The Children

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Heaps of films about evil kids are coming out like Them, the Children of the Corn remake, the Who Can Kill A Child remake, Vinyan, Eden Lake, and Plauge Town. Add another one to the list. A new film from the UK called The Children. It looks pretty cool but sounds very similar to Children of the Corn!

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1095/thechildrenfg8.jpg

bGf0AESeI54

MildPossession
It sounds nothing like Children of the Corn, only similar is evil children...

I saw a longer trailer than that with more stuff in months ago, don't know why that's not out now and just the above teaser.

Looks good.

deathbycorn
"children begin to turn on their parents."

Sounds like Children of the Corn to me.

MildPossession
So have a lot of films before Children of the Corn, not exactly a new idea when Corn came along.

steverules
Children of the corn Christmas special

deathbycorn
Originally posted by MildPossession
So have a lot of films before Children of the Corn, not exactly a new idea when Corn came along.

Name some films except Village of the Damned and Who Can Kill A Child?

Devil Times Five is the only one that comes to mind. And maybe The Brood.

Sure there are plenty of films about evil kids like The Omen and The Exorcist but not all of them are about murdering adults.

steverules
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Name some films except Village of the Damned and Who Can Kill A Child?

Devil Times Five is the only one that comes to mind. And maybe The Brood.

Sure there are plenty of films about evil kids like The Omen and The Exorcist but not all of them are about murdering adults.

Well actually in the omen Damien tried to kill his mother so.....yeah

MildPossession
Still doesn't take away from the fact that Children of the Corn was nothing new in the children killing parents department. It's not VERY SIMILAR in the slightest from everything I've seen.

The longer trailer compared to the one above didn't remind me of Children of the Corn in the slightest.

MildPossession
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ILomKo1JvXQ&eurl

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ELfWcviVoyM&feature=user

Two more teaser trailers.

carls143
Happy Dance CHECK THIS OUT;
thechildrenmovie.com/

The Christmas holidays. What starts as a relaxing house party for two
families coming together to celebrate the festive season gradually turns
into a horrifying fight for survival as one by one the children mysteriously
fall ill and begin to turn against their parents with increasingly
disturbing consequences.

sick Happy Dance eek!

deathbycorn
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t494188.html

Impediment
Merged.

deathbycorn
The full trailer is online now and like I said before this reeks of Children of the Corn.

Not the whole religion angle but the actual plot of children killing adults like at the start of Children of the Corn.

This movie seems to want to show the killings more though.

GAgCHQCF9Jo

MildPossession
It DOES NOT reek of Children of the Corn, seriously, it's NOTHING like it, the only similar thing is the kids killing adults(mentioned before that it's been done BEFORE Children of the Corn), that is all... you really have to get that out of your head.

deathbycorn
Nah, you have to get over this "what I say goes" routine.

MildPossession
Going by the clips, trailers, characters, storyline, script review. My posts are correct. Simple.

There is a difference between a lot like Children of the Corn, and similar to certain things. You can say that for most films.

Nothing to do with What I Say Goes.

deathbycorn
What I'm saying is EVERYONE has their own opinion on things in life.

In my opinion, this film looks HEAPS like Children of the Corn minus the religion. Also quite Village of the Damned without the whole pregnancy thing.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I have stated mine, if you don't think the films look similar just say it and be done with it. There's no need to carry on and try and make the point that its nothing like Children of the Corn, when you aren't going to change my mind untill I see The Children for myself and can judge it after I watch it wether it was a rip-off of Children of the Corn and Village of the Damned.

MildPossession
Well I must have been watching an alternative universe edition of 'Children of the Corn'...

deathbycorn
If thats the case, so be it.

John-n.co.uk
just saw this in my local HMV anyone know if its any good ?

MildPossession
Look and open your eyes next time stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t494188.html

John-n.co.uk
lol sorry mate i do them sort of things alot . sad

deathbycorn
I just finished watching this and all I can say is - Children of the Corn for 2009.

MildPossession
I should think so. smile The original topic with trailers in is just above this one. It's suppose to be worth seeing, why not rent it and see what you think.

lil bitchiness
I'm about to watch this - I'll report back if its any good. (in my opinion, of course)

lil bitchiness
I just finished watching this movie, and I loved it. Acting was exceptional and very believable, storyline was simple but well executed.

What I found surprising and also good about this movie is that it doesn't shy away from showing very graphic children deaths

Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot. I absolutely recommend it.

SDB
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I just finished watching this and all I can say is - Children of the Corn for 2009. children of the corn is about devil worshiping kid (he who walk behind the rose) who kill there parents to take control of there town cause the devil told them too, this movie looks different something supernatural or biological is making these kids miss behave, i wouldn't say its the same movie, that be like saying that the six sense and poltergeist were the same thing.

The Nuul
Just got this and about to watch it.

The Nuul
This is actually pretty good.

MildPossession
Ignore Deathbycorn, he was absolutely talking out of his arse that it's similar to Children of the Corn. Just watched this last night, and it's NOTHING like Children of the Corn, the only similar thing is 'evil' children killing adults, and as said before, done way before Children of the Corn also.

Apparently a sequel is on the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.