Assisted Suicide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Mel1974~
Should the govenment pass a law allowing people to help others die if they are teminally ill? Or should people just suffer?

I think if someone is teminally ill, they have the right to die. After all, if our beloved pets are suffering we take them to the vet to be put to sleep, i feel that this should be the same for human's too.

Do you agree?

Bardock42
No.

They should ban a law that makes it illegal.

inimalist
any consentual action should legal, so long as all personally involved parties agree (a doctor should never be forced to perform an mercy killing)

NonSensi-Klown
No, because than at that point a murderer can kill someone than make it look like "assisted suicide".

"he wanted me to slit his throat! To ease the pain!"

no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No, because than at that point a murderer can kill someone than make it look like "assisted suicide".

"he wanted me to slit his throat! To ease the pain!"

no expression

Yeah, that would be feasible.

No, wait, it wouldn't be. Hmm

NonSensi-Klown
*Upside down no expression *

RedAlertv2
I think it should be legal as long as its perfectly consentual all around.

llagrok
I think the police or some kind of authority should be present if it's legal. It should be carried out in a professional manner, like pulling someone's plug, not just picking up your ol' glock and giving grandma cancer 4 in the chest.

inimalist
if your grandma is ok with it, why should the government be involved?

NonSensi-Klown
What if she wasn't okay with it?

llagrok
Originally posted by inimalist
if your grandma is ok with it, why should the government be involved?

Because they need to know that she was okay with it....

Bardock42
What if she wasn't okay with it?

Then it is called "murder". There's a law for that yes

shiv
either way contract killers are available, they are trained professionals, discreet and can provide references to perform assisted suicide.

Bardock42
Originally posted by shiv
either way contract killers are available, they are trained professionals, discreet and can provide references to perform assisted suicide. They are a bit costly though.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Bardock42
Then it is called "murder". There's a law for that yes

How would anyone know it was a murder? It's the word of someone who
s living vs. a dead woman. No witnesses and the usual circumstances being gone means the prosecution has no case. At all.

inimalist
Originally posted by llagrok
Because they need to know that she was okay with it....

guilty until proven innocent?

lol, wouldn't a signed contract suffice? Witnesses? I can think of lots of things the cops my tax dollars pay for could be doing rather than overseeing suicide

inimalist
s living vs. a dead woman. No witnesses and the usual circumstances being gone means the prosecution has no case. At all.

we have that problem now

if you kill someone with no evidence of murder, you wont be charged...

Sanctuary
s living vs. a dead woman. No witnesses and the usual circumstances being gone means the prosecution has no case. At all. That gets investigated then, just like it is now. If you want to be on the safe side...better let her sign a contract and have a notary bear wittness.

-Bardock42

dadudemon
Blaxican is correct.

The person would have to be found, within reason, legally mentally competent to make the decision to commit suicide. Also, only a licensed professional should perform the assisted suicide, not family, friends, etc. (Signature and a witness.)

If the person is not able to legally make a decision for themselves, then a family member based on the states specification of guardianship (such as Texas, where the oldest daughter makes that decision, etc.) will have to give consent.

If the person did not have any relatives to give consent and the person is unable to competently give legal consent, then a state officiator will operate on their behalf. This officiator will be the source of controversy as some may be too liberal and some may be too conservative.

llagrok
lol, wouldn't a signed contract suffice? Witnesses? I can think of lots of things the cops my tax dollars pay for could be doing rather than overseeing suicide

That would work too smile

NonSensi-Klown
lol, wouldn't a signed contract suffice?

Signatures can be forged. 6-Year olds do this.

Depends on the Witness. Family and friends/neighbors etc could be in on it. Perhaps a government sanctioned witness would work better. Random joe-blows= fail.

No matter how you look at it it's a very silly and faulty idea. Kill your own damn self.

llagrok
Kill your own damn self.

lol.

Bardock42

No matter how you look at it it's a very silly and faulty idea. Kill your own damn self.

I tend to agree. But assisted suicide can also be for those unable to kill themselves.

chillmeistergen
Signatures can be forged. 6-Year olds do this.

Ever heard of a notary?

NonSensi-Klown
Actually... no I haven't. no expression

*google'd*

Well if you're going to have a fecking "official" around, than why not just have offficial witness? It's Government intervention either way...

Bardock42
Actually... no I haven't. no expression

*google'd*

Well if you're going to have a fecking "official" around, than why not just have offficial witness? It's Government intervention either way... Not really. Notary's are privately used. They are there to cover yo' ass.

NonSensi-Klown
Perhaps I red the wrong definition, than.

Symmetric Chaos
I tend to agree. But assisted suicide can also be for those unable to kill themselves.

Why discourage creativity?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why discourage creativity? Cause creativity is for those that want to live.

dadudemon
Cause creativity is for those that want to live.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.