Star Wars - Plot ideas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedireaper
Hey all. I'm looking for plot ideas, just ideas that people can use, provided they acknowledge you. Think of it as someone making use of a great idea which you created and you will get to see the fruitation of the authors work.

Heres one:

One year before the start of the Clone Wars.

A Jedi is murdered. Who is the killer? Why was he killed? Perhaps for this ideas sake, he was tracking down a slave ring in the Republic. It is being run by the Hutts and your only clue is the Bouny Hunter that killed him.

You begin to find out what the dead Jedi had known, as you unravel what the Bounty Hunter had told you, for the right price of course. You soon discover that the Hutt's are involved after you follow the trail to Nar Shadda, but it doesn't end there. The Hutts were only the fronters, you discover that the trail leads back to the heart of the Republic, where lets say the Jedi was killed. You soon discover that there is a senator say from the Trade Federation, which at this time was represented in the senate, that was running the thing by wiring credits to the Hutts.

As you gather evidance to arrest him, something comes to light. The senator had been killed. Why? It leads deeper into the Republic to its head Chancellor Palpatine.

You arrange a meeting with Palpatine, and discover he is a Sith lord. You fight in his office say. And unfortunly you die. A cracking story huh... I doubt it. Bad plot.

Gideon
I doubt that some mere Jedi would have the skill and intellect required to trace anything back to Palpatine.

Jedireaper
It doesn't even need to be one person, it could be two, three, doesn't even need to be Jedi, its an idea, take it how you will, but that is going to be one of my future projects....

Captain REX
Palpatine was very careful to cover up anything that could have led back to him.

truejedi
in LOE, didn't a team actually track sidious to his quarters based on his meeting with Dooku though? (and then he killed them)

Jedireaper
It was an idea that can be tweaked and turned, spun and completely rehashed. Noting is set in the world of fiction. If it was we would read the same story over and over again. I will take that under consideration but honestly I wouldn't have the chracter even reach Palps. Maybe an underling. Who knows, perhaps the Jedi doesn't die but merely finds himself back where he started as all leads ended with the senator who was killed. Then you would go back, read through the story and alter what is nessesary to find a suitable ending.

Perhaps Palpatine does get involved by assuring the Jedi that they/he/she had done the right thing in coming to him. He strings them along with truthful lies, and easily places the blame on someone working for Darth Sideous, with Plaps blaming him, yet they do not know he is him.

Jedireaper
LOE? and what is PIS?

Gideon
Through sheer luck, a great deal of resources, many weeks, and Jedi lending a hand.

Originally posted by Jedireaper
LOE?

Labyrinth of Evil.

no expression

Jedireaper
Ahh Labyrinth of Evil... 'fraid I skipped that book. And PIS is used a lot in the Imperial Navy thread, what does it mean? I looked but can't figure.

It took me ten minutes to come up with that plot, and another hour to put it to paper Gid' so don't blame me. It was the best I came up with in a while. Btw I love your sig...

Anyone got plot bunnies they want to put into this thread? It'd be nice.

Elite Hunter
PIS=Plot Induced Stupidity

Gideon
Don't concern yourself with PIS. To moderators, it doesn't apply, and to people? Well, I just wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to explain it to a, presumably, intelligent individual and got nowhere.

So just don't worry about it.

Jedireaper
Plot induced stupidity: Like Stormtrooper missing every shot, and any character such as Han is a crack shot? Even Leia can hit two troopers at close range when a scout trooper couldn't even shoot Han. Or when the Rebel fleet survive a Death Star and close to fifty Star Destroyers? See I understand it. lol

Gideon
Originally posted by Jedireaper
Plot induced stupidity: Like Stormtrooper missing every shot, and any character such as Han is a crack shot? Even Leia can hit two troopers at close range when a scout trooper couldn't even shoot Han. Or when the Rebel fleet survive a Death Star and close to fifty Star Destroyers? See I understand it. lol

You're officially my hero. Well done, sir! big grin

Elite Hunter
Or how Darth Maul was killed by a padawan despite being far more skilled in every way. But Obiwan couldn't die in the PT because he was alive in the OT.

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Or how Darth Maul was killed by a padawan despite being far more skilled in every way. But Obiwan couldn't die in the PT because he was alive in the OT.

Seems that everyone minus a very select few comprehends.

Jedireaper
Haa! Honestly, even with the Death Star gone the remaing Imperial ships over Endor could have wiped the floor with 'em and still have enough ships to anybody else stupid enough to contend with them. The Empire, or how they are partially depicted in TESB, rules. Most of my fics heavily involve Imps.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
Seems that everyone minus a very select few comprehends.

Yup I thought you did explain the Caedus-Luke situation pretty well,especially in this sentence.(with my own add input added in)

Jedireaper
Nice...

Jedireaper
Maybe you should make PIS a seperate thread on its own. lol.

Soo, plot bunnies people?

Captain REX
Oh, please do not talk about PIS in every thread, okay?

And yes, a guy figured out that Sidious was Palpatine, but just before dying. It was also right before Episode III.

Jovan
there's also a comic book (forgot which one) where a jedi and his padawan tracked the missing sith to "the senate and its surroundings" or something. They got around to organise a midichlorian count but got killed before the first one (Palpatine) could get tested....

Jedireaper
OMG this is not the 'how close did they get Palpatine' thread.

truejedi
I'd like to see a trilogy on the life of Yoda. His greatest accomplishements are merely alluded to. It is talked about how he "knew the dark side" in DR, and of all the jedi, he is the only one we see handle lightning with his hands,
That back story would be, IMO amazing, how did Yoda fall the dark side? and what brought him back? He also is alluded to having fought sith, right? or at least wars? (not sure if i'm remembering something i read from ss.com a LONG time ago or if it was on wookipedia), anyone?

Jedireaper
It would take a while to write that... this thread can also be used to discuss the plot of the SW EU novels and comics but I'm hoping someone will post an original or at least a creative plot 9idea other tthan mine for a short novel.

truejedi
You could write something about missions that Yoda went on during his exile. We don't have to assume he spent the entire time on Dagobah. Perhaps he fought off an assassination attempt?

Red Nemesis
Or something from a citizen's perspective- Chronicling the Rise of the Empire and the destruction of the Senate. (Or something along those lines.)

Faunus
That'd be interesting.

Not.

Gideon
I love Coruscant Nights. Getting away from the galactic scale and still making Vader a badass.

Faunus
What doesn't make Vader badass?

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
What doesn't make Vader badass?

TFU. Getting smacked around by his pawn and having his father-figure come clean up the mess.

Lightsnake
What I'd like? More on Ruin, his rise to power, downfall, Belia Darzu, the Dark Underlord...the Sith Wars before Kaan's rise, between that and Ruin's recreation of the Sith Empire.

Also, books expanding on the Great Hyperspace War and Great Sith War...more with a lot of unexplored characters deserving of it like Nomi and Vima Sunrider, and preferably more on the Ancient Sith Empire pre-Ragnos.

And give us back the damn Plagueis/Palpatine novel.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
TFU. Getting smacked around by his pawn and having his father-figure come clean up the mess. Yeah, but he kills Wookies and shit...

Darth Exodus
This post ^ is awesome.

That. All the way.

Jedireaper
You could write something about missions that Yoda went on during his exile. We don't have to assume he spent the entire time on Dagobah. Perhaps he fought off an assassination attempt?

This in a rather interesting topic, one I have previously looked into but never got around to hammering out a plot. And an entire novel based around the little green dude speaking Yodaese might be a little irksome. The first The Clone Wars episode on cartoon Network was about Yoda, and what struck me about halfways through was that none of the Clones could understand a single word Yoddah was speaking.

Definately something I will put more thought into over time.

Or something from a citizen's perspective- Chronicling the Rise of the Empire and the destruction of the Senate. (Or something along those lines.)

Now this a rather interesting concept, but you would find that the life of an everyday citizen would get rather boring unless he is a Jedi (Coruscant Nights) or a Rebel, but the Emperor would hardly care for one citizen. So I dunnah, wah you think Master Gideon?

You may also run out of source material rather quickly.

I wrote a short story for my Leaving Certificate english exam, and it was based around two Jedi fighting on the rooftops of Courscant. The reason being is that one of them had killed a padawan on a training mission to a hostile planet, seemingly, where as it was only a test, there were two characters that thought they were in danger and took matters into their own hands. Unfortunately things didn't go well and now he waas being chased, by his former master. It all boiled down to a fight whichj the Jedi won, and it ends with the Knights vision fading... The End. Not quite, there was an epilogue that played out with The Jedi Master sitting in the waiting room of a Courscanti medical clinic, when Yoda comes out of the ward. It was quite a 'sweeet' story and I wrote it exceptionally well. It played out perfectly, considering the entire story was an idea that I'd tried on neumerous occasions before but never got the story right so it was easy enough to put in the effort finally.

Perhanps someday I'll try and re-write the story, but I don't remember the characters names or anything else.... too bad really. sad

What I'd like? More on Ruin, his rise to power, downfall, Belia Darzu, the Dark Underlord...the Sith Wars before Kaan's rise, between that and Ruin's recreation of the Sith Empire.

Also, books expanding on the Great Hyperspace War and Great Sith War...more with a lot of unexplored characters deserving of it like Nomi and Vima Sunrider, and preferably more on the Ancient Sith Empire pre-Ragnos.

And give us back the damn Plagueis/Palpatine novel.

The third idea I'm afraid I'm a little more than skeptable about, due to mostly the fact that I don't know anything, at all, about that era... I'm an OT fan and my fav is the X-Wing books by Aaron Allston, and Zahns work too... most of my stories usually contain Imp's of somekind, the only one not to do so, was the one I mentioned above in my Leaving Cert... smile Again all good.

Jedireaper
bump

AlexTheShooter
Hey guys I'm new to this site and forum and I wanted to share my idea for a possible Star Wars video game. So please tell me what u think and don't be too critical,thanks.

Ok this is an rpg game taking place sometime before the movies but idk when. ( probably about 50 years after the events of swtor)
It starts with you customizing character and you can customize pretty much everything face body type clothes all that. There will b a huge selection for all of these just to give a good sense of RPing.

After customizing u start off as a young child in training. There u will pick 4 things to train for A long range weapon IE sniper, rocket launcher, whatever. Then a mid range weapon blaster rifle, blaster pistol or a heavy blaster. A melee weapon a vinbrosword double bladed sword Cortosis knife, even light saber but probably need to unlock that ability somehow from a previous story mode play ( like an achievement ) then a specialty like demolitions so you get a wrist grenade launcher or engineering so u can build mobile auto turrets ( they won't be overpowered) or a wrist hidden blade like from Assassins creed ( I know Im Stealing it but its so cool.) u will also learn hand to hand no weapon combat but u don't chooses anything for that

Then after that there will be a cutscenes of u talking to an older man he congratulates u on ur progress saying ur the best student in hundreds of years. U say u can't wait to be a famous assassin ( yes assassin I know it has nothing to do with assassins creed and I only stole the hidden blade becaus it is boss.) he then tells u only bad assassins are famous. He explains that u must have the skill of a bounty hungry without the armor and the charm of an agent but without the resources. That u will not be remembered u will not be known but u will b one of the most important people in galactic history. Just then the wall next to him explodes and u black out. U wake up being dragged in handcuffs. U were sold as a hutt slave and now at the ripe age of 13 ( u started as 8) it fast forwards u to being in an arena death match against a captured mandolorian. See one night soon after u were first captured u managed to kill 17 guards with ur high talents. The hutts were impressed and you've been fighting in the arena ever since. U haven't tried an escape attempt since, you've barely spoke, ur waiting for ur chance. Then after u defeat him it shows a cutscene of u standing victorious the crowd cheering and in the owners box a hutt talking to 2 jedi a master and Padawan. The Padawan whispers he's not comfortable with salvery( he is about 16) the master agrees but says the senat believes this hutts resources invaluable so they must deal with it. He looks at u a kid younger than him forced to fight for his life and is disturbed. Then it flashes forward to that night. He sees u in a cage and decides to try and break u out. As he approaches and gets close to the cage u ouch him and knock him out. U call for the guards saying something is wrong with him. One guard approaches and u use some kind of wire to strangle the guard when he gets close to the cage. The jedi wakes up to his master splashing with water several hours later. He asks what he did and is very angry saying that his stunt cost them the hutts alliance. They make a hasty retreat from the hutts palace get in their ship and leave. As they are taking off the Padawan sees u fleeing and fighting a kraut dragon. He convinces his master u stop and pick u up against the ,asters wishes they do. He welcomes u to the ship introduces himself and says they r going to courascant. The Padawan is curious about ur past he asks of it in the dorms while u travel and after enough prodding u tell him. He apologizes for ur past and asks who attacked the compound u say u don't know but intend to find out. Then u arrive at courascant and the master says u can stay at the temple if the council approves the Padawan asks if it is possible for u to be trained in the force since u r such a good fighter but the master is sure U can't be. U meet with the council they grant u a home there and leave the matter of training to be discussed.later. That night the Padawan comes to check up on u and finds that you've escaped. Fast forward 5 years u r in a chase trying to catch and kill this man in the lower levels of courascant. U catch and kill him, he was a gang boss a jedi pops up out of nowhere and attacks u. U defeat him and as u r about to deliver the final blow u both begin to laugh. It is the Padawan who has grown to be a soon to be knight and the most promising Padawan in the order. U have kept in contact these years and even sparred for training regularly. He asks how his job went. U point to the dead body and says how does it look. He sighs and asks y u waste urself on these petty contracts. U get in an argument saying u only kill those who deserve it and argue how else r u to make ur living and he says u could be a jedi and u say I don't want to be a jedi. U both r silent ( little does the Padawan know that after ur meeting with the council they were very disturbed that they couldn't feel ur force presence or get a fix on what u were thinking.) then u say it doesn't matter with this last contract you'll finally have enough to buy a shuttle ticket off courascant. He reveals he is going on his fist solo mission and he will be leaving too. U bid goodbye. Then u go to shuttle and fall asleep on it u wake up with a blaster in ur face and 3 men in ur room they tell u to get up u knock the blaster out of his hand and kill the men. Then u hear someone coming. U hide a man walks in and sees the dead body and pulls out a lightsaber. U attack him neutralize him and realize it is the Padawan u apologize and ask him what he is doing here he says he saw ur name on the passenger manifest and came to say hello he asks who the ,en were and u say u don't know probably just common thugs. He then says ur going back to tattooing u say no u get on another shuttle ther to go to nar shaddaa to try and see if u can dig up any information on who attacked ur clan. He asks if u will help him on his mission it is actually to convince the hutt who once owned u to shut down his criminal empire. U refuse. He gets off the shuttle on tatooine and u at he last second decide to help ur friend. Once u catch up to him he says he knew u would come. He asks if ur ready to face the hutt agin and u say of course I am I'm a professional. Once u meet the hutt he refuses to give up his empire. He recognizes u is angered and orders his guards. U kill the, all and the hutt. The Padawan says that wasn't the best way to handle it to which u reply when are the jedi gonna learn u have to get dirty to get things done. U r on The run the hutts vast resources and henchmen are now looking to kill u. U manage to get to the spaceport where u hear some loud mouth bragging about his ultra fast smuggling ship. U decide to steal it. U go back to courascant with the jedi and report with him to the council the council is. Unhappy with the conflict but I happy for your safe return the master is a council member now. As u leave he catches up with u and interrogates u about ur past he doesn't want ur influence on his great Padawan. U tell him and he is shocked and says that he knew of that attack a former Padawan had felt a disturbance in the force went to investigate and was also killed. U r shocked and ask him about it he gives u some info of what he knows and u leave in ur ship to investigate.

The rest of the game is u investigating on many different worlds who is behind the attack.( I don't feel lie being specific. ) periodically running into the Padawan and teaming up. U find out it was the master behind it he wasan Assassin in ur clan who was force sensitive he infiltrated the jedi and fell to the dark side he was manipulating himself to lead the jedi and eventually twist their beliefs enough to convince them to take over the galaxy. He had a plot laid out to have a former clan brother who supported his cause to become supreme chancellor. The master killed the rest of the council. U and the Padawan team up to confront him he keeps scores of his corrupted brothers off u once u begin combat with the master u kill him and find the supreme chancellor here u can choose to kill him leave re create ur clan and build them up again and the Padawan becomes head of the council and u 2 remain friends ( this being the light side ending) the dark side ending is when u find the chancellor u kill the Padawan control the chancellor and Rule The republic in secret.

I was thinking of making the Padawan the opposite sex as whatever u pick and have there b a romance option or have that be somewhere else. I was thinking the combat system would be a much more advanced version of the jedi knight games. U can switch weapons at will and there will be a button for ur special ability IE u r shooting people and someone comes close to u I press LB and stab the, with hidden blade.

Please give me ur opinions and ideas and please keep in mind that the only thing I had pre thought of was the assassin concept the whole story I made up as I typed it so don't be too mean haha

THANK U FOR UR OPINIONS

Lord Lucien
Ur use of U is not gud.

Vensai
I'd love to have the history of the ancient Jedi fleshed out more.

Q99
Originally posted by Vensai
I'd love to have the history of the ancient Jedi fleshed out more.

You following Dawn of the Jedi?

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
You following Dawn of the Jedi?
Ah, thank you. Didn't know about that.

Kickballjedi
I'm a huge fan of Seven Samurai and the Magnificent Seven. What about a story 7 Jedi?

A small outpost on Tatooine is being raided by some evil forces- maybe some rejects like cyborgs, thugs from Jabba's Palace, criminals kicked out of the Mos Eisley cantina, etc. Led by some powerful Boss, like an ex-commando or bounty hunter. Some people from the village make a trip to the nearest larger outpost looking for help. After the local law turns them down due to the village being too far away or the fact they are busy with their own issues, the villagers encounter a Jedi and his padawan who happen to be on Tatooine looking for gems on Krayt Dragons for their sabers or some other convenient reason. They agree to help and gather up a group of "D" list Jedi join them. One specializes in dual sabers, another is huge, another was kicked out of the order, another comes from a lineage of great Jedi and war heroes but has yet to prove himself, another is a female(!). Anyway they total 7, or maybe 6 and a smuggler.

They start off not getting along very well, but as they work together to defeat the hundred or so raiders, a bond grows between them and they learn to respect and rely on each other. In the final battle all are killed except 2 or 3 who ride off into the multi-sunset on their hover horses. I mean cycles.

chilled monkey
If you're looking for plot ideas I had an odd dream some while ago that may interest someone.

I dreamt that instead of wiping out the Jedi via Order 66, Palpatine had found a way to brainwash all of them into becoming his minions. Scout (from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous) was immune to it and was being held prisoner somewhere.

Sorry I can't remember more. If you'd like to write a story based on it, go ahead. That would be great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.