Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Markus Corvinus
I have to say that next to "The Wolf Man" this is the movie I'm looking forward to seeing the most in 2009. From the trailer I've seen, it's going to be action packed, and the fact that it'll star Michael Sheen as a younger Lucian and that Bill Nighy will be back as Viktor gets me even more pumped. And yet, January 23rd just seems like too long of a wait.

cruel jedi
I love the Underworld movies and i like the look of the trailer it should be good big grin

BTW Jan 23rd isnt that far away lol stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I'll watch anything with Bill Nighy in it.

Kazenji
I've only seen the first movie is the second one worth watching ?

Rogue Jedi
Yes it is.

cruel jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've only seen the first movie is the second one worth watching ?

definitely

MildPossession
First was fine, but the second one was just horrendous. I'll see the prequel but don't expect much. The Wolf Man remake looks rather good from the trailer.

Markus Corvinus
The second movie was just as good as the first, I don't see why it was horrendous, they pretty much went with a different tone, but kept the overall theme. Both are movies every fan of vampires/werewolves should check out.

Robtard
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
I have to say that next to "The Wolf Man" this is the movie I'm looking forward to seeing the most in 2009. From the trailer I've seen, it's going to be action packed, and the fact that it'll star Michael Sheen as a younger Lucian and that Bill Nighy will be back as Viktor gets me even more pumped. And yet, January 23rd just seems like too long of a wait.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, this movie is going to suck like the first and second movies, sure they'll have their cheesy entertainment value while you chew on your buttered 'in the middle' popcorn, but the acting and storyline will suck.

ragesRemorse
I liked the first movie but the second was awful. Prequels are boring. The sequel was stupid. This means, Underworld 3= Boring & Stupid

AngryManatee
I like Bill Nighy but this looks like shit on a shingle

Markus Corvinus
I still don't understand how someone can completely judge a movie they have yet to see.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm going to let you in on a little secret, this movie is going to suck like the first and second movies, sure they'll have their cheesy entertainment value while you chew on your buttered 'in the middle' popcorn, but the acting and storyline will suck.

Well, I don't share your opinion, but I respect your opinion nonetheless. I still love the franchise thus far, and I think the prequel will be just as good as the first two movies.

ragesRemorse
I still don't understand how someone can completely judge a movie they have yet to see.

Because it's the third movie in the series.

Markus Corvinus
Your point? That doesn't mean anything.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Because it's the third movie in the series.
Because Lotr Return of the King was horrible. So was Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

Markus Corvinus
I'm still hyped to see this movie, it's going to kick major ass.

ragesRemorse

Dark-Jaxx
It's all opinion but yes, Jedi and revenge of the sith were awful. Take it back.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Take it back.

never starwars

Kazenji

NonSensi-Klown
Well, RotJ is pure shit; even when compared to RotS.

RotK is le sekz though. And The Last Crusade was roxx0rz.

Matrix: Revolutions was also my favorite of the series.

Rogue Jedi
ROTJ was the shit, man. Third best of the saga.

Kazenji
Damn straight fool !!

NonSensi-Klown
I fall asleep watching RotJ. Only part I can stand is the parts with Lando in it.

I rank it down there with the first half of AotC and TPM, and ANH as a whole.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I fall asleep watching RotJ. Only part I can stand is the parts with Lando in it.

I rank it down there with the first half of AotC and TPM, and ANH as a whole. Dude, how can you say that?

NonSensi-Klown
I wasn't alive when the OT came out. The PT is my OT. I never waited in line, dressed up, down and around the block like I did with the PT movies.

... that and they're just boring, except for ESB.

Kazenji
I wasn't alive when the OT came out.

So you were dead blink

Rogue Jedi
And you call yourself a SW fan.

Kazenji
I too was'nt older enough to enjoy them back then when the OT came out but i've manage to enjoyed them now...

MildPossession
Oo it made me laugh someone thinking the sequel was just as good as the first Underworld... The first was not a classic but it was a masterpiece compared to the sequel.

Anyway, third is a dvd rental for me. Can't remember if I said that or not.

Markus Corvinus
I truly don't see what is supposedly so bad about the second movie, it was just a damn good movie. Not as good as the first, but definitely a good movie. The first two I say directly on DVD, so the third for me will be a theater showing.

Markus Corvinus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veF7AP3M5_M

BruceSkywalker
Love the first two Underworld films..

Look forward to seeing part 3

Menetnashté
I wasn't alive when the OT came out. The PT is my OT. I never waited in line, dressed up, down and around the block like I did with the PT movies.

ESB was definitely the worst of the OT...

NonSensi-Klown
What? That, is heresy.

Dark-Jaxx

NonSensi-Klown
I'm tied between ANH and RotJ. RotJ had ewoks... but ANH had the Luke, Obi-Wan, and friends vs. Death Star shenanigans.

jaden101
if it doesn't have Kate Beckinsale in tight leather or PVC it's not worth seeing...fact

Dark-Jaxx
I'm tied between ANH and RotJ. RotJ had ewoks... but ANH had the Luke, Obi-Wan, and friends vs. Death Star shenanigans. You bring up an excellent point, RotJ DID have Ewoks.

Seriously, a the Empire's best soldiers with hi-tech equipment...Get beaten by hairy midgets with rocks and spears.

Seriously, WTF? no expression

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Love the first two Underworld films..

Look forward to seeing part 3

Indeed.

Michael Sheen shall pwn.

Rogue Jedi
You bring up an excellent point, RotJ DID have Ewoks.

Seriously, a the Empire's best soldiers with hi-tech equipment...Get beaten by hairy midgets with rocks and spears.

Seriously, WTF? no expression There were Rebel Troops there too, Chewie and Han, remember?

Menetnashté
EXCUSE me? no expression

You should be devoured by green ass fairies.

Worst of the OT was ANH IMO.
ESB definitely made me bored. Just my opinion though. The ending was the only part I enjoyed.

Markus Corvinus
Has there been any updates on UROTL yet?

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
There were Rebel Troops there too, Chewie and Han, remember?

So around 10 rebel troops can compensate for hundreds of irritating bears?

Markus Corvinus
Anyone know a website that may contain recent info on this movie?

ragesRemorse
Dude, a movie with werewolves and wookies would fuking rule

Markus Corvinus
I don't know what the hell wookies are.

Syren

I rank it down there with the first half of AotC and TPM, and ANH as a whole.

EXCUSE me? no expression

You should be devoured by green ass fairies.

Worst of the OT was ANH IMO.

I'm tied between ANH and RotJ. RotJ had ewoks... but ANH had the Luke, Obi-Wan, and friends vs. Death Star shenanigans.

I have pretty much no clue what you're all talking about and I feel bad about it. Someone tell me why I feel as though I'm missing something? I could probably work it out but jeez, talk about making us non-SW-nuts feel outcasted.

I LOVED the first two Underworld movies, very much looking forward to the third (so excited there's a third!!!) big grin

Markus Corvinus
Nice to see you're a fan.

Who's your favorite character?

P-Geyser
It sounds decent, but the only thing I will be missing is Kate Beckinsale. She is the only reason why I enjoyed the first two movies.

Markus Corvinus
For me there were multiple reasons as to why I enjoyed the first two films, but I think we can all make it without her for one film. I just hope that they don't try to make Rhona Mitra's Sonja too much like her but from what I've seen in interviews, they probably aren't. In any case, I'd encourage any fan of the first two to see this one because we finally get a movie from the POV of the Lycans and exact details on how they came to be through Lucian's leadership.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, a movie with werewolves and wookies would fuking rule smile

Syren
Nice to see you're a fan.

Who's your favorite character?

It has to be Selene big grin

Rogue Jedi
**** Selene. Seeing Lucian in Lycan form makes this a good movie.

Markus Corvinus
My favorite characters are Lucian, Raze, & Selene, so it's a three way tie. Truthfully, seeing Raze & Lucian is going to make this movie the most badass f***ing movie of the franchise. Two months and two days to go!

BruceSkywalker
At last the trailer...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49943

Markus Corvinus
The trailer absolutely blew me away, and now I'm even more pumped for this movie than before.

SnakeEyes
I'll probably wait for the rental on this one. Looks like it'll be slightly entertaining, not much more, we'll see.

Markus Corvinus
I'm hoping that it surpasses even the first two, which I thought were very well done.

Markus Corvinus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS63QeoqEOI

Upon rewatching the trailer, I've become even more excited to see Rhona Mitra as Sonja. Upon first view I thought: "Well, she looks like she'll screw it up because she'll try to hard to act like Beckinsale's Selene." I think that she'll do a pretty good job, I hope I'm not wrong.

Robtard
Before, I was fairly certain this movie will be shit; after seeing this, I am certain this will be complete shit.

Markus Corvinus
Why post if you don't like the franchise? Stop wasting your time then.

Robtard
Why post if you don't like the franchise? Stop wasting your time then.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that people could ONLY share their opinions if they happened to like the movie in question, jackass.

Markus Corvinus
I never said you couldn't share, but you've said that same sentence more than once. And please, if you don't have an intelligent comment, don't result to petty childish insults. Thank you.

Robtard
I never said you couldn't share, but you've said that same sentence more than once. And please, if you don't have an intelligent comment, don't result to petty childish insults. Thank you.

Hypocrite, much? How many times have you posted in here and they all basically equated too "This movie will be great!"?

Stating that I am allowed to post my opinions is an intelligent comment, as it's a fact, jackass.

Markus Corvinus
I like how you insult me for no reason, and further prove how unintelligent you are. For one, I simply asked you why you were still posting if you had negative feelings about said movie, so there was absolutely no reason to insult me. Your childlike intellect is only surpassed by your blatant ignorance.

I hope the Mods deal with you very, very soon.

Robtard
I like how you insult me for no reason, and further prove how unintelligent you are. For one, I simply asked you why you were still posting if you had negative feelings about said movie, so there was absolutely no reason to insult me. Your childlike intellect is only surpassed by your blatant ignorance.

I hope the Mods deal with you very, very soon.

Jackass, you took it on yourself to imply that I had no reason to post here, it was in the form of a 'loaded question", that's both rude and insulting.

It's clear that your childish fascination with this movie is making you act like even a greater idiot than usual, you take negative comments towards this movie(which you haven't seen yet) as a personal affront.

Why would they? I made a comment towards this movie based on my opinion, you took it upon yourself to start crying/asking for a confrontation, if anything, you're in need of a warning, little boy.

Markus Corvinus
I never said you had no business posting here. I'm simply asking that why would you pay attention to anything related to the movie if you hate the franchise so much. I'm not taking anything personal, you are. The fact that you're resulting to the same childish insult in each post proves that you anger easily, and you're very unintelligent.

I'd also like to know how I act like an idiot. We don't even post in the same areas, it's rare for us to even post in the same thread, so I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Wait, let me guess: The next post is going to have jackass featured all over it instead of an actual explanation. eek!

I've reported you to the Mods twice now for insulting so if you're going to continue, at least come up with something new that may actually hurt my feelings.

Robtard
Jackass, how can you possible claim I don't explain anything, when you're responding directly to my explanations? Maybe you should take a few hours to think, before you post a response.

We've spoken several times, have you forgotten. 97% of the time we exchange words, you're acting like an idiot. Now, I don't know if it's on purpose, or if you're just that dumb; I'd bet on the later though.

Yes, you took it upon yourself to be rude, simply because I don't share your childish fascination with this movie, grow up, you're not the movie; you have nothing to do with the movie.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, you're simply a jackass. Now leave me alone, if you can't handle criticism towards your little pacifier-movie, i.e. DON'T PICK A FIGHT; THEN CRY WHEN YOU GET SPANKED.

Markus Corvinus
I could care less if you like the movie or not, but the fact that you continue to insult me shows me that you know I'm right when I say you lack the intelligence to go into a discussion without insults. I don't mean any harm to anyone on here, and I don't want to be insulted in return, either, especially by someone who takes a message board too seriously.

We've spoken a few times on here, yes, but I still can't gauge how I'm an idiot. There was once in my werewolves thread, where for a minute there was a scientific discussion upon which I asked questions, a few times in the versus threads where you agreed with my point of view, and then here, so I don't see how that in any way leads to me being an idiot. I just see a man who loves to insult people to try and make himself feel better.

Try again next time when you have a bigger vocabularly that allows for an intelligent discussion. Oh & no one is crying, I'm kind of sitting here laughing as I read your posts. big grin

Robtard
Edit: I'm tired on playing your little Sock-games. Find another playmate.

Markus Corvinus
What tactics are you talking about? I could see your point had I started the argument but I didn't, and you did, and I'm not going to respond to you any longer. Don't bother even responding, because it won't be read by me.

Impediment
Markus Corvinus: Don't pick a fight, and there won't be a fight. Just let it go.

Rob: Just ignore him and please quite with the names.

Now, let's return to topic, shall we?

Ahsoka Tano
Movie will be shit like the others. Maybe even worse if thats possible.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Markus Corvinus: Don't pick a fight, and there won't be a fight. Just let it go.

Rob: Just ignore him and please quite with the names.

Now, let's return to topic, shall we? Dont staht nuttin wont be nuttin? big grin

mr.smiley
I loved the first Underworld film,but I hated the second one.
So this is a tossup for me.
If the story can keep me engaged like the first film,but add in more action than the second,I might just end up really digging it.

Markus Corvinus
Well, the story is about the Lycan's rise to power, so to speak, and it's more about the Lycan's than vampires, so I think that's going to be really interesting to see.

Lycanthrope
I think the "Rise" is going to Rock. I always pulled for the Lycan in the 1st 2 movies ,which i thought were awesome and now i get to see them Kick Ass. I don't know,personally, how anyone could not like these movies unless they are just not interested in Werewolf/Vampire genre stuff in which case why bother to watch it in the 1st place. I am bummed that Kate Beckinsale wont be in it (damn she is fine with fangs) but she doesn't fit in the plot so o well. If there are any fans in orlando, Fl that want to get together to see it in Jan. let me know its on me. BTW could anyone help me with a cool Wolf or Lycanthropomorphic Avatar?

Markus Corvinus
The only reason she doesn't really fit into this plot is because it takes place before she was born. Still, Rhona Mitra will suffice.

kunglu
I liked both of the first two movies. So they weren't Citizen Kane (that was a film these are movies) You know what your gonna get when you see the preview . I thought 1 and 2 were fun enough. I don't own them on dvd or anything, but I'll watch them again before this one comes out. Looking forward to this cause Lycans rule!

Markus Corvinus
Have you watched the new trailer on Youtube yet?

kunglu
Yeah, looks good to me.

Markus Corvinus
Cool, glad to see you enjoyed the trailer.

One thing I enjoyed is that it actually looks as if the Lycan's are going to kick some major ass. The one thing that sort of irked me was how easily the Lycan's would go down because of a few bullets. I guess it's mainly because of the vampires having more advanced technology in regards to weaponry.

BruceSkywalker
poster..

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8512

Lycanthrope
Are there any Underworld fans on here in Orlando? I want to get a group together to go see "Rise of the Lycans" in Jan. I cant find a good Fan site so I thought I would try here.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
Are there any Underworld fans on here in Orlando? I want to get a group together to go see "Rise of the Lycans" in Jan. I cant find a good Fan site so I thought I would try here.

You could always just go to the movie, as it will most likely do decently at the box office and just "group" yourself with the audience, who will also most likely be fans of the franchise. Just a thought.

Lycanthrope
Well Thanx for the advice, but your idea is self evident.You are a genius, but i was considering that the majority of people going to the movie are just out for some entertainment for a couple hours as apposed to being avid fans and, it would have been cool to go out afterwards to eat and discuss the movie etc. Hence my asking about "group of fans" that i could start chatting with and get to know, Or should i just shout at the end of the Movie "Who wants to go eat and talk about the Movie" yeah people are real receptive to that.

Robtard
Thank you, I know.

Well, you didn't mention having a sit down meal afterwards where you intellectually discuss and dissect a movie like "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans", I'm sure that would be quit a brainstorming, considering the intense plot of such a film. Gool luck.

Lycanthrope
Thank you, I know.

Well, you didn't mention having a sit down meal afterwards where you intellectually discuss and dissect a movie like "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans", I'm sure that would be quit a brainstorming, considering the intense plot of such a film. Gool luck.

You really are just a condescending Dickhead aren't you.

Robtard
How rude.

BruceSkywalker
another poster..

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51318

Mairuzu
So....

Rogue Jedi
You could always just go to the movie, as it will most likely do decently at the box office and just "group" yourself with the audience, who will also most likely be fans of the franchise. Just a thought. **** the franchise, Selene in leather FTW.

dadudemon
**** the franchise, Selene in leather FTW.

Rhona Mitra is hotter. no expression

BruceSkywalker
I saw this already..

Very good all around

Lycanthrope
I cant wait to see it tonight! evil face

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I saw this already..

Very good all around

We usually have the same tastes on action adventure/fantasy, so I'll probably like this movie too.

I look forward to it, thanks. big grin

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
I cant wait to see it tonight! evil face I just saw it as well. Did you get the idea that this movie took place before William was captured?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by dadudemon
Rhona Mitra is hotter. no expression in a manly way yea

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
in a manly way yea

You mean, in a more elegant and naturally attractive way, right?

Of course you do.

And now time for her to get raped.

]bIcgGEHzs90

Gideon
Really liked the movie. Pretty damn good performances all around, though Bill Nighy still runs this show. My only complaint is how this movie completely mitigates and destroys the legitimacy of the first movie's plot.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Gideon
Really liked the movie. Pretty damn good performances all around, though Bill Nighy still runs this show. My only complaint is how this movie completely mitigates and destroys the legitimacy of the first movie's plot. One thing I don't understand is that it's suppose to take place before Selene was a vampire but yet Sonya wore the key to Williams tomb around her neck that was made by Selene's father.

SupezM'
I think Selene is alive but just a little girl while everything else goes down.

Fallen
just came back from seeing the movie.

i thought it was an over-glorified romeo and juliet rendition with dozen or so vampires and a legion of "werewolves" thrown into the blend. the acting from the two main leads was either overly dramatic or lacking in caliber. (i've seen both perform better in other films... or at least the female. not sure what else the male was in other than the first installment.). the movie, itself, was overpowered by its sense of "this needs to be epically grand, which must be highlighted with a drowning score in the background." i was slightly disappointed with the dialogue, considering i thought the dialogue in the previous films were rather sharp and edgy. the plot was entirely predictable, which, i guess, is to be expected. titanic syndrome and all that. the characters acted the way they were suppose to. kind of cliche really.

yet, despite its numerous flaws, the movie still had its appeal. at least to me. there were several familiar faces i thought were interesting to observe and watch as their stories unfold. the film looked good with its gothic feel and texture. i don't know. i-i kind of enjoyed it... oddly enough. confused i'm not sure if its the lure or magnetism of the tragic romance that i, as a female, inherently find appealing or what. its frustrating being a female at times.

Sado22
i honestly thought it was better than the first two....mainly because the first two sucked all sorts of things that it shouldn't be even putting in its mouth.

Kazenji
I've only seen one bad review for this movie from that Empire Magazine.

Robtard
Movie was horrible all around, plot, acting, pacing, action etc.

Robtard
Originally posted by snoopdogg
One thing I don't understand is that it's suppose to take place before Selene was a vampire but yet Sonya wore the key to Williams tomb around her neck that was made by Selene's father.

Selene's family was killed by Victor in order to hide the secret of William's tomb; he happened to let her live because of the looks-like-my-dead-daughter thing, iirc.

We assumed that he killed them right after the job was completed and William was sealed away, as that would make the most logical sense; it's possible he could have killed them some time after. Though I agree this is still somewhat of a plot-hole, it's not without some merit.

snoopdogg
So I take it William is still running amuck during this film.

Rogue Jedi
William didnt impress me in part two.

snoopdogg
William didnt impress me in part two. I'm guessing he was kinda weak from being locked up for 800 years without anything to eat.

Rogue Jedi
I guess. OK shaddap haermm

Gideon
So can anyone explain to me just how in the hell: Lucian beat Viktor's ass? Wasn't the entire point of the first movie that he needed Michael's blood to become a hybrid in order to kill Viktor?

FistOfThe North
I was thinking of checking this out today but I dunno..

the reviews seem luke and I didn't really get into part one. but to see how it all started is what's drawing me.

snoopdogg
So can anyone explain to me just how in the hell: Lucian beat Viktor's ass? Wasn't the entire point of the first movie that he needed Michael's blood to become a hybrid in order to kill Viktor? Well to be honest Lucian did have the aid of sunlight so maybe that helped him or not.

Gideon
I hope so. Still, they really pussified Viktor in this movie. He's still a clever bloodsucker, though.

Rogue Jedi
Well hadn't Sonia been killed? Havent seen it yet......If so, rage?

snoopdogg
I hope so. Still, they really pussified Viktor in this movie. He's still a clever bloodsucker, though. And also, Lucian was said to be the strongest of the Lycans. So mix that in along with the sunlight and he should have done well imo.

Gideon
Well hadn't Sonia been killed? Havent seen it yet......If so, rage?

She was killed by the time of their duel, yes. But when you see the movie, you'll come to find that Lucian and Viktor truly and deeply loathe one another; so while Lucian was pissed, so was Viktor. Each of them blame the other for Sonja's death.

Viktor had the upper hand for most of the fight, but not as much as you'd expect.

Sado22
i think you guys are looking for sense in a movie that pretty much threw that out of the window in the first movie itself. i mean after all that wankfest about "hybrids" all the guy did in one was get his ass handed to him by victor.......someone who lost to simple lycan lucian. good thing lucian didn't stick around to see his 600 years of planning go ass up on his face because from what the movie shows: werewolf+vampire=wusswolf

~Sado

Mairuzu
I was high, i liked it

Howard Beale
Just saw it, was pleased. Not surprised at anything, exactly what I was expecting a big, dumb, fun, intense action flick. Blood and fighting from wall to wall, exactly what I wanted in every way.
I don't tend to like this sort of mindless entertainment but having watched a lot of oscar calibre, thought provoking films this was perfect.
7/10 (bad movie that did its' task perfectly)

Gideon
It still ****ed up the first movie's plot spectacularly. You think Viktor might have been tired?

Howard Beale
I have not seen the first or second ones wink so to me it was fine, haha. My friend didn't mention it having to much conflict though so I dunno....

Menetnashté
It still ****ed up the first movie's plot spectacularly. You think Viktor might have been tired?
My guess is Viktor improved over the centuries or Lucien got weaker. But yeah Viktor got a beat down from his daughter and Lucian, that sucked especially since he was the best

Lord Shadow Z
My brothers going to see it today, hope he enjoys it. Not really my kind of film. I watched the first Underworld but it didn't really impact on me in any way. Its a very average series compared to the likes of Blade and Blade 2 in my opinion. (I admit Blade 3 lets down my argument somewhat).

Gideon

Mairuzu
stoned

snoopdogg

Menetnashté
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well, I thought about this and assumed Viktor wasn't trying to kill his daughter, Viktor may have been a @sshole be he loved Sonya alot. And against Lucian the sunlight may have been working against Viktor.
Yeah that is possible, he seemed way more defensive in his fight with sonya, didn't even think about it at the time. And though the sun played a large role in the final battle I think Lucian may still have won the fight,
he might not be the stronger of the two but I do believe Lucian is the better swordsman.

Gideon

Newjak
Just watched the movie. I liked it but I have had the same problem with this movie as I've had with the other two. That being huge build-ups with disappointing execution of them. Although in this movie it wasn't quite as bad it was still there.

Like the hybrid in the first one, or Williams in the second one. I was expecting Viktor to come unto the scene and start laying some serious smack down. I mean in the first movie he beat a Lycan with his bare hands. So I guess I was expecting a little more from Lucian and Viktor's fight at the end.

Oh well still a good movie.

Tommy Jarvis
I think it was maybe because Lucian was a better swordsman, or was just superior in strength. It's not hard to imagine Lucian being the strongest of the two.

In any case, I really enjoyed the movie, as I did the other two. I saw it opening day and absolutely loved it, I think it's the best of the Underworld films yet. 9/10

KingD19
You've also got to realize that the first movie was hundreds of years after this one, and he was much older than Raze, and the other werewolves he killed, which gave him proportionally greater strength.

Even though he is older than Lucian, Lucian was the progenitor or the transformable lycans, so he is more than likely the strongest there will ever be.

Tommy Jarvis
Exactly. More experience can also equal a better fighter in the long run, and that's likely what happened with Viktor, hence why he was able to kill Raze so easily.

As for Lucian, I do think he's the strongest Lycan there is because he's the first Lycan, actually. Plus, by him being trained by Viktor's finest, that helps add to his skill level as a fighter.

Okay, as we all know, most of the time for a movie to sink in you have to see it more than once. I remember a great deal aside from some of the beginning but can anyone tell me if Viktor himself trained Lucian? I know he had his best men train him, but did they ever say if Viktor himself trained him?

KingD19
I don't think Victor trained him personally, but Victor more than likely trained some of the men who trained Lucian.

And experience does have a great deal to do with a fight. Viktor was far more advanced than Raze, even though he slept for hundreds of years, he still had at least a hundred years exp on Raze and the others. The same thing with Micheal, he was a lycan hybrid, whose speed was enough to seem like he was teleporting, and he was way stronger than Viktor, but because of combat experience and skill, he evened it out.

Tommy Jarvis
Well, from what we know, Viktor was nearing 1,000 years in age around the time of the first movie, so if you take the whole hibernation for 100 years into consideration, I'd say he has around 300-600 years of experience on Raze, and Michael as well, of course.

Btw, do you think it's possible that if he can survive being stabbed in the mouth with a sword that he survive having half his head sliced off?

KingD19
Well when he got stabbed in the mouth, he was very near death, then he healed rather quickly. I think because the sword only penetrated his throat, which is really nothing vital considering he's a vampire, he could heal from it, but when part of his brain was severed, his brain funcitons ceased, and even though healing is automatic, it's still tied into the brain.

Tommy Jarvis
Good thinking there, sir. I was trying to think of ways he could maybe come back, but with every scenario I thought up, I had to take the brain being gone part into the equation

KingD19
Thank you. The only way I can see you really taking a full blood elder of either species down is by their natural weaknesses, severing of the head, or complete destruction.

jinXed by JaNx
I have to say that i liked this movie a lot. I liked the visual effects in Underworld 2 but otherwise i thought the movie was shit. So, i wasn't expecting anything from Rise of the Lycans.I watched the movie on a lark and was pleasantly surprised. The CGI and set design were very well done and the acting was quite good as well.

starlock
I liked this movie alot, some great moments,and i thought it fit well into the series.

Tommy Jarvis
Indeed, I was worried it would be good, but might not keep in line with continuity, but it did. It's funny that people are saying that it didn't fit into the flashbacks we saw when they in fact re-filmed the exact same thing...and gave everyone the same attire, except for Sonja, of course.

KingD19
I loved Raze, a mere human took on a werewolf with his bare hands, and won.

Tommy Jarvis
Raze was badass. Although it was a cool scene, I hate that he got killed off.

KingD19
Yeah, he was going up against a very powerful vampire elder, it was inevitable.

Tommy Jarvis
True that.

Do you think Michael could regenerate lost limbs? I mean, he is stronger than both races, and has their respective healing abilities combined. If he could heal from near death when he wasn't at full power, maybe he could regenerate limbs too.

KingD19
True, he basically did die, since he had a huge hole through his sternum, I think if you could heal from that, you could heal from anything short of complete dismemberment. Remember when Selene broke of Micheal's wing tip and stabbed him through the head with it? He was still ready to fight, but she blew him up by knocking him into the chopper rotors.

Tommy Jarvis
You mean Markus, lol? But yes, he seemed like he's have been able to get through it. He, too was a hybrid, just not in the sense Michael was, so his healing factor had to be a bit amped up too.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>