Quasar vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Quasar(Wendell Vaughn) vs Superman(Kal-El)

tkitna
Quasar

The Great Galen
Supes

ultimatethor
Quasar

Avlon
Supes.

iceman24567
Starting a trend are we? I'm suppose to type Quasar no?

gogogadgetgo
yes, yes you are. but since you didnt....

Quasar

Avlon
Originally posted by iceman24567
Starting a trend are we? I'm suppose to type Quasar no?

Wabbit season!

Endrict Nuul
Quasar

skygunner41
supes.

kgkg
:/

fangirl101
Has Quasar Beaten Thor, Surfer, Gladiator, Or anyone on Superman's level?

kgkg
Originally posted by fangirl101
Has Quasar Beaten Thor, Surfer, Gladiator, Or anyone on Superman's level? He lost to thor (was good fight) , he tied(lost to SS) never battled Gladiator that I can think of.

any one on Superman's level? yes look at his respect thread

Scuzz2.0
how is Surfer on supes lvl?
Quasar wins 8/10

skygunner41
Originally posted by kgkg
He lost to thor (was good fight) , he tied(lost to SS) never battled Gladiator that I can think of.

any one on Superman's level? yes look at his respect thread

I mean who do you think on supes level that he beat.

Enyalus
Superman.

iceman24567
I like this trend thing Quasar wins

darthgoober
Quasar. Supes is a Solar Energy Battery and Quasar's one of the best energy absorbers in comics. Seems pretty simple to me...

fangirl101
Quasar.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by darthgoober
Quasar. Supes is a Solar Energy Battery and Quasar's one of the best energy absorbers in comics. Seems pretty simple to me... its been stated though he hypermetabolizes the energy into a usable form, the solar energy doesnt stay in that state

darthgoober
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
its been stated though he hypermetabolizes the energy into a usable form, the solar energy doesnt stay in that state
Where was it stated that it's not stored as solar energy because I know people have referenced draining the solar energy out of his body before. He might hyper metabolize it for actual use, but I'm pretty sure it stays "as is" until then.

DestinyGuy678
Where was it stated that it's not stored as solar energy because I know people have referenced draining the solar energy out of his body before. He might hyper metabolize it for actual use, but I'm pretty sure it stays "as is" until then. has anyone ever been shown to actually drain supermans solar energy out?

because when he drained the maggedon bomb he stated he was able to hypermetabolize the anti-sunlight because it was just anther form of solar energy, if he hypermetabolizes it, it would no longer be i nthe form of solar energy

fangirl101
has anyone ever been shown to actually drain supermans solar energy out?

because when he drained the maggedon bomb he stated he was able to hypermetabolize the anti-sunlight because it was just anther form of solar energy, if he hypermetabolizes it, it would no longer be i nthe form of solar energy
Triumph was pwning Superman and was going to kill Superman by depleting his cells.

darthgoober
has anyone ever been shown to actually drain supermans solar energy out?

At least one person has...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/siphonenergy.jpg

...and I'm willing to bet that if I took the time to look I'd find more.

fangirl101
The Sun eater did it to Superman. Fighting Doomsday did it to Superman. And flying thru a red sun did it to Superman. Those are off top of my head of him getting depleted. And he was gone a long time in a couple of those instances.

rotiart
The Sun eater did it to Superman. Fighting Doomsday did it to Superman. And flying thru a red sun did it to Superman. Those are off top of my head of him getting depleted. And he was gone a long time in a couple of those instances. I thougt red sun only prevented superman from accssing his powers and not that it drained him

Philosophía
I also remember a Dr Polaris instance.

The explination the the solar energy is actually hypermetabolized still makes more sense though.

Originally posted by rotiart
I thougt red sun only prevented superman from accssing his powers and not that it drained him

thumb up

DestinyGuy678
The Sun eater did it to Superman. Fighting Doomsday did it to Superman. And flying thru a red sun did it to Superman. Those are off top of my head of him getting depleted. And he was gone a long time in a couple of those instances. didnt the sun eater just shoot him red sun radiation? that doesnt drain his solar enegy. how did doomsaday do it.

im not sure im just thikning if he hypermetabolizes his solar energy then I wouldnt think it could be drainined

and is quasar able to drain that much energy from superman?

darthgoober
didnt the sun eater just shoot him red sun radiation? that doesnt drain his solar enegy. how did doomsaday do it.

im not sure im just thikning if he hypermetabolizes his solar energy then I wouldnt think it could be drainined

and is quasar able to drain that much energy from superman?
I'd say so. The Quantum Bands are second only to Thor's hammer when it comes to absorbing/storing energy.

DestinyGuy678
I'd say so. The Quantum Bands are second only to Thor's hammer when it comes to absorbing/storing energy. how muc hwould that be...it hasnt been stated but superman has been shown (or stated) to absorb at least half a galaxies worth of energy

darthgoober
how muc hwould that be...it hasnt been stated but superman has been shown (or stated) to absorb at least half a galaxies worth of energy
Quasar doesn't really have a limit to the amount he can absorb because excess energy is shunted into the Quantum Zone. That kind of thing is hard to demonstrate of course, but if it's any indication he was able to absorb all the energy from Ego the living planet when Surfer couldn't.

DestinyGuy678
Quasar doesn't really have a limit to the amount he can absorb because excess energy is shunted into the Quantum Zone. That kind of thing is hard to demonstrate of course, but if it's any indication he was able to absorb all the energy from Ego the living planet when Surfer couldn't. also yo uhave toremember his cells are always restoring themselves as well

darthgoober
also yo uhave toremember his cells are always restoring themselves as well
Quasar can continuously drain energy though out the match from Supes and while Supes might be able to replace said energy, the drain is still going to weaken him and he'd have to be in top form to successfully take down Quasar. Quasar also has the ability to bend and manipulate light so there's a good chance he could take down Supes Dr. Polaris style by keeping him from being able to recharge at all.

I'm not saying that Supes couldn't make a fight of it if they're both "in character", but Quasar should win more often than not.

Avlon
I don't see that tactic being any more effective against Supes than against Surfer or Thanos, both who have an easier type of energy to siphon.

Wendell will have problems enough defending against Superman's sheer strength and speed. While a drain MIGHT kinda work, he'll be using precious resources on that and not defending himself.

If blows from Surfer hurt him even with full body armor on...then punches from Supes are really going to put him down for the count.

ultimatethor
Both surfer and thanos are high level energy manipulators themselves. Supes is not

darthgoober
Originally posted by Avlon
I don't see that tactic being any more effective against Supes than against Surfer or Thanos, both who have an easier type of energy to siphon.

Wendell will have problems enough defending against Superman's sheer strength and speed. While a drain MIGHT kinda work, he'll be using precious resources on that and not defending himself.

If blows from Surfer hurt him even with full body armor on...then punches from Supes are really going to put him down for the count.
When did he try the tactic against Thanos? Also, proof that Supes's energy is more difficult to syphon?

Avlon
When did he try the tactic against Thanos?

He hasn't. When he met Thanos in his own book.. He wasn't trying to fight him.

Also, proof that Supes's energy is more difficult to syphon?

When has Quasar absorbed bio-energy from someone he fought?

darthgoober
He hasn't. When he met Thanos in his own book.. He wasn't trying to fight him.
So if Supes doesn't blitz someone it means he can't right? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

When has Quasar absorbed bio-energy from someone he fought?
Proof that Supes's energy is stored as bio energy rather than solar energy?

ultimatethor
Quasar was absorbing Jack of hearts life force which might be classified as bio energy

Avlon
So if Supes doesn't blitz someone it means he can't right? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Neither is baseless speculation while we're on it. Unless you believe that had Quasar started to siphon energy from Thanos he would have had a chance.

Proof that Supes's energy is stored as bio energy rather than solar energy?

Proof of Quasar beating a Superman/Surfer/Thanos opponent with energy drain and simultaneous battle?

Professor Hamilton claimed it by the way...and no, I'm not going to search through hundreds of my comics for one panel.

darthgoober
Neither is baseless speculation while we're on it. Unless you believe that had Quasar started to siphon energy from Thanos he would have had a chance.
I don't personally belive it would have made a difference against Thanos, but that's just my opinion. I'm not making any claims in regards to Quasar/Thanos, but I'm also not making any claims about Supes not being able to blitz because he never tried it in specific encounters.

Proof of Quasar beating a Superman/Surfer/Thanos opponent with energy drain and simultaneous battle?
He went toe to toe with Surfer, that's good enough to me. Proof of Supes beating an opponent on Quasar's level while in a drained state?

Professor Hamilton claimed it by the way...and no, I'm not going to search through hundreds of my comics for one panel.
And yet it's directly contradicted by Supes himself in the scan with him and Triumph? Which do you think it's portrayed as more often?

Good, then you can stop asking the same of Surfer's fans smile .

ultimatethor
Why are supes thanos and surfer being grouped together? Two are high end energy manipulators while one is not

Avlon
I don't personally belive it would have made a difference against Thanos, but that's just my opinion. I'm not making any claims in regards to Quasar/Thanos, but I'm also not making any claims about Supes not being able to blitz because he never tried it in specific encounters.

I don't personally believe it would have made a difference against Thanos either...just like it didn't with Surfer. Thus, I don't see it making a difference with Supes.

He went toe to toe with Surfer, that's good enough to me. Proof of Supes beating an opponent on Quasar's level while in a drained state?

Still waiting for proof of Quasar being able to drain Bio energy, especially in battle. He was in pain from simple cosmic blasts and yet he's going to laugh off hits from Supes...right...

You can try and prove it's in character too while you're at it.

And yet it's directly contradicted by Supes himself in the scan with him and Triumph? Which do you think it's portrayed as more often?

Good, then you can stop asking the same of Surfer's fans smile .

Great, and thus yet nobody has been able to beat and drain Superman in the manner you are suggesting on panel. Debate over. smile

darthgoober

fangirl101

darthgoober
In defense of Superman, Triumph was Physically Superior To Superman. So he could just hold him there while draining Him. Not many people can claim to be faster than Superman, with the powers Triumph had.
But Quasar's shown the ability to drain from a distance so that won't be a problem unless there's something to show that you HAVE to make physical contact to drain Supes.

fangirl101
But Quasar's shown the ability to drain from a distance so that won't be a problem unless there's something to show that you HAVE to make physical contact to drain Supes.
I've never seen anyone do it without physical contact, or literally cutting off the sun's rays. And then it took time. I still think Quasar can win.

darthgoober
I've never seen anyone do it without physical contact, or literally cutting off the sun's rays. And then it took time. I still think Quasar can win.
Just because Supes's foes decide to bring the fight in up close and personal it doesn't mean that it's a requirement. He's shown a vulnerability to draining and Quasar's shown the ability to drain from a distance. Now if there was some mention of the necessity that's one thing, but without it being mentioned it's nothing more than conjecture to say that you HAVE to make physical contact in order for it to be successful. Not that you yourself are actually making that claim mind you, but sooner or later I'm pretty sure that someone's gonna.

Avlon

darthgoober
See Ruin.Eclipso.Luthor. Etc.
Scans or issue numbers so I can see for myself?

You have to support your claim of Quasar being able to defend against someone as powerful as Superman in confrontation while being able to absorb the type of energy that you claim.
We already know he can because he did it against Surfer.

Quasar also needed a device to do so to ego. Details. Details.
He didn't beat Surfer...and SS was still causing him great pain.
Surfer's not Supes. And I've only HEARD about one instance to support the claim that it's not stored as solar energy(which runs counter to Supes's own words against Triumph). And without a scan or at least an issue number to support the claim I don't buy it.

You propped up the scan. Did you read the story or just "borrow" a scan?
Borrowed it. Now answer the question.

Avlon
Scans or issue numbers so I can see for myself?

All findable in his respect thread.

We already know he can because he did it against Surfer.

And did not win...

Surfer's not Supes. And I've only HEARD about one instance to support the claim that it's not stored as solar energy(which runs counter to Supes's own words against Triumph). And without a scan or at least an issue number to support the claim I don't buy it.

And I've yet to see proof of a certain claim that you made and have been dodging all night....

If you really want to play semantics games (and it's laughable that you think it's not obvious...) then no problem...

Borrowed it. Now answer the question.

Sure...soon as you provide me with the proof I've been waiting for all night.

darthgoober
All findable in his respect thread.
The respect thread is 82 pages long and is full of unreliable information and misconstrued scans, I'm not looking there for accurate info. Forum rules stipulate that all claims must be backed by evidence from canon sources and a respect thread in no way qualifies as such. So scans or issue numbers please.

And did not win...
He still did it. Now you need to show proof that suggest Supes can accomplish what Surfer did.

And I've yet to see proof of a certain claim that you made and have been dodging all night....

If you really want to play semantics games (and it's laughable that you think it's not obvious...) then no problem...
I already told you that I didn't know and was checking on it.

Sure...soon as you provide me with the proof I've been waiting for all night.
What claim do you need proof on exactly? The claim that the Infinity Crusade happened before the Unilord Saga, the claim that after being upgraded by the Blackbody he was able to absorb and store enough power to equal the Unilord, or the claim that Surfer hasn't had trouble storing energy since the Unilord Saga? Because I'm pretty sure that those are the only actual claims I made about it. When you started probing I said I'd check on it and left the thread alone while I do so. Notice I'm not there arguing the point now? Hell feel free to go overthere and press your side all you want, I won't say a damn thing about it without proof to support my arguement.

kgkg
Keep at it folks big grin

Avlon
The respect thread is 82 pages long and is full of unreliable information and misconstrued scans, I'm not looking there for accurate info. Forum rules stipulate that all claims must be backed by evidence from canon sources and a respect thread in no way qualifies as such. So scans or issue numbers please.

Unreliable information like a certain Blackbody upgrade was kept even though no proof of the kind has been shown?

I do understand concerns when it comes to respect threads..HOWEVER, you can still see and make up your own mind as long as complete scans are posted. It's not like you are forced to go with the poster's intent...

He still did it. Now you need to show proof that suggest Supes can accomplish what Surfer did.

Did what? NOT win his fight against Surfer?

I already told you that I didn't know and was checking on it.

If you don't know. How can you make the claim? Isn't the first thing that you brought up "Forum rules stipulate that all claims must be backed by evidence from canon sources?"

What claim do you need proof on exactly? The claim that the Infinity Crusade happened before the Unilord Saga, the claim that after being upgraded by the Blackbody he was able to absorb and store enough power to equal the Unilord, or the claim that Surfer hasn't had trouble storing energy since the Unilord Saga? Because those are the only claims I made about it. When you started probing I said I'd check on it and left the thread alone while I do so. Notice I'm not there arguing the point now?

You've claimed that he kept the Blackbody upgrade and that he could absorb a sun correct? Where is it stated that he kept that upgrade and where has it been shown that he can absorb an entire sun on panel?

Superman HAS absorbed an entire Sun on panel. On panel Surfer has absorbed a portion of a sun and nearly gone insane and lost his cognitive functions...

Avlon
Originally posted by kgkg
Keep at it folks big grin

Maybe later. Sleepy time now. Worky work soon. embarrasment

darthgoober
Unreliable information like a certain Blackbody upgrade was kept even though no proof of the kind has been shown?
I'm of the opinion that if it wasn't stated that he lost then he still has it. If you disagree that's fine, but tonight I haven't even actually claimed that he still has it. And I didn't claim that he kept it in the respect thread either...

vs. Unilord- Yes Surfer was powered up by the Blackbody in this fight, but he never actually got rid of that upgrade…

I do understand concerns when it comes to respect threads..HOWEVER, you can still see and make up your own mind as long as complete scans are posted. It's not like you are forced to go with the poster's intent...
I could... but fortunately enough I don't have to muddle through that mess because it's not a canon source. If you make the claim, it has to be backed by evidence from a canon source just as the Forum Rules stipulate here...

"No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it."

I'm not doing your work for you. You made the claim so you can back it up or concede the point.

Did what? NOT win his fight against Surfer?
Successfully used the tactic against someone as powerful as Supes while in combat(which is what you asked for proof of). Now you show Supes resisting the tactic in combat so we can see how he'd stack up to Quasar while doing so since he's not Surfer.

If you don't know. How can you make the claim? Isn't the first thing that you brought up "Forum rules stipulate that all claims must be backed by evidence from canon sources?"
Are you dyslexic or do you just not actually read other peoples posts? Here's the post I made...

That was during the Infinity Crusade which was before Surfer was upgraded by the Blackbody during the Unilord Saga. And after that upgrade his body was able to contain enough power to equal the Unilord. To my knowledge he hasn't shown any problems from absorbing too much energy since then.

Not that I'm saying it would make any difference in this fight, I just thought I'd point that out.

And here's the claim you made in response...
The Infinity Crusade is a definite on panel example though. As for the blackbody upgrade. Is there anything on panel which says that Surfer kept it afterwards?

And here was my response...
Is there anything on panel that specifically says that Supes kept his powerup after the incident involving Cyborg and the Eradicator?

I didn't actually claim that Surfer definitely kept the Blackbody upgrade. I'm of the opinion he did and geared my initial posts with that in mind because he was never stated as losing it(at least to my knowledge). I brought up Supes/Cyborg/Eradicator because you've mentioned it before and I was trying to find common ground for you to relate to. But I never said that he had for sure and I said I'd go look as soon as I read up on Supes's upgrade.

You've claimed that he kept the Blackbody upgrade and that he could absorb a sun correct? Where is it stated that he kept that upgrade and where has it been shown that he can absorb an entire sun on panel?
What the Hell, no I didn't. I've said it in the past because different people have different standards of what constitutes proof. But since you made it clear that you wouldn't accept anything less than it being outright stated and I was unable to find any common ground to lower your standards I made no such claims about it because I wouldn't have been able to back them up.

Superman HAS absorbed an entire Sun on panel. On panel Surfer has absorbed a portion of a sun and nearly gone insane and lost his cognitive functions...
Which has what to do with this debate? Quit trying to change the subject and back the claims you made.

The Great Galen
Supes wins, quasar isnt bad but Supes speed,striking power and durability are to much to overcome. He takes it 8/10

ultimatethor
Supes is an energy based being and quasars bands are set to detect any incoming energy signature and throw up the appropriate defenses. Regardless supes wont even use his superspeed as a startout tactic while quasar certainly will go for energy draining from the get go.

The Great Galen
Supes cells regenerate after being drained, a very overlooked ability for some reason. Anyhow Supes only needs to rush towards Quasar for this fight to be over.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Supes cells regenerate after being drained, a very overlooked ability for some reason. Anyhow Supes only needs to rush towards Quasar for this fight to be over.

Yes supes cells regenerate after being drained but can u prove that it is at a level superior to what quasar can absorb? In other words instantaneous regeneration? As i said quasars bands will detect supes energy signature and throw up appropriate defenses. Supes also wont go for the big hit from the get go anyway while quasar certainly will play to his strength which is energy absorption as he ties to do in most fights.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Yes supes cells regenerate after being drained but can u prove that it is at a level superior to what quasar can absorb? In other words instantaneous regeneration? As i said quasars bands will detect supes energy signature and throw up appropriate defenses. Supes also wont go for the big hit from the get go anyway while quasar certainly will play to his strength which is energy absorption as he ties to do in most fights.

Why woulnt Supes go for the imediate haymaker, both characters will play to there advantages. I remember Supes cells rengerating fairly quickly, im gonna have to check for exact speed.

Enyalus
Supes drawing power from the Sun - does that really fall under the KMC "basic knowledge" rules? It's not really obvious unless you know about Kryptonians...

ultimatethor
Why woulnt Supes go for the imediate haymaker, both characters will play to there advantages. I remember Supes cells rengerating fairly quickly, im gonna have to check for exact speed.

Umm...Because its way out of character? Quasar actually does go for energy absorption against nearly every energy based opponent. He has even said on panel that it is his preferred tactic.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Enyalus
Supes drawing power from the Sun - does that really fall under the KMC "basic knowledge" rules? It's not really obvious unless you know about Kryptonians...

It does not need to fall under basic knowledge because quasar can detect the energy signatures of beings.

The Great Galen
Umm...Because its way out of character? Quasar actually does go for energy absorption against nearly every energy based opponent. He has even said on panel that it is his preferred tactic.

Supes is a brawler...his first instict is to bring the fight to his opponent. He's already blitz city full of villians so it isnt"that"out of character.

ultimatethor
Supes is a brawler...his first instict is to bring the fight to his opponent. He's already blitz city full of villians so it isnt"that"out of character.

Those are villains whom he knows and hence wants to quickly dispose of in order to save civilians. This is not a regular tactic for him. Also he would have to hit quasar at pretty high speeds to get in before his shields( speeds which could kill him and we all know how supes feels about that). Speed which he is reluctant to instantly use against people that he knows and regularly fights let alone quasar, a totally new opponent.

Avlon
I'm of the opinion that if it wasn't stated that he lost then he still has it. If you disagree that's fine, but tonight I haven't even actually claimed that he still has it. And I didn't claim that he kept it in the respect thread either...

In other words... you don't have anything but speculation...once again...by your own example.

I could... but fortunately enough I don't have to muddle through that mess because it's not a canon source. If you make the claim, it has to be backed by evidence from a canon source just as the Forum Rules stipulate here...

Try buying a comic then otherwise, last I remember on panel proof is canon. A lot more common than "I didn't say he still still has it but hey, if he hasn't said he's lost it..." very Bill Clinton-ish. wink

"No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it."

So get to proving. Quasar did not beat Surfer who was hurting him with simple blasts. Funny how you left out that Quasar needed a machine to absorb Bio energy. smile

I'm not doing your work for you. You made the claim so you can back it up or concede the point.

I've done more research than you on this from the looks of it.

Successfully used the tactic against someone as powerful as Supes while in combat(which is what you asked for proof of). Now you show Supes resisting the tactic in combat so we can see how he'd stack up to Quasar while doing so since he's not Surfer.

I named a few examples for you AND in your example...Quasar did not win his fight. LOL

Are you dyslexic or do you just not actually read other peoples posts? Here's the post I made...

And here's the claim you made in response...

And here was my response...

I think your game of twisty word is confusing you. Maybe it's time to go back to your clone wars.

I didn't actually claim that Surfer definitely kept the Blackbody upgrade. I'm of the opinion he did and geared my initial posts with that in mind because he was never stated as losing it(at least to my knowledge). I brought up Supes/Cyborg/Eradicator because you've mentioned it before and I was trying to find common ground for you to relate to. But I never said that he had for sure and I said I'd go look as soon as I read up on Supes's upgrade.

So you aren't claiming kept the blackbody upgrade, but yet you are in the opinion that he did keep it because it was not stated that he lost it and you bring it up in debate as a point.

Bill Clinton strikes again guys!

What the Hell, no I didn't. I've said it in the past because different people have different standards of what constitutes proof. But since you made it clear that you wouldn't accept anything less than it being outright stated and I was unable to find any common ground to lower your standards I made no such claims about it because I wouldn't have been able to back them up.

LOL...and now you are on some high moral ground. You are the one who won't look at scans and don't trust respect threads. Guess you shouldn't use scans from the SS respect thread either.

Which has what to do with this debate? Quit trying to change the subject and back the claims you made.

How about you actually prove something instead of playing Bill "I did not inhale" Clinton tactics?

smile

darthgoober
In other words... you don't have anything but speculation...once again...by your own example.
We've already covered Surfer and I already said that I'll be checking into it and won't press the point until I find proof. Now get back to the debate at hand and stop trying to change the subject...

Try buying a comic then otherwise, last I remember on panel proof is canon. A lot more common than "I didn't say he still still has it but hey, if he hasn't said he's lost it..." very Bill Clinton-ish. wink
On Panel proof is canon, but a respect thread isn't. So post some on panel proof and we can move forward.

So get to proving. Quasar did not beat Surfer who was hurting him with simple blasts. Funny how you left out that Quasar needed a machine to absorb Bio energy. smile
Prove what? Quasar was draining Surfer in combat, we both know that to be fact so I don't need to prove that he can drain people while in combat because you already recognize the fact that he was doing it in his battle with Surfer. The question is how Supes will handle the tactic and for that we need proof from your side because Supes isn't Surfer and feats for one don't carry over to the other. Supes's respect thread isn't a canon source to DC so go find your evidence because I'm under no obligation to do your work for you.

I've done more research than you on this from the looks of it.
Good now prove it and provide some evidence for a change.

I named a few examples for you AND in your example...Quasar did not win his fight. LOL
Yes you named a few examples but unfortunately I know longer trust your word on matters involving Supes so I'm going to need evidence from a canon source in the form of scans or issue numbers of the encounters in question.

I think your game of twisty word is confusing you. Maybe it's time to go back to your clone wars.
I'm obviously not the one that's confused...

So you aren't claiming kept the blackbody upgrade, but yet you are in the opinion that he did keep it because it was not stated that he lost it and you bring it up in debate as a point.

Bill Clinton strikes again guys!
In debates with people that are more reasonable with you sure. I haven't actually tried to debate the point though have I?

LOL...and now you are on some high moral ground. You are the one who won't look at scans and don't trust respect threads. Guess you shouldn't use scans from the SS respect thread either.
I will look at scans, all you have to do is provide some. If you're too lazy to fetch them yourself then just give me issue numbers.

How about you actually prove something instead of playing Bill "I did not inhale" Clinton tactics?

smile
I haven't made a claim that still needs to be proven. I already showed an instance of draining working successfully on Supes and you yourself admit that Quasar was using draining while in combat with Surfer, that's all the evidence that's needed from my side at this point. Now what we need is proof of Supes resisting the tactic in combat from you and the debate can move forward...

Avlon
We've already covered Surfer and I already said that I'll be checking into it and won't press the point until I find proof. Now get back to the debate at hand and stop trying to change the subject...

Still waiting...

On Panel proof is canon, but a respect thread isn't. So post some on panel proof and we can move forward.

And there are plenty of on panel and muti page scans in one. Keep playing games Darth...

Prove what? Quasar was draining Surfer in combat, we both know that to be fact so I don't need to prove that he can drain people while in combat because you already recognize the fact that he was doing it in his battle with Surfer. The question is how Supes will handle the tactic and for that we need proof from your side because Supes isn't Surfer and feats for one don't carry over to the other. Supes's respect thread isn't a canon source to DC so go find your evidence because I'm under no obligation to do your work for you.

And yet again you play word games. I gave you names, there are scans, and there are things called comics.

You haven't actually provided proof on your end. You just lucked out that I KNOW the material that YOU referenced.

Point is... Quasar still did not win...no matter how you go around it.

Yes you named a few examples but unfortunately I know longer trust your word on matters involving Supes so I'm going to need evidence from a canon source in the form of scans or issue numbers of the encounters in question.

I know YOU aren't questioning integrity. If you're trying to make things personal..just outright say it. smile

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.downloadsquad.com/media/2008/10/email-lies.jpg

I'm obviously not the one that's confused...

Apparently you are.

In debates with people that are more reasonable with you sure. I haven't actually tried to debate the point though have I?

Reasonable? Bill Clinton tactics yet again.

I will look at scans, all you have to do is provide some. If you're too lazy to fetch them yourself then just give me issue numbers.

You have yet to provide any of your own. How hypocritical.

I haven't made a claim that still needs to be proven. I already showed an instance of draining working successfully on Supes and you yourself admit that Quasar was using draining while in combat with Surfer, that's all the evidence that's needed from my side at this point. Now what we need is proof of Supes resisting the tactic in combat from you and the debate can move forward...

Sure... you're still trying to play twisty word. Where did Quasar win his fight?

DestinyGuy678
Yes supes cells regenerate after being drained but can u prove that it is at a level superior to what quasar can absorb? In other words instantaneous regeneration? As i said quasars bands will detect supes energy signature and throw up appropriate defenses. Supes also wont go for the big hit from the get go anyway while quasar certainly will play to his strength which is energy absorption as he ties to do in most fights. he doesnt need them at their full potential though, superman has shown he is still powerful eve nwhen weakened (him and zod were tearing up a planet while fighitng under a red sun)

darthgoober
Still waiting...

And there are plenty of on panel and muti page scans in one. Keep playing games Darth...

And yet again you play word games. I gave you names, there are scans, and there are things called comics.

You haven't actually provided proof on your end. You just lucked out that I KNOW the material that YOU referenced.

Point is... Quasar still did not win...no matter how you go around it.

I know YOU aren't questioning integrity. If you're trying to make things personal..just outright say it. smile

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.downloadsquad.com/media/2008/10/email-lies.jpg

Apparently you are.

Reasonable? Bill Clinton tactics yet again.

You have yet to provide any of your own. How hypocritical.

Sure... you're still trying to play twisty word. Where did Quasar win his fight?
IDK what happened to you Avy. I mean you used to be a reasonable and respectable poster, but your misconstruing of scans(such as the Supes/Zod fight) combined with your now ridiculous arguments and refusal to show proof of any kind have left me with no alternative than to put you on ignore, and that's something that didn't even do with nvr. So congrats on being the first person and only person on my ignore list...

... Oh and reported for trolling and refusing to abide by forum rules.

darthgoober
he doesnt need them at their full potential though, superman has shown he is still powerful eve nwhen weakened (him and zod were tearing up a planet while fighitng under a red sun)
Untrue. That's an outright lie that's been perpetuated by a formerly respectable poster. Supes and Zod were spiritually tied to the planet, that's why it was being destroyed as the fight went on.

darthgoober
Anyway Quasar wins for the following reasons unless proof come forward on Supes's behalf...
Quasar. Supes is a Solar Energy Battery and Quasar's one of the best energy absorbers in comics. Seems pretty simple to me...

ultimatethor
he doesnt need them at their full potential though, superman has shown he is still powerful eve nwhen weakened (him and zod were tearing up a planet while fighitng under a red sun)

lies. I dont know why some people are delibrately using that feat when they know its context( not talking about u in particular).

Badabing
Av and Goob, I don't know what the problem is but please take it to a PM. Thank you.

durband

DestinyGuy678
Untrue. That's an outright lie that's been perpetuated by a formerly respectable poster. Supes and Zod were spiritually tied to the planet, that's why it was being destroyed as the fight went on. oh sorry, well superman took the explosion of a suneater after being hit with red sun radiation

DestinyGuy678
lies. I dont know why some people are delibrately using that feat when they know its context( not talking about u in particular). didn't know sorry

Avlon
IDK what happened to you Avy. I mean you used to be a reasonable and respectable poster, but your misconstruing of scans(such as the Supes/Zod fight) combined with your now ridiculous arguments and refusal to show proof of any kind have left me with no alternative than to put you on ignore, and that's something that didn't even do with nvr. So congrats on being the first person and only person on my ignore list...

Good riddance. Your misconstruing of scans and trying to make points with silly cases like "space wind" and ""Quasar drained BIO energy" (nevermind that he needed a machine to do it) and now blatant dodging and playing of twisty word make you a less than reasonable debater as is. If you are going to point fingers...look in the mirror.

You won't be missed.

... Oh and reported for trolling and refusing to abide by forum rules.

Trolling suits you better. Next time you have marital issues, I suggest you don't post a topic about it in the vs thread. smile

Avlon
oh sorry, well superman took the explosion of a suneater after being hit with red sun radiation

I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone who reads Superman on a regular basis knows Quasar isn't the one to beat him. wink

Plus

Mr. Morals here hasn't even paid for a comic book in a decade. smile

I download all of my comics and don't feel bad about it in any way, shape, or form. I do have a few hard copy's from back when I was a teenager but it's been somewhere in the area of 10 years since I last paid money for a comic book.

Originally posted by Badabing
Av and Goob, I don't know what the problem is but please take it to a PM. Thank you.

durband

I'm done with him. Back on topic Supes ftw.

Priest
Trolling suits you better. Next time you have marital issues, I suggest you don't post a topic about it in the vs thread. smile
That wasn't cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.