Revan(post Kotor) vs Starkiller(ls)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan 063
1) saber

2) force

3) all out

Darth Exodus
Epic.thumbup

Going on actual feats, Starkiller wreaks. On congecture and speculation, Revan wins with mindnumbing difficulty.

Mizukage Yoda
Wasn't there just a thread about this?

SIDIOUS 66
Starkiller wins every battle each and every time. What has Revan done so special for people to think he is so powerful?

Master Crimzon
He porked Bastilla Shan. And that, my friend, is a more impressive feat than anything Galen Marek ever did.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
He porked Bastilla Shan. And that, my friend, is a more impressive feat than anything Galen Marek ever did. Totally wicked dude.

And a surprising amount of Win coming from Exodus' post.

Master Crimzon
Yes, I am indeed a most wicked member of these forums. evil face

Darth Sexy
The saber battle would probably go to Starkiller, but the force and overall battles go to Revan, who had more knowledge and mastery of the force, and was a better tactician.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
The saber battle would probably go to Starkiller, but the force and overall battles go to Revan, who had more knowledge and mastery of the force, and was a better tactician.

Not so sure on that.

Darth Sexy
Which parts? You want to argue overall mastery of the force? Variety of techniques? All of that goes to Revan.

SIDIOUS 66
He porked Bastilla Shan. And that, my friend, is a more impressive feat than anything Galen Marek ever did.

Even more impressive than defeating Rahm Kota, Shaak Ti, Vader, and absorbing Sidious's lightning for some time?

SIDIOUS 66
Which parts? You want to argue overall mastery of the force? Variety of techniques? All of that goes to Revan.

There is no doubt that Revan was a far more intelligent being, and was a way better leader than Galen could ever hope to be. But as far as power in the force, Galen has shown more. Most of Revan's more powerful techniques required meditation and boost from other force users; example: the thought bomb.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Even more impressive than defeating Rahm Kota, Shaak Ti, Vader, and absorbing Sidious's lightning for some time?

Yes. By far.

You know I'm only joking, right? Starkiller would beat the crap out of Revan.

SIDIOUS 66
Lol people seem to get me everytime.

Gideon

Darth Revan was something of a scholar, Starkiller was not. Despite his more limited techniques, however, he has demonstrated feats well in excess of Revan's own.

- He dominated General Rahm Kota in combat, an experienced and seasoned Jedi Master who was capable of casually reflecting Sith lightning, deflecting telekinesis, and even partially deflecting Starkiller's Force grip. Kota was also, by the way, revered as a tactical genius.

- He dominated and killed Kazdan Paratus, whom Vader initially considered to be "far more powerful" than Starkiller. Paratus, by himself, was capable of "destroying legions of Confederacy droids," creating an entire replica of the Jedi Temple, and creating and empowering a vast droid army through the Force.

- He, from the novelization, stood against Shaak Ti, a Jedi revered for her incredible lightsaber skills, despite the fact that she also manipulated the mind of a native Sarlaac (one of the largest in the galaxy) to aid her in her battle against Starkiller. Granted, the novelization depicts that she nearly killed him due to superior lightsaber.

- He gripped an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, turned it around, lifted it up, and then tugged the entire thing down on an Imperial ore cannon.

- He battled through armies of Force empowered droids and militant Force empowered Felucians.

- He immobilized an AT-AT with Force lightning and then shoved it over with the Force.

- He defeats Darth Vader in single combat.

- Becoming one with the Force, he destroys the Emperor's observation tower and leaves a megafugging dent in the Death Star.

Kotor3

Enyalus
Kota wasn't a master. He was a knight.

How is Galen able to destroy Kazdan if Vader thinks Kazdan was much more powerful?

Faunus

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
Darth Revan was something of a scholar, Starkiller was not. Despite his more limited techniques, however, he has demonstrated feats well in excess of Revan's own.
He has ripped out the language of an entire species? He has created a patented version of the force storm? He has ancient sith techniques (that made Bane shit his pants) under his belt? I'm afraid regardless of what we've seen from Starkiller, he doesn't have the knowledge nor force mastery to defeat Revan.

Revan defeat armies of Star Forge droids, which were a match for any Jedi.

This puts him over Revan how? I'd say Revan would defeat Vader as well.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
To be fair, Obi-Wan did as much while high in Labyrinth of Evil, depending on how you define "legions."

Obi-Wan was described as being deep within the Force at that moment as well. Not surprising, since he roots his ass within the Force more than any single individual in the mythos.

And when did Kenobi become a push over?

I'll look into it.

In the comic, it is an explosion between Marek and Palpatine's energies. In the game, it is a deflection of Palpatine's Force lightning. In the novel, it is Marek becoming one with the Force. It is implied, however, that he became one with the Force throughout the entire thing. In the novel, when he does become one with the Force, he explodes the tower. In the comic, it is just partially responsible.

And I was convinced that this was the case until the official databank made its profile.

From the official databank:

"Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious. Bombarded by Force lightning, Starkiller did not fight back but instead unleashed all the power of the Force within him, causing a tremendous blast that shattered the Emperor's tower and caused enough of a distraction to allow Eclipse and the Rebel Senators to escape."

And Darth Sexy, address the whole issue, please, or be courteous enough to concede the specific points you can't argue against.

Darth Sexy
What issue would that be escape? All you did was play feat wars..

Gideon
I've already acknowledged Darth Revan's superiority in terms of the spectrum of techniques that he is likely to know. And yet that still doesn't guarentee him victory, unless you can prove that Revan is more powerful than he is.

Darth Sexy
I've already acknowledged Darth Revan's superiority in terms of the spectrum of techniques that he is likely to know. And yet that still doesn't guarentee him victory, unless you can prove that Revan is more powerful than he is.

I didn't say it guaranteed him victory but based on the fact that Revan is indeed the superior tactician, regardless of Starkiller's battle with Kota, and the fact that his overall mastery of the force and broad spectrum of techniques exceed those of Starkiller, it's more likely than not. In a saber duel it would be much difference, especially since Revan is an unknown.

Mizukage Yoda

- He dominated General Rahm Kota in combat, an experienced and seasoned Jedi Master who was capable of casually reflecting Sith lightning, deflecting telekinesis, and even partially deflecting Starkiller's Force grip. Kota was also, by the way, revered as a tactical genius.

- He dominated and killed Kazdan Paratus, whom Vader initially considered to be "far more powerful" than Starkiller. Paratus, by himself, was capable of "destroying legions of Confederacy droids," creating an entire replica of the Jedi Temple, and creating and empowering a vast droid army through the Force.

- He, from the novelization, stood against Shaak Ti, a Jedi revered for her incredible lightsaber skills, despite the fact that she also manipulated the mind of a native Sarlaac (one of the largest in the galaxy) to aid her in her battle against Starkiller. Granted, the novelization depicts that she nearly killed him due to superior lightsaber.

- He gripped an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, turned it around, lifted it up, and then tugged the entire thing down on an Imperial ore cannon.

- He battled through armies of Force empowered droids and militant Force empowered Felucians.

- He immobilized an AT-AT with Force lightning and then shoved it over with the Force.

- He defeats Darth Vader in single combat.

- Becoming one with the Force, he destroys the Emperor's observation tower and leaves a megafugging dent in the Death Star.
Where is the AT-AT thing, I've never seen that in the Comic or the Game, is that in the Novel???I'm not questioning it I just want to see it big grin

Gideon
I didn't say it guaranteed him victory but based on the fact that Revan is indeed the superior tactician, regardless of Starkiller's battle with Kota,

Erm, what? You cite Revan's superior abilities as a tactition as a reason for why you believe he'd emerge victorious and yet disregard the fact that General Kota was also considered a "military genius"? That's not going to fly.

Can you substantiate it? List some of the great Force techniques that Darth Revan is known to possess?

The fact of the matter remains that while he may be more knowledgeable than Starkiller, nothing suggests that his power is greater.

He's a virtual unknown in both. It can be safely assumed that his knowledge exceeds Starkiller. But that's it.

@ MY, it is in the novel, during the raid on the Death Star.

Darth Sexy
Erm, what? You cite Revan's superior abilities as a tactition as a reason for why you believe he'd emerge victorious and yet disregard the fact that General Kota was also considered a "military genius"? That's not going to fly.
We've seen Revan's military genius. What have we seen from Kota besides the fact that he was called a "military genius"? Try being a military genius with an exceptional command of both sides of the force.

Revan plundered Korriban and Malachor V. Listing the techniques is irrelevant. His knowledge and command of the force is shown to be greater than Starkiller's.

Nothing suggests the opposite either. However, since he has more mastery of the force and a broader spectrum of techniques, there's little going for Starkiller here.

Gideon
We've seen Revan's military genius. What have we seen from Kota besides the fact that he was called a "military genius"? Try being a military genius with an exceptional command of both sides of the force.

General Kota had been raiding Imperial targets for months and quickly took control over one of the Empire's "most critical shipyards."

An impressive accolade given that the Empire is far more dangerous and well equipped than any and all of Revan's foes. Combined.

Yes, but you haven't proven how that is going to make a difference against a foe who, by all accounts, has demonstrated superior power compared to Revan.

What are Darth Revan's most impressive feats in regards to combat? Traya drains three Jedi Masters and kills them simultaneously. Darth Nihilus can rip an interdictor out of a gravity well and drain a planet. Darth Sion is semi-invincible. Those are some KotOR Sith Lords whom we do have working knowledge of their feats and abilities. Name something that can contend with Starkiller manipulating an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, defeating opponents who have demonstrated remarkable prowess with the Force, including Darth Vader, managing to 'defeat' Palpatine himself (though, granted, his priority was to convert Starkiller), and unleashing the Force in such a manner that he put a tremendous dent in a planetoid space station.

There's quite a bit going for him, actually.

Red Nemesis
I have a strange urge to argue with Gideon, even though he has taken the position that I would have. Devil's Advocate? anyone?

Gideon
Unless your username happens to be Advent, God, Publius, or... um.. Adgodius... you do not wish to do that, my young padawan.

truejedi
i'm tempted to play KOTOR again... its been a long time... i never did play it either way enough to get either lightside aligned, or darkside aligned....(like the extreme of one or the other, don't remember exactly what that's called either...) does it make any actual difference in gameplay?

Darth Sexy
General Kota had been raiding Imperial targets for months and quickly took control over one of the Empire's "most critical shipyards."

An impressive accolade given that the Empire is far more dangerous and well equipped than any and all of Revan's foes. Combined.
This is more impressive than driving off the Mandalorians and then coming within a "hairsbreadth" of conquering the republic by force? Strange.

What do you define as superior? While bringing down a star destroyer (don't know the details of that) is hot, so is ripping out a language from an entire species.

SIDIOUS 66
How is ripping a language from a species head going to help in a fight?

Darth Sexy
It's not but we're providing examples of force mastery. Obviously it won't. But I fail to see what Starkiller could do to Revan.

SIDIOUS 66
It's not but we're providing examples of force mastery. Obviously it won't. But I fail to see what Starkiller could do to Revan.

Maybe crush him with huge objects, blast him with force lightning, force throw him, and all the other things he did to his other foes. Galen has shown far more raw power than Revan, and also has a lot of control over it.

My question is what would Revan do to Galen?

Gideon
Surprisingly, Sidious 66 put that very succinctly.

Spartan 063
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Maybe crush him with huge objects, blast him with force lightning, force throw him, and all the other things he did to his other foes. Galen has shown far more raw power than Revan, and also has a lot of control over it.

My question is what would Revan do to Galen?

Revan was able to master force storm, which if I recall is much more potent then force lightning.

Then he went on to defeat Malak while he was empowered by the dark side.

Malak even said his former master (revan) was always powerful in the force.

During the mandalorian wars Revan fought mandalore the ultimate and defeated him in one on one combat, and they were wearing beskar armor wich is lightsaber resistant.

Autokrat
Galen is a wrecking ball of destructive power, while I would say Revan is certainly smarter and more knowledgeable, he gets shock ass owned by Forceroids Galen.

Gideon
First, understand that there is only one Force Storm. And that would be the one conjured by Palpatine. The KotOR 'Force storm' is a more potent version of Sith lightning; not a separate attack. It was merely used to fit the game's level functions.

Understand that Starkiller has demonstrated remarkable potency in his Sith lightning, capable of immobilizing AT-AT walkers and overloading tremendous cannons.

Second, Starkiller defeated Darth Vader. And then held off Palpatine. More impressive, in my opinion, than beating any version of Darth Malak.

Third, no one is denying that Revan's powerful. But he might not be as powerful as Starkiller.

Fourth, see all those uber-Jedi whom Starkiller defeated. Not impressed with his scuffle with Mandalore.

Spartan 063
First, understand that there is only one Force Storm. And that would be the one conjured by Palpatine. The KotOR 'Force storm' is a more potent version of Sith lightning; not a separate attack. It was merely used to fit the game's level functions.

Ok i concede the force storm point but you did specify that his was more powerful

Understand that Starkiller has demonstrated remarkable potency in his Sith lightning, capable of immobilizing AT-AT walkers and overloading tremendous cannons.

In the game starkiller never fought an AT-AT he only fought AT-STs, but he also did fight Rancors

Second, Starkiller defeated Darth Vader. And then held off Palpatine. More impressive, in my opinion, than beating any version of Darth Malak.

Starkiller knew his enemy very well, however Revan might have known Malak very well before he fought him, but in the time of the fight he knew very little of Malak.

the fight Sidious I got the felling that sidious was only teasing him, and then acting defeated, yes starkiller held off sidious but it ultimately claimed his life.

Fourth, see all those uber-Jedi whom Starkiller defeated. Not impressed with his scuffle with Mandalore.

Karen Traviss would disagree ( sick )

When you talk to canderous about the battle of malicore V he talks about how many Jedi died trying to stop the madaloirians in that final battle, and we are talking about their leader the most powerful of the the mandalorians.

truejedi
first: i have issue with anyone who says revan "mastered" force storm. There is no proof backing up what he did or did not master in KOTOR. THat was up to the choice of the user.

Second: Karen Traviss is Satan.

Third: Mandalore still couldn't use the force when he fought Revan, So revan held an insurmountable advantage right from the start.

Dark-Jaxx
Starkiller takes it all.

Revan has greater knowledge of the Force sure, but Malek has shown far greater power with it, and by what both have done, Revan is crushed.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Spartan 063
Revan was able to master force storm, which if I recall is much more potent then force lightning.

Then he went on to defeat Malak while he was empowered by the dark side.

Malak even said his former master (revan) was always powerful in the force.

During the mandalorian wars Revan fought mandalore the ultimate and defeated him in one on one combat, and they were wearing beskar armor wich is lightsaber resistant. 'Kay, as accurate as you are in this list, unless you're putting the likes of Shaak Ti, Vader, and motherf*cking Palpatine on the same tier as Malak and (I know you can't hear my scoff) Mandalore, then what has Revan got by comparison? Bastila--Scourge of the Jedi? Cuz Lord knows, Galen can't take her.

P.S. What one arrogant blowhard says about his ultra-ambiguous former master 4000 years ago, means nothing when comparing to Galen Marek's powers.

Enyalus
Revan would rape Starkiller with the Force.

NonSensi-Klown
hahaha.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Enyalus
Revan would rape Starkiller with the Force. Based on what?

NonSensi-Klown
To be fair, Obi-Wan did as much while high in Labyrinth of Evil,

My favorite part of the book.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Based on what?

Enylaus logic is similar to Nebaris logic.

Enyalus
Based on what?

My completely unsubstantiated opinion and intense hatred of the entire idea for Starkiller.

But really, like someone already said - the guy basically raided Korriban and Malachor V. He wrote at least two books on the Dark Side as well as a holocron containing his knowledge. The guy's knowledge and mastery of the Force had to be insane.

Dark-Jaxx
So...Speculation and hearsay>>>Facts and feats?

Cause based on what we KNOW, Malek is superior.

Enyalus
You mean Marek.

Dark-Jaxx
Noice, addressing a typo instead of my response.

Enyalus
In a word - yes.

The fact that an extremely young upstart who basically comes out of nowhere (and isn't named Skywalker), who isn't even a Sith apprentice, who is not only Vader's personal ***** but Emperor Palpatine's - who pulls off these "feats" which are intentionally exaggerated (ala CWC) and ends up WTFpwning Vader and somehow is responsible for starting the entire Rebel Alliance...well, it doesn't sit well with me. I hate the hype.

Oh, and Revan is full of win.

Dark-Jaxx
Revan is an ass hole Gary Stue.

And just because you don't like him, he is less powerful? Brilliant.

Enyalus
I'll repost it again, incase you missed it the first time:

My completely unsubstantiated opinion and intense hatred of the entire idea for Starkiller.

There we go. It's not like I was lying or anything. When I post something, its usually for a reason.

Enyalus
Oh, and just for agreeing with Galen - Thanos teleports into the SW universe and pwns them both! Thanos wins.

Autokrat
You know if I we listed all the Gary Sue/Mary Sues in SW we have a nasty list...

Palps, Bane, Revan, Starkiller, and Luke off the top of my head.

Gideon
Skywalker, Palpatine, and Starkiller are not Gary-Stus. Not at all.

Faunus
Among other things, Skywalker gets his ass kicked enough to not be considered a Gary Stu, and Starkiller is actually an engaging character. Palpatine could be considered the most "typical" of the bunch, but even then he's unique in several respects.

Lightsnake
He's the villain however...never the one you cheer for.

Bane is definitely a Stu...Ulic Qel-droma almost was

Gideon
Among other things, Skywalker gets his ass kicked enough to not be considered a Gary Stu,

Amen.

Besides, he's the only one left to root for now that Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon is dead. Those times that he put the fear of God into Jacen, I do believe I was sexually aroused.

Some say the same about Revan, and there can be no doubt that he's a Gary-Stu. It's more than mere engagement. Starkiller's powers, while great, are limited, and he's the product of a ridiculously deep training regimen by a monster of a mentor. Not to mention he's the very definition of "pawn" and "tool", being manipulated his entire life for one purpose and then dying in the end.

Here's the way I look at it. People can harp and whine about Palpatine's level of power, political or otherwise, but he worked for it. Spent many, many, many decades acquiring his political power and Force knowledge and applying them to use. It's not like he's a spring chicken who just so happened to be given the ability to tear fleets apart. Not to mention the whole crippling narcissism and megalomania.

Lightsnake
Problem with Revan...he's not a character, he's a gamer stand in. Starkiller stands on his own.

Gideon
I seriously don't know how people get practically horny when Revan is mentioned. I agree, LS, he's not a character. And even if we consider him to be, by definition, he's a terrible one.

Autokrat
I put Luke on the list because I'm sorry, moving an object with the mass of a black hole... even a small one is ridiculous. I mean you if turn Earth into a black hole, it would be not even as wide as my little finger, and this is referring to all of the Earth's mass squished together. A black hole big enough to effect starships would have to have around the mass of our sun. Manipulating something with that much mass, be it directly or indirectly more than puts Luke up there in terms of being an overpowered Stu.

You know, Nomi "I can pick my husband's lightsaber and use it fine without any training" Sunrider also belongs on the Stu list.

SIDIOUS 66
Oh, and just for agreeing with Galen - Thanos teleports into the SW universe and pwns them both! Thanos wins.

Marvel characters are way overpowered imo. It is even hard to tell who is more powerful than who in Marvel. In one issue you have Galactus being one of the top cosmic beings, then in another issue you have him being defeated by far lesser beings, which brings them up a much higher level in power.

Enyalus
I seriously don't know how people get practically horny when Revan is mentioned.

Just like *some* people get horny when Palpatine is mentioned. confused

Autokrat

Oh damn!

NonSensi-Klown
I get horny when "nipple clamps" are mentioned.

Autokrat
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I get horny when "nipple clamps" are mentioned.

Alright for S&M! messed

Enyalus
I get horny when "Blax's mom" is mentioned.

Red Nemesis
Kinky

Gideon

Those would be some very strange people, indeed.

Dark-Jaxx
Well can you blame them? Those red eyebags, piss colored eyes and teeth, forehead wrinkiles that stretch three inches in front of his nose, the dude is feckin gorgeous.

Gideon
Well, you've described Faunus's mother quite vividly, but I believe Enyalus was referring to Palpa -- oh. Sorry.

Enyalus
Well, you've described Faunus's mother quite vividly, but I believe Enyalus was referring to Palpa -- oh. Sorry.

Damn. I laughed out loud when I read that. And I shouldn't have. I feel bad now. I really hope Faunus can forgive my disobedience.

Dark-Jaxx
Well, you've described Faunus's mother quite vividly, but I believe Enyalus was referring to Palpa -- oh. Sorry. haermm

LOL WTF!? crylaugh

Although seriously, you shouldn't disrespect my boyfriend's mother like that. He's pretty sensitive.

Gideon
haermm

LOL WTF!? crylaugh

Although seriously, you shouldn't disrespect my boyfriend's mother like that. He's pretty sensitive.

You're dating Faunus?

Be sure to wear protection, you might catch something. Standard condoms don't work... but Wal-Mart might sell Hazmat suits.

haermm

Dark-Jaxx
You're dating Faunus?

Be sure to wear protection, you might catch something. Standard condoms don't work... but Wal-Mart might sell Hazmat suits.

haermm Not really dating, more like raping and beating on a daily basis. happy

Can you get viruses for screwing the eye sockets? mmm

Faunus
Not really dating, more like raping and beating on a daily basis. happy

Can you get viruses for screwing the eye sockets? mmm Reported.

Enyalus, you're in Gideon's camp now; I strip you of your status. Publius (mwahaha), myself, the Captain, and my new avatar, Master Crimzon shall be the Win.

And Gideon, if you cross me again I shall find your father, beat him to death with Dark-Jaxx's reported corpse, then shove both corpses up your mother.

*end*

Enyalus
Aw, that's harsh...Really harsh.

Faunus
You have brought it about yourself.

Cpt. Valerian
*Applauds to Faunus*

Anyway, why can't people just get horny by watching simple porn? Jeez, you are weird. Next thing I know you'll all be watching Teletubbie porn with your homosexual friends.

Gideon
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Next thing I know you'll all be watching Teletubbie porn with your homosexual friends.

Guilty.

haermm

Cpt. Valerian
Figured.

Gideon
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Figured.

Of course.

You were there... friend.

haermm

Cpt. Valerian
awespin

How dare you... You said you'd keep it a secret.

SIDIOUS 66
Wow.... Just wow....

Dark-Jaxx
Reported. Show scans or it didn't happen.

Faunus

Damn.

Kadan
Revan's battle precognition is insane.
"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

"The Echani rely heavily on hand-to-hand combat and personal shield technology, and they had their a*** handed to them by Revan during the Jedi Civil War, because, not surprisingly, there weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter."

He utterly destroyed an Imperial Guard in the mist of combat (these guys are stated to be feared by even the Dark Council, and to be a match for even a skilled Jedi) via Precognition:

"The guard recognized the familiar ploy, countering it by parrying the overhand chop then quickly dropping his blade low to intercept the inevitable slash at his legs. Only Revan didn't go for his legs. Anticipating that his opponent's defences would go low, he kept his blade up high, allowing him to end the battle with a horizontal cut across the man's exposed throat."

Revan also defeated Mandalore the Ultimate, and Mandalore the Ultimate was impressive here's why.
Mandalore the Ultimate is the most powerful Mandalorian of the time who was capable of defeating a young, Jedi Malak in a single blow. Malak is among the most skilled swordsman of his time, and is argued alongside Revan's military genius over the main cause of the Mandalorian defeat through his lightsaber abilities. The fact a young Revan was capable of slaying Mandalore the Ultimate in pure combat, and that the Mandalore is said be no match to Revan, as stated by the quote below, is indeed impressive.

"In battle after battle, Revan had led the Jedi and Republic forces to victory. Realizing defeat was inevitable, Mandalore the Ultimate had challenge Revan to single combat, and Revan had accepted. Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order's most powerful champion."
Another feat for Revan is his slaughter of the Sith on Korriban. The feat itself is so legendary even Darth Bane 4,000 years later knew of the tale. He personally slays the entire academy.

"...you have to fight through the entire Sith Academy, starting with the Sith apprentices in the valley."

―Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide
"Nearly three thousand years had passed between the time the Sith had been driven from Korriban by Revan, and the day Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness officially reclaimed this world for the order."

―Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

The final accomplishment of Revan, which is also probably his greatest, is undeniably his run on board the machine of invincible might: the Star Forge. The feat itself is literally only replicated by Tulak Hord throughout all of Star Wars history: the mass slaughter of an army full of Sith.
"As a Jedi, Revan was a warrior who slaughtered armies."

―Dzoun (Star Wars The Old Republic)
Darth Malak literally ordered every available Sith on board the Star Forge to attack Revan

"Strange, I did not think of any apart of the Order would survive an attack by an army of the Star Forge's battle droids...send out all available troops, the apprentices as well!"

―Darth Malak (Knights of the Old Republic)
On board the Star Forge, Revan fought through dozens upon dozens of Sith with the addition to the Star Forge's infinite supply of War Droids until he reached Darth e total amount of Sith that Revan slayed were among the hundreds, as shown by numerous sources.

Your progress is hampered by literally dozens of Sith soldiers, elites, heavy weapons, Sith apprentices, and Dark Jedi...

...teeming with Dark Jedi and Malak's apprentices...

Dark Jedi pour from the giant doors...

The next hour is spent frantically blasting, swiping, and crushing countless Dark Jedi and Sith heavy weapons and elite troopers on your way through the decks of the space station...

...a large number of Dark Jedi crowding this thin, lit walkway. Wade into the fray and execute a number of techniques of your choosing, cutting a swath through the assembled troops until all have fallen...

Sith apprentices, Dark Jedi, and the finest Sith shock troops."

―Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide
Do not make the assumption the Sith the faced were featless, because they were not. Nearly all of the Sith there had knowledge on a minimum of Force Drain and Force Lightning according to various sources, and in addition, have in general, some decent feats. This is not even mentioning that it is recognized that only "highly skilled duelists" can duel Dark Jedi.
On top of that those armies were empowered by the Star Forge.
"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."

"Here on the Star Forge the power of the dark side is at its strongest!"
Revan also defeated two Terentatek's with his lightsaber alone.

Revan was skilled in all lightsaber forms as he has been shown to utilise them all.
And Drew Karpyshyn stated so

Revan also effortlessly defeated Darth Nyriss.

So here's some of his feats

Kadan
As for what people were saying about Malak......Revan. that's extremely wrong.
Darth Revan has also defeated Darth Malak even before his redemption.

"...Malak sees Lord Revan as soft, resulting in a tension that culminates in a lightsaber duel; Malak loses his lower jaw to Revan's blade, necessitating a metallic jaw guard."

―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

Kadan
Revan was always more powerful then Malak, and stronger then him in every way

DarthAnt66
Glad to see people actually read my "Revan's Lightsaber Abilities Overview" thread. thumb up
However, it might benefit you more in a versus battle to compare both individuals, not *just* Revan. wink

Kadan
I was giving feats for Revan, everyone knows Starkillers

PTforthewin
He porked Bastilla Shan. And that, my friend, is a more impressive feat than anything Galen Marek ever did. never confirmed.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
never confirmed.
They were married and had a son, and he still has descendents up until at least TOR.

PTforthewin
Yea but bastilla is ****ing ugly,

Kadan
Hey DarthAnt66.
Is Revan a master of all forms all is he just skilled in them? Kinda like an ancient Cin Drallig or is he like Kas'im? Since the explanation of Revan's use of the forms is similar to Kas'im's

DarthAnt66
That much is rather unknown. I would say via Drew's depictions of Revan and his emails with S_W_LeGenD he was at the very least a master at Form VI: Niman, but even that is not confirmed.

However, being a master in all forms of combat does not necessarily change the outcome of a battle, just look at Cin Drallig and his performance against Anakin Skywalker. What I find more impressive is how Revan and others like Darth Bane are able to incorporate numerous lightsaber styles in a single battle, constantly pushing his opponent off guard through unorthodoxy and prowess.

Kadan
Cin mastered none of the forms, he was just skilled in all of them.

Kadan
The description of Revan doing this, incorporate numerous lightsaber styles in a single battle, constantly pushing his opponent off guard through unorthodoxy and prowess.
Is similar to Bane and Kas'im. So I think he may have mastered some of them

Emperordmb
Kas'im and Drallig are both confirmed masters of all seven forms.

As per Revan I may make a fighting styles post for him at some point.

Kadan
Cin was skilled in all forms, but didn't master them. Kas'im mastered them all.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kadan
The description of Revan doing this, incorporate numerous lightsaber styles in a single battle, constantly pushing his opponent off guard through unorthodoxy and prowess.
Is similar to Bane and Kas'im. So I think he may have mastered some of them
Here is my personal analysis of Revan's fighting style:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=593095&pagenumber=2#post14750489

Kadan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=593095&pagenumber=2#post14750489
In that thread you missed to the explain the fact that Revan could utilise all seven forms not just the ones you mentioned

Emperordmb
In that thread you missed to the explain the fact that Revan could utilise all seven forms not just the ones you mentioned
I haven't seen enough proof to convince me that he knows Juyo, I have seen no proof that he knows Soresu, and a basic knowledge of Shii-Cho isn't that special.

Edit: I saw that quote from Karpyshyn suggesting that he was skilled in all of them, but he hasn't shown anything of note in I, III, and VII that would make them worth my mentioning.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Emperordmb

I enjoyed that. A very objective and well thought out view. Was it ever stated that Revan mastered all 7 forms? I find it hard top believe that Revan mastered all of them, but Cin Drallig (the Jedi Battlemaster during the Clone Wars era) didn't. I'm more inclined to believe it's the other way around.

Kadan
Read this. http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

Also Drew stated so

Kadan
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I enjoyed that. A very objective and well thought out view. Was it ever stated that Revan mastered all 7 forms? I find it hard top believe that Revan mastered all of them, but Cin Drallig (the Jedi Battlemaster during the Clone Wars era) didn't. I'm more inclined to believe it's the other way around.
Never stated, just that he was exceptionally skilled in all of them, and that he was a generalist more then a specialist

DarthAnt66
thumb up and luckily for Revan, he has shown demonstration in all forms of lightsaber combat. Expect an analysis of his fighting style in combat by Wednesday. That is the one part to that particular blog I created I have yet to create.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up and luckily for Revan, he has shown demonstration in all forms of lightsaber combat. Expect an analysis of his fighting style in combat by Wednesday. That is the one part to that particular blog I created I have yet to create.
Looking forward to it.

B/W this is very well done: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

Perfectly represents my assessment of Revan's dueling skills.

People foolishly underestimate Revan's dueling prowess. He is damn good in this department and dare I say that he might be able to hang with the likes of Yoda. The key to this level of effectiveness is "command of the Force." A Jedi must excel in the area of "command of the Force" to be immensely competent.

Having immense technical proficiency in dueling arts is not going to be sufficient for a Jedi. At maximum, a Jedi may earn the title of master swordsman with such technical proficiency. But this skill is waste if a Jedi is lacking in "command of the Force" area. Mastery in the Force determines everything.

Emperordmb
Expect an analysis of his fighting style in combat by Wednesday. That is the one part to that particular blog I created I have yet to create.
I look forward to see your take on it given that I have already given my own.

I did notice an error in your thread however. You said that Revan was a Jedi Guardian then went on to say that the other two classes were Jedi Guardian and Jedi Consular, when it should be Jedi *Sentinel* and Jedi Consular. You might wanna fix that.

Kalen Sykes
That was a very informative thread, DarthAnt66. My only question involves the Makashi picture. Isn't the opening stance a one-handed maneuver? Revan is shown using 2 hands. It was probably just a mistake on the artist's part, though. It confirms that Revan knew all 7 forms, as does Drew's quote. My mistake on misunderstanding your comment on Revan, Kadan.

DarthAnt66
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928230526/starwars/images/thumb/7/70/MakashiMovesManeuversTJP.JPG/120px-MakashiMovesManeuversTJP.JPG
Yes, it is a one handed.
However, Makashi is the only form to my knowledge to start combat with a hand in such position, so merely placing another hand there is a little difference from the overall fundamentals of the form. My speculation was, based on Malak's odd position, that Revan was in the transfer between the second image and a charge which would use the third image to hypothetically strike a deadly blow against Vitiate, which needs two hands to perform.

Kalen Sykes
That makes sense. Either way, your thread shows he knew more than he is regularly given credit for. I think it's a shame that he was put in TOR.

S_W_LeGenD
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928230526/starwars/images/thumb/7/70/MakashiMovesManeuversTJP.JPG/120px-MakashiMovesManeuversTJP.JPG
Yes, it is a one handed.
However, Makashi is the only form to my knowledge to start combat with a hand in such position, so merely placing another hand there is a little difference from the overall fundamentals of the form. My speculation was, based on Malak's odd position, that Revan was in the transfer between the second image and a charge which would use the third image to hypothetically strike a deadly blow against Vitiate, which needs two hands to perform.
Interesting observation. smile

Kadan
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
That was a very informative thread, DarthAnt66. My only question involves the Makashi picture. Isn't the opening stance a one-handed maneuver? Revan is shown using 2 hands. It was probably just a mistake on the artist's part, though. It confirms that Revan knew all 7 forms, as does Drew's quote. My mistake on misunderstanding your comment on Revan, Kadan.

Thanks

Kadan
Hey S W LeGenD, Your thread on Vitiate was great, thanks for working so hard to put all that down

PTforthewin
Anal-ysis according to Mr.Plinkett

Kadan
Anal-ysis according to Mr.Plinkett

confused
What? It was a nice read

PTforthewin
confused
What? It was a nice read what are u talk bout

Kadan
what are u talk bout

Legends thread of Vitiate, thought you were commenting on that?

PTforthewin
Legends thread of Vitiate, thought you were commenting on that? I was taking about mr.plinkett and I saw the comments and I saw the word "analysis" and I immediately though about the youtuber Mr.Plinkett or Redlettermedia (his utube channel)because Mr.plinkett says Anal-ysis which sounds funny instead of analysis, I just though about commenting that.

Kadan
Oh I see

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.