Current Silver Surfer vs. Current Infinity Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
How would this fight Go?

Silver Surfer in his current greatness

vs.

The God killing DOTNG Infinity Man

Priest
The infinity man that Superman scared off?
Surfer can destroy planets I'm sure Infinity man would be scared of him smile

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Is that what you think happened? Superman was pounding on IM and IM simply BFR'd Superman. The IM that Killed Takion and Mantis, And Orion and Ganymede. that IM.

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
The IM that Killed Takion .
So why make a this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Sounds like u have it in for Surfer..

beast1234
Infinity Man take this he was powered by the source.

Mindset
SS takes this easily.

SS pimpslaps IM into oblivion.

ultimatethor
Surfer can destroy planets I'm sure Infinity man would be scared of him smile laughing laughing

Enyalus
IM - like, 9/10.

Juntai
Infinity Man.

Avlon

Superman scared off Infinity man?

Really? What issue was that?

quanchi112
Surfer can destroy planets I'm sure Infinity man would be scared of him smile Planet wreckers can hurt him thats for sure. But Supes didnt scare him off. He was easily contained in an energy prison. Good thing Im wasnt there to kill Supes.Originally posted by Priest
So why make a this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Sounds like u have it in for Surfer.. Fangirl does have it in for the Surfer.

Board Walker
Yeah....IM removes SS from existence with a glance.

You know, the source and all empowering IM and all that jazz. as well as being its' herald.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
Yeah....IM removes SS from existence with a glance.

You know, the source and all empowering IM and all that jazz. as well as being its' herald. LOL. It wouldnt be that easy. Gog ran this guy off. He isnt the Source. Killing off new gods isnt that impressive. Doomsday soloed apokolips. Im snuck around.

Board Walker
Originally posted by quanchi112
LOL. It wouldnt be that easy. Gog ran this guy off. He isnt the Source. Killing off new gods isnt that impressive. Doomsday soloed apokolips. Im snuck around.

...did you read the ending for DOTNG? You are telling me...you believe....IM empowered by the source would actually truly run from GoG if the source told him to eliminate him?

quanchi112
...did you read the ending for DOTNG? You are telling me...you believe....IM empowered by the source would actually truly run from GoG if the source told him to eliminate him? He did leave when Gog told him to. Did you read the jsa arc featuring Gog? They met partner. Killing off new gods is cool and all but Superman can beat the snot out of Seid so its good but nowhere near that impressive. Like I said he was sneaking around doing it.

Board Walker
Yes this is true concerning gog, how ever the thread says most current...and the arc with gog, and the arc with DOTNG...well I don't think I need to further explain with most current being in the title.

quanchi112
Yes this is true concerning gog, how ever the thread says most current...and the arc with gog, and the arc with DOTNG...well I don't think I need to further explain with most current being in the title. The new god killing Im met Gog. Gog ran him outta dodge. Factamundo.

fangirl101
What the hell does it matter if IM fought Gog or not?

Gog fought the Entire Justice Society. It's not like he's some push over. What the FVCk?

Board Walker
The new god killing Im met Gog. Gog ran him outta dodge. Factamundo.

I mostly meant that the end events of DOTNG where IM was present with the source with him, occured after the gog event.

quanchi112
What the hell does it matter if IM fought Gog or not?

Gog fought the Entire Justice Society. It's not like he's some push over. What the FVCk? Just pointing out that Im is powerful but nowhere near as powerful as some are overrating him. He killed new gods in secrecy. Ive seen much better from Doomsday imo.

fangirl101
Just pointing out that Im is powerful but nowhere near as powerful as some are overrating him. He killed new gods in secrecy. Ive seen much better from Doomsday imo.
Doomsday got killed by DS. Takion has better feats than Doomsday. And he got killed. Orion and The IM blew up a star system fighting. And the IM still won.

quanchi112
Doomsday got killed by DS. Takion has better feats than Doomsday. And he got killed. Orion and The IM blew up a star system fighting. And the IM still won. Doomsday wasnt killed by Darkseid. Thats your interpretation not mine. Orion went down. Big whoop. Takion couldnt beat Doomsday so whats your point?

Point is Im isnt as powerful as most would have you believe which includes you. He killed new gods in the dark one on one. yeah he is powerful but nowhere near Odin level.

fangirl101
Doomsday wasnt killed by Darkseid. Thats your interpretation not mine. Orion went down. Big whoop. Takion couldnt beat Doomsday so whats your point?

Point is Im isnt as powerful as most would have you believe which includes you. He killed new gods in the dark one on one. yeah he is powerful but nowhere near Odin level.

It specifically says that Doomsday died all of these times and keeps coming back. Weep. DS killed Doomsday.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg

Avlon
I'm no expert on the new gods....but didn't infinity man kill off the whole race? Weren't there a few thousand of them at least?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Avlon
I'm no expert on the new gods....but didn't infinity man kill off the whole race? Weren't there a few thousand of them at least?
Try a few hundred thousand.

darthgoober
It specifically says that Doomsday died all of these times and keeps coming back. Weep. DS killed Doomsday.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg
The scan says "As would Doomsday" right above the shot of DD tagging DS. That doesn't necessarily mean that DS killed him. It could be just as easily interpreted as an indication of what happened after DD's initial resurrection after Supes killed him in the DOS saga. If one of the "Again's" was above the pic it would support your case a little more, but since it didn't the scan can justifiably be interpreted either way.

Enyalus
Fangirl, are you talking about when DS hits DD with the Omega Beams and DD gets buried under some rubble for a few minutes before getting back up and owning 'Seid?

That 'death'?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Fangirl, are you talking about when DS hits DD with the Omega Beams and DD gets buried under some rubble for a few minutes before getting back up and owning 'Seid?

That 'death'?
Yes. DS said, it is true, you are beyond Death. Giving the impression that DS had killed Doomsday since he has killed a many beings. And would know what death is.

joshypooh
that bio doesnt mention Darkseid killing him.

darthgoober
Yes. DS said, it is true, you are beyond Death. Giving the impression that DS had killed Doomsday since he has killed a many beings. And would know what death is.
DS didn't know about DD's ability to evolve after being killed so "Beyond death" sounds more like "unable to be killed" which would mean that DS didn't do so.

fangirl101
Originally posted by joshypooh
that bio doesnt mention Darkseid killing him. no it only mentions doomsday coming back from death again and again. In Hunter prey, DS said, it's true, you are beyond death. Now we all know Doomsday isn't immortal. So um, DS who has killed many many beings would know when he killed someone.

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
DS didn't know about DD's ability to evolve after being killed so "Beyond death" sounds more like "unable to be killed" which would mean that DS didn't do so. Unable to be killed isn't correct. Becuz he's been killed over and over. And DS is a God who kills beings and resurrects him, how the HELL would he not know if he killed someone? That makes NO sense. the only logical conclusion is that He killed DD and DD ressurected.

Mindset
The Bio says Doomsday is immortal. shifty

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
The Bio says Doomsday is immortal. shifty Ressurection Man is immortal too.

Mindset
That's nice.

darthgoober
Unable to be killed isn't correct. Becuz he's been killed over and over. And DS is a God who kills beings and resurrects him, how the HELL would he not know if he killed someone? That makes NO sense. the only logical conclusion is that He killed DD and DD ressurected.
I know it's incorrect. I didn't say that DS was right, I said that's what his statement sounded like. DS thought he had DD beaten also and was proven wrong about it.

And in a later interview the writer said that he could see Supes resisting the OE just as DD did so unless Supes evolves after death just as DD does, it's pretty clear what he meant to be depicted.

joshypooh
no it only mentions doomsday coming back from death again and again. In Hunter prey, DS said, it's true, you are beyond death. Now we all know Doomsday isn't immortal. So um, DS who has killed many many beings would know when he killed someone. i dont think he died. that bio didnt prove your case.

quanchi112
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg When did it say that Ds killed him here? There are clearly all of his escapades after he rezzed himself. Ds was unable to kill Doomsday and buried him beneath rubble. That explains why he attacked Darkseid so quickly.

fangirl101
I know it's incorrect. I didn't say that DS was right, I said that's what his statement sounded like. DS thought he had DD beaten also and was proven wrong about it.

And in a later interview the writer said that he could see Supes resisting the OE just as DD did so unless Supes evolves after death just as DD does, it's pretty clear what he meant to be depicted.
Neither Superman Nor Doomsday have ever resisted the Omega Effect. So the writer's statement is shit. And since DS kills many beings across the cosmos and then ressurects some, you would think he would know when something is dead.

quanchi112
Neither Superman Nor Doomsday have ever resisted the Omega Effect. So the writer's statement is shit. And since DS kills many beings across the cosmos and then ressurects some, you would think he would know when something is dead. Wrong again. You should read more Darkseid.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/NewGods10-06.jpg

Ambient
But Quan.. its not the real Darkseid but an AVATAR.. shifty

I think you just WTF owned someone...lol

fangirl101
Wrong again. You should read more Darkseid.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/NewGods10-06.jpg
I think you should read what I wrote. you pwned yourself.

fangirl101

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ambient
But Quan.. its not the real Darkseid but an AVATAR.. shifty

I think you just WTF owned someone...lol
I think you should read what I wrote as well. Reading is fundamental to these debates.

Ambient
Neither Superman Nor Doomsday have ever resisted the Omega Effect. So the writer's statement is shit.

darthgoober
Neither Superman Nor Doomsday have ever resisted the Omega Effect. So the writer's statement is shit. And since DS kills many beings across the cosmos and then ressurects some, you would think he would know when something is dead.
OB, OE, whatever. We're arguing over how we should interpret what was depicted on panel because it wasn't expressed clearly, thus the writers intent is perfectly valid evidence because he's the only one who actually knows what he MEANT to be depicted. You and I can give our opinions on what happened all day, but he's the only one who can say for sure without speculation because he wrote the damn story.

fangirl101
OB, OE, whatever. We're arguing over how we should interpret what was depicted on panel because it wasn't expressed clearly, thus the writers intent is perfectly valid evidence because he's the only one who actually knows what he MEANT to be depicted. You and I can give our opinions on what happened all day, but he's the only one who can say for sure without speculation because he wrote the damn story.
The Omega Effect isn't a concussive force blast. At that point no one had resisted the Omega Beams either. But surely the Omega Effect is a pure abstractual power. It's how he wipes people out, revives people from dead, sends people thru time, deages, etc.

fangirl101

OMEGA EFFECT.

Board Walker
OE is an entirely different power, it linked to the source.

quanchi112
I think you should read what I wrote. you pwned yourself. He resisted the omega beams. Superman said because no one has tried before. The same omega beams oneshotted Cyborg but not Superman. Food for thought.

quanchi112
The Omega Effect isn't a concussive force blast. At that point no one had resisted the Omega Beams either. But surely the Omega Effect is a pure abstractual power. It's how he wipes people out, revives people from dead, sends people thru time, deages, etc. Some writers interpret them as omega beams while others call it the omega effect. The point is Superman resisted it.

fangirl101
He resisted the omega beams. Superman said because no one has tried before. The same omega beams oneshotted Cyborg but not Superman. Food for thought.
No. DS used the Omega effect on Henshaw. It's how he captured his soul. The Omega Beams are nothing more than Concussive Force.

quanchi112
No. DS used the Omega effect on Henshaw. It's how he captured his soul. The Omega Beams are nothing more than Concussive Force. It said omega beams when he shot them. Should I post the scan? laughing out loud

fangirl101
It said omega beams when he shot them. Should I post the scan? laughing out loud Yes. He used the OB's to destroy the machine that was pwning Superman. But how do you supposed he captured henshaw's soul? And it doesn't matter, The OB's are concussive Force. The Omega Effect is something different.

quanchi112
Yes. He used the OB's to destroy the machine that was pwning Superman. But how do you supposed he captured henshaw's soul? And it doesn't matter, The OB's are concussive Force. The Omega Effect is something different. It is stated in the comic that he used his omega beams. In the comic it mentions nothing about the omega effect. Its the same thing. Different writers call it the omega beams while others say omega effect.

Enyalus
Yes. He used the OB's to destroy the machine that was pwning Superman. But how do you supposed he captured henshaw's soul? And it doesn't matter, The OB's are concussive Force. The Omega Effect is something different.

I'm going to have to side with Fangirl on this point. Thus giving her the automatic win at this point in the debate with my godlike backing.

smile

quanchi112
I'm going to have to side with Fangirl on this point. Thus giving her the automatic win at this point in the debate with my godlike backing.

smile Did you read hunter and prey?

Nihilist
surfer ftw
IM was being rocked by superman untill he encased his solidified light

Bentley
Keep on topic.

Enyalus
Did you read hunter and prey?

Yessir.

quanchi112
Yessir. How can you say he used the omega effect then when he clearly said Omega beams? Unless they are the same thing.

Enyalus
How can you say he used the omega effect then when he clearly said Omega beams? Unless they are the same thing.

Ah, you're arguing that DD was hit with the OB in Hunter/Prey, and Fangirl is saying it was the OE?

quanchi112
Ah, you're arguing that DD was hit with the OB in Hunter/Prey, and Fangirl is saying it was the OE? Yes,Im saying that some writers call it the omega effect while others refer to it as the omega beams. Same thing imo.

Enyalus
Yes,Im saying that some writers call it the omega effect while others refer to it as the omega beams. Same thing imo.

I think its very apparent that DD is struck with the OB in H/P. But I agree with Fangirl that the OB and the OE are separate things. Also, in that scan Darkseid said no one had ever resisted his Omega Beams. He doesn't say no one had ever not been killed by it. Not even H/P DD resists the beams, as they put him on his ass and may have killed him.

The Great Galen
He did kill him, it even confirms it in the back of the comic.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
He did kill him, it even confirms it in the back of the comic.

In the back of Hunter/Prey or the back of Countdown?

The Great Galen
countdown I think it was, I posted the scan a long time ago since Quan refused to believe he was killed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
countdown I think it was, I posted the scan a long time ago since Quan refused to believe he was killed.

Right. I remember what you're talking about (I read it). It never explicitly says Darkseid killed him. It said he came back from death multiple times. And then it lists the arcs in which he was featured.

Speculation either way. Nevertheless, to be politically correct, I said 'probably' killed him.

Ambient
OMEGA EFFECT.
OE = OB, they are one and the same however the application of it can be of different ways like say concussive force blast, space time/reality, matter manipulation and etc..

If you look at the scan carefully notice that if it was concussive force it would have either bounce or thrown off Supes not sourround him. I think it was more like a matter or teleportation attack which Supes at that moment resisted.. Just my 2cents..

fangirl101
OE = OB, they are one and the same however the application of it can be of different ways like say concussive force blast, space time/reality, matter manipulation and etc..

If you look at the scan carefully notice that if it was concussive force it would have either bounce or thrown off Supes not sourround him. I think it was more like a matter or teleportation attack which Supes at that moment resisted.. Just my 2cents..
It wasn't. And they are not one and the same. If they were, then They would have the same name. DS was trying to push Superman back into the boomtube. Which would suggest force.

darthgoober
No. DS used the Omega effect on Henshaw. It's how he captured his soul. The Omega Beams are nothing more than Concussive Force.
No, the concussive force blast is called the... Omega FORCE(at least from what I understand via DC fans). It's what Firestorm redirected at him. Do you have any proof beyond conjecture that the OB is strictly concussive force?

quanchi112
I think its very apparent that DD is struck with the OB in H/P. But I agree with Fangirl that the OB and the OE are separate things. Also, in that scan Darkseid said no one had ever resisted his Omega Beams. He doesn't say no one had ever not been killed by it. Not even H/P DD resists the beams, as they put him on his ass and may have killed him. Where is the proof that they are separate things? Originally posted by The Great Galen
He did kill him, it even confirms it in the back of the comic. The scan has already been put up and I disagree with your interpretation.

cloud102
Infinity Man ftw.

fangirl101
No, the concussive force blast is called the... Omega FORCE(at least from what I understand via DC fans). It's what Firestorm redirected at him. Do you have any proof beyond conjecture that the OB is strictly concussive force?
The Omega Force is the destructive Totality of his Blast in hand form. He used something akin to it in the Firestorm Book.

quanchi112
The Omega Force is the destructive Totality of his Blast in hand form. He used something akin to it in the Firestorm Book. Where are you getting your info from?

fangirl101
Where is the proof that they are separate things? The scan has already been put up and I disagree with your interpretation.
The proof is in the character's history. The Omega Effect is some kind of wipe out, teleporting, time traveling, time nanipulation, life giving, depowering, amping thing.

The Omega Beams are some kind of concussive force, with Heat in it as well, thing.

quanchi112
The proof is in the character's history. The Omega Effect is some kind of wipe out, teleporting, time traveling, time nanipulation, life giving, depowering, amping thing.

The Omega Beams are some kind of concussive force, with Heat in it as well, thing. Again,where are you getting your info from?

darthgoober
The Omega Force is the destructive Totality of his Blast in hand form. He used something akin to it in the Firestorm Book.
Proof beyond your own personal theories?

fangirl101
Proof beyond your own personal theories?
The respect thread.

darthgoober
The respect thread.
Not a canon source. Scans or issue numbers please.

quanchi112
The respect thread. Where in the respect thread? A link please.

fangirl101
Not a canon source. Scans or issue numbers please.
what do you mean not a canon source?

here DS uses his hands to pwn Orion
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/adv459_46_ng.jpg

here he uses his hand to pwn orion and mr. Miracle
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/RacerX-Firestorm35-p21.jpg

Uses his hands again to pwn a human
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ng_15_p15.jpg

uses his hands which he calls the omega force
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/jla185-07.jpg

uses his hands to summon a boomtube and push back the outsiders thru it

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Outsiders22-22.jpg

His hands are the Omega Force. Period.

Omega Beams push superman back
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ActionComics780pg03.jpg

Omega Beams punish desaad but not meant to kill
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/New_Gods_v1_11_08.jpg

Omega Effect Releases Cyborg's Soul
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-21.jpg

Omega Effect Sends Slobo into the future and depowers Secret
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/YJ-055-19.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/YJ-055-20.jpg

Omega effect brings back lashina
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Mister_Miraclev2_017Imbie07.jpg

Omega effect tping and holding Supers and IM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p16.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p17.jpg

There is a clear difference in the names of DS powers.
Unless the writer makes a mistake, it looks as if the Omega beams are mostly str8 lines while the more fancy lines do the exotic things.

quanchi112
Ok,so how does that prove the omega effect is different from the omega force beams?

He clearly oneshotted Cyborg with his omega beams. He didnt use his hands either. Its clear writers define them as the same imo and simply refer to them as omega beams sometimes and the omega effect other times.

darthgoober
what do you mean not a canon source?

I mean that respect threads aren't recognized by the companies so they don't qualify as a canon source unto themselves. Basically I meant you can't just say things like "It's in the respect thread somewhere, go find it yourself". Post all the scans FROM the respect threads that you want(because they ARE a canon source), but don't expect me go look through a respect thread for evidence that I may not agree with or even believe exist in the first place.

here DS uses his hands to pwn Orion
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/adv459_46_ng.jpg

here he uses his hand to pwn orion and mr. Miracle
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/RacerX-Firestorm35-p21.jpg

Uses his hands again to pwn a human
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ng_15_p15.jpg

uses his hands which he calls the omega force
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/jla185-07.jpg

uses his hands to summon a boomtube and push back the outsiders thru it

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Outsiders22-22.jpg

His hands are the Omega Force. Period.

Omega Beams push superman back
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ActionComics780pg03.jpg

Omega Beams punish desaad but not meant to kill

Omega Effect Releases Cyborg's Soul
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-21.jpg

Omega Effect Sends Slobo into the future and depowers Secret
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/YJ-055-19.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/YJ-055-20.jpg

Omega effect brings back lashina
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Mister_Miraclev2_017Imbie07.jpg

Omega effect tping and holding Supers and IM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p16.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p17.jpg

There is a clear difference in the names of DS powers.

Nice bit of conjecture to formulate an entirely believably theory, but where has the distinction between the various effects ever actually been stated on panel? I could formulate a thousand reasonable theories on the various uses of the Power Cosmic but I can guarantee that no DC fan would accept them without positive on panel confirmation.

Are you of the opinion that Surfer can amp his strength to nearly unlimited degree(which has actually been stated on panel and in bio's and I can cook up a conjectured case to support), or do you insist that Supes strength is superior to the levels in which Surfer can amp to because you haven't seen Surfer positively hit that level in a comic?

fangirl101
I mean that respect threads aren't recognized by the companies so they don't qualify as a canon source unto themselves. Basically I meant you can't just say things like "It's in the respect thread somewhere, go find it yourself". Post all the scans FROM the respect threads that you want(because they ARE a canon source), but don't expect me go look through a respect thread for evidence that I may not agree with or even believe exist in the first place.

Nice bit of conjecture to formulate an entirely believably theory, but where has the distinction between the various effects ever actually been stated on panel? I could formulate a thousand reasonable theories on the various uses of the Power Cosmic but I can guarantee that no DC fan would accept them without positive on panel confirmation.

Are you of the opinion that Surfer can amp his strength to nearly unlimited degree(which has actually been stated on panel and in bio's and I can cook up a conjectured case to support), or do you insist that Supes strength is superior to the levels in which Surfer can amp to because you haven't seen Surfer positively hit that level in a comic?
DS pretty much says Omega Beams and Omega force and Omega Effect at different parts of his history. So that is where I get what I learned. And The surfer doesn't control infinite PC so that is why I can't say for sure he can amp infinitely.

darthgoober
DS pretty much says Omega Beams and Omega force and Omega Effect at different parts of his history. So that is where I get what I learned.

But his statements have never actually confirmed your theory? It's still your explanation not his, correct?

And The surfer doesn't control infinite PC so that is why I can't say for sure he can amp infinitely.
I didn't say infinite, I said nearly so. Supes doesn't have infinite strength either. so infinite PC isn't necessary to match/exceed his strength.

Ambient
DS pretty much says Omega Beams and Omega force and Omega Effect at different parts of his history. So that is where I get what I learned. And The surfer doesn't control infinite PC so that is why I can't say for sure he can amp infinitely.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/New_Gods_v1_11_19.jpg
Tell me what effect did the omega beam do in the scan above?

Pretty much what you describe in the quote below..

It makes no sense...

The Omega Beams are some kind of concussive force, with Heat in it as well, thing.
So what then is an Omega blast? Concussive force???

Here's what my understanding of it...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/jkfw-04-20.jpg
Omega force is the power source itself..

(The effect was to erase Desaad from existence but what carried it is the beam)
The omega beam is the energy beam that carries the effect; be it concussive, teleportational, or matter manipulation, etc, etc..

Just my 2 cents on tehh Omega thingy..lol

fangirl101
But his statements have never actually confirmed your theory? It's still your explanation not his, correct?

I didn't say infinite, I said nearly so. Supes doesn't have infinite strength either. so infinite PC isn't necessary to match/exceed his strength. I used omega beams, omega effect, and omega force directly from DS's own mouth.

darthgoober
I used omega beams, omega effect, and omega force directly from DS's own mouth.
Yes but you didn't use an instance were DS actually explanes the difference.

And if you look at Roldz latest post, you'll see that they're sometimes used interchangeably. Such as when the "Omega Beams" were used against Desaad and erased him.

tsscls
IM

fangirl101
Yes but you didn't use an instance were DS actually explanes the difference.

And if you look at Roldz latest post, you'll see that they're sometimes used interchangeably. Such as when the "Omega Beams" were used against Desaad and erased him.
Wrong. He didn't erase desaad. His body was still there.

darthgoober
Wrong. He didn't erase desaad. His body was still there.
Guess it's possible since I don't know whether or not Desaad was still there in the next panel. But did you happen to catch the description of what the "Omega Beams" do?

fangirl101
Guess it's possible since I don't know whether or not Desaad was still there in the next panel. But did you happen to catch the description of what the "Omega Beams" do?
did you catch what DS says. He says the Omega effect at first. So maby his intent was to destroy and then he changed his mind. and if there are different effects to the beams, that would mean, we have no way of knowing what kind of effect ds uses when we just see beams.

darthgoober
did you catch what DS says. He says the Omega effect at first. So maby his intent was to destroy and then he changed his mind. and if there are different effects to the beams, that would mean, we have no way of knowing what kind of effect ds uses when we just see beams.
The description wasn't given for the OE, it was specifically given fror the Omega beams. Hey, maybe it's proof that there's no difference between the two...

fangirl101
The description wasn't given for the OE, it was specifically given fror the Omega beams. Hey, maybe it's proof that there's no difference between the two... In all the years he describes the OE, There is an EFFECT. He usually just shoots out the beams and there is force. There is a distinction and there are different effects. That would be like saying every beam that comes out of the surfer's hands is the same when we know that isn't true.

darthgoober
In all the years he describes the OE, There is an EFFECT. He usually just shoots out the beams and there is force. There is a distinction and there are different effects. That would be like saying every beam that comes out of the surfer's hands is the same when we know that isn't true.
"Where the Omega BEAMS strike, there's no life--no death--no sign of previous existence! Desaad doesn't even have time to scream!!"

fangirl101
"Where the Omega BEAMS strike, there's no life--no death--no sign of previous existence! Desaad doesn't even have time to scream!!"
But he just stops moving. He's used the beams to kill.

darthgoober
But he just stops moving. He's used the beams to kill.
THIS is the next page...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7525/newgods1126mo3.th.jpghttp://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

...and as you can clearly see Desaad's body isn't lying there, it's gone.

fangirl101
THIS is the next page...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7525/newgods1126mo3.th.jpghttp://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

...and as you can clearly see Desaad's body isn't lying there, it's gone. Your right. That is the only scan that I've seen like that where he comments on the effect and the beams. But I didn't see the omega effect itself. It does have a distinctive look.

darthgoober
Your right. That is the only scan that I've seen like that where he comments on the effect and the beams. But I didn't see the omega effect itself. It does have a distinctive look.
I don't trust a "look" like that. I'm always hearing a bout a look, or finder beams, or some other reason why DS didn't really use the OE despite it being mentioned, but did you ever stop to think that maybe the look of the visual depiction of the OE isn't portrayed as consistently as you like to think and maybe that's the reason it gets called into question so much? Your case would be ok if there weren't evidence to the contrary but there is and it's very specific.

fangirl101
I don't trust a "look" like that. I'm always hearing a bout a look, or finder beams, or some other reason why DS didn't really use the OE despite it being mentioned, but did you ever stop to think that maybe the look of the visual depiction of the OE isn't portrayed as consistently as you like to think and maybe that's the reason it gets called into question so much? Your case would be ok if there weren't evidence to the contrary but there is and it's very specific.
I tell you what, Find one instance where he mentions the actual effect, AND the look, and it fails. I bet you, you won't.

tsscls

^
Agreed.
I always assumed that DS decided what effect the OB's had on his opponent, (i.e. obliteration, transportation, transmutation, etc.) I think anything else is just arguing semantics.

Allankles
Again,where are you getting your info from?

The OE is another name for the Omega Force, the actual accumulation of DS' power over oblivion, the actual power that he controls. The beams are mostly just the manifestation of this power, but the OE is extremely versatile so he can make the beams achieve different things.

In the instance with Supes, they are just concussive/basic energy type beams. Their energy output is quite different when he reality manips, erases peopLe from existence, resurrect people etc.

So you are right in saying his beams are just his beams, but fangirl is talking about the different abilities he has through these beams, and DS was just hurting Supes, he wasn't trying to kill him or erase him from existence.

So though he may have used his OB's it doesn't mean he was using the OE to full effect through the beams.

EDIT: Remember DS energy output isn't restricted to the beams alone. He can project energy through his hands, or through his mind without any obvious energy display. The OB's are just a means to direct the power of the OF/OE.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
The OE is another name for the Omega Force, the actual accumulation of DS' power over oblivion, the actual power that he controls. The beams are mostly just the manifestation of this power, but the OE is extremely versatile so he can make the beams achieve different things.

In the instance with Supes, they are just concussive/basic energy type beams. Their energy output is quite different when he reality manips, erases peopLe from existence, resurrect people etc.

So you are right in saying his beams are just his beams, but fangirl is talking about the different abilities he has through these beams, and DS was just hurting Supes, he wasn't trying to kill him or erase him from existence.

So though he may have used his OB's it doesn't mean he was using the OE to full effect through the beams. There is no difference. He used the full power of the omega beams on Cyborg before.

He erased Cyborg with the beams so I fail to see your point.

Ambient
I tell you what, Find one instance where he mentions the actual effect, AND the look, and it fails. I bet you, you won't.
Sorry but i fail to understand what you meant...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-17.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-18.jpg
Let me try anyway, in the scan above he mentions the omega beams then used it, but instead of concussive force its got a teleportation effect..

Anyway here's another scan of what the application of OB..
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/martianmanhunter34kebbin22.jpg
In this scan Lighray say's somethin about DS omega beam. It being able to teleport through space and time and as well as obliterate..

So either OB/OE is one and the same or OB is like what Allankles say a manifestation of OF which carry the effect (OE)..

Allankles
There is no difference. He used the full power of the omega beams on Cyborg before.

What do you fail to see? The OE/OF is the power DS wields. The beams are just the actual physical manifestation of the this power and he can achieve different things with the beams like transporting people through space or even time, resurrection, erasing people from existence warping reality etc.

In the instance with Supes, Kal El was an unwitting ally at the time and DS wasn't going to attempt to kill Supes on New Genesis, he was merely stopping Supes from attacking him.

The beams don't just do one thing they achieve different effects depending on what Darkseid wants to use the OE for. He doesn't even have to use the beams for some of his abilities he can project energy through other means too.

tsscls
There is no difference. He used the full power of the omega beams on Cyborg before.

What did DS ever do to you?

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfgnBEZsj4

OE=OB=BH Happy Dance

fangirl101
Sorry but i fail to understand what you meant...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-17.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanv2104-18.jpg
Let me try anyway, in the scan above he mentions the omega beams then used it, but instead of concussive force its got a teleportation effect..

Anyway here's another scan of what the application of OB..
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/martianmanhunter34kebbin22.jpg
In this scan Lighray say's somethin about DS omega beam. It being able to teleport through space and time and as well as obliterate..

So either OB/OE is one and the same or OB is like what Allankles say a manifestation of OF which carry the effect (OE)..

Unless I'm mistaken, He announces the more exotic and potent effects. Anything else is concussive force. So the Actual Omega Effect, which is usually the total wipeout is announced. How ever it works, we know that the powers do different effects and at different levels. And he's like a cat playing with his food, he never goes str8 for the kill. So we never know what intensity he's firing what.

Ambient
Originally posted by Allankles
What do you fail to see? The OE/OF is the power DS wields. The beams are just the actual physical manifestation of the this power and he can achieve different things with the beams like transporting people through space or even time, resurrection, erasing people from existence warping reality etc.
disagree with that..

Omega Force ( OF )

is the power that flows through DS..

\/

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/jkfw-04-20.jpg

Omega beam ( OB ) is the omega energies ( manifestation of OF )

Omega effect ( OE ) would be the result of what he wants OF to do... ie.... teleport, blast, resurrect.. etc.. etc...

I retract what i said in my earlier post.. OF/OB is one and the same, the power.. lol i feel like a freakin geek..lol
Unless I'm mistaken, He announces the more exotic and potent effects. Anything else is concussive force. So the Actual Omega Effect, which is usually the total wipeout is announced. How ever it works, we know that the powers do different effects and at different levels. And he's like a cat playing with his food, he never goes str8 for the kill. So we never know what intensity he's firing what.
all the same..

i was mainly arguing the fact that OB is merely a concussive force blast, OF is handblast and EF is the more exotic aspect of DS powers, that is what fangirl is implying..

Anyhow later..

Mindset
geek

Stoic
Good thread
thumb up

Ambient
Yeah, at times he does even concussive force..
Originally posted by Mindset
geek
But cool ....

thumb up

Totally way of topic dough..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.