Constructed Historical Events?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Leg Kick
Bush had that "Mission Accomplished" speech, for the nations interest, even though the war was still taking place.

Had me thinking, have their been other 'constructed historical events' for the nations interest?

Did Regans speech at Berlin Wall play as a factor for the nations interest?

Do you guyz know any others significant events?

Vinny Valentine
Conspiracy Forum?

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Conspiracy Forum? Not at all.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Conspiracy Forum?

No, he's talking about "spin" on a grand scale.

I'd be surprised if any nation hasn't had a politician twist the truth to make things look different. War would probably be the best place to look, Hitler jumps to mind, and I'm certain Churchill did it as well.

Red Nemesis
Abe Lincoln only freed the slaves in the Confederacy (I think), that's probably spin- We freed our slaves!

Only we don't have jurisdiction over the slaves we freed, and still have some left over...

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No, he's talking about "spin" on a grand scale.

I'd be surprised if any nation hasn't had a politician twist the truth to make things look different. War would probably be the best place to look, Hitler jumps to mind, and I'm certain Churchill did it as well. When did Churchill take a "spin"?

Dr. Leg Kick
does the 1936 Olympics work for this?

chithappens
http://www.keatingeconomics.com/

ragesRemorse
Isn't every political speech calculated and formulated to achieve a specific reaction?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
When did Churchill take a "spin"?

"We shall fight on the beaches . . ." comes to mind. He turned a complete devastation of British military power by the Germans into an positive without people really noticing at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.