It's Official! Crispin Glover as The Riddler!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
It's official folks!

That's right everyone Crispin Glover should be The Riddler!

He's back!

This time it isn't for the role of The Joker (already taken) he gets to be The Riddler.

Whatchoo think?

Crispin vs the popular choice of Johnny Depp.

Myth
I'd prefer Glover over Depp, but that quote doesn't in any sense mean it is official. Also, what source is that from?

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Myth
I'd prefer Glover over Depp, but that quote doesn't in any sense mean it is official. Also, what source is that from?

A) He was taking the piss. WD= Wrathful Dwarf. wink

B) I'm not sure Johnny Depp is actually very popular. I certainly don't want him to be Edward Nygma.

BruceSkywalker
Maybe...Can someone photoshop what Glover could look like

Off topic, nice sig and avy WD..

Glover may pull it off, I'd have to see

WrathfulDwarf
Glover can pull very creepy characters. He would fit fine as The Riddler. I'd much rather have a creepy looking Riddler than a wacky and jumpy guy.

wuTa
I'd think Glover would be a great casting choice for the Riddler, I'd much prefer him to Depp. Glover would bring a darkness to the character that I don't think Depp can.

Bat Dude
I think Glover would be a great Riddler, but I think we should STAY AWAY FROM THE ROTATION...

...Please?

Kainreaver
In what world do we live in where Willard might be seen as a good riddler? What is it with the Killer Movies bloggers wanting George McFly in a Batman movie. Before TDK People on here wanted him as the Joker, now you guys want him as the riddler, and in 3 years, you will want him as Bane. Good God. Hes a bad actor. His career has been dead for 2 decades. He will NEVER be the riddler.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't think we'll get a Riddler who is wacky and jumpy. Most likely (if we get one) will be much more like the Riddler in BTAS.

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I don't think we'll get a Riddler who is wacky and jumpy. Most likely (if we get one) will be much more like the Riddler in BTAS.

They've done great casting for the new series. But who they cast hasn't been reflected by fan petitions.
No one was campaigning for Cillian Murphy to play Scarecrow; Liam Neeson to play Ras Al Ghul; Heath Ledger to play the Joker.
Johnny Depp & Crispin Glover are too obvious - therefore it won't happen.
Isn't Crispin Glover nearly 50 years old now?

(And what's with your signature - what info do you have saying the next film comes in 2012, instead of 2011?)

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider

(And what's with your signature - what info do you have saying the next film comes in 2012, instead of 2011?)

Wishful thinking....I like that title better.

BackFire
Glover would be great. He could also be The Joker if they want him to return, I think. Obviously not both at once, but he could play either role.

WrathfulDwarf
I still prefer Daniel Day Lewis as a possible next Joker.

Now that I think about it....Lewis would also make a real good Riddler.

Then it's final!

Daniel Day Lewis should be in the third film. Playing anything...he just needs to be in it.

Devil King
I think the casting of the Riddler should be kept a secret. I think his true identity should only be revealed at the end of the movie, like Kaiser Soze. In the meantime, we can have Catwoman as the public face of the villain in the next film. But that's just my two cents.

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Daniel Day Lewis should be in the third film. Playing anything...he just needs to be in it.

I'm very cool with that idea. But he should only play the Joker in a Hannibal Lecter sort of way. If The Joker makes an appearance at all, it should only be in a consultive manner, like Lecter was in the first Silence of the Lambs fashion; a darkened cell where he tells Gordon how to catch the Riddler. The Joker would absolutely do as much given his character, especially since he's looking to offer up a serving to the Batman. No one else can kill or defeat the Batman; only he deserves that right.

Indestructible
I think Johnny could do a great Riddler. Better then Glover. Johnny is dark and that is what nolans seris is dark.

Impediment
Glover seems like a good casting choice. I, personally, would love to see The Riddler take the path of John Doe a la Se7en.

SelinaAndBruce
I'd prefer Johnny.

roughrider
I think everyone should remember Christopher Nolan likes to cast Non-Americans for most of the primary roles - especially the villains. Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Heath Ledger - all outside the U.S. of A. Don't hold your breath for Johnny Depp, Crispin Glover, Kevin Spacey or any other Yankee thesp.

BruceSkywalker
I think everyone should remember Christopher Nolan likes to cast Non-Americans for most of the primary roles - especially the villains. Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Heath Ledger - all outside the U.S. of A. Don't hold your breath for Johnny Depp, Crispin Glover, Kevin Spacey or any other Yankee thesp.

QFT

celestialdemon
I think everyone should remember Christopher Nolan likes to cast Non-Americans for most of the primary roles - especially the villains.

That's because non-americans ARE villains. laughing

Master Crimzon
I find that personally insulting, sir. Prepare to die a horrible, graphic death.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Devil King
I'm very cool with that idea. But he should only play the Joker in a Hannibal Lecter sort of way. If The Joker makes an appearance at all, it should only be in a consultive manner, like Lecter was in the first Silence of the Lambs fashion; a darkened cell where he tells Gordon how to catch the Riddler. The Joker would absolutely do as much given his character, especially since he's looking to offer up a serving to the Batman. No one else can kill or defeat the Batman; only he deserves that right.

I actually really like that idea...

But I doubt it'd happen...

HOWEVER, I will be adding that to one of my Batman scripts...

roughrider
Originally posted by celestialdemon
That's because non-americans ARE villains. laughing

Mon Dieu! I got your Freedom Fries right here, Monsieur! laughing out loud

celestialdemon
Mon Dieu! I got your Freedom Fries right here, Monsieur! laughing out loud

laughing Nice!

Impediment
Jim Parsons as The Riddler.

Think about it: He's perfect as Sheldon Cooper, PhD, from the hit series The Big Bang Theory. He's tall, wiry, great at physical comedy, and portrays intellectual narcissism to a tee.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Kainreaver
In what world do we live in where Willard might be seen as a good riddler? What is it with the Killer Movies bloggers wanting George McFly in a Batman movie. Before TDK People on here wanted him as the Joker, now you guys want him as the riddler, and in 3 years, you will want him as Bane. Good God. Hes a bad actor. His career has been dead for 2 decades. He will NEVER be the riddler.
seconded!!

Honestly, has this dude been in a good movie. I'd take Johnny Depp hands down, or Daniel Day Lewis. Come on give me a good actor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.