Ivan Drago vs Mr T

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Who wins?

I vote for Drago cause he must break him.

Davehead
Drago should be pit against stronger foes like Wolverine or Colossus. His punch is more powerful than a shotgun blast or the strike of a large bear. Anyway, in this fight, Drago pwns. I mean owns. Sorry, nervous twitch there.

AngryManatee
Drago loses. Mr. T is helluva tough.

Rogue Jedi
Mr. T, as in the actor, or the character he played in ROCKY 3 (Clubber Lang)?

Darth Macabre
If it's Clubber Lang, I'm actually going Clubber Lang. Rocky made Drago bleed, after all, and Clubber had a hell of a punch.

Rogue Jedi
Clubber pwns Drago in 4 rounds.

ragesRemorse
Clubber lang hurt Rocky's pride.
Drago gave Rocky Brain damage and nearly killed him.

Rocky had to train like a black man and learn how to box like an actual boxer to beat Clubber Lang
Rocky had to train like a mountain man and resort to boxing like brawler,again, to beat Drago

This one is to close to call but considering that Rocky dropped Lang once he learned how to box and Drago gave Rocky lasting brain damage, im goin with drago.

Wei Phoenix
Drago will crush him. Drago was the best opponent Rocky had. He killed Apollo, the man who taught Rocky how to beat Clubber.

Rogue Jedi
Apollo was retired, and, despite his saying "I am faster and stronger", he wasnt. Apollo in I and II was FAST, Apollo in III was soso.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Apollo in I and II was FAST, Apollo in III was soso.

but didn't it take several montages for Rocky to beat Apollo in a foot race on the beach?

Wei Phoenix
Apollo was retired, and, despite his saying "I am faster and stronger", he wasnt. Apollo in I and II was FAST, Apollo in III was soso.

Still the punches he delivered didn't even hurt Drago and I think its safe to say that I and II Apollo wouldn't have hurt him either.

Davehead
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Still the punches he delivered didn't even hurt Drago and I think its safe to say that I and II Apollo wouldn't have hurt him either.
Of course not! He's a steroid-pumping, cybernetic, Soviet superweapon!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Davehead
Of course not! He's a steroid-pumping, cybernetic, Soviet superweapon!

That is true.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Still the punches he delivered didn't even hurt Drago and I think its safe to say that I and II Apollo wouldn't have hurt him either. Because Apollo was RETIRED. Think about it, remember the damage Apollo dealt Rocky in II? Apollo WON that fight man. It should have been stopped several times over.

Davehead
Okay. So here's what we've got so far: The defeat of Apollo is irrelevant, since age had slowed him down, and his fighting style mostly relied on his speed. Rocky, after focusing on improving his speed, defeated Clubber Lang, with both fighters quite tired, but barely scratched. And after focusing on strength and endurance, Rocky beat Drago, with both fighters completely exhausted and very bloodied up.

Rogue Jedi
Rocky wasn't exhausted after he beat Lang. He was a little wore down, but not tired. He collapsed to his knees after winning because he was the victor, and was overcome with emotion.

Consider this: What if Lang was to train to fight Drago, and have access to all of the same training equipment/steroids Drago had?

Davehead
Rocky wasn't exhausted after he beat Lang. He was a little wore down, but not tired. He collapsed to his knees after winning because he was the victor, and was overcome with emotion.

Consider this: What if Lang was to train to fight Drago, and have access to all of the same training equipment/steroids Drago had?
That would depend on how tough Drago was before being treated.

Rogue Jedi
I'd wager that Drago was a good to above average boxer without roids.

AngryManatee
Ivan v. Lang (Mr.T's character): Ivan

Ivan v. Mr. T: Mr. T tosses Ivan helluva far.

FistOfThe North

ragesRemorse
come on, Drago has the hight weight and reach on lang. Also, Drago's punching pressure is greater than Langs. The only thing Lang has as an advantage is being black.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
come on, Drago has the hight weight and reach on lang. Also, Drago's punching pressure is greater than Langs. The only thing Lang has as an advantage is being black.

So he can demand reparations after he loses Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Lang has done something no one in the series has ever done, Drago included.

He KNOCKED OUT Rocky Balboa.

Davehead

Before the training montage. Anyone can do that.

Rogue Jedi
Example of anyone? As far as I know, Lang is the only person to KO Balboa, and that speaks volumes for Lang's power.

NonSensi-Klown
Ivan knocks the shit out of him.

Rogue Jedi
The only real advantage Drago has is his range. Lang gets inside that and Drago is gonna go down from close range body shots. Remember when Rocky KO'd Drago? Body shots.

NonSensi-Klown
Range, and his strength is hardly less. People think KO'ing Rocky is impressive, but people don't realize that every time Rocky wins it's PIS. Te man gets his ass handed to him for 3/4 of the fight than magically comes back in the end and wins it all. It's nonsensical.

Rogue Jedi
Drago tried with all he had, but he couldn't KO Rocky. Lang KO'd Rocky with EASE.

Lang was, as Mickey said, "A wrecking machine."

I guarantee if there was Lang versus Balboa part three, Lang would be prepared for Rocky's speed and KO him again.

NonSensi-Klown
Lang KO'd Rocky.

Ivan killed a man. With his fists.

Rogue Jedi
Ivan killed APOLLO. Apollo was totally unprepared and out of shape for his fight with Drago.

Lang's fighting style, aggressive and so strong that he KO'd Balboa (which continues to go unnoticed, for Lang was the only person to KO Balboa), would tear Drago apart.

Heres the bottom line: Lang KO'd Rocky, Drago was not able to KO Rocky, a Rocky who came out of retirement mind you.

NonSensi-Klown
Unprepared doesn't affect your bodies durability...

Not being able to Ko Rocky was PIS. He spent the first half of the fight beating his ass. The Rocky moves are all about PIS, hence doing "the impossible".

Rogue Jedi
Not being able to KO Rocky is the bottom line, man. If one man can do it, and another cannot, what does that tell you?

WTF is PIS.

FistOfThe North

Wow, true.

But you were wrong when you said Rocky knocked out Drago via body shots. He kept mowing him down with those hard right hooks to the jaw, then Drago fell for the knock-out.

ragesRemorse
Example of anyone? As far as I know, Lang is the only person to KO Balboa, and that speaks volumes for Lang's power.

Drago gave Rocky brain damage roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
Before the training montage. Anyone can do that.

laughing out loud

Davehead
Not being able to KO Rocky is the bottom line, man. If one man can do it, and another cannot, what does that tell you?

WTF is PIS.
Ok, look. Lang knocked out Rocky before he trained specifically for the fight. Afterwards, Rocky knocked out Lang. Drago, on the other hand, never fought Rocky before he got trained specifically for the fight. He only fought him afterwards and lost. Therefore, Drago might've been ABLE to knock out Rocky, but we'll never know. So the fact that Lang knocked out Rocky doesn't say anything. Rocky was lifting up wagonloads of rocks and people before he could beat Drago, and even then it came at great cost.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Wow, true.

But you were wrong when you said Rocky knocked out Drago via body shots. He kept mowing him down with those hard right hooks to the jaw, then Drago fell for the knock-out. Yes, the hooks finished him, but the body shots weakened him far more.

Rogue Jedi
Ok, look. Lang knocked out Rocky before he trained specifically for the fight. Afterwards, Rocky knocked out Lang. Drago, on the other hand, never fought Rocky before he got trained specifically for the fight. He only fought him afterwards and lost. Therefore, Drago might've been ABLE to knock out Rocky, but we'll never know. So the fact that Lang knocked out Rocky doesn't say anything. Rocky was lifting up wagonloads of rocks and people before he could beat Drago, and even then it came at great cost. so Rocky was able to take a harder punch in IV? I am merely praising Lang's power, man.

Wei Phoenix

WTF is PIS.

Plot Induced Stupidity.

Bardock42
Mr. T probably wouldn't have a chance against a professional boxer.

Rogue Jedi
Lang would....and Drago was Semi pro if I recall.

Bardock42
Lang would....and Drago was Semi pro if I recall. Well, he was a commie.

I don't know about Lang. I guess you can make a decent case for either side. On the one hand Lang actually beat Rocky, on the other hand he got knocked out faster than any other of his opponents, when it got serious.

Robtard
Drago was a finely tuned and steroid injected Red-Soviet fighting machine; he killed Appollo Creed.

What in the **** did Lang do? He killed an old decrepit man.

Drago would break Lang, easy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Drago was a finely tuned and steroid injected Red-Soviet fighting machine; he killed Appollo Creed.

What in the **** did Lang do? He killed an old decrepit man.

Drago would break Lang, easy. As I said many times already, Lang KO'd Rocky, something that no one else has ever done.

ALL of the fighters in the Rocky series are finely tuned fighting machines.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, he was a commie.

I don't know about Lang. I guess you can make a decent case for either side. On the one hand Lang actually beat Rocky, on the other hand he got knocked out faster than any other of his opponents, when it got serious. By saying "All of his opponents", I am assuming you mean Creed, Lang, Drago, Tommy the turncoat Gunn and Dixon, yes? Cuz those fights all went the distance, except for Gunn, which was a street fight.

Davehead
Lang did KO Rocky, but Drago probably would've too if Rocky hadn't toughened up first.

Bardock42
By saying "All of his opponents", I am assuming you mean Creed, Lang, Drago, Tommy the turncoat Gunn and Dixon, yes? Cuz those fights all went the distance, except for Gunn, which was a street fight. What the f**k?

Rocky KOs Lang...what movie have you watched?

He also knocked out Drago. But much later in the fight.

Rogue Jedi
What the f**k?

Rocky KOs Lang...what movie have you watched?

He also knocked out Drago. But much later in the fight. I forgot to put that haermm Point still stands. "Going the distance" to me means making it to the fifteenth round, whether the round ends or there is a KO.

Bardock42
I forgot to put that haermm Point still stands. "Going the distance" to me means making it to the fifteenth round, whether the round ends or there is a KO. Not really.

He got knocked out earlier than any other of Rocky's opponents (both Apollo and Drago I believe got knocked out in the final round in Rocky 2 and 4 respectively and all the others went to distance). So, what you said, makes no sense, what I said, still stands.

Going the distance means finishing the 12th (15th) round. Not just reaching it.

Rogue Jedi
Not really.

He got knocked out earlier than any other of Rocky's opponents (both Apollo and Drago I believe got knocked out in the final round in Rocky 2 and 4 respectively and all the others went to distance). So, what you said, makes no sense, what I said, still stands.

Going the distance means finishing the 13th round. Not just reaching it. Rocky was fighting with a ferocity he never had before, past, present or future. Yes, even moreso than wth the Drago fight. he was faster than he ever was, footwork and punching speed, while retaining his power.

If Lang KO him in three, then vice versa, then where does that leave us? Lang KOd him, thats it. Drago could not KO him.

What do you think would have happened if there was a Lang/Balboa part three, and Lang had time to train differently to adjust for Rocky's new style? Rocky would get PWNED. This is just my curiousity now, mind you.

Bardock42
Rocky was fighting with a ferocity he never had before, past, present or future. Yes, even moreso than wth the Drago fight. he was faster than he ever was, footwork and punching speed, while retaining his power.

If Lang KO him in three, then vice versa, then where does that leave us? Lang KOd him, thats it. Drago could not KO him.

What do you think would have happened if there was a Lang/Balboa part three, and Lang had time to train differently to adjust for Rocky's new style? Rocky would get PWNED. This is just my curiousity now, mind you.

I'm not saying that Drago would win, really. Just saying that there's a decent argument for both sides, you know?

Rogue Jedi
I'm not saying that Drago would win, really. Just saying that there's a decent argument for both sides, you know? If Drago can effectively use his jab to keep Lang at bay, he would probably win. If Lang gets inside that guard and unleashes on Drago's body whenever he likes........ouch.

What about the last prt?

Bardock42
I have no idea.

Rogue Jedi
I would bet that Lang would adjust to the speed and knock Rocky out in 7. Lang's biggest weakness was not knowing when to turn off the rage.

Robtard
As I said many times already, Lang KO'd Rocky, something that no one else has ever done.

ALL of the fighters in the Rocky series are finely tuned fighting machines.

You really don't make any sense at all, considering:

A) You think Lang can defeat Drago

B) You think Creed can defeat Lang

C) Yet we know that Drago not only defeated Creed, but he ****ing hit him so hard it killed him.

Rogue Jedi
You really don't make any sense at all, considering:

A) You think Lang can defeat Drago

B) You think Creed can defeat Lang

C) Yet we know that Drago not only defeated Creed, but he ****ing hit him so hard it killed him. Lang was tailor made for Apollo. Blinding speed, dazzling footwork and strength equals Knocked out Lang.

Lang will beat Drago if Drago lets Lang get inside on him, as Rocky did.

Davehead
Drago cannot be defeated. He defeats all man.

Rogue Jedi
Except for Rocky, and possible Lang.

deathbycorn
What I have come up with this thread is

a) Clubber Lang knocked out Rocky but then Rocky came back and beat him.
b) Drago killed Apollo, and gave Rocky brain damage. But Rocky still beat him.

Its just obvious that Ivan Drago is a pure Machine and would smash Clubber.

Rogue Jedi
If he is a "machine", then how did Rocky KO him?

Remember when Rocky cut Drago? Tony yelled "He's not a machine, he's a man!"

Drago gave it all he had, he couldn't KO Rocky. Lang did so with relative ease.

Robtard

Rocky 3 was a lot softer than Rocky 4, fact. Take Rocky from part 3 and have him face Drago, he would be killed, as Creed was. Drago kills, Lang just talks shit and punches old men.

Rogue Jedi
Rocky was soft in 3? Dude, that is the biggest line of horseshit I have ever heard. Have you forgotten the beating he took in the second fight?

Rocky might have been a bit stronger in 4, but in 3 he was just as tough and a helluva lot faster.

Robtard
Rocky was soft in 3? Dude, that is the biggest line of horseshit I have ever heard. Have you forgotten the beating he took in the second fight?

Rocky might have been a bit stronger in 4, but in 3 he was just as tough and a helluva lot faster.

I said "softer", not he was soft.

Nonsense, he trained the hardest he's ever trained in part 4, he had to, Drago was a steroid-pumped killing machine.

Rogue Jedi
I said "softer", not he was soft.

Nonsense, he trained the hardest he's ever trained in part 4, he had to, Drago was a steroid-pumped killing machine. Rocky was just as hard to knock out in 4 as he was 3. Fighters train to get faster and stronger, not to have a harder jaw. He was a better fighter in 4, but was able to take the same amount of punishment as he did in 3. Drago gave it his all, man, and Rocky was not KO'd. Lang KO'd him, I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

Robtard
Rocky was just as hard to knock out in 4 as he was 3. Fighters train to get faster and stronger, not to have a harder jaw. He was a better fighter in 4, but was able to take the same amount of punishment as he did in 3. Drago gave it his all, man, and Rocky was not KO'd. Lang KO'd him, I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

Actually, they train to take a hit too, that's part of the training.

Anyhow, Drago killed (as in dead, not KO'd) Creed and Creed was better than Lang, ergo, Drago puts the beat-down of Lang. I win the thread.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, they train to take a hit too, that's part of the training.

Anyhow, Drago killed (as in dead, not KO'd) Creed and Creed was better than Lang, ergo, Drago puts the beat-down of Lang. I win the thread. Yes, they can train to take a hit, but if you are talking about pure toughness, having a rock jaw or a glass jaw, that cannot be trained.

Creed was retired, man. He thought Drago was a pushover, and he paid the price for not properly training.

Bardock42
Rocky was just as hard to knock out in 4 as he was 3. Fighters train to get faster and stronger, not to have a harder jaw. He was a better fighter in 4, but was able to take the same amount of punishment as he did in 3. Drago gave it his all, man, and Rocky was not KO'd. Lang KO'd him, I don't see why that is so hard to understand. Actually, in 3 he was easier to knock out. He worried about Mickey possibly dying and he didn't have a real fight in years. He wasn't as trained as in any of the end fights, ever. He had gotten lazy, being the champion for a while and only facing weaker contenders.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, in 3 he was easier to knock out. He worried about Mickey possibly dying and he didn't have a real fight in years. He wasn't as trained as in any of the end fights, ever. He had gotten lazy, being the champion for a while and only facing weaker contenders. End fight he was as well trained as he had ever been. Even more so, not counting 4.

Bardock42
End fight he was as well trained as he had ever been. Even more so, not counting 4. And he knocked Clubber out in Round 3. Indeed

Rogue Jedi
After Clubber knocked him out in three.

Bardock42
After Clubber knocked him out in three.

Again. Yes, Clubber knocked Rocky out when he was in a bad shape and totally distracted by his friend DYING.

After he got over that, and trained (with no indication that he got any better than he was in the peak of Rocky IV, II or I), he took but three rounds to beat his opponent...faster than any other boxer he faced. Drago almost went to distance with a peak Rocky. Clubber beat a bad shaped Rocky, but got knocked down quickly by a peak Rocky.

Davehead
Yes, Lang's knocking out Rocky doesn't really say much. Rocky's knocking out Lang, however, does. Those were fast jabs he was throwing at Lang, folks, not strong ones. In Rocky 4, however, Rocky was a strong, durable beast, much like "hitting a piece of iron." Still, Drago and Rocky fought for almost 15 rounds with both fighters totally bloodied up and with Rocky facing permanent brain damage. So, by logic, if Lang barely hurt a Rocky 3 Rocky, and Drago almost knocked out a Rocky 4 Rocky, then Drago can take stronger hits and give out stronger hits.

Rogue Jedi
Again. Yes, Clubber knocked Rocky out when he was in a bad shape and totally distracted by his friend DYING.

After he got over that, and trained (with no indication that he got any better than he was in the peak of Rocky IV, II or I), he took but three rounds to beat his opponent...faster than any other boxer he faced. Drago almost went to distance with a peak Rocky. Clubber beat a bad shaped Rocky, but got knocked down quickly by a peak Rocky. Yeah, Rocky wasn't in the best shape their first fight, but that doesn't mean in the second fight he was capable of taking more punishment, does it?

Rocky was faster in the second fight, in better shape, having just as much if not more power than before. But it took the same amount of punishment to knock himout in fight one as it would have in fight two. Difference in fight two was he was covering up more.

I am trying to stress that Lang's raw punching power is phenomenal.

i will say, however, thet Drago in roid rage mode and having state of the art training facilities puts Lang at a great disadvantage. Perhaps we can consider giving Lang all the same equipment, and having them fight on neutral ground? Has it been established where they are fighting?

Rogue Jedi
Yes, Lang's knocking out Rocky doesn't really say much. Rocky's knocking out Lang, however, does. Those were fast jabs he was throwing at Lang, folks, not strong ones. In Rocky 4, however, Rocky was a strong, durable beast, much like "hitting a piece of iron." Still, Drago and Rocky fought for almost 15 rounds with both fighters totally bloodied up and with Rocky facing permanent brain damage. So, by logic, if Lang barely hurt a Rocky 3 Rocky, and Drago almost knocked out a Rocky 4 Rocky, then Drago can take stronger hits and give out stronger hits. Wait, Lang barely hurt Rocky? I seem to remember Rocky sprawled on the canvas with his face swollen like Jared Leto's in fight club.

Bardock42
Yeah, Rocky wasn't in the best shape their first fight, but that doesn't mean in the second fight he was capable of taking more punishment, does it?

Rocky was faster in the second fight, in better shape, having just as much if not more power than before. But it took the same amount of punishment to knock himout in fight one as it would have in fight two. Difference in fight two was he was covering up more.

I am trying to stress that Lang's raw punching power is phenomenal.

i will say, however, thet Drago in roid rage mode and having state of the art training facilities puts Lang at a great disadvantage. Perhaps we can consider giving Lang all the same equipment, and having them fight on neutral ground? Has it been established where they are fighting? Why would we consider that? So we can guess blindly?

Rogue Jedi
Why would we consider that? So we can guess blindly? Guess that's a no then roll eyes (sarcastic) Just thought it'd make things more interesting.

Bardock42
Guess that's a no then roll eyes (sarcastic) Just thought it'd make things more interesting. How would that be more interesting? You are already convinced Lang wins. How'd tweaking Lang spice things up, in your opinion?

Rogue Jedi
I am convinced that if Drago lets Lang get inside his guard Lang will bust Drago the **** up. Lang can take a beating too, remember the smackdown Rocky gave him in the first round of fight two?

FistOfThe North
Rocky 1-5's gonna play all day today on channel 819 MGMHD. Rocky 5 starts @ 12.35 am but ill skip that one maybe. I haven't seen it in years but stiill may catch it to see how bad it was through my grown eyes.

I just started watching R.1 now..Can't wait for R.4. @ 10.35 pm.

Davehead
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Rocky 1-5's gonna play all day today on channel 819 MGMHD. Rocky 5 starts @ 12.35 am but ill skip that one maybe. I haven't seen it in years but stiill may catch it to see how bad it was through my grown eyes.

I just started watching R.1 now..Can't wait for R.4. @ 10.35 pm.
While you're at it, can you check to see how badly Rocky was beaten by Lang at the end of their second fight?

Bardock42
While you're at it, can you check to see how badly Rocky was beaten by Lang at the end of their second fight?

Nah, don't worry, the answer is "a bit".

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uQG5iQmQM3g

The answer might also be "not even comparable to the fight with Drago"

FistOfThe North

ha, yea np.

right now apollo and rocky are about to start fighting in pt.2. Damn, Apollo crazy pissed off, haha.

FistOfThe North

yea, lang got owned by Rock @ the end of the 2nd bout. I don't know what you saw..

in fact rocky was kinda goading or daring lang to hit him in the face real hard over and over.

rocky got him angry, then crazy tired and took him and his jive talk out.

rocky 4's on now. drago just angrily but with a blanck face tore down apollo's life size poster just after that conference

Bardock42
I watched both fights again. I think it's really no question. Drago takes it, easily.

ragesRemorse

Rocky's work out routine had become a mockery of what it once was. He hardly took it seriously. He slacked...,a lot. It would be easy for any professional fighter to knock out a champ who is ill-conditioned. Once Rocky trained properly, he dominated Lang. Rocky trained with everything he had to Fight Drago and just barely beat him. Yeah, he also sustained Brain damage dude. It's much easier to knock someone out than it is to cause brain damage. I think that feat overshadows Langs knock out display...,dont you?

Rogue Jedi
The brain damage was an accumulation of ALL his fights throughout the years. Drago just happened to be the final blow.

ragesRemorse
I would go with that if his brain damage hadn't been diagnosed immediately following his match with Drago.

Robtard
I watched both fights again. I think it's really no question. Drago takes it, easily.

Drago was Rocky's hardest fight, when Rocky was still in peak-shape.

It's pretty obvious Lang would go down in 3 or less rounds when facing Drago as he was in part 4.

Edit: From Wiki

Drago:
"Drago's reputation is literally that of a superman; he wields a super punch from 1850 to 2150 psi (the average psi for a boxer is 800psi-1,000psi.) And is seen receiving injections throughout during the movie (presumably anabolic steroids, though this is never explicitly stated; Lundgren would state during an episode of VH1's I Love the '80s that Drago was "definitely a juicer"wink. He is merciless, speaks little, and is a fearsome opponent."

Lang:
"Because Rocky was distracted by Mickey, who has had a heart attack during the match, and was given hand picked competition previously, he was unprepared for Lang, who defeats him in a second round knockout. After, Rocky unable to admit to Mickey that he lost, instead telling his manager that he won. Mickey dies shortly afterward. Apollo Creed then trains Rocky Balboa. In the rematch, Rocky defeats Lang by knockout in round three."

Menetnashté
Yeah Clubber was a great boxer but he beat rocky while he was distracted by Mickey, while he was to caught up in the world of a celebrity and before he'd been trained by Apollo. Drago had to contend with a ticked off Rocky in prime condition with Apollo's training and with the 'eye of the tiger'. And he lasted way longer than Clubber and did more damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.