Marvel Universe ridicolous?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnny Deluxe
Is the Marvel Universe ridicolous? Personally, I don't read that many comics, but I like some Marvel characters. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk and a few others... They're cool. However, the universe itself is kinda lame, don't you think?

First of, the cosmic system of gods and so on is completely out of order, with unnecesarily many gods, and it's a mess when you try to make a list of who the more powerful of them are. Some of them, like Galactus, Living Tribunal, etc., are cool enough, but there are too many lame cosmic beings, like the Sinestrals. And with the Marvel universe containing so many planets and so on, why do they always seem to target the Earth? And the Earth always seems to be the only planet who can fence them off...

Secondly, how insanely overrated it makes martial arts! A martial artist can go and take down guys with many times his own strenght and with super-human speed and reflexes, as when Captain America outmatched Spidey in a hand-to-hand fight. Or when Captain America knocked down the Hulk in a hand-to-hand fight. Or when that other marital arts guy no one cares about beated Spidey... Just damn.

Also, look how insanely many people happens to go around and have super powers... Hell, it's not superhumans who are overpowered, it's humans who are weka, y'know? Everyone turn into masked madmen or heroes, and superpowers don't evne feel like anything extra ordinary. And it really isn't, as all you gotta do is train karate, and you will be superior to a superhuman...

And all the unneccesary drama... How the **** do all those madmen get the money to live out their evil plans? How come the police are too weak to ever do anything about it? Being criminal have never been easier than in the Marvel universe, or rather, well... You always end up as being stopped, but the normal community can never do a thing to you. It gotta be those super humans! Oh, and why do all the superheroes have to have such complicated and dramatic lives?

Don't get me wrong. This is actually even MORE extreme in the DC universe, but I know more about the Marvel universe, so deciced to focus on that universe.

My question is: is the Marvel universe anything less than completely ridicolous?

Johnny Deluxe
Sorry about the grammatic errors, I was in a hurry.

chithappens
I fail to see how no other comic universe does not do the same thing

Johnny Deluxe
Chithappens, I did point the DC universe out, but I know more about the Marvel universe.

However, some comic universes feels far less ridicolous, while still being filled with supernatural stuff, y'know?

Priest
Originally posted by Johnny Deluxe
Is the Marvel Universe ridicolous? Personally, I don't read that many comics, but I like some Marvel characters. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk and a few others... They're cool. However, the universe itself is kinda lame, don't you think?

First of, the cosmic system of gods and so on is completely out of order, with unnecesarily many gods, and it's a mess when you try to make a list of who the more powerful of them are. Some of them, like Galactus, Living Tribunal, etc., are cool enough, but there are too many lame cosmic beings, like the Sinestrals. And with the Marvel universe containing so many planets and so on, why do they always seem to target the Earth? And the Earth always seems to be the only planet who can fence them off...

Secondly, how insanely overrated it makes martial arts! A martial artist can go and take down guys with many times his own strenght and with super-human speed and reflexes, as when Captain America outmatched Spidey in a hand-to-hand fight. Or when Captain America knocked down the Hulk in a hand-to-hand fight. Or when that other marital arts guy no one cares about beated Spidey... Just damn.

Also, look how insanely many people happens to go around and have super powers... Hell, it's not superhumans who are overpowered, it's humans who are weka, y'know? Everyone turn into masked madmen or heroes, and superpowers don't evne feel like anything extra ordinary. And it really isn't, as all you gotta do is train karate, and you will be superior to a superhuman...

And all the unneccesary drama... How the **** do all those madmen get the money to live out their evil plans? How come the police are too weak to ever do anything about it? Being criminal have never been easier than in the Marvel universe, or rather, well... You always end up as being stopped, but the normal community can never do a thing to you. It gotta be those super humans! Oh, and why do all the superheroes have to have such complicated and dramatic lives?

Don't get me wrong. This is actually even MORE extreme in the DC universe, but I know more about the Marvel universe, so deciced to focus on that universe.

My question is: is the Marvel universe anything less than completely ridicolous?
Applying real world logic to comics would make a boring comic..Don't you think?

llagrok
Fail thread is fail.

Endrict Nuul
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/160/funnypicturesbirdcatcaguz0.th.jpghttp://img100.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Johnny Deluxe
A comic do not need real life logic, no. It just don't have to be one childish mess. I could mention tons of universes which are just as supernatural as the Marvel universe, yet got ten times more system and order, making it far more interesting.

willRules
A comic do not need real life logic, no. It just don't have to be one childish mess. I could mention tons of universes which are just as supernatural as the Marvel universe, yet got ten times more system and order, making it far more interesting.

Nah, I'm enjoying the "childish mess" more. If you don't like it, don't read it big grin

Nihilist
ermmroll

ultimatethor
FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

llagrok

And they're as large as the Marvel verse?

You're like a rampant child lashing out at the Marvel verse because something a couple of writers did. You're even complaining about the addition of certain characters that aren't "cool enough" It's not like everything takes place on earth either, a mass of crossovers has taken place elsewhere.

Did you ever happen to read ANNIHILATION? haermm

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/160/funnypicturesbirdcatcaguz0.th.jpghttp://img100.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Endrict Nuul

Than dont read comics...

Grinning Goku
Than dont read comics...

Pretty much.

Scoobless
FFS guys, let a person have an opinion that's different from yours without b!tching about it for once.

God damn....

Priest
Wat does FFS mean?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Scoobless
FFS guys, let a person have an opinion that's different from yours without b!tching about it for once.

God damn....

But making a thread about ranting? thats not needed.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Priest
Wat does FFS mean?

For f@uk sakes

darthgoober
Don't be so hard on him guys. There DOES seem to be an over abundance of focus on Marvel Earth when you look at the big picture, which is probably why Marvel's actually covered some of it in various stories.

Alright Johnny, I'll do what I can to explain what I know and provide some reasonable conjecture that seems to follow the evidence given...

First, you have to realize that Marvel's just taken the traditional mythological format(where there's a God of Fire, God of War, ect) and applied it to a universal scale in regards to it's cosmology. Just as EVERYTHING has a specific God that rules over it here on Earth, EVERYTHING in the universe has a specific abstract that governs it. It just goes to show that no matter how powerful you are, there's always someone bigger. TOAA's obviously just not into micromanaging and prefers to pass the buck. Is all that necessary... of course not. But then again how many Pantheons exist on Earth?

As for the second part(why Earth always wins out in cosmic events and humans are continuously improving themselves to seemingly unattainable levels), the Celestials manipulated both the planet itself and the human genome while mankind was still in its infancy. According to the Stranger, humankind has the potential to eventually mutate to the point that they'll ascend to be the new abstracts when this universe ends and the next begins. Similar in many ways to what happened to Galactus. Just think about it, if the abstracts are destroyed in the destruction of the universe(which they logically should since the destruction of life and sentient beings would mean the destruction of abstract concepts) then where are concepts like Love and Hate going to spring from in a new universe devoid of life? Humanity has destiny working for it because humanity is closer to reaching that point than any other race in the universe so if ANYONE in the universe can drive off Galactus then logic would dictate that it be us. And I know it seems like a stretch that humanity "just happens" to be that one race, but that's only because we're living on it. If there's only one planet in the universe that's going to do it successfully then Earth's chances of being that one planet are just as good as anyone elses planet.

That's why the people of our planet are so prone to mutation and in larger and larger numbers and that's why the human brains like Reed and Doom are able of making leaps in technology that surpass civilizations that are thousands of years older than ours, we're in the running to become the new "big dogs" via genetic keys implanted by the Celestials, it's just taking us a while to get there. The Watcher even told Volcanna that ALL humans have the inner potential for power on a multiversal scale, they just need some kind of trigger to unlock that potential.

As for the villains always having money to fiance their operations, the "tech" dependent were normally scientist who invented their gear, thieves who stole the gear, or are part of/have ties to a wealthy criminal organization like Aim or Hydra. Those organizations are wealthy because they date back to a period before there were 20,000 guys running around in spandex or because they have sufficient influence with the government to swing some "under the table" funding in exchange for things like weapons and black opps services.

And if you were a cop on Marvel Earth how hard would you even try when it came to anyone more dangerous than the average bank robber? I mean, why get within striking distance of someone who can press 10 tons when someone like Spidey or the FF is likely to show up at any moment?

In regards to the drama, well who DOESN'T have it? My life is filled with and I'm actually able to tell people where I'm goin. God only knows what I'd have to deal with if I had to keep it secret.

So there you can go, hopefully that alleviated some of you worries and confusion on comics. If not, just write it all off as PIS stick out tongue .

llagrok
Originally posted by Scoobless

God damn....

Scoob sad.

darthgoober
Damn bottom of the page...
Originally posted by darthgoober
Don't be so hard on him guys. There DOES seem to be an over abundance of focus on Marvel Earth when you look at the big picture, which is probably why Marvel's actually covered some of it in various stories.

Alright Johnny, I'll do what I can to explain what I know and provide some reasonable conjecture that seems to follow the evidence given...

First, you have to realize that Marvel's just taken the traditional mythological format(where there's a God of Fire, God of War, ect) and applied it to a universal scale in regards to it's cosmology. Just as EVERYTHING has a specific God that rules over it here on Earth, EVERYTHING in the universe has a specific abstract that governs it. It just goes to show that no matter how powerful you are, there's always someone bigger. TOAA's obviously just not into micromanaging and prefers to pass the buck. Is all that necessary... of course not. But then again how many Pantheons exist on Earth?

As for the second part(why Earth always wins out in cosmic events and humans are continuously improving themselves to seemingly unattainable levels), the Celestials manipulated both the planet itself and the human genome while mankind was still in its infancy. According to the Stranger, humankind has the potential to eventually mutate to the point that they'll ascend to be the new abstracts when this universe ends and the next begins. Similar in many ways to what happened to Galactus. Just think about it, if the abstracts are destroyed in the destruction of the universe(which they logically should since the destruction of life and sentient beings would mean the destruction of abstract concepts) then where are concepts like Love and Hate going to spring from in a new universe devoid of life? Humanity has destiny working for it because humanity is closer to reaching that point than any other race in the universe so if ANYONE in the universe can drive off Galactus then logic would dictate that it be us. And I know it seems like a stretch that humanity "just happens" to be that one race, but that's only because we're living on it. If there's only one planet in the universe that's going to do it successfully then Earth's chances of being that one planet are just as good as anyone elses planet.

That's why the people of our planet are so prone to mutation and in larger and larger numbers and that's why the human brains like Reed and Doom are able of making leaps in technology that surpass civilizations that are thousands of years older than ours, we're in the running to become the new "big dogs" via genetic keys implanted by the Celestials, it's just taking us a while to get there. The Watcher even told Volcanna that ALL humans have the inner potential for power on a multiversal scale, they just need some kind of trigger to unlock that potential.

As for the villains always having money to fiance their operations, the "tech" dependent were normally scientist who invented their gear, thieves who stole the gear, or are part of/have ties to a wealthy criminal organization like Aim or Hydra. Those organizations are wealthy because they date back to a period before there were 20,000 guys running around in spandex or because they have sufficient influence with the government to swing some "under the table" funding in exchange for things like weapons and black opps services.

And if you were a cop on Marvel Earth how hard would you even try when it came to anyone more dangerous than the average bank robber? I mean, why get within striking distance of someone who can press 10 tons when someone like Spidey or the FF is likely to show up at any moment?

In regards to the drama, well who DOESN'T have it? My life is filled with and I'm actually able to tell people where I'm goin. God only knows what I'd have to deal with if I had to keep it secret.

So there you can go, hopefully that alleviated some of you worries and confusion on comics. If not, just write it all off as PIS stick out tongue .

Johnny Deluxe
Some of you guys protect Marvel like it's your child or something. Chill out. For those explaining, thanks.

Endrict Nuul
Some of you guys protect Marvel like it's your child or something. Chill out. For those explaining, thanks.

No, random rants is almost like spam, they are not needed.

Johnny Deluxe
No, random rants are almost like spam, they are not needed.

Idiot. I'm not complaining about Marvel.
I'm trying to start a debate about whatever or not Marvel, even if we hate it or love it, is one big mess.
It's only fiction, don't let it get to you like something personal.

llagrok
Idiot. I'm not complaining about Marvel.
I'm trying to start a debate about whatever or not Marvel, even if we hate it or love it, is one big mess.
It's only fiction, don't let it get to you like something personal.

Now you're flaming too. Enjoy the descent into trollhood.

Basically all you did was complain about the number of superhumans, how strong martial artists were (though the strongest ones are clearly in DC) and then there was some crying about Earth.

DigiMark007
He's entitled to his opinion, but we don't do threads that are nothing but excuses for people to rant.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.