S03E05 - Angels and Monsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Armed with H.R.G.'s old files and a taser, Claire attempts to take down her first target -- Stephen Canfield, a Level 5 escapee with the ability to create black holes -- unaware that others are closing in. Meanwhile, in horror, Peter flees from all the death and destruction in the future, only to grimly discover how deeply the experience has changed him. Frustrated that Adam Monroe didn't get them closer to "the formula," Hiro takes a stab at becoming friends with Daphne and new associate Knox, much to Ando's dismay. Later, Suresh's urge to correct research errors puts Maya, among others, in a sticky situation. Linderman advises Nathan to stick by Tracy, seeing that they could accomplish great things together. In Africa, Matt sees his vision of "happily ever after" destroyed.

Angels and Monsters Preview

jg6O9wCZIsw

Discuss...

S_D_J
So Nathan was also "given" his ability?.... erm

...and Mr. Petrelli himself will show up next episode... wasn't he dead...?

hopefully this is getting somewhere and is not just another plot twist....

Mairuzu
Yet it mentions nothing about Angela...

and yea, Arthur supposedly "killed himself"

S_D_J
Black holes? I wonder how they're gonna pull that off

Blue_Hefner
I hope they get rid of some characters (not kill them off necessarily) in the next few episodes so the story can progress better. :/

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
Black holes? I wonder how they're gonna pull that off I bet claire is somehow gonna push him into his own black hole lol

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I bet claire is somehow gonna push him into his own black hole lol

I'll bet you're absolutely right!

HorseShoeKing
well my guess on how they bring back arthur since he "killed" himself is linderman. Seeing that he has the healing power or bringing dead things back to life (the flower in season 1) he could have easily done this and kept him hidden running as a partner in a separate organization. He is also who I think Daphne is working for.

Mairuzu
I wonder how long someone can be dead before they are brought back to life

razor4life
Well if you believe in God then you'd have to bring someone back asap. Or they will be damned to hell or go to heaven or whatever and I guess God wouldn't like a human playing God. If you don't then basically as long as their is enough tissue for you to work with. So Linderman just regenerates them back to life and their conscience kicks back in.

Mairuzu
Im guessing... as long as a single cell is alive

like cell stick out tongue

Prime#
LOL at Claire taking on someone who can create black holes with a tazer

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Prime#
LOL at Claire taking on someone who can create black holes with a tazer

laughing I agree. Just the idea of it is absurb.

HorseShoeKing
Has anyone seen there is a new preview out? This one actually confirms its Arthur?!!!! It says he has been a mystery this whole time and he is a father of THREE heroes. MAn I can not wait till monday

Ordained
Originally posted by S_D_J
Black holes? I wonder how they're gonna pull that off
i was thinking the same thing

I bet claire is somehow gonna push him into his own black hole lol knowing claire, she'll just get lucky or someone is going to save her at the last minute. this could be the start of her becoming kick asss. i just wish she was going to be good.

LOL at Claire taking on someone who can create black holes with a tazer wtf is she thinking..."i wonder what'll happen if i shock him?"

Mairuzu
LOL at Claire taking on someone who can create black holes with a tazer lol @ anyone taking on someone that can create black holes...Originally posted by Ordained
i was thinking the same thing

knowing claire, she'll just get lucky or someone is going to save her at the last minute. this could be the start of her becoming kick asss. i just wish she was going to be good.

wtf is she thinking..."i wonder what'll happen if i shock him?" she can still become good though.. Claires own words.. "The future isn't written in stone"

S_D_J
Spoiler Preview:
0P_sLooEInA

Sneek Peek Scene:
Daphne and Linderman
5QIQaonXNIE

... NBC hasn't really care about giving out spoilers this season, they did it with Peter being the shooter....and now Arthur.. erm

... and Sylar actually being a Petrelli WTF?

S_D_J
Pics from next episode

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/imgs_1.html

the one with Maury and Arthur makes me wonder...

Blue_Hefner
I had a feeling Arthur would be the villain.

Quincy
Man thats so gay.

Claire is going to beat someone with an amazing power because he's going to be gay like everyone else and not use his powers right.

Ordained
wait? i thought peter and sylar were the same age. how can they be brothers then?

Blue_Hefner
I didn't know they mentioned their ages. :/

Ordained
actually, i was mistaken. peter is 24 and sylar is 26-30.

Superman XX5
I'm liking season 3 alot more than I liked season 2.

HorseShoeKing
Originally posted by Ordained
wait? i thought peter and sylar were the same age. how can they be brothers then?

They would be fraternal twins and not identical, remember high school biology and health?

General Zink
Heh...

Ghost Linderman... I hope that's explained reasonably.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by General Zink
Heh...

Ghost Linderman... I hope that's explained reasonably.

It's his power. Duh!

Prime#
Am I the only one who wants to see a Hero who has a kick ass power and can actually use it?

Mairuzu
Or a villain

Blue_Hefner
Or a villain

Have you seen Knox yet?

Mairuzu
hes okay

Endrict Nuul
I liked today, it was pretty good and also parts were creepy kinda.

Blue_Hefner
Smh. I should have known it was Matt's dad as Linderman. Does anybody know what Arthur's power is yet?

Elite Hunter
I thought the Hiro "killing" Ando scene wasn't done properly, this episode didn't have enough conflict between the two for me to really accept it. is as possibility.(I hoped I worded that right) Though is most likely wasn't a fatal wound. The other thing that bothered me about this episode is the fact the Claire went after one of the few if only people that could actually be a threat to her. I mean seriously if I was immortal, a guy who can send me through a black hole is one of the last guys I would go see.

Quincy
Adam Monroe was the best part of this episode.

But I think he'll be killed next week after they get him to heal Arthur. Predictability...

Sylar Petrelli is still really weak sauce.

Elite Hunter
^That would be such a waste of a good character. I liked what Sylar told Claire in the car but I don't like him being a Petrelli either.

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by Quincy
Adam Monroe was the best part of this episode.

But I think he'll be killed next week after they get him to heal Arthur. Predictability...

Sylar Petrelli is still really weak sauce. I thought that Monroe was immortal, so how could he be killed.

Also, I don't understand Knox's power, and I haven't seen him use it once. Is it projecting fear in to other people, or is it just detecting it?

Quincy
A bullet to the head would kill Adam. Or something equally gay. Unfortunately, the heroes writers would come up with something to get rid of him.

Knox absorbs peoples fears and turns it into his own strength. It's super strength when people are afraid.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I thought the Hiro "killing" Ando scene wasn't done properly, this episode didn't have enough conflict between the two for me to really accept it. is as possibility.(I hoped I worded that right) Though is most likely wasn't a fatal wound. The other thing that bothered me about this episode is the fact the Claire went after one of the few if only people that could actually be a threat to her. I mean seriously if I was immortal, a guy who can send me through a black hole is one of the last guys I would go see.

IMO Ando isnt dead, I think Hiro has something up his sleeve...like hes tricking someone.

Vinny Valentine
I actually really enjoyed this episode.

Ordained
this was an okay episode but i have my iffiness about it.

1. HRG and Claire were sitting a little too close for comfort if they still don't trust Sylar

2. i hated how HRG basically forced the black hole guy to kill himself

3. Hiro doesn't know when to use his powers. when Adam escaped, he could have just rewound time (once he regained consciousness)

4. Hiro shouldn't have been able to do what he did to Ando if they were really that close of friends

5. how the HELL did Matt's dad escape that psychic prison (but it was kinda predictable though)

6. Maya is exuberantly useless with an awesome power

*pants* had to get that off of my chest

Captain REX
I actually thought that the writing and the way things played out for the episode were incredibly well done. I liked it much more than... pretty much everything we've seen from the rest of the season.

As for Maury getting out of the nightmarish psychic prison... I am not terribly surprised. It IS his power, he probably found a way out of it if Matt did! I believe last season it just incapacitated him so they could lock him up. As for how he got unlocked... that's a different question.

Everything with Canfield (poor Canfield) was great, I liked his character, it's unfortunate that he's gone.

I like that they're giving Sylar different motivations. Another season of 'I'm going to kill you and take your powers' would have been overdoing it. First season was great, second season they stopped him by just giving him the virus, this season they show him trying to reverse the damage he's done. Say what you will, but at least it's not 'Oh no, boogeyman!' all over again.

Ordained
i agree with you, don't get me wrong. i'm just saying that i'm upset with some of the choices some of the characters made and the things the writers made happen.

that guy with Meridith has an uber cool power: dare i say biokinesis

Captain REX
I nicknamed him the Puppet Master.

I also nicknamed Stephen Canfield 'Soundgarden.' Black Hole Sun? Hahaha. ermm

Vinny Valentine
I wish they made the guy who can control others hot.... Pity.

Yes, I did really like this episode, it was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three.

I didn't like Hiro stabbing Ando, that pissed me off because it made 0 sense in Heroes Land. And was poorly executed.

starlock
Ok episode....not liking mohinders story line at all....sylar is still boring to me...claire's involvment with the escapee was predictable...i did like HRG's role in all of this though....i am a little dissapointed with the show in general,Hiro's exploits are getting old and now they are confusing...it seems the writers are just mesing with the motivations and personalities just so they can further the plot...Nathan and tracy just dont do it for me..i could care less about them.....and matt's journey is sorely missed in this episode.. As a whole the show aint working for me....but i will watch them all and try and keep an opened mind

@stroFan
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I wish they made the guy who can control others hot.... Pity.

Yes, I did really like this episode, it was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three.

I didn't like Hiro stabbing Ando, that pissed me off because it made 0 sense in Heroes Land. And was poorly executed.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. This show is getting too shock happy and too complicated for its own good. erm

Endrict Nuul
-The father of Nate etc.... is kinda a cool story line. Making a new villain group is cool.
-Sylar as a good guy kind dull? yeah, maybe for now.....but I think better things are to come.
-Matt's story is boring.
-Yeah, I am not fond of Mohinder's story line either
-I wish the black hole guy stayed around but he cant since hes too powerful, Bennet wanting to kill Sylar, that whole part was cool.

Blue_Hefner
Am I the only person who doesn't care about Hiro killing Ando? clapping

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Ordained
this was an okay episode but i have my iffiness about it.

1. HRG and Claire were sitting a little too close for comfort if they still don't trust Sylar

2. i hated how HRG basically forced the black hole guy to kill himself

3. Hiro doesn't know when to use his powers. when Adam escaped, he could have just rewound time (once he regained consciousness)

4. Hiro shouldn't have been able to do what he did to Ando if they were really that close of friends

5. how the HELL did Matt's dad escape that psychic prison (but it was kinda predictable though)

6. Maya is exuberantly useless with an awesome power

*pants* had to get that off of my chest HE didnt purposely make him kill himself

and i donno what you guys think, but i believe that hiro stopped time to put some sort of... ketchup? thing inside andos shirt and ando is just playing along

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Captain REX
I actually thought that the writing and the way things played out for the episode were incredibly well done. I liked it much more than... pretty much everything we've seen from the rest of the season.

As for Maury getting out of the nightmarish psychic prison... I am not terribly surprised. It IS his power, he probably found a way out of it if Matt did! I believe last season it just incapacitated him so they could lock him up. As for how he got unlocked... that's a different question.

Everything with Canfield (poor Canfield) was great, I liked his character, it's unfortunate that he's gone.

I like that they're giving Sylar different motivations. Another season of 'I'm going to kill you and take your powers' would have been overdoing it. First season was great, second season they stopped him by just giving him the virus, this season they show him trying to reverse the damage he's done. Say what you will, but at least it's not 'Oh no, boogeyman!' all over again. HE was in level 5...

thats how he got out

celestialdemon
Interesting episode. Some things about it I liked and others I didn't. I'll break it down.

I liked that not all of the Level 5 escapees were killing machines. Stephen had one of the most devastating powers in the Heroes universe, yet he was geniunely a nice guy who made a mistake. I hope his sacrifice is a wake up call to both Sylar and Bennet.

Speaking of those two, I'm enjoying the slow turn by both of them. Sylar is slowing trying to redeem himself and do the right thing, and Claire is starting to see her dad as more of the monster. I wonder how Claire will react when she finds out Sylar is her uncle.

Puppet-man. He looks so creepy and has an awesome power! I can't wait to see him toy with everyone on the next episode.

As for things I didn't like, I think we can all agree that the Mohinder storyline is boring and needs to be put to rest already. Nobody cares about him or Maya.

The Nathan and Tracy story needs to end also. We know how they got their powers now. So let that be the end of it and either take them out of the picture or put them into something else.

I'm tired of Hiro and Ando also. Nothing interesting ever really happens with them. Yes, Hiro stabbed Ando, but we all know there's a trick there. It took all of Hiro's courage to stab a serial killer. There's no way he would casually stab his best friend.

Mairuzu
I kind of like where Tracy and Nathan are going actually, i see them making their own group... people that were givin powers.. like the future shows

And i agree, that puppet master scene was intense

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Interesting episode. Some things about it I liked and others I didn't. I'll break it down.

I liked that not all of the Level 5 escapees were killing machines. Stephen had one of the most devastating powers in the Heroes universe, yet he was geniunely a nice guy who made a mistake. I hope his sacrifice is a wake up call to both Sylar and Bennet.

Speaking of those two, I'm enjoying the slow turn by both of them. Sylar is slowing trying to redeem himself and do the right thing, and Claire is starting to see her dad as more of the monster. I wonder how Claire will react when she finds out Sylar is her uncle.

Puppet-man. He looks so creepy and has an awesome power! I can't wait to see him toy with everyone on the next episode.

As for things I didn't like, I think we can all agree that the Mohinder storyline is boring and needs to be put to rest already. Nobody cares about him or Maya.

The Nathan and Tracy story needs to end also. We know how they got their powers now. So let that be the end of it and either take them out of the picture or put them into something else.

I'm tired of Hiro and Ando also. Nothing interesting ever really happens with them. Yes, Hiro stabbed Ando, but we all know there's a trick there. It took all of Hiro's courage to stab a serial killer. There's no way he would casually stab his best friend.

I agree with you on everything, man. They should just got rid of Ando instead Adam. SMH.

Captain REX
I think Mohinder and Maya will have more relevance in coming stories. This is just the beginning of Mohinder's powers and mistakes, after all. I wonder what he needs those people for...

The scene where Sylar is telling Bennet that he is pushing Claire away with his Company tactics... I totally thought 'I love Uncle Sylar more than you!' when she got out of the car. Haha. Not that she knows yet! Nor does Sylar.

There is probably something more in store for Nathan than just banging Tracy and being 'artificial.' Especially if Arthur is returning. Nathan held his father in the utmost respect; does he join his father's plans, whatever they are, or does he do the right thing, whatever that is?

celestialdemon
I kind of like where Tracy and Nathan are going actually, i see them making their own group... people that were givin powers.. like the future shows

And i agree, that puppet master scene was intense

Just read the online comic about Doyle. Something else scary about him. Not only can he control peoples' movements, he can control their powers, also. Not even Sylar can stop that.

Mairuzu
Just read the online comic about Doyle. Something else scary about him. Not only can he control peoples' movements, he can control their powers, also. Not even Sylar can stop that. Thats scary shit

hopefully they dont kill him off in the next episode

Thats scary shit

hopefully they dont kill him off in the next episode they will give it to sylar. lol

I'm tired of Hiro and Ando also. Nothing interesting ever really happens with them. Yes, Hiro stabbed Ando, but we all know there's a trick there. It took all of Hiro's courage to stab a serial killer. There's no way he would casually stab his best friend. YEah i am getting sick of the Doctor already. i mean he killed her off. i mean wtf?

S_D_J

Captain REX
I don't think Maya is dead. The guy she checked out in his lab opened his eyes and his eyes blacked when she used her power, so he must be still alive, if unable to do anything at all.

Doyle has the potential to be someone truly evil in this show. I hope they don't kill him right off.

Endrict Nuul
I am really getting sick of Hiro and his pussy dumb ass. Its a nerd trying to act tough at times every time I see him.

Mairuzu
I'm waiting for Hiro to be serious and badass like in 5 years gone

Gideon
Originally posted by Quincy
A bullet to the head would kill Adam. Or something equally gay. Unfortunately, the heroes writers would come up with something to get rid of him.

Knox absorbs peoples fears and turns it into his own strength. It's super strength when people are afraid.

The psuedo-invincibility is so retarded. Adam had only that one damn thing going for him and they took it away with "LOLZ BULLET TO THE HEAD!"

This was the guy who enthralled Linderman and manipulated everyone (including Arthur) into creating the Company.

For the record, HRG and Sylar own this show, and their chemistry/partnership has been the best part of the season.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Gideon
The psuedo-invincibility is so retarded. Adam had only that one damn thing going for him and they took it away with "LOLZ BULLET TO THE HEAD!"

This was the guy who enthralled Linderman and manipulated everyone (including Arthur) into creating the Company.

how the hell did he managed to that... If Arthur is "obviously" so powerful ...

inconsistent writing this season it's really ticking me off... first "Sylar's mommy" and then this...

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Gideon

For the record, HRG and Sylar own this show, and their chemistry/partnership has been the best part of the season.

I agree. Adam was so feared by the Company that they tried to lock him away permanently. It seems stupid that he could be killed with just a shot to the head. You would think in the 30 years they had him in captivity someone from the Company would have tried that.

Captain REX
Yes, I'm wondering about all this stuff that the Company just keeps around for future use when it is obvious that they do not want it used. The Formula, the Virus, Adam himself...

Elite Hunter
I hope they keep Adam alive, he is my favorite "true" villain on the show right now (Sylar seems to be a tweener right now. I'm interest in the coming the rivalry between "The company" and the Pinehearst company.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.