost.
Drake stood there, his eyes fixed on the drones. "Gu...Gu..Guys...You better take a look at this." Drake said stutering

Shaggs
Ben walked up beside Drake and looked out as he wished them to. "Hmm.. those do not seem like good odds.. for them!" He revved his chainsaw once, to make sure it was working, and then proceeded to check his ammo, plodding towards a pair of stairs.

Mando' Ade
"allright, we should be close to the outpost we were stationed at," devin stepped back out into the sunlight, looking out into the burning city. he turned and looked over at jason on the other rig. "once we get past the first few buildings we need to get off. that should be where jason and ben are. we might be able to get a squad or two to help us out-" the sound of tank fire cut him off as he spotted the assault corpser coming over the buildings, its cannon firingat the gears below. te centaur tanks began to fire back up at it. seconds later it fell, dropping down from over 100 feet. it slammed into the ground, the following explosion spewing gore over the group. "ah, f***, that was nasty!"

Zalindrana
=Freeman was splattered with the gore but only half of his body was covered due to another gear infront of him slightly to the right. It was enough though. He made faces as if he was about to vomit but recovered himself after a moment and wipped the gunk off his face.=

aww sh*t... thiss aint right.

Zalindrana
((Bump))

Mando' Ade
((where be shaggs))

Zalindrana
((I think it died))

Foot3Shooter
(maybe we should try to revive it)

Cpl. Tobiasz Taylor bent over the injured Gear. A torgue bow had got him in his side, blowing away most of his right kidney. The COG medic had his materials layed out next to him. He was just about done stiching up the wound. The soldier was out, the result of a light anesthetic, made for combat. It didn't leave lasting effects when the person came around, making it perfect for battle. Taylor's helmet sat next to him, as he needed full visibilty. The Gear began to stur, groaning softly. "just in time," Taylor said to the man "I just finished." The man propped himself up on his elbows. "What's the damage?" Taylor stood up, grabbing his helmet, cradling it under his arm. "You're left kidney is pretty messed up." he said, looking serious. The Gear seemed to take this in and asked "So, are there going to be any, like, after-effects?" Taylor shook his head. "your other kidney should pick up the slack, but your not going to be donating a kidney while your alive." He slipped his helmet back on and looked out of the window of the ruined building, watching for Locust patrols. He had been stuck underground for a while now, and was helping to treat the soldier down here. He soon saw a huge group of Locust, maybe a good hundred. He ducked down, getting a tighter grip on his Lancer. He pulled the injured Gear into another room, closing the door and putting a table over it, one that matched the color of the wall. He yelled through "If I don't come back after a while, call for help over the radio, com won't work down here. Taylor put his Lancer on the back of his armor, and grabbed the longshot propped up against the wall. He propped himself on the wall, ready to fire if he got the chance.

(OOC: REVIVE!)

Shaggs
Jacob and Ben charged up the stairs, slapping a grenade on the wall to act as a mine. Ben set another halfway up and then jammed a pip into the roof access' main hatch. Drake had been behind them the whole time. An old model King Raven was locked away in a hanger on the roof, but would take about ten minutes to refuel.

Mando' Ade
the assault rigs rolled over smaller buildings and cars, pushing there way into the city. the centaur tanks fired on any corpsers or brumahk that got iin the way. the commander on devins came up, yelling out orders. "okay everyone, get your asses down there. we need every man fighting these grubs back down there slimy shit holes." the gears hoo rahd and slid down the ladders, opening fire into the slimming groups of locust. devin helped a squad storm a building, killing locust troika gunners that were set up on the upper floors. then they used an old knocked down radio tower to cross the roof to another infested building.

Mr.Alex
Drake ran to cover, jumping over some boxing and hiding behind it. He stood aiming his Lancer at the door.
"Shit sir....This is intense."
Drake kept his eyes fixed on the door, ready for anything.

Foot3Shooter
Taylor looked up and saw daylight streaming in from a hole the Locust were using to get above ground. There were alot of Locust still coming. He walked over to the room the injured Gear was in. "You alright in there?" he asked, watching the door to the room. There was a slight pause before he responded "yeah, i'm alright" Taylor watched a reaver fly by outside. "Keep broadcasting that distress call on the radio, and to command, just in case we get a line through. I'm going to help our boys topside thin the ranks a bit." Taylor switched to his Lancer, walking up to the top floor before kicking open an emergency door. Foxtrot 1 had gotten down in their grindlifts, and had been going pretty strong before they got to what was left of an apartment complex. They were jumped by some Locust, as well as a couple Theron Guards. The Sergent was hit first, and it was all downhill from there. Taylor walked out to the fire escape, and jumped across to the ajoined building. He then climbed up to the top from there, walking across to the edge of the complex. He lied down and took of his helmet, leaning his lancer against the edge before switching to the longshot. He peered down the sight, looking down at the Locust. He picked his first target, a drone walking along the edge of the camp, and waited. He soon found the oppurtunity he was waiting for. A Brumak entered the cavern, thumping it's way by on it's way to the surface. Taylor took aim, and fired in time with the giant's thundorous footfall. The drone was hit in the head, which exploded from the impact, and he fell unnoticed to the ground. Taylor released his held breath and reloaded his rifle.

juggernaut0003
((may i ask since im kinda well not kinda really new to the sight may i ask can i join the rp heh))

juggernaut0003
((may i ask can i join in on the rp if its ok heh))

Phoenix3068
You'll find this out soon but this RP died over 2 years ago. If someone wants to bring it back great but if not you kind of can't join something that nobody is participating in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.