Dooku vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SIDIOUS 66
Who wins?

SIDIOUS 66
Ok i forgot the scenario. There fight takes place in the same spot where Dooku fought Yoda.

Wei Phoenix
Magneto for the majority

SIDIOUS 66
How so? Remember this is movie Magneto.

Rogue Jedi
Is Dooku armed?

NonSensi-Klown
Dooku has the luxury of being able to control just about form of metal just as well as Magneto can through the force. Magneto however is limited to just metal.

That being said, here's how it goes.

1. Dooku throws a tree at Magneto. Being old and not very fast, he is crushed.

2. Dooku uses force lighting. Magneto dies. The end.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Is Dooku armed?

NonSensi-Klown
As in with a lightsaber?

It wouldn't matter. Lightsaber= metal.

Rogue Jedi
Magneto can manipulate metal in THIS universe. Who's to say metal in the SW universe is composed of the same elements?

Bardock42
Magneto can manipulate metal in THIS universe. Who's to say metal in the SW universe is composed of the same elements? Dude.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Dude. Nope, you can't say, different universe, different elements.

Bardock42
Nope, you can't say, different universe, different elements.

Dude. Maybe the force doesn't work on magneto then? How do you know?

Rogue Jedi
Dude. Maybe the force doesn't work on magneto then? How do you know? Magneto is a living being, the force will surely work on him.

Bardock42
Magneto is a living being, the force will surely work on him.

Nah. He's from a different universe. Who can say that living beings in the X-Men universe are made up of the same chemicals?

Utrigita
Doesn't we always in this type of threads working under the assumption that both characters can use their power to their maximum extent, for instance Dooku's lightning and force Grip would work if we threw him into the X-men universe, just like Magneto could tear a stardestroyer in half if we placed him in the Star wars universe...

Rogue Jedi
Nah. He's from a different universe. Who can say that living beings in the X-Men universe are made up of the same chemicals? Good point. Maybe SW characters have no lungs or a pancreas.

jalek moye
magneto wins

Bardock42
Good point. Maybe SW characters have no lungs or a pancreas.

No, it's a bad point.

For a fight we assume metal is metal and powers work.

Rogue Jedi
No, it's a bad point.

For a fight we assume metal is metal and powers work. Sorry, I just cant turn it off like that. I just cant dismiss the obvious.

Guess I am forced to for this fight.

Dooku pwns, his force lightning will FUBAR Magneto. Also, Dooku has force hold, which he used on Annie.

Bardock42
Sorry, I just cant turn it off like that. I just cant dismiss the obvious.

Guess I am forced to for this fight.

Dooku pwns, his force lightning will FUBAR Magneto.

I feel your plight.

Anyways, I agree. Dooku'd win that.

Rogue Jedi
I feel your plight.

Anyways, I agree. Dooku'd win that. I edited.

With force hold, Dooku can throw Magneto around like a Jawa.

Bardock42
I edited.

So?

Rogue Jedi
So? I added on the force hold factor, just saying.

Bardock42
I added on the force hold factor, just saying. Kay, I am already on your side, don't need to convince me.

Rogue Jedi
Kay, I am already on your side, don't need to convince me. GTFO my porch.

Robtard
Magneto can manipulate metal in THIS universe. Who's to say metal in the SW universe is composed of the same elements?

Despite Dooki winning here via force, easily too. That "logic" you apply to these fights is amazingly annoying, please stop doing that.

Rogue Jedi
Happy Birthday *****.

Bardock42
OMG you are younger than RJ no expression

Rogue Jedi
A whole three years haermm

Robtard
Thank you, Ass-cakes.

Yes, RJ is an old, really old ****.

Rogue Jedi
You sure know how to make my undies tighten, schnookums. heartbeat

Darth Martin
Tyrannus would win. He's smarter, more manuverable, agile, and has a lightsaber and knows how to use it.

Tyrannus' Force Mastery>>Magneto's Manipulation of Metals.

Now if this was 616 Magneto on the other hand.........

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Tyrannus would win. He's smarter, more manuverable, agile, and has a lightsaber and knows how to use it.

Tyrannus' Force Mastery>>Magneto's Manipulation of Metals.

Now if this was 616 Magneto on the other hand.........

Magneto is likely smarter. And he's more powerful when he has the time. Dooku would win, because he could react faster and kill him before Magneto could do something. If he gives them a chance to attack, Dooku is done.

ragesRemorse

well, who's to say Magneto cannot manipulate the iron in our blood? By the logic and feats given, he should be able to. if this is the case, no jedi gots nothin on magneto.

Robtard
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well, who's to say Magneto cannot manipulate the iron in our blood? By the logic and feats given, he should be able to. if this is the case, no jedi gots nothin on magneto.

The movie, that's who.

ragesRemorse
It's been stated that he can manipulate any form of metal. He moved an entire bridge. If we can believe that he can move an entire bridge and we KNOW that he can manipulate all metals then whats the problem?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
The movie, that's who. yes

Robtard
It's been stated that he can manipulate any form of metal. He moved an entire bridge. If we can believe that he can move an entire bridge and we KNOW that he can manipulate all metals then whats the problem?

I repeat, "the movie'" does.

Master Crimzon
Magneto is overall more powerful, smarter, and has far better levels of TK when it comes to metal, but, all in all, he has no defense against a force choke or a force crush. If Dooku uses that, Magneto dies.

Comic book Magneto is vastly more powerful than movie Magneto, though. I'd say he can beat Dooku.

ragesRemorse
I repeat, "the movie'" does.

movie's lie

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Magneto is overall more powerful, smarter, and has far better levels of TK when it comes to metal, but, all in all, he has no defense against a force choke or a force crush. If Dooku uses that, Magneto dies.

Comic book Magneto is vastly more powerful than movie Magneto, though. I'd say he can beat Dooku. Magneto can only manipulate metal, Dooku can use TK on anything. Not to mention that anything Magneto hurls at Dooku, Dooku can repel with the force. If Dooku hurls say, a large wooden crate at Magneto, what's Magneto gonna do?

Wei Phoenix

Didn't he kill the guard in X2 by forcing out the iron in their blood?

Robtard
MF'ers do not pay attention.

Mystique injected him with (extra) iron, if he could do that to anybody, he would have escaped long before.

Darth Martin
Magneto is likely smarter. Tyrannus' is an adept politician, Sith, force user of the Dark and Light Side.

Bardock42
Tyrannus' is an adept politician, Sith, force user of the Dark and Light Side. So?

Darth Martin
So? So what has Magneto done, shown, or hinted at in the trilogy that would make him the genuis he is in the comics.

Robtard
Plotted the destruction of mankind?

Bardock42
Magneto can only manipulate metal, Dooku can use TK on anything. Not to mention that anything Magneto hurls at Dooku, Dooku can repel with the force. If Dooku hurls say, a large wooden crate at Magneto, what's Magneto gonna do? The difference is magnitude.

Yoda is shown to take a lot of focus and time to stop that big tube from falling on Anakin and Obi Wan. To Magneto it is a piece of cake. If Dooku would let him have the time to use his powers (no more than a second) he'd be dead ... Magneto would but need a thought to impale him with his own lightsabre. Dooku's advantage is his faster reflexes and quick lethal dark side powers. That's why he'd win. Nothing else.

Rogue Jedi
Magneto can only manipulate metal, Dooku can use TK on anything. Not to mention that anything Magneto hurls at Dooku, Dooku can repel with the force. If Dooku hurls say, a large wooden crate at Magneto, what's Magneto gonna do?

Bardock42
I replied to that.

Rogue Jedi
we must have posted at the same time wink

The difference is magnitude.

Yoda is shown to take a lot of focus and time to stop that big tube from falling on Anakin and Obi Wan. To Magneto it is a piece of cake. If Dooku would let him have the time to use his powers (no more than a second) he'd be dead ... Magneto would but need a thought to impale him with his own lightsabre. Dooku's advantage is his faster reflexes and quick lethal dark side powers. That's why he'd win. Nothing else. Agreed.

Darth Martin
Plotted the destruction of mankind? And Tyrannus is head of the CIS(droids) and is one of two participants of a GALACTIC war? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
And Tyrannus is head of the CIS(droids) and is one of two participants of a GALACTIC war? roll eyes (sarcastic) He helped Xavier create Cerebro.

And we don't know (from the films) how much, if anything, was Dooku's doing, for all we know he might have been a complete Sidious pawn.

Rogue Jedi
I always viewed him as Sidious's pawn.

Mairuzu
-suOPtoXU10

NonSensi-Klown
I see Gandalf.

So I won't watch it.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Same.

AngryManatee
If Dooku hurls say, a large wooden crate at Magneto, what's Magneto gonna do?

Hurl a metal bridge at him?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Hurl a metal bridge at him? Which Dooku will repel, or flip away from.

Face it, Magneto is WAY outclassed here.

AngryManatee
Which Dooku will repel, or flip away from.

Face it, Magneto is WAY outclassed here.

Dooku didn't show any feats in the movies where he force-lifted anything near the size of the golden gate bridge. As I recall all he did was weaken a pillar so it would drop on Anakin, distracting Yoda, and allowing him to escape. I highly doubt he could repel something that big or jump out of its path.

Bardock42
Which Dooku will repel, or flip away from.

Face it, Magneto is WAY outclassed here. Nonsense.

Dooku wins if he immediately force choke or lightnings him. A second of hesitation and Dooku is outclassed big time.

Utrigita
Force Choke is likely Dookus best bet in this match, but I'm not aware of it would rob enough will from Magneto to stop him from sending a spike of metal through Dooku ore encase him in iron ore other material, etc.

Lightning wouldn't from my point of view be a option to Dooku, Magneto showed in the third movie that he could quickly protect himself from forward based attacks.

Rogue Jedi
Nonsense.

Dooku wins if he immediately force choke or lightnings him. A second of hesitation and Dooku is outclassed big time. Dude I already agreed with you on that. I was just saying that any attack Magneto throws at Dooku, Dooku will be able to counter.

The fact that Dooku will likely use a force hold/choke/push is what makes Magneto outclassed.

Bardock42
Dude I already agreed with you on that. I was just saying that any attack Magneto throws at Dooku, Dooku will be able to counter.

The fact that Dooku will likely use a force hold/choke/push is what makes Magneto outclassed. But that's exactly the opposite of what I say. Dooku can't counter any attack Magneto throws at him. If Magneto attack, Dooku dies. That easy.

Rogue Jedi
But that's exactly the opposite of what I say. Dooku can't counter any attack Magneto throws at him. If Magneto attack, Dooku dies. That easy. You are referring to what you said before, "sheer volume", right?

Darth Raizen
This is more than likely in Magneto's favor, since all he has to do is release the iron from inside his body, killing him.

Bardock42
You are referring to what you said before, "sheer volume", right? Partly, yes.

Rogue Jedi
Partly, yes. I guess since we dont see Dooku lifting things as heavy as cars, or a bridge, we have to assume he can't then? At least not as easily as Magneto?

Bardock42
I guess since we dont see Dooku lifting things as heavy as cars, or a bridge, we have to assume he can't then? At least not as easily as Magneto? No, we assume because, Yoda needs to stop his pursuit of Dooku and takes a few seconds to save Anakin and Obi Wan (from something only pressing with the force of gravity), that Dooku (who is inferior to Yoda) does not have the ability to keep up with what Magneto can easily do.

Robtard
When it comes to tossing shit around, Magneto is a God-like compared to Dooku, at least in regards to metal. As noted, even the most powerful of force users can't easily move large objects, nor do so with great speed.

Dooku wins this only if he uses his force-enhanced speed and pulls a lethal or severely crippling attack first, otherwise Magneto can easily kill him with any metal Dooku has on his person, from his saber to his buttons.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Mairuzu
-suOPtoXU10 Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I see Gandalf.

So I won't watch it. Its magneto vs dooku

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Its magneto vs dooku I found the idea funny. Didn't watch it though.

Mairuzu
Good enough 131

i didnt either, just posted it

Robtard
I thought it was funny, the connection. Some people, you just can't appease.

K-Dog
I'm starting to feel like a Magneto fanboy even though I hate him, but when he ripped up and transported the Golden Gate bridge he displayed the power of a god. If there is any metal laying around Dooku is dead meat. Magneto will make it into bullets coming from all directions, and Dooku will not be able to dodge or slice away the multiple projectiles--even if he blocks them they will still be metal which magneto will just keep enclosing on him. If me melts them with the saber, well then he has molten metal coming down on him.
We never saw evidence of a choke killing someone immediately, so even a choking magneto could pummel Dooku in less than a second. Also, the choke is always done within a fairly close range, and Magneto should be able to out-distance him with ranged attacks.
Dooku takes 3/10 via fast lightning and superior reflexes, or in case there isn't much metal laying around.

Bardock42
Originally posted by K-Dog
I'm starting to feel like a Magneto fanboy even though I hate him, but when he ripped up and transported the Golden Gate bridge he displayed the power of a god. If there is any metal laying around Dooku is dead meat. Magneto will make it into bullets coming from all directions, and Dooku will not be able to dodge or slice away the multiple projectiles--even if he blocks them they will still be metal which magneto will just keep enclosing on him. If me melts them with the saber, well then he has molten metal coming down on him.
We never saw evidence of a choke killing someone immediately, so even a choking magneto could pummel Dooku in less than a second. Also, the choke is always done within a fairly close range, and Magneto should be able to out-distance him with ranged attacks.
Dooku takes 3/10 via fast lightning and superior reflexes, or in case there isn't much metal laying around. Are you crazy? The choke has been done over the spaceship distances.

K-Dog
Are you crazy? The choke has been done over the spaceship distances.

Well, I was just thinking movie Star Wars feats if that makes a difference. I am not into the expanded universe stuff.

Utrigita
Are you crazy? The choke has been done over the spaceship distances.

By Dooku in the movies?

I don't recall.

Bardock42
Originally posted by K-Dog
Well, I was just thinking movie Star Wars feats if that makes a difference. I am not into the expanded universe stuff. I am talking movie Star Wars, too. Remember where he chokes that guy over the screen? He's not close to them at all.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Utrigita
By Dooku in the movies?

I don't recall.

No, by Vader. We were talking "Force Choke" in general, weren't we?

K-Dog
I am talking movie Star Wars, too. Remember where he chokes that guy over the screen? He's not close to them at all.

OH yes, you are correct, sorry it has been awhile since I saw Empire Strikes back. In that case I give Dooku the majority of wins.

Utrigita
No, by Vader. We were talking "Force Choke" in general, weren't we?

I didn't think so since it is Dooku's abilities to efficiantly defeat magneto that are being discussed I would think that it would be his force Choke too, but if that wasn't what K-dog was refering too, then nevermind.

Placidity
^ But the problem here is that Vader >>> Doku. So the assumption that Doku can use force choke over a large distance is unjustified.

In this scenario, if the combatants start close together, Dooku should be able to smoke Magneto quickly with force lightning. Using force Choke IMO, is too risky as it does not incapacitate Magneto quickly enough, which gives him the chance to launch many simultaneous fatal counter attacks.

There is the possibility of Magneto blocking lightning with objects, but I find it unlikely as the combatants start close and lightning travels pretty damn fast.

However, in a more open battlefield, Magneto has a much greater chance. In fact, I believe he could take the majority. The theory being that if they start out with a fair distance apart (which is part of Comic vs Rules, but not in here but anyway...), he could levitate himself high into the air beyond the range of which Dooku can affect him with the force. Then he can do whatever he wants, perhaps including slicing Dooku with his own lightsaber or pummeling him with heavy metal objects.

Regarding Magnetos Magnetism TK vs Dooku's Force TK...

Magneto's control of magnetism is far greater than any force user's TK in the movies that I've seen (feats have already been pointed out by many other members). So Dooku will NOT be able to repel objects controlled by Magneto since:

Force applied by Magneto >>>> force used to repel it by Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.