Superman vs Doctor Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doomsday49
dunno if this has been done before but yeah....

Superman

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/superman_dccomics_art.jpg

VS

Doctor Manhattan

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2nAS7_uF0Ms/SDn-1FjWwFI/AAAAAAAAAHg/6PYXrzwBFTw/s320/08-Dr-Manhattan-11x17-colorsfinal-RR-res.jpg

snyper1982
Originally posted by doomsday49
dunno if this has been done before but yeah....

Superman

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/superman_dccomics_art.jpg

VS

Doctor Manhattan

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2nAS7_uF0Ms/SDn-1FjWwFI/AAAAAAAAAHg/6PYXrzwBFTw/s320/08-Dr-Manhattan-11x17-colorsfinal-RR-res.jpg

Since I know nothing about Dr Manhattan, then I will just judge by pictures. Superman wins. smile

Lord S
Dr. Manhattan

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snyper1982
Since I know nothing about Dr Manhattan, then I will just judge by pictures. Superman wins. smile

What an awesome way to pick battles.

*institutes new personal debating policy*

snyper1982
Originally posted by DigiMark007
What an awesome way to pick battles.

*institutes new personal debating policy*

You know it was a joke right?

Val-E-Doosh
That's pretty much how everyone here picks battles.

tkitna
Dr. Manhatten would rape Superman

Tenebrous
all of us are in the shadow of manhattan

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snyper1982
You know it was a joke right?

Sure, but I wasn't kidding. Barring actual debate, it's as good as any method, and better than most.

Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, what has Manhattan actually DONE? no expression

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, what has Manhattan actually DONE? no expression

People love making threads with him in it because it raises this question and ends with people yelling at one another for whatever reason. Manhattan's the ultimate in implied power, but 12 total issues in an ensemble work means that his concrete feats are barely enough to fill one short post of scans.

Beyond that fact is that his name is dragged through the mud far too often for a lack of feats, when it's very obvious that the character, and the series, wasn't created for feats at all. I always disliked vs. battles with such characters, because it misses their point entirely. I'd personally argue that he's beyond Surfer, but why bother? Besides the fact that I can't objectively defend that opinion, I'm arguing an aspect of the character that is irrelevant.

His power was implied because it had more affect in the story that way. Gaudy displays would have cheapened his persona. His function in the story is what is important, not what he did on-panel.

Superman is about power levels and feats. Manhattan isn't, and never should be.

Dark-Jaxx
I get that...But in a vs. thread, we do have to go by powers, and...Going by what he has done that I know of, he isn't going to beat Superman.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I get that...But in a vs. thread, we do have to go by powers, and...Going by what he has done that I know of, he isn't going to beat Superman.

I edited my post a bit to pontificate some more. I think it admirably posits my response to this.

DigiMark007
But essentially you're right. If we approach it from a vs. perspective, there's not much way we can say anything but "Supes wins." But it's the approach itself that I oppose, and is why I see the rash of Manhattan threads as more than a bit silly.

doomsday49
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But essentially you're right. If we approach it from a vs. perspective, there's not much way we can say anything but "Supes wins." But it's the approach itself that I oppose, and is why I see the rash of Manhattan threads as more than a bit silly.

shuddup and pick a winner!

Supra
Lets look at both of them

Doctor Manhatten powers
Regeneration,
Energy and matter manipulation,
Flight,
Immortality,
Superhuman strength, speed and durability,
Intangibility,
Precognition,
Teleportation,
Self-duplication,
Superhuman growth,
Genius intellect

Here are Superman's
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration, and longevity; super breath, heat vision, x-ray vision and flight, genius intellect.

There are a lot of similarities and differences, now we can sit here and debate who is more invincible, and faster and all that. They are pretty evenly matched. However in theory by the comics, Dr. Manhatten has 5 major advantages on Superman. Intangibility, if you cant touch him, you cannot hurt him. Precognition, if you can see the future of a fight, they you know how to win. Teleportation, again, if you cant touch him, you cant win. Self-duplication, he can create as many duplicates of himself as he wants to all who are individuals and think on there own therfore acting independent of one another. The last is energy manipulation, which is the same inherently as the silver surfer. Another thing is Superman has a weakness to kryptonite.

So in theory after you match them skill for skill, Dr. Manhattan would win, but he has no were near the the record that Sup's has, Superman has faced enemies that have been more powerful and always won. Doctor Manhattan is a great idea, but he lacks the personality and good will of a character to be fully developed unlike superman

With all this, Dr. Manhattan and Supes would probably battle it out for hours destroying the whole earth before a winner was named, so I count this fight a draw. Besides, they have nothing to fight about. Dr. Manhattan has no human concerns appear pointless and without obvious merit about anything regarding civilization. Case, in point.

Draw, both equals, with nothing to fight about

Enyalus
Dr. Manhattan wins this. The same way Surfer would win in a battle against Supes.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Dr. Manhattan wins this. The same way Surfer would win in a battle against Supes. eww. plz don't compare manny to the likes of surfer. one of them actually has well established feats, while the other has...... blue skin. kinda

EkinEku
on paper manhattan wins, in a comic supes would own him.

Mindset
Originally posted by EkinEku
on paper manhattan wins, in a comic supes would own him. On paper?

How?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
eww. plz don't compare manny to the likes of surfer. one of them actually has well established feats, while the other has...... blue skin. kinda

Lol, but Dr. Manhattan comes from DC! I thought you'd like the comparison.

But meh, yeah, IMO Norrin is superior to him.

Grinning Goku
Oh, God. Superman loses. End of discussion.

EkinEku
Originally posted by Mindset
On paper?

How?

because on paper he could essentially know what supes is going to do before he does it then match or trump what he does. He could also replicate himself and blitz clark. Hell if need be he could alter big blues solar based energy to put him at a disadvantage (like red sun radiation) or go invisible ala martian man hunter and emit kryptonite radiation into his blood stream based on the above powerset.

Knowsbleed33
I got in a debate over on comicvine with a guy who was comparing Dr. Manhattan with PR Molecule Man.

Superman wins here.

Supra
because on paper he could essentially know what supes is going to do before he does it then match or trump what he does. He could also replicate himself and blitz clark. Hell if need be he could alter big blues solar based energy to put him at a disadvantage (like red sun radiation) or go invisible ala martian man hunter and emit kryptonite radiation into his blood stream based on the above powerset.

Dr. Manhattan is just a character made up, and not well developed. On paper by stating his powers, yes he could beat superman by everything I stated earlier. The main difference is his intangibility and cosmic matter manipulation, replication, and teleportation. If sup's goes to hit him and he makes himself intangible, how could he hurt Dr. Manhattan? Also he has precognition, he can see the future.

So on paper as an undeveloped hero he would win, but he has no credentials other than his powers, he has no heroic feats to his name, unlike superman who beat doomsday, and a host of other bad guys that were stronger than him.

And again, like I stated before he does not care about anything in this one universe, he is multi-dimensional and can phase in and out of many different dimensions, earth has no meaning to him, or the people on it.

Lord Villainous
Your Forgetting Dr. Manhattans other ability
to control matter itself
he can be completely molecularly destroyed and still reassemble himself
he is omnipotent, omniscient and has the ability to be omnipresent to the point where being a hero doesn't matter to him (which is why his deeds are small)
he has advanced beyond our human understanding of existance
he could undo superman with a thought
it is hinted at that he can create human life.

i love superman, but i don't think anyone can beat Dr. Manhattan except for maybe God

Enyalus
Originally posted by Enyalus
Lol, but Dr. Manhattan comes from DC! I thought you'd like the comparison.

But meh, yeah, IMO Norrin is superior to him.

^ This guy is such a prick. Marvel fanboi!!

AlmightyKfish
Except he can't.

'I am just a puppet that can see the strings.'

Everything that has, is and will ever happening to him is all the present to Manhatten. He basically exists in every second of his life simultaneously in the present... if that makes sense.

He can't change anything. He could see his future of Supes punching him in the gut, but he couldn't then dodge that punch, as it's what is going to happen.

It was kinda a major plot point in Watchmen.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Digi
People love making threads with him in it because it raises this question and ends with people yelling at one another for whatever reason. Manhattan's the ultimate in implied power, but 12 total issues in an ensemble work means that his concrete feats are barely enough to fill one short post of scans.

Beyond that fact is that his name is dragged through the mud far too often for a lack of feats, when it's very obvious that the character, and the series, wasn't created for feats at all. I always disliked vs. battles with such characters, because it misses their point entirely. I'd personally argue that he's beyond Surfer, but why bother? Besides the fact that I can't objectively defend that opinion, I'm arguing an aspect of the character that is irrelevant.

His power was implied because it had more affect in the story that way. Gaudy displays would have cheapened his persona. His function in the story is what is important, not what he did on-panel.

I agree to some extent. I followed Manhattan very briefly and it kinda it implies alot and alludes to things but he never does some crazy shit. For all intenets and purposes he is suppose to be some kind of Jesus type guy with a nasty amount of power.

I hate when putting people who don't have much feats but it's pretty much well known that they are suppose to be pretty damn uber but their existence is either short or just written like Manhattan. What comes to mind is Shazam Superman, RKT, Superman Prime Gold version, Binary Gladiator and i'm sure there is much more... sad

iceman24567
on paper manhattan wins, in a comic supes would own him. How do you think comics are made? laughing

cmack

Superman is about power levels and feats. Manhattan isn't, and never should be. qft, it just a threat of his ultimate power, we will never actually know how strong he is

tkitna
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

He can't change anything. He could see his future of Supes punching him in the gut, but he couldn't then dodge that punch, as it's what is going to happen.

Manhatten is basically a God against a flying brick here. Manhatten stated that his next move might be to create life. Thats a little higher up on the scale than what Superman could ever achieve. The future manhatten would be seeing is Superman being broken down to the molecular level.

There is no way possible for Superman to win this. It is indeed spite.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
How do you think comics are made? laughing What about digital comics?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by tkitna
Manhatten is basically a God against a flying brick here. Manhatten stated that his next move might be to create life. Thats a little higher up on the scale than what Superman could ever achieve. The future manhatten would be seeing is Superman being broken down to the molecular level.

There is no way possible for Superman to win this. It is indeed spite.

I didn't say who would win.

I was just demonstrating how he can't use his 'clairvoyance' to affect anything.

Knowsbleed33
I change my vote to Manhattan.

complexbrother
Manhatten takes this

SupremeMan
Nicely put. Manhatten is one of those characters that doesn't work well in versus threads because he loses on displayed feats but he is clearly meant to be capable of doing anything he wants to be able to do.

Kris Blaze
Did some joker just call Dr.Manhattan omnipotent?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lord Villainous
Your Forgetting Dr. Manhattans other ability
to control matter itself
he can be completely molecularly destroyed and still reassemble himself
he is omnipotent, omniscient and has the ability to be omnipresent to the point where being a hero doesn't matter to him (which is why his deeds are small)
he has advanced beyond our human understanding of existance
he could undo superman with a thought
it is hinted at that he can create human life.

i love superman, but i don't think anyone can beat Dr. Manhattan except for maybe God Fail

Knowsbleed33
It was stated at the end of book 4 that he's omnipotent.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It was stated at the end of book 4 that he's omnipotent. laughing

Knowsbleed33
Typical non-response.

iceman24567
Typical non-response. thumb up

Philosophía

I guess that clarifies things.

Kris Blaze

lmfao, by a scientist.....

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lmfao, by a scientist.....

And that means?

Kris Blaze
And that means?

That compared to a lowly human, he's god.

Just like basically any herald.....

Philosophía
And that means?

Absolutley nothing.

Don't let him give you sh*t !

Mindset

Just like basically any herald..... No scientist called Superman omnipotent uhuh

iceman24567
No scientist called Superman omnipotent uhuh I did! uhuh

SupremeMan
Originally posted by iceman24567
I did! uhuh

But he has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men which = omnipotent.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SupremeMan
But he has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men which = omnipotent.

So Cyclops = omnipotent too?

He has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SupremeMan
But he has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men which = omnipotent. Meh so do i but you don't see me calling myself omnipotent eek!

SupremeMan
So Cyclops = omnipotent too?

He has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

But he never had a tv show where it said it every week.

Knowsbleed33

Just like basically any herald.....

You know, you're right. What was I thinking? I forgot, scientists don't know what they're talking about.

iceman24567
You know, you're right. What was I thinking? I forgot, scientists don't know what they're talking about. You finally understand thumb up smart

ThunderGodEneru
You know, you're right. What was I thinking? I forgot, scientists don't know what they're talking about. Yeah, in this matter, they really do not.

Omnipotence is all power, and is meant to be far beyond human comprehension, how would dickhead scientist number 3 know what the fvck omnipotent is?

Fact is, Dr. Manhattan was NOT omnipotent in the comic, as seen when Ozymandias through the use of Tachyons was able to blur his perception of time(able to view it in its entirety), if he was omnipotent, that would not have happened.

Spiderman has abilities far above a normal human. Is he omnipotent?

The scientist's words are a fallible third party source that is clearly hyperbole.

Dr. Manhattan has been called God by a scientist. Did Dr. Manhattan create all of existence now?

All of that said, Dr. Manhattan still has manipulation of matter at the atomic level and can regenerate his body by will at an atomic level, so he can beat Superman.

Mindset
The scientist was himself omnipotent, so he knew Dr. Manhattan was omnipotent too.

Duh

Kazenji
Dr manhatten, He pops supermans head like a zit.

guy222
doc should win

unless supes flies so fast and doc faints from supes super super speed

laughing out loud

occultdestroyer
E4blSrZvPhU

bbrem123
superman has no chance

horrorwolf
lol wow who made this spite thread?

Kent gets utterly PWNED by Dr Manhattan 10/10.

iceman24567
Pfft Doc Manhattan is like Captain Comet light on panel he wasn't that impressive thumb down

Kris Blaze
God does not have a 2 inch penis.

Doc Manhattan =/= God.

occultdestroyer

Doc Manhattan =/= God.
Manhattan doesn't have a penis no expression

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Manhattan doesn't have a penis no expression Did you read the comic? haermm

iceman24567
laughing

Philosophía
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Did you read the comic? haermm

I'm sure that if he did, he wasn't focusing on whether or not Dr Manhattan has a penis.

Like you.

Pervert.

ThunderGodEneru

iceman24567
This is why I get lulz when posting here you guys seem higher than me laughing

occultdestroyer
http://benamormoviehouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/drmanhattan.jpg

Does that look like a penis to you? no expression
Looks more like an overgrown clitoris

MightyEInherjar
Anything feat Dr. Manhattan has preformed, the Silver Surfer could preform.

bbrem123
dr. manhattan leave to create his own life...surfer cant do that

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
http://benamormoviehouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/drmanhattan.jpg

Does that look like a penis to you? no expression
Looks more like an overgrown clitoris Reported for posting nudity on a forum.

occultdestroyer
Meh, I don't see nothin wrong with it.
It's not pr0n.

Doctor-Alvis
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1479/jesusseesmanhatten.th.jpg

ThunderGodEneru
I loled.

Kris Blaze
Tinydick can't beat supes.

Bouboumaster

Doc Manhattan =/= God.

God made Jesus via an angel who ****ed Marie.

2 inch penis > no penis at all

zeel
The Dr takes this one.

ToughMind
I bet my house on the Doc.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
God made Jesus via an angel who ****ed Marie.

2 inch penis > no penis at all

So you prefer dick to pussy? laughing

Irix
Dr. Manhattan is the obvious winner here. Superman could never win, regardless if all Dr. Manhattan can do is watch his future and not change it.

First, Dr. Manhattan can control the molecular structure of anything. He creates polished and structured glass from dirt (Ch 4, pg 26), He creates an aura of breathable air on mars (Ch 9, pg 3), he spontaneously creates water (Ch 9, pg 10) and later milk (Ch 9, pg 13). From that, we can see he has a godlike control over matter.

Second, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to "Teleport" over extreme distances when he travels from New York to the Gila flats in Arizona (Ch 3, pg 19), then from the Gila flats to the surface of Mars (Ch 3, pg 21).

Third, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to alter his size (Ch 1, pg 20) and replicate himself (Ch 3, pg 4).

Fourth, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to become intangible (Ch 3, pg 5) and (Ch 12, pg 26).

Fifth, Dr. Manhattan can literally make people explode (Ch 12, pg 24)

Sixth, Dr. Manhattan can defy the laws of physics, specifically gravity (Ch 9, pg 9-22) and (Ch 12, pg 26), and can walk on the surface of the sun (Ch 12, pg 18).

And finally, Dr. Manhattan leaves the galaxy, part of his "Teleporting extreme distances, with the prospect of creating life (and in all likelihood, succeeds) (Ch 12, pg 27)

Super man is fast, "faster than a speeding bullet," which, lets assume, is faster than the speed of sound (767 Mph).
He's strong, extremely so.
He can fly (through space as well), has laser eyes, super hearing and ice breath.
(Note, because of the amount of time superman has been around and the vast amount of changes to his abilities in that time, I am only summing up his abilities and not going to list references.)

All in all, Dr. Manhattan has a significant and distinct advantage over Superman.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Irix
Super man is fast, "faster than a speeding bullet," which, lets assume, is faster than the speed of sound (767 Mph).

We're using the radio show version of Superman?

psycho gundam
Dr. Manhattan is the obvious winner here. Superman could never win, regardless if all Dr. Manhattan can do is watch his future and not change it.

First, Dr. Manhattan can control the molecular structure of anything. He creates polished and structured glass from dirt (Ch 4, pg 26), He creates an aura of breathable air on mars (Ch 9, pg 3), he spontaneously creates water (Ch 9, pg 10) and later milk (Ch 9, pg 13). From that, we can see he has a godlike control over matter.

Second, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to "Teleport" over extreme distances when he travels from New York to the Gila flats in Arizona (Ch 3, pg 19), then from the Gila flats to the surface of Mars (Ch 3, pg 21).

Third, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to alter his size (Ch 1, pg 20) and replicate himself (Ch 3, pg 4).

Fourth, Dr. Manhattan has the ability to become intangible (Ch 3, pg 5) and (Ch 12, pg 26).

Sixth, Dr. Manhattan can defy the laws of physics, specifically gravity (Ch 9, pg 9-22) and (Ch 12, pg 26), and can walk on the surface of the sun (Ch 12, pg 18).

And finally, Dr. Manhattan leaves the galaxy, part of his "Teleporting extreme distances, with the prospect of creating life (and in all likelihood, succeeds) (Ch 12, pg 27)

He can fly (through space as well), has laser eyes, super hearing and ice breath.
(Note, because of the amount of time superman has been around and the vast amount of changes to his abilities in that time, I am only summing up his abilities and not going to list references.)

All in all, Dr. Manhattan has a significant and distinct advantage over Superman. you could have just said that superman can't make contact with manhattan at all, whereas depending on whether manhattan cares or not, superman could either be destroyed or just harmlessly teleported to another galaxy too far from earth for the win.....or he just floats staring at him coldly.

Darth Exodus
Superman can't win. It's that simple.

Irix
I'll admit, I'm not a big superman fan. i've never really enjoyed reading the comics. So, i just decided to go with the speed of sound as a minimum. Plus the fact that there are so many variations on his powers makes it hard to have a standard for these things. you could follow the bronze age superman who couldn't fly, or you could use the silver age where he can fly faster than light.
so, i just used what knowledge I, personally, had to form an arguement. if anyone else can come up with a better standard for superman, please, by all means, do.

Slaanesh
supes has no chance at all..

SouthSpawn
This is a silly thread.

It's so one sided it's crazy.

Doctor Manhattan would own Superman with a mere thought.

Just what excatly could Superman do to Doc to win.

Speed blitz Him: No it wouldn't work as Superman would fly through nothing but air.

Punch Him: Wouldn't work either for some reasons above.

Freeze Breath Him: The Doc could just turn that freeze to pure ice, water or what he saw fit.

Eye Blast Him: Once again, The Doc has walked on the surface of the sun with no problem. I don't think Superman's eye blast would do anything.

Doctor Manhattan probably would just ignore him or Teleport him away from the fight.

If superman came back, he would already know it was coming and could do something else.

The fact that people are even giving Superman a chance is laughable to me.

Can some tell me what excatly could superman do to Doc to win?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
Eye Blast Him: Once again, The Doc has walked on the surface of the sun with no problem. I don't think Superman's eye blast would do anything.

Well, so has Thor but they sure did their work on him.

SouthSpawn
Well, so has Thor but they sure did their work on him.

Thor <> Doctor Manhattan

Kris Blaze
Thor <> Doctor Manhattan

You tried to use Manhattan's resistance to heat to claim that he would not be harmed by the heat vision. Thor has shown equal/greater resistance and the beams still harmed him.

Starscream M
yep, it's smaller actually. (I know the naked dood isn't god, but god created man in his image smile)

http://blog.beliefnet.com/feilerfaster/God2-Sistine_Chapel.png

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
yep, it's smaller actually. (I know the naked dood isn't god, but god created man in his image smile)

http://blog.beliefnet.com/feilerfaster/God2-Sistine_Chapel.png

And I could post any picture of a man with a longer penis, and that would prove you wrong.

But I don't keep pictures of naked men on my computer.

Much unlike yourself smile

Starscream M
dood, it was a joke. jeez.

Mindset

But I don't keep pictures of naked men on my computer.

False

SouthSpawn
You tried to use Manhattan's resistance to heat to claim that he would not be harmed by the heat vision. Thor has shown equal/greater resistance and the beams still harmed him.

OK how about this.

With a "combination" of being able to walk on the sun and being completely intanable.

Superpunk's heat vision wouldn't work.

Kris Blaze
OK how about this.

With a "combination" of being able to walk on the sun and being completely intanable.

Superpunk's heat vision wouldn't work.

His t-vo would.

And of course, he could try vibrating to match Dr.Manhattan's frequency. OH, did you even know Superman could go intangible?

jasofisc
His t-vo would.

And of course, he could try vibrating to match Dr.Manhattan's frequency. OH, did you even know Superman could go intangible?

how would t-vo work really I don't think anybody really knows they make stuff up from what i can see. Manhattan's doesn't vibrate to go intangible like sups. Manhattan is energy how is sups even going to affect him.

vlaaad12345
The same way hes effected other energy types with heat vision and t-vo?hell kc superman punched lightning.

jasofisc
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
The same way hes effected other energy types with heat vision and t-vo?hell kc superman punched lightning.

are we talking about kc sups, his power level is so beyound current supes it's laughable. and what other energy types, could compair to Dr. M. really captain atom, he can still be punched manhatten can't be unless he wanted to.

jasofisc
oh has anyone even mentioned that doc M has total pre cog. if there is anyway to beat supes he will know it.

Kris Blaze
Nobody seems to understand that if Doc Manhattan sees Superman hitting him in the face, in the future, he won't be able to stop it. He can see the strings, he still can't act on it.

jasofisc
Nobody seems to understand that if Doc Manhattan sees Superman hitting him in the face, in the future, he won't be able to stop it. He can see the strings, he still can't act on it.

yeah but he does have some latitude with what happens. The entire history of his earth was changed with his presences. i know the line your referring to but it contradicted everything in the watchmen. If that was true that Doc wouldn't have affected how everything came about like nickson staying in office but he did. Same would go for supes. he would know the way to beat him. He would say later that he had no choice in the matter but that would still be wrong. Also what would there be for superman to hit unless Mannatten wanted him to hit something.

vlaaad12345
Again he has hit pure energy with his heat vision before and his t-vo allows him to do the same,how about some actual feats of docs that let him beat supes...o wait he has none.

jasofisc
Again he has hit pure energy with his heat vision before and his t-vo allows him to do the same,how about some actual feats of docs that let him beat supes...o wait he has none.

like who that was on Doc M's level. you still haven't said sounds like you just pulled something you heard from someone else. I think someone who has complete control over matter should be able to stop supes. Since he can make matter into anything and has evaporated people i think that would come in handy. For one thing he could make supes electro telekintic field (you the thing that makes supes intangible) into air) or read his past and make everything k-night. the list really goes on and on and no one has really come up with a reason supes heat vision would really work or t-vo for that matter. Doc M boasted (not one for lieing or exageration) that he has walked on the surface of the sun. I think that pretty much means that he can take the heat.

jasofisc

has he hit martain manhunnter before when he was intangble.

I-Drop
Dr. M gives Supes cancer & then turns into a carYDDHHrt6l4w

jasofisc
i'm sure their's some way supes can win I really don't see Doc M as being far and away better then supes but I just haven't really seen any real proff that supes can really do anything to him. If i'm wrong then actually state things that have happened that apply to doc m. Not that he can do something but that he has actually done it. Like hitting Marian manhunnter when he was intangble and when MM was writtin write in regards to his intangibly. Or if supes has hit and beat someone is pure energy like the radiant not someone like cap. atom.

jasofisc
Originally posted by I-Drop
Dr. M gives Supes cancer & then turns into a carYDDHHrt6l4w

you win

jalek moye
Originally posted by jasofisc
yeah but he does have some latitude with what happens. The entire history of his earth was changed with his presences. i know the line your referring to but it contradicted everything in the watchmen. If that was true that Doc wouldn't have affected how everything came about like nickson staying in office but he did. Same would go for supes. he would know the way to beat him. He would say later that he had no choice in the matter but that would still be wrong. Also what would there be for superman to hit unless Mannatten wanted him to hit something. him affecting things was part of his future, he cant change what he sees. His history wasn't changed it was fate for all of it to happen and he knows that.

Mindset
SS farts out some tachyons.

jasofisc
Originally posted by jalek moye
him affecting things was part of his future, he cant change what he sees. His history wasn't changed it was fate for all of it to happen and he knows that.

but he did just by being there. his view of pre detrmnation was just wrong. Even so if he knows because of his time vision that superman is vunrable to k-nite or any other way to beat him that will play into what the future is which makes everything circular.

jasofisc
SS farts out some tachyons.

do you mean sm or is silver surfer in this too

jalek moye
Originally posted by jasofisc
but he did just by being there. his view of pre detrmnation was just wrong. Even so if he knows because of his time vision that superman is vunrable to k-nite or any other way to beat him that will play into what the future is which makes everything circular.
umm him being there was part of his future, he didnt have achoice

Mindset
Oops wrong thread my friend.

Superman could probably vibrate his anus to the frequency to fart out tachyons though.

iceman24567
Oops wrong thread my friend.

Superman could probably vibrate his anus to the frequency to fart out tachyons though. I was actually thinking of something like that eek!

Avlon
Superman wins.

Cartesian Doubt

I think Superman Beyond illustrates this quite clearly, with Quantum Superman being Morison's interpretation of the Doc. I think he said something on the lines of 'I am the Endgame of the idea that Spawned the likes of you (In regards to Ultra man and Superman). When Moore first pledged the idea of Watchmen to D.C. the story was originally going to feature C lister D.C. characters; the Doc\ being Captain Atom.So you could argue that Superman is generally portrayed beyond Captain Atom, however there have been suggestions that Captain Atom, is the most powerful being in D.C. creation (Sub Metaphysical deities such as Spectre, Endless, Angels, Certain Sky Fathers etc).

If you want to base it on feats (Which as Digi has stated shouldn't really be the case), one limitation of the Doctor was clearly illustrated. Ozymandias makes it very clear that the Doc will probably be unable to disarm all the Russians nuclear arsenal when deployed. This is something that a full power Supes should easily be able to do, based on Speed and endurance feats, however I don't think this should really be taken into consideration.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt

If you want to base it on feats (Which as Digi has stated shouldn't really be the case), one limitation of the Doctor was clearly illustrated. Ozymandias makes it very clear that the Doc will probably be unable to disarm all the Russians nuclear arsenal when deployed. This is something that a full power Supes should easily be able to do, based on Speed and endurance feats, however I don't think this should really be taken into consideration. I believe Ozy said if the russians launched all their nukes at once, manhattan would stop only 99%. the russians had thousands of nukes. Stopping 99% of them at once is quite impressive.

whereas in kingdom come, Superman seemed to struggle to stop just one nuke.

Cartesian Doubt
I believe Ozy said if the russians launched all their nukes at once, manhattan would stop only 99%. the russians had thousands of nukes. Stopping 99% of them at once is quite impressive.

whereas in kingdom come, Superman seemed to struggle to stop just one nuke.

KingDome Come Superman didn't try and stop any Nukes .... confused

Any way the ones launched in KC where meta-human proof, whatever the **** that means. They had some kind of force field protecting them (This is one of the weakest points of the story, as a forcefield which was able to defend the nuke from various of Super heroes, would have a power source WAY beyond the 50 megaton yield of the nuke). If supes was at his planet moving levels as depicted in the most recent JSA arc (Being way more powerful than our Supes), then the guy must absorb way over 50 megatons of Solar raidiation every second... Rant over any way, they were meta proof nukes.

Starscream M
KingDome Come Superman didn't try and stop any Nukes .... confused

didn't he try to stop a nuke, then cap marvel threw him backwards and stopped the nuke himself?

Kris Blaze

Starscream M

Kris Blaze
it's called reading between the lines, genius. they clearly implied Jon could stop most of the nukes, but prob not all...hence the 1% that would fall through and end the world.

Reading the ACTUAL LINES and still not understanding what they meant, is NOT reading BETWEEN the lines.

jasofisc
didn't he try to stop a nuke, then cap marvel threw him backwards and stopped the nuke himself?

true true

Original Smurph
If you want to base it on feats (Which as Digi has stated shouldn't really be the case), one limitation of the Doctor was clearly illustrated. Ozymandias makes it very clear that the Doc will probably be unable to disarm all the Russians nuclear arsenal when deployed. This is something that a full power Supes should easily be able to do, based on Speed and endurance feats, however I don't think this should really be taken into consideration. I'd hardly call that limitation clear. It's complete speculation. Ozymandias didn't say at any point that Doc Manhattan would probably fail to stop the nukes, but he said that if Manhattan DID fail, then the world would be forfeit. Even if there's a 1% chance that Jon fails, that's a 1% chance that everybody, everywhere, dies.

Furthermore, Veidt clearly underestimates Jon's power in the book (note when he attempts to kill Jon). Therefore, speculation from Ozy doesn't guarantee anything.

Newjak
Originally posted by Original Smurph
I'd hardly call that limitation clear. It's complete speculation. Ozymandias didn't say at any point that Doc Manhattan would probably fail to stop the nukes, but he said that if Manhattan DID fail, then the world would be forfeit. Even if there's a 1% chance that Jon fails, that's a 1% chance that everybody, everywhere, dies.

Furthermore, Veidt clearly underestimates Jon's power in the book (note when he attempts to kill Jon). Therefore, speculation from Ozy doesn't guarantee anything. People also tend to forget that DM himself thought that if nuclear war started that it would be the end of humanity.

Hence why he was trying to make sure it never happened.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Newjak
People also tend to forget that DM himself thought that if nuclear war started that it would be the end of humanity.

Hence why he was trying to make sure it never happened. I don't think DM ever said that he wouldn't be capable of stopping the nukes. He did think that there might be war in the future because of the tachyon influence that was disrupting his future-vision. As it turned out, that influence was due to Ozymandias, and the destruction that Jon saw hints of was the NYC Squid.

Jon never seemed to think he was incapable of stopping the nukes though.

Starscream M
jon also gradually stopped giving a shit about humanity...he had far bigger things to waste his time on than worrying about how to save a species dumb enough to exact its own extinction

Allankles
Reading the ACTUAL LINES and still not understanding what they meant, is NOT reading BETWEEN the lines.

They said that if the Russians unloaded their payload, Manhattan wouldn't be able to stop all the missiles. Ozy: "Even Manhattan can't be everywhere at once."

Starscream M
Originally posted by Allankles
They said that if the Russians unloaded their payload, Manhattan wouldn't be able to stop all the missiles. and no one is saying he could.

Allankles

He was going to stop the nuke, and it didn't look like he'd have struggled stopping it.

Starscream M
He was going to stop the nuke, and it didn't look like he'd have struggled stopping that nuke. he wasn't fast enough to stop one nuke before being pulled away...how do you think he'd handled 5000 nukes simultaneously?

and didn't captain marvel die from the nuke...their durabilities are comparable

Allankles
he wasn't fast enough to stop one nuke before being pulled away...how do you think he'd handled 5000 nukes simultaneously?

and didn't captain marvel die from the nuke...their durabilities are comparable

Marvel has comparable speed, so not a big deal that he intercepted Supes in mid flight.

It was a metahuman killing nuke.

Original Smurph
They said that if the Russians unloaded their payload, Manhattan wouldn't be able to stop all the missiles. Ozy: "Even Manhattan can't be everywhere at once." Originally posted by Original Smurph
Furthermore, Veidt clearly underestimates Jon's power in the book (note when he attempts to kill Jon). Therefore, speculation from Ozy doesn't guarantee anything.

Who's to say Jon can't be everywhere at once if he desires?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Who's to say Jon can't be everywhere at once if he desires? technically, he could be everywhere at once, virtually instaneously

just create duplicates and teleport to the missile locations

jasofisc
He was going to stop the nuke, and it didn't look like he'd have struggled stopping it.

if CA had trouble so would superman (it was shown them to be pretty much equal with ca coming up short) but that's neither here nor there

on topic this is a fun fight because it's so hard to really judge DM since he's never fought anyone that is super human.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1479/jesusseesmanhatten.th.jpg LOL.

thefuture1992
i know dr manhattan is in control of atoms and can take people apart atom by atom .i know that dr manhattan is held as sme kind of god but goku has alot of poweres that people dont really know about so what im asking is do you think goku stands a chance

Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

BradBalboa
Please dont bring Goku into this..

nywho Feats wise Supes rapes Manhattan..

LDHZenkai
I can't believe this was even allowed to go on as a thread. Doctor Manhattan could just blow superman apart, or create red sun radiation and kyrptonite. As far as the kid talking about goku...goku sucks. Dr. Manhattan thinks him out of existence

iceman24567
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
I can't believe this was even allowed to go on as a thread. Doctor Manhattan could just blow superman apart, or create red sun radiation and kyrptonite. As far as the kid talking about goku...goku sucks. Dr. Manhattan thinks him out of existence thumb down

BradBalboa
Dr Manhattan is powerful but as far as feats go he hasnt doen anythign all that impressive, even Goku beats him in feats.

So in that rule, Superman wins this !!

Voyeur
Feats? which isn't what it is about. It's a story, a work of art.

Watchmen is a masterpiece of a graphic novel. And it's evident almost the majority of you haven't even read it if you think that anyone in the entire DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, (etc.) comic universe can defeat him.

He's life. He has no organs, he doesn't need to breathe or eat, or drink, he can make multiple amounts of himself. He already knows the outcome of everything that is involving him to come. SuperMan wouldn't even be able to physically touch him. He becomes intangible, invulnerable, and is immortal.

he'll never age, he can't be killed, he can't be destroyed, or defeated. He'll just regenerate. Are all of you that brain dead that you really think that Super Man or anyone would stand a chance against some one that essentially is life? He is Life & Death, at it's most microscopic, sub atomic, essence of it. At the seams of what the universe exists on, he is it. Dr. Manhattan being defeated by Superman? gtfo.

He'll just *point* and blow superman apart, there are plenty of feats and scans from the novel of that. He can phase and become untouchable. I won't even continue to quote or point out actual acts of feats and things from the Graphic Novel but I highly advise you all read up on it and just learn about Dr. Manhattan for yourself.

He says at the end how he'll even go off to create humans. I mean, God? Yes, and not only in title, that literally is having the power of God.

-.- honestly...the mentality level on here some times

What ever you guys think of Dr. Manhattan, is most likely incorrect. And with PIS, he's over powered. And that is with restricting his abilities to make the story seem more suspensful. Dr. Manhattan is a symbolic representation of something greater. Don't cheapen him by asking for feats or such. But in all honesty, I don't see him loosing to the majority of anyone. Taking into consideration his kind of character, he'd probably not even fight and find it useless, knowing the outcome.

XanatosForever
I'd like to point out an earlier post in this thread to compliment Voyeur's rather scathing reply in regards to feats for Dr Manhattan.

All in all, Dr. Manhattan has a significant and distinct advantage over Superman.

Any and all vs. threads concerning Dr. Manhattan should be considered spite in Doc's favor. Really...

h1a8
Originally posted by Voyeur
Feats?

Watchmen is a masterpiece of a graphic novel. And it's evident almost the majority of you haven't even read it if you think that anyone in the entire DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, (etc.) comic universe can defeat him.

He's life. He has no organs, he doesn't need to breathe or eat, or drink, he can make multiple amounts of himself. He already knows the outcome of everything that is involving him to come. SuperMan wouldn't even be able to physically touch him. He becomes intangible, invulnerable, and is immortal.

he'll never age, he can't be killed, he can't be destroyed, or defeated. He'll just regenerate. Are all of you that brain dead that you really think that Super Man or anyone would stand a chance against some one that essentially is life? He is Life & Death, at it's most microscopic, sub atomic, essence of it. At the seams of what the universe exists on, he is it. Dr. Manhattan being defeated by Superman? gtfo.

He'll just *point* and blow superman apart, there are plenty of feats and scans from the novel of that. He can phase and become untouchable. I won't even continue to quote or point out actual acts of feats and things from the Graphic Novel but I highly advise you all read up on it and just learn about Dr. Manhattan for yourself.

He says at the end how he'll even go off to create humans. I mean, God? Yes, and not only in title, that literally is having the power of God.

What ever you guys think of Dr. Manhattan, is most likely incorrect. In with PIS, he's over powered. And that is with restricting his abilities to make the story seem more suspensful.

I agree with you nearly 100%. I don't think the Dr. can explode Superman but even so, this along with whether he can also teleport him is moot as you will see. This fight depends on the rules of the forum. Meaning, would destroying someone be considered a ko even though they would eventually come to?

Assuming this is the case then Superman might be able to win against Dr. Manhattan if the Dr. starts in solid form and Superman fast enough to destroy him before he acts.

Otherwise, Superman can't win.

Mindset
Originally posted by Voyeur
Feats? which isn't what it is about. It's a story, a work of art.

What ever you guys think of Dr. Manhattan, is most likely incorrect. And with PIS, he's over powered. And that is with restricting his abilities to make the story seem more suspensful. Dr. Manhattan is a symbolic representation of something greater. Don't cheapen him by asking for feats or such. But in all honesty, I don't see him loosing to the majority of anyone. Taking into consideration his kind of character, he'd probably not even fight and find it useless, knowing the outcome. laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>